View Full Version : Singaporean Civ V.1.2


Noname
Nov 23, 2001, 11:35 PM
Version 1.2 is now available!

http://25cent.tripod.com/singaporeciv1.2.zip


Info:

Civ Modified: China

King: Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew :king:

Capital: Singapore City

CSAs: Industrious and Commercial

CSU: Bionix IFV- Mech Inf with one extra move point.

http://www.geocities.com/ssvong/bionix/bionix_main1.htm

How to install:

1) Back up civmod3.bic. Most important step

2) Unzip civmod3.bic inside the zip file into your Civ 3 directory.

How to install the Bionix:

1) Create a folder in your unit art directory, by default:

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\units\Bionix

2) Unzip all .wav and .flc files withe the prefix "Bionix" into that folder.

Noname
Nov 26, 2001, 05:46 AM
blank post

dk99
Nov 28, 2001, 04:26 AM
Cool man.....
Just Downloaded it
sorry i couldn't try it now and give u a feedback
will do that asap

How bout doing a singapore man?
with part of Johor too.

Noname
Nov 28, 2001, 08:00 AM
blank post

Thunderfall
Nov 28, 2001, 12:01 PM
Let's limit postings of the same modpack to one thread. :)

mfauzi
Nov 30, 2001, 05:06 AM
Hey, what's the specs? Like fave and shunned governments, etc..

Noname
Nov 30, 2001, 05:26 AM
Democracy and Communism respectively

akinkhoo
Nov 30, 2001, 02:01 PM
i really wondering what are the names of the cities.....
Jurong? AngMoKio? Yishun? Nanyang? Marina? :D

mfauzi
Nov 30, 2001, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Noname
Currently Democracy and Communism respectively, but I'm thinking about changing that to Republic and Communism in the next update.

Hmm.. actually at one time communism (socialist actually) was one of the big powers here. Barisan Socialis was one of the major parties. After it went down, most of its members who still remained in politics went to the other parties, didn't they? And some people still accuse the government of being somewhat communist. Furthermore, we really have no problems against Vietnam and China.. Maybe the shunned government should be something else.. Despotism or Monarchy maybe?

Just my 2 cents :)

Noname
Dec 01, 2001, 06:26 AM
blank post

akinkhoo
Dec 02, 2001, 12:33 AM
Singapore is about to become a communist..... :D
The opposition parties only won 2 seats!!!!
it is going to be a democratic elected communist....

just joking..... ARGH the sercet police were coming!!!
No...NOOOO!!!!!!!

- connection with user lost -

mfauzi
Dec 02, 2001, 09:46 AM
Well, I guess I have to agree with that then. So communism it is..

And it is a scary thought on how the opposition is losing out. And some people are already thinking that we should abolish the elections since they think it's no longer worth wasting their time voting.. Wouldn't make this a totalarism (is that how you spell it? I forgot ? That's not good at all.. There really should be less walkovers around too. They're really scaring the opposition away:p

Dark Sheer
Dec 03, 2001, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by mfauzi
Well, I guess I have to agree with that then. So communism it is..

And it is a scary thought on how the opposition is losing out. And some people are already thinking that we should abolish the elections since they think it's no longer worth wasting their time voting.. Wouldn't make this a totalarism (is that how you spell it? I forgot ? That's not good at all.. There really should be less walkovers around too. They're really scaring the opposition away:p

The political walkover during the latest election is a joke!:lol: I know the oppositions are weak in Singapore, but majority even before actual casting of vote??:rolleyes: At least the oppositions in Malaysia is making lots of head way (not that a PAS government for the whole of Malaysia is any good, but lossing two states to the oppositions does signaling the ruling party to buck up or else...:D )

Political issue aside, is this Civ a separate thing or does it replace one of the current Civ? And I was wondering on another note, would it be possible to have only a map of say South East Asia on a large Map and then Singapore as the new Civ in it?:cool:

Aggrodude
Dec 04, 2001, 12:00 AM
gosh! fellow s'porean civvers ... do you guys know how many of us are around? (tot most S'poreans were just CS freaks - no disrespect)

if we can pull enough people together, we could do a Asian Civ3! with Malaysians, Indonesians, Koreans, etc!

anyone game?

KALIROB2k2
Dec 04, 2001, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Aggrodude
gosh! fellow s'porean civvers ... do you guys know how many of us are around? (tot most S'poreans were just CS freaks - no disrespect)

if we can pull enough people together, we could do a Asian Civ3! with Malaysians, Indonesians, Koreans, etc!

anyone game?

