View Full Version : Term 6 Election - President

Sigma
May 27, 2006, 06:04 PM
Term 6 Election for the Office of the President

The President is a member of the Triumvirate. The duties of the Triumvirate include issuing stop orders, declaring a state of mobilization, and appointing the Director of Intelligence.
In addition, the President is tasked with defining a budget, resolving disputes between officials, controlling settlers and naval units, and is given all powers not expressly given to another official and not retained by the Citizens Assembly.

Link to Nomination Thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=172021

Please vote for the citizen who you feel should serve as our President for the next term.

Options:

CivGeneral
Nobody
Abstain

This poll has been marked private because it is an election poll.
Elections will be open for 3 days, and will close on May 30th at approximately 8:00 PM EDT (00:00 UTC).

Should they choose to write them, the candidates' platforms will appear below.

Good luck to both candidates!

CivGeneral
May 27, 2006, 06:30 PM
I shall post my links to my platforms here :).

CG's Basic Platfrom (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4081141&postcount=3)
Campaign Letter: Establishing a Strong Community (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4094224&postcount=12)

Swissempire
May 28, 2006, 11:06 AM
Vote for Nobody:goodjob:

get it:p

Vind2
May 28, 2006, 12:18 PM
Look like it's gonna be a close one :D

CivGeneral
May 28, 2006, 12:55 PM
I would encurage all citizens to vote for CivGeneral for a strong community and a strong nation.

Swissempire
May 28, 2006, 02:25 PM
I would encourage people to vote for Nobody, because think of the puns, and also CIVGENERAL QUIT NESING:mad:

CivGeneral
May 28, 2006, 02:30 PM
How is that relevant to the Demogame? I can tell you that I did not quit NESing, but still I feel that this has little relivance to the demogame. Also, I have a good responsibility track record here in the Demogame whenever I am not too busy with College related work.

I would advise that you stop the mudslinging since it does not look good for the person who is chucking the mud.
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." - Buddha

If you want a strong sense of a community as well as a friendly atmosphere. I encurage all citizens to vite for CivGeneral.

Swissempire
May 28, 2006, 02:33 PM
What mudslinging? i see no mudslinging. Not even any mud. in fact, there is an obvious lack of dirt, and the only water around is he water in my body;)

Just as Nobody not being able to PBEM is relevant, I find this to be relevent. Though not relevent enough to change anyones minds.

CivGeneral
May 28, 2006, 02:46 PM
What mudslinging? i see no mudslinging. Not even any mud. in fact, there is an obvious lack of dirt, and the only water around is he water in my body
Actualy, it is mudslinging in which is used to deface the character and reputation of the canidate. This also falls along the lines of bearing false witnesses against your neighbor.

Just as Nobody not being able to PBEM is relevant, I find this to be relevent. Though not relevent enough to change anyones minds.
I dont see the NESing to be relevant, though I can see comming from you as a NESer as kind of a bias thought. Again, falls under the terms of bearing false witnesses against your neighbor and damaging the reputation of another person by exaggeration or making up stories about your neighbor. You clearly dont understand the full story in regards to me and the NES. Many of the NES games do fall into the relms of the second pages due because of lack of interest or that the poster in charge of the NES game itself has not updated the thread in a long time. I did not quit the NES game that I partisapated in, the guy who was running it declared it dead due because he had so much stuff on his hands.

"Judge not, lest ye be not judged." (Matthew 7:1)

Swissempire
May 28, 2006, 02:55 PM
:crazyeye: Defacing the reputation and character of you, hardly. i doubt the half of the people here know what NESing is, let alone care. You my friend are playing politics, and THAT is a reason i would urge people not to vote for you. If your such an idealist, whats with the lack of comment on BCLG's comment, or is that okay because it worked in your favor:hmm:

You, my deluded friend, are mistaken in the intent of my words, and mistaken in calling me a mudslinger. You have cleared up the situation of a comment made in jest and parody.

Ah, the scandals of the demogame, so many and so few;)

CivGeneral
May 28, 2006, 03:04 PM
:crazyeye: Defacing the reputation and character of you, hardly. i doubt the half of the people here know what NESing is, let alone care. You my friend are playing politics, and THAT is a reason i would urge people not to vote for you. If your such an idealist, whats with the lack of comment on BCLG's comment, or is that okay because it worked in your favor:hmm:

You, my deluded friend, are mistaken in the intent of my words, and mistaken in calling me a mudslinger. You have cleared up the situation of a coment made in jest and parody.

Ah, the scandals of the demogame, so many and so few;)
I can tell you that I am not playing politics. I am running for the presidency to encurage a streingth in community and establish an atmosphere of freindship. I do have plans to revive and bring new light into this game. I plan to create a program to advertise this demogame within CFC and the net with the help of our demogame Mods. I have plans to create a strong foundation for a Demogame community and foster freindship amongst citizens. I am in no way shape or for playing politics. I am running for president because I wish to improve the Demogame and attract new citizens into the Demogame.

