View Full Version : Turn Chat Instruction Thread: Wednesday 25 May - 18:00 GMT
May 22, 2005, 04:01 PM
Time: Wednesday 25 May - 18:00 GMT, 14:00 (2PM) EDT
Game Save: 590 AD (http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/DG6_AD0590_Turn9a.sav)
All officials who are empowered to post instructions for the upcoming turn chat are to do so here. Please post at least one hour before the turn chat starts.
This is not a discussion thread
I forgot to rename Tsingtao and Naples in the last turnchat and then founded a new city (PDX). To correct this:
Tsingtao to be renamed PDX,
Shanghai to be renamed Bloomington
PDX (the new city) to be renamed Paradiss
Future City Names:
new names up to post #124 of the registry:
First MDI: Eric the Red (all so far have been upgraded from Swords already named)
Medieval Unit: The Order of the 290 Quails
Reserved Names of future units by citizens already passed on registry
Next naval unit: Old Ironsides
First Calvary: 1st King's Guard
Second Calvary: Comander Deo
First Plane: Air Kohn
(Previous Instruction Thread is here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=119231) )
May 23, 2005, 04:13 PM
Director of Infrastructure's Instructions for 590 AD
2 Slaves and Worker NE of No_Where: Finish planting forest (4), then chop forest, and move NW (North of No_Where) and plant and chop a forest.
2 Slaves 2SW of Sebadoh: Finish roading (1), then move ESE (SSE of Sebadoh) to the grassland and mine/road that.
2 Workers 2SE of Sebadoh: Finish mining (3), then road tile, and move N of Sebadoh and start to mine that tile.
2 Slaves and 2 Workers NW of Blather: Move N (SW of Spichester) and mine and road that tile, then move onto the horses and road them.
2 Slaves NW of Spichester: Finish mining (6), and then move 2NE (NNE of Spichester) and irrigate the plains tile.
3 Slaves and 1 Worker NNW of Spichester: Finish irrigating (2), and then move SW (2NW of Spichester) and mine/road that tile.
Slave E of Tsingtao: If peace with Portugal: Move NWN and chop forest, and mine/road the tile. If no peace with Portugal, move SE -> S -> SW to get to safety.
3 Slaves NE of Dun Eideann: Mine/road tile, then move NE (S of PDX) and chop forest.
4 Slaves N of Dun Eideann: Finish mining, then move NNE (NW of PDX) and chop/mine/road forest.
2 Slaves SE of Naples: Finish irrigating, then road, then, move SE (SW of Dun Eideann) and mine the bonus grassland.
3 Slaves and 1 Worker NE-N-N of Bellopolis: Irrigate the tropical fruit E of Liveratica and then clear the marsh E-E-N of Liveratica.
4 Slaves S of Halls of Mandos: Finish mining, then mine the mountain NE of current tile (SE of Halls of Mandos).
4 Slaves SSW of Halls of Mandos: Finish mining, then road/mine the mountain E of current tile (SSE of Halls of Mandos).
3 Slaves and 1 Worker WNW of Regentham: Finish irrigating, then move S (WSW of Regentham) and irrigate/road that tile.
2 Slaves 2NE of Husborne Crawley: Finish irrigating, then road, and move SW (NE of Husborne Crawley) and road/mine the mountain.
4 Slaves NW of Oxford: Finish roading, then move to the tile 2NE of Oxford and mine/road it, and mine the tile ENE of Oxford.
3 Slaves S of The Black Hole: Finish mining, then move to the mountain NW of The Black Hole and mine/road that.
3 Workers NE of Roosting Tree: Finish mining, then move S and mine that hill.
Worker and Slave SE of Roosting Tree: Finish roading, then start mining (with help from above group).
2 Slaves N of Delhi: Finish mining, then road it, and move NE (NNE of Delhi) and irrigate/road that tile.
Slave NNW of Delhi: Finish mining, then road, and mine hill N of current tile.
Slave E of Auchtermuchty: Finish mining, then mine/road tobacco N of Auchtermuchty.
2 Slaves SE of Tracheon: Finish mining, then road, and move N (NE of Tracheon) and chop/road/mine grassland tile.
3 Workers and Slave SEW Nijmegen: Mine current tile, then move NNW (2NW of Nijmegen) and mine hill.
Slave NE of Nijmegen: Finish irrigating, then road current tile, and move NE and mine the plain.
