View Full Version : Please Help

DeathsHead
Oct 27, 2005, 11:09 PM
Im running an ATI Radeon 9550 128meg vid card, 1.5 gig Athlon processor, 512 meg ram.

Had the rendering issue.

Ive tried all fixes so far. Reinstall game and vid drivers, etc.

I ran the firaxis utility with the Art file, following the instructions.
Now instead of getting the rendering issue, the launcher just disappears ( crashes?? ).
Have since reinstalled the most recent ATI drivers again. No dice.

In todays celebrated fix it says to move the file out of the assets folder but does not say where to move it to. Could this be my problem?

Someone suggested removing the card altogether but thats not an option for me ( no "old" card to put in ).

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

ainwood
Oct 27, 2005, 11:19 PM
What OS are you running? If its win2000, then the posted fix doesn't work, but there will hopefully be on 'real soon' (next day or two).

DeathsHead
Oct 27, 2005, 11:21 PM
Sorry forgot, Im running XP, service pack 2. :blush:

ainwood
Oct 27, 2005, 11:24 PM
Does your system have an integrated graphics processor by any chance? The suggestion to uninstall the card is to try and get windows to hard-reset on the card autodetect. If you have an on-board graphics card, then you could try that.

If that doesn't help, you could always uninstall the existing video drivers, then go via device manager in the control panel and uninstall your video card. Reboot, and it should reinstall again. I really don't know if it will help, but it might be worth trying. :(