I do seriously hope that you dont take the Demogame too seriously because that is the impression that I am getting. And that is also the point that I have been trying to get across is that many of our citizens have been to serious and entangled with the demogame that they think its a mirror of real life politics. I can asure you that I am serious about the demogame in terms of group structure, inter-poster contact, and a freindly atmosphere.

The lack of comment on BCLG's comment is because I felt the question was more direct towards Nobody and I felt no need to comment about it, Since I am a Catholic Christian, I feel its none of my buissness to judge Nobody in regards to his PBEM habits.

Swissempire
May 28, 2006, 03:10 PM
I am not saying your run is for political reasons, i am saying your accusation is. Your accusation was postulated as to magnify a comment to discredit a Nobody supporter, and by doing so, discredit the candidate himself. You contextualized the words of one who supports the opposing candidate so you could fit it in with your platform and gain support.

That my friend, is playing politics:)

CivGeneral
May 28, 2006, 03:16 PM
I am not saying your run is for political reasons, i am saying your accusation is. Your accusation was postulated as to magnify a comment to discredit a Nobody supporter, and by doing so, discredit the candidate himself. You contextualized the words of one who supports the opposing candidate so you could fit it in with your platform and gain support.

That my friend, is playing politics:)
I was not in any shape or form discrediting a Nobody supporter, I am mearly defending myself against such accusations against me. Also, I am not in anyway discrediting my canidate because I want to run in a freindly clean cut election where it does not contain biases.

I am an unbiased person, which is why I did not commented about Nobody's PBEM habits because I felt that if I commented on Nobody's PBEM habits, I would be judging that person as well as hurting him. Plus that question was directed to Nobody himself, not me.

donsig
May 28, 2006, 03:21 PM
Look like it's gonna be a close one :D

As it should be - two equally good candidates. :goodjob:

Vind2
May 28, 2006, 08:10 PM
:eek: it's tied now it was something like 7 Civ Gneral 2 Nobody earlier today :eek:

CivGeneral
May 28, 2006, 08:46 PM
I encurage all citizens, who wish to see a strong community in the demogame as well as a strong nation, and have not yet voted to vote for CivGeneral

Nobody
May 28, 2006, 11:22 PM
Greetings Citizens, I am Nobotti Nobodazine your next president,

As those who know me already know I am a hard working citizen when I accept a position I attempt to fulfill the position to my best ability. Look at when I was nominated for Chief Justice earlier in this game. I was the only person who stood up for the job, and then half the demo game fell upon me. Accusing me of all sorts of heinous legal obstructions while I attempted to do what was right.

Now I might not have any mamby pamby religion of the week quotes for you, but here is a quote I like

Jim: I was dreaming about God.
Mother: What did he say?
Jim: Nothing.
Jim: He was playing tennis.

Why am I running for president? Well first I will explain my motivation. In the demo game I like holding a office. Generally speaking when I make a good attempt as getting elected it works. Now president is the highest office, I intended to run for judiciary this term. But then I saw that the presidential election was fairly empty and I was fairly sure I could beat Civ general. That’s why I ran for election. Might sound bad but I thought this would be a easy run.

Nobody, what makes you the ideal candidate for the presidency?

Well I am great fun to have around, im hard working and I am very presidential. Expect elaborate posts, secret Presidential Orders and enjoyable time had by all.

What will be your goals?

Well first there is the day to day work, Appointing officials, defining the Budget and controlling the settlers and naval units. On top of this I intend to bring back some of the Old RP fun to the game. Although I don’t do well with the bank and crap system of the official RPG I do like to have fun. Their will be at least two balls during my term and I might just bring back a honor system. These acts will bring the community closer together and we wu

What do you think about the importance of the laws against the importance of being able to rule the country effectively?

I get annoyed at the juristic mumbo jumbo just like the rest of us. But have no intention of breaking any laws so we won’t have a problem. And it’s not hard to follow the set procedures (for appointment ect) it is easier to lean on the side of the law rather than forcing a confrontation with the Judiciary. My friends 

That said I am open to suggestion and if you have any ideas feel free to tell me. Also you might have noticed that I haven’t mentioned any pbems or Nes because it’s all puffery. And I haven’t used my usual tactic of mudslinging my opponent. That’s because CGs a nice guy and I have no reason to burn him but cg don’t start the fire.

Please Citizens come out and Vote Nobody! Together we can bring this demo game back, no more Nostalgia lets make it good now!

By the way if you can tell me where the quote came from you will receive a free Bumble bee toy (http://www.nzpacific.com/products/98/250/buzzy%20bee%20250.jpg)

CivGeneral
May 28, 2006, 11:56 PM
Speeking as an ordinary citizen with asparations to revive the Demogame and encurage new citizens. I do give applause to Nobody for his maturity and self control to refrain from mudslinging. I personaly like to run in an election that is civil as well as contains a freindly atmosphere. I feel that is what should attract citizens to the Demogame as well as encourage citizens to run for elections with out fear of intimidations.

CivGeneral turns the page of his letter

For the budget, my plan is to maitain our budget levels in the black (Black: Buissiness termanology for income were as Red is a term that represents debit) and keep our science progressing.

For settlers, I am open on any citizen's suggenstions to where we can settle our settlers witin the known world to expand our spear of influence.

