View Full Version : LINESII- Into the Darkness- Part II

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17

~Darkening~
Dec 30, 2006, 03:49 PM
For the record, I sent crappy orders considering that this will be a pivital moment in my line of descent.

LightFang
Dec 30, 2006, 03:52 PM
For the record, my orders were totally awesome because they were incredibly simple.

Kal'thzar
Dec 30, 2006, 06:33 PM
I think mine were also, most of the orders already having been discussed at some point (other than inventive and creative tactics :p).

alex994
Dec 30, 2006, 06:49 PM
From The Secret Memoirs of Na-Shimin

“Despite all the evils committed by the Bladeists, one has not yet been added to the list. They have yet to bore one to death. After all, they are the most interesting peoples in the world.” –Princess Liu Shi

The splendor of the Imperial State has never been greater. Gorin, Khemri and Guangfei. The Three Greatest Imperial States the world has to see. The Valins believe in the absurd notion of the “rule by the people” and not the glory that an Empire brings. Their blind faith in their One and their love of a Republic shall be their inevitable undoing. For the Imperial State is the finest government known to man.

With a benevolent monarch, there can be no greater benefit towards man and society. Yet what goes up must come down. It is inevitable and I know that in my heart the glory of the Han cannot last forever. Even, Heaven Forbid, that one day the Imperial State will fall. For 600 years Emperors have reigned and ruled but I know a time will come when it shall end. And so, I have divined and focused my energy to see the future of my beloved homeland. The Land of The Great Rivers and the Land of the Dragon.

Her future is not clear, murky it is indeed. Dirt and pollutants fill the basin and I see conflicting views of the fate of Guangfei. Each revealing in their own, all in great despair and tragedy…

The great house shall fall,
As the old order ends.
The head shall drown
in its own blood.
It shall be lifted to the heavens,
and a great cheer shall come.

Great armies shall march through the Gates,
moving barns they shall be with mighty hosts.
Birds shall be flying under the grey night sky,
the earth and heavens shall shudder.
And an old man shall weep one last time.

Seven shall be the number that shall end,
four shall be the ones to land the blow.
Three shall divide the first,
and two shall reign for divine.
One to rule them all

“Hell has no fury like a woman scorned...”–Lao Tzu

It was a dimly lit room, if not a dark one. Sparsely decorated, and a plain room to boot with no traces of its true purpose. It was a small room in a small building, one of many in the large commercial district of Guanzhong in the second ring. The sole objects in that room was a plain wooden desk, two chairs, a set of writing utensils, a shrine, and a painting of the Shun Emperor. The sole inhabitant was a young woman, in her early twenties. No one would ever call her beautiful, she was simply pretty.

The eyes showed nothing but the cold soul somewhere behind them. The sword at her side and the crossbow on the desk did nothing to deter her cold reptilian image. Clad in the rough clothes of peasants she looked like one. She was smiling now, the angelic smile of an Oneists Angel as she looked through the papers she carried in her hands under the light of the candles.

The smile did not fit with her eyes and as she took a quill and wrote a few characters on a sheet of paper, the angelic smile became a demonic one. A woman in her natural environment, her natural talents, and satisfied in it. On cue, an attendant from the outside came in and approached the desk bowing once before taking the pro-offered document and leaving the room. The woman was left to her work, once more in idle bliss with one thought in mind.

Death to the Valins…

Lord_Iggy
Dec 30, 2006, 09:52 PM
Your nation's fine 'zash.

alex994
Dec 30, 2006, 10:45 PM
WHY DOES NO ONE COMMENT ON MY SHORT STORIES?!?!?!? :cry:

Lord_Iggy
Dec 30, 2006, 10:49 PM
I think they're great! Do you want a critique?

alex994
Dec 30, 2006, 11:32 PM
Yes I do? :D

ThomAnder
Dec 31, 2006, 12:19 AM
OOC: Na Shimin....? If you must steal a name, steal the full name :p

Lord_Iggy
Dec 31, 2006, 12:22 AM
Well, I like your predictions... open to many interpretations, so almost guaranteed to be right. ;)

I like the style. It's not so long that one loses interest, but long and well-written enough to be engaging.

Kal'thzar
Dec 31, 2006, 07:00 AM
Nice story, although I paid particular attention to the last sentance :p

~Darkening~
Dec 31, 2006, 07:26 AM
You know- had I ever told you information of anything useful Alex, I'd be worried. But I seriously hope you don't plan on doing the unthinkable, because the roof shall fall ;). We need to......"discuss" some more in AIM- you can rant osme more about how great the Chinese are while I warn you about the mistake you're about to step into ;]. Through, then again, I could be wrong and at the donkey's end of things for once.

Surely hope my interpertion is wrong.

alex994
Dec 31, 2006, 09:13 AM
OOC: You people are so predictable. What does one woman sitting in a dingy little office have to do with Imperial Politics? I was just having fun messing with you :cool: Which was satisfied with your little response :p

EDIT: I was considering whether to put the Bladeists or Valins at the last line though thinking which would have a greater dramatic effect :mischief:

Lord_Iggy
Jan 01, 2007, 01:09 AM
Happy New Years! alex, which new year do you celebrate?

Anyway, 1st post of 2007 by my clock.

Kentharu
Jan 01, 2007, 01:13 AM
omg iggy.... please.... stop... posting!!!

you are torturing me!! everytime you post i think its the update!

Lord_Iggy
Jan 01, 2007, 01:29 AM
It's not coming anytime soon, so don't get excited.

I've still got about 1/3 of my homework remaining to be done.

And 10 more days to do it in.

alex994
Jan 01, 2007, 10:33 AM
Happy New Years! alex, which new year do you celebrate?

I celebrate both New Years :p For the record, I will be posting a story about intrigue at the court soon ;)

North King
Jan 01, 2007, 11:02 AM
And 10 more days to do it in.

Gah! That's about as long as our entire winter break has been. :(

alex994
Jan 01, 2007, 12:13 PM
Remembrance of the Light
“Devotion to the One, Loyalty to the Emperor, that is our creed and we swear it.” -Duke of Qingdao

“My dear sister, maternity seems to be catching up on you. I have not seen you around the Palace for quite a while, where have you been? And how are my dear brother-in-law and possible nephew and/or niece? I hear that Father is very pleased with the marriage and eagerly waits for the birth of his first grandchildren.”

Those are words that most young women after marriage yearn to hear from their eldest brother and they would normally smile at it. This woman did not and in fact she frowned on the inside at the hidden meaning. Father is very pleased… In her brother’s tone it sounded more like an accusation then a praise of sorts. For years her father had not yet announced to the Family who would inherit him thus the succession was still at odds of sort. That was due to her eldest brother’s ah… controversial views on various issues.

They had two other brothers and one sister. Three brothers alone would have made the competition hard enough, but add in the possibility of the daughters, or her children inheriting made her older brother a very grumpy person, not yet a man, and a child no longer. Normally his temperament was hardly warm to begin with and he possessed a very sallow personality much like the Valins he admired so.

None the less, she was a Princess of the Imperial Dynasty. Courage and bravery flowed through her veins as much as they did in Xi Shi, the admired heroine of Guangfei. She did not fear her brother. She only had disgust and hatred towards him and what he represented in his mind. He believed he was The Bringer of Light and Civilization to Guangfei, the Bringer of Valin Culture to an otherwise decrepit land.

“Yes my dear brother, I have spent extensive time shopping in the city and my husband is currently fighting in the Bladeist campaign. So far he has marked himself with great distinction in battle. And your nephew is doing fine, at least that’s the impression I gain from the healthy kicking and the various doctors and midwives. I am sure our father would be more then happy to greet his new grandson in a few months.”

