View Full Version : Failures after failures...!

Sir. Martin
Jan 18, 2002, 02:11 PM
Well two questions:

1. I keep getting theese problems while playing CIV III: :cry:

One - after a move the marker stays at the unit and the hole game kinda freeze. You kan still move to some unit or town etc. manuel but it will not go automatik to next unit.

To fix it I have to save an load the game. This sometimes happen very frequent and other times almost never.
After doing this a few times the final failure appears. It says something like: there is a problem with civ.exe, and itīs closing the game now.

Two - The sound "freezes" at the same spot, and I have to quit, to make it dissapear. The same failure appears just with sound.dll.

2. Extreme corruption. :confused:

I destroyed the Romans, and keept Rome. However apprx. 1000 years later there is still 20 out of 21 corruption amoung production
and money/sience. And I do have a courthouse in Rome!
I know itīs there capital, but this I have never seen before!

Now WHAT should I do about all this, and have anyone experienced anything like this?

-Thx for reading this long thread! :)

Ironikinit
Jan 18, 2002, 02:23 PM
I can't help with the first.

For the second, any city beyond about 15 spaces from your capital or forbidden palace will be pretty useless for production. You could make extra citizens tax collectors so at least you get something for that city.

Sir. Martin
Jan 18, 2002, 02:34 PM
Okay thank you! However I heard alot about theese tax-collectors but I have never learned to use them, even tho I played since CIV II! Can you tell me more about them? :)

Ironikinit
Jan 18, 2002, 02:43 PM
Well, I trust you know what an entertainer is. Click on an entertainer and it will become a tax collector and give you one gold per turn. Watch your income bar from the city. Mostly in corrupt cities it's more profitable to have a tax collector than to have them working a square, but it reduces food production.

Sir. Martin
Jan 18, 2002, 03:02 PM
Well sure! hehe, thanks alot.. iīll try this!