For the naval units, I will be working along side with the Minister of Defense to coridinate our units during times of war. During times of peace, I shall use our naval units to explore the oceans of our world and further making contact to unknown lands on this world.

I encurage any citizen who has not yet voted and wish to see a strong community, freindly atmosphere, as well as new citizens comming to the demogame to bring life to this game. Vote for CivGeneral.

DaveShack
May 29, 2006, 01:17 AM
Look at when I was nominated for Chief Justice earlier in this game. I was the only person who stood up for the job, and then half the demo game fell upon me.

I'm most certainly not throwing mud here, just a little confused. :crazyeye:

As I recall it, the controvery was about something else. You were more like caught in the crossfire and wounded, right?

DaveShack
May 29, 2006, 01:18 AM
Here's a very important question for both candidates:

Do you have any clue who you'd appoint to the open Judiciary position? ;)

Edit: oops, didn't notice there was another self nom, disregard question... :lol:

FreeTerminus
May 29, 2006, 01:34 AM
Hi :) An an aspiring citizen, I would love to support CivGeneral's ascention to the Presidency. Unfortunately, I am just that: An *aspiring* citizen.

Good day :)

GeorgeOP
May 29, 2006, 02:26 AM
Why not become a full citizen? We would love to have you.

CivGeneral
May 29, 2006, 02:30 AM
Hi :) An an aspiring citizen, I would love to support CivGeneral's ascention to the Presidency. Unfortunately, I am just that: An *aspiring* citizen.

Good day :)
Thanks FreeTermius, Please feel free to be involved in the discussions that we have in the citizens forum. We in the Demogame community would encurage you to take an active role in the demogame.

Go out there and offer your opinions and ideas to the Demogame :). Soon you can run for an elected possition at the end of this month. Dont worry, we will also help you along the way :).

FreeTerminus
May 29, 2006, 02:34 AM
Why not become a full citizen? We would love to have you.

Don't worry, I've sent my application for citizenship in. Even in the ancient times though, it takes awhile for politicians to process paperwork ;)

Thanks FreeTermius, Please feel free to be involved in the discussions that we have in the citizens forum. We in the Demogame community would encurage you to take an active role in the demogame.

Go out there and offer your opinions and ideas to the Demogame :). Soon you can run for an elected possition at the end of this month. Dont worry, we will also help you along the way :).

:sad: I don't know if I'm a good enough player to run for anything...but I'll try to make the game more fun by my presence :)

CivGeneral
May 29, 2006, 02:47 AM
Don't worry, I've sent my application for citizenship in. Even in the ancient times though, it takes awhile for politicians to process paperwork ;)
You are already a citizen in the Demogame :D

:sad: I don't know if I'm a good enough player to run for anything...but I'll try to make the game more fun by my presence :)
Not to worry, we are here to help you learn about Civ4 itself :). As the game progress, you would also learn new stratigies as well :D.

Nobody
May 29, 2006, 03:58 AM
As I recall it, the controvery was about something else. You were more like caught in the crossfire and wounded, right?

Yeah that was what happened. but i feel i got fair lot of crap for trying to do the right thing. Anyway forgot it.

Nobody
May 29, 2006, 04:00 AM
oooo even as, come on you nobody supporters come on out!

FreeTerminus
May 29, 2006, 04:17 AM
Oh! Nobody is an actual person! I thought "Nobody" was a "None of the above" response.

Well then, I guess that means (if I get voting rights in the remaining amount of time) I'll have to actually research the issue. Hmm! :)

Vind2
May 29, 2006, 07:19 AM
Still tied!

Donovan Zoi
May 29, 2006, 09:03 AM
Not no more. Go get 'em, Boss! :nospam:

For those not in the know, the preceding has been a vote for Nobody.....

Donovan Zoi
May 29, 2006, 09:16 AM
Candidate CivGeneral,

As a fellow sufferer of this disease, I'd like to ask you the following question:

In the past, you have had a habit of cutting back on your duties after 5-10 days in office. How do you plan to convince the people that there will not be more of the same this time out?

GeorgeOP
May 29, 2006, 09:37 AM
I don't know if I'm a good enough player to run for anything...
Bah, Robboo and I have been arguing for a while about who is a worse player and we both have high positions. The great thing about this group is that if you're not sure what the best course is, you just ask the citizenry what they want to do.

Hmm, I still can't decide between these two great candidates.

Swissempire
May 29, 2006, 09:45 AM
Nobody, I seem to remember supporting you for CJ, even after you said you didn't want it. Guess I'm a diehard.

Campaign Slogan
You know how you get vibes. Well Nobody has good vibes(LOL), so vote for him!

dutchfire
May 29, 2006, 10:23 AM
9-11 Is Nobody pulling away???

Vind2
May 29, 2006, 11:16 AM
Omg it's 10 CivGeneral and 11 Nobody what a turn araound . This is gonna be close :D

ice2k4
May 29, 2006, 12:55 PM
Looks like a hell of a race. I cast my vote a little too early though. Anyone want to tell us their position on overseas exploration??? I'm very interested to hear if we should cicrumnavigate the globe, which gives a considerable boost to our navy which we don't have yet, and makes us the first to meet new civs. Sure the benefits may be good, but are we willing to take the nessecary risks?

