View Full Version : Play the Celts

LAnkou
Nov 17, 2005, 12:15 AM
V1.02: add sounds for leaders + graphic work (Thanks Jecrell)+ animated LH for vercingetorix

V1.01: Vanilla 1.00 + Color patch + animated leaderhead for Brian Boru

Celts
Tech: Hunting, Mysticism
UU: Gaelic warrior (axeman with +50% against melee unit for an overall bonus of 100%)

Leaders:
Brian Boru - Aggressive and financial, favors Organized Religion
Vercingetorix - Organized and Financial, favors Mercantilism
Boadicea - Aggressive and spiritual, favors vassalage

Animated Leaderheads
Flag with Triskell
UU skinned
Pedia completed in english

post your comments and suggestions

Load, install in your mods directory
http://www.filegone.com/929r

KabeDerlin
Nov 17, 2005, 12:21 AM
Can we get a few screen shots?

LAnkou
Nov 17, 2005, 01:51 AM
as soon as asked

bad_ronald
Nov 17, 2005, 02:12 AM
Nice work, LAnkou. I suggest tidying up the flag a bit, though, the symbol is getting stretched out too much. Try making the symbol much smaller (say half the current size), then center it :) .

Tactician Zhao
Nov 17, 2005, 03:55 AM
not sure if you're interested, but in mod I made for the celts/Eire (never really finished it for nitpicking reasons) I used a celtic cross for one of the flags that I thought looked pretty nice.. its nothing special though, really.. if you wanted to include it as an alternative flag or something I'd be glad to post it

either way, great work, LAnkou

edit: image removed, purpose served

LAnkou
Nov 17, 2005, 06:38 AM
well, i don't know how to propose alternative flag without a specific patch, gonna see through this when i will have time...

for the Triskell size, i will try to do something

woodelf
Nov 17, 2005, 06:53 AM
Nice work L'Ankou. I've always loved playing the Celts. Are you going to eventually combine your mods into a Pak?

LAnkou
Nov 17, 2005, 07:00 AM
ok in the patch there is a better flag

for the combine mod, i see you've read my post in this thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=141159&page=2

Junuxx
Nov 17, 2005, 07:55 AM
Nice work L'Ankou!

Maybe Boadicea as a third leader?

@Tactician Zhao:
Uhm, Dubh Linn was a Viking settlement, definitely not a Celtic one. If you want to include Dublin, call it Ath Cliath :)

woodelf
Nov 17, 2005, 08:00 AM
RXFT8 (or something like that :D) made some beautiful LHs for his Anno Domino Civ3 Mod. Look there for a great female Celt LH.

Tactician Zhao
Nov 17, 2005, 08:16 AM
@Tactician Zhao:
Uhm, Dubh Linn was a Viking settlement, definitely not a Celtic one. If you want to include Dublin, call it Ath Cliath :)

well, I'm not going to argue with you on this, and this is one reason I would not proceed with my celt mod.. but the true name of Bhaile Átha Cliath is too long, unfortunately.. that screen is from halfway through my conversion to a pure Eire version of the mod as well, so what is an isn't celtic did not concern me at that point

back on topic, I was almost finished with reskinning a leaderhead for Brennus (based off the civ 3 representation) when I decided to go in the pure Eire direction and adopt Boru, and I had little patience left at that point to start aknew, otherwise I'd offer up that work as well.. maybe I will give it a try afterall

Jay I.R.i.R.
Nov 17, 2005, 08:18 AM
Don't you think giving the commando promotion is a little overpowered?
How about woodsman I?

Jay I.R.i.R.
Nov 17, 2005, 08:18 AM
sorry double-post

liam1om
Nov 17, 2005, 09:58 AM
Tactician Zhao, if you could make that Eire mod then I would have your babies.

Even though I'm a bloke!

Tactician Zhao
Nov 17, 2005, 12:12 PM
Tactician Zhao, if you could make that Eire mod then I would have your babies.

