View Full Version : Kingdom of Sweden

Wazdix
Dec 07, 2005, 09:44 PM
http://www.pirate.empere.org/CIV4/Swemod/swedishflagg.jpg

VERSION 1.0 Final Release download (http://civilization4.filefront.com/file/Kingdon_Of_Sweden;53282)
Formal Name: Kingdom of Sweden
Short Name: Sweden
Adjective: Swedish
Starts with: Mining and Fishing
UU: Karolin (Builds 25%faster)(replaces the musketeer)

Leader: Gustav II
Traits: Organized and Spiritual
http://www.pirate.empere.org/CIV4/Swemod/GustavII.jpg

Leader: Karl XII
Traits: Aggressive and Industrious
http://www.pirate.empere.org/CIV4/Swemod/KarlXII.jpg

Screenshot:
http://www.pirate.empere.org/CIV4/Swemod/screenshotswemod01.jpg

NOTICE!
Im sorry to say that I can no longer support this, little mod and to keep it up to date. However if some one is interested in helping out keeping it alive feel free to contact me. It would be free and all up to you what you’d like to change with it as long as it’s still based on Sweden obviously; there are alot of good suggestion for what could be changed in this thread as well.

All I would request is that my name is kept in the credits.

I’m hoping this wont cause to much inconvenience and lastly A BIG THANK for all the support from you all.

Regards
Wazdix/Henrik

Patch Notes v1.0f:
Final Release

Added Civilopedia enteries

Added Music

Patch Notes v0.9b:

Added new leader gustav II

Gave the UU its special abbility (Builds 25% faster)

Fixed some minor text bugs

woodelf
Dec 08, 2005, 06:15 AM
I'll gladly add this when I get home. Looks like a nice addition.

Anima Croatorum
Dec 08, 2005, 06:31 AM
Why settle for one, make four! That way you can use all eight traits, two for every leader. Something for any style of gameplay for anyone who plays Sweden with your mod.

As for other leaders, I suggest Gustavus II Adolphus, Princess Madleine and Kim Il Goran Persson.

Wazdix
Dec 08, 2005, 01:27 PM
I have completed Gustav II he will follow with the next version, hopefully i will be done with it already this weekend. I gave him organization and Industry since he was behind evolving the financial and law systems in Sweden as well building new universities and courthouses. Further more a more diverse Industry bloomed during his rule. His special Civic is Pacifism even if he saw a lot of war it was something he deeply didn’t like and called it the root of all bad in society.

The Karolin’s have yet been given a special but I am leaning towards instead of making them stronger making them faster to train since the most men that where Karolin’s where actually ordinary citizens doing military training a few times every year as long as they where fit to do military service. Thus when called upon for battle (trained) they should have the most basic training already and the last training part should go fast.

Comments please.

Anima Croatorum
Dec 08, 2005, 03:05 PM
May I suggest making Gustavus Organized and Spiritual. You already have a leader with Industrious trait, so you'll get more diversity with another trait, plus, in his time, he was the defender of the protestant faith, in 30 years war.

Wazdix
Dec 08, 2005, 03:16 PM
May I suggest making Gustavus Organized and Spiritual. You already have a leader with Industrious trait, so you'll get more diversity with another trait, plus, in his time, he was the defender of the protestant faith, in 30 years war.

Very well you have a good point i will do some testing with spiritual as trait instead. If i may ask what do you think about the idea to give Karolins half production time as there special?

Anima Croatorum
Dec 08, 2005, 04:22 PM
50% is a bit too much, 25% discount maximum. So, make them cost 75% of normal musketman cost.

Wazdix
Dec 09, 2005, 03:46 AM
50% is a bit too much, 25% discount maximum. So, make them cost 75% of normal musketman cost.

Did some testing and well 25% did worked out much beter, Might even do some futher adjustments in a future patch ill see how it plays along.

Oh And new version now! version 0.9b!

Fridrikr
Dec 09, 2005, 01:14 PM
How I've waited for Sweden as a playable civ!
This add-on looks great, can't wait to try it!

May I suggest though, that you change the name of Gustav II to either Gustav II Adolf or Gustavus Adolphus (as most non-swedes know him as).
I don't know why, but somehow Gustav II without the Adolf reminds me of Gustav III who in my opinion must have been the meekest king throughout world history. All categories, all countries! ;)

DannE
Dec 11, 2005, 03:46 AM
How do i play sweden on earth maps???

groundsplitter
Dec 19, 2005, 12:13 AM
Fantastic work, Wazdix! I usually don't play many mods, but I fell in love with this one.
I had never realized what a great feeling it can be to play as your own nation. Suddenly I can relate to all the cities I found; they're not just names anymore, but my own countrymen - I can imagine what dialects they speak, what football and icehockey teams they root for, and so on. And that made me take it much more personal when Tokugawa started a war against me and actually managed to annex Göteborg.
Gustav II Adolf is my new favourite leader. I prefer the Spiritual and Organized traits, and was already playing as Asoka a lot, so it made me very happy to discover that you've given Gustav those traits too. :D

Wazdix
Dec 19, 2005, 04:38 PM
How do i play sweden on earth maps???
Well the earth map is a World Editor save with all civilizations already determend so if you want to play sweden you need to change the save file. Though i tried to see if you could replace some civilization with a new one in a save though dident find any way to do it atlest not in the world editor.

Fantastic work, Wazdix! I usually don't play many mods, but I fell in love with this one.
I had never realized what a great feeling it can be to play as your own nation. Suddenly I can relate to all the cities I found; they're not just names anymore, but my own countrymen - I can imagine what dialects they speak, what football and icehockey teams they root for, and so on. And that made me take it much more personal when Tokugawa started a war against me and actually managed to annex Göteborg.
Gustav II Adolf is my new favourite leader. I prefer the Spiritual and Organized traits, and was already playing as Asoka a lot, so it made me very happy to discover that you've given Gustav those traits too. :D

Very glad you like it! Updated now and released the final version pretty much complete as well.

Optimizer
Dec 20, 2005, 07:15 AM
Great! Some suggestions:

* The English term for "Karolin" is "Carolean".
* I would like to see Queen Kristina as a ruler.
* The cities of Skåne should be removed from the list as they were originally Danish.

Nachos
Dec 21, 2005, 06:48 PM
yes! its about time... it looks great! :goodjob:

i have som suggestions:

Gustav Vasa
http://www.nationmaster.com/wikimir/images/upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/97/200px-Gustav_Vasa.jpg
Financial and Organized

Favourite civic: Hereditary Rule

Gustav II Adolf
Spiritual and Aggressive

Favourite civic: Mercantilism

Gustav III
http://historiska-personer.nu/1600-1799/pictures/sverige%20gustav%20iii%20av%201746-1792.jpg
Creative and Philosophical

Favourite civic: Hereditary rule

Per Albin Hansson
http://www.all2know.com/sv/media/6/64/per_albin_hansson.jpg
Financial and Expansive

Favourite Civic: Pacifism

Optimizer
Dec 21, 2005, 07:35 PM
What about diplomatic music then?

