View Full Version : Triumvirate Content Poll #3 (Impeachment of Cabinet)

Alphawolf
Dec 09, 2005, 05:59 PM
I had left impeachment out because I had planned to have a poll anyway not because I have a problem with impeachment (glares at RF). How should impeachment work for the Cabinet?

The Triumvirate can fire them in some way,
A Floor vote of the Citizens Assembly
The Judiciary can remove them
Combination (Please Post)
Other
No Impeachment

-the Wolf

I am the Future
Dec 09, 2005, 06:15 PM
Empeachment should only be able to be implemented by a 2/3 majority ote of the people. In the event of an empeachment a President elect will take over for the remainder of the term. The president elect will be voted on by the citizens and put in office 1 week after the empechment. The president elect is guaranteed a spot on the next presidential ballot.

Stilgar08
Dec 12, 2005, 02:52 AM
:hmm: that's a difficult one... I'll think about it... From my first impression there should be a mix regarding the different positions:

the tri Floor vote 2/3 or even 3/4?
Director of Intelligence: Fired by the tri?
Judiciary: I would give the judiciary the power to do so but only if there are "heavy violations" of the CoL or heavy misregarding of the citizens assembly... - The problem is: This wording is rather "sloppy"... :(

Nobody
Dec 17, 2005, 04:43 PM
i think the Judically should be able to do it, like a criminal case, while the people can do it if enough of them disagree with the way he is running the game

DaveShack
Dec 17, 2005, 09:05 PM
So nobody hasn't noticed there is no poll?

In the DG structure, the Judiciary typically has the power to remove someone for wrongdoing. In RL, impeachment by the legislative branch is the mechanism for removal of the chief executive and judges. RL cabinet members in the US serve at the pleasure of the President, i.e. the President can demand a cabinet member's resignation and normally gets it.

What we could use is Recall, which is usually done by the citizens and doesn't have to be for wrongdoing. Often RL recalls happen because an official doesn't follow campaign promises, or for conduct which looks bad but is not illegal.

Thus there are three major ways of removing an official:

Via criminal proceedings, as the sentence after a guilty verdict.
By the chief executive (President) asking for / demanding the official's resignation.
By recall in a citizen's poll. This is what has been termed impeachment in this thread.

Alphawolf
Dec 17, 2005, 10:26 PM
The poll was HERE (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=146836).

-the Wolf

Alphawolf
Dec 17, 2005, 11:19 PM
Just so everyone understands, this thread was posted at the same time the other one with the poll was posted, I do not know why this one was posted with out the poll, but it was. Now please let this thread sink and go away.

-the Wolf

ravensfire
Dec 17, 2005, 11:24 PM
Officials should face removal from office for two seperate reasons. One - Impeachment for wrong-doing. If a leader intentionally, deliberately and continually flaunts their power in an illegal manner, there should be a process through which they can be removed from office. Traditionally, this is via a Citizen's Complain (or Public Investigation) leading to a trial and a sentancing poll.

DG VII introduced another method - recall. This is a process where the citizens, acting on their own, can actively remove a leader from office. It hasn't been used (yet ...), but the power is there as a warning to the leaders - listen to the People, Or Else.

The Recall information is in the Code of Laws for DG VII, the CC information is in the Judiciary thread for DG VII.

-- Ravensfire

Stilgar08
Dec 20, 2005, 02:45 AM
Ravensfire: Happily I agree with you on this issue! :) (I'm glad we are on the same side occasionally as well!) :)