I am Princess Liu Shi.

He glared at her, all veneer of polite manner fading under his eyes. It was amazing that he and she were of the same blood and parents. That they were brothers and sisters and yet so different, it amazed him every time. His sister was a firm believer in the old Han ways and thought the Valins were mad. How could she not see that the Valins were the way of the future? Their splendid armies would march to the gates of Khadon and their mighty fleets would purge the sea of their enemies.

Their rise to power once more was inevitable, and he would align Guangfei to that power and bask in that glory. He had already arranged for some money and arms to be sent to them without the knowledge of the rest of the Imperial Family. She was his greatest threat to the Imperial Succession. His brother was in love with money and becoming a merchant and the other was obsessed with designing strange gadgets as well as buildings. His youngest sister was a non-entity

That left her, that scheming woman. She even married the youngest son of the Duke of Qingdao just to rub it in his face. That an Oneists would abandon his faith for love. Anger rose in his soul as he snarled once more at the chains that held him from converting. While the chances of she succeeding their father was low, the chances of her son succeeding was quite high. The Han people positively adored her. She had given herself a very feminine, weak and frail image to the court and one easily influenced.

It was all a fake as she desired and even craved power. She would become Emperor with her husband as her consort at her side and rule Guangfei if she could. But no, that was impossible and she knew it. Her children would be the greatest threat to his power but Imperial Tradition forbade him from moving against them in a public or private manner. He would be destroyed before his father would allow him to do anything.

“It seems a bit chilly, perhaps we should retire to the antechamber?”

“Agreed.”

I am Prince Liu Ming.

-------------------------------------------------------------

She smiled as she caressed at the heads of her children. They were twins, one boy and one girl born as healthy as a child could be. Her boy was 4th in line for the succession via primogeniture, but it was highly possible that her father could be persuaded to change the succession as her brothers were either incapable of the position or did not desired it. She was wallowing on those gentle thoughts as a messenger burst into the room. She was about to scold when a single look shocked her.

“Your Highness, Your Husband, Lord Nan is dead killed in battle.”

A stiff silence hung over her as she heard those words and emotions that was beyond her experience engulfed her. But that was not all the message entailed.

“This was the means that he was killed Your Highness.”

It was a Han crossbow bolt.

alex994
Jan 01, 2007, 12:17 PM
OOC: For the record, I want critique! :D

Lord_Iggy
Jan 01, 2007, 12:24 PM
Nice story alex.

EDIT: Grr, Xpost.

Azash
Jan 01, 2007, 12:26 PM
Iggy! You annoy me with posting without updates! Stay tuned for story! Even less exclamation marks!

Azash
Jan 01, 2007, 12:43 PM
High Servitor Anesh Seb'Eyl was not feeling particularly good this morning. Yesterday's Festival of the Fires, celebrated in the temple of Maler, had featured great amounts of drinking. And not only had he drunk in excess, but he had also participated in a traditional battle demonstration of true Malereficar spirit. Unfortunately, the Maler warriors utilized some natural means of developing their battle-fury.
The memory of the seizure-inducing fires of the temple and the things he'd seen and felt when he'd ingested the raffenor mushrooms made his stomach turn, and he decidedly pushed those mental images away. After all, he had more important things to do than vomit.
The reason yesterday had been a time of celebration was that Seb'Eyl had finally united the tribes of Malereficar. It had taken him years, but now the in-fighting had finally been subdued. As a warrior of a hundred battles, he knew that fighting cost too many lives. It was time, he'd decided, to turn that violent amount of death into expansion instead. Maler deserved greater and greater honour upon her name, and the High Servitor was not fool enough to deny her the jubilance of battle.

EDIT: Ok, hardly worth celebration, but I'll write more.

Lord_Iggy
Jan 01, 2007, 01:12 PM
Oh hey, which river did you want to start on? Both are on the ragged edge of habitability, BTW.

Azash
Jan 01, 2007, 02:48 PM
Who cares? We're tough northern peopleses! But put me on either one, won't differ much. Preferably the more hospitable one, then.

North King
Jan 01, 2007, 08:49 PM
It is said that when the Lengels of old were still free, they would occasionally send embassies to Kaliai, the greatest city of the Merhai. This was usually one of the least coveted assignments that a Lengel could take–no glory, and no pleasures, either, for it was rumored that the Merhai bedded their animals, and had no use for pillow-houses, and that, furthermore, all their food was of ramid meat. Of course, the men who went there found that both of those statements were untrue, but they came back saying that they were not far from the truth–the Merhai may not lie with their animals, but their cuisine certainly did not fill a man’s belly the way real food should.

Thus, the embassy was still hated by every Lengel who was sent on it, for they viewed it as a waste of time. These barbarian ramid herders from the north had nothing to offer the great Lengel Empire, even though the Lengels themselves were not so great as they had been in the Iron Face days. And the general aura of the nation did not help–small clusters of ramshackle farms dotted the countryside, and most of the time they served merely as waystations for the herders. Add to that the fact that there was only one real city to the nation–Kaliai, and Kaliai itself had little to offer the embassies, being a vast collection of steeply roofed wooden buildings, with narrow streets. Taking all this into account, the Lengel soldiers could hardly be blamed for this dislike of the nation to the north of them.

General Batu was one of these soldiers, the commander of the fifth embassy northwards. He, too, held a contempt for the northerners, and he did not bother to conceal it when his troop joined with a small Merhai force to enter the nation.

Then they were snowed in on one of the high mountain passes.

It was thousands of feet up, the wind blowing hard and steady. There was very little that the Lengels could do, for they had never experienced this kind of weather before: a blizzard was well enough known in the steppe, but being snowed in by massive drifts was not.

The Merhai quickly took charge of the situation, rationing their food well, and it soon became clear that the Lengels would starve to death without Merhai provisions. The Merhai gave away half of their food without a single thought, and in the meantime brought their massive ramids to the forefront of the band, arranging them in a V pattern. The Lengels looked on, astonished at this spectacle, while the Merhai ordered all of the men and horses to form a column behind the V.

Then they drove their ramids forward, into the snow. (Wooly ramids, of course, have two of their tusks much more elongated than southern ramids; this is a survival adaptation.) They set their long, curved tusks to the ground, and began to plow, scraping all of the snow away, and the V pattern meant that they cleared a vast path for the column. Within hours, they were free of the pass, and the party emerged on the other side of the mountains, safely settled in a village to wait out the storm.

To the end of his days thenceforth, Batu forced his men to treat their Merhai allies with the utmost of respect.

Lord_Iggy
Jan 01, 2007, 09:01 PM
Nice story NK. Nice little look in on your culture.

alex994
Jan 01, 2007, 09:03 PM
Iggy, have you seen the two pms I've sent you and etc? :(

Lord_Iggy
Jan 01, 2007, 09:09 PM
Guangfei info and your orders?

justokre
Jan 02, 2007, 05:52 AM
Je suis Sanx!

Sanx
Cities: Cyrix, Karax
Leader: Horus Nictuma / justokre
Religion: Divotheism (85%), Alse (15%)
Government: Tribalism
Economy: 2- 2/0
Population: Small
Army: 5000 Spearmen, 2000 Archers
Navy: 10 Galleys
Education: None
Technology: Iron Age
Confidence: Tolerating
Culture: None
Wonders:
Description: The Sanx are one of the more recently established native new world nations, having recently moved down from the frigid wastelands of the north. They are rapidly developing into an urban civilization.

justokre
Jan 03, 2007, 10:58 AM
From Sanx
To Kelios
Allow us to refrain from overflowing the afterlife. 3 turn NAP?

Azash
Jan 03, 2007, 03:10 PM
So Iggy, any ideas on the update?