Shall we have Roger Pontare as early music (it's primitive at least), Bellman as mid-game music and Abba as late?

Nachos
Dec 21, 2005, 08:41 PM
haha, good suggestions, especially roger...

we have more to take from though, for exampel johan helmich roman and hugo alfven...

Tompskij
Dec 22, 2005, 10:51 AM
What about diplomatic music then?

Shall we have Roger Pontare as early music (it's primitive at least), Bellman as mid-game music and Abba as late?

Roger Pontare? Thats crazy. I got other ideas for music, but what about copyrights, can you just take music?
Bellman is a very good idea.
So is ABBA :lol:

Worship
Dec 23, 2005, 05:24 AM
Nice work
but how about a more powerful UU instead of a faster one because of swedens small population and they where pretty good soliders too.
Anyways :goodjob:

Are there not anything better than ABBA because i for one would go crazy if i had to listen to it :D

Nachos
Dec 23, 2005, 08:43 AM
i think the swedish composers hugo alfvén and johan helmich roman would be great

Optimizer
Dec 24, 2005, 09:53 AM
Any kind of folk music with a fiddle or nyckelharpa would be fine as early diplomatic music.

DannE
Dec 25, 2005, 05:25 AM
There should be a earth map to play on or at least europa...
europaeuropa mod works for now but i want to play with this version on everything...

Taking Island,Norway,Finland,Denmark,Baltikum and one city in germany and one in Poland to start with...
"tronar på minnen från Fornstora dar ni vet"

then build defense,technology and wonders and after that taking the globe :)
(instead of invading russia and loose everything accept norway...)

nostalgi och identifikation på hög nivå...

Optimizer
Dec 28, 2005, 10:56 PM
I challenge you all to record voices for Swedish units. That'd be just great.

majk-iii
Dec 29, 2005, 01:33 AM
How about something like Nationalteatern for the industrial-era soundtrack?
=))

Lord Orpon
Jan 06, 2006, 05:54 PM
Can someone please tell me how to use this mod or if I'm doing it right? I've unpacked it in the MODS directory but when I start the game I can't find the Swedes as a playable civ anywhere

Edit: I've managed to load the mod into the game, the problem is that I can't find the civ even with the mod loaded

Tompskij
Jan 06, 2006, 06:24 PM
How about something like Nationalteatern for the industrial-era soundtrack?
=))

Agreed!!! That would be the greatest thing ever! :D
If so, some song suggestions: Barn av vår tid, Kolla kolla, Jack the ripper, Spisa, Livet är en fest och Speedy Gonzales :mischief:

Halmboy
Jan 10, 2006, 03:05 PM
Svensk invasion ser jag:P
Anyway, to add it: Just drag it into the mods map?

Robo Magic Man
Jan 10, 2006, 07:07 PM
Looks awesome. The flag and UU are really impressive. I'm not too familiar with Swedish history and had never seen the flag or a Karolin, but the art you used for them looks great!

Halmboy
Jan 11, 2006, 07:41 AM
I'm sorry but I don't that Karl XII is a good leader, cause he was a pig, he hated the swedish weather and climate(I've been told that he was considering to emigrate from sweden:S), and because of him we lost all of our conquered area's:S So I think Gustav Vasa would be a better choice!

stend
Jan 12, 2006, 11:58 PM
So I think Gustav Vasa would be a better choice!Well, I would also suggest one of a pair of earlier regents, but then I might be biased. :)

Halmboy
Jan 13, 2006, 07:22 AM
Well, It was Gustav Vasa whom kinda created sweden:P If you understan what I mean:P

stend
Jan 13, 2006, 08:23 AM
Well, It was Gustav Vasa whom kinda created sweden:P If you understan what I mean:PWell, he 'created' modern Sweden, building on the work of previous Regents of Sweden, and was from the Sture family who supplied several of the Regents. As I noted, I'm biased. :)

Fenrisulva
Jan 13, 2006, 09:14 AM
Thanks for a great mod, its really fun to play for king and country.

Svensk
Jan 18, 2006, 01:57 AM
Väldigt nice!

Lithrim
Jan 18, 2006, 03:44 AM
Fan va nice!

I was just looking in the poll threads about new civs and was irritated that no one thought about the great days of sweden :-D We were not only vikings!
So this is a great idea, will play it first thing when I get home today.

Must agree with poster above that said Gustav Wasa is a better choice of leader than Karl XII. To be honest Ive never understood why Karl is considered cool in any way. I know he won in Narva and such, but he was the one that lost everything. Gustav II Adolf is the hero and as a second leader after him I would say Gustav Wasa.

Again, great work!

Nachos
Jan 19, 2006, 01:18 PM
Fan va nice!

I was just looking in the poll threads about new civs and was irritated that no one thought about the great days of sweden :-D We were not only vikings!
So this is a great idea, will play it first thing when I get home today.

Must agree with poster above that said Gustav Wasa is a better choice of leader than Karl XII. To be honest Ive never understood why Karl is considered cool in any way. I know he won in Narva and such, but he was the one that lost everything. Gustav II Adolf is the hero and as a second leader after him I would say Gustav Wasa.

Again, great work!

i'd say the opposite. i don't really understand why everybody dislikes karl XII.

he was crowned king at the age of 14 and only two years later all neighbouring countries (denmark, saxony-poland and russia) declared war, thinking it would be an easy match against this child king. but he conquered all of them. and the most famous battle, the battle of narva, made him famous all over europe as the young military genius who conquered a russian army three times as big. though later on, while conquering in poland, russia attacked again and that is when karl XII made his first great mistake. he marched with 44000 men towards moscow (a popular mistake).

after that the setbacks never ended and yes, sweden's time as superpower ended during his reign. but to blame him only for it is a little too simple i'd say. sweden's golden age was almost completely a long time of war. in the long run sweden could never afford all these wars. sweden was too short of both money and population. sooner or later the aggressive wars would end and the defensive wars would take over. unfortunately karl XII's reigning period were filled with them. when he died in battle at the age of 36 he had more or less been out at war his whole life (when he returned to sweden in 1714 after fighting down on the continent he hadn't been home in sweden for about 16 years).

i guess what made him so popular before was the simple life he lived (without the luxuries most king couldn't be without), his military achievements and the way he gave it all for "greater glory" (not really the swedish way today...). he is a legend, or at least he was. today it is kind of politically incorrect to admire a war king, and unfortunately the neonazis have grabbed him as their hero. but apart from all that i don't think he should be so unpopular today and more than that i think it's wrong to only blame hime for the "fall of the empire".

i definitely agree with you though, that he wasn't the best king. the ones you named were great, along with many others. this reply is waaay too long...:rolleyes:

pason
Jan 20, 2006, 02:26 AM
I agree with you guys that Karl XII wasn't the best of Kings but as previoulsy stated, he was born into war at a very young age, so I guess my vote for the Karl family goes to Karl XI. When Karl XI complained abouth Swedish weather just shows that he was a bright boy with common sense. ;)

Gustav Adolf makes a good leader and was maybe the greatest along with Vasa.