Nobody
May 29, 2006, 12:57 PM
My fellow fanaticans
.................................................. ............................................
.................................................. .vote :crazyeye: nobody!!........................Lip Service lip service lip service.................:crazyeye: Wow i manged to pull in 11 honest votes. that has to be my record, regardless to how this goes thanks to all who have voted for me. And those who haven't well if elected im sure you will love the employment oppertunitys avalible to you in Northern etcia, the very northern section................................ I mean the one with the dogs..........better education for the upper class.................... Up with taxs......down with benefits.......:crazyeye: No more maori land claims............................................ .
......................................Viva la provolution...........:crazyeye:

So go out their and tell our enemys that you can take our lives but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!

Nobody
May 29, 2006, 01:01 PM
Looks like a hell of a race. I cast my vote a little too early though. Anyone want to tell us their position on overseas exploration??? I'm very interested to hear if we should cicrumnavigate the globe, which gives a considerable boost to our navy which we don't have yet, and makes us the first to meet new civs. Sure the benefits may be good, but are we willing to take the nessecary risks?

Well first of all, we have many problems back home so obviously its a good idea to focus our attention overseas. (so the nobody adminsatration can ignor the real problems duh) second: naval units are mine to control, obviously i want to increase my personal power so up with navys!! We want eight and we wont wait!

CivGeneral
May 29, 2006, 01:28 PM
Candidate CivGeneral,

As a fellow sufferer of this disease, I'd like to ask you the following question:

In the past, you have had a habit of cutting back on your duties after 5-10 days in office. How do you plan to convince the people that there will not be more of the same this time out?
I plan to convince the people out there that there wont be any more of these time out sessions. I can assure you that I will be doing my duties all seven days of the week through out as long as the demogame is standing. I will convince the people out there that I am commited to doing my dutues as president by being more active in the demogame and not cutting back on my duties. I will promise that I will not cut back on my duties and will take on more dutues in this demogame.

If however I am not elected into the presidency, I will still hold true to my word and still be more involved in the demogame as well as establishing a Human Relations office to hopefully turn my reputation around and help me get in better standing with the public the next time I run for the presidency. I will aslo seek a governorship as well to prove my dedication for the demogame and to keep my promise as well as what Father John Corapi said on EWTN "Practace what I preach".

Right now we are in a state of war and I feel that our navy is best situated close to our home borders to support our land troops as well as to keep watch on our coast. I feel that it is unsafe to explore our oceans right at this moment due to the threat of war as well as leaving our coasts undefended. However, if there is an extra naval unit that is doing nothing, I would plan to have that ship go on an overseas exploration to curcumnavigate the globe as well as meeting unknown civs on our world.

I feel that we should dedicate our navy mainly to playing the role of coast guard. I am willing to also take the risk on releacing one of our ships to undertake a voyage 'round the globe to curcumnavigate the globe as well as meet other nations.

So my possition is to keep the majority of our navy on our coasts while dedicating a couple of ships to undertake this voyage.

I encurage all citizens who have not yet voted to vote for CivGeneral.

DaveShack
May 29, 2006, 01:55 PM
I just prefer CivGeneral's style over Nobody's. The things Nobody writes seem to be less well-considered, particularily in their long-term effects. In that way, the mafia image seems right at home -- shoot off an answer first, then think what might result from it. Just my opinion of course... :p

CivGeneral seems to be more in touch with how a statement today will affect us weeks or months from now. Yes, it's true that he's got his priorities right and that when faced with RL vs DG he chooses RL. The last year has also shown that he has learned not to pile on too much and then abandon the less important -- if he hadn't learned that, we would have seen a lot of in & out through the winter, which we didn't see. If he says he has time now, then he has time.

ice2k4
May 29, 2006, 02:46 PM
Well, to both candidates, are you going to encourage the building of a navy, currently we do not have one ship. I don't feel that we are threatened at sea, but if we are attacked, the most logical attatck against us would be to ship a bunch of troops to our peninsula and take BW and MG, and with the peninsula in hand push out into the continent's mainland. I don't know if the AI strategizes like that, but I just don't want to see Licentia in ruins.

So, if you are elected are you pro-navy production?

Nobody
May 29, 2006, 04:26 PM
I just prefer CivGeneral's style over Nobody's. The things Nobody writes seem to be less well-considered, particularily in their long-term effects. In that way, the mafia image seems right at home -- shoot off an answer first, then think what might result from it. Just my opinion of course...

Thats a half truth..... Just look at some of my work (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4102440&postcount=37) anyway daveshack so far the coolest person to openly defie me. rest assured the boys at labour camp zoi are preparing your room for you.

anyway my brave opponent gave a much more adqute response to the naval question. I will look into it and reply in about 5 minutes.

