View Full Version : Turkish MOD - Turks as a playable civilization

Tunch Khan
Nov 01, 2005, 10:09 AM
DOWNLAD THE UPDATED Turkish MOD (www.intristin.net/mods/uploads/turkishmod.zip).

# Turkish Mod v.1.3
# Civilization 4 (c) 2005 Firaxis Games
# Created by - Tunch (Khan) Tuncer

Turkish Mod v.1.3 (05/16/2006)
Features:

- Hurrem Sultan added as new leader
- New cities added
- Sipahi is now cheaper, faster but not as strong, has a bonus on city attack
- Entries in French, German, Italian and Spanish added for Turkish Civ in text files (credit for Italian goes to Antonio - AKA Conquestador)
- Turkish flag tweaked

Turkish Mod v.1.2 (12/30/2005)
Features:

- Sipahi UU graphic added (beautiful skin made available by krowtrobot from CivFanatics)
- Sipahi is now in the "Knight" subgroup instead of "Horse Archer"

Turkish Mod v.1.1(11/22/2005)
Features:

- Unit Select sounds in Turkish
- Unit Order sounds in Turkish
- Diplo Music for all three leaders:
- Mehmed_II_Early.mp3 which is also the default diplo music for early, classical and medieval ages is Classical Mehter Band theme;
- Mehmed_II_Late.mp3 is edited version of Istanbul (Not Constantinople) ;
- Suleyman_Late.mp3 is edited version of Istanbul Opening (soundtrack/Midnight Express,1978), which would be more realistic if Suleiman was in rule;
- Ataturk_Late.mp3 is Rondo Ala Turca for late game with Ataturk as leader, which suits well with the modernization reforms and such;
- Turkey_Intro.mp3 is pieces of sounds edited from Istanbul (Levent Yuksel) and is the default for Turkish diplo screen.

Turkish Mod v.1.0 (11/03/2005)
Features:

- Turkish Civilization added as 19th civilization
- Turkish cities added
- Three new leaders, Mehmed II, Suleyman and Ataturk are available with their own traits.
- Turkish UU Sipahi is introduced, they use Horse Archer graphics and Keshik button, requires feudalism, upgradable to cavalry
- Turkish flag is added
- Turkish flag as a button added
- Civilopedia entries for Turkey and Sipahi added
- Civilopedia entries for Turkish leaders added
- Static LeaderHeads and buttons added for new leaders.
- A new color Crimson is added, however needs further adjustment and tweaking as it looks very much like regular red
- Turkish starting techs are added as Hunting and Mining
- This mod is only for English version as Civilopedia entries for other four languages have been cut to save uploading space
- This mod is compatible with low's Gigantic Map Option Mod if you overwrite these files on top of Gigantic Map Option Mod.
- This version (v.1.0) replaces the beta version (v.01b) and will overwrite the altered files.

Installation:

- Extract the zip file into <C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods>
- Delete the cache file from C:\Documents and Settings\COMPUTER_USER_NAME\Application Data\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\cache
- Run the game from ADVANCED > LOAD A MOD > Turkish MOD
- Overwriting existing game files does not delete or corrupt original files.

Please enjoy this version while the mod is still being improved;
and please contact me with feedback and your suggestions at:

cruist22@yahoo.com or cruist22 at aim. You can also post your comments on this (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=3249489#post3249489) thread in Creation and Customization section.

Cheers
Tunch Khan

Crash757
Nov 01, 2005, 11:07 AM
No new graphics ? :confused: Is this a joke ? :sad:

Lormax
Nov 01, 2005, 11:48 AM

Until you contribute something, how 'bout you stfu? At least this person has taken the time to try and give something to the community.

Uty
Nov 01, 2005, 12:03 PM
I agree. Bashing people's work is lame, especially if you havn't done anything better. This is also a beta.

Thanks for the MOD.

CyberTyrant
Nov 01, 2005, 12:13 PM
It's also lame because the game hasn't even been out a week. Nobody is going to have new leaders made in this short of time.

Loppan Torkel
Nov 01, 2005, 12:19 PM
I don't have the game yet, but it's nice to see mods coming already :goodjob: , and that it's possible to add civs to the already existing without cutting another.

It would be interesting to see what traits the leaders were given and what the Sipahi does - strength, abilities etc...

Depravo
Nov 01, 2005, 12:29 PM
D/led in anticipation of the game :) Thank you.

jpinard
Nov 01, 2005, 12:32 PM

I'm continually amazed at the utter ignorance of some people :mad:

Isak
Nov 01, 2005, 01:35 PM
Yeah, very cool. :goodjob: The Turks top my "Favorite Left-out-of-Civ4 Civilizations" list, so it's nice to know they're being worked on. Will test as soon as I get the game on friday.

Sipahi look a bit strong, though of course expensive. Will be interesting to see how that plays out. :)

Rirse
Nov 01, 2005, 02:31 PM
Good job Tunch on getting the first playable country avaiable. By the way, wouldn't Ottoman Empire be a better name for the Turks, since that what was their name back in CIV3. But it your mod, so do whatever you want.

Crash757
Nov 01, 2005, 02:44 PM
It's also lame because the game hasn't even been out a week. Nobody is going to have new leaders made in this short of time.
There was 14 leaderheads done for Civ4 by CivArmy. But in this mod there are no new leaderheads, no new units, no new graphics... :rolleyes:

Neomega
Nov 01, 2005, 03:04 PM
There was 14 leaderheads done for Civ4 by CivArmy. But in this mod there are no new leaderheads, no new units, no new graphics... :rolleyes:

No there wasn't... you did not read his thread close enough. Nobody in the modding community really knows how to make leaderheads or units yet.

CyberTyrant
Nov 01, 2005, 03:13 PM
No there wasn't... you did not read his thread close enough. Nobody in the modding community really knows how to make leaderheads or units yet.

I was just going to say the same thing. Crash needs to go back and read that thread apparently.

Depravo
Nov 01, 2005, 04:08 PM
Good job Tunch on getting the first playable country avaiable. By the way, wouldn't Ottoman Empire be a better name for the Turks, since that what was their name back in CIV3. But it your mod, so do whatever you want.

No. Tunch is right, C3C was wrong... calling the Turkish civilisation 'Ottoman' would be like calling the English civ 'Tudor'. Ottoman is the dynasty, Turkish is the culture. And you wouldn't want your liberal democratic Turkish civ named after the imperial house.

JDexter
Nov 01, 2005, 05:30 PM
Nice job! Will be even better once the graphics are added, but don't worry about it too much. ;)

Will test right away.

apatheist
Nov 01, 2005, 05:38 PM
No. Tunch is right, C3C was wrong... calling the Turkish civilisation 'Ottoman' would be like calling the English civ 'Tudor'. Ottoman is the dynasty, Turkish is the culture. And you wouldn't want liberal democratic Turkish civ named after the imperial house.

Surely then one of the leader choices should be a Seljuk like Togrul or Malik Shah.

Isak
Nov 01, 2005, 05:38 PM
If someone can find good images of Suleyman and Mehmed II, I can make some 'placeholder' static Leaderhead files, until the real artists come along. :)

SuperSloth
Nov 01, 2005, 06:35 PM
ive only had this game for 72 hours and mods are comming out already? wow, keep up the good work.

CrazyMrLeo
Nov 01, 2005, 07:18 PM
Well done.

Greek Plunder
Nov 01, 2005, 08:26 PM
No. Tunch is right, C3C was wrong... calling the Turkish civilisation 'Ottoman' would be like calling the English civ 'Tudor'. Ottoman is the dynasty, Turkish is the culture. And you wouldn't want your liberal democratic Turkish civ named after the imperial house.

I agree. I don't want a Chinese civilization named after a specific Chinese dynasty, I want it being called the Chinese.

tcwleblanc
Nov 01, 2005, 09:18 PM
amazing, great fast work. keep it up!

Mr. Will
Nov 01, 2005, 10:44 PM
It's really nice that people are already creating for Civ4. I've been away from the Civ world for quite a while but Civ4 had brought me back. Sorry for the responsibilities I've neglected since.

Please don't criticize people for lacking graphics this close to launch. It's just dumb.

However, if any graphics do come out, an updated version would certainly be welcomed, the Turks are also one of my favorite missing civs.

Thanks!

BTW, can you add religions in this?

RabidMonkeyMan
Nov 01, 2005, 11:29 PM
thanks man, i didnt actually use your mod yet, but it helped me in my own, i couldnt figure out why my new flags werent displaying properly, but with your files as a reference i got it right! your a genious! :)

RabidMonkeyMan
Nov 01, 2005, 11:30 PM
bah, it told me i wasnt logged in which made me make a double post

Crash757
Nov 02, 2005, 01:21 AM
If someone can find good images of Suleyman and Mehmed II, I can make some 'placeholder' static Leaderhead files, until the real artists come along. :)
That would be better ;)

Tunch Khan
Nov 02, 2005, 02:48 AM
If someone can find good images of Suleyman and Mehmed II, I can make some 'placeholder' static Leaderhead files, until the real artists come along. :) Right now I'm counting on Civ Army's leaderheads and seeing how that turns out otherwise I'd love to have static leaderheads at least for the right feeling. Both Mehmed II and Suleyman I have great portraits.

MEHMED II
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8f/FatihSultanMehmet.jpg

SULEYMAN I THE MAGNIFICENT
http://www.paradoxplace.com/Insights/Topkapi/Ottoman%20Images/Titians%20Suleiman%20R.jpg

spincrus
Nov 02, 2005, 08:45 AM
One leader should be Suleiman the Magnificent, and the other Mustafa Kemal Ataturk.

One would represent the medieval and post-renaissance eras, and one the modern face of Turkey.

As much as I'd love to have some of the Seljuk leaders in there too, I think it's a better call to have these two as the leaders for now.

(And I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE that Firaxis has ONCE AGAIN left the Turks out of the game!)

Tunch Khan
Nov 02, 2005, 05:16 PM
One leader should be Suleiman the Magnificent, and the other Mustafa Kemal Ataturk.

One would represent the medieval and post-renaissance eras, and one the modern face of Turkey.

As much as I'd love to have some of the Seljuk leaders in there too, I think it's a better call to have these two as the leaders for now.

(And I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE that Firaxis has ONCE AGAIN left the Turks out of the game!) You give me the leaderheads, and i'll even mod Ibrahim, the Crazy into the game. :crazyeye: I was counting on Civ Army.1984's work on these leaders, but until then, some static placeholders should be fine as well.

http://www.tourismturkey.org/regions/central/images/ataturk.gif

http://www.argeus.net/images/ataturk.jpg

http://www.nw.com.au/~haluk/ataturk.gif

Greek Plunder
Nov 02, 2005, 05:20 PM
I prefer static leader heads to poorly made animated ones anyday. I dunno about anyone else, but I just couldn't stomache the user made animated leader heads from Civ 3 (no offence to those who put hard work into them!)

apatheist
Nov 02, 2005, 06:39 PM
I agree. I don't want a Chinese civilization named after a specific Chinese dynasty, I want it being called the Chinese.

You mean like how Westerners call the nation China after the Qin (pronounced "chin") dynasty?

Crash757
Nov 03, 2005, 01:13 AM
I prefer static leader heads to poorly made animated ones anyday. I dunno about anyone else, but I just couldn't stomache the user made animated leader heads from Civ 3 (no offence to those who put hard work into them!)
CivArmy's leaderheads are usually pretty good, i don't see any problems with them. Maybe give some constructive criticism, so he can make 'em better, not just criticise for nothing :rolleyes:

Tunch Khan
Nov 03, 2005, 05:15 AM
Updated the MOD with the new version after adding Static leaderheads and Ataturk as a thid leader. You can download the new version from the first post on this thread. For those who prefer the 3-D graphics of Geghiz and Saladin instead of Static ones, the old beta version will still be available in the attachment on this post. Thank you very much for all the feedback and comments and please keep them coming as you enjoy the Mod. I am still going to work on diplo scripts, other aspects and eventually add 3-D graphics as soon as they become available. Once everything is polished, I might try adding a few other civs as well depending on the progress of other modding projects in this forum. Cheers.:cool:

Fëanor
Nov 03, 2005, 05:53 AM

I totally disagree, the Ottoman Empire is one thing and the Republic of Turkey is a completely different thing

I dont have a clue of why you think 'Ottoman' was a dynasty, the Ottoman Empire was ruled by the Osmanli Dynasty.

