View Full Version : President's office- Term 1

ybbor
Apr 16, 2006, 09:42 AM
For discussion of carrying out the decisions of other leaders, workers, city management, and powers and responsibilities not specified to other leaders.

Here's our starting Position: 123620

Immediate matters to discuss: where the scout goes what to build first

I propose the scout go first south to the rice, and then SW to the hills I also propose we first build a worker (remember, unlike civ3 it's not as convenient to switch production)

BCLG100
Apr 16, 2006, 09:57 AM
another idea, is to send the scout north west then north to make sure there isnt another resource we can grab instead of the pigs, as we know right now the resources we will have in our city radius if we settle where we are we and also pretty much know what if we move one space south.

I think we should build a warrior until we hit size 2 and then change over to a worker, that way production on the warrior is still saved.

just to double check ybbor you've got the patch dont you?

ybbor
Apr 16, 2006, 10:13 AM
just to double check ybbor you've got the patch dont you?

:mischief: hehe, oh yeah. I was staying back while playing the GOTM, thank you for the reminder :blush:

BCLG100
Apr 16, 2006, 11:20 AM
lol thought you'd have scorned me for even asking :p

Robi D
Apr 16, 2006, 09:10 PM
For the exploration part of the question i would check out how big our penisular is by going south first. After that i would head out east.

robboo
Apr 16, 2006, 09:25 PM
Head north adn east..let the first warrior built explore our peninsula..You save a bunch of turns and get a quick exploration going.

BCLG100
Apr 16, 2006, 09:44 PM
we should go north and check there isnt something valuable were missing before we settle. plus their are mountains to the south, as robboo said this would cut down the benefeits of the scout so we shouldnt go south.

robboo
Apr 17, 2006, 08:04 AM
When we go North...we should hug the coast. You see that little peice of land right off the coast..it could be connected to our "continent" if it is then we have a nice little horseshoe shaped bay that we should settle and protect and the Fiancaial benefits of the coastal water really come into play.

also the cultural borders will expand and might show us everythig we need to see further south before we can even build a warrior.

ybbor
Apr 17, 2006, 01:00 PM
okay. I'll move to the plains going NW and then NE

(remember, because of the way the map is set up will reveal an average of two more tiles when we go diagonal (i.e. NW, SE) as opposed to vertical (N,S) or horizontal(E,W))

BCLG100
Apr 17, 2006, 01:22 PM
And unless we see anything real good up there we should just settle where we are.

robboo
Apr 18, 2006, 09:54 AM
Mr. President

The ruleset has been approved. I expect the game to start at any time. Let me know if you wont be able to play the turn.

ybbor
Apr 21, 2006, 04:41 PM
Turn: 2
Year: 3920 BC

Headlines:
Cows discovered! Pail prices rise as citizens anticipate milk

move scout N-NE

science at 100%

Domestic matters:

We are running 100% science. We have 0 gold and are running at +0 gpt.

We have 10/81 beakers in agriculture - due in 8 turns

city-building (turns to completion according to game)

Aloha-warrior 14

we have 0 workers

all build okay?

Military Matters:

current ground deployment: 1
1 scout

ground forces:
Scout: close NE hill

this familiar? I didn't steal it from anybody :mischief: and besides, even if I did, you can't prove anything!

robboo
Apr 21, 2006, 04:59 PM
Hey ybbor you want discussion here or in a new thread.

I see water 1 tile North and 1 NE, I also see water to our East of the scout. Definitely interesting land....

Where are you planning on heading with the scout?

ybbor
Apr 21, 2006, 05:29 PM
discussion here.

I'm torn between the hills. on one hand, the N-NE hill is the most efficient and probably takes us more toward the "center" of the map (equator=drier terrain, and in terms of dryness, plains>grassland). It's also the most "efficient" since we don't re-cover land we've already seen. On the other hand, the SE-SE hill is probably surrounded by land (compared to the N hill, which is probably surrounded by more water). It's also more productive land, and if the first priority of early exploration is to find the site for the 2nd city, I'd say that the cow hill is our best bet

right now I'm leaning to the cow. what do you think?

robboo
Apr 21, 2006, 06:08 PM
I think that hill south of the cow. I see the cow being in our fat cross of our next city. We could swing the scout SE or SW from there. Just keep jumping hill to hill till we run out of room.

I got a feeling we are on a "snakey continent" type map. Maybe a flipped axis too--Siran has stated in one of his succesion games he likes that map type. There just doesnt seem to be much land around. I see all sorts of signs of water. We might be on a continent that can only hold 4 to 8 cities. If we keep seeing water we need to start on sea techs.

I will be around all weekend and check in every 6 hours or so to make sure we dont get a save. I got your back if you dont make it in time. :)

BCLG100
Apr 21, 2006, 06:19 PM
Could it be possible sirian has given us an archie map???!

robboo
Apr 21, 2006, 07:05 PM
that too...However my archie are seem much smaller land bodies than this hence snakey continents

ybbor
Apr 21, 2006, 07:11 PM
I was thinking the same thing about a flipped axis. it maxes since, to try to challange our preconceptions of exploration.

