View Full Version : Nuclear bomber in WWII Pacific

Bluemofia
Apr 03, 2005, 02:39 PM
Has anyone had theirs shot down in WWII Pacific?

Because of all the times I launched it, it would never get intercepted, when every single bomber/fighter/fighter-bomber I would chuck at Japan would be intercepted. I threw 8 total, one after another at different major cities, and they would never get intercepted, even though Japan has 200+ jet fighters swarming around.

As a side note, even on Sid difficulty, Japan would never build Kamakazies and no AI would build Nuclear bombers.

Theoden
Apr 03, 2005, 04:17 PM
Since it is a nuclear weapon they would need SDI defense to intercept it, which cannot be built in this scenario.

Bluemofia
Apr 03, 2005, 07:24 PM
But it's an air unit, and shouldn't air superiority be able to intercept it?

Monkeyd00
Apr 03, 2005, 08:35 PM
It is not an air unit! It's got the ICBM flag, and therefore not an air unit.

Tomoyo
Apr 03, 2005, 08:38 PM
It is not an air unit! It's got the ICBM flag, and therefore not an air unit.It also has the air flag.

Also, it doesn't have the ICBM tag. It has the nuclear missile tag, which makes it more like a tactical nuke.

Bluemofia
Apr 03, 2005, 08:46 PM
To clear the argument:

Tomoyo
Apr 03, 2005, 09:00 PM
You slanted that screenshot towards my view. :D

The "nuclear missile" thing is also highlighted. Note that in the picture it's an air unit, like I said. (Although I've never played more than five turns into the WWII scenario :D)

Bluemofia
Apr 03, 2005, 09:07 PM
And the AI stratagies aren't selected, so the AI never builds them. So getting nuclear bombers is an unfair human advantage afterall.

Tomoyo
Apr 03, 2005, 09:08 PM
And the AI stratagies aren't selected, so the AI never builds them. So getting nuclear bombers is an unfair human advantage afterall.Without a bombard or attack strength, none of the boxes will highlight.