LoL Well that might be nice, but thats like Caucasians asking for a "White Civ3" :rolleyes:, basically the point of the normal game already is that its multi race in mind. So that might be considered a little narrow minded race wise. Besides you can make your own contries with some of the utilities on the Civ3 page. Not to mention that making an Asian Civ3 might be a bit harder than just making a comment. :king: heh, good luck if you wanna try tho!

mfauzi
Dec 04, 2001, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by KALIROB2k2


LoL Well that might be nice, but thats like Caucasians asking for a "White Civ3" :rolleyes:, basically the point of the normal game already is that its multi race in mind. So that might be considered a little narrow minded race wise. Besides you can make your own contries with some of the utilities on the Civ3 page. Not to mention that making an Asian Civ3 might be a bit harder than just making a comment. :king: heh, good luck if you wanna try tho!

Well, there's a lot of caucasian civs in it: French, German, English, Greeks, Americans, Russians, etc. What if we do the reverse? So many asian civs : Malayans, Javanese, Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, Khmer, Burmese, Indians, Vietnamese, Mongols and others and a few of the rest? After all, asia is the most populous continent lol :P Nah, it would be quite an interesting mode though.. What if the east colonized the west? I'm not suggesting that we make this a must for everyone.. Just something fun for those who are interested.

Yeah, there do seem like quite a lot of Singaporean civvers.. Most of my friends are just interested in CS, and to those i've suggested Civ, most said they don't have a clue on how to play it.. too bad, they're losing out :D I won't get sick of civ as fast as I got sick of CS!

Anyway, about the political situation, yeah, agreed.. There should be more competition, instead of walkovers.. Those poor guys didn't even get to vote.. And I'm not old enough to vote! :rolleyes:

KALIROB2k2
Dec 04, 2001, 04:58 AM
I do agree on the fact of there are to many Caucasian Civs in the game, but I think we have to realize that the Civs they use are the ones that were the more well known conquering countries(Or the more well known ones, or in the games sake I think it was based on what Civs where picked most in Civ2).
I mean I do agree they missed out on some asian civs but we have to realize that most the wars have been european countries, look at most of WW1 and WW2. I mean even the US became what it is because of Euro civs expanding more forcefully. Even if it is a melting pot now. :D
All in all i think the point was Korea and Singapore and the Philipines never really were conquerers or did they really forcefully expand like most Caucasian countries(Where as japan and China where forceful and warlike thus showing why they are already added). So they sadly werent really considered big players by Fraxis perhaps. I myself am Philipino so I am a tad insulted, but I think I understand why it wasnt initially added as a big player.
But for those of us with a problem with this in Civ3, at least figure that we can use programs to add or own Civ so perhaps it isnt a complete loss?:confused:

akinkhoo
Dec 04, 2001, 06:28 AM
The MONGOLS are surely missing....
they kick WESTWARD BUTTS!!! :D

:rolleyes:

alot of the good ol' Civ are missing.....
i miss the carthage and spain and mongols......
there were more fun on Civ2 :cry:

REALLY, EUROPE IS TOO CROWDED.....
never play the world map, becos the european will end up building cities all over the places that they look like independent state than a country :P

is this a bug? the AI should be make to build its cities closer and develop in a systematic direction.... I mean, I build coastal countries.... my cities are all next to water and i think that is neat, becos really city isn't build like it must be 80KM from the next city.... oops, what am i blahing about :crazyeyes

riceater
Dec 04, 2001, 10:46 AM
wow!! singaporean civ3 players!! and all this time i thought i was the odd person among our cs-playing country men...:p

Anyway , great work on the mod...

Knight-Dragon
Dec 06, 2001, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by akinkhoo
The MONGOLS are surely missing....
they kick WESTWARD BUTTS!!! :DThe Mongols have been combined with the Chinese in Civ3. When I got my first GL while playing the Chinese, he's called Kublai Khan. Go figure ..... :rolleyes:

Knight-Dragon
Dec 06, 2001, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by KALIROB2k2
I do agree on the fact of there are to many Caucasian Civs in the game, but I think we have to realize that the Civs they use are the ones that were the more well known conquering countries(Or the more well known ones, or in the games sake I think it was based on what Civs where picked most in Civ2).
I mean I do agree they missed out on some asian civs but we have to realize that most the wars have been european countries, look at most of WW1 and WW2. I mean even the US became what it is because of Euro civs expanding more forcefully. Even if it is a melting pot now. :D
All in all i think the point was Korea and Singapore and the Philipines never really were conquerers or did they really forcefully expand like most Caucasian countries(Where as japan and China where forceful and warlike thus showing why they are already added). So they sadly werent really considered big players by Fraxis perhaps. I myself am Philipino so I am a tad insulted, but I think I understand why it wasnt initially added as a big player.
But for those of us with a problem with this in Civ3, at least figure that we can use programs to add or own Civ so perhaps it isnt a complete loss?:confused: Point is this is a game about the history of humanity and the clashes of civilisations, nation-states and empires. And they have only a default no of 16 civs. :( So Firaxis only put in those civs with the most impact on the course of human history. Although why they put in Zulus and Iroquise I dunno (political correctness mostly). People have been arguing bout this in the Civilisations subforum. Go check it out. I think of all civs that shld have been incl - shld be the Arabs and Turks.