Note however with flipped axis the terrain is correspondingly flipped, so desert is in the center and tundra toward the E and W.

I don't thnik we got arpechgio. they just aren't fun to play in terms of multiplayer, and would draw the game out really long, something we don't want in a PBEM. My money's on a particularly watery lakes map.

ybbor
Apr 22, 2006, 03:45 PM
Turn: 3
Year: 3880 BC

Headlines:
Native tribes discovered, scouts question on whether to send advance party

move scout SE-SE

science at 100%

Domestic matters:

We are running 100% science. We have 0 gold and are running at +0 gpt.

We have 19/81 beakers in agriculture - due in 7 turns

Aloha-warrior 13

we have 0 workers

all build okay?

Military Matters:

1 scout

ground forces:
Scout: close NE hill

BCLG100
Apr 22, 2006, 04:28 PM
oooo a tribe, what are we hoping for most? id prefer a settler the most, slimest chances in the world of it happening but would be nice to have our second city up early :)

ybbor
Apr 22, 2006, 04:40 PM
do we want to pop-it right away? it seems like a no braioner since we're entering with a scout, but someone may have a better plan

robboo
Apr 22, 2006, 04:51 PM
POP IT!

gold is good, tech is better, and settlers rock. Another scout would even help...the others just help more long term.

I guess we picked the "right" way to explore. :)

BCLG100
Apr 22, 2006, 08:02 PM
theres a fair chance there may be a hut as far away the other side as well though, so if it is a scout should we send it back the way we came or keep going west and just more northerly/southerly?

robboo
Apr 22, 2006, 08:28 PM
I think we send the new scout back the way we came...that clam river mouth needs some looking over....before we build a city.

Robi D
Apr 22, 2006, 10:55 PM
Pop the hut there is no reason to wait.

ybbor
Apr 23, 2006, 04:08 PM
Turn: 4
Year: 3840 BC

Headlines:
Native tribes friendly, give 104 gold!

Aloha expands, more tribes sighted!

move scout E-SE

science at 100%

Domestic matters:

We are running 100% science. We have 103 gold and are running at +0 gpt.

We have 30/85 beakers in agriculture - due in 6 turns

Aloha-warrior 12

we have 0 workers

all build okay?

Military Matters:

1 scout

ground forces:
Scout: east coast

aloha expands:124579

scout uncovers gold:124580

Note that if you rollover the coast, you see the tile giving +1 :food: and +3 :commerce: meaning it's an ocean and not a (small) inland lake

BCLG100
Apr 23, 2006, 04:15 PM
if were racing to the hut move the scout onto the hill north north west of where it is.

though that clams, cow combo looks like a nice place for a city if it gets a resource.

ybbor
Apr 23, 2006, 04:18 PM
I was thinking we'd save the hut, there's no rush. I was thinking we would go NE-NE it's pretty efficient

BCLG100
Apr 23, 2006, 05:40 PM
Ah right i looked at the pics in the wrong order and assumed that you were already moving back, which i thought was a bad idea :)

It doesnt really matter which way we explore so long as we are uncovering area the majority of the time so whatever you decide ybbor :)

robboo
Apr 23, 2006, 07:42 PM
Great looking land.....

So ybbor...both of the big bodies of water are ocean or lakes.

ybbor
Apr 23, 2006, 07:46 PM
Turn: 5
Year: 3800 BC

Headlines:
deserts discovered

move scout NE-NE

science at 100%

Domestic matters:

We have 40/85 beakers in agriculture - due in 5 turns

Aloha-warrior 11

we have 0 workers

all build okay?

Military Matters:

1 scout

ground forces:
Scout: east coast hill

ybbor
Apr 23, 2006, 07:48 PM
right now I'm thinking NW-NW. any suggestions?

Robi D
Apr 23, 2006, 08:36 PM
right now I'm thinking NW-NW. any suggestions?

I was thinking we could do a big arc around the territory we can see heading N-NW then swinging around, because there seems to be a lot of bodies of water around the place so i think it would be a good idea to map out our area for future choke points etc.

robboo
Apr 23, 2006, 08:40 PM
right now..any direction looks good...either NW or SE/SW.

YOU GUYS ARE ROCKIN...with the turns. Good job.

ybbor
Apr 23, 2006, 09:16 PM
I was thinking we could do a big arc around the territory we can see heading N-NW then swinging around, because there seems to be a lot of bodies of water around the place so i think it would be a good idea to map out our area for future choke points etc.

I hope you don't mean N-NW for this particular turn- as that would put us on top of a mountain :lol:

@SE/SW: it looks like the island's almost done on that end, of course I just get that sense from AI-made maps...

robboo
Apr 23, 2006, 09:24 PM
True..I had the same idea around our capital...then look it turns out to be a Lake.