*:crazyeye: bounces off walls:crazyeye: *

robboo
May 29, 2006, 04:27 PM
RE: nobody.."Empire of the Sun "

Nobody
May 29, 2006, 05:01 PM
Well, to both candidates, are you going to encourage the building of a navy, currently we do not have one ship. I don't feel that we are threatened at sea, but if we are attacked, the most logical attack against us would be to ship a bunch of troops to our peninsula and take BW and MG, and with the peninsula in hand push out into the continent's mainland. I don't know if the AI strategies like that, but I just don't want to see Licentia in ruins.

So, if you are elected are you pro-navy production?

There is a cold war joke, that two Russian generals are sitting in Paris and one turns to the other and asks “who one the air war.” This was saying that although air combat is entertaining it really wouldn’t have a very large affect on the outcome of the war. Now this may or may not be true for 20th century European warfare but it can similarly be applied to civ4 naval warfare. Any wars we get involved with in the near future will be won or lost on the ground. There is no point have 100 hammers worth of ships sitting off the coast while Boar Wallow smoulders under German fire.

That said navies are useful I would like to see us circumnavigate the world this term, trade with overseas nations and who knows maybe build an empire. If elected to office this term I will actively work with the department of defence and the council of governors too build us a small efficient navy to sail around the globe and spread word of our glorious nation. To that affect I feel we should produce at least two warships to perform this task and make further increases in navy numbers, as we need them.

To answer the question "am i pro navy" well i am, but for a limited navy. Although it is fun to have a grand armada it is more beneficial for us to put these resources towards infrastructure, economy and army.

Nobody
May 29, 2006, 05:02 PM
Yeah robbo you are right, thats a great movie. And i will make a Great President. (vote nobody)

FreeTerminus
May 29, 2006, 05:06 PM
Nobody...I am an aspiring immigrant fleeing repression (or something). However, it seems to me that our people do not have a strong sense of identity. How will you, as President (and hence a symbol of our unity) help to promote a feeling of unity?

Nobody
May 29, 2006, 05:27 PM
Nobody...I am an aspiring immigrant fleeing repression (or something). However, it seems to me that our people do not have a strong sense of identity. How will you, as President (and hence a symbol of our unity) help to promote a feeling of unity?

The best way to get into the game is to have a role to play, if elected i promiss you get you personally a job

FreeTerminus
May 29, 2006, 05:29 PM
I'm not a proud person - I quite enjoy taking bribes :)
Let's see if I get voting rights in the next day or so.

Swissempire
May 29, 2006, 05:33 PM
Unfortunatley, due to the Alphawolf Volcano, you woun't get rights ntl after the election...

I pretty sure that was the rle that was made, right...

Vind2
May 29, 2006, 05:44 PM
Could somone fill me in on this ^^^ I haven't been here that long. 11 CG 12 Nobody. Boy is this thread getting spammy.

Nobody
May 29, 2006, 06:42 PM
Vind2 if elected i will make you aware of what he is talking about.

BCLG100
May 29, 2006, 06:48 PM
Could somone fill me in on this ^^^ I haven't been here that long. 11 CG 12 Nobody. Boy is this thread getting spammy.

erm basically former leading player that created a load of DL's then influenced elections with them...

Sigma
May 29, 2006, 07:10 PM
I don't think that I'd want a president who bribes everyone to get elected.

Nobody
May 29, 2006, 07:11 PM
edit: never mind... VOTE NOBODY

CivGeneral
May 29, 2006, 07:57 PM
Offering bribes just to have the vote for you is not a right thing to do, plus its against the rules too.

Swissempire
May 29, 2006, 08:15 PM
Offering bribes just to have the vote for you is not a right thing to do, plus its against the rules too.
Pussycat. Your such a housetrained feline;) :joke:
Don't kill me.

And the Alpahwolf Volcano was there was a mountain(Alphawolf) that made the demogame fertile. The mountain was one of the main reasons the deomgame took off. But then the mountain exploded with 12-13 streams of lava(Double-Logins) and desroyed the heart of the demogame, and we had to rebuild from there.

We should classify all big things as Natural Disasters, Like Alphawolf Volcano, Hurricane Strider, FlexTri Tornado

Nobody
May 29, 2006, 08:42 PM

.......Sue me

Swissempire
May 29, 2006, 09:11 PM
.......Sue me

Be careful, if the game is still as judicial as it was, someone might do just that:eek:

CivGeneral
May 29, 2006, 09:15 PM
.......Sue me
Nobody, I was mearly making the statement that it is wrong to go around bribing people just to win their votes. Somehow you are starting to disapoint me by starting to tread down to the mudslinging path eventhough I made a statement earlyer that it is wrong to bribe people.

FreeTerminus
May 29, 2006, 09:53 PM
As a citizen of the nation, I would like to file a ballot for...

CivGeneral

We must let rationality tempered with values guide our actions, I believe. :)
Now, at least, if theres a tie someone can make an interesting court case after whether I'm allowed to vote or not ;)

Nobody
May 29, 2006, 10:04 PM
I did not bribe anyone, I didn’t even bring up the horrible word sigman did. All this bribe nonsense we don't need. I merely said that if I were elected president I would find that new guy a job. I was merely illustrating to my learnred opponent that rather than making threats there are legal avenues to follow. If you believe I am some how bribing the people feel free to contact the judiciary (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=172619) or pm a moderator (http://forums.civfanatics.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=12145)and report your suspicions. But please if you will wait until the election is over before contacting the judiciary just to simplify things for everybody involved.