In short, put aside your patriotism and just enjoy the game. I certainly enjoy wiping out the Greeks, Americans and whatever Western civ they threw at me. :D

And welcome to CFC, all of you. :)

Noname
Dec 06, 2001, 07:52 AM
blank post

KALIROB2k2
Dec 06, 2001, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Knight-Dragon

In short, put aside your patriotism and just enjoy the game. I certainly enjoy wiping out the Greeks, Americans and whatever Western civ they threw at me. :D


Thanks for agreeing on Fraxis meant no harm, but I do have a question with has nothing to do with this subject but is it just me or do militiristic :soldier: civs get there units upgraded way to fast and so often that it makes it unfair at times? :rocket2:

mfauzi
Dec 07, 2001, 03:35 AM
Well, I guess they can't fit in too many but at least in Civ 2 we had a choice. In Civ 2, we can only play with 7 civs, but we have a choice of 21 civs. There should be at least 32 to start with, IMO. Anyway, there's way too many bashing and flaming and all that in some of the threads, so I just stick to more peaceful ones where the people actually make constructive comments, criticisms and rebuttals rather than just name-calling.

Noname: can you show me the list of what GL names you already have? Maybe I can come with some that are not there in the first place. :)

Noname
Dec 08, 2001, 01:32 AM
blank post

Noname
Dec 09, 2001, 08:49 AM
blank post

Noname
Dec 09, 2001, 08:57 AM
LKY in Civ3

KALIROB2k2
Dec 09, 2001, 09:24 PM
Hey nice job Noname :goodjob: I like it, any problems yet?

CentralAzN
Dec 25, 2001, 02:50 PM
the link to download it wont work for me, are there any other sites? i really want to play as singapore!! please someone gimme another link :(

thank you

Zouave
Jan 01, 2002, 03:59 AM
I'm waiting for the Brunei Civilization mod.

The special unit can be the sultan's legions of concubines.

kobayashi
Jan 02, 2002, 12:19 AM
Fellow Singaporeans,

Please come and view this thread in the History Forum that is partially about Singapore. It is quite entertaining (but be warned, there is some childish bickering).

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12379&perpage=30&pagenumber=1

BenWang
Jan 30, 2002, 03:06 AM
The link does not work. DOes anyone have a mirror of the file up?

BenWang
Mar 03, 2002, 12:48 AM
Hello NoName,
I REALLY want to play this mod....please
mail me at BenWang@SingNet.com.sg

Ultraman
Mar 05, 2002, 12:54 AM
Hey, great to see that there are at least a few SingCivers out there! Greetings, everyone!

Just did a mod called HomeWorld, nope nothing to do with Singapore, though I do change my Civ name to Singapore. The mod beats corruption, war weariness, pollution, and has vastly upgraded fighting. Trying to do ver 2. Does anyone know how to place Civ start positions? Wanna put them such that each Civ is as far way from each other as possible, creating a conquer the world situation.

Happy Civin'!

akinkhoo
Jun 20, 2002, 04:45 AM
Gandhi, trade is the life-blood of the world. Does your vackward civilization wish to trade with mighty Singapore :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quentin
Jun 21, 2002, 03:28 AM
They never possibly could have added Singapore considering Singapore is only a dot on the world map and in actual fact it isn't even as big as the dot. Isn't the bionix a light tank of sorts. I'm not sure, I just think something like that should not have the high defense of the mech. inf.

Quentin
Jun 21, 2002, 04:02 AM
I would also like to add that Singapore is, contrary to what is written in our pledge, not a democracy nor is it building one. In my opinion, one major difference is between a republican system an a democratic one is the strong emphasis on freedom, which is slightly lacking in Singapore. I would also add that Chee Soon Juan also believes so (although I have nothing against the guy, I find him excessively stupid to criticise the PAP like that. If he does not learn to be more tactful, he will never make a good politician.).
LKY himself said something like this about Michael Fay, "people ask me why singapore has such strict laws blah blah blah..., when Michael Fay returned home he continued with his ways, so which is better, our strict ways or 'freedom'?" I don't remember the exact words. having strict laws like the ones in Singapore is a sign that Singapore is NOT a democracy and the government itself does not prefer it.

Snoopy
Jun 25, 2003, 07:51 PM
Singapore Civ Loh!

I get this now liao!

:)


j/k my gf is singaporean, but I will get this, to make the game more interesting. Need a NZ civ now. :)

shunzhi
Sep 01, 2003, 10:03 PM
hey, the link is down can anyone else host it???