Also can any of us look at the save.. ..I am just curious about the land..I just dont get a feel for the terrain like this. I assume all of them have been kept in our mail box?

ybbor
Apr 23, 2006, 09:33 PM
hmmm, pn further examination of the map i'm starting to wonder- where's the equator? to the north lies desert, and to the south lies jungle. I don't know what to amke of it...

robboo
Apr 23, 2006, 10:42 PM
I think..its a fractal map sorta thing...Ihave been toying around with it and you get some wild stuff like this.

I really dont think it matters....explore... find good land.... build cities.... kick butt. When all of the other teams are lying defeated then we can figure out what map it is. ITs more of a mental game to get us off our game.

IF I were to guess...You are looking at a Africa like situation...Desert... equator....then jungle/savanas

Robi D
Apr 24, 2006, 01:51 AM
I hope you don't mean N-NW for this particular turn- as that would put us on top of a mountain :lol:

@SE/SW: it looks like the island's almost done on that end, of course I just get that sense from AI-made maps...

I ment is as a general direction for the next few turns rather than specific ones for this turn

Sirian
Apr 24, 2006, 04:20 AM
right now..any direction looks good...either NW or SE/SW.

YOU GUYS ARE ROCKIN...with the turns. Good job.

Yes, the turns are moving along nicely. It's a shame that only a few people have access to everybody's forum to watch the complete game unfolding. If it keeps moving like this, I may have to check in almost daily. :)

- Sirian

Rik Meleet
Apr 24, 2006, 05:32 AM
Yes, the turns are moving along nicely. It's a shame that only a few people have access to everybody's forum to watch the complete game unfolding. If it keeps moving like this, I may have to check in almost daily. :)

- SirianYeah, it's just Regentman, Ginger_Ale, you and a handful of Mods. Don't worry; after the game all fora will be opened for anyone's entertainment.

robboo
Apr 24, 2006, 06:44 AM
ye gads..Rik and Sirian....gulp. :)

ybbor
Apr 24, 2006, 05:42 PM
Turn: 6
Year: 3760 BC

Headlines:
more deserts discovered

move scout NW-NW

science at 100%

Domestic matters:

We have 50/85 beakers in agriculture - due in 4 turns

Aloha-warrior (10)

we have 0 workers

all build okay?

Military Matters:

1 scout

ground forces:
Scout: desert

robboo
Apr 24, 2006, 05:46 PM
That map is a mess...makes no sense.

BCLG100
Apr 24, 2006, 06:02 PM
how do you mean?

BCLG100
Apr 24, 2006, 06:04 PM
Also how long till aloha grows? i think we should switch to worker at size 2.

ybbor
Apr 24, 2006, 06:38 PM
3 turns.

I'm thinking of gowing N-NE. any objections?

also I'm tihking the jungles are just a divrsion. on the whole we seem to be moving toward the center

BCLG100
Apr 24, 2006, 07:04 PM
nah seems alright, just keep expanding in a loop.

robboo
Apr 24, 2006, 09:28 PM
how do you mean?
Darker trees are usually near poles, light trees then jungle. You got spotches all over. Just not a clear cut map.

Keep up the good work ybbor

ybbor
Apr 25, 2006, 07:53 PM
Turn: 7
Year: 3720 BC

Headlines:
more tribes spotted, diplomats prepare beads and dyes

move scout N-NW

science at 100%

Domestic matters:

We have 60/85 beakers in agriculture - due in 3 turns

Aloha-warrior (9)

we have 0 workers

all build okay?

Military Matters:

1 scout

ground forces:
Scout: desert hills

robboo
Apr 25, 2006, 08:48 PM
POP it...lol

What else would you do.. :)

Robi D
Apr 25, 2006, 10:42 PM
That seems to be a pretty solid coastline there. Pop the hut and continue following the coast is the foreign office opinion

BCLG100
Apr 26, 2006, 12:40 PM
follow the coast i spose, aiming for hills if possible.

ybbor
Apr 26, 2006, 07:44 PM
Turn: 8
Year: 3680 BC

Headlines:
Villagers give map

move scout NW-NW

science at 100%

Domestic matters:

We have 70/85 beakers in agriculture - due in 2 turns

Aloha-warrior (8)

we have 0 workers

all build okay?

Military Matters:

1 scout

ground forces:
Scout: northern coast dip

scout's recieve map from villagers. New lands:124958

Aloha will grow next turn124957

What are the specific orders regarding Aloha's population growth?

BCLG100
Apr 26, 2006, 07:51 PM
well i think we should switch to a worker now.

robboo
Apr 26, 2006, 08:44 PM
George had said switch to worker at 2. I am still worried about evil things popping up but less so now.

Also looks like you found a section of Tundra. I guess we can rule out flipped axis.

