Mar 22, 2006, 04:28 PM
I second your nomination.

BCLG100
Mar 23, 2006, 01:48 PM
ill nominate strider

Oldbus
Mar 23, 2006, 04:06 PM
Dear Candidate,

(Please note that my status for asking this is unappointed, unelected, unconfirmed, unapproved, un-JR'd and uncoordinated).

Some members of the Idiots Partee would like to ask:

Section A (please answer both questions)
A1. What is your favourite beverage and snack?
A2. What's the weirdest color you have ever seen come out of your body? (Marks will be deducted for ANY explanation whatsoever)

Section B (please answer one or more questions)
B1. "Religion, politics and war are inevitably linked throughout human history." Discuss this statement with reference to the Civ IV game mechanics and your personal philosophy on life in no more than 5 words. You get a bonus mark if one of those words is 'fedora'.
B2. Discuss the evil doers of Scooby Do, the original series in no more than 10 words. Compare and contrast their motives with those of Joseph McCarthy and Yosef Stalin.
B3. In ten words or less, are the Idiots a result of nature or nurture?

Thank you

Oldbus
Mar 23, 2006, 04:29 PM
Dear Presidential Candidate,

Err...a rather different request this time :lol:

Over the last term, various people have mentioned 'the big picture' and that we are at a stage in the game where we need to understand the big picture and start planning accordingly.

I'm not asking you to elaborate on what you think it is (though don't let me stop you) - because I think it is something we all need to contribute towards (your views on this point would be interesting).

One of my concerns is that we don't end up like the mice in Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy and end up with some an answer and never know what the question(s) is(are). If you are elected President, what questions do you think we should be asking to help us decide how to plan the future?

How would you propose to help us see beyond the boundaries of own ministries and/or citizen's groups or concerns so that we are not switching strategy from turnchat to turnchat? How would you plan to balance that with not forgetting some crucial details so that we are not all saying 'ooops' about 2 turnchats into our Grand Plan and found the Mongols have swept us into the sea?

Nobody
Mar 23, 2006, 05:08 PM
I nominate Chieftess

Strider
Mar 23, 2006, 05:18 PM
I'll accept my nomination. Don't have time to answer the questions at this time though. So I'll handle those later.

Chieftess
Mar 23, 2006, 09:17 PM
I nominate Chieftess

I'll have to decline. My schedule for the next few months is still an unknown, since I'm not sure exactly which days of the week I'll be visiting my grandmother at the hospital. (She's really improving, talking more, too, although occasionally can't find the right words. The good thing is, she's saying longer sentences, holding conversations, and if she can't find the right word, it's rarer now. She's got a bit of pnuemonia right now -- it's been going around in the hospital, of all places, and I think a slight case of laryngitist (sp).) She loves to watch golf and Tiger Woods, though.

The funny thing is, I never knew she had false teeth until this week.

Chillaxation
Mar 24, 2006, 09:03 AM
I respectfully decline the nomination for president.

BCLG100
Mar 24, 2006, 11:20 AM
I nominate dave and rik as well, cummon rik gotta start playing again!

DaveShack
Mar 24, 2006, 02:45 PM
Hmm, if we have any contested election, this should be the one.

I nominate Donovan Zoi and Cyc.

DaveShack
Mar 25, 2006, 02:02 AM
I decline this nomination so that I can accept Secretary of State and avoid us having another no-candidate position.

Donovan Zoi
Mar 25, 2006, 01:05 PM
Hmm, if we have any contested election, this should be the one.

I nominate Donovan Zoi and Cyc.
???

Thank you, Dave. Just to ensure that the people are given a true choice for the Presidency of our great country, I shall accept this nomination.

Donovan Zoi
Mar 25, 2006, 01:46 PM
And now, to get to some questions from the citizenry:

Dear Candidate,

(Please note that my status for asking this is unappointed, unelected, unconfirmed, unapproved, un-JR'd and uncoordinated).

Some members of the Idiots Partee would like to ask:

Section A (please answer both questions)
A1. What is your favourite beverage and snack?

Mountain Dew Code Red and Starburst Jelly Beans. Are you threatening me?

