Dan
TO BE CONTINUED...

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9503/israel057ud.jpg

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/2628/israel045ir.jpg

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/8870/israel023os.jpg

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/9336/israel031kg.jpg

Quinzy
Nov 26, 2005, 12:10 PM
looking good civarmy. macabee was a good choice.

hemeth86
Nov 26, 2005, 01:24 PM
looks good. though I think you should make it also a modern Israel, since you used its flag, so perhaps instead of Solomon you should put Ben Gurion?

Sadistik
Nov 26, 2005, 02:28 PM
looks good. though I think you should make it also a modern Israel, since you used its flag, so perhaps instead of Solomon you should put Ben Gurion?
Ben Gurion? Curious. I would have said Golda Meir. :)

JCricket
Nov 26, 2005, 07:09 PM
Another Isramod?! :crazyeye:
That's great! Proud to be Israeli! :king:
Thanks a lot! I'm gonna test it ASAP! :goodjob:

CivArmy s. 1994
Nov 27, 2005, 07:14 AM
thanks for enjoying!!! :D

CivArmy s. 1994
Dec 01, 2005, 04:53 PM
I've done the second leader, King Solomon, this is the 1st view:

EDITED: old preview deleted

BTW, what should his bonuses and favourite civic be?

Corvex
Dec 01, 2005, 04:56 PM
Theocracy, maybe?
I'm not sure.

Jecrell
Dec 01, 2005, 05:27 PM
I've done the second leader, King Solomon, this is the 1st view:

*Image snipped*

BTW, what should his bonuses and favourite civic be?

Holy... cow...
That picture is awesome.

Although I'm not liking the crown -- where did that design come from?

hIdDeN_eViL
Dec 01, 2005, 09:01 PM
oooooohhhh sooooo many civs to add.... any chance of a single .zip with all your civs? (with xml files merged!)
if so, is it possible that you mark all the changes you've made in xml files so its easier to merge with other mods?
thx

Dracleath
Dec 01, 2005, 10:56 PM
Spiritual/Philosophical favored civic organized religion (he built the temple after all?)

CivArmy s. 1994
Dec 02, 2005, 07:53 AM
Holy... cow...
That picture is awesome.

Although I'm not liking the crown -- where did that design come from?

from here :)

http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/6457/solomon0gp.jpg

oooooohhhh sooooo many civs to add.... any chance of a single .zip with all your civs? (with xml files merged!)
if so, is it possible that you mark all the changes you've made in xml files so its easier to merge with other mods?
thx

Wait for Next Level Mod with my 21 first LHs :D Soon on CFC boarders ;)

Corvex
Dec 02, 2005, 10:49 AM
from here :)

http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/6457/solomon0gp.jpg

Well, that shuts that argument down in a hurry:lol:

lordqarlyn
Dec 03, 2005, 03:59 PM
Hmmm, since Solomon built both the Temple and his magnificent palace, perhaps he should have industrious as one of his traits. Spiritual should probably be the other one, after all we are talking about a king of Israel.

CivArmy s. 1994
Dec 04, 2005, 09:30 AM
new preview here: enjoy!

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/4945/israel011ka.jpg

CivArmy s. 1994
Dec 05, 2005, 04:10 PM
the new version is available to download on post number 01 :D
King Solomon added :)

Koheleth
Dec 05, 2005, 09:45 PM
I hope it's not too late, but Soloman should be Philosophical (Ecclesiastes, Proverbs) and Industrious. Soloman WASN'T particularly spiritual or religious. He built pagan temples for all his 700 wives and 300 concubines.

If I was making the mod (damn I wish I knew how to mod) I would have picked Soloman (Philo & Industrious) and Deborah (Spiritual & Creative). Has everyone forgotten Deborah -- the greatest Judge?

As for a Unique Unit, I don't know if it's moddable, but what about a unit that functions like the Civ II partisans. Or, alternatively, a UU that gains a bonus when attacking/defending within Hebrew territory only.

Hubie
Dec 06, 2005, 04:34 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but does'nt the swordman already have +10% city attack anyways?

