View Full Version : Norway Mod

AndyTerry
Apr 03, 2006, 12:20 PM
Norway Mod 1.1
Download (http://www.terry.civfanatics.ru/civs/norway.rar)

Description:
This mod adds Norwegian Empire to Sid Meier's Civilization IV as a playable civilization. Civ has flag, two leaders with unique AI, citylist and unique unit.

Installation info:
To install the mod, open an archive and extract it to [Your path to Civilization IV]\Mods\
In a game choose Advanced => Load a Mod => Norway Mod

Information:
Norwegian Empire

Starting techs: Hunting, Fishing

Leaders:
Haakon V (Expansive, Organized; favourite civic - Vassalage)
Olaf II (Aggressive, Spiritual; favourite civic - Organized Religion)

Unique Unit:
Viking (Replaces Axeman; Strength - 5, Movement - 1, Cost - 35, +30% City Attack, +50% with Melee units)

Supported Languages:
English, German, French

Credits:
XML Code, Design, Test - AndyTerry
Viking unit - C.Roland and Rabbit, White
Info research - Laze and AndyTerry

Mod was created after Laze's request

Images and texts were taken from open media sources

History:
v 1.1 (18 Apr)
- Remade to be compatible with 1.61 patch
- Viking unit is remade

v 1.0
- Initial release

(c) AndyTerry's Mods, 2006

Laze
Apr 06, 2006, 04:36 AM
FINALY!! Great!

Leif
Apr 07, 2006, 03:18 PM
I'm Norweigan (yay) and I greatly appreciate the mod, but do you realize that Vikings came from all over scandanavia in addition to never wearing helmets with horns?

AndyTerry
Apr 08, 2006, 05:17 AM
I'm Norweigan (yay) and I greatly appreciate the mod
but do you realize that Vikings came from all over scandanavia
Yes, of course I realize it. Laze suggested Hirdmann, but I'm not a 3D modeller, and can't do it, and viking had been already done, and I used it.
in addition to never wearing helmets with horns?
I didn't know :( And modellers of unit (C.Roland and Rabbit, White) seem to be ignorant too. Sorry :(

Snerk
Apr 08, 2006, 08:07 AM
Finally a norwegian civ! Thank you andyterry! This will go straight into my custom assets.. Superb!:banana:

I dont suppose you could add a more modern leader to the civ? :)

acidsatyr
Apr 10, 2006, 03:32 AM
ummm.... do you realize that UU is very strong?

Tjokkis_II
Apr 11, 2006, 04:41 AM
I have always thought that the historically correct UU for a viking civ would be a viking ship. Weaker than a trireme, but with the ability to ignore borders and follow rivers inland.

AndyTerry
Apr 11, 2006, 05:40 AM
I have always thought that the historically correct UU for a viking civ would be a viking ship. Weaker than a trireme, but with the ability to ignore borders and follow rivers inland.
It's impossible :(

Snerk
Apr 12, 2006, 01:15 PM
Andyterry, my viking doesnt look like the one you have attaced in the first post. Its just an axeman. Also, have you seen this unit?:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=166734

Perfect viking UU!!

AndyTerry
Apr 13, 2006, 06:12 AM
Andyterry, my viking doesnt look like the one you have attaced in the first post. Its just an axeman. Also, have you seen this unit?:

Perfect viking UU!!
It's a very strange problem... OK, gonna release 1.1 version in few days

Tjokkis_II
Apr 13, 2006, 11:58 AM
...(sniped)...

Perfect viking UU!!

Serious? Horns where never ever worn on authentic Viking helmets.

Ploeperpengel
Apr 13, 2006, 12:18 PM

It's a fantasy unit but also made versions without the horns posted, for those who want it more realistic and well boring too;)

Snerk
Apr 13, 2006, 05:39 PM

Well ofcourse they wheren't, but a horned helmed is the worlds best symbolize of a viking. And you'll see that there is a version without hornedhelmets, eventhough i think the horned version should be used because it is made so good.

acidsatyr
Apr 14, 2006, 02:59 AM
that UU is greatly overpowered. 6 str AND 10 % city attack??? Give me a break, its swordman with 50% melee attack and difference in cost between the 2 is nonexistant...