A2. What's the weirdest color you have ever seen come out of your body? (Marks will be deducted for ANY explanation whatsoever)

Psychadelic orange

Section B (please answer one or more questions)
B1. "Religion, politics and war are inevitably linked throughout human history." Discuss this statement with reference to the Civ IV game mechanics and your personal philosophy on life in no more than 5 words. You get a bonus mark if one of those words is 'fedora'.

Knock my fedora off. Please?

B2. Discuss the evil doers of Scooby Do, the original series in no more than 10 words. Compare and contrast their motives with those of Joseph McCarthy and Yosef Stalin.

Paranoid, diabolical, and ultimately exposed by meddlesome stoners. All three.

B3. In ten words or less, are the Idiots a result of nature or nurture?

Nature. To think otherwise would test my faith in humanity.

Thank you

Your welcome. :)

Donovan Zoi
Mar 25, 2006, 01:58 PM
Dear Presidential Candidate,

Err...a rather different request this time :lol:

Over the last term, various people have mentioned 'the big picture' and that we are at a stage in the game where we need to understand the big picture and start planning accordingly.

I'm not asking you to elaborate on what you think it is (though don't let me stop you) - because I think it is something we all need to contribute towards (your views on this point would be interesting).

One of my concerns is that we don't end up like the mice in Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy and end up with some an answer and never know what the question(s) is(are). If you are elected President, what questions do you think we should be asking to help us decide how to plan the future?

How would you propose to help us see beyond the boundaries of own ministries and/or citizen's groups or concerns so that we are not switching strategy from turnchat to turnchat? How would you plan to balance that with not forgetting some crucial details so that we are not all saying 'ooops' about 2 turnchats into our Grand Plan and found the Mongols have swept us into the sea?

I'll actually have to open the game to tell you that! Let me see where we are at this point and I will have an answer for you soon.

For the moment, let me just say that I have been very successful in the past in working with ministries/offices to reach a common goal. We just need to figure out what the heck it is, though I am guessing it's not "forty-two."

Strider
Mar 25, 2006, 02:33 PM

There is no big picture and I doubt there will ever be. What the hell is the fun in having everything planned out weeks in advance? If we know were going to have a domination victory three months into the game, what the hell is the point in playing?

If anything, we need to start making more mistakes. It keeps things unpredictable, more surprising, and alot more interesting.

----------------

I will carry out and expand upon everything I tried for last term. This includes expanding the RPG and the Information Department. I will also try to coordinate efforts between differant officials, allowing our plans to actually run parrallel to eachother.

robboo
Mar 25, 2006, 09:13 PM
I have a questio or 4.

1. Since both of you has been on record as saying that this game has been off track...who or what is to blame and what do you plan to do about it?

2. Do you think or want us at war during this term?

3. Do you and how would you increase participation?

4. Do you feel the new players without previous demo-game experince are helping the game or hindering it?

Good luck to both of you...because as of now I don't know who to vote for..

Strider
Mar 25, 2006, 09:42 PM
1. Since both of you has been on record as saying that this game has been off track...who or what is to blame and what do you plan to do about it?

My plans are already in motion, I would just like to expand upon them. I also want to set up a citizens group later on that writes stories/editorials for the front page. Hopefully that will bring in some extra partcipation.

2. Do you think or want us at war during this term?

It's hard to say right now. We are just now building our 4th city.. and I don't see us getting into conflict with the Mongolians untill atleast city #6. Wether that will be this term or next term, we will have to see.

3. Do you and how would you increase participation?

Mostly the main page and I think part of our problem is just the complexity of the game overwhelms people.

4. Do you feel the new players without previous demo-game experince are helping the game or hindering it?

If I thought they were hindering it, then I wouldn't want to increase partcipation.

DaveShack
Mar 25, 2006, 10:53 PM
Questions for the candidates:

1. Are you the type of person who is driven to finish things quickly, or do you prefer to let things simmer for a while?

2. Do you tend to finish most tasks?

3. In 20 words or less, what do you think negatively affects demogame participation the worst? Again in 20 words, what is the best positive affect on participation?

4. Which of the following contribute the most to lack of information? (multiple choice, please rank): RL pressures, officials who don't carry through, lack of leadership at the top level, citizens not asking enough / the right questions.

Swissempire
Mar 25, 2006, 11:19 PM
Nominations Closed, but please continue the debate