View Full Version : Triumvirate Content Poll #3 (Impeachment of Cabinet)

Alphawolf
Dec 09, 2005, 08:07 PM
I had left impeachment out because I had planned to have a poll anyway not because I have a problem with impeachment (glares at RF). How should impeachment work for the Cabinet?

The Triumvirate can fire them in some way,
A Floor vote of the Citizens Assembly
The Judiciary can remove them
Combination (Please Post)
Other
No Impeachment

Sorry for putting up two, my power went out for a minute and I had to restart everything

-the Wolf

ravensfire
Dec 09, 2005, 08:26 PM
All elected positions should have a recall provision - impeachment in this set.

1 poll, up or down, private, after 2 days of discussion.

-- Ravensfire

DaveShack
Dec 10, 2005, 12:06 AM
My vote is for other, but on a technicality. The floor vote IMHO is illegal as written because it excludes some members of the government. If a floor vote is a simple poll, then my vote goes for that option.

However, I also believe that if we do follow a two-tier executive branch with some elected offices and some appointed, then the President (or maybe a unanimous vote of the tri) should be able to request a resignation of an appointed official. If the official agrees to step down, then we skip the spectacle of a formal recall.

Alphawolf
Dec 10, 2005, 12:30 AM
My vote is for other, but on a technicality. The floor vote IMHO is illegal as written because it excludes some members of the government.

:nono: You didn't notice the v4.1 on the first post? I havn't had time to post in the thread but I changed that Part hours ago. I'll post something now.

-the Wolf

Stilgar08
Dec 12, 2005, 04:21 AM
My vote is for other, but on a technicality. The floor vote IMHO is illegal as written because it excludes some members of the government. If a floor vote is a simple poll, then my vote goes for that option.

However, I also believe that if we do follow a two-tier executive branch with some elected offices and some appointed, then the President (or maybe a unanimous vote of the tri) should be able to request a resignation of an appointed official. If the official agrees to step down, then we skip the spectacle of a formal recall.

Personally I like the idea that the government itself cannot vote in its own favor... I voted pro the constitution but I haven't seen anything which is contra this build-up...