View Full Version : myth unit concept art

Kyriakos
Jun 28, 2005, 10:03 AM
Actually these are some civ2 units i made, but perhaps they can be used as concept art for civ3 units :)

The minotaur unit is close to a civ3 minotaur made recently (not very close, but that mino also carries an axe)

the units are:

1) 'careful with that axe' Eugene the minotaur
2) catapult Polyphemos (cyclops)
3) the great god Pan!
3) centaurcher (ok, sorry)

Also do you think it would be a good idea to use unit-style graphics as resources? (they are of the right size)

:)

John_Deere
Jun 28, 2005, 10:09 AM
Looks good...interesting.

Anarki
Jun 28, 2005, 11:55 AM
I'd say pointless and boring...

Kyriakos
Jun 28, 2005, 03:35 PM

sorry anarki, perhaps you will like this 'anarki' more

Risbinroch
Jun 28, 2005, 03:40 PM

To you perhaps, but not to all. I'm not into fantasy myself, but there are alot of people interested in that stuff.

And boring? What's boring about it? There are quite alot of unit around here I don't use for several reasons, but most because they don't fit in to a normal game, nevertheless, there are some really beautiful (spellig) out there? One of the best units I can recall is a unit I don't use, some kind of lizard king beeing carried around by little lizards... (if I remember correctly)

BTW, I believe Kinboat has made a Centaur Varwnos, but you might know that.

And I believe they could work well as resources, you need a Centaur (!) to make a certain wonder etc... It could then produce Kinboats Centaur every X number of turns.

Kyriakos
Jun 28, 2005, 03:48 PM
Hi Risbinroch :) Yes, Kinboat made the minotaur as well, it is here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=89263&page=1

btw very nice ancient pikeman ;)

Anarki
Jun 28, 2005, 04:10 PM
Actually, that stick figure did look more interesting. Also, no one needs to explain why other People might find this kind of Crap interesting, I'm just stating I don't.

Bjornlo
Jun 28, 2005, 05:38 PM
@Varwnos: Interesting idea. Clever way to implement myth based units.

@Anarki, can't you at least try to be civilized?

tjedge1
Jun 28, 2005, 06:37 PM
This is interesting to me. Fantasy Empires mod used this method to build non-human units or special units. I was planning to do the same when I start on FE II. I wouldn't mind these at all because I'm brainstorming an idea for having lots of strategic and luxury resources with no bonus. Still thinking about this, but that's off-topic. Basically I like the idea of using these as resources and I will be using these. Thank you.