View Full Version : Term 4 - Elections for Minister of Foreign Affairs

gert-janl
Oct 27, 2004, 03:38 PM
Please vote the person of your choice for the position of Minister of Foreign Affairs. The contestants are:

CivGeneral
Donovan Zoi

mhcarver
Oct 27, 2004, 03:40 PM
um shouldn't there be a poll here?

Edit:never mind now

CivGeneral
Oct 27, 2004, 03:41 PM
Erm, I am creating a poll for this

gert-janl
Oct 27, 2004, 03:42 PM
I was still on the poll...it's there now

This is the official election

Chieftess
Oct 27, 2004, 03:44 PM
CG - I deleted yours, since it was a duplicate.

gert-janl
Oct 27, 2004, 03:45 PM
Thank you CT!

CivGeneral
Oct 27, 2004, 03:51 PM
Anyway, since I am in a race for this election. I must fight in this election. My primary platform is peace with no agressive wars. I plan to see my time in office with no agressive wars. I will tolerate defensive wars in the event a civ declares war against us from out of the blue. I do not beleve we should go along with agressive warefare to gain land since we are pretty much large enough to hold our own. Defensive warefare is a whole different ball game since the other civ gets slaped with a rep hit. Personaly, I do not beleve we should be declaring wars and breaking treaties just to gain the upper hand. I beleve that we should remain in good terms with other nations.

I also encurage all citizens to vote for me, CivGeneral because I am currently a FAs Deputy seeking a Minister's possition and have gained the experiance thanks to Civman2004. In my times as deputy, I have covered my supervisor in times of need. I have posted instructions for him, I looked up the current relations between us and other civs, I have looked up prices for embassies, Also by request of Civman2004 checked on any peace renegotiation deals possible (Though I am against hanging our nations upside down and shaking money out of them <- Typical School yard bully tatic)

Pease citizens, Vote For CivGeneral :).

blackheart
Oct 27, 2004, 04:22 PM
Questions:
1) If a woodchuck could chuck wood, how much would a woodchuck chuck?
2) How actively would you seek out military alliances if China were to declare war on us?
3) What would your minimum terms for peace be to end any war?

Goonie
Oct 27, 2004, 04:44 PM
I vote for DZ. I support those with the most ability.

I do not support the fat cats.

Cyc
Oct 27, 2004, 05:26 PM
Personally, I support Donovan_Zoi in any position he runs for. He's smart, articulate, imaginative, and a darn good Civ3 player. But in this instance, I'm going to take a leap of faith.

I'm backing CivGeneral, as from what I can see, he realized the complexity of the Nomination problem, readjusted his stance on election standards, and attempted to open an Election Poll between himself and DZ. This took guts. I would be hesitant to run against DZ. :D But CG did it, and this is the kind of honorable, gutsy gameplay I like to see. Therefore my vote goes to CG. Good luck!

CivGeneral
Oct 27, 2004, 06:06 PM
Questions:
2) How actively would you seek out military alliances if China were to declare war on us?

1. How does this relate to the affairs of the Demogame :p
2. I will be very active in seeking military alliance in the event china declares war on us. I would first seek out China's neighbors (The old real estate attage "Location, Location, Location"). Second, I would check both there stances twards us and how much the alliance should cost in order to enter the alliance.
3. The minimum terms for peace to be in the end of any war is oviously the peace treaty itself. If that is not possible, the minumum terms for peace would be in the form of eather gold or a deadbeat tech that has no benifits to eather party.

blackheart
Oct 27, 2004, 06:17 PM
1. How does this relate to the affairs of the Demogame :p

Just to see if you can get the riddle.

CivGeneral
Oct 27, 2004, 06:36 PM
Questions:

I've read somewhere that an average woodchuck could chuck around 35ft^3 of dirt while digging his burrow. If a woodchuck could chuck wood, the woodchuck would chuck a mass equal to 700lbs.

With Science asside, A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Cyc
Oct 27, 2004, 06:45 PM
:thumbsup: Thank you for reaffirming my vote, CG. :D Well done.

Donovan Zoi
Oct 27, 2004, 07:09 PM
I've read somewhere that an average woodchuck could chuck around 35ft^3 of dirt while digging his burrow. If a woodchuck could chuck wood, the woodchuck would chuck a mass equal to 700lbs.

With Science asside, A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

This is an impressive answer from my opponent, but is suspect due to the initial dodge of the question. I contend that Google may have played a role.

Also, I would like to submit the correct answer to the first question:

"If a woodchuck could chuck wood, he would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could"

Only a keen eye would notice that the clauses of the popular tongue twister are reversed in the blackheart's question. Therefore is stands to reason that the correct answer should follow a similar format.

EDIT: More answers coming soon......

CivGeneral
Oct 27, 2004, 07:16 PM
DZ, its not a dodge of a question. I actualy talked with Blackheart about why he asked that question. Also, I did not used google. Remember that I am in the Marine Science Associate Degree program in my college, in the program are two Biology classes.

Strider
Oct 27, 2004, 07:18 PM
This is an impressive answer from my opponent, but is suspect due to the initial dodge of the question. I contend that Google may have played a role.

Also, I would like to submit the correct answer to the first question:

"If a woodchuck could chuck wood, he would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could"

Only a keen eye would notice that the clauses of the popular tongue twister are reversed in the blackheart's question. Therefore is stands to reason that the correct answer should follow a similar format.