Under this logic you could put Mussolini as a leader of the roman empire, Saddam as a leader of the (if ever created) Babylonian empire and Khomeini as a Leader of the Persians :rotfl:!

Nice work by the way!

Tunch Khan
Nov 03, 2005, 06:26 AM
I totally disagree, the Ottoman Empire is one thing and the Republic of Turkey is a completely different thing

I dont have a clue of why you think 'Ottoman' was a dynasty, the Ottoman Empire was ruled by the Osmanli Dynasty.

Under this logic you could put Mussolini as a leader of the roman empire, Saddam as a leader of the (if ever created) Babylonian empire and Khomeini as a Leader of the Persians :rotfl:!

Nice work by the way! Thanks for the comments. :) On a side note tho; Ottoman is the English word for Osmanli. Turks have always called their ancient state as Osmanli Imparatorlugu (Empire). Ottomans were a dynasty, named after their founder Osman I (Othman in English).

It is true that Ottomans (as we call for short) were more of a multi ethnic and multi religious empire, however, Osman's family was a member of Kayi Tribe, a branch of Oghuz Turks (Western Turks). Seljuks and Safavids of Perisa were also names of other Oghuz Turk dynasties. Azeri's too are Oghuz turks (as well as Avsars), but their names come from the land they have settled. Mameluks of Egypt are another Turkish class of rulers, but I'm not clear on their specific tribe. Contrary to the common belief that they were Mongols, Mughals of India were also another Turkish speaking family that ruled northern India for centuries. (Babur thought it would be cooler to trace his ancestry to Genghiz Khan like his ancestor Tamerlane (Timur Lenk), as they were not at best terms with Ottomans since the Battle of Ankara, 1402)

It is for these reasons that I have modded Turks instead of Ottomans, as Turks are a larger family of peoples while Ottomans are only one of the states that they have founded. Timur (which means Iron in Turkish and refers to Timur - Lenk, victor of Ankara Battle) is still a popular name in modern Turkish Republic, as well as Alparslan (Seljuk victor of Manzikert), Selcuk, Fatih (nickname of Mehmed II, meaning conqueror) and Yildirim (nickname of Bayezid I, looser of the Battle of Ankara, translates into thunderbolt).

Depravo
Nov 03, 2005, 10:31 AM

Obviously, which is why it's stupid to name the civ in such a way as to tie it to a single period of Turkish history.

Aye, but the word 'Ottoman' comes from the same root. I would have mentioned this if I'd thought there was any chance someone would not realise what I was getting at.

Crayton
Nov 03, 2005, 04:01 PM
Could you add Tamerlane as a leader. For sure, this would portray that these are not just Ottoman Turks. Babur is another good choice, although I do see him more as an Indian Leader (for obvious reasons). Tamerlane and Suleiman are my favorites.

snepp
Nov 03, 2005, 04:54 PM
Maybe give some constructive criticism, so he can make 'em better, not just criticise for nothing :rolleyes:

Wow, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. :rolleyes:

To the op, thanks for the mod, plan on playing a game with them tonight.

Dark Khan
Nov 04, 2005, 04:25 AM
Could you add Tamerlane as a leader. For sure, this would portray that these are not just Ottoman Turks. Babur is another good choice, although I do see him more as an Indian Leader (for obvious reasons). Tamerlane and Suleiman are my favorites.
I agree Tamerlane can be a good choice for Turks.He made an enormous empire if the angel of dead did't visit him probably he would conquer China

Fëanor
Nov 04, 2005, 05:38 AM
Obviously, which is why it's stupid to name the civ in such a way as to tie it to a single period of Turkish history.

well IMHO (and with no offense meant to the creator) its stupid to label an ethnicity as a civilization and use leaders of other civilizations as their leaders....

By the way, if you unpak the Art0.pak file there is an unit called the Companion Cavalry (\art\units\scenario\companion_cavalry) that might make a good and thruly unique unit (since its not in the standard game).

Martinus
Nov 04, 2005, 07:17 AM
Uhm, didn't Tamerlane invade Turkey and capture the Turkish Sultan? Adding him as the leader of Turks would be an equivalent of making Alexander of Macedon the leader of Persia.

Tunch Khan
Nov 04, 2005, 07:46 AM
Uhm, didn't Tamerlane invade Turkey and capture the Turkish Sultan? Adding him as the leader of Turks would be an equivalent of making Alexander of Macedon the leader of Persia. Both Bayezid and Timur were exchanging letters in Turkish language. They are both Turkish. It's confusing to some people but Turks had more than one empire at the same time. Ottomans, Mameluks, Safavids, Timurids etc and they didn't get along well. The civilization is the Turkish Civilization, and the empires are by products; dynasties. Ottomans are only one of the many (16 in a classical reference) states founded by Turks. If we name Ottomans distinct from Turks, then Turkish Republic would be a seperate civilization, which doesn't make sense.
And I am not borrowing leaders from any other civilization, all of them are Turkish and fit into the definition. Darius and Alexander were never sharing a common culture, let aside language.

Tunch Khan
Nov 04, 2005, 07:47 AM
... By the way, if you unpak the Art0.pak file there is an unit called the Companion Cavalry (\art\units\scenario\companion_cavalry) that might make a good and thruly unique unit (since its not in the standard game).
Will soon check on that one. Thanks for bringing it up.

spincrus
Nov 04, 2005, 08:35 AM
I have found the leaderhead of Inonu in the Desert Wars mod. I don't know if anyone brought that up yet, but it came to my attention. I'd really want to see Ataturk as the modern Turkish leader, but Inonu is the best shot we can have now.

Crash757
Nov 04, 2005, 10:01 AM
TK, what music will u use for turkish diplomacy screen ? :)

jkp1187
Nov 04, 2005, 10:29 AM
TK, what music will u use for turkish diplomacy screen ? :)

Mozart, Rondo Alla Turca? :lol: http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=108

This is a great mod! Thanks, Khan!

Tunch Khan
Nov 04, 2005, 02:12 PM
I have found the leaderhead of Inonu in the Desert Wars mod. I don't know if anyone brought that up yet, but it came to my attention. I'd really want to see Ataturk as the modern Turkish leader, but Inonu is the best shot we can have now. Ataturk IS already one of the three leaders I provided with static leaderheads. You didn't download the latest version in the first post?

Tunch Khan
Nov 04, 2005, 02:13 PM
Mozart, Rondo Alla Turca? :lol: http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=108

This is a great mod! Thanks, Khan! What would you suggest for earlier periods? Of course I have Mehter in my mind (Janissary Band) but I was afraid it would take up a lot of space. Now that you have put it in my head, i won't stop until i arrange that :)

jimkirk
Nov 05, 2005, 03:35 PM
i hope the modding community figure out easy methods of installing the mods

Dracleath
Nov 05, 2005, 05:18 PM
I just looked at the companion in game, it's an awesome unit, it has very greek looking armor though, maybe we should ask one of the skinners that'
s already doing skins to do a more turkish looking chainmail outfit?

Tunch Khan
Nov 05, 2005, 05:31 PM
Yes asking for a skin doesn't hurt :) I'll start working on that as soon as I'm done with voice overs. I have already finished adding 'mehter', the janissary band music to the diplo screen, but need to improve sound quality on unit select and order voices.

Tunch Khan
Nov 05, 2005, 05:32 PM
i hope the modding community figure out easy methods of installing the mods Is there a certain program you would recommend?

Dracleath
Nov 05, 2005, 07:47 PM
Here's an example of the companion I mentioned. Too greek perhaps now, but imagine him with a chain shirt, a brown helmet, and brown pants.

Tunch Khan
Nov 05, 2005, 08:24 PM
Here's an example of the companion I mentioned. Too greek perhaps now, but imagine him with a chain shirt, a brown helmet, and brown pants. Yes, i've seen them already, they are real cool looking and as you suggested would look even better in chain mail and chain leggings with metallic grey helmet.

K-HAN
Nov 06, 2005, 04:57 AM
Its really good for me.Because i am a turk so i wanna play with my civilization.Ottomans or Tuks are not problem for us.Because we are modern face of Ottomans.Turkey is continuation of Ottomans.I am proud with Ottoman Empire.But empire went bad to end of empire.they forgot their main civilization(Turks).So Turks founded their own government that is republic of Turkey.Thank you Tunch for this modpack.I am happy..:)

spider_hip
Nov 06, 2005, 02:12 PM
woww.It's awsome.. I just saw this Turkish Mod.. And I become so happy right now..

Thank u Tunch Khan ...

(I heard there will be expansion pack for civIV , and there will be Turkey or Ottoman (I'm not sure) )...?!

If so , It's awsome too.. Beceause I really want to see that civ in cIV too..

Tunch Khan
Nov 06, 2005, 06:20 PM
Yes the developers have mentioned about Turks/Ottomans being in the next expansion, but i just couldn't wait. And until then enjoy the mod and keep your eyes on my updates as I soon will add some audio files and diplo music. :)

Isak
Nov 07, 2005, 03:17 AM
A suggestion that would make it easier for you to maintain the mod:

With all the files in XML/Text you don't need to include the entries that you haven't changed. You can safely delete all those redundant entries.

I've added a modified CIV4GameText_Civilopedia_CivLeaders.xml file as an example. I've also renamed it, and you don't need to give it the original name again - the game reads any TXT_KEY that it finds in any XML file within the Text folder, regardless of name.

Not only will it make it easier for you to update the mod, it also makes it easier for people to integrate it with other mods. :)

Tunch Khan
Nov 08, 2005, 01:31 AM
A suggestion that would make it easier for you to maintain the mod:With all the files in XML/Text you don't need to include the entries that you haven't changed. You can safely delete all those redundant entries.
I've added a modified CIV4GameText_Civilopedia_CivLeaders.xml file as an example. I've also renamed it, and you don't need to give it the original name again - the game reads any TXT_KEY that it finds in any XML file within the Text folder, regardless of name.
Not only will it make it easier for you to update the mod, it also makes it easier for people to integrate it with other mods. :) Thank you for the suggestion, i will take a look at your attachment in the first occasion.

korfez
Nov 08, 2005, 10:51 AM
I have some questions about the mod. There are two parts part 1 and part 2. Both have a folder named "assets." I extracted the files into a created folder (Mods) and I have written the old Mods fodler over. So with the advanced button I loaded "Mods" it didn' t do anything. Then I loaded "Turkish mod" and yes it worked.

My question is about5 the "assets" folder in mod part 2... do I have to overwrite the folder from mod part 1 with that of part 2 or can I play it like this:confused:

Tunch Khan
Nov 08, 2005, 09:56 PM
My question is about5 the "assets" folder in mod part 2... do I have to overwrite the folder from mod part 1 with that of part 2 or can I play it like this:confused: Yes, you need to overwrite the folder from part 1. Don't worry, it will only combine the files. I will soon have a new version ready, this time with diplo music (mehter) and hopefully an easier way to install the files.

MichaelBlondin
Nov 11, 2005, 08:53 AM
Tunch Khan:

I'm working on a mod and I just can't make a picture of a leader appear. I didn't have any problem with the flag, but when it comes to the leader pictures, a purple square is appearing. Could you help me please !?

Tunch Khan
Nov 11, 2005, 02:44 PM
Can you e-mail me the picture files? I'll check it out and we take it from there; cruist22@yahoo.com

Alexios
Nov 17, 2005, 10:24 PM
I love it. Gonna study it and others to make a new mod for the Byzantines.

OneArmed
Nov 18, 2005, 02:21 PM
merhaba.... senin modun çok iyi!

for some reason it just shows a red flag, not the turkish flag though? i'll keep playing around with it

Tunch Khan
Nov 19, 2005, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the comments. I had actually tested the flag earlier and didn't get any other reports so far. Is it possible that you have altered your files earlier or didn't install the pack? (zip1 and 2). Again, i know it has been some time, but i'm almost about to finish the new version with proper audio files, so if you can hold a little longer, I will upload the new files ASAP.