GeorgeOP
Apr 26, 2006, 11:25 PM
Personally, I think we should start a worker next turn. We haven't found anyone yet, and I think it unlikely anyone else will both find us and risk attacking right away.

Robi D
Apr 27, 2006, 09:05 AM
Pity the map was wasted a bit given that most of the area it uncovered was ocean.
I think we can risk going for the worker as there doesn't appear to be anyone near us and if one of the team happen to drop by they wouldn't be able to tell if we have a unit anyway because our borders have expanded.

Also from what i've seen of the map so far i get the feeling there is more than one continent in the game.

ybbor
Apr 27, 2006, 09:31 AM
note king kong is up to 40. what's up with that?

BCLG100
Apr 27, 2006, 10:12 AM
may have popped a tech from a hut.

robboo
Apr 27, 2006, 11:46 AM
population growth???..built a unit

or popped a warrior or scout. Tech would have boosted the score more.

BCLG100
Apr 27, 2006, 11:53 AM
No it wouldnt, go try it in a game, if its one of the level 1 techs then it could be, also dont think you get 7 points for a warrior but pop growth perhaps as well.

robboo
Apr 27, 2006, 12:12 PM
He only went up 4 points correct..37 to 40...

I thought for sure tech was more...I will try it out. I really never pay too much attention to score in the early early game. I look for the big jumps when cities are made. I also never play at this difficulty and speed--so that could have something to do with it as well.

BCLG100
Apr 27, 2006, 01:48 PM
well maybe, doesnt really matter though its only a few points! :)

Robi D
Apr 27, 2006, 07:31 PM
It definately pop growth, which we will get next turn too.

BCLG100
Apr 28, 2006, 10:09 AM
hmm, if its pop growth then does anyone know a resource that produces 4 food?

robboo
Apr 28, 2006, 12:42 PM
I trust ybbor will get to the turn..however I will not be around at the 19 hour mark so someone might want to step up since George also said he wont be around. I can check before the 24 hour period is up but it will be really close to 23 or 24 hours.

ybbor
Apr 28, 2006, 04:27 PM
I'm here at hour 16

ybbor
Apr 28, 2006, 04:37 PM
Turn: 9
Year: 3640 BC

Headlines:
Aloha grows, citizens switch to worker

Furs discovered

move scout NW-N

science at 100%

Aloha - new citizen works grassland forest (2/1/0)

Domestic matters:

We have 80/85 beakers in agriculture - due in 1 turn

what next?

city-building (turns to completion according to game) [previous work done]

Aloha- worker (12)
[warrior (8/15 shields)]

we have 0 workers

all build okay?

Military Matters:

1 scout

ground forces:
Scout: northern coastal hills

aloha's new citizen
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5651/turn9a2zl.th.jpg (http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=turn9a2zl.jpg)

scout finds furs!
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/534/turn9b5we.th.jpg (http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=turn9b5we.jpg)

robboo
Apr 28, 2006, 05:58 PM
ybbor--I knew you were goignto make it but I just wanted to warn someone else.

You might consider sliding s then SE. I have a feeling that is a neck of land leading nowheres. Get the area closest to us looked at before we go too far away. Just my opinion

BCLG100
Apr 28, 2006, 08:27 PM
id prefer you be making a loop towards that goody hut so possibly go south.

robboo
Apr 28, 2006, 10:08 PM
id prefer you be making a loop towards that goody hut so possibly go south.

I thought we popped all huts we have seen???

BCLG100
Apr 29, 2006, 03:41 AM
Dont we have that one to the west of Aloha?

ybbor
Apr 30, 2006, 06:40 PM
Turn: 10
Year: 3600 BC

Headlines:
Agriculture discovered! Citizens Pray that their summers be wet and their winters clear.

move scout S-SE

science at 100%

Domestic matters:

We have 0/114 beakers in bronze working - due in 14 turns

what next?

Aloha- worker (11)
[warrior (8/15 shields)]

we have 0 workers

all build okay?

Military Matters:

1 scout

ground forces:
Scout: northern coastal forest

scout's newly discovered lands:http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/406/turn10a2vv.th.jpg (http://img199.imageshack.us/my.php?image=turn10a2vv.jpg)

Agriculture discovered:http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/5375/turn10b6ds.th.jpg (http://img199.imageshack.us/my.php?image=turn10b6ds.jpg)

The World so far:http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1747/turn10c1qk.th.jpg (http://img199.imageshack.us/my.php?image=turn10c1qk.jpg)

BCLG100
Apr 30, 2006, 06:50 PM
isnt 7 points roughly a tech? might explain why the leader is ahead.

BCLG100
Apr 30, 2006, 06:52 PM

We have 0/114 beakers in agriculture - due in 14 turns

did you mean bronze working?

ybbor
Apr 30, 2006, 07:29 PM
did you mean bronze working?

I have no idea what you're talking about :mischief: you are clearly quoting erroneous information.