i'd say the opposite. i don't really understand why everybody dislikes karl XII.

he was crowned king at the age of 14 and only two years later all neighbouring countries (denmark, saxony-poland and russia) declared war, thinking it would be an easy match against this child king. but he conquered all of them. and the most famous battle, the battle of narva, made him famous all over europe as the young military genius who conquered a russian army three times as big. though later on, while conquering in poland, russia attacked again and that is when karl XII made his first great mistake. he marched with 44000 men towards moscow (a popular mistake).

after that the setbacks never ended and yes, sweden's time as superpower ended during his reign. but to blame him only for it is a little too simple i'd say. sweden's golden age was almost completely a long time of war. in the long run sweden could never afford all these wars. sweden was too short of both money and population. sooner or later the aggressive wars would end and the defensive wars would take over. unfortunately karl XII's reigning period were filled with them. when he died in battle at the age of 36 he had more or less been out at war his whole life (when he returned to sweden in 1714 after fighting down on the continent he hadn't been home in sweden for about 16 years).

i guess what made him so popular before was the simple life he lived (without the luxuries most king couldn't be without), his military achievements and the way he gave it all for "greater glory" (not really the swedish way today...). he is a legend, or at least he was. today it is kind of politically incorrect to admire a war king, and unfortunately the neonazis have grabbed him as their hero. but apart from all that i don't think he should be so unpopular today and more than that i think it's wrong to only blame hime for the "fall of the empire".

i definitely agree with you though, that he wasn't the best king. the ones you named were great, along with many others. this reply is waaay too long...:rolleyes:

Bluetooth
Jan 24, 2006, 01:45 AM
Great work Wazdix, I’m impressed. This will be my nation.;)

Xyabeme
Feb 03, 2006, 06:31 AM
I would like my favourite king.. Karl X who marched over the ice to Denmark.

picnicboy
Feb 04, 2006, 08:42 PM
I agree with replacing Karl XII with someone else.
Either Per-Albin Hansson or Gustav Vasa.
Karl XII and Gustavus Adolphus feels to close to each other.

Music (as a so far very new and unexperienced player of Civilization IV, I'm not quite sure about the eras which have different music etc):

Ancient, Classical etc.
Sapmí-music. Jojk. Some of those magical drums they have, y'know? :D

Medieval, Renaissance etc.
Bellman, Jenny Lind... Nyckelharpa, Jew's harp (mungiga), accordian... Swedish summer, mon.

Industrial, Modern etc.
Ebba Grön, Nationalteatern... Progg :)
No ****in' Abba, man :(
Soundtrack of our Lives, The Hives

Laze
Feb 05, 2006, 04:38 AM
Why cant anyone make a Norwegian civ?! Norway was the greatest of the scandinavian civs until the "kalmarunionen"!

Cant be mutch fixing to make norway...??

picnicboy
Feb 05, 2006, 09:19 AM
Why cant anyone make a Norwegian civ?! Norway was the greatest of the scandinavian civs until the "kalmarunionen"!

Cant be mutch fixing to make norway...??

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=142229

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=150629

Laze
Feb 05, 2006, 09:40 AM
A middleage civ like kingdom of sweeden and kingdom of Denmark...

Harleqin
Feb 13, 2006, 02:53 PM
In the long standing tradition of Danish-Swedish taunting we might as well get this over with ;)

Silly Swedes. Your mothers were all hampsters and your fathers smellt of elderberries. We Danes fart in your general direction :yeah: :lol:

Good, now we got that out of the way, just one comment. I can't check the mod as I'm still waiting on Civ4, but do remember that the cities os Skane, Halland and Blekinge are Danish. I don't want to see Malmo, Lund or Helsingborg in it ;) Though of course without them there might be a shortage of available cities... hmm... Stockholm, Goteborg, Uppsala and... hmm... are there any more? ;) Right, I'll be good now :)

I look forward to trying this mod when I can and will grind the Swedish cities to dust as retaliation for taking our provinces :p

Nachos
Feb 13, 2006, 05:04 PM
if it wasn't for your qoute from Monty Python's The Quest for the Holy Grail, i would have given you a sour reply. perhaps you "just got a bit, uh, sort of carried away..."

Wazdix
Feb 14, 2006, 09:55 AM
In the long standing tradition of Danish-Swedish taunting we might as well get this over with ;)

Silly Swedes. Your mothers were all hampsters and your fathers smellt of elderberries. We Danes fart in your general direction :yeah: :lol:

Good, now we got that out of the way, just one comment. I can't check the mod as I'm still waiting on Civ4, but do remember that the cities os Skane, Halland and Blekinge are Danish. I don't want to see Malmo, Lund or Helsingborg in it ;) Though of course without them there might be a shortage of available cities... hmm... Stockholm, Goteborg, Uppsala and... hmm... are there any more? ;) Right, I'll be good now :)

I look forward to trying this mod when I can and will grind the Swedish cities to dust as retaliation for taking our provinces :p

In the current version those danish citys are in though i have a few version im testing out for next update and one of the possibel changes are the removing of them. Though the reason i put them in in the first place is since they actualy been in swedish possesion for some time and i dident know if any danish mod uses them. To make its short i havent really decided yet what way to go.

Futher more i have made 2 more learders Vasa and Per Albin the father of the swedish "Folkhemmet" however this would as well require two more player colors for sweden and there would be a chance of 4 swedish civs in a game :P. But with this said i could realease diffrent versions so you could chose what two leaders you want in the mod.

So id very much like to hear peoples opinions on these issues.

Futher more if some one is intrested in puting togheter a scandinavian civ mod feel free to include my work, just include me in the creeds and i be happy.

Harleqin
Feb 15, 2006, 05:09 AM
Hehe, it's tradition. You will need to come and taunt in threads about Denmark as well.

Well, about the cities I feel it most proper that a civs list should only contain cities only founded by that nation though of course there are exceptions, most notably in Civ3 where we had both Byzantium and Constantinople. Possibly Kiev as well.

The area has been Swedish for roughly 350 years so it doesn't seem right to include them. I know that if I was to make a Danish mod I would definately include them as Lund and Malmo were very important Danish cities.

How does it deal with cities in Finland? I assume many of those were founded by Swedes.

Anyway, it's your mod so you should make it however you wish :)

Wazdix
Feb 15, 2006, 09:39 AM
Hehe, it's tradition. You will need to come and taunt in threads about Denmark as well.

Well, about the cities I feel it most proper that a civs list should only contain cities only founded by that nation though of course there are exceptions, most notably in Civ3 where we had both Byzantium and Constantinople. Possibly Kiev as well.

The area has been Swedish for roughly 350 years so it doesn't seem right to include them. I know that if I was to make a Danish mod I would definately include them as Lund and Malmo were very important Danish cities.

How does it deal with cities in Finland? I assume many of those were founded by Swedes.

Anyway, it's your mod so you should make it however you wish :)

Well im making it though im not the only one playing it so im open for sugestions. Though i think i will go ahead with the remvoing of danish founded citys, unless people here have strong feelings against it.