OneArmed
Nov 19, 2005, 06:39 PM
thanks! i'll stay tuned!

i installed both zip files, but i didn't understand what you meant about unpacking the Art0.Fpk? Yours is the only mod i've tried. everything else worked fine, just the flags were red without the ay yildiz

OneArmed
Nov 20, 2005, 01:05 AM
I figured out what I did wrong to not make the flag decal show up. (i didn't copy the flag decal dds file over to the right directory)!

thanks

Lord_Thor
Nov 20, 2005, 12:09 PM
Allright, first of all I just want to say I can't believe that the mod that I was looking for could be so easy to find. I actually thought that Civ 4 might include Turkey or the Ottomans, but looks like I was wrong.

Second of all, I was wondering if it is possible to have 2 special units and if it is possible, I think a Janissarie would be perfect.
(For those of you that have no idea what that word is, it's pretty much a very skilled soldier in the elite corpe of the Ottoman Empire during the middle ages. In fact, it was so powerful that the Sultan ordered their termination with his loyal Siphai).

Finally, you did a great job with everything and keep up the good work.

Tunch Khan
Nov 22, 2005, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the comments, I could easily add Janissaries if I can find graphics or at least a proper skin. Until then Sipahi's have to do the hard work of dominating the world. :)

Tunch Khan
Nov 22, 2005, 11:22 AM
DOWNLAD THE UPDATED Turkish MOD (www.intristin.net/mods/uploads/turkishmod.zip).

Turkish MOD is now updated with sounds.

Features:

- Unit Select sounds in Turkish
- Unit Order sounds in Turkish
- Diplo Music for all three leaders:
- Mehmed_II_Early.mp3 which is also the default diplo music for early, classical and medieval ages is Classical Mehter Band theme;
- Mehmed_II_Late.mp3 is edited version of Istanbul (Not Constantinople) ;
- Suleyman_Late.mp3 is edited version of Istanbul Opening (soundtrack/Midnight Express,1978), which would be more realistic if Suleiman was in rule;
- Ataturk_Late.mp3 is Rondo Ala Turca for late game with Ataturk as leader, which suits well with the modernization reforms and such;
- Turkey_Intro.mp3 is pieces of sounds edited from Istanbul (Levent Yuksel) and is the default for Turkish diplo screen.

JohnnyFrost
Nov 23, 2005, 12:19 AM
Hey yo,

Tunc I just tried it but still no Turkish flag for me.I cant just figure out the problem and this is driving me nuts

GUYS CAN YOU SEE THE TURKISH FLAG DURING GAMEPLAY OR IS IT JUST ME

Can YOU TELL ME WHAT I MUST EXACTLY DO TO MAKE IT WORK !!!!!!!

PLEASE !!!!!!!

IVE ALREADY UNINSTALLED THE GAME REINSTALED IT.... DELETED CACHE..... THEN I PUT THE LATEST TURKISH MOD FILE INTO MODS ORIGINAL DIRECTORY..... THEN STARTED THE GAME.... WENT TO ADVANCED OPTIONS LOADED THE TURKISH MOD EVERY THING IS THERE EXEPT THE TURKISH FLAG

(THE GAME SUCKS WITHOUT IT)

LAnkou
Nov 23, 2005, 01:10 AM
1) stop shouting, it breaks my eyes
2) don't say the game sucks (even without it), there is a lot of people who love this game (even without it), respect their opinions
3) do you have any issue with the normal game? if not, try to set whiteflag to 1
4) if it doesn't work, try supercic, it includes turkey

Tunch Khan
Nov 23, 2005, 01:21 AM
3) do you have any issue with the normal game? if not, try to set whiteflag to 1 The whiteflag is already set to 1 in my mod. I didn't run into any problems during my tests so far, but i'd appreciate any info or feedback about this specific flag problem. Thanks..

JohnnyFrost
Nov 23, 2005, 01:51 AM
1) stop shouting, it breaks my eyes
2) don't say the game sucks (even without it), there is a lot of people who love this game (even without it), respect their opinions
3) do you have any issue with the normal game? if not, try to set whiteflag to 1
4) if it doesn't work, try supercic, it includes turkey

What a dumbo

supercic includes the same file !!!!!

yes I do have problems with the original game if its your concern MR. its f SLOW.

chaw

LAnkou
Nov 23, 2005, 03:38 AM
besides the slowness

Black terrain, cheshire cat? (BTW what is a chesshire cat?)

Tactician Zhao
Nov 23, 2005, 07:02 AM
(BTW what is a chesshire cat?)

"The Cheshire Cat is a fictional cat appearing in Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland. It appears and disappears at will, engaging Alice in amusing but sometimes vexing conversation. The cat often points out philosophical points that annoy Alice.

At one point, the cat disappeared gradually until nothing was left but its grin, prompting Alice to remark that she had often seen a cat without a grin but never a grin without a cat. This has become a point of notability for the cat: most people remember it most strongly performing its vanishing act."

JohnnyFrost
Nov 23, 2005, 07:58 AM
besides the slowness

Black terrain, cheshire cat? (BTW what is a chesshire cat?)

Now that Ive learned what the cheshire cat is my answer to your question would be NO.

:crazyeye:

rifleman
Nov 23, 2005, 09:25 PM
Great ideas for this civ Tunch.

I can't say that I see the conflict with emphasising the Ottomans, but then I'm not Turkish. It's just that, while Tamerlane did capture Sultan Beyazid, he was half Turkish and half Mongol himself. There are alot of Turks through history - Ottoman, Seljuks of Rum, Blue... Picking one that represents the whole civilization is impossible. Personally I've always wanted to see someone make Alp Arslan. But while he started things out, and Ataturk did alot of great things for today's Turkey, no one affected the world like Suleiman. The Ottomans were feared or respected by everyone who knew them, that seems to make them a pretty good candidate for Civ.

:confused: Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble accessing the companion file? I found it, though it was in a file named Art0.FPK not .PAK., but I can't find any programs that can open the file. What's the deal? I think it's awesome that there are other units on the disks that aren't used in the game yet, but it's frustrating the heck out of me trying to see them.

Anyone have any suggestions?

*edit* Just found what I was looking for in the Lost Units Mod. Still can't figure out how to open the file myself, but they're posted here -

Lost Units (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=140601)

Tunch Khan
Nov 24, 2005, 11:39 AM
...Personally I've always wanted to see someone make Alp Arslan... I am palnning on adding a few other Turkish leaders, Alp Arslan among them. I might start a poll tho, to decide on which one/s.

mazzz
Nov 24, 2005, 02:25 PM
cool, how did u get the sounds in turkish?

Tunch Khan
Nov 25, 2005, 12:19 AM
cool, how did u get the sounds in turkish? Lol, wasn't easy to start with, i'll tell you the secrets later perhaps. :) Have you played with the sounds yet? How do you like it?

Lord_Thor
Nov 25, 2005, 10:27 PM
I just downloaded the new patch and you did a pretty good job with the sounds. It's been a long time since I watched any of his movies but is one of the unit sounds possibly from Inek Saban?

Anyways back to why I wrote this post. I read the thread carefully a couple of times and I hate to say this but I can't get my flag to work either and it doesn't look like anybody's come up with a grand solution. Everything else seems to be in order except for the fact that in place of where the Turkish flag is there's a white area.

I also have have one more question about the Art0.fpk file. I looked and looked for that file but can not find it. I found a folder with that name but nothing in it and the only fpk's that I've ran across are the asset0(1,2,...).fpk's.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Tunch Khan
Nov 25, 2005, 11:54 PM
Oh, I see you've already disovered an Easter Egg. :) I love it when he says that prior to building a city. About the flag problem, unfortunately I haven't been able to solve it yet. Some people have no problems at all, and some do, so I believe it's related to different graphic cards. I promise I will try to test more soon and perhaps come up with another flag that is less detailed.

There is a thread about modding tools where you can find a fpk unpacker rleased by Firaxis. That one helps unpack the Art0.fpk file if you are interested.

Lord_Thor
Nov 26, 2005, 12:03 PM
Well.... I was wondering something. In the installation steps in your mod, I skipped the deletion of the cache file, mainly because I couldn't find it, and I still can't. Could that be the reason why the flag shows up white?

I'm also looking for a couple of opinions concerning the Jannisaries. I'm going to try to skin one and I'm kind of bent on what unit to replace. To my knowledge, the Jannisaries were excellent at swordsmanship and marksmanship. I'm lost wheter to replace some kind of archer (longbowman) or a sword unit (swordsmen or maybe knight).

Tunch Khan
Nov 26, 2005, 02:16 PM
And they were also the first army corps to use rifles. They could as well be the first rifleman unit with the discovery of gunpowder. As early as 15th century Janissaries were equipped with rifles and that was the end for many ancient kingdoms such as Mameluks and Hungarians.

CivArmy s. 1994
Nov 26, 2005, 03:28 PM
I created a Turkish civ myself here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=143865 and I've used many ideas of this thread as civilopedia entry, idea for the second leader and others. I'm posting to say thanks!!!
I'm posting to offer help too: I did a 3d LH, static, for Sultan Selim I, in case it interest to the creators of this Turkish Civ, just download my file to get the *.dds files necessary for this LHs. :D And I'll create a 3d model for President Ataturk too, u can use in this mod if u want ;) I'll create this new model soon.

I expect I can help u and thanks for help me :)

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/4875/turks017et.jpg

Lord_Thor
Nov 26, 2005, 03:33 PM
Oh man CivArmy.... you beat me to creating a Jannisary. Pretty much just shattered my dreams. I just hope it has the unit sounds like Tunch Khan's.

CivArmy s. 1994
Nov 26, 2005, 03:40 PM
Oh man CivArmy.... you beat me to creating a Jannisary. Pretty much just shattered my dreams. I just hope it has the unit sounds like Tunch Khan's.

if u want, u can use this unit for this mod or another one, my pleasure :) thanks for enjoying!
unfortunally I didn't create the new sounds :( but if someone wants to do that, please, do and I'll use :D

Tunch Khan
Nov 26, 2005, 05:25 PM
You are welcome CivArmy s. 1994 :). The more Turkish Mods floating around, the better.
I will download and check your graphic files, to see if your flag is more compatible than the one i am using. It would be great if you could skin a rifleman for Janissary unit, i have a thread with some Janissary graphics here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=142968).

CivArmy s. 1994
Nov 27, 2005, 07:51 AM
You are welcome CivArmy s. 1994 :). The more Turkish Mods floating around, the better.
I will download and check your graphic files, to see if your flag is more compatible than the one i am using. It would be great if you could skin a rifleman for Janissary unit, i have a thread with some Janissary graphics here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=142968).

I did the Janissary unit using skin work, check the files ;)
It is the first view of Ataturk, I expect some feedback for changes. Now I'm going do create others models for others leaders.

EDITED: OLD PREVIEW REMOVED

Tunch Khan
Nov 27, 2005, 10:22 AM
I have seen the Janissary unit yes, but it's still somewhat like a french unit. I guess only with skinning that's the best we can then. I mean without proper modeling it must be difficult to have Janissary features.

About Ataturk, well, I don't know what to say. It's good work, but not Ataturk or nowhere close yet. Try blue eyes and a roundish face with high cheek bones, and then lets see how we can improve. Do you need his images? I've posted a million of them here and there on these forums.

CivArmy s. 1994
Nov 27, 2005, 01:07 PM
I have seen the Janissary unit yes, but it's still somewhat like a french unit. I guess only with skinning that's the best we can then. I mean without proper modeling it must be difficult to have Janissary features.

About Ataturk, well, I don't know what to say. It's good work, but not Ataturk or nowhere close yet. Try blue eyes and a roundish face with high cheek bones, and then lets see how we can improve. Do you need his images? I've posted a million of them here and there on these forums.

I did some changes on the LHs, check the old image again ;) What do u think now?
People r asking to me change my Janissary of Rifleman to Swordsman or archer unit type, what do u think?

Lord_Thor
Nov 27, 2005, 03:50 PM
Tunch Khan a while ago while looking at these forums I came across some pics that you posted of Jannisaries. Could you provide me with the link to that thread becuase I just can't happen to find them again.

