View Full Version : Citizen's Assembly - Settlement Location

ice2k4
Jul 16, 2006, 07:58 AM
This is an official poll of the Citizens Assembly. Please vote for where you would like to build our next city, or if you would not like to build one at this time. If you select Other, please post in this thread where you would rather settle.

Screenshots for sites red, green, and cyan:
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/5113/settle107011zz.th.jpg
http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/7338/settle107023pb.th.jpg

Link to relevant discussion: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=172617

Link to last poll:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=173852

Poll Question: Where should we settle our next city?

Options:

* Site Red
* Site Green
* Site Cyan (Light Blue)
* Other (please specify)
* Do not settle a city at this time
* Abstain

Oldbus
Jul 16, 2006, 03:20 PM
I figured as we have got the settler, we might as well settle and chose Red.

Once again, shouldn't this be a public poll?

GeorgeOP
Jul 16, 2006, 03:47 PM
...and further damage our economy?

We could raise a German city, and after the war use this settler to found a city in the same or similar place.

robboo
Jul 16, 2006, 04:37 PM
the public private thing is not that important....( please lets not reopen this argument.)

I voted NO also.( so now its not private)

ice2k4
Jul 16, 2006, 07:43 PM
Well I think that we shouldnt settle now because of the economy. If you really feel strongly you dont want to have an idle settler, theres always disbanding the unit.

robboo
Jul 16, 2006, 09:31 PM
nope we can settle later..I have NEVER disbanded a unit and I woudlnt even think of it..

Sweetacshon
Jul 16, 2006, 09:50 PM
It is war that has ruined the economy, especially war on our soil - the pillage of improvements and the production ( and upkeep) lost to military units. I vote to settle. A bigger danger to the economy is capturing cities (above and beyond Berlin) in the war, imho.

dutchfire
Jul 17, 2006, 06:43 AM
I voted red as I feel we should settle, and because the way the poll was made, and the fact that Red got some votes already, this was the best chance to make that happen. However, seeing our money problems, I quite like Pink.

Sweetacshon
Jul 17, 2006, 09:04 AM
I second that, dutch, I was thinking a similar thing. Red is good for prod'n, green and pink better for commerce. Don't the voters saying no or abstaining want a say in where to settle, assuming the consensus is to settle? If more citizens feel this way, perhaps we should repoll the sites.

/Edit/ ...or not. I'd like to settle both west and south. :)

dutchfire
Jul 17, 2006, 09:15 AM
Pink dot can easily pay for itself.

robboo
Jul 17, 2006, 10:43 AM
I am sticking to NO and if polled again for settlement site would abstain. I feel that strongly about the mistake that this is. My game experience just screams "NO DON'T DO IT". And yes I do listen to the voices in my head. :crazyeye:

Heres the thing..if you guys wanted the city built..you should have maybe perhaps convinced everyone where to build it and why instead of complaining about the poll this time or even last time you should hav eput up more of an arguement.

As president...unless forced to by JR or poll declared invalid which the censor cant do because it follows his procedures, I have to follow the actions in this poll. Short of a JR on this poll...I cant do anything but follow the outcome. Perhaps you should have voted other...instead of red dot( if thats what you did.)

Maybe you should ask for a JR right now on this to stop this poll now. I wont because I just do see the issue this time where as last time no one complained.

GeorgeOP
Jul 17, 2006, 04:47 PM
Maybe close down this poll, and have one poll that asks whether we should settle, and a second poll runing at the same time that asks if we decide to settle, where.

Sweetacshon
Jul 18, 2006, 01:19 AM
The poll should only be stopped if enough people have a problem with it, or if dutch, or someone else, feels strongly enough that red dot was "forced" in some way. Or, I guess if George (maybe ice), who I assume was the 2nd no vote, wants to vote against red dot.

Would it make any difference? Red dot seems a pretty clear winner.

Oldbus
Jul 18, 2006, 08:38 AM
I think the poll was clear and there is a clear result.

robboo
Jul 18, 2006, 08:53 AM
OK guys....here is the deal.

As afar as I know we can not invalidate the poll.(legally) Clearly the majority wants to settle...and they picked red dot. AGAIN you who selected red but wanted pink could have raised that option by voting other. Short of a JR we cants repoll this poll since I think it follows all the legal requirements for polling and the censors procedures

IF you are considering getting a JR will hold my orders for the settler..call it "professional courtesy". If I need to do it legallly holding my orders I just wont post any. :)

( in other words) Someone ask for a JR that thinks the poll is bad. Every time I walk into the judicary...things get off balanced.

DaveShack
Jul 18, 2006, 11:14 AM
If I were in this situation as President, I might ask for an assembly poll on changing the science rate to account for the influence of the settlement. :mischief:

dutchfire
Jul 18, 2006, 11:17 AM
Well, the poll should have been public, but it's a bit cheap to repoll it on that base.

robboo
Jul 18, 2006, 11:25 AM
Dave: true..but I think I can drop it or simply let the game drop it. Now if you are saying I should remind everyone how incredible short sighted this decision is for the countries economy...I dont think I have to poll to say that since I just did. Now can I use the poll to stop settlement...hmmm. :mischief:

Just like the mongolian war..economy will suffer and so will the science rate. I rallied/lobbied against the continuation of the mongolian war when I was SoS and I was right then...I sure hope I am wrong now but I feel this will effect our economy with the continuation of the war.

The people who voted for this city will now have to accept the consequences especially since the arguent was to get incense and red wont get incense. we gain nothing from red city...great name for it..."Nothing" or "Nada"

Dutch: I don't think thats enough to have a JR overturn this.

dutchfire
Jul 18, 2006, 11:35 AM
Well, red does have some good production.

We can always settle pink later :p

robboo
Jul 18, 2006, 11:45 AM
true...BUT the whole purpose of this settler was a nation wide popualtion increase by getting more happiness. We are MANY MANY MANY TCs away from even thinking of building another settler I hope.

GeorgeOP
Jul 18, 2006, 10:47 PM
Maybe we should settle both red and pink. And we should gift away all our Mongolian cities to Germany. Then our economy isn't dragged down and theirs is.

I hope everyone realises I'm kidding.

Sweetacshon
Jul 19, 2006, 12:42 AM
Does anyone actually know how much this will affect the economy, as in -3 mainenance?

I am definately keen to settle pink, and will produce a settler next TC. *kidding* The impact of settling red should give us some idea of when we can settle pink (or green, or somewhere inbetween)

GeorgeOP
Jul 19, 2006, 08:52 AM
Does anyone actually know how much this will affect the economy, as in -3 mainenance?
There will be -3 in the new city. But maintenance is base on distance from capitol and number of cities, so the maintenance numbers for all the other cities will change. Founding a new city will cost our economy a total -8 gpt.

robboo
Jul 19, 2006, 11:29 AM
-8gpt...thats alot right now...

robboo
Jul 19, 2006, 11:57 AM
Looks like red dot it is..I will wait for validation( but I will put in my instructions)

ice2k4
Jul 22, 2006, 08:57 AM
Pol validated and closed.

Our next city is to be settled at site red. This is a binding decision.