I'm thinking going to the northern grassland hills, any objections? or does that take us too far from the hut?

BCLG100
Apr 30, 2006, 07:44 PM
ah, a true polotician at work... :p

why not that hill 2 tiles west of where we are?

ybbor
Apr 30, 2006, 07:55 PM
why not that hill 2 tiles west of where we are?

that's what I'm referring to

BCLG100
Apr 30, 2006, 07:56 PM
ah well good, glad were on the same wavelength :D

excellant choice!

robboo
May 01, 2006, 09:33 AM
Mr. President..clarification on our election laws. I post the nomination threads or do you? Its almost that time( 4 more turns) :)

BCLG100
May 01, 2006, 09:39 AM
why dont you all post one ;)

ybbor
May 01, 2006, 04:52 PM
Mr. President..clarification on our election laws. I post the nomination threads or do you? Its almost that time( 4 more turns) :)

according to the cons't, V. 6. a. anyone can post an official poll. Traditionally you would considering it deals with the team and not the game

BCLG100
May 02, 2006, 03:17 PM
we've had the save for awhile btw

ybbor
May 02, 2006, 04:09 PM
got it

robboo
May 02, 2006, 04:31 PM
yybor( ;) ) has got it under control

ybbor
May 02, 2006, 04:38 PM
Turn: 11
Year: 3560 BC

Headlines:
Loco Founds Budhism!

move scout SW-NW

science at 100%

Domestic matters:

We have 17/114 beakers in bronze working - due in 13 turns

what next?

Aloha- worker (10)
[warrior (8/15 shields)]

we have 0 workers

all build okay?

Military Matters:

1 scout

ground forces:
Scout: northern coastal hills

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/8241/turn119el.th.jpg (http://img93.imageshack.us/my.php?image=turn119el.jpg)

BCLG100
May 02, 2006, 04:42 PM
theres a fair chance loco could found the other religions as well :)

robboo
May 02, 2006, 05:02 PM
if they do they will be very weak militarily early and it would make me believe they might be a weaker opponent early on before they can start running banks and markets to boost their gold output. Hmmm

Whats you movement idea ybbor...I am thinking the SE hill. Then pick an interesting feature to head to.

BCLG100
May 02, 2006, 05:05 PM
if they do they will be very weak militarily early and it would make me believe they might be a weaker opponent early on before they can start running banks and markets to boost their gold output. Hmmm

Whats you movement idea ybbor...I am thinking the SE hill. Then pick an interesting feature to head to.

yes but what a bonus if they do!

ybbor
May 02, 2006, 05:32 PM

SE? surely you mean SW? the SE hill would reveal a whopping 1 tile. a tile we could get anyway if we go to the S tile.

right now I'm leaning S-SW, but maybe S-W. if we're looping for the hut I kinda want to go S-SW

Robi D
May 02, 2006, 08:12 PM
I Think just move onto the hill SW of the scout, you lose an MP but it doesn't make a difference to what you can see. On the turn after that we can go NW-W

robboo
May 02, 2006, 08:55 PM
yeah SW..dont mind me..obviously my dyslexia now included directison...

Do what a I think not what i say.

i agree with Robi D...

By the way do we hav emor einput other than us..BC, Robi , ybbor ??? Come one guys pipe in at least spam the Team building thread.

Robi D
May 03, 2006, 12:49 AM
By the way do we hav emor einput other than us..BC, Robi , ybbor ???.

Could you repeat that in english:D

ybbor
May 03, 2006, 08:27 AM

he's asking if anyone else is active in our forum besides Robi D, Ybbor, BCLG100 and robboo.

and GeorgeOP pops in every now and then

Robi D
May 03, 2006, 08:58 AM
he's asking if anyone else is active in our forum besides Robi D, Ybbor, BCLG100 and robboo.

and GeorgeOP pops in every now and then

oh ok:goodjob:

Well i've seen a few other looking around at various times. I guess they are happy with the actions we've taken so far:)
But they shouldn't be afaird to speak up, even if they agree, it always nice to know that your happy with whats happening

robboo
May 03, 2006, 08:59 AM

dam that was bad even for me.

I need to lay off the wine/beer before posting:mischief:

Yeah is there any one else around this place. It looks like a 7 man team at best and a 5 man team at worse.

BC, Robi D, yybor, Robboo, George, Kuninigus, oeagersnap.

I havent seen Nobody or Blackhole recently. Anyone else I missed that was more active and then disappeared.

Robi D
May 03, 2006, 09:02 AM
Well i know Nobody is having issues with his internet at home from the civ3MTDG, not sure about everyone else.

Kuningas
May 03, 2006, 01:39 PM
Meleager plays in the team pitboss game, but he is not active here.

robboo
May 03, 2006, 01:55 PM
Well since I have never played a demo team game..is this expected?