Tunch Khan
Nov 27, 2005, 05:09 PM
Tunch Khan a while ago while looking at these forums I came across some pics that you posted of Jannisaries. Could you provide me with the link to that thread becuase I just can't happen to find them again.
Here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=142968) you go. :)

spincrus
Nov 27, 2005, 10:02 PM
Wow CivArmy strikes back!

Great work on Ataturk! I love it! The stars should be placed a bit more properly maybe, and you should give him a bit more of a serious look, as that's how he's portrayed in most of his photographs...even though his late photos always show him smiling or laughing.

I wonder if these ones are animated or not?

spincrus
Nov 27, 2005, 10:04 PM
Hahahah, I just downloaded the new version and hearing Inek Saban was the funniest thing I've encountered in a while.

Tunch Khan
Nov 28, 2005, 03:49 AM
Here's another Janissary image, again portrayed with rifles:

http://ron.heavengames.com/gameinfo/nations/turks/janissaries.jpg

PS.I'm happy to find you are enjoying the little easter egg. ;) How's the flag working for you?

JohnnyFrost
Nov 28, 2005, 10:30 AM
I just downloaded the new patch and you did a pretty good job with the sounds. It's been a long time since I watched any of his movies but is one of the unit sounds possibly from Inek Saban?

Anyways back to why I wrote this post. I read the thread carefully a couple of times and I hate to say this but I can't get my flag to work either and it doesn't look like anybody's come up with a grand solution. Everything else seems to be in order except for the fact that in place of where the Turkish flag is there's a white area.

I also have have one more question about the Art0.fpk file. I looked and looked for that file but can not find it. I found a folder with that name but nothing in it and the only fpk's that I've ran across are the asset0(1,2,...).fpk's.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

two things you can do

1. download dds converter (the link for it is somewhere in the forums) after the installation start the program then on the upper part of the program window youll see LOOK IN TO where you are able to select many picture formats (dds is one of them) from there select the file FLAGDECALE_MOONSTAR.dds which is included with the Turkish Mod pack and located at C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods\Turkish MOD\Assets\Art\interface\teamcolor\flagdecal_moons tar.dds then reconvert
THE DDS TOOOOO DDS

the reason you might want to take these long steps is that there is a little chance that you might get to see a blury RED Colored Moonstar along with the red flag.

2. Tunc helped me with this thanks to him

GOTO

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods\Turkish MOD\Assets\XML\Art

open the Civ4artdefines_civilitaztions file with WORDPAD and locate

<Type>ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_TURKEY</Type>
<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Civilizations/Turkey.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Civics_Civilizations_Religions_Atlas.dds,5,7</Button>
<Path>Art/Interface/TeamColor/FlagDECAL_MoonStar.dds</Path>
<bWhiteFlag>1</bWhiteFlag>

CHANGE the 1 in this line to 0 <bWhiteFlag>1</bWhiteFlag> save and exit.

There you have a red flag without the moonstar.

WHICH SUCKS

Whats your graphic card I have geforce 4 mx 440 ?????

Lord_Thor
Nov 28, 2005, 04:27 PM
Wow.. Thanks for that extremely detailed info. While the moonstar would have been better, the red color is definently better then white.

For the graphic card business .... I have the same one. GeForce 4 MX 440

JohnnyFrost
Nov 29, 2005, 05:06 AM
Wow.. Thanks for that extremely detailed info. While the moonstar would have been better, the red color is definently better then white.

For the graphic card business .... I have the same one. GeForce 4 MX 440

The flag in Civ army Turks patch WORKS !!!!!! But its fully red when combined with Tuncs Patch.

No problem. :)

JohnnyFrost
Nov 29, 2005, 05:12 AM
I think Tunc and civ army should work on a Turkish patch together.

THE ULTIMATE TURKISH PATCH : ))))))))))

Tunch Khan
Nov 29, 2005, 11:22 AM
Given the problem with the Turkish flag on some computers, I will change the flag on my next update. I also have a few other new features and at least one new leader under my sleeve. :) I will soon start a poll to chose the next Turkish leader in the main Creation & Cus. thread.

LAnkou
Nov 29, 2005, 03:37 PM
i have a question about your last patch:

apart from the new xml files for the sound, which xlm files did you modify? (i found leaderheadsinfos and civilizationsinfos in the civilization folder)

Tunch Khan
Nov 29, 2005, 04:39 PM
i have a question about your last patch:

apart from the new xml files for the sound, which xlm files did you modify? (i found leaderheadsinfos and civilizationsinfos in the civilization folder)

Assets/XML/Audio/AudioDefines
Assets/XML/Audio/Audio2DScripts
Assets/XML/Audio/Audio3DScripts
Assets/XML/Civilizations/Civ4LeaderHeadInfos

I am also going to release a new version with a new leader; a more stable flag; and a few minor add-ons in a couple of days.

LAnkou
Nov 29, 2005, 04:46 PM
too late i have added the changes, i will update it when you update...

JohnnyFrost
Nov 29, 2005, 04:54 PM
Given the problem with the Turkish flag on some computers, I will change the flag on my next update. I also have a few other new features and at least one new leader under my sleeve. :) I will soon start a poll to chose the next Turkish leader in the main Creation & Cus. thread.

I didnt post it two times :blush:

JohnnyFrost
Nov 29, 2005, 04:55 PM

Great

:goodjob:

Tunch Khan
Nov 29, 2005, 10:33 PM
The poll is up and running, waiting for you to cast your votes here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=144756). :)

Tunch Khan
Dec 02, 2005, 11:45 AM
The poll is not over yet, but it appears Osman Ghazi, Tamerlane and Roxalena are running to the front. Go give your favorites proper support. ;)

Tunch Khan
Dec 06, 2005, 11:24 PM
The poll (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=144756) for the next leader in the upcoming upgrade to this mod has started to shape up a little. Osman, Timur and Hurrem are still the front runners.

astrolord
Dec 07, 2005, 01:51 PM
Is it possible to play Turkish mod in a real world map??? I am a new civ player and I couldnt find a real world map to play the Turks in the mod. By the way this is an amazing work..I really want to appreciate your work..Thanks for the pleasure of playing with the Turks...

Tunch Khan
Dec 08, 2005, 01:46 PM
Is it possible to play Turkish mod in a real world map??? I am a new civ player and I couldnt find a real world map to play the Turks in the mod. By the way this is an amazing work..I really want to appreciate your work..Thanks for the pleasure of playing with the Turks... You will have to add them manually to the scenario you are playing. There are also some mods out there which have included the Turks :) and perhaps you can find a world map as well.

alinurdengizich
Dec 08, 2005, 01:57 PM
türkiye seninle gurur duyuyor!!!!=)
that's really great and i hope you will continue to improve it my bro!!!

Azkonus
Dec 21, 2005, 05:35 PM
Hi Tunch,

Here are some comments and questions about the mod:

Almost all cities are from Ottomans; why don’t you add : Samarkand, Tashkend, Bukhara, Merv for example.

Almost all of the leaders you chose are from Ottomans, besides Timur, which got the most criticism. Following are two stories regarding Timur:

In Sivas, mothers still call naughty boys as 'Timur’un dolu' (from Timur’s gene or sperm) when they really really pissed off. Those people still can not forget the bad things Timur the Lame had done to the city and people.

Secondly, in a Nasreddin Hoca (folkloric philosopher as you put it) story, people of the village asks help from the hoca because Timur treats them badly. (In the story they can not say Timur instead they say Elephants)

Please Hoca save us, save us from the elephants.

Remembered? If you didn’t, story goes like; hoca says ok but wants villagers to come with him, At the start of the trip all of them walking with hoca chatting and shouthing how the things gone bad since the arrival of Timur, all thankful to Hoca, but as time goes on with the thoughts of how severe Timur's response would be, they start to leave one by one. At the end when hoca reaches the presence of Timur, he turns his head and sees nobody is left behind. So he too can’t say anything and lefts.

I know you like Timur but please think this again.

By the way I voted for Hurrem :D . Choosing Alparslan, Oghuz, Nizam ul Mulk or (Kul Tigin, Bilge Khan) makes this more of a Turkish mode than just an Ottoman mode.

P.S. Keep up the good work :goodjob:

Korpulu
Dec 22, 2005, 12:26 AM
If I may. I would like to put forth Koprulu Mehmed or Ahmed for consideration.
I'm glad someone took the time and trouble to add the Turks. Kinross' The Ottoman Centuries has been one of my favorite books.

Tunch Khan
Dec 22, 2005, 09:21 AM
If I may. I would like to put forth Koprulu Mehmed or Ahmed for consideration.
I'm glad someone took the time and trouble to add the Turks. Kinross' The Ottoman Centuries has been one of my favorite books.

Lords of the Horizons by Jason Goodwin is another good reading on Ottoman Empire. The legacy and importance of the Koprulu Family cannot be denied, and I did consider their names while creating the poll. However I personally did not find it comfortable to add them, while other prominent figures were still missing.

Korpulu
Dec 22, 2005, 11:57 AM
I'll have to get that book:). I think that they had a bigger impact overall than Roxelana. But who am I to judge. I voted for her myself:D

Just something about lady rulers;)

Tunch Khan
Dec 22, 2005, 01:17 PM
Almost all cities are from Ottomans; why don’t you add : Samarkand, Tashkend, Bukhara, Merv for example.

Actually all my cities are within the boundries of Republic of Turkey. I did consider your suggestions along with other Turkish cities such as Kerkuk and Baku and also a long list of cities which have been under Turkish rule for many centuries; Baghdad, Jerusalem, Damascus, Mecca, Cairo, Alexandria, Bairut, Salonika, Athens, Sophia, Tirana, Skopje, Bukharest, Sarajevo, Belgrade, Budapest, Odessa, Varna, Tiflis, Tebriz, Benghazi, Tunis, Algier and so forth. But some of those cities already exist under other civilizations and it's more fun to conquer them first and rename after. :mischief:
I just tried to avoid infinite debates over the identities of those cities, yet I am still open to suggestions and if there's a demand I will reconsider them.
As per your city suggestion. I had compiled another long list of "Turkish" cities but wasn't sure how to implement it, since it slightly changes the flavor of the civilization. So the question arises here: if the capital is Istanbul, when is Samarkand founded and vice versa. Is it better to add them to the end of the list, for the sake of having them, or should we shuffle them?
Here is that longer list I mentioned:

Semerkand - Samarqand
Taskent - Tashkent
Buhara - Bukhara
Otuken
Horasan - Khorasan
Merv
Kasgar - Kashgar
Ordubalik
Saray Batu - Old Sarai
Karakurum
Besbalik
Astrahan - Astrakhan
Malazgirt - Manzikert
Ergenekon
Alamut
Herat
Gazne - Ghazni
Mezar-i Serif - Mazar-e Sharif
Harzem - Khorezm
Sirvan - Shirvan
Tebriz
Isfahan
Kandahar
Baku
Kerkuk
Meshed
Nishapur
Kabil - Kabul
Sincan - Senjan
Balkh
Kashmir
Derbent
Mahackale
Gence
Saray Berke - New Sarai
Shangdu - Xanadu
Yarkand
Almalik
Sehr-i Sebz - Shahrisabz
Ak Saray - Aq Sarai
Atrar - Otrar

and here is a list of remaining Turkish cities to be considered for an update, that are within the Turkish Republic boundries:

Nevsehir
Milas
Urfa
Kirklareli
Usak
Giresun
Gelibolu
Denizli
Ardahan
Balikesir
Aksaray
Sogut
Bilecik
Karahisar
Sakarya
Germiyan
Mentese
Nigde
Karamursel
Sivrihisar
Hereke
Hatay
Catalca
Golcuk
Saruhan
Karasi
Amasra
Eregli
Iskenderun
Kirsehir
Yozgat
Maras
Adiyaman
Gumushane
Tunceli
Beysehir
Bergama
Kastamonu
Ordu
Niksar
Cankiri
Tokat
Corum
Amasya
Alasehir
Vize

And here is the flaming list of Ottoman cities not included in the mod:

Asia :
Musul
Kerkuk
Baghdad
Sam - Damascus
Beyrut - Beiruth
Kudus - Jerusalem - Al Quds
Halep - Aleppo
Basra
Mekke - Mecca
Medina
Tebriz
Revan - Erevan
Tiflis - Tbilisi
Batum
Girne - Kyrenia
Lefkosa - Nicosia
Magosa - Famagusta
Yemen - Sanaa
Aden
Katar - Qatar
Gazze