Kunkku Kenkku
Feb 21, 2006, 09:37 AM
As the renaming cities in your possession *in the game* is so easy, the inclusion of some places that were lost in wars in *real history* should not be a big problem.
I have no trouble founding Viipuri (Viborg) even as we lost it some 60 years ago to the former Soviet realm. :cry: And I would not mind at all renaming Malmö as Malmisaari as soon as as i have taken it. :D :king:

Peace and respect :goodjob:
Mannerheim

daeri
Feb 27, 2006, 03:28 PM
May I suggest the city Birka? :king:

Flogiz
Mar 05, 2006, 05:48 AM
I think that Carl Bildt is better Per Albin Hansson, becuase Per Albin was a lousy socialist that made the economy of Sweden even weaker. Carl Bildt was the best prime minister Sweden ever had.

Nachos
Mar 05, 2006, 01:20 PM
yes, he was a socialist. but i'm afraid he didn't make the economy weaker, rather the opposite. how about fredrik reinfeldt? show a little faith!

Love
Mar 06, 2006, 08:38 AM
I like this! cause im swedish!

Love
Mar 06, 2006, 08:41 AM
i like this cause im swedish like many off this lads. hey one thing, a danish guy want a danish civilasation so he could "crush sweden"!

Love
Mar 06, 2006, 08:45 AM
I hate denmark sooooo much!

Ingvina Freyr
Mar 07, 2006, 03:51 AM
Personally, I think the Danish "empire" is great! Only slightly less great
than the Swedish "empire". :)

Should a city in Civilization belong to the Civ that founded it? That would, for example, make Dublin a Norweigan town. I think it's up to the creator to decide. Maybe Malmö and Lund should be among the last cities in the Swedish citylist?

Here is some history facts for those who are interrested;
Skåne (Scania) came under Danish rule in the 970s, when Harald Bluetooth conquered the land. Lund is believed to be founded in 990, slightly north of the ancient village of Uppåkra, a trading center and place for a great temple.
Malmö is first mentioned in the mid- 1200s. It became a town 1437 during the period of the Scandinavian union ("Kalmarunionen"). Skåne came under Swedish rule in 1658.

Flogiz
Mar 07, 2006, 11:22 AM
yes, he was a socialist. but i'm afraid he didn't make the economy weaker, rather the opposite. how about fredrik reinfeldt? show a little faith!
Fredrik Reinfeldt hasen't any power jet. The Swedish party the Socialdemokraterna has been in power for 66 years of 70. After WW2 Sweden, USA and Switzerland didn't have to build up their country, and could use money on making the country better wellfare and stronger economically. Look at the GDP per capita:

USA: $41,800 (2005 est.)
Sweden: $29,600 (2005 est.)
Switzerland: $35,000 (2005 est.)
Germany: $29,700 (2005 est.)

Even Germany, which was almost destroyed by the war, has a higher GDP per capita than Sweden!

Ingvina Freyr
Mar 08, 2006, 07:13 AM
I think it's a bad idea to involve modern politics in the game. Any person used as a leader should be "comfortably dead". Therefore I have a suggestion that surely fits the description;

Bröt-Anund :king: 600-640 ca. Exp/Org fav. civic: democracy
The sagas says that Anund was a good and juste king that used his wealth to break new ground so that the people could settle new lands. He built bridges and roads (Bröt means road, and is a nickname given by his people), and organized the military. The country prospered under his reign.

Thasis
Mar 09, 2006, 09:14 PM
I think I'm going to use this in my next game I play. I've always wanted to play as Sweden. Good pictures by the way, and awsome gameplay screen.

MrC
Mar 10, 2006, 08:11 AM
Fredrik Reinfeldt hasen't any power jet. The Swedish party the Socialdemokraterna has been in power for 66 years of 70. After WW2 Sweden, USA and Switzerland didn't have to build up their country, and could use money on making the country better wellfare and stronger economically. Look at the GDP per capita:

USA: $41,800 (2005 est.)
Sweden: $29,600 (2005 est.)
Switzerland: $35,000 (2005 est.)
Germany: $29,700 (2005 est.)

Even Germany, which was almost destroyed by the war, has a higher GDP per capita than Sweden!
Money is not all...

HDI rankings (Human Development Index):
6. Sweden
7. Switzerland
12. USA
20. Germany

The economists Quality-of-life index:
2. Switzerland
5. Sweden
13. United States
26. Germany

kwan
Mar 12, 2006, 06:06 AM
Let's drop the "My-country-is-the-best-in-the-world" talk...we can never agree..
I'm only saying, that its fun to play, when you've got norway, sweden and denmark in a game. Still looking for the danish civ, as i find every other civ is being made...

Love
Mar 13, 2006, 08:05 AM
I agree........

Love
Mar 16, 2006, 12:48 PM
Another UU advise is ship on the line (frigate)(or man of war) I've done it in my testprotutype Sweden whith Wasa (ind, phi) as the leader...

AndyTerry
Apr 24, 2006, 06:43 AM
Wazdix
Hello. Do you agree for including you civ into Scandinavia Mod (Scandinavian civs + map)

Snerk
Apr 24, 2006, 01:14 PM
Wazdix
Hello. Do you agree for including you civ into Scandinavia Mod (Scandinavian civs + map)

This scandinavia mod sounds sweet. When do you think you'll be done with it? And im sure he doesnt mind that you include it....

The Settler
May 04, 2006, 04:30 PM
Scandinavian mod sounds really great! Then I will get to kick som swedish ass :p

When will it be finished?

G-Klav
May 05, 2006, 06:37 PM
Nice mod, I've always missed the Swedes in Civ! :D

I agree on the cities, a civ should mostly have cities founded by the civ itself. And there isn't a lack of cities in Sweden (with Swedish measures... ;) ).

Here's a list of cities founded by Swedes (Stockholm first, then medieval cities and then more modern).

I don't know what the city maximum is, so I've included quite a few.

Stockholm
Uppsala
Kalmar
Åbo
Gävle
Norrköping
Viborg
Sigtuna
Västerås
Linköping
Hedemora
Jönköping
Arboga
Örebro
Borgå
Skara
Visby
Köping
Nådendal
Eksjö
Lidköping
Kexholm
Lödöse
Raumo
Kungälv
Strängnäs
Vadstena
Söderköping
Vimmerby
Västervik
Växjö
Nyköping
Östhammar
Enköping
Öregrund
Falköping
Skövde
Hjo
Skänninge
Bogesund
Tälje
Helsingfors
Göteborg
Torneå
Karlstad
Vasa
Hudiksvall
Piteå
Härnösand
Falun
Björneborg
Eskilstuna
Uleåborg
Luleå
Tavastehus
Borås
Sala
Tammerfors
Sundsvall
Östersund
Villmanstrand
Söderhamn
Umeå

Edit: Added Köping and changed the sorting to medieval cities first and later cities last.

