View Full Version : Moo2 Editor?

sourboy
Jul 21, 2005, 01:49 PM
Is there an editor for the game?

I heard once that you could change the race stats, but I've never found such a program. I wouldn't mind changing the pics, though I'm guessing that's hard-coded.

Anyway, any utility program would be of interest to me - thanks!

vmxa
Jul 22, 2005, 09:08 AM
Lots of editors Zoetrope has them all, but I am not sure of the site. Go to Apolyton to find it.

Matrix
Jul 22, 2005, 09:34 AM
Could be fun to make it a Star Trek game. :p

sourboy
Jul 23, 2005, 03:15 PM
I found his ftp database by google, but there is no description of the numerous zip files. I grabbed the 'Meltpot' file, so hopefully this will do what I need, but I was hoping to change pics as well.

sourboy
Jul 23, 2005, 04:52 PM
Okay, so MeltPot works, but then the game gets an error saying it cannot find all the files. MeltPot edits .rac files (races), or rather that's the first thing I attempted, but the default files do not seek these - so something's off here. There is an INI file that defines race1=*.rac, etc, but again, the default files don't...

So I googled up several other programs, but all modify saved game files. What's the point? Then you know who's in the game and where they are!

May be hopeless, but I thought it'd have been nice to tweak a few minor details that were flawed or biased. Which reminds me - I did find a 1.32 & 1.33 beta patch, but both were removed, and still had some bugs. I believe that community migrated to ...fix...Moo3.

The main game is still good, so I'll just keep playing that. Thanks for assistance.