Africa :
Kahire - Cairo
Iskenderiye - Alexandria
Trablusgarp - Tripoli
Bingazi - Benghazi
Tunus - Tunis
Cezayir - Algiers
Cerbe - Gerba
Oran
Derne Dernah
Fizan - Fezzan
Assab
Cibuti - Djibouti
Hartum - Khartoum
Habesh - Abyssinia
Berbera

Europe :
Selanik - Salonica - Thessaloniki
Kavala
Filibe - Philipopolis
Varna
Manastir - Bitola
Uskup - Skopje
Silistre
Nigbolu - Nicopolis
Kosova - Kosovo Polje
Yanya - Janina
Sofya - Sophia
Plevne - Plovdiv
Yenisehir - Larissa
Vodina - Edessa
Bukres - Bucharest
Kostence - Constanza
Atina - Athens
Tiran - Tirana
Nish
Vidin
Yenipazar - Novi Bazar
Bosnasaray - Sarajevo
Belgrad - Beograd
Temisvar - Novisad
Budin - Buda(pest)
Egri - Eger
Segedin - Szeged
Zigetvar - Szigetvar
Kanije
Estergon - Esztergom
Bihac
Mostar
Cetince - Cetinje
Orsova
Yas - Jassy
Hotin - Khotyn
Bender - Tighina
Akkerman - Bilhorod-Dnistrovs'kyi
Ismail - Izmayil
Bahcesaray
Akyar - Sebastopol
Kefe - Kaffa
Asaf - Azov
Yeni Dunya - Odessa
Yenikale - Kerch
Navarin - Pylos
Rodos
Kandiye - Candia
Serez
Iskece - Xanthi
Gumulcine - Komotini
Dedeagac - Alexandroupoli
Otranto - Taranto

The modest title of Ottoman Emperors:
Sovereign of The Osman Family, Sultan es Selatin (Sultan of Sultans), Khakhan (Khan of the Khans), Caliph of the Faithful, Servant of the Cities of Mecca, Medina and Kouds (Jerusalem), Padishas of The Three Cities of Istanbul (Constantinople), Edirne (Andrinople) and Bursa (Brousse), and of the Cities of Châm (Damascus) and Misr (Egypt), of all Azerbaijan, of Mägris, of Barkah, of Kairouan, of Alep, of Iraq, of Arabia and of Ajim, of Basra, of El Hasa, of Dilen, of Raka, of Mosul, of Parthia, of Diyarbakir, of Cilicia, of the Vilayets of Erzurum, of Sivas, of Adana, of Karaman, of Van, of Barbaria, of Habech (Abyssinia), of Tunisia, of Tyrabolos (Tripoli), of Châm (Damascus), of Kybris (Cyprus), of Rhodes, of Candia, of the Vilayet of Morea (Peloponnese), of Ak Deniz (Marmara Sea), of Kara Deniz (Black Sea), of Anatolia, of Rumelia (the European part of the Empire), of Bagdad, of Kurdistan, of Greece, of Turkestan, of Tartary, of Circassia, of the two regions of Kabarda, of Gorjestan (Georgia), of the plain of Kypshak, of the whole country of the Tartars (Ukraine), of Kefa (Crimea) and of all the neighbouring countries, of Bosnia and dependancies, of the City of Belgrade, of the Vilayet of Serf (Serbia), with all the castles and cities, of all the Arnaut Vilayet (Albania), of all Iflak (Rumania) and Bogdania (Moldova), as well as all the dependancies and borders, and many others countries and cities

Here is a link to the European Map of 1560 (http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/historical/europe1560_shepherd.jpg)for a better understanding of Ottoman world.

Almost all of the leaders you chose are from Ottomans, besides Timur, which got the most criticism. Following are two stories regarding Timur:

In Sivas, mothers still call naughty boys as 'Timur’un dolu' (from Timur’s gene or sperm) when they really really pissed off. Those people still can not forget the bad things Timur the Lame had done to the city and people.

Secondly, in a Nasreddin Hoca (folkloric philosopher as you put it) story, people of the village asks help from the hoca because Timur treats them badly. (In the story they can not say Timur instead they say Elephants)

Remembered? If you didn’t, story goes like; hoca says ok but wants villagers to come with him, At the start of the trip all of them walking with hoca chatting and shouthing how the things gone bad since the arrival of Timur, all thankful to Hoca, but as time goes on with the thoughts of how severe Timur's response would be, they start to leave one by one. At the end when hoca reaches the presence of Timur, he turns his head and sees nobody is left behind. So he too can’t say anything and lefts.

I know you like Timur but please think this again.

By the way I voted for Hurrem :D . Choosing Alparslan, Oghuz, Nizam ul Mulk or (Kul Tigin, Bilge Khan) makes this more of a Turkish mode than just an Ottoman mode.

P.S. Keep up the good work :goodjob:

Only 6 out of 12 suggestions were actually Ottoman, and I think with over 600 years of domination, the Family of Osman deserves such respect. Out of the remaining 6; one was the Mythical ruler of the Turks, Oghuz Khan; three belonged to the Seldjuk Era; one independant Turkish dynasty, the Timurids; and one candidate, Inonu belonged to the Republican period.

Timur might be a cruel tyrant, but that doesn't shadow the fact that he created a Turkish empire that was almost as large as Ottoman Empire and he managed to defeat all his opponents including Bayezid I, the Thunderbolt.

Hurrem Sultan / Roxalena is the winner of the poll with a few of the pollers stating in the thread, to have changed their votes from Osman to Hurrem after they have casted their votes. You can read the details in the related thread. I will start working on the next update as soon as there's a concencus on additional cities.

Anima Croatorum
Dec 22, 2005, 03:29 PM
Well, since you are taking the broader approach to the term Turkish, why not include a leader from one of the other Turkish nations, the Turkomans.

And who would be better than the Father of all Turkoman, the dearest of all Dear Leaders, the one and only Turkmenbashi:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bf/Saparmurat_Niyazov.jpg

Tunch Khan
Dec 22, 2005, 04:22 PM
Well, since you are taking the broader approach to the term Turkish, why not include a leader from one of the other Turkish nations, the Turkomans.

And who would be better than the Father of all Turkoman, the dearest of all Dear Leaders, the one and only Turkmenbashi:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bf/Saparmurat_Niyazov.jpg I have been to Turkmenistan and met the Dear Leader in person. So I don't want to comment on him, but he won't be in my mod for short. And that is enough to say.:scan:

jkp1187
Dec 23, 2005, 10:50 AM
Khan,

Hey! It's real cool that you took my "Ronda Ala Turca" suggestion! I think I might suggest we play as the Turks in the next succession game I play with my friends.

Thanks again for your hard work on this.

JKP

Tunch Khan
Dec 23, 2005, 07:37 PM
Khan,

Hey! It's real cool that you took my "Ronda Ala Turca" suggestion! I think I might suggest we play as the Turks in the next succession game I play with my friends.

Thanks again for your hard work on this.

JKP
That was one fine suggestion I couldn't pass. It has become a nice addition. :) Thanks again.

Tunch Khan
Dec 28, 2005, 02:10 AM
There's an official Firaxis Poll (http://www.firaxis.com/community/polls.cfm) on which civs and features to add for the next expansion. If you enjoy playing this mod, please vote for Ottoman Empire and Seljuk Empire options along with your other favorite civs and units. :cool:

VOTE (http://www.firaxis.com/community/polls.cfm)

nebuchadnezzar
Dec 28, 2005, 05:32 AM
oh, that's good. seeing two turkish empires in a poll.. voted for both, hope they put both :).

by the way, i have an idea for a turkish unique unit. as we all know, turks were the first civilization to utilize gunpowder in combat. to reflect this, we may add a gunpowder unit (or units) to the mod. My idea is that, with the gunpowder tech, turks get a dragoon unit, something like an early cavalry. no replacement for other units.

Balton
Dec 30, 2005, 06:54 AM
Hey Tunch this is Greak Work.

Here is my suggestion for yet another unit (would be great to have multiple UUs): If my memory from History class serves me right, during the siege of Constantinople in 1453 (here the proper name is used because it hadn't fallen yet :cool: ), a certain kind of artillary was used. The builder was of Hungarian origin perhaps. This could be a new UU since this kind of unit is really lacking in Civ 4. I don't remember the details but it was these powerful siege weapons that brought down the walls that still exist in partial (:eek: ) in today's beautiful Istanbul.

Fixaris should also take notice of this thread and realise their mistake of not including this civ.

all the best for 2006

Azmodai
Dec 30, 2005, 08:40 AM
great work Tunch, I can't believe i've never noticed this mod before, i'll dl it now and give it a go :)

Leong9000
Dec 30, 2005, 09:08 AM

cant say i'm agree with you, when you learn more about that civis, you have more stuffs to consider, for example, many chinese introduced themselves as "tang ren" in cantonese, which refer to tang dynasty

and basically, we dont ourselve "qing ren" in our mother language:scan:

Tunch Khan
Dec 30, 2005, 09:55 AM
Turkish Mod v.1.2 (12/30/2005)
Features:

- Sipahi UU graphic added (beautiful skin made available by krowtrobot from CivFanatics)
- Sipahi is now in the "Knight" subgroup instead of "Horse Archer"

Tunch Khan
Dec 30, 2005, 10:18 AM
Hey Tunch this is Greak Work.

Here is my suggestion for yet another unit (would be great to have multiple UUs): If my memory from History class serves me right, during the siege of Constantinople in 1453 (here the proper name is used because it hadn't fallen yet :cool: ), a certain kind of artillary was used. The builder was of Hungarian origin perhaps. This could be a new UU since this kind of unit is really lacking in Civ 4. I don't remember the details but it was these powerful siege weapons that brought down the walls that still exist in partial (:eek: ) in today's beautiful Istanbul.

Fixaris should also take notice of this thread and realise their mistake of not including this civ.

all the best for 2006

The monster unveiled in front of the old majestic walls of Constantinople was 28 feet long, the bronze of the barrel 8 inches thick, firing balls which weighed 12 cwt, which had to be dragged, attended by seven hundred man, on a special carriage drawn by sixty oxen. On 7 February 1453, it was settled in place, this stone-thrower "of the newest kind", a strange sort, unbelievable when told of, but as experience demonstrated, able to accomplish anything, to await the Byzantine answer to Mehmed's ultimatum. It was nicknamed "The Basilica."

Shqype
Dec 30, 2005, 01:17 PM
It's a good thing you didn't put in those European cities, namely those of the Balkans, since they are not Turkish, neither by origin, ethnicity, or other means. Many of them were conquered and added to the Turkish Empire, but they still resisted Turkish rule and rebelled, many of them eventually gaining their independence.

Lords of the Horizons by Jason Goodwin is another good reading on Ottoman Empire. The legacy and importance of the Koprulu Family cannot be denied, and I did consider their names while creating the poll. However I personally did not find it comfortable to add them, while other prominent figures were still missing.
Wasn't the Koprulu family Albanian in origin?

Shqype
Dec 30, 2005, 01:19 PM
By the way, can you post here the "stats" of the Sipahi UU? Such as strength and what makes it different than a normal knight.

MEGA_NOOB
Dec 31, 2005, 12:57 AM
a UU idea would be Janisarry
or a unique Artillery unit

Great mod by the way

Alekhine
Dec 31, 2005, 02:50 AM
Hello people, thanks very much for this mod Tunch. I downloaded it last night and before installing I was browsing through the XML files and may have found a small error. In the CivilizationInfos file, under the listing for Turkey, it states that the unitclass for the UU Sipahi is horse archer and not knight. Will this affect the unit in game?

Tunch Khan
Dec 31, 2005, 04:59 AM
Hello people, thanks very much for this mod Tunch. I downloaded it last night and before installing I was browsing through the XML files and may have found a small error. In the CivilizationInfos file, under the listing for Turkey, it states that the unitclass for the UU Sipahi is horse archer and not knight. Will this affect the unit in game? Thanks for bringing it up. At this point, I don't think there will be any problems with that. When I tested the last version (v.1.2) Sipahi was under the knight category, as it should have been. I will try to fix the typo later on, as long as there's no conflict.

