View Full Version : How can I change mobile sam's tile defense?

Lonkut
Apr 29, 2005, 04:27 AM
Is there a way to change the mobile sam's tile defense? Like make it so it destroys aircrafts that come in within the 3 tiles or something.

vapa
Apr 29, 2005, 04:41 AM
I think that you have that option in CIV3Q editor,go to edit rules,then units,then mobile sam,change operational range and that should be it.

the100thballoon
Apr 29, 2005, 08:11 AM
I think that you have that option in CIV3Q editor,go to edit rules,then units,then mobile sam,change operational range and that should be it.
lemme know if this works...... I am very very interested. I would do it myself but I am at school for a few hours. :(

tjedge1
Apr 29, 2005, 08:23 AM
That would be good to know. Could create a whole new dynamic to the game. Test it and post the results please.

Goldflash
Apr 29, 2005, 09:04 AM
I don't think that works...

WildWeazel
Apr 29, 2005, 09:33 AM
Nope. There was a thread about this a few months ago. The only way to do that is to make it an immobile air unit, make the attack strength whatever you want the "air defense" to be, set the range to 3, and give it the air superiority mission only. You can probably keep the air defense, it should still work if the SAM's tile is bombed after it has already used its turn.

tjedge1
Apr 29, 2005, 09:39 AM
:Hmm: That is an interesting idea. I'll have to consider that when I rebuild my personal mod. Or maybe just adust Heart of Destiny mod since it resembles mine a great deal these days.