View Full Version : UN request: Civ selection.

robboo
Feb 16, 2006, 09:06 PM
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=159623
As you can see the UN wants our civ selection. So I propose using the selection method by GeorgeOP.

Simply its like this. You list your choices 1 thru 5. Number 5 is worth 1 point and number 1 is worth 5. The most "points" will be the top 5 civs. If any are tied it will broken by poll.

I will end it on Wed(2/22) of next week noon CDT(6 GMT). You can change your mind until that time by editting your post. Then we can break any ties and submit our choices by Friday. I will end this thread with a post that has the results. I invite all of you to check my math. I am dyslexic..( so dont make me the team accountant;) )

I ask to make my job a bit easier to post like my (next) )post below put your five choices numbered then put in anything you want to say.

So unless anyone objects or has a better idea lets get this done. The only other way to do this would be to pick a trait by poll and select the top 2 for our leader. Any thoughts

robboo
Feb 16, 2006, 09:16 PM
1. Catherine -Russian creative and Financial
2. Isabella -Spain Spiritual and Financial
3. Alex -Greek Philosophical and Agressive
4. Ceasar-Rome expansive and organized
5. Kublia Khan Mongolia agressive and creative

I think the financial is imporant as well as the "free" culture. I think that if we had to pick something good to go with financial..spiritual would be good. Think of lots of whipping to protect us in a pinch. The last 3 are mainly for the UU's.

Black_Hole
Feb 16, 2006, 09:21 PM
1. Catherine -Russian creative and Financial
2. Isabella -Spain Spiritual and Financial
3. Alex -Greek Philosophical and Agressive
4. Ceasar-Rome expansive and organized
5. Kublia Khan Mongolia agressive and creative

I think the financial is imporant as well as the "free" culture. I think that if we had to pick something good to go with financial..spiritual would be good. Think of lots of whipping to protect us in a pinch. The last 3 are mainly for the UU's.
I 100% agree with this list, Catherine should definetly be first

ybbor
Feb 16, 2006, 09:24 PM
1. Ceasar-Rome
2. Kublia Khan Mongolia

after that, no preferance

Robi D
Feb 16, 2006, 10:38 PM
1.Catherine -Russia
2.Alexander - Greece
3.Ceasar -Rome
4.Isabella - Spain
5.Victoria - England

Thats my two cents:)

Kuningas
Feb 17, 2006, 05:07 AM
1. Catherine - Russia (5p)
2. Isabella - Spain (4p)
3. Elisabeth - England (3p)
4. Victoria - England (2p)
5. Alexander - Greece (1p)

robboo
Feb 18, 2006, 10:05 AM
more votes please only 5 out of 11( or 12)

robboo
Feb 19, 2006, 01:23 PM
daily bump..Come on you guys vote even if you only want to say one name.

Of everything we have to decide this is the most important thing. I expect 100% voter turnout in this.

Ginger_Ale
Feb 19, 2006, 02:23 PM
FYI, you'll never got 100% voter turnout for anything...some people just forget about this, some don't really care too much, some wait for the game to start, etc. Getting 50% of people to vote isn't that bad.

robboo
Feb 19, 2006, 02:41 PM
We had over 90% (11/12) for a minor detail ( speed or size)..so I was hopfully for this but we have a few days left on this.

oagersnap
Feb 19, 2006, 03:07 PM
I abstain.

robboo
Feb 20, 2006, 02:54 PM
daily bump

robboo
Feb 21, 2006, 10:31 AM
daily bump...any one else...

GeorgeOP
Feb 21, 2006, 02:32 PM
1. Cathy
2. Kublai Khan
3. Alexander
4. Genghis
5. Caesar

robboo
Feb 22, 2006, 08:36 AM
For those that voted thr other thread on Civ selction. If you did not vote here should I move you votes over to this thread.

I will compile the results using just this thread and then this thread plus the other one. In roughly 4 or 5 hours I will post the reults here then I will PM the admins.

robboo
Feb 22, 2006, 01:07 PM
Civ selections
Rank Name points ( number of voters that picked them)
1. Catherine 25 (5 voters)
2. Alexander 14 (5 voters)
3. Isabella 14 ( 4 voters)
4. Ceasar 13 ( 5 voters)
5. Kubla kahn 10 ( 5 voters)
6. Victoria 3
7. Elizabeth 3
8 G Khan 2

If you look at peoples reponses in thr other thread and add those here You get Catherine, Alex and Ceasar tied, then K Khan, then Isabella. However..I dont want to go with those choices, all but one of them was posted prior to this thread starting and I know I have switched my order a couple of times since then.

If anyone has any problems with the order being: Catherine, Alexander, Isabella, Ceasar, Kublia Khan.

If no response to tehneagtive in this thread by tomorrow at this time I will PM the choices to the Admins. I'd also like to hear some approval of our choices also.

ybbor
Feb 22, 2006, 01:21 PM
However..I dont want to go with those choices,...

If anyone has any problems with the order being: Catherine, Alexander, Isabella, Ceasar, Kublia Khan.

wait, if you don't want to go with that order, why'd you pick them?

robboo
Feb 22, 2006, 01:23 PM
Well that is the correct order.. since only 6 people voted I am trying to get others to respond. I personally like the order.

robboo
Feb 23, 2006, 02:32 PM
Pm sent to admins.

BCLG100
Feb 24, 2006, 11:43 AM
well bit late now but id have voted same as ybbor with ceasar 3rd