2 Workers SSW of Barchester: Finish roading, then move SW (2NW of Skye) and mine/road plains tile.
3 Workers WNW of Barchester: Finish roading, and irrigating, then move E - NE (N of Barchester) and mine the plains.
May 23, 2005, 05:57 PM
External Consulate’s instructions for the 5/25/2005 turnchat. Specific instructions appear first; the Term 3 Policy appears next, for reference purposes.
1. In all instances, the DP has the freedom to adapt instructions to the ever-changing game conditions. Our only stipulation is that the spirit of the instructions and long-term goals of the External Consulate be adhered to. Changing details to achieve the same (or similar) end is fine.
2. Make peace with Portugal and establish a MA with them against France. They will give us 65 gold if we give them Monotheism.
3. We are continuing our war against France. Our next target is Nanking. After that, we prefer to adopt a defensive position against them, attacking only if we see a target of opportunity. (Once our troops have built up sufficiently we will go on the offensive again.) We have MAs against the French with Persia (11 turns left) and China (no turns left; but still in force). Please do not break these MAs.
4. We are continuing our war against Spain. We will be capturing the city of Murcia (and razing that); and also Valencia. It is up to the CoAF’s discretion when to take these cities; we realize he is waiting on additional troops. We have a MA against Spain with Persia (11 turns left). Please do not break this MA.
5. We are continuing our war against the Byzantines. We have MAs against the Byzantines with Maya, Hittites, Japan, and Persia. All of these have 11 turns to run (except Maya, which has 12).
6. When the CoAF has his troops in position, declare war on the Netherlands. We will take their last two remaining cities. Please raze Delft unless in-game conditions suggest we should keep it for some reason.
7. We have a ROP with China that will last another 11 turns. Please do not break this.
8. FYI, China and Japan are very weak: China is down to 2 cities, Japan 1.
9. If circumstance permit, the External Consulate prefers we play 11 turns in this turnchat. Why? So that most of our MAs and our ROP will expire before the end of the May 28 or 29 turnchat.
External Consulate – Policy for Term 3
Our Guiding Philosophy
Our long term strategy is to annex enough of the pangaea so that our territory is just below the domination limit. We expect we will at least annex most of the land up to and including the point where the Persian city Gordium currently stands.
We will seek to cripple the ability of all other Civilizations to win the game before we achieve our cultural goal of 130,000 points. This also means we cannot allow another Civ to reach 65,000 cultural points.
Long Term Foreign Affairs
1. We are now strong enough that we will not submit to any demands from another country.
2. We encourage warfare and disharmony among our rivals. Such disharmony will be achieved through trade and alliances.
3. We will not enter into alliances, trades, or GPT deals with countries we think we will be at war with within 20 turns.
4. Once we establish a choke point at Gem Mountain we will consider entering into ROPs with other civs.
5. Portugal (and the Pyramids) are a target for annexation.
6. France is a target for annexation.
7. Spain is a target for annexation.
8. Persia (& its Great Library) is a target for annexation.
9. China (or its remains) is a target for annexation.
10. Our policy is whenever possible any civ that has attacked us should be left with one city. Currently France, Persia, Byzantine, Spain, Portugal, and Japan fall into this category. However, we well may elect to eliminate some of those civs from the map.
11. Once we’ve established a chokepoint at Gem Mountain, we will demand that any “wandering” troops from another civ must leave our territory on our home continent. (Our home continent is all land west of Gem Mountain.) If not, we will declare war.
12. We will attack and destroy any city that is building the Smith’s Great Wonder. This wonder is to be ours.
1. We will soon make war with the Dutch and annex their remaining territory.
2. We have delayed war with China. Instead we’ll form a ROP with them so our troops can take the 3 former Chinese cities held by the French.
3. France has declared war on us. We will continue the war and seek MAs against them.
4. The Byzantines have declared war on us. We have formed alliances against them, which expired; and will form additional ones. We expect this to be a phony war.
5. The Spanish have declared war on us. We will take their cities of Murcia and Valencia.
6. Portugal has declared war on us. We intend to annex Portugal, but will make peace with them to save Shanghai and to form a MA with them against France.
7. The Great Library (held by the Persians) is a military target for us.
May 24, 2005, 04:50 PM
Full speed to Military Tradition. If it is possible to lower the sci-slider while still getting it in the same amount of turns; please do so.