Even though I'm a bloke!

Sure, I can finish it up if someone actually desires it other than myself.. will see if I can get it posted after work

PS - your first born will suffice, in that case :lol:

Haarbal
Nov 17, 2005, 02:06 PM
i like the symbol on the flag, but shouldn't you make it a bit smaller so the complete symbol is on it

1c0n
Nov 17, 2005, 02:16 PM
nice work im gonna try it
celt and canada mods are all i need :P
also, does this one work with the realism mod?

LAnkou
Nov 17, 2005, 04:56 PM
@haarbal:
i made the symbol smaller, but i didn't change the pictures yet

@1c0n:
i don't think it work with the realism mod, if the modder didn't include it...

1c0n
Nov 18, 2005, 03:35 AM
i installed it to ***\***customasset\celts\ and no lucky
i wanted to add, i did the same with the canada mod ***\***\customassets\can\
and that one works

please help this mod sounds fun

LAnkou
Nov 18, 2005, 06:45 AM
you have to install it to Program Files/Firaxis Game/Civilization 4/Mods/Celts

just look in the first post...

LAnkou
Nov 18, 2005, 02:19 PM
ok, this is what i'm currently working on: animated leaders!!!

since i can't create one of my own, i decided to skin existing ones...

I need a "warrior-like" leaders, so i will make a skin from Genghis for Brian Boru, just wonder who i choose choose for Vercingetorix...

here is my work on genghis, please post your comments and questions. I will try to do my best to get a proper animated celt leader...

LAnkou
Nov 18, 2005, 03:01 PM
V1.01: Vanilla 1.00 + Color patch + animated leaderhead for Brian Boru

LAnkou
Nov 20, 2005, 07:23 PM
I've tried something with vercingetorix, in the way i did for Brian Boru (from montezuma this time, but i erase the feathers...)

are you interrested in it or do you prefer skinned animated leaderhead?

I'm gonna try to post a screenshot later

Seanirl
Nov 21, 2005, 01:47 PM
Nice work L'Ankou!

@Tactician Zhao:

Áth Cliath actually, if you want to nit-pick on the spelling, that and Éire instead of Eire :mischief: Nobody ever seems to spell that right :p. Nice mod though, it should be interesting until hopefully the Celts are added in an expansion :goodjob:

Quinzy
Nov 21, 2005, 02:07 PM
God i love our language... :) fada's and all......
well done on this civ though. top marks :goodjob:

LAnkou
Nov 21, 2005, 04:25 PM
there is a screenshot of the new vercingetorix in the Superciv Thread...

Tell me how you find him...

Takvorian
Nov 22, 2005, 09:33 AM
Sure, I can finish it up if someone actually desires it other than myself.. will see if I can get it posted after work

well.. i actually desire it... :goodjob:

tirnaog
Nov 22, 2005, 03:32 PM
Gona try this celtic one when I get home.
But would also love to see that Eire one.

:)

Sadistik
Nov 22, 2005, 03:34 PM
Gona try this celtic one when I get home.
But would also love to see that Eire one.

:)

Well, if no one else does, I'll do it, but there will be an Eire civ no matter what. ;)

Sol_star
Nov 24, 2005, 03:12 AM

I was just going to say the same thing. Civ seems lacking in Female leaders...
Heh, I'm tempted to make an Amazon civilization just to even things out...

Sadistik
Nov 24, 2005, 02:18 PM
I was just going to say the same thing. Civ seems lacking in Female leaders...
Heh, I'm tempted to make an Amazon civilization just to even things out...

Do ya really think so? They have a stranglehold on England and Spain, they have Russia, and Egypt.

5/36 is very good considering how very few of the total monarchs in history were actually female. If there could have been a female leader, it seems like Firaxis went with it... With the exception of adding Baroness Thatcher or Empress Matilda to be a (third!) female leader for England, or Jean d'Arc -again- for France ;)

It's kind of hard to go with a female leader for states like Germany, Mongolia, USA, the Aztecs or Greece where no such persons existed.