AndyTerry
Apr 14, 2006, 05:29 AM
that UU is greatly overpowered. 6 str AND 10 % city attack??? Give me a break, its swordman with 50% melee attack and difference in cost between the 2 is nonexistant...
Now I realize it... Sorry, I so used to do new units for 20 century, where differs between units are more. I will fix this problem in an upcoming version.

Leif
Apr 14, 2006, 09:07 AM
Why not just call the UU a Bezerk?

Snerk
Apr 14, 2006, 04:45 PM
Why not just call the UU a Bezerk?

mmmh... cause bezerk isn't a word?

SzechuanLlama
Apr 17, 2006, 11:33 AM
Personally, I think the only choice for a Norwegian uber-unit is the Hurra Torpedo (http://www.hurratorpedo.com/).

AndyTerry
Apr 18, 2006, 08:51 AM
Updated to 1.1

Leif
Apr 18, 2006, 09:07 AM
A bezerk (or bezerker) was one who channeled the rage, power, and emotions of an animal, such as a bear or a wolf. I think the vikings rock, I'm Norweigan myself, but vikings were a culture, almost their own civ, not just a special type of soldier.

gisle
Apr 18, 2006, 01:56 PM
my flag is red:( how do I fix it?

acidsatyr
Apr 18, 2006, 08:25 PM
I’m sorry I have to criticize your UU again but all in good intentions -
UU = 5 + 30% = 6.5 str vs. city + being aggressive makes it even more stronger.
Swordsmen = 6 + 10% = 6.6 str vs. city.
Which again renders Swordsman as useless, not to mention your UU has 50% melee attack. Its simply too strong that early in the game.
I think the the right way would be to add some auxiliary skill, like having a regular axmen with blitz, or 75% melee units (instead of 50), or making it start with woodsman promotion or maybe only adding 10% city attack.

AndyTerry
Apr 19, 2006, 05:29 AM
my flag is red:( how do I fix it?
What graphic card do you have? GeForce 4, maybe?

gisle
Apr 19, 2006, 06:51 AM
got a SiS M661MX 3D(??)... a it came with my acer aspire 3610..

ScarletFox
Apr 19, 2006, 07:31 AM
nice :D

you could have some other leaders, than just vikings.... Bondevik for instants, hehe

Snerk
Apr 24, 2006, 12:22 PM
Andyterry, How is this scandinavia mod coming along?

AndyTerry
Apr 25, 2006, 08:58 AM
Andyterry, How is this scandinavia mod coming along?
I need to come to agreement with authors of Swedish and Finnish civs. If they don't accept, I'll make those civs myself.

Snerk
Apr 25, 2006, 09:34 AM
Ok, but im sure they wount mind! All modders share their stuff all the time, its the civfanatic way. Trust me, if anything they'll welcome it!

cFccFc
Jun 22, 2006, 10:19 AM
Thanks so much man! But the Norwegian UU should be that new ship that we bought 5 of. The five that SV wants to sell, even though we have just bought them..

Impaler[WrG]
Jun 24, 2006, 08:29 PM
shouldn't a viking unit get Amphibius as a free promotion?

I dont see anything wrong with an Axeman that can fill the role of a swordsman so long as its not too good at it. 5 power with +50% melle and +20% city attack sounds reasonable, its no better then normal Axeman in non-city combat and the Amphibius makes for a viable attack from the sea.

My SeaFaring leader trait would go nicely with this civ as it makes your ships cheaper, faster, stronger and incresses their sightrange.

Matrix1
Jun 28, 2006, 06:59 AM
go viking :goodjob:

Leche
Jul 20, 2006, 01:04 PM
I suggest you add Einar Gerhardsen as a leader for Norway. He lead the country after WW2.

poeta2000
May 31, 2010, 11:58 AM
Hi there!

question about Norwegian language pack. I have bought Civ4 Compl. in my motherland (Poland) so I have Polish language. Now I live in Norway and I learn Norwegian, so it will be very helpful for me to have Norwegian language version. Any ideas where I can get it? Thanks.

Piruparka
Jul 22, 2011, 10:57 AM
Hello,

it appears to me that the mod is down, can somebody please upload it or post a link to it?

Cheers, Piru