May 29, 2006, 05:27 PM
Department of the Interior

Worker Count-

Current Cities and States with their respective govoner's:
Boaring Wallow:
Micilian's Gate:
Auda Minor (Auda City, Toot Uncommon, Ning-Hsia):
West Licentia: (Old Sarai, Abydos, Constitution Falls):
New Port City (Karakorum): Sweetaschon (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=172732)
Fort Impervious (Beshbalik): Oldbus (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=172711)

Some of the cities have been renamed, and others have been included in states.
Auda City, Toot Uncommon and Ning-Hsia are now in the state of Auda Minor.
Old Sarai, Abydos and Turfan are in the state of West Licentia.
Karakorum has been renamed New Port City.
Beshbalik has been renamed Fort Impervious.
Turfan has been renamed Constitution Falls.
Ning-Hsia has been renamed (awaiting on round 2 poll)

Workers and their respective locations:
Reserv't

Past Minister of the Interior Threads:
Term 5- GeorgeOP (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171551)
Term 4- GeorgeOP (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=165057)
Term 3- Bengeance (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=161054)
Term 2- Nomad Bryce (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=156868)
Term 1- Aythanaeus (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=156868)

CoL Section:

IIIC. The Powers and Duties of the Minister of Interior:

1. The Minister of the Interior shall be in control of all workers not assigned to Governors.
2. The Minister of the Interior shall designate any specialization of Cities
3. The Minister of the Interior shall designate how many units of each type to produce.

A. The Governors may work it out amongst themselves on which city actually produces what.

4. The Minister of the Interior may decide where to build any Citizens Assembly approved Wonder.
5. The Minister of the Interior shall keep track of the resources in our territory and where they are.
6. The Minister of the Interior shall control all Great Engineers.

Swissempire
May 29, 2006, 07:28 PM
Old Sarai is named Old Sarai, no round two poll....

ice2k4
May 30, 2006, 04:57 PM
Ahh thank you, my mistake.

Oldbus
May 31, 2006, 05:22 PM
I've started a discussion on the Globe Theatre (where and when) in the citizens forum

Sweetacshon
Jun 01, 2006, 05:34 PM
Minister, I would like to see 2 new cities built near the capital in the near future, and was wondering about the process for this (noob). I'm assuming you control settler units, but prior to that, who is involved, is it enough to start a thread and get vocal support for this, or is a polll neccessary?

ice2k4
Jun 01, 2006, 05:38 PM
Well the current procdure, is usually

discussion thread>poll authorized by censor>Mandated action based on poll.

The thing is though, our economy is in the dumps, and another city might further ruin it. I don't think we'll be able tofound two new cities this term, but it is possible we build one at the very end of this term.

Sweetacshon
Jun 01, 2006, 08:09 PM
I wasn't specifying any sort of timeframe, although I do believe that by the end of this term, we could support two more cities that close to the capital. Please remember CoL in 3 turns ---> courthouses.

ice2k4
Jun 01, 2006, 08:49 PM
Very true, but those courthouses will take time for us to build, and they won't even make the build queues until another tc, or two.

Sweetacshon
Jun 01, 2006, 09:17 PM
Right, end of term :)

ice2k4
Jun 04, 2006, 07:23 PM
I am sorry to say, that I am announcing my resignation now.

Vind2
Jun 04, 2006, 07:51 PM
:( Thats no good, why are you resigning?

ice2k4
Jun 04, 2006, 08:56 PM
Read my letter of resignation in the citizens forum.

Fetch
Jun 05, 2006, 09:29 AM
Mr. Minister (whomever this may be)-

Why do we have 2 states, with 4 cities not inside state boundaries?

dutchfire
Jun 05, 2006, 09:31 AM
Originally we had only cities, then we decided to make two states so we wouldn't need as many governors and all. And then we conquered two other cities.

Fetch
Jun 05, 2006, 11:11 AM
I how would you feel about going back to a similar system with 3 or 4 govenors each over 3 or 4 cities? If this has any support here, I'll start a citizen thread.

I just noticed in the Constitution that the capital city may not be part of a state. Why is this expressly forbidden? If it is a power thing, I've got some ideas.

ice2k4
Jun 05, 2006, 09:17 PM
I think it's forbidden because ou capitol, imo, should be governed with a more focused view. Usually the capitol is where many wonders are built, usually produces the most great people, and again usually has the most hammers (more in a beurocratic government.) Also I am MoI until someone submits an application.

Fetch
Jun 06, 2006, 10:12 AM
Is the MoI on the govenor's council? It looks like no, if I read the constitution correctly. What would you think about this:

the MoI controls the capital
The rest of the cities are divided into states like the const. says with each govenor allowed to appoint mayors at his discresion. The MoI isn't on the govenor's council, but in the case of a Tie vote the MoI breaks the tie. The MoI is also liason b/w the GC and the rest of the government.

