View Full Version : Length of Terms

Alphawolf
Nov 16, 2005, 04:49 PM
I forgot to add an option. This poll is open. It closes in 5 days.
This poll is non-binding.

-the Wolf

RoboPig
Nov 16, 2005, 06:01 PM
turns, allows for fairer terms. it wouldnt be fair to have your term during christmas or newyears for example. you would loose 7 days if you were elected for december

DaveShack
Nov 16, 2005, 06:27 PM
Why are we having another vote on this? The other one came down pretty strongly in favor of months.

CivGeneral
Nov 16, 2005, 06:28 PM
Why are we having another vote on this? The other one came down pretty strongly in favor of months.
Agree, as in the other poll, I am still sticking with Month terms.

Alphawolf
Nov 16, 2005, 06:51 PM

Because several people who voted for months PMed me to say they would have voted for both if it was an option; enough that the data on the first one would have been skewed. Anyway the first doesn't close until Friday and this one closes Monday, so it's only open three more days.

-the Wolf

Slim_Chance
Nov 17, 2005, 03:25 PM
I don't think you should have listened to those PMs Alpha, you may have created a new poll but they didn't listen to it.

Old Man

Pegasus_wings
Nov 17, 2005, 04:01 PM
Yeah Alpha, I think you've been had.

Alphawolf
Nov 17, 2005, 05:55 PM
I will continue to think the best of them until, the poll closes and if them haven't voted by then... Then I'll be[pissed].

-the Wolf

RegentMan
Nov 17, 2005, 08:57 PM
turns, allows for fairer terms. it wouldnt be fair to have your term during christmas or newyears for example. you would loose 7 days if you were elected for december
And it wouldn't be fair for your term to be over in three days when the DP steamrolls ahead.

Man'O'Action
Nov 17, 2005, 09:59 PM
I think Alphawolf did the right thing with this second poll. The turn&time limit is theory that should be tested. The possibility of rushed game play is worrisome to me.

Man'O'Action
Nov 17, 2005, 10:03 PM
Ha! Like a dork I posted before voting only to find out that I seem to be the only one in support of it at this stage. :mischief:

Well.... This is awkward...

*whew*

I guess... I guess I'll just be going then.

*sheepishly exits, stage right*

Alphawolf
Nov 18, 2005, 12:13 AM
There is something to be said for the courage of the dissenting minority.

-the Wolf

CivGeneral
Nov 18, 2005, 06:43 PM
I think Alphawolf did the right thing with this second poll. The turn&time limit is theory that should be tested. The possibility of rushed game play is worrisome to me.
It has been tried in the Multisite Demogames. Its more appropreate to have turn terms when playing a multiplayer demogame via PBEM. Month based terms are more appropreate for a singleplayer demogame.

Ginger_Ale
Nov 18, 2005, 06:46 PM
Why is it more appropriate for MP but not SP? I see no difference.

I'm not going to vote on this one - months won on the other one, and I don't want to stop the majority from getting their way. Months worked in the past, it will work now, it would just be fun to try something new. But I didn't see the need for this poll.

CivGeneral
Nov 18, 2005, 06:53 PM
Why is it more appropriate for MP but not SP? I see no difference.

Speeking from experiance, A turn term length would be quite boring and citizens will eventualy lose interest in the game because the elections are 2 or 3 months away. Turn term lengths are also prone to abuse since the President (If we place the DP responsibility solely on him and the CoC) would be scedualing a play of the save each weak and thus pushes the next term 4-5 months down the road.

Ginger_Ale
Nov 18, 2005, 06:55 PM
You are speaking from experience in a SP DG ... yet it has only been done in a Multi-Site DG? Huh?

We can choose a # of turns so that it is relative to a month. We don't know for a fact the Pres. will schedule TCs (if we even do TCs) a week a part; if he does, we can once again scale the # of turns so it evens out. This isn't set in stone yet.

CivGeneral
Nov 18, 2005, 06:58 PM
You are speaking from experience in a SP DG ... yet it has only been done in a Multi-Site DG? Huh?
You forget that I was also in the Multi-Site Demogame for both PTW and C3C versions and speeking from experiance in those. :p

Knightlancer
Nov 20, 2005, 02:29 PM
I'm pretty sure the months have it.

-KL

CaliSurfer
Nov 20, 2005, 02:55 PM
Ha! Like a dork I posted before voting only to find out that I seem to be the only one in support of it

Not any more. ;)