CharlieM
Dec 06, 2005, 09:50 PM
I've got the mod working, except that the flag is white ... no Star of David ... any thoughts on why that is?

iamdanthemansta
Dec 07, 2005, 11:27 AM
The macabee might want to have a hill bounus. I like that it's less powerfull then the Patorian. Damn Romans!:)

hajmyis
Dec 07, 2005, 11:34 AM
where do i save this file???

CharlieM
Dec 07, 2005, 11:38 AM
You unzip the file into the "Mods" sub-folder of the game. Then in the Starting Screen, you have to go to Advanced and "Load Mod."

Now... back to my question! Why is it that the flags are white? No color, no symbol. No nothin'.

Thanks. I am loving this mod.

Barak
Dec 07, 2005, 11:46 AM
I've got the mod working, except that the flag is white ... no Star of David ... any thoughts on why that is?

I have encountered this as well. With this and other Civ mods.

Sharule
Dec 08, 2005, 06:22 PM
My only complaint with this mod so far is the use of the star of David. Since this is already the symbol for Judaism, I feel Israel should have a different symbol. Perhaps a Menorah?(That is the official Coat of Arms of Israel.) I think using a Star of David complicates the 'Israel Converts to Taoism' probabilities.

Kaiserguard
Dec 09, 2005, 10:33 AM
Ariks Israel mod use's the Isreali coat of arms as flag, the beauty of CIV 4 is that you easily can copy Ariks Israel flag to CivArmy's Israel mod.

But on the other hand, ain't that India flag based on a hindu symbol or a Mandala?

CharlieM
Dec 09, 2005, 11:11 AM
Kaiserguard, I tried that and it didn't work. I'm still getting a blank flag!

CivArmy s. 1994
Dec 09, 2005, 03:18 PM
Unfortunally I wan't able to solve this flag problem untill now, all the flags work fine here, but not on all the other Civ4 :(
I don't know how to help u right now, sorry :cry:

Hubie
Dec 09, 2005, 07:35 PM
Can someone please explain to me the difference betweent he swordman and the macabee?

CharlieM
Dec 10, 2005, 09:21 AM
Unfortunally I wan't able to solve this flag problem untill now, all the flags work fine here, but not on all the other Civ4 :(
I don't know how to help u right now, sorry :cry:

Please clarify ... what is "here" where the flags work fine, and what is "the other Civ 4"?

CivArmy s. 1994
Dec 10, 2005, 10:05 AM
Please clarify ... what is "here" where the flags work fine, and what is "the other Civ 4"?

As u can see on the previews, the flag works in my Civ4 game :) , but it doesn't work in other Civ4 games, that is your case :(

Can someone please explain to me the difference betweent he swordman and the macabee?

Macabee replaces swordsman and has 2 extra combat points. isn't it wrong on game? :confused:

anjf
Dec 10, 2005, 02:45 PM
I know this is a good mod but now that I got a new comp. I got a problem, sudenly it only accepts a mod when it is ''installed'', so not just any unziped file, I can load the mos then in the game, but nothing changes, so I can load a isreal mod, but there is no difference. Other mods such as a Dutch mod and a Carthaginian mod, which both have the option to be instaled, do work. Has anyone got an idea, how to fix my comp or to instal the unziped files? Or can anyone just make an installation procedure for all mods?

CivArmy s. 1994
Dec 10, 2005, 06:49 PM
I know this is a good mod but now that I got a new comp. I got a problem, sudenly it only accepts a mod when it is ''installed'', so not just any unziped file, I can load the mos then in the game, but nothing changes, so I can load a isreal mod, but there is no difference. Other mods such as a Dutch mod and a Carthaginian mod, which both have the option to be instaled, do work. Has anyone got an idea, how to fix my comp or to instal the unziped files? Or can anyone just make an installation procedure for all mods?