Thoughts?

ice2k4
Jun 06, 2006, 08:44 PM
Well, I'm a conservative hear, so to me you should propose this to the citizens, in teh citizen forum. However, why change the way we do it, do you see any problems with a governor governing the capitol? I'm asking this jsut so I can have a better understanding of the proposed idea.

Fetch
Jun 07, 2006, 07:47 AM
The way I see it, you've got more governmet jobs than volunteers to fill them. This would allow each city a better chance to be managed (fewer positions to fill), and it could group similar cities together (i.e. state of production, state of commerce, state of gp farms) allowing a higher degree of management and synergy between the cities in the states.

No, I don't see any inherent problems with a govenor governing the capitol, but i think it would be most appropriate for the MOI to do it. Let the governors have the states.

ice2k4
Jun 08, 2006, 10:02 AM
Well this is true, but we just created the states maybe two weeks at most ago. Last term was a disaster with filling positions, but this term looks a lot more promising. Maybe if next term, there aren'y many volunteers, we will have to go with it. I also think the MoI controlling the capitol, would make us more progressive, but would give the MoI a lot of power.

Fetch
Jun 08, 2006, 02:49 PM
With such a reputable and honest MoI as youself why should we worry? ;)

ice2k4
Jun 08, 2006, 05:42 PM
Heh, I'm resigning as soon as someone posts an apllication, but I always play by the rules, especially seeing how the judiciary acted last term ;)

Whomp
Jun 13, 2006, 11:14 AM
If my appointment is confirmed I will prepare a plan for our workers. I will take requests from city governors to make a case for their needs. Pictures will be posted tonight.

robboo
Jun 13, 2006, 11:34 AM
Whomp...I think you will do a good job at this. Might be a good office for you next term.:)

Vind2
Jun 13, 2006, 03:35 PM
We will need to wait for Nobody to return. Before it can be approved.

ice2k4
Jun 13, 2006, 04:13 PM
Well until Whomp is officialy approved hes my deputy, and I hereby hand over all powers to my deputy for the next week. There no problems ;)

robboo
Jun 13, 2006, 05:15 PM
"common sense law" at its best...:)

Oldbus
Jun 13, 2006, 07:51 PM
Minister/Deputy Minister/"Increasingly Ministerial" Whomp (delete as appropriate :) ),

I currently have 1 worker in Fort Impervious. If you have any going spare then I can use them for a while, rather than disbanding them.

Whomp
Jun 17, 2006, 10:55 AM
Here's the plan for worker tasks this turnset....

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/6018/moi0tc.jpg

Oldbus
Jun 17, 2006, 12:06 PM
Whomp,

We have posted conflicting instructions for the Fort Impervious worker. When the mine is finished, I have asked for the worker to chop the forest (and build a farm) 1E2S of FI. You have asked that the worker chop the forest 1W of FI.
I feel that the advantage of being able to build the farm on fresh water means that my choice is a better forest tile to chop.

What do you think?

Whomp
Jun 17, 2006, 12:26 PM
Good catch Oldbus. I will adjust my instructions to reflect working the commerce forest first.

Vind2
Jun 17, 2006, 01:03 PM
When you get a chance, could you have one of the workers begin to chop the jungle around toot uncommon? It's capped by :yuck:

Whomp
Jun 17, 2006, 01:59 PM
You got it Vind.
I plan to bring Pink that direction to hook up the cornfield.

My goal was to accelerate our commerce and happiness through the courts, forges and markets being built. I saw Toot as a city in reasonable shape commerce and happiness wise with +9gpt commerce and 5gpt maintainence. That's not nearly as bad as some of the others.
IE Ft. Impervious needs considerable help as it's a (1) net gpt.

Vind2
Jun 17, 2006, 11:44 PM
Toot only has a pop of 4 so clearing up some jungle and finishing the aquaduct will hopefull kill off some :yuck: not to mention there aren't that many workable nonjungle tiles there left.

Fetch
Jun 21, 2006, 11:08 AM
Can I get a worker to chop the forest 1N2W of BW? I see there are 2 workers 1S of MG that will be passing by to make a farm on the wheat S of BW. For the TC AFTER 22-Jun-06 I'd like to have one or both come to BW to chop the forest specified. It will go to build a forge. Eventually, I want to put a windmill there.

Also, Can we perhaps name the workers? I'd be happy with Worker 1, 2, 3... but naming them to the city they are working or the function they do "Captain Road Builder" would be great. Not that I don't like the colored dots, but we're running into some obscure colors.

