View Full Version : HELP!DELL DIMENSION 300 NEED HELP With video card

TOMMYBOY75
Oct 26, 2005, 07:00 PM
OK before i beging lets just say im hopeless with computers i bought a dell dimension 300 or 3000 whatever it is(i only use comp for surfing web and civilization ,sim city etc i went to the srtest site and i passed with flying colors except for this goddamn video card because i dont have this transform and lighting thing on my video card so now i know i need to upgrade my videocard to play but here is my question(s) 1st of all where does this thing go when i get it? ive seen pictures of videocards online and i just dont see where it goes on my comp(can the videocard on a dell dimension be upgraded?)2nd what is the absolute cheapest card i can get? i saw one for 60$ at best buy it was a geforce 4000 will this work?please help computer experts im at my wits end i took the day off hoping to civ all day now im lost

fatal0e
Oct 26, 2005, 09:22 PM
You do not have an AGP or a PCIe slot in that computer so you will have to buy a PCI card, it sux but is your only option for that computer. You cant really find expensive cards for it, just find the biggest thing you can.

Tugger
Oct 26, 2005, 09:24 PM
Is a PCI card an attachment on the outside of the CPU ?

oliana
Oct 26, 2005, 10:34 PM
A PCI card does go inside the computer box. :)

I'm not sure how you get anything inside the CPU.:confused: It's pretty small. You'd need tweezers or something.

Tugger
Oct 26, 2005, 10:47 PM
What can I say I have small hands