Tunch Khan
Dec 31, 2005, 05:15 AM
It's a good thing you didn't put in those European cities, namely those of the Balkans, since they are not Turkish, neither by origin, ethnicity, or other means. Many of them were conquered and added to the Turkish Empire, but they still resisted Turkish rule and rebelled, many of them eventually gaining their independence.?

Beware when you use the words ethnicity and Balkans next to eachother. You might be dragged into treacherous waters.

Wasn't the Koprulu family Albanian in origin?

Koprulu family is Albanian indeed. They have provided seven Grand Viziers to the Ottomans, a record no other family has achieved. Much of the Ottoman elite was in fact of Albanian and Greek origin and almost no Turkish at all (after Candarli Halil's execution). Yet the official language being Turkish, it was considered as the Turkish Empire in the west.

Shqype
Dec 31, 2005, 12:47 PM
Were all the Sultans during this time part of the Ottoman bloodline?

Tunch Khan
Dec 31, 2005, 01:26 PM
Were all the Sultans during this time part of the Ottoman bloodline? Ottoman bloodline? yes, Turkish blood? perhaps like 10%

Starting with -Osman's successor- Orhan's marriage with Princess Theodora of Byzantium, it became a tradition to marry foreign individuals.

greenhead101
Jan 01, 2006, 01:01 PM
Excellent work! thanks..

Tunch Khan
Jan 03, 2006, 10:38 AM
So how does everyone feel about Roxalena as the next Turkish leader?

Lord_Thor
Jan 03, 2006, 01:19 PM
Personally I wouldn't have voted for her, partly because she contributed to the rising of Sultan Selim II (Selim the Drunk), her son. He was such a bad ruler that some people refuse to accept that it came from Suleyman the Magnificent's bloodline. I'm not denying all the other stuff she has done for women but this contribution kind of overshadows those. Well.... maybe it won't be so bad to have an empress in the mod.

Anima Croatorum
Jan 04, 2006, 04:11 AM
Ottoman bloodline? yes, Turkish blood? perhaps like 10%

Starting with -Osman's successor- Orhan's marriage with Princess Theodora of Byzantium, it became a tradition to marry foreign individuals.

Worked better than marrying cousins. So, are they Turkish or Greek/Slavic? :D

Tunch Khan
Jan 04, 2006, 04:49 AM
Personally I wouldn't have voted for her, partly because she contributed to the rising of Sultan Selim II (Selim the Drunk), her son. He was such a bad ruler that some people refuse to accept that it came from Suleyman the Magnificent's bloodline. I'm not denying all the other stuff she has done for women but this contribution kind of overshadows those. Well.... maybe it won't be so bad to have an empress in the mod. Right, but i am judging her by her power and role in the empire, not necessarily by her legacy.

Tunch Khan
Jan 04, 2006, 04:53 AM
Worked better than marrying cousins. So, are they Turkish or Greek/Slavic? :D Lol, wish it were as simple as that. But as a matter of fact, by the end of the empire along with Turkish/Greek/Serbian they were also mixed with Venetian, French, Russian, Ukranian, Polish, Georgian and Circassian blood, mostly noble, some plain.

CyberRaptor
Jan 04, 2006, 09:28 AM
Really I think this should be an Ottoman Civilization mod, you say they were a "dynasty" of Turks, yes they are a Turkish tribe, but they established an empire named soley after the leaders family name, an empire which existed for 600 years or more. I personally believe the best option is to call the civilization Ottoman and assume "Turks" are part of that, much like the civilization of Rome are the Romans in Civi 4, and its assumed the "Italians" are part of that. Take the greater of the various incarnations of the empire. Also I think Bayezid would make a nice ruler to add some variety, perhaps Philosophical/Industrious. As he was known for his wise decisions, and modernisation of the Naval fleet.

Tunch Khan
Jan 05, 2006, 07:24 AM
Really I think this should be an Ottoman Civilization mod, you say they were a "dynasty" of Turks, yes they are a Turkish tribe, but they established an empire named soley after the leaders family name, an empire which existed for 600 years or more. I personally believe the best option is to call the civilization Ottoman and assume "Turks" are part of that, much like the civilization of Rome are the Romans in Civi 4, and its assumed the "Italians" are part of that. Take the greater of the various incarnations of the empire. Also I think Bayezid would make a nice ruler to add some variety, perhaps Philosophical/Industrious. As he was known for his wise decisions, and modernisation of the Naval fleet. There's a lot of people who prefer Turkish than Ottoman. Ottomans were a great civilization that lasted for 600 years and vanished, but Turks have been around for thousands of years and have established many empires that ruled vast territories (aside from Ottomans: Seljuks, Mameluks, Karamanids, Khazars, Safavids, Gok Turks, Mughals of India, Ilkhanids, Timurids, Uighurs, Blacksheep, Whitesheep, Tulunids, Ghaznavids, Khwarzems, Karahanids, and the list goes on...)

Unlike Ottomans however, Turkish Civilization survives in different independent countries: Republic of Turkey; Azerbaidjan; Turkmenistan; Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus; Uzbekistan; Kyrghizistan; Kazakhstan; and several autonomus republics within Russian Federation such as Tataristan; Dagestan; Bashkordistan etc.

Many other Turkish communities exist in other countires, some of whom are being opressed as in Crimean Tatars in Ukraine, People of Eastern Turkistan in China, Western Thracian Turks in Greece, Turkmens in Iraq, Azeris and Turkmens in Iran, while some of the luckier Turkish communities have democratic rights as in Bulgaria where the ethnic Turkish Party is a partner of the governing coalition (a great step forward after years of systematic assimiliation policies of Todor Djivkov) and in Macedonian Republic, Turkish is recognized as an official language in municipalities with Turkish population. There's also a significant number of Uzbek and Turkmen population (15%) in Afghanistan, who are still suffering from the effects of the devastating wars, invasions and Taleban's former opression.

As much as my mod is Anatoli-centric, I will try to include cities and leaders of other Turkish eras as the mod evolves.

Ugurt
Jan 05, 2006, 12:32 PM
I am playing your nicely designed Mod and I would like to thank you for the mod. Anyway, I think there is a small problem with the city names when it comes to Zonguldak some tags appears before the city name. When You change city name, it repeats itself for the next city.:thumbsup:

Lord_Thor
Jan 05, 2006, 02:04 PM
Right, but i am judging her by her power and role in the empire, not necessarily by her legacy.

I understand where you're going with this but she used that power and her high role in the empire to kill Sultan Suleyman's sons. A leader's legacy is directly related to how she used her power.

Tunch Khan
Jan 05, 2006, 04:37 PM
I understand where you're going with this but she used that power and her high role in the empire to kill Sultan Suleyman's sons. A leader's legacy is directly related to how she used her power. We are pretty much on the same page here. I am in no position to approve/disapprove or judge her legacy. The reason I considered her as a leader was because of her ability to seize power. How she used her powers is beyond my concern.

Tunch Khan
Jan 05, 2006, 04:42 PM
I am playing your nicely designed Mod and I would like to thank you for the mod. Anyway, I think there is a small problem with the city names when it comes to Zonguldak some tags appears before the city name. When You change city name, it repeats itself for the next city.:thumbsup: Very interesting problem. I will look into the matter as soon as I get a chance and try to see how it occurs. I honestly, never expanded my lands to have that many cities so far. At some point I am planning to add new cities to the list, and will test each one of them to avoid similar bugs. Thank you for the feedback. :)

Turcos
Jan 06, 2006, 07:45 PM
I created a Turkish civ myself here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=143865 and I've used many ideas of this thread as civilopedia entry, idea for the second leader and others. I'm posting to say thanks!!!
I'm posting to offer help too: I did a 3d LH, static, for Sultan Selim I, in case it interest to the creators of this Turkish Civ, just download my file to get the *.dds files necessary for this LHs. :D And I'll create a 3d model for President Ataturk too, u can use in this mod if u want ;) I'll create this new model soon.

I expect I can help u and thanks for help me :)

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/4875/turks017et.jpg
hey dude!It's really good as a graphic but the background and his clothes is not like Turkish or Ottoman.Neither Turkey nor Ottoman Empire was an Arabic country.It looks like an Arabic or Indian leader and his country. If you change the background and leader will be so happy cause Its not like Turkish.You should know but thats not your fault all europe knows Turkish people and the country completely different. Thankss ;)

jeriko one
Jan 07, 2006, 03:10 AM
Although I do not have Civ4 it is great to see such good work. Keep them coming Tunch Khan.

BTW, I agree with you on the Turkish and Ottoman debate. I always preferred calling the civ turkish

Tunch Khan
Jan 07, 2006, 10:02 AM
hey dude!It's really good as a graphic but the background and his clothes is not like Turkish or Ottoman.Neither Turkey nor Ottoman Empire was an Arabic country.It looks like an Arabic or Indian leader and his country. If you change the background and leader will be so happy cause Its not like Turkish.You should know but thats not your fault all europe knows Turkish people and the country completely different. Thankss ;) You are on the wrong thread my friend. That's CivArmy's Mod.

Tunch Khan
Jan 12, 2006, 11:14 AM
Sorry I haven't been updating the mod recently, but work got in the way. :) I'll probably be free for additional cities and Roxalena within a week or two.

turk136
Jan 17, 2006, 03:34 PM
Excellent work, keep going :D neyse biraz da turkce konusayim guzel olmus :D
NE MUTLU TURKUM DIYENE bide orda yukarda yanlis yapmissin osmanlilar avrupada yokdular fln diyene soyluyorum biz viyana ya kadar ordaydik be.
ATATURK IS IN EVERYWHERE,
Who can say negative something about ATATURK?

LAnkou
Jan 17, 2006, 04:42 PM
i'm not sure that everything had been translated...

or else i miss a point there

Shqype
Jan 17, 2006, 04:51 PM
I read that Ataturk was actually half Albanian and half Macedonian Slav ... is this true?

Shqype
Jan 17, 2006, 04:56 PM
PS - I am extremely interested in this sentence:
NE MUTLU TURKUM DIYENE bide orda yukarda yanlis yapmissin osmanlilar avrupada yokdular fln diyene soyluyorum biz viyana ya kadar ordaydik be.
Perhaps you can do me a favor and tell me if the bolded words are verbs or not?

turk136
Jan 18, 2006, 01:07 AM
:D I dont know well english but
NE MUTLU TURKUM DIYENE:What a nice say, i am TURKISH (i am not sure) :D
Osmanlilar:OTTOMANS
yoktular(yokdular):THEY HAVE NOT BEEN
kadar:UNTIL

turk136
Jan 18, 2006, 01:12 AM
I read that Ataturk was actually half Albanian and half Macedonian Slav ... is this true?
FALSE :D,
He born in Selanik(1881), He dead in Istanbul Dolmabahce(1938),
HE was biggest man on the world

Shqype
Jan 18, 2006, 01:23 AM
Must have been a bad joke then. I read a biography of him, he seemed like a good man and a great leader for Turkey: http://www.ataturk.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=43

Perhaps Tunch Khan can tell me about Turkish verbs ... and if there is any significanse of the "ar" endings in those verbs..

turk136
Jan 18, 2006, 01:42 AM
[QUOTE=Shqype]Must have been a bad joke then. I read a biography of him, he seemed like a good man and a great leader for Turkey: http://www.ataturk.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=43
[QUOTE]
OK you are right

and NOT "ar"
did you mean "lar" :D

TURKISH ENGLISH
LAR,LER : S, ES
DU,TU,DI : ED

YOK-DU-LAR

KADAR : UNTIL
This sentence have no an additions
KA-DAR
dar: This have no a sence

OSMANLI LAR : OTTOMAN S

did you understand?
not "ar", true: "lar"
lar is a plural additions

for more info:D
mburakaydin24@hotmail.com invite me

Shqype
Jan 18, 2006, 01:47 AM
Yes I understand, thank you for explaining that to me ... so instead of adding "s" at the end for plural additions like in English, you add "lar."

