View Full Version : New Civilization: Thailand

Perseid
Jan 19, 2006, 04:39 AM
Well, this is my first attempt at a Civ4 mod, so wish me luck. I can't consider this completely done, since the 'pedia entries are sparse to say the least, but before I fix that I want to make sure I'm not doing something way wrong.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3AN4EOXJ

EDIT: So, yeah, apparently this site has an upload area. :)

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/Thailand.zip

Pratputajao
Jan 21, 2006, 06:54 AM
Ya beat me to it;) I've had Siam done for sometime but have been having trouble getting the flag to work right!! Anyway, I'll check it out. I cant believe it took this long for someone else to do Siam/Thailand. I am guessing you used Mongkut as Leader? I went with Chalulangkorn and Narasuen. I'll put mine up here sometime.

Shqype
Jan 21, 2006, 10:44 AM
Can you guys post some screen shots and some general information of the civ, such as UU stats and such? Thanks :)

Perseid
Jan 22, 2006, 12:34 AM
60 Cities

Leaders
-------
Ramkhamhaeng (Spiritual/Aggressive)
Mongkut (Creative/Philosophical)
Chulalongkorn (Organized/Financial)
Adulyadej (Creative/Spiritual)

Civs
----
Meditation
Agriculture

Unit
----
Battle Elephant (11/2)

Changes I already know I need to make:
1. I now think elephant is WAY too strong
2. Meditation needs to be changed. As fitting as it is to have Thailand found Buddhism, it's probably a balance issue, and I don't think it even works upon closer inspection.
3. Adulyadej isn't really a political leader. I should probably replace him with the prime minister or remove him altogether.
4. The pedia entries, well, suck.

The battle elephant should probably be skinned, but I don't think that's something I'll want to tackle.

And screen shots will come once I figure out how to make them. :)

I was surprised I didn't see this civ as well. I was afraid all the 'good' civilizations were going to be taken already.

EDIT: Pics!

Shqype
Jan 22, 2006, 12:58 AM
There are some "great" civilizations yet to be released ;)

You are right about the elephant UU and the starting techs being unbalanced and overpowered. And woah, 60 cities is a lot!

Pratputajao
Jan 22, 2006, 01:01 AM
I love the inclusion of Adulyadej I was going to use him but (silly) thought I was limeted to two :blush: He may not be the political leader, but have no doubt- he IS the leader. My wife is Thai and coudnt care less about Thaksin but she would give her life for the King as would most Thai. Personally, I would leave him in.

As I probably wont release mine you could use the Pedia entry I 'composed' it is from a few reputable sources and gives a pretty good history of Siam/Thailand. Let me know if you want it and I will send it to you to check out. I know Making pedia entries kinda suck so i can relate with waiting until last to do it. I still have yet to write something about Chalulongkorn and Narasuen...

Perseid
Jan 22, 2006, 01:02 AM
Yeah, I already changed the elephant to 9/2 and replaced Meditation with Mysticism, but I want to play with it a bit before I bother re-uploading it.

Perseid
Jan 22, 2006, 01:05 AM
Ok, I'll leave Adulyadej. :) And if you'd like me to use your pedia entries, that would be great. If your wife is Thai, I'd be willing to bet you know a lot more about Thailand than I do.

Pratputajao
Jan 22, 2006, 03:47 AM
Cool, I garuantee you that Thai people View Adulyadej as their leader not any politician. I just sent you the info; if you have any questions let me know.