I think that since LAnkou is also the one behind the SuperMod and is (if I recall correctly) considering an Irish Civ, that one could perhaps replace Boru with Boudicca and make the Celts a completely ancient civ. :) A pairing of, say, Boru and Michael Collins sounds much more practical anyway.

Yours,

Sadistik

liam1om
Nov 25, 2005, 10:14 AM
I cant seem to get this working. I've installed the mod but "Celts" never come up a a civilization to pick??

What should I do?

Quinzy
Nov 25, 2005, 10:37 AM
ahem: celtic/irish QUEEN: Maeve (Meabh) queen of connaught. buried in co. sligo (half hours drive from where i am).
celtic/irish president: mary McAleese. or even Mary Robinson

woodelf
Nov 25, 2005, 10:51 AM
I totally agree on Maeve.

liam1om
Nov 25, 2005, 11:35 AM
Anyone else having problems playing this? I cant select celts?

woodelf
Nov 25, 2005, 12:52 PM
I've played since the patch and it's working fine for me. Did you select Load a Mod and then select the Celts from the choices of mods installed?

liam1om
Nov 25, 2005, 01:20 PM
Yes thats what I did then it says it has to restart the program but the celts dont appear in the civilization list.

woodelf
Nov 25, 2005, 03:36 PM
Can you select either of the Leaders when you customize a game? If you can select the Celt mod and it restarts with that data I'm not sure what could be happening. Sorry.

Dracleath
Nov 27, 2005, 11:50 AM
Have you thought about using the hypsasist as a base for the gaelic warrior rather than the axeman? I have trouble telling the GW apart from just any normal axeman.

kingangel1026
Nov 30, 2005, 08:48 AM
:eek: :lol: :cry: :rolleyes: :crazyeye:i Am The King :eek: :lol: :cry: :rolleyes: :crazyeye:

Stop the spamming. Any future spam posts will just be deleted. In case you do not see this warning, I've also sent you a PM.

LAnkou
Nov 30, 2005, 09:30 AM
ok V1.02 is up

see first post to see the changes

LAnkou
Dec 01, 2005, 09:44 AM
Ok next version will see:

specific mindset for the leaders
another leader: Boadicea? Maeve?

so i need help: what should be the mindset of BB and Vercing? what should be the traits and civic if the third leader?

Quinzy
Dec 01, 2005, 09:58 AM
hmmm.. being west-irish i want to say Maeve, but Boudicea is more historically important... im torn!
ok, ok, Meave :)

woodelf
Dec 08, 2005, 06:10 AM
New Highlander Skin by Hunter located here L'Ankou:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=134956&page=2

Would look good as a UU I think for some flavour. :)

Rushster
Dec 13, 2005, 04:29 AM
Going to check this out nbeoing a Scot :p nice work.

LAnkou
Jan 17, 2006, 12:25 PM
V1.03 out
patch 1.52 compatible
new leader: boadicea (aggressive spiritual, favors vassalage)
UU change: +100% bonus against melee unit instead of +50% for regular axeman
plus better civilopedia

the swe man
Jan 30, 2008, 12:30 PM
when i press the link to download some page about a education something come up why doesnt it work for me please help me i really want to play as the celys.

the swe man
when i press the link to download some page about a education something come up why doesnt it work for me please help me i really want to play as the celys.

the swe man

the swe man
Jan 30, 2008, 12:31 PM
when i press the link to download some page about a education something come up why doesnt it work for me please help me i really want to play as the celts.

esnaz
Jan 30, 2008, 03:07 PM
This is a pretty old civ, the download link probably timed out.

troytheface
Jan 31, 2008, 07:33 AM
i was curious about this since there are already Celts in the game. I assumed it was pre-BTS. However, an interesting comparison.
And when swe presses the link to....