Dec 02, 2001, 01:45 AM
Hey all, I've completed a new unit that you all can download -- the Stormtrooper. I'm strapped for time right now so I'll assume you all know how to add new units to your game. This file also includes a new units_32.pcx so the icon shows up. This does NOT include a civpedia entry!! ALSO, because of the file size limit, I'm only including the new attack wav file, so copy the MARINE wav files and rename appropriately.
Here's the stats:
Prerequisite: The Laser
Shield Cost: 9
Required Resources: None
Unit Abilities: Foot Soldier, Ranged Attack
Available to: Everyone
Special Actions: Load, Airlift, Pillage
AI Strategies: Offense
Infantry upgrades to this... no longer to mech infantry. You may want to play with the shield cost of mech infantry to make stormtroopers worth it.
Dec 02, 2001, 10:50 AM
I like the idea. I'm not sure any game I played is likely to make it this far, but I like the idea.
Dec 02, 2001, 03:50 PM
YOu can always download the saved game editor if you want to get there... when I'm done with my own personal mod it will be easier to reach the modern age.... I LOVE conquest victories on the BIGGEST maps with max opponents so I'll eventually make all the early techs easier to get and all that.
Dec 02, 2001, 04:54 PM
Ok, how do u add new units??
Dec 02, 2001, 05:08 PM
I'm workin on a project right now but I'll give you the short version... hopefully you can figure out any blanks or someone else can fill them in.
1) you must have the hacked version of the editor, available in the utilities thread
2) Go to Civ3->Art->units folder and create a new folder called Stormtrooper
3) unzip the Stormtrooper.zip file to the new Stormtrooper folder you just created.
4) copy all the .wav files from the Marine folder (in units) EXCEPT MarinesAttack and paste them into the Stormtrooper folder.
5) Rename them all approprately
6) Move the units_32.pcx file to the units folder (back one)
7) Open the civ3mod.bic file (backup first) and edit units
8) Click add
9) Type Stormtrooper
10) Change all the settings to what I typed in my original post
12) You should be good to go
Dec 02, 2001, 05:09 PM
what about for other units??
Not just this *trooper....do u have MSN?
Dec 02, 2001, 05:19 PM
There's a tutorial in the tutorial thread.. Basically just follow these steps but use a different name besides stormtrooper.... if you're trying to figure out how to make your own units... well... I don't have time right now to do a tutorial on that. Check out the FLICster post in the utilities thread for info though... that's how I learned.