EDIT: More answers coming soon......

Once again, Donovan_Zoi proves he is unable to do anything without trying to insult and ridicule his opponent.

Donovan Zoi
Oct 27, 2004, 07:25 PM
Give me a break, guys! :lol: It's a question about woodchucks. :confused:

Notice how the first thing I take CG to task on is his answer about woodchucks. If anything, my response is a veiled attempt to poke fun at the current electoral nonsense, where non-issues get the most press.

Unfortunately, some are either too sensitive or humorless to pick it up. :(

Strider
Oct 27, 2004, 07:26 PM
Give me a break, guys! :lol: It's a question about woodchucks. :confused:

Notice how the first thing I take CG to task on is his answer about woodchucks. If anything, my response is a veiled attempt to poke fun at the current electoral nonsense, where non-issues get the most press.

Unfortunately, some are either too sensitive or humorless to pick it up. :(

That or your vain attempt at humor is overlooked, as your habit of insulting your opponents is much more known. You can't poke fun at someone, and expect them to be happy about it.

Donovan Zoi
Oct 27, 2004, 07:39 PM
And now for the answer to the real questions:

I certainly would not pay money for an alliance, and doubt that anyone would join our cause straight up. Therefore, I would probably lobby to wait out the cold war in the hopes that peace can be reached. I would also be in contact with our Military Advisor to ensure our troops are on high alert.

Since I would not advocate aggression, I doubt that the prize will be anything more than peace itself. I would pay up to 50g to avoid a losing battle, but don't believe our Military will put us in that situation.

Donovan Zoi
Oct 27, 2004, 07:46 PM
Anyway, since I am in a race for this election. I must fight in this election. My primary platform is peace with no agressive wars. I plan to see my time in office with no agressive wars. I will tolerate defensive wars in the event a civ declares war against us from out of the blue. I do not beleve we should go along with agressive warefare to gain land since we are pretty much large enough to hold our own. Defensive warefare is a whole different ball game since the other civ gets slaped with a rep hit. Personaly, I do not beleve we should be declaring wars and breaking treaties just to gain the upper hand. I beleve that we should remain in good terms with other nations.

I also encurage all citizens to vote for me, CivGeneral because I am currently a FAs Deputy seeking a Minister's possition and have gained the experiance thanks to Civman2004. In my times as deputy, I have covered my supervisor in times of need. I have posted instructions for him, I looked up the current relations between us and other civs, I have looked up prices for embassies, Also by request of Civman2004 checked on any peace renegotiation deals possible (Though I am against hanging our nations upside down and shaking money out of them <- Typical School yard bully tatic)

Pease citizens, Vote For CivGeneral :).

The Woodchuck Wedge Issue notwithstanding, I believe that CivGeneral and I have pretty much the same goals for the FA Office in Term 4. As Foreign Advisor, I would push for 100% honorable diplomacy, as would CG.

So, it looks like this election will hinge on two things: the Great Woodchuck Divide, and my rising status as Class A Jerk to a select few. :confused: Discuss, and vote accordingly. I am aware of my recent stances, and will stand by them.

Zarn
Oct 27, 2004, 08:09 PM
The Woodchuck Wedge Issue notwithstanding, I believe that CivGeneral and I have pretty much the same goals for the FA Office in Term 4. As Foreign Advisor, I would push for 100% honorable diplomacy, as would CG.

So, it looks like this election will hinge on two things: the Great Woodchuck Divide, and my rising status as Class A Jerk to a select few. :confused: Discuss, and vote accordingly. I am aware of my recent stances, and will stand by them.

I agree and admit the only reason I voted CG was because he was losing (I couldn't decide). I like the idea of having this combination in Foreign Affairs. :goodjob:

No matter the outcome, good luck to the both of you.

donsig
Oct 27, 2004, 09:13 PM
So, it looks like this election will hinge on two things: the Great Woodchuck Divide, and my rising status as Class A Jerk to a select few. :confused:

Well, I always say if you're gonna be a jerk be a Class A jerk! ;) I sympathize with you. Ahhh, I long for the good old days of Tlaxcala in the old southwest. Look at it this way DZ, if they put us out to pasture we'll always have the Cage Match. (And at the rate we're going I mean that literally. :groucho: hehe)

blackheart
Oct 28, 2004, 02:42 PM
DZ, its not a dodge of a question. I actualy talked with Blackheart about why he asked that question. Also, I did not used google. Remember that I am in the Marine Science Associate Degree program in my college, in the program are two Biology classes.

Yep CG and I talked about this, and he got it after a thoughtful think. You're right too DZ.

Provolution
Oct 29, 2004, 06:43 PM
DZ and CG

Congrats with the FA Ministry :)

CivGeneral
Oct 29, 2004, 06:45 PM
DZ and CG

Congrats with the FA Ministry :)
Wait a sec, the poll is still open and is not due to close till tommorow :confused:

Anyway, Vote CivGeneral

Provolution
Oct 29, 2004, 06:47 PM
aye, sorry :) My fault, I did all of them downwards.

blackheart
Oct 29, 2004, 08:07 PM
CG, I hope you can pull 4 more voters out of your hat! :lol:

Black_Hole
Oct 31, 2004, 07:21 AM
congratz DZ!