View Full Version : [REQ]Trebuchet

Kushan
Nov 22, 2005, 12:48 AM
Is anyone working on a trebuchet siege unit? If not would someone do one for me? I dont have anyway of doing models and skins otherwise I'd do it myself.

Thanks,

Kushan

bhiita
Nov 22, 2005, 03:45 AM
balista and trebuchet are on top of my list :goodjob:

woodelf
Nov 22, 2005, 04:22 AM
Too bad we can't just "borrow" units from the Age of Empires series. That would make modding units a bit easier. ;)

Kushan
Nov 22, 2005, 10:38 AM
lol, if were "borrowing" units, the ones in Rome: Total War would be nice, if you want a wide selection lol. j/k.

I could really use a Trebuchet, I'm working on a Medieval mod and I really dont want to have to have catapults be the only siege unit of the middle ages.

*Note* Sorry devs for posting this in the wrong forum, I really need to learn to read.

Kushan

woodelf
Nov 22, 2005, 12:25 PM
What I did to "make" a Trebuchet was copy the catapult in the CivUnitInfo file and rename one of them UNIT_TREBUCHET in the type line, leaving the unitclass as catapult. I then changed the original catapult to being available in Mathematics and lowered the cost 10 hammers. To the trebuchet I added 10 hammers to the cost and made it do 7 damage. Now I have an earlier siege weapon and a 7 damage siege weapon that actually might win a battle against str 6 defenders.