View Full Version : Turn 1, 3960 BC

Ginger_Ale
Apr 16, 2006, 07:35 AM
Welcome to the Start of the Civ4 MTDG! :D

The following includes instructions on playing this turn (3960 BC - 4000 BC was needed for password reasons) as well as for all turns in this game.

Here is the turn sending order (note: it is different than the roster sign-up order!):
Loco
Piffle
Aloha
Innovia
Epsilon

So Team Piffle, you will be receiving the save from Team Loco (teamloco.delta AT gmail DOT com), and you will send it to Team Aloha (cfcaloha AT gmail DOT com). Also send a copy to the admins! (emails are in the Team Info thread in the main forum). Please remember that you have 24 hours to play the save once you receive it unless you request an extension. Also, keep in mind that once you have played the save, to record it in the Turn Tracker / Save Info thread in the main MTDG forum.

When saving the turn, please use the default saving convention in game.

Without more talk, your starting location in the map courtesy by Sirian (be sure to thank him!) is attached.

Your password for the save is: holy_hand

You are free to discuss this, as well as where you should explore, research, settle, etc., but remember: we will not send the starting save to Team Loco until the current Ruleset poll in the main forum is done, so that's a bit of an incentive! ;)

Enjoy the game!

by RegentMan and Ginger_Ale, Administrators, with thanks to Sirian, Map Maker

Kickbooti
Apr 16, 2006, 03:24 PM
Well, I don't know Sirian and maybe there is a PERFECT spot nearby, but where we sit isn't bad. Open water, hills, forests, corn.

And of course, I would like to send the warrior to the hut. But then I'm an idiot, wait, that seems like deja vu, perhaps I am just vacuous in this world...

Ginger_Ale
Apr 16, 2006, 06:08 PM
PS: You can just use the default saving convention in game!

Tubby Rower
Apr 16, 2006, 06:27 PM
The hut will be popped with border expansion. We need to find the other teams.

Bede
Apr 16, 2006, 06:36 PM
Drop on the spot, warrior to the SW along the hills. Keep him on the diagonal but either on hills or on trees if you can.

grahamiam
Apr 16, 2006, 06:58 PM
Drop on the spot, warrior to the SW along the hills. Keep him on the diagonal but either on hills or on trees if you can.
I agree, don't see any advantage in moving atm. However, turnplayer may want to post a screenie with the resources highlighted.

Furiey
Apr 17, 2006, 01:03 AM
I also agree with on the spot and warrior SW down the hills. I will certainly need screenies for a while (with grid and resources) at least until I can get my game running with the patch which may take a while. I have to get back home first!

Whomp
Apr 17, 2006, 07:31 AM
Cool.
Who wants to start us off?
City name?
Warrior name?
First build a warrior, right to a worker or worker at pop 2?
Research?

Bede
Apr 17, 2006, 07:59 AM
I'd be happy to take the start: but have a question: what are the details for the team mailbox at gmail? Need at least a password.

I will also start the Department of Turnplay and Turnplay Log threads.

@whomp, you going to vote on the ruleset?

Whomp
Apr 17, 2006, 08:57 AM
Bede--Tubby created a thread with the password and gmail box. Clicky here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=158957)

He's also been voting in the U.N. threads about rules and such.
I guess that makes Tubby..Po-PIFFLE.

Bede
Apr 17, 2006, 09:16 AM
Got the login "teampiffle" but no sign of a password - "grenade" doesn't work

Whomp
Apr 17, 2006, 09:30 AM
I found this in another thread. It looks like our gmail password is
holy_hand
and the save password is
grenade

Now all we need is a save to be sent by Loco.
and we can send it to
cfcaloha AT gmail DOT com
ale.of.ginger AT gmail DOT com
TitanicWhiz18 AT comcast DOT net

Ginger_Ale
Apr 17, 2006, 10:10 AM
Whomp, I put this in bold and red for a reason - I'm not sure how you didn't see it, unless you didn't read this thread.

What that means is that your password to open the save is holy_hand. I'm not sure what your gmail password is (the same?), but I was looking through teams' forums when creating passwords to see if there was any preferences by the teams, and I saw holy_hand for Piffle so I used it.

Bede
Apr 17, 2006, 10:58 AM
Whomp, I put this in bold and red for a reason - I'm not sure how you didn't see it, unless you didn't read this thread.

What that means is that your password to open the save is holy_hand. I'm not sure what your gmail password is (the same?), but I was looking through teams' forums when creating passwords to see if there was any preferences by the teams, and I saw holy_hand for Piffle so I used it.

Why didn't I think of that: the password for the gmail is the save password and the grenade was built by the idiot armorer, 'cause it don't work.

I am going to alter that if I can....

Whomp
Apr 17, 2006, 11:02 AM
Holy handed cow, batman...you are correct Ginger. :old:

I think it's holy_hand and holy_hand then.

Bede
Apr 17, 2006, 11:05 AM
Nah, the gmail grenade now works as it should (it explodes things)

Tubby Rower
Apr 17, 2006, 12:17 PM
Ruleset has been voted upon...by me

pindicator
Apr 18, 2006, 05:02 PM
Now all we need is a save to be sent by Loco.

Looks like the save has been sent (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=3945198&postcount=15), so we're up within 24 hours

Tubby Rower
Apr 18, 2006, 05:25 PM
Here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=167405) is the Turn tracker thread. I suggest that everyone subscribe to it so that you know where the save is.

Furiey
Apr 19, 2006, 03:00 PM
The save is in our gmail account so we're off!

Just need someone to play it now, unfortunatley 1.61 did not solve my floodplains issues so I can't.

Tubby Rower
Apr 19, 2006, 04:29 PM
Dept. of Turnplay (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=167551)

Internal Affairs (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=167555)

Feriegn Affairs. (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=167554)

Subscribe if you haven't already