Lord_Iggy
Jan 03, 2007, 03:18 PM
I'll inform everyone when I'm able to work on it.

Cuivienen
Jan 04, 2007, 01:23 PM
To: Sanx

The rebirth of the people is to be celebrated, not scorned, but we will sign your NAP anyway.

North King
Jan 04, 2007, 09:57 PM

The lambent, fiery glow of a bed of hot coals cast away darkness in every corner of the great tent, and threw into sharp relief the features of a hundred of the most honored Merhai–the Great Council. Wizened and Youthful by equal measures, they all appraised two men that had stepped in front of them, one young, straight-backed and defiant, one old, leaning heavily on a cane and with scarred, tortured deep brown eyes.

“Welcome, weary travelers. You may be seated; though we have no seats here, for the earth is all that we need.” The speaker was a middling aged woman with a firm, clear voice, her brown hair tied briskly back into a utilitarian ponytail.

“We thank you,” murmured the younger of the two men. He helped his friend to the floor before seating himself before the semi-circle.

“Why is it that you have come to our chamber, before the Great Council in one of our rare meetings?” asked the stern woman.

“I am Falhir, man of the Merhai and erstwhile soldier, my gracious Halle, Councilmember of the Tarehel Clan. My companion is Ulan, of the Lengel peoples who live south of our Republic.”

“And why have you come?” she repeated.

“To tell you of great crimes, of crimson tales that make the heart shriek, of warriors in whose veins surely flow icewater, for they have no compassion nor goodness in them. We have come to tell you of a great nation that has been trod into dust, of an ally that we have abandoned. We have come to tell you of the Lengels, whose chapter is all but written in the long book of history, but for their friends, if they should come,” he replied.

“I put it forth to the Great Council,” called a voice, young and fair from near the rear of the tent, a maiden Councilmember whose face was all but obscured in the back, “To hear these witnesses, to judge the atrocities that they claim to bear news of.”

The hundred assented with no debate.

“Tell your story, then, and let us hear the news of the south, for it is not often that we get visitors.”

Falhir stood, and whispered something to his friend, who seemed to agree. Then Falhir turned to the Council, and began to speak.

“It is half a century passed that the Gorinese Empire acquired a border to our south. Their war on the Lengels came swifter than an arrow, and the once great empire was subdued by surprise and treachery. We were, as we are, a small nation, blessed only in that we were so small as to be easily overlooked by the greater powers of the world. When the Lengels were conquered so quickly as to make us struck dumb, it dawned upon us that this power was beyond our reckoning. We abandoned our ally, and let him fall to the red armies of Gorin.”

“I remember this time,” a Councilmember said, her voice hoarse and high. “It was not a decision we liked to make, the Council, but we made it, for there was no hope in battle, and we do not sacrifice the sons of the Merhai in vain.”

Falhir bowed his head, and then continued on.

“We have remained in our northern homes, and they in their southern, and it would seem peace would prevail. However, I do not know if this is true; in fact, I very much doubt it is. Allow my friend, Ulan, to tell his tale, for it is a long one, and full of misery.”

Another murmur of acquiescence.

Falhir hoisted his friend to his feet; Ulan took his can, propped himself up with it, and took a long look around the tent before beginning. In that moment, the Council saw that he was a Lengel, an odd color of skin, burnt by the wind and the sun, bleak and hard as the steppe.

“I greet you, women of the Merhai,” he inclined his head at length at the Council, “and men,” he added, bowing to the assembled Merhai who looked onto the proceedings. “I am Ulan, of the Clan Turul, and here is my tale:

“My people have dwelt upon the steppes since time immemorial. My clan, those of Turul, who bear the great falcon upon our breasts, have our lands in the steppe, and they are good–well watered, and favored by the eyes of the gods. We rarely see fire, nor plague, nor famine; only war is that which we bear as a burden, and we are well used to war, so that is not so much a burden as it might seem.

“We hunted, we gathered fruits, we led our horses from well to well in the vast land that we call our home. And we were glad of life, glad of our ways, though harsh they might seem to outsiders.”

“It was then that we sought to impose order upon the world–we did not bear the nations of the south any ill will–no more than a king who enforces his law abhors his subjects. Thus, we conquered: and we were staggered, for the conquest was far easier than we might have expected. There was little resistance, for it was as if we fought grass, which bent to our will.

“But just as grass is not destroyed by a surface flame, so our enemies were not defeated; the empire grew old, and began to stagger from many bleeding wounds. So my clan, those of the Turul, joined the ones who believed we were taking the wrong path. The Turul were among the True Lengels–your allies, who helped restore order to turmoil. The Merhai aided us then, and together, we fought our mighty war against the Iron Face, with ten thousand warriors, and the glorious warhorns sounding all around.

“Little did our peoples intertwine past that point; and so, as you have heard, we were conquered by the Gorinese, in our moment of weakness. I was a Turul, but my clan lives free on the steppe. We were fleet, so the Gorinese could not catch us; we were fierce, so when they caught us, they could not kill us all. Thus does the Great Falcon watch over me and my people.

“But nothing could have prepared us for the horrors we witnessed there.

“This new Gorinese regime was not what we had expected. The people to the south were “civilized”, or so we had heard: they were pale and fleshy, but they held human life in high regard. We did not witness this last.

“I have heard it said by some scholars of old that the Gorinese were once regarded as a truly good nation, one that pursued its goals through high-headed, calm and level procedures. If so, then this side was curiously absent in their treatment of us.

“Children were torn away from their mothers. Men were hunted like dogs. The old were left to die on the steppe, feasted upon by wolf and crow, while the young were sold into slavery, never to be seen again. I know this, for I have seen it. The screams of dying children are burned into my ears forever, and the sights which I saw, too numerous and horrible to describe, are forever linked to me.

“We are conquerors, not animals. We are no less human than any others, but Gorin disregards this. They find those that are undesirable to be no men at all, and they treat them thus: they make gifts of those who were people, who were men and women and children with lives. They take them from their mother’s breast, and shackle their hands and feet, selling them like common cattle!

“The Gorinese are not just; they are horrific conquerors with brutal methods, who make a mockery of honorable war. This is why I come to bid you aid us: aid us in our fight against tyrants, in our fight against horror and evil. I come to hold an ally to their oath. This is why I come to your Great Council, Halle of the Tarahel.”

There was a silence, and then a timid voice came, not of the Council, not of the men, but from the Merhai who had gathered in the tent to watch the spectacle.

“My lords? My ladies?”

“There are no lords and ladies in this room,” said Halle loftily. “But we shall hear you all the same.”

“May I speak to the Council?”

“All may speak to the Council, for we are an open people, and we do not disdain any who should come to bear knowledge. Do you bear that gift?”

“I do.” With trepidation, the slow footsteps came, and awkwardly, a young woman walked. Her strained sway said that her feet had been in pain for a long time, though they were starting to be relieved; her clothes were rags, though her soles were well shod. Her face had a haunted look, as though she had only emerged from months of mourning to see a glimmer of sunshine, but could not cast away that which had come before.

“I... Hello. I mean–a fair...” she paused, and continued, “a fair day be upon you. I am... suh–sorry for intruding upon the deliberations of this body, and to interrupt the much needed words of these men, but I feel that there has not been enough said about these Gorinese–that you might somehow walk away with a not so terrible ideal of them, and I could not let that happen.

“I am Ameri Nuru, and I am of Ikki, but my tale is long, and I have seen many realms.

“My family was one of free artisans in Dazjyki, and, as you know, that land fell to the Gammoreans too quickly–our people were divided. My brother died by the dagger of a common thug who made off with our money in the chaos; my father was killed in the fall of the city. I barely escaped with my sister and mother, and we made our way to the Merhai, for this was the land which we had heard was free of the troubles of the south.