There are no cities rioting, although some are on the virge of rioting (Chaos, Rivendell). We also have some dutch and other foreign citizens. They might disturb the happyness when wars are declared. Please keep an eye on them. If too many (use your judgement) cities require specialists and it is possible to increase the lux slider without harming our research speed, consider upping the lux-slider. Use your judgement to decide between lux-upping and hiring specialists.
I don't expect to learn both Metallurgy and Military Tradition this session, but if we do, please go for Astronomy next. However; this choice is not unanimously (sp) as some want to beeline to Economics after Mil Trad so it needs to be polled. And some say to slow research to save cash for upgrades. So it might be wisest to stop the TC when Mil Trad is learned so both issues can be discussed and polled.
trades: no good trades possible. No good trades in the foresee-able future either.
Personal note: protect the warrior "Clubbings 'R us" (next to the city of Mr Roboto) at all cost; I named him :D
May 24, 2005, 06:15 PM
City Foundings: Continue to build and pack cities up north and in very corrupt regions. Make sure all settlers are escorted if they are going up north since it is a war zone.
May 24, 2005, 10:18 PM
Instructions CoAF for TC Wednesday May 25, 12:00 GMT
The DP is allowed to deviate from these instructions if that is necessary for the defense of Fanatannia.
Primary objective is to take and keep Nanking (French).
On the present turn: use the horse from Tsingtao to kill the French archer next to Shanghai. Move the army to Tsingtao to heal. (If you are absolutely certain that the army will not be selected as defender in Shanghai, then you may leave it there. I am not sure if the game always selects the unit showing on top as defender.) Leave the other forces in Shanghai. Move 2 cats, a musket, a horse, a knight and an MDI from Ratopia to the front. (Cats can be used to soften up any crusaders).
Attack and take Nanking at the earliest convenient moment. A fully healed army plus some support (1-2 knights/elite horses) should be enough. Nanking is somewhere east of Shanghai. I suggest to move a spear from Strider to Ratopia, and then a pike fom Ratopia to the Tsingtao-Shanghai-Nanking (TSN) region.
After taking Nanking, we'll fight a holding action there. Move the army towards Murcia if the TSN region seems safe without it. If necessary, move one or two extra knights to TSN and then remove the army.
Secondary objective is to raze Murcia and take and keep Valencia (Spanish). This objective should not be pursued inmediately, we need more troops in the region first. I would also prefer to wait for cavs.
Initially, use the units present in the region to fend off Spanish attackers. Add the two catapults from Ratopia to this force.
Take Murcia when you have sufficient forces available to do so. I estimate a minimum of 7 MDI's/Knights, or 5 cavs (assuming 2 vet pike defenders, all vet attackers, this has more than 95% success probability). I guesstimate the army would be equivalent to about 4 knights, or 2 to 3 cavs.
After that, take Valencia. It's on a hill, so it needs a larger force. With the same assumptions, I estimate we need 9 knights/MDI, or 6 cavs.
Home defense: Kill those would-be marines as soon as they land on our shores. Well, you know the drill by now :).
Upgrades: please upgrade the horse currently in Tsingtao for 120 gold at a convenient moment. Upgrade the other two horses if you think it necessary, otherwise I would prefer to keep them for leader fishing. When we learn cavalry, upgrade all veteran knights to cavalry at the earliest convenient moment. Cost: 30 gold per unit.
Build requests: I'll post them here as both governors seem to be AWOL. Please construct at least 10 new knights (or cavalries) in the next 10 turns, plus replacements for any lost knights in this period. No other unit types are needed.
May 25, 2005, 12:33 PM
Chat has Started
We have made Peace with Portugal
Turn 0 - 590 AD (http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/DG6_AD0590_Turn0.sav)
We have captured Nanking (now Cengdiz) and are starting to move our Army to go for Mercia.
Turn 5 - 640 AD (http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/DG6_AD0640_Turn5.sav)
We capture Mercia and raze it to the ground! our research is going well and we discover the secrets of Military Tradition! We start on Astronomy, but the Byzantines and Mayans have this already. So do we want to research it now, or try and get it in Peace, or buy it? Music Theory is also known to these 2 Civs, plus Persia and France!
Turn 10 - 690 AD (http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/DG6_AD0690_Turn10.sav)