u just need move the folder "Israel" into "mod" folder of your Civ4, then start the game, "advanced", "load a mod" and load "Israel". if u r doing that and it doesn't work, I don't know what is happening :confused:

anjf
Dec 11, 2005, 11:59 AM
u just need move the folder "Israel" into "mod" folder of your Civ4, then start the game, "advanced", "load a mod" and load "Israel". if u r doing that and it doesn't work, I don't know what is happening :confused:

I did it as you said, but it wenn I have loaded the mod, it does says that the mod is loaded but it doesn't sees whats in the mod, if you understand what I mean. But wenn it is installed in one way or another it does sees whats in the mod.:confused: :confused:

alubkin
Dec 14, 2005, 02:12 AM
CivArmy, are you Arik?

but I'm Arik!

Damn name thieves!

Awesome mod... I like the addition of Solomon...

Tomyris
Dec 16, 2005, 02:32 PM
But on the other hand, ain't that India flag based on a hindu symbol or a Mandala?

And just look at the English flag- don't tell me that's not based on a religion!:D

AnarhCassius
Dec 16, 2005, 03:38 PM
8 points with the normal 10% city attack makes it catagorically better than the Roman unique swordsman, the Praetorian. To make it different why not 7 with +20% City Strength, while defending or attacking cities they are stronger than Praetorians but are weaker otherwise. This also helps focus the Macabee on defense.

Innawerkz
Dec 16, 2005, 03:59 PM
If you want a monumental shift in your favour, then put these two traits together in one leader. Think about building Wonders twice as fast, then compunding the points you get with Philosophical. Which gets you more great leaders (imagine Engineer) which you build more wonders with, which compunds more leaders (imagine Engineer) which keeps on keeping on.

Would be great fun to play, but slightly unbalanced if you care. Add your Praetorian dominating UU and you have a lopsided civ. You'd be at deity to find challenge in no time.

I think that may be the reason why these traits were kept separate upon release.

I love the idea though. The Leaderheads are phenomenal and the care has gone in to making it truely fleshed out. Excellent work.

Shalom.

Reagan1984
Dec 17, 2005, 04:39 AM

:confused: Am I supposed to create a folder within the mods sub folder?

Do I unzip the downloaded file and place all of those files into one folder called Isreal? I was just placing all of the files right into the Mod Sub folder.

Can someone please clarify?

Thank you.

generalshake
Dec 19, 2005, 04:34 PM
I have encountered this as well. With this and other Civ mods.

I am also having this problem with the mod. Though this is the first mod I've downloaded so can't say about others. Is there a fix to this problem as it seems to be a problem that I can try?

Just wanted to add that in the Civs description the buttons show the flag fine. It is only the blank white flag on the Units flag and the flag at the bottom of the screen menu. The Carthage mod shows up fine and I've been comparing files trying too see if I could discover what's causing it, but I think it's a bit over my head atm. Help would be great.

Edit : Using the dds editer and setting the alpha to black I was able to get the flag to load. The only problem is now it has a blue tint over it. Half way there, so any advice on getting rid of the tint would be awesome.

CivArmy s. 1994
Dec 23, 2005, 06:36 PM
@Reagan1984: The folder "Israel" will be created when u unzip the file, this folder must be moved into "mod" folder of your Civ4 ;)

@alubkin: No, I'm not Arik :)

@generalshake: Shame on me didn't discovery how to fix the flag problem untill now :blush: , many people told me how fo tix it and I wasn't able to understant how to do that :lol: but I'll continue trying...

Deadxa
Dec 25, 2005, 08:54 AM
very nice, but why 2 kingsfrom the same age? i suggest you to take itzhak rabin, a true man of peace, got murdered, hes the best i can i think of insted of king solomon. you can find tons of pics of him in the net. tell me what you think.

tsuyoshikentsu
Dec 25, 2005, 11:37 PM
Or start with the Guerilla promotion, maybe?

Nice work.

TribeTime26
Dec 28, 2005, 01:24 AM
When will you get animation on the pic?

Torgau
Dec 29, 2005, 01:53 PM
I downloaded the Israeli mod, but when I unzip it, nothing happens. Can someone please tell me hoe to get this mod into the game? Thanks.