Sweetacshon
Jun 21, 2006, 12:53 PM
dMoI Whomp (or is it official now?)
A few worker related issues:
If you wouldnt mind not chopping any more forest around NPC, I will soon be producing research, which will kind of defeat the purpose of the chop. After the (yellow - named NPC) worker finishes cottaging where he is, could he cottage 2 squares south of where he is now?
About 4 turns into the next TC, NPC will produce another worker - can I suggest mining the hills north of FI to help the GT there?

Whomp
Jun 21, 2006, 12:54 PM
I will review your chop request Fetch. I don't think this will be a problem.
I would like to name the workers as well. I didn't want to get into a judicial argument so maybe a naming thread would be useful.

Sweet why is the city doing research out of curiosity?

I will have my plan up tonight once I see what happened last turnchat. Did Civgeneral ever post any details?

Sweetacshon
Jun 21, 2006, 01:07 PM
I never saw a log or even a summary from last TC.

The city will be researching after I whip the forge, as there won't be anything else that useful (for the moment) to build there. As for the whip itself, I am tired of limping along on the happiness limit, the forge will increase happiness, and the pop will be back to where it was before in the following TC, yet the scope for growth is larger.

By the time we have the ability to build the caravel, the city should be able to get one out fairly quickly (also the reason I wanted to keep forests).

Fetch
Jun 21, 2006, 03:10 PM
So whipping the citizens is ok? Not trying to get you in trouble, Sweetacshon, but last time I saw that on the boards citizens got really upset. Personally I think, if we don't want to whip, we should change civics. The slavery civic has slaves all the time, they're just not being sacrificed for production as when they are whipped.

Edit: typo

Sweetacshon
Jun 22, 2006, 01:11 AM
I am just using the tools I have been given. If our empire believes that slavery is the way to go, and iirc we had a poll on this last term, then I am willing to use it. Possibly we may become more enlightened in the future, but at the moment, slaves are a akin to workhorses and if needed to work, they will work.... hard.

Disclaimer: Obviously not my RL view ;)

Sorry for spamming your office, dMoI.

Oldbus
Jun 22, 2006, 05:31 AM
As I understand it we voted for slavery and gave governors the power to use the whip if they saw fit. I have no problem with folks complaining, but as I see it, they should simply not vote for that governor in future (or start a vote to change civics).

As governor of Fort Impervious, I plan to use the whip to finish the Globe Theatre: I think our citizens will be so overwhelmed by the magnificence of this building they will forget all their unhappiness.

Fetch
Jun 22, 2006, 07:10 AM
Oldbus' motto: Beatings will continue until morale improves... or until we finish the Globe Theater.

;)

Whomp
Jun 22, 2006, 10:27 AM
Plaque seen on the desk of the MoI...
"Easier to ask forgiveness than to ask for permission"

:mischief:

BTW I will have instructions up tonight for the turnplayer. If you have specific needs please let me know which worker (color) you're using.

Fetch
Jun 26, 2006, 12:15 PM
Mr. MoI-
Can I get the workers near BW to mine that hill I've been talking about BEFORE moving on to farming the wheat S of BW? I could start making use of that mine sooner now, since we're at war.

Whomp
Jun 26, 2006, 03:25 PM
You got it Fetch. I'll be reevaluating all worker tasks this turnset.

Vind2
Jun 26, 2006, 03:30 PM
Once the workers near Bassilca finish can you send them to chop some jungle at Toot?

Sweetacshon
Jun 27, 2006, 03:42 AM
Whomp, could the workers near Bascilica stop what they are doing and finish the road between Basc and Const? Not only will any improvements be ripped up anyway by the german swine, the road will gain a few precious turns for troops coming from the west. Not to mention that it gets the workers out of the area.

The worker NPC is producing soon - I posted instructions to complete the road to Abydos (only 1 square left) and then head over to the jungle between toot and auda, as poor toot is choking. Did you have other plans for the new worker?

Whomp
Jun 27, 2006, 08:29 AM
Sweet that sounds like a plan.

If it would be possible if someone could post a satelite view of the domestics and what the workers are working on that would be great. I can't post a pic and instructions till later.

Sweetacshon
Jun 27, 2006, 10:15 AM
Sure, here's a map (there are two workers not shown up near MG), but dont have time for a task list... but if you look in the previous TC thread, they are probably doing the same thing, as it was only 2 turns ago.

Whomp
Jun 27, 2006, 11:10 AM
Thanks Sweet. Thoughts and comments are welcome.
The worker are not doing all that I asked since I asked to move the worker from building a cottage on plains at Basillica.

Man, War wariness kicked in fast. It may be more important to move the slider to take out the angry citizens. Ugh...

Sweetacshon
Jun 27, 2006, 07:25 PM
We were trading with germany for silver, so the war was a double blow for happiness. The slider might be a agood idea.

Whomp
Jun 27, 2006, 07:49 PM
The other thing we should consider is turning off science for a couple turns to upgrade a few units on the front. Either the chariots or archers.