“Alas, it was not to be, for our small party was surprised by marauding Gammorean horsemen, and I saw my mother and sister die that day, pierced by the arrows of the Gammoreans. I hid, and then escaped, but, to my woe, I did not choose the right turn, and I found myself over the border of the Gorinese, rather than the Merhai.

“I did not think it such a setback at the time, but it was, for the first village I came to was a Lengel one. Or, it had been a Lengel one.

“The Gorinese were rampaging around the village, fierce and bloodthirsty. I do not know what had come over them, for despite the fact that I had come from the East into the village, and not out of the village, they took me for a Lengel, and clapped me in irons.

“I... They were not kind... Not by any stretch of that word...” She turned and coughed, concealing some hint of great pain that only the men, standing near as they were, could see. Falhir felt the urge to go to her, to comfort her, but resisted.

“I was sold, like a common beast. I tried to tell them over and over that I was not a Lengel, that I was an Ikkian. But they did not care. They laughed at me, beat me savagely. I do not know what demon god they worship, but it is one without pity or mercy, for I was at their mercy, and they gave none.

“They sold me to another man, Hatisi, a tall black man... Nkondi, I think... He was no more kind than they were. I was with him for half a year, and I tried to tell him, but he would not listen... I thought somehow I could... I don’t know... charm him... but my charms fell on deaf ears...

“I escaped. I found a friend, a Lengel smith, last of his village, who struck off my grim steel collar. I still have it, to remind me of the old life.

“He died, trying to hold off those who pursued me: I escaped on a Lengel steed, swift as the wind, but my journey here was perilous nonetheless. There was worse that I suffered, but there is no time to detail it now. I appear before you now, in rags that my master gave me to wear. And I still bear the mark of the Gorinese.”

She took a steel collar from her tattered cloak, and threw it upon the floor before the delegates.

“I am Ameri Nuru, and I tell you now, this is who you speak of. Brutal men who have defied all laws of the Earth. Ugly souls who any true peoples on this planet would fight; fight with all their strength. I am Ameri Nuru; and take my words to heart.”

She left her collar upon the ground before the delegates, and walked back to the crowd without another word.

A silence ensued, furious as a thunderstorm.

“My people,” Falhir said at long last. “This is what awaits you. Do we need to see the crimson writing upon our own walls? It is clear now.

“The Gorinese have not stopped. Their wars of conquest have continued ever onward. They have taken Gerber, and then the Lengels, in a brutal war, not just of conquest, but of extermination. They hold to no civil code, they are no honorable warriors. They threaten destruction to all who dare oppose them.

“And I bid you, look. They are even now rousing to crush the last throes of the Lengels, and then, their armies will be in their north, upon the very southern cusp of our nation. We are in their path, and their path is one of ruin. Do we wait?”

The old woman who had spoken before rose in answer. “You have moved many a heart in this room, Falhir, Ulan of Turul, and Ameri Nuru of Ikki, not least mine own. What you say has much truth to it, but there is one thing that is plain for all to see, even eyes so clouded and old as mine:

“The Gorinese may well be the worst nation that has walked Tellus since the Eldranians of old. The Gorinese may well be harboring in them the desire and the means to destroy all people, including ours. The Gorinese may be as a hurricane, and they may continue northward. But the fact remains.

“We do not have enough men. Alone, we of the Merhai have barely five thousand men, and a few dozen ramids that stand ready to fight. We may raise as many as five thousand more, in my estimation, of raw levies; and perhaps some dozens more of ramids. However, this is not enough.

“Regardless of our courage, or valor, Gorin has over ten thousand standing firm, and the capacity to raise tens of thousands more in conscripts. We would be fighting at least two-to-one against us, and as many as ten-to-one. They have ramids as well, and generals no less competent than our own. We would have the virtue of surprise, but that, by itself is not enough to win a war.

“We cannot fight this war, and though it grieves me to say, the Merhai alone cannot hold back this ocean. Alone, we Merhai cannot fight.”

With a shout, some rider tried to get into the Council, shouting at the guard; a commotion ensued, but at length, the man stopped trying to enter, and bid the guard carry his message. As the Great Council looked on, the guard walked slowly towards the fore of the room, his steps swallowed dully by the ground.

“If it please the Council, this... rider... is an envoy. He says he brings news from the south... and word of an Ally.”

Part Two (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=4951778#post4951778)

Thlayli
Jan 04, 2007, 10:14 PM
Great story, NK.

~Darkening~
Jan 04, 2007, 10:18 PM
Good job NK......I'm watching you so don't try anything tricky!

Thlayli
Jan 04, 2007, 10:21 PM
Right, ok then.

Lord_Iggy
Jan 04, 2007, 11:04 PM
“This new Gorinese regime was not what we had expected. The people to the south were “civilized”, or so we had heard: they were pale and fleshy, but they held human life in high regard. We did not witness this last.Actually, the Gorinese are black.

And I only have 30 pages of work remaining! 130 down, 30 to go.

(about 2/3 of the pages were readings)

alex994
Jan 04, 2007, 11:24 PM
The Khemri resemble Egyptians right? :confused: The Valins are like Greeks/Romans no? The People of Guangfei are Chinese like right??? :eek:

The whole Gorinese being black is like :crazyeye:

EDIT: It's the whole irony thing. Like how White Europeans treated the Black Africans with now the Black Gorinese treating the well... non-black everyone else.

Lord_Iggy
Jan 04, 2007, 11:47 PM
The Khemri resemble Egyptians right? The Valins are like Greeks/Romans no? The People of Guangfei are Chinese like right???

Da. Oui. Yes.

adherence.
Jan 04, 2007, 11:53 PM
I think I might join, but after the update.

Kentharu
Jan 05, 2007, 05:52 AM
The Khemri resemble Egyptians right? :confused: The Valins are like Greeks/Romans no? The People of Guangfei are Chinese like right??? :eek:

The whole Gorinese being black is like :crazyeye:

EDIT: It's the whole irony thing. Like how White Europeans treated the Black Africans with now the Black Gorinese treating the well... non-black everyone else.

haza! someone realized!

*sigh* i <3 irony :)

And the Gorinese people are black, the blackest of black and pride themselves on it NK, i thought everyone knew gorin was a black nation? well, now you do

erez87
Jan 05, 2007, 05:57 AM
Hey, are there still any Aneyans? Nothing is more pale than them :p

Kentharu
Jan 05, 2007, 07:23 AM
The Journal of Basu Votrotski: The Beginning of the End

Many have told stories of us. The riders of death. The Red Lady’s consorts. The mighty hammer of Blue Face. Many have whispered our name in fear. In terror. Some say that our name should not even be said aloud, for fear that we would come to their door steps and slaughter their family. These rumors. These stories. Perhaps they are not exaggerated. Perhaps what they say is true. They. Who once conquered our land, who once slaughtered our allies. They. They are not our people. They are Lengel. And we are Bajo-Oni.

I grew up in the heart of the Empire. The great city of Gorin itself. My father was a merchant of high repute. My mother, the wife of a rich land owner and a great priestess of Masra. I had 4 siblings, 2 brothers and 2 sisters. We lived well. We lived more than well.

Our dwelling was a three story house. Grand in every word. With a full staff to tend to our every need. We had two chefs, who could cook almost any meal, and even knew some Lengel dishes. We had a stablemaster, our own blacksmith. We had everything. We were pure blood Gorin, we were everything. My life back then, it was good. I had not a care in the world. I played forever, with my brothers and sisters. We would cause our father much grief with our antics. But he was never angry with us. He loved us, and we loved him.