CivArmy s. 1994
Dec 29, 2005, 04:54 PM
I downloaded the Israeli mod, but when I unzip it, nothing happens. Can someone please tell me hoe to get this mod into the game? Thanks.

put it into "/Civ4/mods" folder. start the game, go to "advanced" and "load a mod".

When will you get animation on the pic?

when someone create a plug in able to export artworks to NIF format file of the Civ4 models. I know there is a team working to do that but I don't know how they r right now :)

roalan
Jan 13, 2006, 03:11 PM
I unzipped the mod to the mod file and it did map an Israeli folder after you click on load a mod you get a note saying you must reload the game . When this is done I click on advanced -load a mod and the same notice comes up ,this keeps on doing this in an endless circle never loading the game. When I load the mods that come with the game you click on load a scenario and they load. I can not even do this with your mod. What is next?

WrathRaptor
Jul 05, 2006, 01:46 PM
I'm still thinking there should be a modern take on Israel or maybe a blend of leaders one from ancient times and one from modern. I'd really like to see Golda Meir as a leaderhead for Israel.

Noxion
Jul 27, 2006, 12:40 PM
Great! But why are they white?

tlucky4life
Jul 30, 2006, 02:18 PM
/\ no comment

Someone sbould reskin the new Peltast unit, It would make a good graphic fit for macabee? Have you thought about redoing leader trates and making it compadible with warlords?

keldath
Jul 30, 2006, 03:22 PM
I Am Waiting For Sevo To Get His New Version Updated In A Month Or So, Ive Tryed By My Self - But Only Seucceded In My 3uu Standalone - With Isreal.

And Think I Might Over Reacted In The Post Above, This Is Not The Place For Politics.

ainwood
Jul 31, 2006, 04:09 PM
Keldath & Harrifer - stop the flaming & trolling. Posts deleted - warned.

mrkingkong
Aug 31, 2006, 04:41 AM
Hey there. Im interested in your Leaderheads for use in my mod, with your permission of course! Are they animated??

thanks,
mrkingkong

Mayan Raptor
Sep 03, 2006, 08:30 AM
Sorry to nitpick, but why is King David a redhead? I don't know of many light-haired people living in either Palestine or adjacent regions.

sunround
Sep 03, 2006, 08:38 AM
Read the Bible. He has red hair.

Edgecrusher
Sep 03, 2006, 09:07 AM

because the bible is filled with so many truths [/sarcasm]

Actually, the bible had alot of people with red hair, Esal, (Jacob's brother) was one that I remember particually. The bible uses "Red Hair" to illistrate a persons "fire" i.e. pretentions for anger or someone who gets excited easily. If you read the hole story of David, ..... This description fits.

sunround
Sep 03, 2006, 10:47 AM
well, if you have another source, full of facts, not legends, then ok. :)
about your opinion, may be you are right. Who knows.
Actually, Uria, husband of woman which was stealed by king David, was red haired too.:)
ok, another palestinian man, I can recall, was Jesus. :) But don't know real color of hair. Anyway why he is blond in many pictures...

Mayan Raptor
Sep 05, 2006, 05:07 AM

Can you please quote a verse describing him as a redhead? I know he is described as "ruddy" in the First Book of Samuel in King James' edition, but that probably refers to a reddish-brown complexion rather than a reddish hair color.

sunround
Sep 05, 2006, 05:17 AM
There is a description and details of word "ruddy" about king David.
http://www.keyway.ca/htm2002/20020929.htm

I readed bible in my native language (in russian), and there was description like "ginger".
It seems this is all about translations :)

MartinhoMukanga
Sep 07, 2006, 07:05 AM
i think i have the solution for this problem

replace the flag file with this one

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/99299/flagdecal_Israel.rar

Make sure your Civ4ArtDefines_Civilization file has this entry
<CivilizationArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_ISRAEL</Type>
<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Civilizations/Israel.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Civics_Civilizations_Religions_Atlas.dds,5,7</Button>
<Path>Art/Interface/TeamColor/flagdecal_Israel.dds</Path>
<bWhiteFlag>1</bWhiteFlag>
</CivilizationArtInfo>

Mugo
Sep 19, 2006, 07:55 AM
This works for the flag, thanks a lot!
:cool:

Mugo
Sep 19, 2006, 07:56 AM
There seems to be another problem now, the mod doesn't seem to work with the update 1.61...
Any help?

