View Full Version : Augean Stables Wonder Poll

greekguy
Sep 22, 2005, 07:11 PM
this poll will be to decide if you, the people, want the Augean Stables to be home to the Knight's Templar. though this wonder is a quite far down the road, it never hurts to have long term planning. if we build Knight's Templar, than the Augean Stables will be able to train powerful Crusaders to fight for Fanatikos every few decades or so. of course, lots of production time will go in to the effort, postponing training of other units.

Poll is open for 3 days. Yes, No, and Abstain are your options.

Discussion Thread (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=128850)

I also encourage other governors to post polls for wonder builds suggested for their cities in that above thread.

Civlord
Sep 22, 2005, 07:19 PM
I would go more for the Hanging Gardens there.

Provolution
Sep 22, 2005, 08:06 PM
I would go more for THEIR Hanging Gardens with OUR Knights Templar....

Icmancin
Sep 23, 2005, 05:23 AM
We need some kind of Unit-producing wonder and the Templar is the only one we can get. The Crusaders are stronger than knights and are auto-produce meaning that we can lower our manual unit building. PLus the Wonder is quite cheap.

Donovan Zoi
Sep 23, 2005, 10:02 AM
The Knights Templar only makes sense coming out of the Stables. As long as all city needs are met, I could easily get behind this project.

ravensfire
Sep 23, 2005, 10:08 AM
Good idea, well-handled by the Governor.

You've got my vote!

-- Ravensfire

Gerikes
Sep 23, 2005, 12:15 PM
this poll will be to decide if you, the people, want the Augean Stables to be home to the Knight's Templar.

Well yes, I would like all our cities to be home to as many wonders as possible. Of course, this isn't feasable. The Stables has a very limited production capability, and so I'd like to see what plans would be made to make sure that at the groundbreaking the Stables would be ready for such a commitment. As such, I will vote yes, but only to get city officials to begin planning, not to start producing right away. Such things as:

- How the city will plan to get max output (temporary growth time, followed by a swith to production?).
- Targets for how large and/or productive the city will be when the Wonder is started.
- Any thoughts of prebuilds? Provolution talked about this in his post in the discussion thread, but Vikingruler later replied that a large pre-build would hurt our Military output during the pre-build and eventual wonder build.

Finally, those lost units might be made up 25 turns after the completion, but I don't think that an enemy who wishes to start war is going to take this thought into consideration. They're looking at what we have now, and I don't believe that we would like to be in a war when one of our outskirt cities that has a barracks building a wonder.

DaveShack
Sep 23, 2005, 12:21 PM
I think it's a good idea but agree also that it's an awfully tall hill to climb at this point. If we can afford the production loss up front, I'd say start on a prebuild as soon as we can afford it, to maximize the number of turns that free units (in shield terms) are in production. If we wait until Chivalry is available to start it, very few Templars will be built before the wonder becomes obsolete.

That said, diverting production is somewhat risky. I hope we don't get partway through a prebuild and discover that we desperately needed something else to be built.

greekguy
Sep 23, 2005, 01:43 PM
Well yes, I would like all our cities to be home to as many wonders as possible. Of course, this isn't feasable. The Stables has a very limited production capability, and so I'd like to see what plans would be made to make sure that at the groundbreaking the Stables would be ready for such a commitment. As such, I will vote yes, but only to get city officials to begin planning, not to start producing right away. Such things as:

- How the city will plan to get max output (temporary growth time, followed by a swith to production?).
- Targets for how large and/or productive the city will be when the Wonder is started.
- Any thoughts of prebuilds? Provolution talked about this in his post in the discussion thread, but Vikingruler later replied that a large pre-build would hurt our Military output during the pre-build and eventual wonder build.

Finally, those lost units might be made up 25 turns after the completion, but I don't think that an enemy who wishes to start war is going to take this thought into consideration. They're looking at what we have now, and I don't believe that we would like to be in a war when one of our outskirt cities that has a barracks building a wonder.

Well, I don't see any reason to start building untill after the formation of a Republican Government in Fanatikos. This will allow more worker freedom and production will greatly increase. This will help build this Wonder considerably. Also, I will request our great President to allocate a worker team or two to do some more mining.

I would like for this project to be completed this term, as I would like to oversee the construction process. But there is a chance we won't start construction until next term.