How about your verbs? Like Spanish has "Bailar" "Buscar" "Trabajar" for verbs, with various verb conjugations. Does Turkish have anything like that? Or is this pretty much a Latin trend?

turk136
Jan 18, 2006, 02:01 AM
Turkish little like spanish,

But Turkish more like Azerbaijani

:D

turk136
Jan 18, 2006, 02:06 AM
And,
How old are you?
I am 15 years old.
You?

Shqype
Jan 18, 2006, 02:20 AM
May you live until 115 years of age.

But my age is unimportant.

turk136
Jan 18, 2006, 02:22 AM
:D i want play this game at 800 X 600

fung3
Jan 19, 2006, 06:51 AM

You know what to do then don't you?

Make some yourself :sad:

Alptegin
Jan 19, 2006, 07:21 PM
Tunch, Shqype, and CivArmy, Salam and thanks for your turkish and chechen mods.

I appreciate the hard work you guys have put into it.

Please let me know if I can help in anyway. I still trying to learn how to do art and programming, but I can help with history and research if needed.

Shqype
Jan 19, 2006, 07:35 PM
All I could use for the Chechen mod is Order and Select sounds in the actual Chechen language ... and perhaps custom diplomacy text for Djovkhar Dudaev and Aslan Maskhadov.

menesis
Jan 23, 2006, 05:46 AM
Hi,

The v1.2 download seems to be not working. Could you please check this for me?

Many Thanks,

Menesis

hadar
Jan 23, 2006, 10:30 AM
i like the mod alot, thanx

SHIVAJI
Jan 24, 2006, 06:05 AM
Thnx for the great turk mod.

I am a great fan of turks.

my question is that i have a lost units mod pack

i want to integrate the turk civ and vikings civ in that

how should i go abt it
pls reply

Tunch Khan
Jan 24, 2006, 08:13 PM
Tunch, Shqype, and CivArmy, Salam and thanks for your turkish and chechen mods.

I appreciate the hard work you guys have put into it.

Please let me know if I can help in anyway. I still trying to learn how to do art and programming, but I can help with history and research if needed.
Thanks for the kind words, there's no need for help on my part right now until they release the next level modding tools. Always good to hear people are enjoying playing them as much as we enjoy modding.

Tunch Khan
Jan 24, 2006, 08:18 PM
Hi,

The v1.2 download seems to be not working. Could you please check this for me?

Many Thanks,

Menesis

I am sorry for the late response. It's working right now. Please let me know if you are still experiencing troubles.

Tunch Khan
Jan 26, 2006, 10:22 PM
Thnx for the great turk mod.

I am a great fan of turks.

my question is that i have a lost units mod pack

i want to integrate the turk civ and vikings civ in that

how should i go abt it
pls reply

Beware! There is a way, but it's very long, dark and treacherous. There have been some other fine young adventurers who have walked the path before you, but none of them have returned. They have either failed, or succeded and got so addicted that they choose to stay there. ***It's cursed. Are you sure you want to take your chance? This is your final warning. Send me a pm if you want the directions.

TriMoon
Jan 29, 2006, 06:07 AM
Could you add the turkish national music, so its heard when playing a little bit more zoomed out?
Its rather irritating to hear a non turkish music while playing the turks like this in normal play.

Also could you rename the leader "Mehmet II" to its original name?
I think its like "Fatih Sultan Mehmet" ;) :king:

Oh and i kinda miss the turkish hats on the units also (FEZ) :D
And plz plz Add "Kayseri" in the city names (my hometown lol)

I just LOVE to play turks ehehe:goodjob:

SHIVAJI
Feb 02, 2006, 01:14 PM
Beware! There is a way, but it's very long, dark and treacherous. There have been some other fine young adventurers who have walked the path before you, but none of them have returned. They have either failed, or succeded and got so addicted that they choose to stay there. ***It's cursed. Are you sure you want to take your chance? This is your final warning. Send me a pm if you want the directions.

NAMASKAR|||||

SORRY FOR THE LATE reply

my exams were going on

i would really like your guidance

it would greatly help me as i m planning 2 launch a new version
of INDIAN civ mod
i think me indians in the game r highly underrated

pls pls help me

Tunch Khan
Feb 02, 2006, 05:11 PM
Could you add the turkish national music, so its heard when playing a little bit more zoomed out?
Its rather irritating to hear a non turkish music while playing the turks like this in normal play.

Also could you rename the leader "Mehmet II" to its original name?
I think its like "Fatih Sultan Mehmet" ;) :king:

Oh and i kinda miss the turkish hats on the units also (FEZ) :D
And plz plz Add "Kayseri" in the city names (my hometown lol)

I just LOVE to play turks ehehe:goodjob:

Hello TriMoon,

Kayseri is already on the list. It seems as if you need to build more cities to reach Kayseri.

There's no way I can skin a unit to make it appear like a fez with the current edition. With the release of the next mod, us modders will have a better chance at improving unit graphics.

I would have to change a lot of settings to make the Turkish music appear while zoomed out, and that would interfere with the original game music. You can always copy the Turkish ones i've included to your playlist and listen while playing.

Mehmet II is the original name of the Turkish leader. Sultan is one of the titles he uses and Fatih (the Conqueror) is the nickname he earned after the conquest of Constantinople. He also used other titles such as Roman Casear (Rum Kayseri) meaning Roman Emperor after the death of the last Roman Emperor Constantine XI during the fall of Constantinople.

Tunch Khan
Feb 02, 2006, 05:15 PM
NAMASKAR|||||

SORRY FOR THE LATE reply

my exams were going on

i would really like your guidance

it would greatly help me as i m planning 2 launch a new version
of INDIAN civ mod
i think me indians in the game r highly underrated

pls pls help me

I have sent you a PM, check your inbox.

TribeTime26
Feb 03, 2006, 03:56 PM
This looks perfect if we have a CivArmy LH!

Tunch Khan
Feb 24, 2006, 06:05 AM
This looks perfect if we have a CivArmy LH!

CivArmy has his own Turkish Mod with his nicely done LH graphics. Since they are both still images at this point, I prefer the original paintings of the leaders which add to the ancient feeling. However, this is plainly personal and I am sure CivArmy would be happy if you used his LH's. :) You can download both mods and change the LH graphics according to your own taste.

Ceritoglu
Feb 26, 2006, 06:41 PM
Muhteşem bir mod için teşekkür ederim!

I was distraught with the lack of a Turkish Civ on Civ4 and I'm proud a fellow Turk has risen to the challenge of creating a Turkish Mod. I'm about to download the Mod and I'll let you know what I think of it (I'll only be able to play it tomorrow, I need some shut eye at the moment). Keep up the good work!

MemZ
Feb 28, 2006, 12:40 PM
Kemal Sunal? LOL........

Annoyed me a bit...but I guess it's hard to find suitable Turkish sounds......

Laughed a lot though......(contradiction......I experienced it so what's the problem....)

MemZ
Feb 28, 2006, 01:06 PM
HOWEVER....I thoroughly enjoyed everything else and I hope the development of this MOD is continuing.....

About the Ottoman and Turk discussion.....

Yes, the Ottoman Empire is similar in concept to the (xxx) Dynasty concept you have in ancient Egypt and then in China.....they were Egyptians and Chineese then as the Turks were always Turks (you can check Dedem Korkut Hikayeleri (not sure what it's called in English) which is about myths and legends of Turks in tribal times "before" the Ottoman Empire). Although the Turkish Republic is a continuation of the Ottoman Empire there is a slight diffrence in the cultural and religious values(in theory).

The Turks are a "totally" different culture from Arabs and should never be confused.

Well done to the work on the MOD......Will there be more? (No more Kemal Sunal.....pleeeaaase!)

narcemdead
Mar 02, 2006, 12:24 AM
What a great idea. Lived and worked in Istanbul for 4 years. great time! Cok tessekurler!

Tunch Khan
Mar 02, 2006, 10:15 AM
Ince yorumlariniz icin ben tesekkur ederim - Thanks for all the nice comments and I'm glad you are enjoying the game. :) About Kemal Sunal; it's not that you are hearing his comment all the time, it's supposed to be an Easter Egg kinda thing compared to all the other voice overs and some players find it hilarious (as you have admitted). :) But that's enough flavor for one humble mod.

dusc
Mar 06, 2006, 05:52 AM
Thanks, my brother Tuncer. You you did really good job. I've just downloded your mod. Thanks again for your sharing .

Conquestador
Mar 06, 2006, 02:08 PM
Hello Tunch Khan, i've played your mod and i have enjoyed it a lot.
Since i usually play the game in italian language i've also modified a bit Civ4GameTextInfos_Objects.Xml to make the turkish empire appear in the quickstart menu. It worked fine but of course civilipedia entry were in english.
If you are interested i can send to you the modified part.

Tunch Khan
Mar 07, 2006, 12:43 AM
That would be very kind of you. If you can send me a PM, I will reply with my contact information and I will include your work in my next update. Grazie mille for your interest and contribution. :)

Ernei
Mar 18, 2006, 07:03 PM
Somebody knows how can I put the turkish civilization in the Earth Map that comes with the game?:confused:

Tunch Khan
Mar 18, 2006, 10:28 PM
Somebody knows how can I put the turkish civilization in the Earth Map that comes with the game?:confused:
You may want to overwrite your original files at your own risk. I did that myself and the game works fine with Turks on any other scenario; but again, i am used to modding. This is the easiest way that i know. There might be other options too; just be sure to back up your original CivIV files before you start altering them. Good luck.

tegororn
Mar 19, 2006, 08:34 AM
Merhaba,

I've played and enjoyed it a lot.Thank you for the great job.

By the way your mod had been given in a free Cd which comes with the Level Magazine

You're famous now.

Take care

Tunch Khan
Mar 19, 2006, 05:34 PM
Merhaba,

I've played and enjoyed it a lot.Thank you for the great job.

By the way your mod had been given in a free Cd which comes with the Level Magazine

You're famous now.

Take care

Merhaba tegororn,

I'm very pleased that you enjoyed the mod and also thanks for the news. :) It's been a long time I haven't checked that magazine since they don't market it here in the USA. I checked their online pages and forums and it's good to see that they are keeping an eye on all details. I felt happy to see my humble mod being featured there.:blush:

riskbreaker86
Mar 22, 2006, 04:40 PM
teşekkür ederiz, her şey çok güzel! ama, ankaradayim - odtü'da ders çalışıyorum...şöyle.. CivIV çalmıyorum :( offff, yani ingiltere'de ağustos'tan önce dönüyorum:-D civIV ozluyorum! when i get back i will load your mod for sure, although i await the expansion, and am hoping the Turks are included! çok sağol. kolay gelsin.

Tunch Khan
Mar 22, 2006, 05:27 PM
teşekkür ederiz, her şey çok güzel! ama, ankaradayim - odtü'da ders çalışıyorum...şöyle.. CivIV çalmıyorum :( offff, yani ingiltere'de ağustos'tan önce dönüyorum:-D civIV ozluyorum! when i get back i will load your mod for sure, although i await the expansion, and am hoping the Turks are included! çok sağol. kolay gelsin.

Thank you so much for the flattery, :) we all do our best... :goodjob:
Cross your fingers for the expansion, according to some of my reliable sources the Turks will be a part of the next expansion, but we'll see that when the time comes...

Sorry you can't play the mod at the moment, keep your expectations high and your grades low... oops or the other way around... lol, you're an ODTU student, you'll be able to figure it out by yourself. (I've had my fair share of ODTU peeps in my life, lol):blush:

Tunch Khan
Apr 14, 2006, 07:05 PM
Please let me know if anyone is having problems with the mod with the latest Civ patch.

spider_hip
Apr 15, 2006, 03:03 AM
Süpersin Tunch Khan ..:) İyi bir mod gerçekten..

Well done Tunch Khan .. :). It's a great mod for sure.. Thank you for all your work.

Tunch Khan
Apr 16, 2006, 09:13 PM
Süpersin Tunch Khan ..:) İyi bir mod gerçekten..

