View Full Version : Civilopedia building entries

Takfloyd
Jun 14, 2005, 07:39 AM
In the Conquests editor(Perhaps in the regular one too)
you select the Civilopedia entry for buildings from a drop-down list.
How do you add on entries there? I put in new entries in the Civilopedia text
file, and also in the pediaicons file(Just in case), but they don' t show up
in the editor. I think there' s some prebuilt list in there, for whwn I erased whole entries from the text file, they were still listed in the drop-down list.
Do I just have to edit existing entries, or is there a way to add on more?
Help!

Varlin Saliptor
Jun 14, 2005, 08:46 AM
That is a Conquests only thing. I have not yet tried to add buildings to my mod yet, but I know what you are talking about. I know there is a way around it, but i can't remember it right now.

Willem
Jun 14, 2005, 09:34 PM
Did you reload your editor after adding the entries? It won't automatically update itself, you have to restart it. It should work by adding an entry in the appropriate area of the pediaicons if you do that.

Plotinus
Jun 15, 2005, 03:25 AM
Putting new entries in the PediaIcons file is the way to do it. Since you say you've done that I'm not sure what the problem can be, but it's something to do with that. Maybe you've not used the right format - BLDG_Thing - or perhaps you just didn't save the altered file (I forget to do that all the time).

As for why the ways of entering entries and icons is completely different for buildings and units - that's just one of the great mysteries of life!