View Full Version : -2 features???

ZerrorR
Apr 08, 2006, 09:24 AM
I started a new game... duel map... 3 AIs
I create my second town and it is ill??? -2 features on health :yuck:
I will post the image on monday CET... any ideas why can this happen?

MrCynical
Apr 08, 2006, 09:28 AM
It's perfectly possible for a city to be unhealthy from size one. Jungles and floodplains in a city radius both give unhealthiness, so if you have a lot of either it can lead to unhealthiness even in a size one city. This will be more common at higher difficulty levels since you have less of a cushion of health points at the start.

Woodgar
Apr 08, 2006, 09:29 AM
Is that -2 in total or just a modifier of -2?

You get a negative modifier if you have jungle or floodplains in your fat cross so maybe this is where the -2 modifier is coming from. I suppose it *could* be possible at the higher levels to get a -2 total health if you have so much jungle and/or floodplain that it swamps the starting health bonus, but I don't know what the starting health bonus is at the high levels and so I can't really say.

ZerrorR
Apr 08, 2006, 09:31 AM
ok
flood plains: -1:yuck: - "you have floodplains"
jungle: -1:yuck: - "you have jungle"
??????: -2:yuck: - "you have feature"

????

MrCynical
Apr 08, 2006, 09:36 AM
Is it actually listing the source of the unhealthiness as "feature"? Floodplains and jungle can give more than one point of unhealthiness each (it's something like 0.4 per tile of floodplain and 0.25 per tile of jungle).

Woodgar
Apr 08, 2006, 09:45 AM
Like MrCynical said, if you have multiple jungle or floodplain tiles in your fat cross it way say

-2 :yuck: jungle
-3 :yuck: floodplain

rather than list them seperately.

ZerrorR
Apr 08, 2006, 09:50 AM
Yes... and it gives me a modifier of -2, as I said, I will post image on monday, city has, as I remmember, 3 flood plains and no jungle.

Lord Olleus
Apr 08, 2006, 10:00 AM
I guess you remember wrong

Hans Lemurson
Apr 08, 2006, 05:01 PM
ok
flood plains: -1:yuck: - "you have floodplains"
jungle: -1:yuck: - "you have jungle"
??????: -2:yuck: - "you have feature"

????

Perhaps that last line is "-2:yuck: from terrain features". Sources of Health/unhealth are often sorted into different groups.

If your total unhealthiness is -2:yuck:, then this is the most likely possibility.

If your total unhealth is -4:yuck:, then I am stumped.

ZerrorR
Apr 11, 2006, 07:14 AM
here it is

any ideas why???

cabert
Apr 11, 2006, 07:31 AM
you have flood plains in the fat cross, and it's not listed, so "features" are terrain features, in this particular case, it's flood plains.

Build a granary, and you'll be fine.

KillerCardinal
Apr 12, 2006, 11:33 AM
here it is

any ideas why???
If I remember correctly, each flood plain gives -0.4 health to your city. Since I count 5 flood plains, 5*0.4=2, so -2 health from features adds up correctly.

VoiceOfUnreason
Apr 12, 2006, 02:22 PM
any ideas why???

I wonder if it is confused because not all of the floodplains tiles are in your cultural borders....