Halmboy
May 06, 2006, 05:04 AM
Hey, you wrote down Arboga, why not Köping?
Willhelm Scheele lived here! And it's my hometown;)

G-Klav
May 06, 2006, 12:17 PM
Hey, you wrote down Arboga, why not Köping?
Willhelm Scheele lived here! And it's my hometown;)

Hmm, I thought I had Köping too? It was definately supposed to be in...

I'll add it now! :)

Edit: BTW, this doesn't work with 1.61? I had to change a lot of the files to make it work...

Love
May 07, 2006, 03:56 AM
Heres a websitelink:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_Sweden
its a site where you seen cities in the world (this is sweden)

G-Klav
May 07, 2006, 08:17 AM
Heres a websitelink:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_Sweden
its a site where you seen cities in the world (this is sweden)

I used that for the Finnish cities/towns. Thanks!

Love
May 07, 2006, 09:43 AM
No worries!

Jakt
May 09, 2006, 03:14 PM
Another UU advise is ship on the line (frigate)(or man of war) I've done it in my testprotutype Sweden whith Wasa (ind, phi) as the leader...

The Swedish Ship of the line would be most unique, indeed! Shortly after building it, it rolls over and becomes a submarine! And after a few hundred years, it will generate tourism revenue for the capital city!!!

Halmboy
May 09, 2006, 03:44 PM
The Swedish Ship of the line would be most unique, indeed! Shortly after building it, it rolls over and becomes a submarine! And after a few hundred years, it will generate tourism revenue for the capital city!!!

HAHA!
You're sooo right on this point my friend:P

Stellan_87
May 09, 2006, 04:02 PM
Äntigen :D nu kan alla sanna patrioter spela som SVERIGE!!:goodjob:

How do you go about if you want to add this to Sevos mod and so on?

Love
May 10, 2006, 03:00 PM
thankyou from credits...im working as im alredy said on a testciv in xlm.can you guess what thats right, a swedish empire after this mod but actioli i think nothing yeah nothing is copyed by this lovely mod!
I got Wasa as leader.
As alredy tell, ship on the line UU
different cities
And so on...

Rock4ever
May 11, 2006, 02:14 AM
hey - i just gotta ask something...

I've tried to install a number of civs (such as sweden, denmark and Poland) but it seems as though you can only have one (1) modciv - is that correct? in that case it really sucks! but how do I do to include the other civs (working on a scenario taking place in the year 1700)

hur the phuck gör jag för att inkludera andra nya civs? :scan:

G-Klav
May 11, 2006, 06:31 PM
hey - i just gotta ask something...

I've tried to install a number of civs (such as sweden, denmark and Poland) but it seems as though you can only have one (1) modciv - is that correct? in that case it really sucks! but how do I do to include the other civs (working on a scenario taking place in the year 1700)

hur the phuck gör jag för att inkludera andra nya civs? :scan:

I hope it's allowed to post in other languages than English on this board... :)

Du kan antingen kombinera dem själv eller ladda ner modar som redan innehåller fler än en civ.
Om du tänker göra jobbet själv, tänk på att det är rätt mycket som måste slås ihop, så det är nog åtminstone en timmes jobb...

Rock4ever
May 12, 2006, 05:00 AM
I hope it's allowed to post in other languages than English on this board... :)

Du kan antingen kombinera dem själv eller ladda ner modar som redan innehåller fler än en civ.
Om du tänker göra jobbet själv, tänk på att det är rätt mycket som måste slås ihop, så det är nog åtminstone en timmes jobb...

jaha ja... då ska jag direkt påpeka att jag normalt inte håller på att "moda" eller på annat sätt sysslar med datorer på annat sätt än att lira spel eller skriva arbeten - så med detta i baktanke måste jag fråga: hur slår man ihop flera olika civs? :blush: sedan skulle jag även vilja veta hur man bär sig åt för att gå in på en färdig karta och ändra antalet civs och vilka civs som är med... någon som vet?

tack för hjälpen!:goodjob:

Drogear
May 12, 2006, 06:19 AM
Keep it in English boys.

Heja Sverige! :)

jeps
Jun 03, 2006, 04:51 PM
FOR A UU MAKE THE S-TANK

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-Tank

http://boards.historychannel.com/thread.jspa?threadID=600003070&messageID=600067610

Padishar Creel
Jun 03, 2006, 05:47 PM
City names are a difficult thing... Take Riga, the capital of Latvia as an example. It was founded by germans during the Hansa period. Under swedish rule (1621-1710) it was the largest city of Sweden and today it's the capital of Latvia... With a history like that, and this is far from everything, which country can include Riga? Germany? Russia? Sweden? Poland? Latvia? Maybe another country? I don't really think many people would include it among german cities...

I wouldn't be totally unhappy to see cities and former swedish provinces included. After all, that is when you really feel how powerful Sweden once was.

About that swedish cities list... it sure was a nice list but what about Kiruna, Skellefteå, Borlänge, Motala, Mjölby, Skara, Karlsborg, Sigtuna and probably many more. I didn't think very hard now. Check Västergötland, Östergötland and Svealand more, that's after all the heart of Sweden.

Padishar Creel
Jun 03, 2006, 06:18 PM
Btw... I don't get the link to the mod to work. When I open the rar file it says unexpected end of archive. I can still open it and extract it to the mods folder, choose the swedish mod in the game but after the restart I can't choose to play with Sweden. I've got other mods working but not this one. Something wrong with the file?

cFccFc
Jun 22, 2006, 11:15 AM
Thanks man! great work!

G-Klav
Jul 02, 2006, 08:00 PM
City names are a difficult thing... Take Riga, the capital of Latvia as an example. It was founded by germans during the Hansa period. Under swedish rule (1621-1710) it was the largest city of Sweden and today it's the capital of Latvia... With a history like that, and this is far from everything, which country can include Riga? Germany? Russia? Sweden? Poland? Latvia? Maybe another country? I don't really think many people would include it among german cities...

I wouldn't be totally unhappy to see cities and former swedish provinces included. After all, that is when you really feel how powerful Sweden once was.

About that swedish cities list... it sure was a nice list but what about Kiruna, Skellefteå, Borlänge, Motala, Mjölby, Skara, Karlsborg, Sigtuna and probably many more. I didn't think very hard now. Check Västergötland, Östergötland and Svealand more, that's after all the heart of Sweden.

Skara and Sigtuna are already in the list.
Kiruna was founded a bit too late for me to include it, in the late 19th century. Borlänge is also a 19th century town.

The remaining four could certainly be included IMO.

Love
Aug 17, 2006, 02:55 PM
Ey landsmän on the mod you could make a alternative Swedish translaition of two things its sound wery svengelska/swenglish and its just sounds good.

And appropå translation ind the scandinavia mod you could translate every langugaes/språk excuse wrong spelling.
Hard work isnt but you get lön for mödan;)

and great peoplels:

Nobel
Holy birgitta our own little girly prophet from blekinge
Jenny lind
bellman
more??:confused:

And for last:Nice mod, I've always missed the Swedes in Civ! :D

I agree on the cities, a civ should mostly have cities founded by the civ itself. And there isn't a lack of cities in Sweden (with Swedish measures... ;) ).