Well done Tunch Khan .. :). It's a great mod for sure.. Thank you for all your work. Cok tesekkur ederim :) What can i say, I just happen to enjoy modding more than playing, that's it. In fact the new version is ready but not yet compatible with the latest CivIV patch. I need to fix and tweak a few lines and test more i suppose... :(

Tunch Khan
Apr 16, 2006, 10:26 PM
Just finished testing for compatiblity and so far it seems as if the mod is running smooth on Civ4 Patch v1.61. Please let me know if you run into any problems or abnormal feature. Also any feedback is welcome especially on how the new traits for Sipahi behave in gameplay. Enjoy playing as Hurrem. :)

Turkish Mod v.1.3 (05/16/2006)
Features:

- Hurrem Sultan added as new leader
- New cities added
- Sipahi is now cheaper, faster but not as strong, has a bonus on city attack
- Entries in French, German, Italian and Spanish added for Turkish Civ in text files (credit for Italian goes to Antonio - AKA Conquestador)
- Turkish flag tweaked

A_Turkish_Guy
Apr 17, 2006, 01:08 PM
that is a great mod.:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Türkiye seninle gurur duyuyor.:D

Tunch Khan
Apr 17, 2006, 07:12 PM
that is a great mod.:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Türkiye seninle gurur duyuyor.:D

mmmm....:blush: :blush: :blush: bu mod da benim Susurluk'um yane. ;) Thanks so much, i hope you enjoy playing....

btw; how do you like Oblivion so far?

A_Turkish_Guy
Apr 18, 2006, 12:00 PM
btw; how do you like Oblivion so far?

idare eder.manyak büyük bi haritası var..cooool.:D :D

Tunch Khan
Apr 21, 2006, 10:00 AM
idare eder.manyak büyük bi haritası var..cooool.:D :DI'll have to check it out sometime then. But the reviews are not so crazy about it, they say the quests are repetitive.

Ancyrean
Apr 23, 2006, 09:23 AM
Congratulations for a job superbly done! Thanks for your time and dedicated effort, your mod truly fills a gap in this game! :goodjob: :D

Çabalarınız için samimi tebrikler ve teşekkürler, çok iyi bir çalışma olmuş, elinize sağlık! :D

One small glitch though: When I build the Sipahi unit, the unit icon is blank-pink and an exclamation mark on the city build bar appears during the production. Also, the text for communism appears as TXT_KEY_TECH_UTOPIA and the text for Forbidden Palace TXT_KEY_BUILDING_GREAT PALACE, . Is there a way to fix this?

One final nitpick is that although Sipahi is now Knight-Class, it's mentioned as Horse-Archer class on the opening screen before the game starts.

Thanks once again for your excellent work!

Tunch Khan
Apr 27, 2006, 11:55 PM
Congratulations for a job superbly done! Thanks for your time and dedicated effort, your mod truly fills a gap in this game! :goodjob: :D

Çabalarınız için samimi tebrikler ve teşekkürler, çok iyi bir çalışma olmuş, elinize sağlık! :D

One small glitch though: When I build the Sipahi unit, the unit icon is blank-pink and an exclamation mark on the city build bar appears during the production. Also, the text for communism appears as TXT_KEY_TECH_UTOPIA and the text for Forbidden Palace TXT_KEY_BUILDING_GREAT PALACE, . Is there a way to fix this?

One final nitpick is that although Sipahi is now Knight-Class, it's mentioned as Horse-Archer class on the opening screen before the game starts.

Thanks once again for your excellent work!

Thank you so much for the nice comments and much needed feedback. The glitch about the Sipahi unit might be related to a graphic card issue or perhaps something related to the latest version. I will further test the unit on different computers as soon as i get a chance and try to find out the reason.

About the Utopia and Great Palace texts, they are both new features added by the Civilization official patch Civ4 Patch v.1.61 and it's either you are using an older version or i have to add them manually. I had to change those names to avoid an error message at the start of the game (after the new patch). I will be able to answer to this question soon, and if necessary update my version. Again, thanks for the info.

I know the horse archer/knight issue, but i haven't found out the reason yet. I'm sure it's in a line i haven't checked yet. I will try to look more carefully again.

Thanks once more, and I hope you'll enjoy the mod more as soon as I address these issues.

hacettepeli
Apr 28, 2006, 03:58 PM
selam arkadaslar ben bu 1.61 sürümünü yükledikten sonra oynayamıyorum crack yapmam gerekiyo fakat cd lerim yanımda değil yardım edebilirmisiniz tesekkürler

A_Turkish_Guy
Apr 29, 2006, 11:35 AM
selam arkadaslar ben bu 1.61 sürümünü yükledikten sonra oynayamıyorum crack yapmam gerekiyo fakat cd lerim yanımda değil yardım edebilirmisiniz tesekkürler

you dont need to do that.i thimk you are making a mistake about the install.:D Bu arada sadece türkçe yazarsan olmas.arada ingilizce yazmalısın.:D :lol:

Tunch Khan
May 12, 2006, 09:31 PM
selam arkadaslar ben bu 1.61 sürümünü yükledikten sonra oynayamıyorum crack yapmam gerekiyo fakat cd lerim yanımda değil yardım edebilirmisiniz tesekkürlerI'm sorry but that's beyond my field. Good luck tho.

hatuzun
May 13, 2006, 07:21 AM
oyunu aldıktan sonra yüklediğim ilk MOD olacak şuan indiriyorum,Tebrikler

Great Job!!!:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

A_Turkish_Guy
May 13, 2006, 12:40 PM
it is always good to see Türks around.:Ç

Tunch Khan
May 21, 2006, 01:28 PM
oyunu aldıktan sonra yüklediğim ilk MOD olacak şuan indiriyorum,Tebrikler

Great Job!!!:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:Thanks for the comments, and enjoy the mod. :)

bLk-LaBeL
Jun 01, 2006, 05:17 AM
thanks guys for making a Turk mod for Civ 4, keep up the great work :crazyeye: :goodjob:

Ardinius
Jun 01, 2006, 11:16 PM
Bende Oynadim bu modu, cok guzel olmus. Keep up the good work!

Acaba bu forumlarda kac tane turk var...

-Ardinius

K-HAN
Jun 03, 2006, 04:15 PM
:goodjob: ..Actually i had thanked before you tunch khan..but its not problem for me..ıf u will continue to make new things, i can thank everyday :D ..In fact i wanna ask a question about warlords..Probablyi six new civilizations are in new game..I wonder, turks are in these civilizations..?...Herşey için teşekkürler..dünyadaki bütün türklere selam..Keşke kendi oyunlarımızı yapıp, ellerin eline bakmasak..Herkesi internette online oynamaya bekliyorum...

mko
Jun 08, 2006, 12:04 PM
fabulous. müthiş olmuş. warlordsda bu kadar iyi olacağını düşünemiyorum. ee türkleri en iyi türkler yapar :goodjob:
si vis pacem para bellum

spider_hip
Jun 12, 2006, 09:55 AM
Hi Tunch Khan. I wanna ask you something , something that makes me crazy for an hour :).. I wonder name of of the song which plays in game when I choose Turkey for a playable civ at the start of game..I know that song already but I couldn't remember the name of that song. :) And It made me crazy :) lol

If you know and reply , I will be appriacite ..Thank you .. (I had already thanked for the mod before :) )

In Turkish

Selam Tunch Khan.Sana birşey sormak istiyorum. Beni son bi saattir deli eden birşey :)..Oyunda Türkleri seçtiğimiz zaman oyunun başında çalan şarkının adını merak ediyorum..Zaten parçayı daha önceden biliyorum, ama adını hatırlayamadım.. :) Ve de bu beni deli etti :) ehueh

In English: Reason of my ask :D

erm, simple:, I liked it, and I wanna listen it.. :D

In Turkish: Sormamın nedeni :D

Şimdi ne işin gücün var o şarkıyla falan diyebilirsin tabi ama, ordaki o çalınış tarzı çok hoşuma gitti ve de bir anda içimden o şarkıyı bulup tam olarak indirmek geldide, ondan rahatsız ettim :) ...

Edit:Ok. Nevermind. :) I found it. Levent Yüksel - İstanbul is the name of that song. Thank you anyway :=)

Tunch Khan
Jul 07, 2006, 04:30 PM
fabulous. müthiş olmuş. warlordsda bu kadar iyi olacağını düşünemiyorum. ee türkleri en iyi türkler yapar :goodjob:
si vis pacem para bellumThank you so much for the sweet comments. :)

K-HAN
Jul 08, 2006, 05:12 AM
i saw a graphic modpacks in creation and customization part.Amra's animated leaderdeads are very good.Can we create turks' leaderheads with this program?In additon, maybe we can create our wonders.for example pamukkale,anitkabir,efes,topkapı sarayı...

Tunch Khan
Jul 08, 2006, 03:18 PM
i saw a graphic modpacks in creation and customization part.Amra's animated leaderdeads are very good.Can we create turks' leaderheads with this program?In additon, maybe we can create our wonders.for example pamukkale,anitkabir,efes,topkapı sarayı...I am not particularly good with animated leaderheads, but I'd be happy to include them in this mod if you or anyone else can.

raist1907
Jul 09, 2006, 06:55 PM
Öncelikle Tunch Khan yaptıkların için çok saol.
This is the first mod I downloaded. I have a question.
I read 12 pages and there is another things for download. Is the patch 1.3 latest? In this the leader figures are in 2D but in forum I saw in smth like 3D.
Briefly I add the patch 1.3
should ı have to add anything?

ayrıca hacettepeli slm'lar. bölüm ne?

Tunch Khan
Jul 12, 2006, 09:37 AM
Öncelikle Tunch Khan yaptıkların için çok saol.
This is the first mod I downloaded. I have a question.
I read 12 pages and there is another things for download. Is the patch 1.3 latest? In this the leader figures are in 2D but in forum I saw in smth like 3D.
Briefly I add the patch 1.3
should ı have to add anything?

ayrıca hacettepeli slm'lar. bölüm ne?Hello Navyblue&Yellow,

The latest patch for Civ4 is v.1.61 which you can download from here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=166928). As per the Turkish Mod, yes v.1.3 is the latest one so far. I'm afraid I haven't proceeded to the 3-D models yet, but if you'd like to help me out, please feel free to create 3-D leaderheads which we can use here. Good luck... :)

Tunch Khan
Jul 29, 2006, 06:29 PM
Greetings fellow Civfanatics,

It has been 9 months since I have created this Turkish MOD which was the first mod ever to be created for Civilization IV and tens of thousands of fans have downloaded my Mod from this thread, more have accessed it through other inclusive mods which Turkish MOD was a part of and it has also been offered in a bonus CD which came with a PC Games magazine. Turkish MOD has since been an example to set the standard and an inspiration for other modders to create their own nation-mods. There has been numerous new releases and with every new mod created by various modders the overall quality and the playability of the game improved.

All this time, I have tried to update the mod every now and then to match the latest versions, made additions and improvements and provided support through e-mails and private messages.

I am happy to see that most of you have enjoyed playing it, and thank you very much for all of you who have provided feedback which helped me improve the mod further.

This week, Firaxis has finally released their latest expansion pack "Warlords" which includes the Ottomans, which is basicly the name of the Turkish Empire between 1299 and 1922, thus the Turks are now officially IN. This is the dream of every modder coming true with their nation released as an official expansion receiving full Firaxis support and 3-D leaderheads, original Janissary units and furthermore a unique Turkish building; Hammam which replaces aquaduct and gives +2 happiness. :goodjob:

I encourage everyone to check the Turks out at the "Warlords" and enjoy the new civs and features, while I will still keep providing support for the Turkish MOD here for those who enjoy some of the other features, units, sounds, graphics and leaders. Thanks to everyone here once again for encouraging me to go through all the hard work and sleepless nights, and let me tell you one thing; 'It was well worth it, and I enjoyed creating this mod as much as playing it'. :king:

A_Turkish_Guy
Jul 30, 2006, 03:32 AM
perfect..:D

Izmir
Aug 08, 2006, 09:21 PM
Dear Tunch,

It was a great job which you done, many thnax.

Tunch Khan
Sep 19, 2006, 12:22 AM
Dear Tunch,

It was a great job which you done, many thnax.
Thank you so much for all the nice comments here. :king:

vnckobe
Aug 02, 2007, 09:18 AM
A great one, Thanks. :)

civan
Mar 23, 2012, 04:52 AM
thank you

mamba
Mar 23, 2012, 09:17 PM
thank you

Wow, 4.5 years late, that must be a new record ;)