View Full Version : Only 5 Problems Til Complete Unit!!

Lavindathar
Dec 09, 2001, 07:17 AM
I have 5 problems til the new unit is working perfectly:

1) The civolapedia icon in the Unit's list appears with a blue background
2)the civlepedia img IN the description doesn't show properly...its fuzzy
3) the txt in the Civ for some reason isn't appearing: (ive got that to work before)...does it need the ^ at the start of each line?
4)the img on the BOTTOM build queue doesn't work (the one where it shows what u are building at the moment): i get the transport chopper icon!
5)the in-game animations show as a Transport Chopper with a gun - is this correct, or am I looking for a WHOLE new animation of the Attack Chopper??

Dark Sheer
Dec 09, 2001, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Lavindathar
I have 5 problems til the new unit is working perfectly:

1) The civolapedia icon in the Unit's list appears with a blue background
2)the civlepedia img IN the description doesn't show properly...its fuzzy
3) the txt in the Civ for some reason isn't appearing: (ive got that to work before)...does it need the ^ at the start of each line?
4)the img on the BOTTOM build queue doesn't work (the one where it shows what u are building at the moment): i get the transport chopper icon!
5)the in-game animations show as a Transport Chopper with a gun - is this correct, or am I looking for a WHOLE new animation of the Attack Chopper??

First, I am no god :jesus: I am just a guy who have been playing with computers since the old days of Apple II :D

As per your request, I am attaching my own Civilopedia entry for the Gunship (My Attack Chopper):D

As to point 4 & 5, I am not sure what you mean. Is the animation show a single blade chopper (if so then its correct) or a twin blade chopper like the one come with Civ3??

As to the icon in Civilopedia mine is nice and clear. Perhaps if you follow what I did in the text file attached you will be alright:king:

Dark Sheer
Dec 09, 2001, 12:29 PM
Oops, forgot to attach the file :blush:

Here it is :D

Lavindathar
Dec 09, 2001, 07:10 PM
4) When u choose what to build, and you are looking at the city screen, the img just above all the shields is wrong. it shows the Transport helicpopter, and not the apache copter.

5)in game animation shows the 2-bladed transport...not the apache

Lavindathar
Dec 09, 2001, 07:22 PM
My pedialincons.txt was the same, the civlopedia different.

That wont change any of my errors though will it??

I placed a copy of the 2chopper pics into the folder where the pedialicons.txt links to..was i right to do that?

Dark Sheer
Dec 10, 2001, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Lavindathar
My pedialincons.txt was the same, the civlopedia different.

That wont change any of my errors though will it??

I placed a copy of the 2chopper pics into the folder where the pedialicons.txt links to..was i right to do that?

The pics suppose to go to Art/Civilopedia/Icon/Unit/ I believe. As to the copter appear as two blade, I am pretty sure you used the wrong file are link the wrong file in the AttackChopper.ini file. Just check it again and I am sure you will get it right.