Here's a list of cities founded by Swedes (Stockholm first, then medieval cities and then more modern).

I don't know what the city maximum is, so I've included quite a few.

Stockholm
Uppsala
Kalmar
Åbo
Gävle
Norrköping
Viborg
Sigtuna
Västerås
Linköping
Hedemora
Jönköping
Arboga
Örebro
Borgå
Skara
Visby
Köping
Nådendal
Eksjö
Lidköping
Kexholm
Lödöse
Raumo
Kungälv
Strängnäs
Vadstena
Söderköping
Vimmerby
Västervik
Växjö
Nyköping
Östhammar
Enköping
Öregrund
Falköping
Skövde
Hjo
Skänninge
Bogesund
Tälje
Helsingfors
Göteborg
Torneå
Karlstad
Vasa
Hudiksvall
Piteå
Härnösand
Falun
Björneborg
Eskilstuna
Uleåborg
Luleå
Tavastehus
Borås
Sala
Tammerfors
Sundsvall
Östersund
Villmanstrand
Söderhamn
Umeå

Edit: Added Köping and changed the sorting to medieval cities first and later cities last.

Think visby ska ligga lite högre va, på 1200 å 1300talen var det ju värsta guldåldren där, det var jus nästan huvudstaden i handelskompaniet hansan.

kebable
Aug 18, 2006, 07:56 AM
Another suggestion as swedish UU: Finnish Cavalry
Hakkapeliitta in Swedish (http://sv.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Finska_Rytteriets_Marsch_i_trettio %C3%A5riga_kriget)
or Hakkapeliitta in English (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakkapeliitta)

Love
Aug 18, 2006, 12:03 PM
Tats finnish...

kebable
Aug 19, 2006, 12:41 PM
Tats finnish...

True, but...

Hakkapeliitta (plural Hakkapeliitat) was the name given in the Holy Roman Empire to the Finnish horsemen of :king: Gustavus Adolphus of Sweden during the Thirty Years' War. A Hakkapeliitta was also known as a Hackapelit, Hackapelite, Haccapelit, or Haccapelite.

The Finnish Hakkapeliitta Cavalry was first used during the Polish-Swedish Wars. In the early 17th century the cavalry led by Marshal Jacob De la Gardie conquered the Russian cities Novgorod and Moscow and in 1632 the cavalry led by General Gustaf Horn conquered much of Germany during the Thirty Years' War.

This could be a unit usable by both Finnish and Swedish Civs.....

Love
Aug 19, 2006, 04:01 PM
Yes but the most Swedish unit is ofcourse Karolin and ship of the line (or man at arms)

And the the question is if it shall be one UU or more and if Finnish Cavalry is both finnish and swedish its not a uniqe unit.

kebable
Aug 20, 2006, 02:30 AM
culturally linked unit then....

Love
Aug 20, 2006, 05:02 AM
Maybe that...

Optimizer
Aug 20, 2006, 06:10 PM
IMO, the city list should only contain names of cities that were originally Swedish.

What will the unique building be? One suggestion is a Furnace ("hytta" in Swedish), replacing the Forge. It would give +25% ground unit production.

Bjarka
Aug 22, 2006, 12:44 PM
Ah...Sweden för Vanilla Civ!

posted this request in the mod-pack forum (kinda new to this forum):

"Leaders: Gustav II Adolf(aggressiv, philosophical), Karl XII(aggressiv, industrious?), Gustav Vasa (financial, industrious?).

Unique Units: Carolingians (Karoliner), Berserkr, Tank S (lowprofile tank with no tower), Bureaucrat connected to Swedens favorite civic Bureaucracy(havent totally figured out how these unit should function).

Favorit civics: Bureaucracy, democracy.

Projects(or wonder maybe?): Nobel Prize"

Would be great if this civ was developed further and remade to fit my favorite mods - total realism and sevo!

maybe add "ombudsman" as a uu of some sort?

Great work!

Love
Aug 23, 2006, 12:36 AM
Whith the nobel prize I dont think its a wonder, its a :gp: (nobel) that can sacrify himself to make a Nobel Price in the city he sacrifyed himself
And the make a sort of an unice academy.

Nobel price:8 :culture: , 3 :) , the builder civilization get 6 :science: each turn(ouououou) The turn is in late game 1 year ect. and other civilization gets 1 happiness per city with a broadcast tower.

Crizz
Aug 24, 2006, 07:08 PM
Cool. I can't wait to see this...

Wazdix
Aug 25, 2006, 07:37 PM
Looking for some one to take over read the original post for more info.

corazone
Aug 30, 2006, 02:05 PM
How about doing this for warlords?

UU: the karolin musketeer replacement.. well i don't think swedish muskets was any special comparing with other countries
Swedish military power is in todays technology since Sweden has invested a lot in defense science.
Many should say "the jas-39" jetplane maybe, but that plane ain't that special compared to other nations products.
I would say http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/visby/

Yes, the Visby corvette. Sweden is about 10-20 years ahead USA and Russia when it comes to carbon fibre stealh boat technology, and if it was war-time today, this boat could have great impact on sea battles.

I say, let it replace destroyer, give it +50% extra submarine kill, and furthermore, extra anti air defense power, since there it has it strenghts.
Also swedish conventional (non-nuclear driven) submarines are considered to be the best of our time.

Also as a historical fact, the worlds second submarine was built in sweden. Sweden has a long history of naval construction (including the faulty ones like wasa ship =)

As a unique building, someone mentioned a forge replacement. But history tells that swedes was a bit after compared to europe when it came to that age. When denmark invaded sweden with knights, swedes hardly had longbowmen.
Swedens strenghts is still in modern day, and I would say a replacement for university, "kungliga tekniska högskolan" = "royal technical high school".
Think that even though sweden has 9 million population, sweden maintains and has top of the line technology all the time.
Let the KTH (Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan http://www.kth.se/eng/ ) have same stats as normal university, but give a free scientist. It fits that sweden had some great scientists & innovators the latest 200 years.
Everything from Alfred Nobel, Håkan Lans (Inventor of computer mouse, and VGA graphics), Carolus Linneus and so on.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Swedish_scientists

As for leaderhead: Gustav Vasa & Karl XII are the biggest names in history, but several other kings aswell.

Love
Aug 31, 2006, 08:51 AM
That last one is really good, and naval units isnt a bad ting either

Reprisal
Sep 03, 2006, 03:34 AM
I seem to remember that two of Gustav Adolphus' military innovations centered around the use of their artillery and the better use of cavalry in the age of Pike & Shot. Since the Russian UU is based on Cavalry, the only Unique Units I can come up with would be a variation on the Cannon -- perhaps something that would increase their use in the field? Perhaps they could get +25% versus Gunpowder units?

Bluetooth
Sep 04, 2006, 07:38 AM
I seem to remember that two of Gustav Adolphus' military innovations centered around the use of their artillery and the better use of cavalry in the age of Pike & Shot. Since the Russian UU is based on Cavalry, the only Unique Units I can come up with would be a variation on the Cannon -- perhaps something that would increase their use in the field? Perhaps they could get +25% versus Gunpowder units?