Now enough with the puffery this entire election is simple if you want a president who will get the job done, who has new ideas vote for me. If you prefer a president who will flip/flop his decisions to keep everyone happy then don't vote for me.

Although many of my great plans are being kept under raps (which will be fully revealed in about 4 days if I am elected) I will let you in on the following:

I will create an unemployment office to simplify the appointment process.
I will have press office for all formal presidential information.
I will establish an award system similar to what we had in the past.

The rest of my great schemes will be revealed soon. Also on top of this I will ensure that the presidential responsibilities concerning settlers, naval units, budgeting and appointments will be carried out in an orderly and manner.

Citizens,

Vote Nobody “things will be alright!”
Vote nobody “the lesser of two evils”
Vote nobody “for free money”
Vote Nobody “Justice Soup”
Vote Civ General “Nobody Sucks”
Vote Nobody “Go get you shine box”
Vote Nobody “Daveshack said too”
Vote Nobody “King of Egypt”
Vote Nobody “Or I will shot you”
Vote Nobody “For a fresh face for president”

Nobody
May 29, 2006, 10:23 PM
Its dead even and at lunch time tomorrow we shall both find out. Stay tuned.

CivGeneral
May 29, 2006, 10:44 PM
Now enough with the puffery this entire election is simple if you want a president who will get the job done, who has new ideas vote for me. If you prefer a president who will flip/flop his decisions to keep everyone happy then don't vote for me.

Vote Civ General “Nobody Sucks”
I am quite disapointed in that you are resorting to mudslinging to deface my character and reputation, My freind, you have just broken one of my "golden rules" in my book, "What you do not want others to do to you, do not do to others." - Confucius. I have not even touched nor chucked mud at you, I am better than that and dont even chuck mud at other people. Take a look at your time in the CJ as well as your PBEM game, did I used thoes as ammo against you? NO, because I am better than that and dont want to stupe to that low of a level and have a civil election free from mudslinging.

I only made a comment about bribery being wrong in my view is because I see it as showing favortism to thoes whom voted for you. Am I showing favortism to the people who voted for me? Am I giving people extra benifits when I become president? No, I stand by my belief that I am an equal opportunity employer and feel that citizens should have a chance at a office that they applied to no matter who they voted for, not because that citizen voted for me. To my eyes, bribing a citizen a possition in an office is favoratism.

Also the comment about putting words in my mouth in what you did that I quoted is also clearly wrong and damaging the reputation of another person by exaggeration or making up stories about them. I never say that anyone sucks, Never. I dont sink down that level to an average off topic troller. My campaing slogans do not damage the reputation of another person.

Knowing that you are resorting to mudslinging, I know that I am a better person than to resort to such low tatics. To me, in my eyes, Mudslinging is wrong because it damages te reputation of another person by exaggeration and/or making up stories about another person. If you want a president who is repsectfull to his neighbors which includes his opponents, which I have done through out this election. If you want a president who ideas on how to kick start this Demogame as well as draw in more Citizens into the demogame; Vote for CivGeneral.

Nobody
May 30, 2006, 12:31 AM
"What you do not want others to do to you, do not do to others." - Confucius.
How would Jesus feel if he heard you were reading Confucius! Eeek!

I have not even touched nor chucked mud at you, I am better than that and don’t even chuck mud at other people. Take a look at your time in the CJ as well as your PBEM game; did I use those as ammo against you? NO, because I am better than that and don’t want to stupe to that low of a level and have a civil election free from mudslinging.

This comment is “mud” trying to bring up those too situations as if I have to be ashamed of them. First the PBEM it has no bearing on this election although I did act in a honorable way by handing my password over to regent man when I thought I couldn’t continue the game. My term as chief justice was one day; I did nothing at all which I should be ashamed. I did everything I could do help the nation. I accepted the position because I thought no one else would. I stood aside to solve the confusion and appear fair.

I only made a comment about bribery being wrong in my view is because I see it as showing favoritism to those whom voted for you. Am I showing favoritism to the people who voted for me?

Am I? Prove It!?!

I never say that anyone sucks, never.

I didn’t mean to imply that you had. If you look at the context where I wrote it I was writing different “slogans” for my election. As a near sighted attempt at humor I wrote that as a “slogan” for you. J

Knowing that you are resorting to mudslinging, I know that I am a better person than to resort to such low attics.

Unfounded accusations of mudslinging cg? Now the mud is being slung my way and quite frankly I am offended.

If you want a president who ideas on how to kick start this Demogame as well as draw in more Citizens into the demogame; Vote for CivGeneral.

We will see …. We will see…

CivGeneral
May 30, 2006, 12:57 AM
This comment is “mud” trying to bring up those too situations as if I have to be ashamed of them. First the PBEM it has no bearing on this election although I did act in a honorable way by handing my password over to regent man when I thought I couldn’t continue the game. My term as chief justice was one day; I did nothing at all which I should be ashamed. I did everything I could do help the nation. I accepted the position because I thought no one else would. I stood aside to solve the confusion and appear fair.

