View Full Version : Is there any map converter?

deyot
Oct 06, 2004, 04:37 AM
Hi.
I'm new to this forum and I don't know if this is a correct place for my post so forgive me if it isn't.
I'm intrested if there is any converting tool for civ3 maps. My problem is that most of the maps released today on this forum are in bix or biq format. But I have only civ3 without any add-ons. So bic maps are the only maps I can use. That's why I ask you if there is any tool that would allow me to convert the bix and biq maps to a bic format so I could play all those wonderful maps made by all of you gifted mapmakers.

LouLong
Oct 06, 2004, 04:54 AM
As far as I know it is impossible to convert bx or biq to bic, even though it is possible to convert maps "up" (from bic to bix or biq).
You must dig in the oldest threads. Sometimes people make a bic version on request but rarely as it means often redoing the map and most people have Conquests or PTW.

Good luck though, kolega !

MaisseArsouye
Oct 06, 2004, 05:43 AM
There's a way, I just converted a biq to bic ! But unhappylessly, it won't work every times.

For this, you need MapTweaker (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=73990). That utility can open biq files. Once you opened the map you want to play, you can use the "save as" function and select .bic !

The problem is that MapTweaker can't read "compressed" biq files. There's an option "compress biq files" in the editor. If the maker choosed it, you can't open the file with MapTweaker :(

But if you find somebody very nice having Conquest, he can open the map you want, "un-choose" ( what's the english for "décocher" :confused: ) the "compress biq files" option, save it and then share it with you ;)

@Map makers: Maybe it would be a good idea to share our biq files without the compress option ?

bjbj1991
Oct 09, 2004, 02:48 PM
You do not even need Conquest just download the editor here save the file as a civ3Conquest map then convert