I agree on most of this, but as he was famous for using mobile (horse drawn) artillery on the battlefield I believe one extra movement could be a good idea.

corazone
Sep 08, 2006, 06:20 PM
Still, I don't see anywhere in history where the swedish cannons where more advanced than the others during the same era.

Sweden has never been an technological advanced state before 20th century.

Everything started early 20th century, the early submarines, after WW2 sweden build the worlds fastest jetplane, the "SAAB Tunnan", and it kept the world record for almost a decade. Who knows how the result could have been if it was used during war-time.
Then advanced innovations on the Draken/Viggen jetplanes which where copied by other nations.

Someone mentioned the "stridsvagn S" battle tank.
I thought a bit of it, since it was designed for only swedish defending purposes, maybe it could be a modern armor unit who is allowed to use defensive bonus? (like conquestador)

Before 20th century, swedish science was focused on other things. Sweden hasn't been at war for over 2 centuries now. Being capable of manufacturing high tech today is something special this small nation is good at.

Still I would prefer a modern special unit for sweden, may it be a jet-plane, a stealth boat.. but I don't see any logical reason for better cannons etcetra since sweden quite sucked at that time. Sweden was almost overrun by russians, but got saved thanks to diplomacy.
Also, remember that Sweden is europes youngest nation (well I'm not counting the new yugoslavic countries now), still nobody knows an exact date when sweden was formed.

The vikings are already represented with their berserker unit, so swedes should be the modern alternative.

Also for civics, know that sweden is number 4 in the world in creating patents. Being a country consisting of 9 million citizens, that is heck of a good position. nr1 is japan, 2 usa, 3 germany.

I think PHI is a definite, and maybe FIN. Sweden was a strong economy after ww2, but today its average.
CRE maybe, not so big culture spreader (someone mentioned ABBA before =)
EXP is out of the question, no expanding here, today there is even negative growth in sweden.
AGG/IMP also out of question, peace for over 2 centuries says it all. (and "neutral" during WW2)
CHM maybe, people are satisfied in sweden
ORG could also be, small cities are very well developed in sweden.

Well, I'm finished for now =)

Eskel
Sep 11, 2006, 11:45 AM
Sweden undoubtedly was most powerful in the time of 30-year war in XVII century. Thats why Swedish Civ should be based upon times your contry was at peak of its power, and resemble the reasons why you were so strong that time.

One of them is carolean infantry - well trained and equipped, it simply ruled the battlefields. Choosing it as UU for Sweden will place the maximum expansion possibilities in correct epoch. For me it will be "historically right". Any other unit you called in here, isn't even half as good as this one.

As for the UB, it is much harder case. This could be a forge replacement, as somebody mentioned before. It will perfectly go in hand with carolean infantry. But if you really want add something that will reflect contemporary times, you can think about hospital or research lab. I think your famous healthcare and educational system are basis for high values of Swedish "Human Development Index".

Traits: Karl XII - Organized and Aggressive
Gustav Adolph - Organized and (Philosophical, Spiritual, Creative)

BTW. There would be great scenario based upon fights for Dominium Mare Balticii (from 30-years war in XVII cnt. till Northern Wars in XVIII cnt.)

Styr
Sep 12, 2006, 11:38 AM
Completely agree with the guy above: Sweden's time in the sun was the 17th century and not modelling the civ after that is making a big mistake. First of all that's what people have heard of and when most will recognize Gustav Adolf or perhaps even Karl XII -not even many Swedish gamers will know who Per-Albin Hansson is. Sweden is an unimportant little back-water nowadays, it would simply not be interesting to play that, no matter how advanced the Visby class corvettes are.

About UU, Carolean infantry is probably the best choice. They did dominate battlefields, and were feared and respected in Europe. No disrespect to the Finns at all, but a Finnish UU would be silly - the Finns, who were considered as much Swedish citizens as any Dalecarlian or Smålandic peasant, had the same training and equipment as the rest of the Swedish army.

A ship of the line wouldn't make sense, the Swedish navy was strong but nothing special at all and its ships were not better or bigger than those of other navies. If you really want a naval UU, choose one of Chapman's archipelago frigates, they were truelly unique.

UB? I suggest something connected to the mining or cannon industry. Sweden was Europe's largest producer of cupper/iron ore as well as cannons. Especially Swedish steel was of finest quality during this era.

Sweden did have a big rise in scientific progress in the 18th, 19th (especially) and 20th centuries with scientists as Nobel, Polhem, Linnaeus, Ångström, Celsius, Berzelius+Scheele+Mosander (no other guys discovered as many elements as these), but you can't have everything.

For city names, I wouldn't hesitate to include a number of now Finnish towns. First off, Finland was considered a 'natural' part of Sweden through the majority of the past 1000 years and especially so during the time you model Sweden after. Further many of the towns were founded by Swedish kings anyhow and their power spread over Finland much as it spread over Swedish lands. Towns I'd definitly consider are Åbo, Viborg, Helsingfors, Björneborg, Uleåborg, Vasa and Tavastehus. I would avoid including Malmö, Lund and other Skåne-towns though.

Levonardo
Nov 01, 2006, 04:14 PM
Somehow the download link doesn't work..is there any other option?

Love
Nov 02, 2006, 11:32 AM
Still, I don't see anywhere in history where the swedish cannons where more advanced than the others during the same era.

Sweden has never been an technological advanced state before 20th century.

Everything started early 20th century, the early submarines, after WW2 sweden build the worlds fastest jetplane, the "SAAB Tunnan", and it kept the world record for almost a decade. Who knows how the result could have been if it was used during war-time.
Then advanced innovations on the Draken/Viggen jetplanes which where copied by other nations.

Someone mentioned the "stridsvagn S" battle tank.
I thought a bit of it, since it was designed for only swedish defending purposes, maybe it could be a modern armor unit who is allowed to use defensive bonus? (like conquestador)

Before 20th century, swedish science was focused on other things. Sweden hasn't been at war for over 2 centuries now. Being capable of manufacturing high tech today is something special this small nation is good at.

Still I would prefer a modern special unit for sweden, may it be a jet-plane, a stealth boat.. but I don't see any logical reason for better cannons etcetra since sweden quite sucked at that time. Sweden was almost overrun by russians, but got saved thanks to diplomacy.
Also, remember that Sweden is europes youngest nation (well I'm not counting the new yugoslavic countries now), still nobody knows an exact date when sweden was formed.

The vikings are already represented with their berserker unit, so swedes should be the modern alternative.

Also for civics, know that sweden is number 4 in the world in creating patents. Being a country consisting of 9 million citizens, that is heck of a good position. nr1 is japan, 2 usa, 3 germany.

I think PHI is a definite, and maybe FIN. Sweden was a strong economy after ww2, but today its average.
CRE maybe, not so big culture spreader (someone mentioned ABBA before =)
EXP is out of the question, no expanding here, today there is even negative growth in sweden.
AGG/IMP also out of question, peace for over 2 centuries says it all. (and "neutral" during WW2)
CHM maybe, people are satisfied in sweden
ORG could also be, small cities are very well developed in sweden.