And why did you think that I never brought thoes issues up? It was because I felt no need to judge you in regards to thoes events and rather have a clean run election free from mudslinging.

I didn’t mean to imply that you had. If you look at the context where I wrote it I was writing different “slogans” for my election. As a near sighted attempt at humor I wrote that as a “slogan” for you. J

Sometimes your humor can hurt other people.

Unfounded accusations of mudslinging cg? Now the mud is being slung my way and quite frankly I am offended.

I never chucked any mud in your direction nor did I ever touched any mud. Clearly you called me a flip flopper as well as making false campaing messages of me.

Nobody
May 30, 2006, 01:08 AM
I never chucked any mud in your direction nor did I ever touched any mud. Clearly you called me a flip flopper as well as making false campaing messages of me.

You are a flip floppa! and dont worry about the message thing. It was meant to make it look like i was stupid by accidentaly putting your slogan in with mine.

Also lets stop talking about mud as if it is a tangible object

CivGeneral
May 30, 2006, 01:13 AM
You are a flip floppa! and dont worry about the message thing. It wasnt meant to make it look like i was stupid by accidentaly putting your slogan in with mine.
How am I a freeking John Kerry?! I take being called a flip flopper very offensive because:

1. I am not a flip flopper, I stick to my guns when I make a desision
2. The term "Flip Flopper" has a negative context related to that canidate who could not tip the current Incumbent President Bush.

Calling me a flip flopper is a hit below the belt for me and crossed the line.

CivGeneral
May 30, 2006, 01:57 AM
Public Apology
Statement to Nobody

Message of Apology
I would like to offer my apologies for any mudslingings I may have slung during this course of the election. I felt like I was a hypocrite on stating that I wish for a clean race. I came to this realisation that I too have been treading to a path that I do not wish to go into, which is the path of mudslinging. Whenever I get offended (Such in the case of Nobody calling me a flip flopper), I oftenly tend to get a tad emotional.

From this point onward, I will ceace any methods of mudslinging against my opponent and I do wish that my opponent would do the same. If I find anything that I personaly find offensive, I will privately discuss with it about it with my canidate and let him know that I found that particular comment as well explain why I felt it was offensive to me.

Peace be with you,
CivGeneral

FreeTerminus
May 30, 2006, 02:31 AM
So much drama! I wonder how much drama there is going to be when/if this election is tied ;)

CivGeneral
May 30, 2006, 02:36 AM
So much drama! I wonder how much drama there is going to be when/if this election is tied ;)
I can assure you there wont be any when this election is tied or if eather canidates win.

Nobody
May 30, 2006, 04:37 AM
14 hours to go alot could change, there are always some out their saving their vote for the end. I am fairly confident i will win the election i feel time zones hurt me again generally i get hurt right at the start (7-2) because i am asleep and dont get in the initial shots but things even out near the end. Still anyones game.

Would be helpfull if any voters who are left could ignor the last page or so and look for our policys ect.

Chieftess
May 30, 2006, 04:46 AM
Nobody, and CG, let's keep this flamewar stopped. Also, CG - no need to report every single post you don't agree with - a lot of those aren't even trolls or flames.

Nobody
May 30, 2006, 05:32 AM
A bit late CT, i think we pretty much just stoped. Also can i ever get through an election without a mod warning. Next i will i promiss.

Chieftess
May 30, 2006, 05:47 AM
I know, it's just a reminder. And, contrary to popular belief, I do sleep, which is when you were posting. :p

Nobody
May 30, 2006, 06:10 AM
Hey cheiftess while we have you here, When are you coming back to the demogame? I mean proper like? Me and cg put together wouldnt have able to get 12 votes against you! Come on back, warlords can wait!

Chieftess
May 30, 2006, 11:46 AM
Hey cheiftess while we have you here, When are you coming back to the demogame? I mean proper like? Me and cg put together wouldnt have able to get 12 votes against you! Come on back, warlords can wait!

:lol: Maybe next month or so.

Swissempire
May 30, 2006, 12:24 PM
Come on back, warlords can wait!
WRONG, Warlords waits for no one. Chieftess is doing the world a great srvice. She is up there with Gandhi:goodjob:

And has Confucianism been discovered yet?

And why is everyone talking about using a dirt and water mixture as a projectile.... Sticks and Sotnes may break my bones, but mud only makes me dirty;)

Vind2
May 30, 2006, 01:08 PM
Omg it's tied again !!!

FreeTerminus
May 30, 2006, 03:00 PM
I wonder when I'm going to be accepted into the group...
Regardless, assuming I'm a citizen, the vote should be 14-13. If I'm not a citizen...:(

robboo
May 30, 2006, 03:02 PM
Freeterminus..wont be fair. Others missed an election to wait to be let in.

Just please tell me you guys wont decide on a co-presidency. :)

ice2k4
May 30, 2006, 03:55 PM
CivGeneral, Nobody is pro-navy. You, however, have not anwsered the question.

