View Full Version : Chinese/Japanese Emperor M-unit

KUSANG
Jan 29, 2005, 11:13 AM
Hi guys! Wow I finally figured out how to upload. I've been working on Munits for quite some time (3 days) and this is what I call my masterpiece, cuz it's the only one I actually put thought and effort into. Hope you guys like it. I use this in place of the Mao king unit. I >HATE< Mao. He is NOT one of the better leaders of China. We've got Qin Shi Huang, Han Wudi, Tang Tai Zhong, Kang Xi, Sun Yat-Sen, but Sid HAD to choose Mao.. So this is my act of defiance hehe. :devil:
The units used are all from the Sengoku scenario in Conquests.

KUSANG
Jan 29, 2005, 11:16 AM
I am uploading the file right now. And another note, I significantly increased the attack flc speed. Hate or love, please let me know. I need to perfect my munit skills!

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/emperor_munit.zip

aaglo
Jan 29, 2005, 01:14 PM
It's quite good :thumbsup: , altough the attack speed is quite ridiculous (atleast in flicster) - but that's quite easy to fix ;)

Good job :)

KUSANG
Jan 29, 2005, 01:23 PM
Ahahaha! I know! Isn't it great?!
Haha, yes I understand that might have been abit too fast for some people. But I just remember when I loaded that shinanigan up in Civ and watched it go at it with another emperor unit I had a joygasm and had to keep the setting lol. But thank you, glad you like.

KUSANG
Jan 29, 2005, 01:27 PM
I'm also thinking I probably should redo the Emperor's (The leader with the fan) clothes, as make the non civ-specific color areas yellow. So look more like an emperor... however my CG skills .. suck. Oh well.

dottim
Feb 24, 2005, 01:34 PM
Wow that looks awesome! I was looking for a special King type of unit to use in a modded mod of my own ;) anyway the plan is to make an upgrading path for the King, making it just a bit more rpgish and I was browsing trough these forums for a unit that looked spectacular and Japanese/Samurai-ish, but nobody probably cares about my plans. Awesome unit though, it's exactly what I wanted and pictured in my mind. :mischief:

Viji
May 10, 2005, 12:34 AM
Brilliant work. Love the art and esp the effort! :goodjob:

I totally agree, Mao been a pain in the ass everytime I chance upon playing Chinese civilization.

I am new at this, this is prob my 1st ever thread, and Inew to this web forum, I am not a artist, and know lil about the work involved in creating the animations, and know zilch about flics and all :cry:

I'v noticed there is very little Chinese related mods available out there, I I love to find one such as the multi-unit you've created ;)

However, I had a Chinese oriented education, and is a Chinese history buff.

I have just started on my 1st ever mod scenario, and need some custom units. Since I know nothing about creating mod units (very frustrating), I have a request. I have pics and details on 15th century Ming Chinese junks (ships), I have searched thru the forum, although brilliantly done, none of them are an accurate rendition of the original junk.

I hope you will be able create such a unit from the pics I have, or maybe forward me to someone who does junks.

Thanks a lot. Pls. also pop me an e-mail cuz I don't really know how to track threads. Sorry for the trouble

Cheers
viji

Bluemofia
Jan 14, 2006, 01:20 PM
Meh. It's not on the 2nd page yet...

I've noticed that the people seem to fall through the Army person... Yeah... That's my only complaint about it, otherwise, brilliant.

conquer_dude
Feb 18, 2006, 07:41 PM
It will soon be the second page.

Looks good. :thumbsup:

Takhisis
Mar 02, 2006, 08:16 AM
Nice! About the non-civ color: if it´s Chinese it should be yellow, but if it´s Japanese I guess it´s not (I´m not sure).
This makes me ask: weren´t the ptw flcs unusable ´cos of copyright?

Bluemofia
Mar 02, 2006, 08:31 AM
It's a direct splicing of the Japanese unit pack (and the Shogun from Sengoku). The Leader, the Shogun, and the army.

No... Because the units are included in Conquests.