View Full Version : Odd New Gov- Timocracy

FBMan
Jan 06, 2002, 06:43 AM
I saw that some guy had mad a gov called Feudalism. Well, Timocracy is a government that was used mainly at feudal nations. It involves creating a government made up of the largest landowners in the nation.

Here is the info in the file.
Timocratic Government

Author: Iain Forbes
File Info: This file adds the Timocratic government to Civilisation III when the player completes research into Feudalism. It also alters the civilopedia and for that reason a backup is contained in this zip. just extract the zip to your c: or respective drive

Gov Info:
Timocracy, is a form of government originating from Feudal nations. It was adopted by pre-medieval England, whereby the kings would grant their knights control of regions within the country. The system works on the basis that, those with the most land have the largest influence on the functions of government. In a feudal society, this would often mean that the nation was divided into tens or even hundreds of political leaders. This form of government, created a quasi-federalism, wherby each landowner would have some degree of autonomy from their king or prime landowner. However, this government often created tension within nations adopting this political structure since there was never one guiding policy. Citizens would rarely encounter stability, as land often changed hands between the owners.

Corruption and Waste: Problematic
Hurry Method: Pay Citizens
Worker Rate: 2
Assimilation: 15%
Draft Limit: 2
Military Police: 3
War Weariness: Low
Cost/Unit: 1
Free Units Per
Town: 2
City: 4
Metropolis: 8
Immune to Steal Plans

The largest benifit of this government is the "immune to steal palns", since I figured that control of the military would be divided amongst several leaders.

Basically, this gov becomes a war govt like the monarchy but with better Military Police etc.

The cost is citizen loyalty, as the assimilation rate is set at 15%. I figured that this would be the result of a unstable governmental system.

FBMan
Jan 06, 2002, 06:48 AM
here it is

The_Newbie
Jan 07, 2002, 05:10 PM
Actually timocracy is a lot older than that, as Plato talks about it in "The Republic".

grand titan
Jan 08, 2002, 08:03 AM
What is that info on war weariness doing there? I thought that war govs like this had none.:eek:

Troyens
Jan 11, 2002, 06:25 PM
I'm waiting for someone to come up with a government for an Anarcho-Syndacalist Commune next.

:rolleyes:

Optimizer
Jan 13, 2002, 04:11 PM
The cost is citizen loyalty, as the assimilation rate is set at 15%. I figured that this would be the result of a unstable governmental system.

Isn't such a high rate an advantage?

Ad Hominem
Jan 14, 2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Troyens
I'm waiting for someone to come up with a government for an Anarcho-Syndacalist Commune next.

:rolleyes:

That would be me :goodjob:

BTW, it is "Anarcho-syndIcalist Commune", thankyouverymuch...

Suplex_Blitza
Jun 18, 2003, 02:32 PM
Hey good job on the mod its cool!!!!