View Full Version : Running out of hair to rip from my head

King Flevance
Oct 27, 2005, 09:40 PM
ATI Card issue....

OK, I am running a desktop 2.7Ghz P4, 760M ram, with the ATI All-in-Wonder 128M vid card. (No AGP so my ancient butt is stuck with low grade PCI cards) According to these reqs things should be working.
Here is a brief discription of my issues:

After finally getting it to install and play, I run into an extremely dark environment, crawling gameplay, and Leaders are floating eyeballs and a set of chatter teeth. I check the options and eeverything seems normal, (no downgrades and such; I even took them down a notch to see if it would help and I saw no change)

I know CIV 4 is having ATI problems as its all over forums right now. I have tried a few solutions including the one that includes Pakbuilder that seems to have worked for everyone under the sun except me. I know I am pouting but Sid Meier just ripped me off IMO. It seemed odd that Civ 3 came out years after 2 and 4 pops out right after 3.

I dont want to gripe really, I just wanna play this game I payed almost 60 bucks for. If anyone has any information as to what I can try it would be apprecited every little bit helps and I am out of ideas and suggestions now. I have been working on this all day and still cant play and tired of having to do what firaxis should have done before release...troubleshooting.

general_kill
Oct 27, 2005, 09:49 PM
ATI Card issue....

OK, I am running a desktop 2.7Ghz P4, 760M ram, with the ATI All-in-Wonder 128M vid card. (No AGP so my ancient butt is stuck with low grade PCI cards) According to these reqs things should be working.
Here is a brief discription of my issues:

After finally getting it to install and play, I run into an extremely dark environment, crawling gameplay, and Leaders are floating eyeballs and a set of chatter teeth. I check the options and eeverything seems normal, (no downgrades and such; I even took them down a notch to see if it would help and I saw no change)

I know CIV 4 is having ATI problems as its all over forums right now. I have tried a few solutions including the one that includes Pakbuilder that seems to have worked for everyone under the sun except me. I know I am pouting but Sid Meier just ripped me off IMO. It seemed odd that Civ 3 came out years after 2 and 4 pops out right after 3.

I dont want to gripe really, I just wanna play this game I payed almost 60 bucks for. If anyone has any information as to what I can try it would be apprecited every little bit helps and I am out of ideas and suggestions now. I have been working on this all day and still cant play and tired of having to do what firaxis should have done before release...troubleshooting.

I have good news, I just saved a bunch of money by switching... oh never mind.

Dude, civ 4 did not "pop out" right after 3, civ 3 was released 4 years ago. I'd say just wait for the patch or spend money on NVIDIA.

King Flevance
Oct 27, 2005, 09:52 PM
Maybe it just seems that way. I will admit that.
Through surfing thru the forums, it seems this is a well known problem with alot of people. I have the chesire cat/ dark terrain problem as well. Hopefully they release something on this.

Knight-Dragon
Oct 27, 2005, 10:22 PM
Moved to CIV Technical. :)