View Full Version : Strange civ units video problems after installing the patch

GnarlyCow
Dec 11, 2001, 03:57 AM
My units no longer turn to face the direction they are moving in. They are always facing the same way now. The most noticeable I guess would be the battleship. It's always facing sideways even when I am moving it up or down. This happens on all of my units.

This only started happening after I installed the patch. I'm hoping someone else has come across this problem. It's a small thing, but it's annoying me.

I have tried unistalling completely and reinstalling the whole game with the patch but I still get the same problem. Anyone else out there having this problem?

FYI: I am on a P3 500 running Win98 Second Edition. I have the ATI XPERT 128 video card. I have the latest drivers for my video cards and sound cards, as well as DirectX 8.1

Yournamehere
Dec 13, 2001, 04:51 AM
I have the same problem. also in long games they start to act funny. I have units use all the movement points but refuse to go to the next unit. Like if i move unit one(ship) to a spot and all its movement is gone the computer will not let me do anything until i save the game and reload it. then i can go to unit two and it will move to the spot i want. but will not switch to the next unit. This does not happen until late in the game.