My mother was like any other mother. She was caring, kind, but would not hesitate to yank our ears if we did anything bad. She was the head priestess in Gorin city and hence we were devout followers of our Lord Dula and avatar the Lord Kaiser. Every other day we would go to the temple to give thanks to Dula for guiding the Lord Kaiser’s hand to bring his people to glory. I was small, I did not know better.

I was the youngest of my siblings and hence pampered beyond belief. My father took a special interest in me. I was taught to ride, and to fight at the age of 4. I understand now he was preparing me for what was to come.

I remember when I was 6, we acquired Lengel slaves. They were so strange. Their skin was different from mine, their face, was different from mine. They were different. I would watch them as they worked. They never met my eyes. It frustrated me that they would not look at me. I asked my father why they would not look at me. I asked if it was because they thought I was ugly. He laughed and ruffled my hair. He said they knew their place. I still do not understand.

I remember when one I met one of the Lengel children. His name was Ulbane. He was a little smaller than me, but fast and tough. We became friends. Perhaps more than that. I played with him often, since by the time I was 7 my other siblings were busy with grown up things. We would run around the streets of the city together, laughing and giggling. No one bothered us. They assumed that Ulbane was my playmate. He was not. He was my friend. My father never approved of our friendship, but he did not say anything. He would simply frown when he saw us playing together.

I remember I once went into his home. Well, hut rather, or hovel. It was a simply a shelter made of mud where his mother and father lived. It was located in the far regions of our land. They were very polite to me and never met my eyes. They gave me their best food, which was not good at all, but I liked it because I ate with Ulbane. He told me what the dishes were called in his native tongue. I was never able to pronounce the words properly and Ulbane laughed at me when I tried. I still try. I cannot do it.

At 8 I taught Ulbane how to fight with a sword. At night I would sneak out of the house sometimes and get a horse to teach Ulbane how to ride. He rode well. He seemed, at home on that saddle and he would look down at me from it and smile.

One day I asked my father if he would buy Ulbane a horse. He frowned and said no. I begged him for a week. He finally gave in and gave Ulbane his own horse. From then on we rode together always. When my trainer would come he would frown and spit when he saw Ulbane. He never talked to him even though father had told him to train Ulbane as well. He addressed all his lessons to me but Ulbane was always listening. He soaked in everything and practed all the time. He was always a little better than me but he never gloated. He said “Don’t worry Basu, you will get better.”

At 9 my father boat a small field near the city where we could practice alone. Also so we could practice without anyone seeing us. I always loved to see Ulbane ride. He rode as if he was one with the horse. He said it was in his blood. I did not believe him.

The day of my 10th birthday 2 big men came to our door. When my father saw who they were his almost fell. I watched, as my father talked with the two men. They were huge, dressed in black armor with all sorts of weapons. They towered over my father. I did not hear what they said but when they were done my father came over to me and hugged me. I think he cried that day. I do not know if they were tears of joy or sadness. Perhaps both. For a week the men stayed in our house. They watched me without relent. Their expression was always blank, and had a strange hardness to it. Sometimes they whispered to themselves while me and Ulbane rode together. I was wary of them, and Ulbane said they were trouble. At the end of that week, my life ended. It was in the morning that I was awoken by my father. He said that it was time for me to leave. That I was to go with the 2 men. I ran. I ran down the stairs. I ran out of the house. I got my horse and I rode as fast as I could. I went to the only place I could go to be alone. The field where Ulbane and I practiced. I sat by my favorite tree for about an hour before I heard Ublane coming behind me. He knew I would be here. He always knew.

“I am leaving” I said without turning around. My tears were dry on my cheek, my eyes red

“I know” he said calmly.

“I do not want to go with those men”

“I know”

“We could run away Ulbane, me and you, we could ride away from here”

“No”

“Why not!” I asked furiously

“You have your duty”

“But I do not want to leave you”

“I know”

There was a silence between us for a long time. The only sound with the snorts of Ulbane’s horse and its hooves on the ground. I heard him slide of his horse, his boots smacking the ground as he landed. The crunching of leaves coming closer. He sat by me, but did not look at me. He stared out along the field where we trained.

“You must do your duty Basu” he said quietly

“But I do not...”

“We are children no more, ok?” he finally looked at me. He smiled that smile. That wonderful smile.

“I will not forget you Ul, I won’t” I said, my voice a little hoarse.

“I know, I will not forget you either”

I stared at him. We were so different. He was Lengel, I was Gorin. How could we possibly be friends. He put his arm around me and hugged me. My insides clenched. Why, why did I have to leave. I didn’t want to go with those men.

“I should have listened to you”

“Hmm?”

“You said those men were trouble, I should have listened to you”

“I know”

“You always do” he laughed and shrugged. He seemed different. He seemed, to have grown up in the span of one night. I searched his eyes. His odd green eyes. He was Lengel. I was Gorin. And I kissed him. He did not pull back, he did not lean in. When I pulled away he stared at me and then smiled.

We rode back together, to my house. My father was waiting, so were the two men. The men were on horses. Great black steads that dwarfed mine. I rode over to them, and their blank faces.

“You will not need any of your belongings, you will come with us as you are” One of them men said. I did not reply. One of them grunted and turned his horse before clicking his tongue, sending the horse into a slow trot. I followed.

I looked back. I shouldn’t have. But I did. Ulbane was watching me leave.

“I will miss you” I yelled

“I know” he yelled back

We turned the corner and headed to the city’s exit. No one spoke. We only rode. Rode to my rebirth. As a Bajo-Oni.

ooc comments? crits? moose?

justokre
Jan 05, 2007, 07:33 AM
I loved it, Kentharu!

And yours was very cool too, NK.

Lord_Iggy
Jan 05, 2007, 10:28 AM
Hey, are there still any Aneyans? Nothing is more pale than them :pThere are a few living in Gorin, and a few living in the Citadel. Rumour persists of a few Gerbers hiding in the Keran Mountains even.

ooc comments? crits? moose?
Nice story. He'll be quite torn in the future.

North King
Jan 05, 2007, 02:12 PM
"Pale and fleshy" is not exclusive to Caucasians.

Oruc
Jan 05, 2007, 02:14 PM
"Pale and fleshy" is not exclusive to Caucasians.

How can a black guy be pale?

North King
Jan 05, 2007, 02:17 PM
How can a black guy be pale?

Many ways, but in this particular case, it's a reference to fatness; fat, on this inside of the skin, is white. Cut them open, and they'll spill out pale. Of course, skin could be pale relative to other blacks, etc.

In any case, it matters little; the story stands as it is.

alex994
Jan 05, 2007, 05:41 PM
Slavery is a barbaric practice beyond belief. The Gorinese state should be pulled down by the forces of righteousness! Slavery is an abomination to the Gods/One/various other religious entities.

OOC: This has been an IC/OOC statement by alex994 and Guangfei.

Kentharu
Jan 05, 2007, 05:46 PM
every nation practiced slavery in some way shape or form

Oruc
Jan 05, 2007, 05:49 PM
Not the Chinese(and people who are basically Chinese)! they don't take slaves, they just slaughter the defeated!

alex994
Jan 05, 2007, 05:53 PM
OOC: It may be news to you, but while slavery was practiced in name throughout the world, in a certain part of the world, certainly the most civilized of course, slavery was inefficient. ;) (Yes, I was joking)

And of course, if he was the son of a wealthy landowner, why would his family want to live in the crowded capital city of Gorin? The aristocracy and the upper class of the world and later the middle classes when they had enough money, until the invention of proper sanitation, preferred to live in the countryside. Why the city? :confused:

Kentharu
Jan 05, 2007, 05:56 PM
he was a business man, his business was the city

and massive forced labor is slavery. how do you think the great wall got there?