Kuningas
May 03, 2006, 02:36 PM
I just joined MTDG at Apolyton.
http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=259

If you are interested join C4DG Team Banana. Though activity is not better than in here.

BCLG100
May 03, 2006, 06:02 PM
greekguy posts in here every now and then as well

GeorgeOP
May 03, 2006, 11:15 PM
I'm here, it's just that I haven't had anything to say except, "that sounds like a good idea." I have no interest in which way we explore, so I'm waiting for the game itself to pick up a bit. You five (or however) are doing fine.

MrC
May 04, 2006, 07:28 AM
dam that was bad even for me.

I need to lay off the wine/beer before posting:mischief:

Yeah is there any one else around this place. It looks like a 7 man team at best and a 5 man team at worse.

BC, Robi D, yybor, Robboo, George, Kuninigus, oeagersnap.

I havent seen Nobody or Blackhole recently. Anyone else I missed that was more active and then disappeared.
Drinking problems are never good. The worst of them are when you are waking up after a night out and sees that the princess you dragged home has turned into a frog... :)

robboo
May 04, 2006, 09:31 AM
Drinking problems are never good. The worst of them are when you are waking up after a night out and sees that the princess you dragged home has turned into a frog... :)

Coyote ugly....... you would rather chew your arm off thats she lying on than wake her.:mischief:

NOT from personal experience...since I didnt have enough money to drink in college..shoot barely had enough money to eat.

ybbor
May 04, 2006, 04:32 PM
Turn: 12
Year: 3540 BC

Headlines:
Rice discovered!

move scout S-W

science at 100%

Domestic matters:

We have 29/171 beakers in bronze working - due in 12 turns

what next?

Aloha- worker (9)
[warrior (8/15 shields)]

we have 0 workers

all build okay?

Military Matters:

1 scout

ground forces:
Scout: northern coastal desert hills

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/2497/turn124hj.th.jpg (http://img200.imageshack.us/my.php?image=turn124hj.jpg)

robboo
May 04, 2006, 04:45 PM
Which way you planning on going..to the hut or around the North/West side of the Mountain

ybbor
May 04, 2006, 04:59 PM
I'm thinking NW-NW

BCLG100
May 04, 2006, 04:59 PM
I think we should go west, west, then can go south afterwards.

robboo
May 04, 2006, 06:25 PM
I like NW -NW..max tiles revealed. If its a samll peninsula we can circle back it aslo reveal teh upper peninisula and lake/ inlet thing

ybbor
May 06, 2006, 09:26 AM
Turn: 13
Year: 3480 BC

Headlines:

move scout NW-NW

science at 100%

Domestic matters:

We have 41/171 beakers in bronze working - due in 11 turns

what next?

Aloha- worker (8)
[warrior (8/15 shields)]

we have 0 workers

all build okay?

Military Matters:

1 scout

ground forces:
Scout: northern coastal plains

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/5784/turn138ai.th.jpg (http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image=turn138ai.jpg)

Robi D
May 06, 2006, 09:34 AM
I would say head to the square north of ther mountain, from there we can decide whether to head south or west

BCLG100
May 06, 2006, 01:10 PM
I would say head to the square north of ther mountain, from there we can decide whether to head south or west

quoted for truth.

robboo
May 06, 2006, 04:32 PM
Looks like 2 mountains next to each other..or at least a hill on the west side. I agree with the move proposed.

ybbor
May 07, 2006, 08:51 PM
Turn: 14
Year: 3440 BC

Headlines:

move scout SW-NW

science at 100%

Domestic matters:

We have 53/171 beakers in bronze working - due in 10 turns

what next?

Aloha- worker (7)
[warrior (8/15 shields)]

we have 0 workers

all build okay?

Military Matters:

1 scout

ground forces:

ybbor
May 07, 2006, 08:52 PM
Turn: 14

Headlines:

move scout SW-NW

science at 100%

Domestic matters:

We have 53/171 beakers in bronze working - due in 10 turns

what next?

Aloha- worker (7)
[warrior (8/15 shields)]

we have 0 workers

all build okay?

Military Matters:

1 scout

ground forces:

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6310/turn140lv.th.jpg (http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=turn140lv.jpg)

Robi D
May 08, 2006, 12:21 AM
Going west might be a bit of a dead end from what i can see (could be wrong) so i think head south would be better.

BCLG100
May 08, 2006, 10:13 AM
west then south west unless theres a load of forests.

BCLG100
May 09, 2006, 04:45 PM
btw if assuming i become president, when do i start playing the turns, the turn after next???

ybbor
May 09, 2006, 05:16 PM
watch it eager beaver ;) on turn 20

BCLG100
May 09, 2006, 05:30 PM
ah ok so i got awhile yet.

Robi D
May 09, 2006, 08:05 PM
wouldn't it be turn 21, seeing term 1 is for turns 1 to 20, there term 2 would be turns 21-40

robboo
May 10, 2006, 11:50 AM
turn 21 is your first turn based on my understanding of our laws...