CivGeneral
May 30, 2006, 04:00 PM
CivGeneral, Nobody is pro-navy. You, however, have not anwsered the question.
I am pro-navy and feel that it should be esential to use for naval exploration around the globe as well as defenses for our coasts. In short, I am pro-Navy.

Nobody
May 30, 2006, 04:38 PM
A hour and a half and im in the lead. Although i wont count my platapus before they hatch.

robboo
May 30, 2006, 05:52 PM
Still no reply to the co-presidency stuff???? I mihgt maybe still might maybe have a vote

ice2k4
May 30, 2006, 05:52 PM
Still no reply to the co-presidency stuff???? I mihgt maybe still might maybe have a vote

Co-presidency?

Vind2
May 30, 2006, 06:11 PM
It's over Nobody (the person) WINs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sigma
May 30, 2006, 06:19 PM
This poll has closed, and the results are validated.

By a vote of 14-13, Nobody is officially elected President.

donsig
May 30, 2006, 06:19 PM
Co-presidency?

That idea ranks right up there with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

Sigma
May 30, 2006, 06:21 PM
And just for the record, I am incredibly happy that this vote did not end in a tie. ;)

Nobody
May 30, 2006, 06:24 PM
Lady’s and Gentleman the President of Licentia Mr Nobody! ,

First I would like to start off by thanking you the people. You gave me this mandate and it means a lot to me. Even those citizens, who voted against me, thank you for coming out and expressing your democratic right. Next I would like to thank civ general for a well run race, it was close run and you earned my respect for not being a push over easy victory.

I would now like to announce the first annual Presidential Inauguration Ball. This will be held in the RPG forum in about four days. At this ball I will unveil to the world our new Flag and our new Anthem. Which I have constructed to commerate our nations proud history and our great leaders. In the next few hours I will be opening two offices one will be the presidential palace and the other the unemployment office. As I have previously said I intend to get as many citizens as possible involved in the game this term and it will begin today.

There is more to be announced but I will leave that to a later date. I must go now because I have important work to begin. Thanks once again to my supporters.

- President Nobody

DaveShack
May 30, 2006, 06:29 PM
I wonder when I'm going to be accepted into the group...
Regardless, assuming I'm a citizen, the vote should be 14-13. If I'm not a citizen...:(

Several people have alluded to the answer to your question / complaint, but it doesn't look like any have fully answered it.

To avoid any potential for voting fraud, the moderators have chosen to defer access requests made during elections until after the election cycle has finished. This policy has been in effect since the middle of January, so it is nothing personal towards yourself. We don't generally get notified if the safety net catches any DL's, so we have no idea at the individual citizen level if this policy is working or not, but we have not seen any problems .

Please do stick around, the monthly moratorium on access should be lifted soon, and we need all the help we can get. :D

Vind2
May 30, 2006, 06:31 PM
Looks like no one from last terms judiciary got elected to office.

BCLG100
May 30, 2006, 06:41 PM
congrats nobody, still quite a few spots to fill though vind

FreeTerminus
May 30, 2006, 06:47 PM
Several people have alluded to the answer to your question / complaint, but it doesn't look like any have fully answered it.

To avoid any potential for voting fraud, the moderators have chosen to defer access requests made during elections until after the election cycle has finished. This policy has been in effect since the middle of January, so it is nothing personal towards yourself. We don't generally get notified if the safety net catches any DL's, so we have no idea at the individual citizen level if this policy is working or not, but we have not seen any problems .

Please do stick around, the monthly moratorium on access should be lifted soon, and we need all the help we can get. :D

Hmm. I was informed by private message that I still have voting rights, since I become a citizen immediately upon registering in the thread. Its a shame we aren't a representative form of government - otherwise, I could complain about taxation without representation :p

Nobody is going to have to live up to high expectations, considering that if I had registered just a bit earlier this would be a tie poll. :)

Swissempire
May 30, 2006, 06:49 PM
Nobodym If you change the flag, I will have to kill you.

ice2k4
May 30, 2006, 06:52 PM
Congratulations Nobody, although I didn't cast my vote to you, I'm sure you will do a fine job. Let's see to it that everyone heads over to the Rebel Pub II (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=163825) for free drinks on me. Just order any drink and it will all be put on my tab (don't worry if your not registered.)

GeorgeOP
May 30, 2006, 09:54 PM
And just for the record, I am incredibly happy that this vote did not end in a tie.
As a member of the Judiciary, you have no idea how much I agree with this statement.

greekguy
May 31, 2006, 12:50 PM
Congrats Nobody! Looking foward to seeing how your ideas work out this term. :)

Black_Hole
Jun 01, 2006, 12:07 PM
Hmm. I was informed by private message that I still have voting rights, since I become a citizen immediately upon registering in the thread. Its a shame we aren't a representative form of government - otherwise, I could complain about taxation without representation :p

Nobody is going to have to live up to high expectations, considering that if I had registered just a bit earlier this would be a tie poll. :)
I agree with you, all citizens have the right to vote, unforunately the moderators control voting in polls...