View Full Version : Will it run on Windows ME?

eersnherd
Oct 29, 2005, 07:41 PM
Hello all,

I love the site you have here, almost as much as I love Civilization. :D

Unfortunately for me, my computer is several years old, but I am able to successfully run Pirates and Total War: Rome, albeit with some of the graphics turned down a notch. I was wondering if anyone has tried to get CIV IV to run on Windows ME. I know the requirements say 2000/XP, but you never know! I would hate to have to miss out on this game for a few months, but I don't have any intentions on changing my operating system until I upgrade.....when I actually have some money again.

Thanks!

Pounder
Oct 29, 2005, 07:49 PM
Welcome to CFC.

I have Windows 98.

I just finished my first game and have started a second, no major issues. Windows level is not an issue, they say that they do not support the older versions of Windows, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Memory and graphics cards seem to be the issues people are having, make sure your graphics card supports T&L.

alexti2
Oct 29, 2005, 10:40 PM
I'm running it on Win98SE and no major problems.

Btw, careful examination of the retail box shows that Win2K/XP is not listed as requirements. They've carefully moved "supported operating system" out of the system requirements. I assume that means that they will not support other OS, but they don't claim that you're required to have Win2K/XP.