The Captain has spoken... :cooool:

ybbor
May 10, 2006, 03:58 PM
I will be in CPR training this afternoon. Anyone may play the save from now until 4:00pm (CDT) tommorow

BCLG100
May 10, 2006, 05:14 PM
no idea what time 4 CDT is so i doubt ill be playing :D

ybbor
May 10, 2006, 08:42 PM
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ check chicago

robboo
May 10, 2006, 11:47 PM
BC..play the save tomorrow first thing... at the time of your previous post the save was 10 hours old.

BCLG100
May 11, 2006, 10:01 AM
i have school so first thing is out, i just got in so i'll play it now

BCLG100
May 11, 2006, 11:12 AM
ok well i forgot if there was anything i was meant to do so just moved the scout west then onto a hill, didnt really see the need in a screenie nothing much appeared.

ybbor
May 12, 2006, 07:27 PM
Turn: 16

Headlines:

move scout SW

science at 100%

Domestic matters:

We have 77/171 beakers in bronze working - due in 8 turns

Aloha- worker (5)
[warrior (8/15 shields)]

we have 0 workers

all build okay?

Military Matters:

1 scout

ground forces:
Scout: northwestern coastal forest

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/4848/turn162va.th.jpg (http://img112.imageshack.us/my.php?image=turn162va.jpg)

MrC
May 14, 2006, 06:46 AM
Regarding time zones, always refer to GMT, everyone (I hope) knows their own timezone.

ybbor
May 14, 2006, 07:26 PM
Turn: 17
Year: 3320 BC

Headlines:
Lions Oh my!

Possible Choke point?

move scout SW-SE

science at 100%

Domestic matters:

We have 89/171 beakers in bronze working - due in 7 turns

Aloha- worker (4)
[warrior (8/15 shields)]

we have 0 workers

all build okay?

Military Matters:

1 scout

ground forces:
Scout: north of chokepoint

http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/9958/turn178kp.th.jpg (http://img463.imageshack.us/my.php?image=turn178kp.jpg)

BCLG100
May 15, 2006, 10:12 AM
hmm, it'd be unfortunate to lose our scout so early on if we did so though on the plus side would make the game progress even quicker!

it could be a choke point but i wouldnt plant a city there, i dont like the amount of desert which is there.

ybbor
May 15, 2006, 04:06 PM
hmm, it'd be unfortunate to lose our scout so early on if we did so though on the plus side would make the game progress even quicker!

it could be a choke point but i wouldnt plant a city there, i dont like the amount of desert which is there.

I think the benefits of controlling a chokepoint far outwiegh the disadvantages of losing 100 shields

ybbor
May 15, 2006, 04:13 PM
Turn: 18
Year: 3280 BC

Headlines:
Choke-point confirmed!

Brave Scout defeats barbarian lion!

move scout S-S (yes, I know stupid. I forgot)

science at 100%

Domestic matters:

We have 101/171 beakers in bronze working - due in 6 turns

Aloha- worker (3)
[warrior (8/15 shields)]

we have 0 workers

all build okay?

Military Matters:

1 scout

ground forces:
Scout: hill near choke-point

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/2742/turn189pz.th.jpg (http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=turn189pz.jpg)

ybbor
May 15, 2006, 04:16 PM
personally, I'm in favor of pressing on. 7 turns is a lot of time (and only 1 expierence means no promotion healin), and we can run from a lot of the barbs we see. I'd go to the desert hill.

BCLG100
May 15, 2006, 05:20 PM
yes press on with the scout, about that choke point it would have been a usefull thing to hold in civ3 where commerce wasnt the overriding factor in the game however in 4 with the game being so heavily centered around commerce a city which has nearly half the tiles unworkable would be a great hindrance to the empire, the hills however would be a great place to leave guarding scouts against oncoming invasions...

robboo
May 16, 2006, 05:57 PM
Col thing about that desert is it could provide a border buffer. You fill in up to it adn then place you scouts in teh desert. Any one approaching would be seen many turns in advance.

BCLG100
May 16, 2006, 06:08 PM
Well we're getting close to the end of the term so just saying well done to ybbor for leading us through the 1st term :D :goodjob:

ybbor
May 16, 2006, 09:41 PM
can someone else possibly play the save

robboo
May 16, 2006, 11:07 PM
I will play it in about 8-10 hours... ..I need my bed.

robboo
May 17, 2006, 09:42 AM
playing save now...not much to do..moved to desert hill. See barb to my SE.
I think we mover NW to the hill we can barely see.