Thanks!

Chuggi
Jan 06, 2007, 12:03 AM
This looks great but I wish it was animated... is there no way to do this with custom models in cIV? or is it just too hard? it may be possible to use your new model with the animations in the game, like one of the other leaders.. ?

EDIT : don't worry, read back through some earlier posts

Verjil
Jan 10, 2007, 10:07 AM
First of all, sorry for the late reply.
This mod looks great, just fantastic.
but as an Israeli I have never heard of most of the cities that you named there, such as "Teman" ??? Teman in Hebrew means "Jemen" :|
May I please know if there is any fix mod or some thing? :)

A_E_Dewey
Jan 14, 2007, 06:39 PM
Any chance to update this pack to work with warlords??? please!

icemanjsg
Jan 15, 2007, 08:18 AM
Any chance to update this pack to work with warlords??? please!

what he said!

troyDoogle7
Jan 15, 2007, 08:44 AM
Will do it for you guys... J I am building an ancient mod once I complete smac mod. Might as well do it now.... Not hard to update at all.

just please let me know some city names if you disagree with any of the names...

I can't seem to extract the file... it keeps coming up with a crc error.. Please upload working version and I will mod it for you guys

Jamius
Jan 16, 2007, 02:47 AM
What about correcting the Israel mod for the new updated patch?

Verjil
Jan 16, 2007, 10:36 AM
For troyDoogle7.
Here you got, cities names:
Jerusalem
Tel Aviv
Haifa
Hebron
Herzliah
Hod Ha'sharon
Holon
Hedera
K'far Saba
Be'er Sheba (or Be'er Sheva)
Natanya
Ramat Gan
Shderot
Jafa (or Yafo Jafo - eventhough today it's Tel Aviv-Jafa)
Ashkelon
Ra'anana
Ramat Ha'sharon
Rishon Le'zion
Eilat
Petah Tikva
Lod
Tiberias
Dimona (where Israel's nuclear silo is)

Those are the modern names :)
hope it's enough.
For more information please look here:
List of cities in Israel by their size (population) - In Hebrew!:

http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D7%A8%D7%A9%D7%99%D7%9E%D7%AA_%D7%A2%D7%A8%D7%99% D7%9D_%D7%91%D7%99%D7%A9%D7%A8%D7%90%D7%9C_%D7%9C% D7%A4%D7%99_%D7%9E%D7%A1%D7%A4%D7%A8_%D7%AA%D7%95% D7%A9%D7%91%D7%99%D7%9D

I don't think you should look on Wikipedia.org because it shows some Arab cities as well, bah...

icemanjsg
Jan 16, 2007, 12:31 PM
I don't like this mod at all wrong choice of leaders and unit. However, Civ Army guy makes the BEST leader heads. Firaxis should hire him lol.

O and the flags wrong.

keldath
Jan 16, 2007, 04:24 PM
icemanjsg

i fixed israel in visamod.
try it out :)

Jamius
Jan 17, 2007, 05:51 AM
I like this mod very well...but when I did the update patch it messed up the mod. Is this mod not new patch compatable?

icemanjsg
Jan 19, 2007, 05:02 AM
icemanjsg

i fixed israel in visamod.
try it out :)

I did try visamod i liked it however, i just want to play a mod that adds Israel to the game. The mod is good but it changes to much for me. v.good mod though thanks for the heads up

blueraider0
Jan 25, 2007, 09:25 PM
I'd say the starting techs ought to be Mysticism and Animal Husbandry (or Farming). I also think the leader choices shouldn't be father and son - seems a bit lame. Maybe replace David with Joshua, Joshua being Aggressive and Imperialistic (thinking in Warlords terms here) with a favorite civic of Nationhood. Or maybe we could go modern and use David Ben-Gurion (Defensive and Expansive?) and have his favorite civic be Representation or Universal Sufferage.