Well, I'm finished for now =)

I think exp isnt so bad all for now but on meideval the people was wery sick and un healthy but now the people are healthy so it depands if it should be a modern scenario/mod/civ?

And if warlords scenario, i think that norway should be a vassal of danmark and Finland is a swedish vassal.
That would make a great balance :)

Wyz_sub10
Nov 02, 2006, 12:24 PM
Somehow the download link doesn't work..is there any other option?

Sweden, with animated Karl XII, can be found in CIV Gold.

Love
Nov 02, 2006, 01:43 PM
But if he cant download civ gold (i cant, sad cuz its a great mod)

Wyz_sub10
Nov 02, 2006, 02:18 PM
But if he cant download civ gold (i cant, sad cuz its a great mod)

Sorry, I missed where he said he couldn't download CIV Gold. Why can't you download it?

Love
Nov 02, 2006, 02:25 PM
Its that 7z file i think, perhaps i could try again.

Wyz_sub10
Nov 02, 2006, 03:28 PM
Its that 7z file i think, perhaps i could try again.

So you can download it but not open it, right?

Just grap with unzipper from http://www.7-zip.org/

Love
Nov 02, 2006, 03:54 PM
Well, it maybe works but this is for kingdom of sweden, but still thanks :)

Wyz_sub10
Nov 02, 2006, 05:43 PM
Well, it maybe works but this is for kingdom of sweden, but still thanks :)

I'm completely confused.

If you're trying to download the Kingdom of Sweden standalone mod from Wazdix, it's probably been deleted from inactivity and it's not on the Civfanatics server.

Therefore, I'm suggesting that if you still want that mod - with a few tweaks to it - you'll have to get it from CIV Gold. That's where 7zip comes in.

Love
Nov 03, 2006, 03:50 AM
yeah whatever, drop this now.

hrochland
Nov 03, 2006, 05:42 AM
@Wazdix
Three months ago you allowed me to use your nation. Today is Kingdom of Sweden last nation in my mod, that has not 2UU. Advise to me, please, I don´t know history of Sweden, what unit I can use (create) as 2UU for your nation.
Thanks

Love
Nov 03, 2006, 09:19 AM
Read the tread.

elite_dannux
Nov 04, 2006, 04:19 PM
berserks and karolins (faster built musketman)

hrochland
Nov 10, 2006, 02:36 AM
@Elite_Dannux
Thanks - I read ( write too :) ) in English very bad. Read full thread is long time for me. Better question :) and answer

Optimizer
Nov 12, 2006, 11:43 PM
Concerning unique buildings:

The oldest known blast furnace outside China is found in Lapphyttan in Sweden from the 12th century. Swedish metal industry got another boost during early 17th century with the help of Walloon metallurgists, and has been the most important part of Swedish industry ever since.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blast_furnace

Other suggestions would be:
* "University Hospital" or "County Hospital" (a monolithic bureaucratic hospital typical to Sweden) which provides two extra scientist slots and +3 health.
* Systembolaget (State liquor monopoly): Replaces Grocer, +10% commerce from Wine, Wheat and Corn
* Folkets hus ("The People's House", Labor movement community center): Replaces Jail, +2 Engineer slots
* Music Studio (representing world-famous bands like ABBA and Roxette, and producers like Denniz Pop and Max Martin): Replaces Broadcast Tower, produces 1 Hit Single, +1 free Artist

Love
Nov 18, 2006, 07:20 AM
But please, nearly evry country has buildings like that...

Optimizer
Nov 20, 2006, 08:40 PM
Nearly every country?

AFAIK, liquor monopoly is unique to Iceland, Norway, Sweden and Finland. The labor movement is stronger in Sweden than anywhere else and has more or less ruled the country since WW2. Sweden is the only non-English-speaking country in the world to have a net export of music.

There are many things unique to this country.

Love
Nov 21, 2006, 01:48 PM
Well whatever, systembolaget is not going to have a monopoly any longer.
Soon every store shall have booze

Love
Dec 08, 2006, 12:10 PM
Evry swedes that want to defend their motherland, beat the finnish in joke here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=129270) (last tread evryone, i make a list what swedes on it)!

Me :evil:
Swedish guy...

Optimizer
Dec 22, 2006, 02:48 AM
Seems like the download link is broken, can anyone please fix it?

What phrases would be adequate for unit speech? I haven't done lumpen...

Optimizer
Jan 06, 2007, 01:46 PM
The list of cities should be limited to cities which have always been Swedish, so there is no controversy.

SwedishPsycho
Jan 10, 2007, 06:22 AM
Anyone that can upload the mod? The link in the first page is broken.

How's it going with the project?

=EDIT=

Googled me a link:

http://civilization4.filefront.com/file/Kingdon_Of_Sweden;53282

Love
Jan 12, 2007, 03:02 AM
Whooa...Stupid question, warlords or Vanilla?:dubious:

Verjil
Feb 18, 2007, 03:53 AM
Download link isn't working.

LuckyAC
Feb 18, 2007, 08:55 PM

No doubt, Sweden does have a lot per capita, but I don't know where you get that statistic.

It is 1. US 2. Japan 3. Germany 4. South Korea 5. Britain 6. France 7. Canada 8. China 9. Switzerland 10. Sweden
http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/02/07/business/patents.php

davbenbak
Jun 24, 2007, 11:45 AM
download link is still not working

kesl
Jun 25, 2007, 05:34 AM
I would like to try your mod.

Optimizer
Aug 09, 2007, 08:16 PM
Can it be made for BTS?

MrGoldfinger
Oct 05, 2009, 10:35 AM
I hope somebody made a sweden-mod version for BtS & specially for the SpecialEdition. It would be very very greatfully...

Perhaps with new units, like the outstandig (Nazi)-Germany-Mod.

For example the Saab-aircrafts, like the Saab J22, B17, B18, J29 Tunnan,
Draken, Viggen and Gripen.

The typical camouflaged ships and vehicles etc.
And some variations of middle-age and 17th century units.

And a blond female Spygirl :)

I really hope that somebody is still working on this?!?

mechaerik
Oct 05, 2009, 06:35 PM
I highly doubt anyones still working on this. Last post was in '07.

Also, the OP hasn't been on since July 29th, 2007.

Zambaku
Jun 25, 2010, 07:22 AM
Could someone re-upload this? The download links are dead

Yxklyx
Oct 19, 2010, 12:13 PM
The link for the original Sweden is still there - it's the updated one (for BTS?) that's missing. I'm thinking of adding Sweden to my mod so I might work on this using the original file (BTS support of course).

original file for Warlords is here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4483

Yxklyx
Oct 19, 2010, 12:24 PM
The UU looks fine though a bit weak perhaps (increase strength by 1 in addition to lower cost?). I don't like Gustav's traits - he designed the modern army, he should have at least one militaristic trait. Also, for the UB I'd replace the Bank with ABBA (replaces Broadcast Tower).

maurcus
Sep 16, 2012, 08:52 AM
may i change it?