Incidentally..looks like after the worker we will grow to size 3 in about 6 to 8 turns depending on worker actions. In that time we should finish almost 2 warriors...( 4 turns each). I think we should build 2 warriors before we build the settler. We have a few barbs showing up and we havent looked South or to the East of our city yet. So we need a warrior to explore and look for copper nearby and we need an escort for the settler.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/4643/civ4screenshot00268ze.th.jpg (http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=civ4screenshot00268ze.jpg)

BCLG100
May 17, 2006, 04:07 PM
Depends on Tile organisation really, is this ybbor's last playing turn coming up??

i reccomend we move the scout north west to that river delta or hill whatever it is, its away from that barb :)

i agree about the warriors but with the rice and pigs we could let it grow to size 4 fairly quickly but i think we should stay with the size 3 settler build but is something to consider..

robboo
May 17, 2006, 04:34 PM
yes ybbor has one more turn, then this is your baby. I am done traveling till the end of June so at any point you ned a break to study or take your test just let me know. If we dont get you in school... you might have to become a rubbish collector. ;) ( garbage man in USA)

BCLG100
May 17, 2006, 04:57 PM
yes ybbor has one more turn, then this is your baby. I am done traveling till the end of June so at any point you ned a break to study or take your test just let me know. If we dont get you in school... you might have to become a rubbish collector. ;) ( garbage man in USA)

Ok well ill know a couple of days in advance if i need to pass the turns

ybbor
May 19, 2006, 05:25 PM
Turn: 20
Year: 3200 BC

Headlines:
Old ministers and President leaves! reports of embezelment are "nothing to worry about" says press office

No luck running from lions

move scout NW-SW

science at 100%

Domestic matters:

We have 125/171 beakers in bronze working - due in 4 turns

Aloha- worker (4)
[warrior (8/15 shields)]

we have 0 workers

all build okay?

Military Matters:

1 scout

ground forces:
Scout: western hills

SCOUT IN DANGER!!!

halfway through move:http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8195/turn20a3ig.th.jpg (http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=turn20a3ig.jpg)

end of move:http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/5352/turn20b8al.th.jpg (http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=turn20b8al.jpg)

ybbor
May 19, 2006, 05:27 PM
let's see, the scout has .4 base against the lion's 2.

+100% vs. animals
+25% from hills:

Scout: .4 + .4 + .1 +.9
Lion: 2

2/2.9 = 69%

BCLG100
May 19, 2006, 07:54 PM
So is it me up next??? cool, ill get my thread up tomorrow evening.

ybbor
May 19, 2006, 08:59 PM
looks like you may not have much to do. Runn from two lions and you will get eaten by both :lol:

robboo
May 20, 2006, 07:59 AM
ybbor..the lion feeder....

Good term we explored alot, now poor BC has to play "Dodge Lion".

/This scout is a goner.

Robi D
May 20, 2006, 09:40 AM
Well if there is such a thing as a good time to have your scout eaten this would be it, because from what i see we've pretty much explored everything there is to explore in the north. Finish the worker and warrior the pop out another scout and head south.

BCLG100
May 20, 2006, 01:56 PM
plus if i lose the scout then its going to be one of the tough terms of 'hit enter' :D

robboo
May 20, 2006, 11:43 PM
I want to know what you guys think of the map. If the others lands are this messed up Naval movement if going to be horrible. It looks like a maze of inlets and lakes. Makes for an interesting game.

Robi D
May 21, 2006, 01:38 AM
I want to know what you guys think of the map. If the others lands are this messed up Naval movement if going to be horrible. It looks like a maze of inlets and lakes. Makes for an interesting game.

Their are a lot of inlets and lakes but as we have seen their is solid ocean to. It reminds me a bit of the norweign fjords. Its definately not a map of solid land which benefits defending as it limits an attackers options for directions of advancement. Lots of lakes is a good thing as it means lots of sources of fresh water so growth will be quicker. Finally the more i see the more i'm convinced their is more than one continent, i would go as far to suggest there is at least three. I also would be surprised to find a few decent size islands that are uninhabited (expect for barbs). So far i like what i see and wouldn't mind get a scout to go south as soon as its practical because if there is someone on our continent they are down there.

BCLG100
May 21, 2006, 06:53 AM
Their are a lot of inlets and lakes but as we have seen their is solid ocean to. It reminds me a bit of the norweign fjords. Its definately not a map of solid land which benefits defending as it limits an attackers options for directions of advancement. Lots of lakes is a good thing as it means lots of sources of fresh water so growth will be quicker. Finally the more i see the more i'm convinced their is more than one continent, i would go as far to suggest there is at least three. I also would be surprised to find a few decent size islands that are uninhabited (expect for barbs). So far i like what i see and wouldn't mind get a scout to go south as soon as its practical because if there is someone on our continent they are down there.

i dunno all these islands could be connected by a narrow strip, we havnt explored everywhere so there is still that possibility.

robboo
May 21, 2006, 08:09 AM
YEah I am worried about a "maze" world where those narrow strips do connect. I have been burnt too many times in Civ by thinking I knew where it ended. IT does look fairly good to defense against attack but I am kind of shocked we havent met anyone.