North King
Jan 05, 2007, 05:58 PM
OOC: Tellus (not Earth) is what matters, and the Merhai have never had, nor will ever have, slavery; they consider the practice immoral and barbaric. Just as they consider a certain nation that way, too... :mischief:

alex994
Jan 05, 2007, 06:08 PM
OOC: In Tellus (what matters), Guangfei has never had, and never will have, slavery as they consider the practice unfit for civilized peoples. The retainer system is preferred and a bit more practical as well. :p

Kentharu, massive forced labour is not exactly the same thing as implied by the slavery present in your story :p The slavery cited in your story is that the slave involved is owned by an individual or a household.

And do no one look at the smilie and white font anymore???People these days...

Thlayli
Jan 05, 2007, 06:57 PM
Veritas was the first nation on Tellus to ban slavery as I remember, under the reign of Autorex Strategius, during his reforms in the early 800's.

All the Zibonese slaves were emancipated, though it took another few centuries for them to gain political equality.

North King
Jan 05, 2007, 06:58 PM
Veritas was the first nation on Tellus to ban slavery as I remember, under the reign of Autorex Strategius, during his reforms in the early 800's.

We never had to ban slavery. :p

Thlayli
Jan 05, 2007, 07:00 PM
We never had to ban slavery. :p

Because a precedent for ending the practice had already been set by Veritas. :p

North King
Jan 05, 2007, 07:02 PM
Because a precedent for ending the practice had already been set by Veritas. :p

We had no slavery when Veritas was still an island whose most intelligent life was goats. :p

Thlayli
Jan 05, 2007, 07:03 PM
We had no slavery when Veritas was still an island whose most intelligent life was goats. :p

That seems odd, since Merhai seems to be a fairly recent political development, and Fairhelt can't be more than 2-3 centuries older. But hey, it's your history.

As for slavery, it was never practiced in Veritasan society until the Zibonese Conquest left a large population of black laborers just sitting around, and even then it didn't last long.

North King
Jan 05, 2007, 07:04 PM
That seems odd, since Merhai seems to be a fairly recent political development, and Fairhelt can't be more than 2-3 centuries older.

As for slavery, it was never practiced in Veritasan society until the Zibonese Conquest left a large population of black laborers just sitting around, and even then it didn't last long.

But the Merhai people have existed since some time in prehistory... and we never practiced slavery. You once did, therefore, we win. ;)

North King
Jan 05, 2007, 08:06 PM

Part One (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=4948164#post4948164)

And so the call went out the next day. It was among the rain and the first breath of spring that all of Kaliai was woken by the sound of a warhorn, and the tolling of the bells. The long, lowing sound of the horns echoed off of the mountainsides, and shook the town with their dark calls, while the clangor of the bells sent the city running. A century of riders flew out into the city streets, the hooves of their horses thundering down the streets, as they cried out:

“To arms! Free men of the Merhai, rise! To arms, to arms!”

The anthill was stirred, and men woke to the world for the first time in their lives: it was not so small as they had remembered. Hundreds poured out of the homes of the city, and made their way to the center: the great square, usually a marketplace of grandeur, was now filled with a thousand people, who crowded each other in their haste to give themselves sight of what was going on. The warhorns still called, and the bells answered.

Then all was still. The great General Darin, who had won many victories in the far east, stood before the crowd and bid them be silent, for the Great Council had decided upon a new course of action. Then he nodded to Falhir, who had stood silently through all of today thus far. But it had been decided that, as he had spoken to the Great Council, and convinced them of this course of action, it was his duty to call the summons, and his duty to encourage the Merhai to join their comrades in arms. It was time.

“Men of the Merhai! You have heard our summons, now hear the word of the Council!

“Over a century it has been since we have dabbled in the affairs of the south, and with good reason: they little concerned us. What did the follies of the Gorinese and Gerbers have to the people of the Merhai? What did they have to do with us? And it was a just policy, thus, we stayed out of their affairs, much as they stayed out of ours. But it cannot continue, and we must not let it continue! The ending days of this age are approaching, and we must march!

“The nation of Gorin has long been brooding ill plans in their lands, far to the south, but we knew little of them before now. They have killed hundreds of thousands of people, and to what purpose? To their own! They desire nothing less than the complete subjugation of the world, to put all nations under the dominion of their Kaiser, and their God, the evil Red Lady.

“Ten thousand curses have been cast upon us for not acting! They attacked our ally, our loyal and trusted friend, the valiant Lengels, and we did nothing. Why? It was cowardice that kept us out of these wars, and though some might call cowardice good sense, they do not know of what they speak, for cowardice is not good sense. For now, we have Gorin on our southern border; even now their armies are en route northward–ostensibly to crush the Lengel rebellion, but we will not be deceived. Their armies do not stop: they attack anyone whom they deem heathen, and we are in their path.

“But we will not wait! We will not stand and watch as the doom approaches. We will stand here, and fight! We will fight for the Freedom of all the world, for the Gorinese are without pity, and they will surely destroy all, if the free men do not stop them!

“They have raped and plundered and burned in the lands we were sworn to help protect, they have rampaged through these realms, destroying homes, salting fields, and selling the women and children into slavery! We will not let this happen further! The men of the Merhai are not weak, and we will not stand to see these lands enslaved by cruel masters such as these Gorinese!

“So I bid you, men of the Merhai, to stand with me, and fight the dark lands to the South! Let us fight, to protect those lands that still stand free! Who shall march with me!?”

The crowd roared back at him, indistinctly, but he could still tell that they were with him.

“Then to the Capitol of the City! There lie your arms! To war! To death!”

Forth free men valiant,
We know no fear
Our ends in glory
Draw ever near.
Forth free men brave and bold
With a shout!
Let foul men of evil go flying.

For though the south-lands
Be dread and harsh,
For though all evil
Be fierce and great,
The winds from the north
Shall sweep the plain,
And bring every
Evil to sunlight.

To death! To death!
We march with haste!
To death! To death!
We fear no fate!
To death! To death!
To glory or naught,
To their end, or ours
We go marching!

justokre
Jan 05, 2007, 08:12 PM
I'm ready to fight for Merhai!!

I mean... good job. I enjoyed reading it.

Oruc
Jan 05, 2007, 08:44 PM
Ugh, Self-righteousness I hate it.

jalapeno_dude
Jan 05, 2007, 08:55 PM
The Citadel has never used slavery!

Neither did the Eldranians, for that matter. We just killed them all. So I think we have Veritas beat in that regard. :p

Kentharu
Jan 06, 2007, 02:39 AM
gorin practices slavery, and they are damn proud of it :)

The Farow
Jan 06, 2007, 11:09 AM
Nice Stories NK

And you to Kentharu. This will definitely be an interesting update telling by the stories.

Oruc
Jan 06, 2007, 12:10 PM
Where the **** is the update, it's been like a month. It has to come before the Itnes update at least.

Lord_Iggy
Jan 06, 2007, 02:27 PM
I've explained why the update is delayed. I'm very busy throughout the holoidays.

Azash
Jan 06, 2007, 02:30 PM
Just look at Iggy's sig ;)

Kozmos
Jan 06, 2007, 02:43 PM
I would send orders if I could remember how.......it's been so long.

Lord_Iggy
Jan 06, 2007, 02:51 PM
I've done maybe 30% of the update.

Azash
Jan 06, 2007, 02:55 PM
That makes me ask for an ETA.

ETA?

Lord_Iggy
Jan 06, 2007, 03:06 PM
A week 'til I have the time to finish the update and get this NES working again. Hopefully get back to a 1 update a week plan.

That'll be a shock for your systems. :p

Azash
Jan 06, 2007, 04:16 PM
I even updated my avatar and title to accelerate the update.. har har. :p

~Darkening~
Jan 06, 2007, 10:24 PM
Jeez, I'm hoping Iggy isn't take orders sill or else everyone's screwed ;].