I also agree Solomon works better Philosophical instead of Spiritual, but also perhaps because I A) hate being Spiritual and B) Ramases II is Spi/Ind. And Theocracy? No. Organized Religion 100%. Pacifism if you want to compromise.

The Macabees could be extra hill fighting but the Celts took that. I say make them +15% City defense OR, and I've never mod'd so I don't know if this is feasible, +10% strength and they are made with +1 experience for every city you have ever lost (even if you regained it), +2 if that city was razed, so long as you originally created the city to begin with.

icemanjsg
Jan 28, 2007, 08:22 AM
I'm hoping if people keep posting in the SOMEONE will fix this to include warlords....

Verjil
Feb 08, 2007, 01:33 AM
What is that Visamod you were talking about?

and, please fix the names of the cities... it's kinda annoying to see names like Teman and Kadesh Barna or waht ever :rolleyes:

dbking
Mar 23, 2007, 07:37 AM
one of the best mods!!! thank you very much!

porto_alegre_xP
Mar 24, 2007, 09:13 PM
mr. civ army, can u check your e-mail box please? :0

[MakkabI]
Apr 01, 2007, 09:12 AM
Amazing!!! thanks alot!!! its really awesome...

Btw lists of Israeli cities in english:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Israeli_localities_by_population

and what do you think make a new modern civ for Israel wiv a new tank call Merkava? or special Israeli soldiers eg Mossad or like that... gonna b awesum...

Its da bomb!! thanks alot

Greeting from Australia :)

itallcomescheap
Apr 15, 2007, 08:58 PM
still doesn't work with latest patch :(

Aranor
Apr 15, 2007, 09:11 PM
doesnt surprise me since Civarmy hasnt been modding civ4 for over 18 months.

[MakkabI]
May 04, 2007, 08:41 AM
......:(......

lovingman
May 12, 2007, 04:28 PM
How do you download?

gil6265
Jul 27, 2009, 03:30 PM
I must have missed something, I don't want to look like an idiot, but how did you create theese leaders? photoshop? special program? please tell me because i got a lot of ideas!

LionCrown
Dec 02, 2009, 09:20 AM
These civs are great! Unfortunatly there is some misguided history in ethnincty...Especially for IsReal. But I still love the art work and give thanks for u guys hard work.

Know your Istory and not history

mechaerik
Dec 02, 2009, 05:10 PM
These civs are great! Unfortunatly there is some misguided history in ethnincty...Especially for IsReal. But I still love the art work and give thanks for u guys hard work.

Uh.... what?

Infantian
Dec 07, 2009, 03:48 PM

lol shh...

Great job CivArmy, everything is awesome

TImithius
Dec 19, 2009, 10:59 AM
Ben Gurion? Curious. I would have said Golda Meir. :)I would keep Solomon, he played a big part in ancient and religious Israel, he should just add Golda Meir instead of losing Solomonm

fox456
Dec 30, 2009, 08:15 PM
Just wondering if there is still any hope of someone creating a leaderhead of Golda Meir?

The Capo
Dec 30, 2009, 08:47 PM
Just wondering if there is still any hope of someone creating a leaderhead of Golda Meir?

There's hope, if I were you I'd request it in the leaderhead request page and not here where nobody is going to look.

j3shafer
Jan 01, 2010, 09:58 AM
Been trying to use this civilization but like every other mod, new civ or otherwise, I've tried to run, it doesn't work. The game loads it but when I go to select a civ to play it doesn't show up anywhere on the list. I've tried clearing cache and editing the config both to no avail.

fox456
Jan 01, 2010, 12:08 PM
There's hope, if I were you I'd request it in the leaderhead request page and not here where nobody is going to look.

Thanks Capo, just took care of that. Hopefully someone will want to develop her.