Telling all of your secrets isn' a good thing, you know?

Lord_Iggy
Jan 06, 2007, 11:57 PM
All the orders for the areas the stories are coming from have been received and in some cases partially updated. I won't let people use this knowledge unfairly, don't worry.

jalapeno_dude
Jan 07, 2007, 12:05 AM
All the orders for the areas the stories are coming from have been received and in some cases partially updated. I won't let people use this knowledge unfairly, don't worry.
So Iggy, did I get invaded?

Lord_Iggy
Jan 07, 2007, 12:26 AM
I'm afraid I can't say one way or another JD.

jalapeno_dude
Jan 07, 2007, 12:33 AM
I'm afraid I can't say one way or another JD.
You're no fun. :p

Silver Steak
Jan 07, 2007, 11:33 AM
On the contrary! He's saving the fun for later. ;)

~Darkening~
Jan 07, 2007, 02:30 PM
Nah.

Its just that everybody betrayed each other, thought the other side didn't know they were betraying them, only to learn that they were betrayed by the one who iniaited the betraying.

Yep, We already figured out Swiss blabbed his mouth. Just want Ken and Kal to know that it was Swiss's idea to start this whole thing in the first place- doesn't he make a great ally ;]?

Swissempire
Jan 07, 2007, 02:46 PM
Yep, We already figured out Swiss blabbed his mouth. Just want Ken and Kal to know that it was Swiss's idea to start this whole thing in the first place- doesn't he make a great ally ;]?

?

You must of course mean when you im'd me with a completely OOC alliance moments after the update was posted? The one where i ally with the Valins to destroy my allies?

I told Khemri about this, as i should have IC, and had loyalty and honor, too big Swade mantra's.

I'm not responsible for any other spreading of it beyond Kal, my ally, and I'm sorry that i refused to meta-game.

Loose lips sink ships:p

Cuivienen
Jan 07, 2007, 03:30 PM
It sounds like Guangfei invaded Swade and Myocaca anyway, so you're damned if you did and damned if you didn't.

Of course, I may be reading alex incorrectly.

Thlayli
Jan 07, 2007, 03:35 PM
?

You must of course mean when you im'd me with a completely OOC alliance moments after the update was posted? The one where i ally with the Valins to destroy my allies?

I told Khemri about this, as i should have IC, and had loyalty and honor, too big Swade mantra's.

I'm not responsible for any other spreading of it beyond Kal, my ally, and I'm sorry that i refused to meta-game.

Loose lips sink ships:p

Oh, really, Swiss? Because I've saved the PM where you approached ME about betraying Khemri, knowing full well that you'd try and rebetray me once I'd committed my support.

I'm not an idiot, you know. What worked in the Great War isn't going to work again.

Kal'thzar
Jan 07, 2007, 04:20 PM
Never fight the last war

Kentharu
Jan 07, 2007, 04:42 PM
i didn't betray anyone :( i feel so left out

and i wasn't even going to attack anyone this turn! *cries* you guys are so mean!!

alex994
Jan 07, 2007, 04:53 PM
It sounds like Guangfei invaded Swade and Myocaca anyway, so you're damned if you did and damned if you didn't.

Of course, I may be reading alex incorrectly.

IC: There are Bladeists outside of the Swade Ascendancy or Myocaca. However, if the Swades have declared themselves the rulers of those Bladeists, which are currently resisting the rightful occupation of the Guangfei Empire, the full weight of the Empire will fall down upon them. Thirty Thousand Han troops are ready with another One Hundred thousand to defend the Heartland and destroy the enemies of the Empire.

OOC: No, I did not attack the Bladeists. Whether or not I will in the future depends on the future of the politics in the oh so lovely city of Guanzhong ;) Pray ye mortals, that Prince Liu Ming fails or all hell shall break lose....

North King
Jan 07, 2007, 05:02 PM
i didn't betray anyone :( i feel so left out

and i wasn't even going to attack anyone this turn! *cries* you guys are so mean!!

Besides Lengels.

TerrisH
Jan 07, 2007, 05:03 PM
YaY, betrayla, conflict, Terror, fear, and incomptend Theocracys and monarchies!

Rejoining in the background iggy. sending some orders,

alex994
Jan 07, 2007, 05:05 PM
TerrisH, it would be wise not to post that and have that edited ;)

Thlayli
Jan 07, 2007, 05:12 PM
If any nation was worthy of genocide...

TerrisH
Jan 07, 2007, 05:12 PM
and how can they stop me? anything they do is likely to help my cause!
but edited anyways.

Kentharu
Jan 07, 2007, 05:26 PM
i didn't betray anyone this turn. I killed a bunch of people, i never said i wouldn't. I never said i wouldn't attack the True Lengel, infact i never said anything to the True Lengel. i just attacked them. I adopted the same philosophy as they had before they split. "If i don't have a NAP with them, then i can attack them if i want" isn't that right contempt?

Lord_Iggy
Jan 07, 2007, 05:27 PM
Sorry TerrisH, but sensitive information regarding your section has already been released. Also, I've already done your section. Orders can't be accepted.

North King
Jan 07, 2007, 05:30 PM
i didn't betray anyone this turn. I killed a bunch of people, i never said i wouldn't. I never said i wouldn't attack the True Lengel, infact i never said anything to the True Lengel. i just attacked them. I adopted the same philosophy as they had before they split. "If i don't have a NAP with them, then i can attack them if i want" isn't that right contempt?

Ahem. I was replying to the "attack" part. :rolleyes:

Besides which, you're betraying the morals of all of humanity.

Insane_Panda
Jan 07, 2007, 08:04 PM
I declare my intention to take Kalmar!

Also, I have been informed of this mod's preference for short, n00blish orders (:joke:). There will be none of that! ;)

Swissempire
Jan 07, 2007, 08:08 PM
Oh, really, Swiss? Because I've saved the PM where you approached ME about betraying Khemri, knowing full well that you'd try and rebetray me once I'd committed my support.

I'm not an idiot, you know. What worked in the Great War isn't going to work again.

That was after prodding from Khemri to find out where you were attacking from:p

I wouldn't have done anything if not directed to by my allies.

I have no regrets.

And Terris, I included a section in my orders about genociding your people even if they pop up in Myocaca(since there are exactly 0 left in the Ascendancy)

Lord_Iggy
Jan 07, 2007, 08:22 PM
Wow, lots of people joining. The pressure is on Iggy.

Welcome!

jalapeno_dude
Jan 07, 2007, 08:42 PM
Need...update...soon!

~Darkening~
Jan 07, 2007, 08:44 PM
Uh, swiss are you developing memory loss or something? I imed you an offer for peace- not an alliance. That was your idea. Don't try to shift the blame now.

You know where this all stemmed from? I do remember you saying last night that you got mad that I refused to leave Thy and join your side. Such jealousy :yup:. Nevertheless, the greastest part has yet to reveal itself :).

Gotta keep some things secret ;).

Kentharu
Jan 07, 2007, 08:48 PM
@NK what attack?

North King
Jan 07, 2007, 09:05 PM
@NK what attack?

Your attack against the Lengel people, who are merely defending themselves against your racist, evil raids on their homes and livelihood. You know that this debate won't go anywhere, right?

~Darkening~
Jan 07, 2007, 09:06 PM
Hmm......

Ken did you send the majority of your forces against me or Contempt?

(Iggy won't let anybody change orders, so don't worry. I'm just curious to know whether or not I'll be able to hold this thing out.)

Swissempire
Jan 07, 2007, 09:38 PM
Uh, swiss are you developing memory loss or something? I imed you an offer for peace- not an alliance. That was your idea. Don't try to shift the blame now.
Are you kidding? You offered an unreasonable peace, but tried to sweeten the deal by saying we would attack Khemri together and i would get x and compensation. Thats how i remeber the chat from like almost 4 weeks ago

You know where this all stemmed from? I do remember you saying last night that you got mad that I refused to leave Thy and join your side. Such jealousy :yup:. Nevertheless, the greastest part has yet to reveal itself :).

Gotta keep some things secret ;).
I got mad? Post the log. I seem to recall you coming in wicked pissed at me, me having to calm you down and say it was all IC(which you didn't seem to grasp, that it was a game and i wasn't betraying you personally), then i explained myself, saying if you hadn't allied with Thy, i wouldn't have had to betray you:)

LightFang
Jan 07, 2007, 09:46 PM
Oh no! This NES is tearing people's lives apart desu! Why can't we just be friends?! WHY?!

--

Good luck Iggy! The pressure's on you, but remember, there's no pressure at all...desu. :O

~Darkening~
Jan 07, 2007, 09:59 PM
Hehe. Really? I kinda remember it all differently. Wished I saved those conversations now.

Nevertheless, to cease the spam, we both know who did what. And I remember you offering the alliance- considering the fact that at the time I had barely fought Khermi- that included being compensated for New Veritas.

Puh-leeeeaze. Its a tatcic Swiss- Ken never sent me any info at all ;]. I wanted you to cop to betraying, so I came in 'mad' and saying that he did send me info. I don't get mad- its a waste of time. And yeah, I've already spoken about that last sentance.

It was actually NK who alluded me to the fact that something was amiss.

Swissempire
Jan 07, 2007, 10:01 PM
Its good your not mad then.

I regret nothing

~Darkening~
Jan 07, 2007, 10:03 PM
Neither will I :).

But for now, I'm just hoping to survive this turn with at least 1/2 of Davar.

You people do realize what we've just entered into, right?

Khemri and Gorin have virtually a hell to fight. They're both already extremely overextened, infrastructure undeveloped in parts, and lack our naval strenght (as of now). Yeah, they might have the strongest armies but you forget one thing- they'll have to conquor Azulia too because as long as part is occupied, I'll never sign peace. Not sure how long Thy's willing to carry this out.

We, on the other had, lack the funds and men that they possess- through we're much more condensed and have the key regions to keep us going. This war will be a bloody one for sure, through.

Thlayli
Jan 07, 2007, 10:14 PM
Not sure how long Thy's willing to carry this out.

As long as a Valin lives upon the earth.

The One stands upon the side of victory. Exile has purified the people of Veritas, so they return to liberate their homelands cleansed of sin.

Swissempire
Jan 07, 2007, 11:27 PM
As long as a Valin lives upon the earth.

That fits with my orders very nicely;)

Oruc
Jan 08, 2007, 02:59 AM
Ahem. I was replying to the "attack" part. :rolleyes:

Besides which, you're betraying the morals of all of humanity.

Why? why must you always be so self-righteous.
whats even worse is you use these morals of yours to ruthlessly expand your empire, luckily I never fall for it.

TerrisH
Jan 08, 2007, 03:06 AM
and the homeland is about to get sick. well, in a turn or two. Emor will never rise again. though I do plan to use it to.. well, you will see. hmm actually. an atempted genocid that 90% works just might do the trick!

swiss, Thlayli? could eather of you give it a shot?

Kentharu
Jan 08, 2007, 04:30 AM
i never attacked anyone this turn (the lengels do not count, they belong to me now i can do what i want with them)

i heard through kal that swiss said that Croyodon and Merhia were attacking me. even then i did not attack them per say, i left forces in key places incase they did attack. Like i said, i never attacked anyone, but if someone tries to cross my borders they will be met with a very large force of kill crap

If you attack me darken, i didn't have any knowledge of it, hence i did not prepare for it, also, i believed you and i really hope you haven't betrayed me as well.

Sheep
Jan 08, 2007, 05:41 AM
Due to overwhelming popularity of my new nes I cannot committ to this anymore.

My sincerest apologiese Iggy, hope I did not cause any problems for you by doing so.

erez87
Jan 08, 2007, 06:18 AM
I show interest in joining as the Aneyans... but peacfuly...

from the Aneyans
to Gorinnes empire:
We have been friends in the far past. Our peolpe have been controlled by other empires ever since the Aldarians destroied our homelands. Will Gorin see fit to allow the Aneyans to build a free city over the ancient site of Tigot?

jalapeno_dude
Jan 08, 2007, 07:38 AM
To: Aneyans

We will assist you with the refoundation of Tigot, to atone for the sins of the Eldranians of old.

erez87
Jan 08, 2007, 08:30 AM
to the Citadel:
We thank you, but first we must wait for the Gorinnes government approval. Without the whole idea is null and void. There are far too few Aneyans to wage a war for freedom.

jalapeno_dude
Jan 08, 2007, 08:33 AM
To: Aneyans

That is, of course, understood. The Citadel does not fight wars of aggression.

Kozmos
Jan 08, 2007, 10:37 AM
Puh-leeeeaze

Monkey island eh? Anyway I dont have a clue what's going on. Whatever you did Thy there better be some burnin, killin and maiming.

Lord_Iggy
Jan 08, 2007, 12:11 PM
My sincerest apologiese Iggy, hope I did not cause any problems for you by doing so.No problem Sheep, I totally understand.

Hmm... it's like the return of the Jews to Israel. Only they have a different religion, are really tall, and albino. :p

For reference, pure Aneyan population is around 30, diluted but still recognizably Aneyan population is around 2500.

Azash
Jan 08, 2007, 12:34 PM
iggy, the only way you erode the human soul is by not finishing the update soon :p

Lord_Iggy
Jan 08, 2007, 12:46 PM
That was just a quote from Sym, who was quoting Penny Arcade.

Wubba360
Jan 08, 2007, 02:35 PM
Its good your not mad then.

I regret nothing

its a good thing you did not turn on our allies chip, because then I do not know if my people have the will to walk down the path of darkness alongside treacherous valin oneists who constantly only plot treachury and doom.

North King
Jan 08, 2007, 03:14 PM
i never attacked anyone this turn (the lengels do not count, they belong to me now i can do what i want with them)

No, that BS won't cut it, sorry. Just because you're genociding people inside your own borders, who happened to be my allies, does not mean that no one's going to do anything about it.

i heard through kal that swiss said that Croyodon and Merhia were attacking me. even then i did not attack them per say, i left forces in key places incase they did attack. Like i said, i never attacked anyone, but if someone tries to cross my borders they will be met with a very large force of kill crap

Yeah, with a massive rebellion behind the front lines? Nice try. ;) In any case, while I counted on the rebellion diverting some of your forces, it's not essential.

If you attack me darken, i didn't have any knowledge of it, hence i did not prepare for it, also, i believed you and i really hope you haven't betrayed me as well.

Betrayed you "as well"? Who else betrayed you? You think I betrayed you? Because I'm fighting a moral and just war against your barbaric, savage empire, which attacked my ally, and now thinks that they can just savagely wipe out a race that was my stalwart ally right on my southern border, without me realizing that you're trying to build an empire, and that I'm the next target? Sure, you might not even have realized it yourself, but you're a fanatical Masra Crystalist, you've been building a massive nation for the past three turns, and I'm a "heathen" nation right in your path. While you can't read the signs, I sure as heck can, and I'm not going to stand for it.

OK, I'm done with the OOC, even though it's all pretty much the same as it would be IC. :p

Wubba360
Jan 08, 2007, 03:19 PM
Rogal Dornian stood upon the shore of his homeland. He had been a general for a long time. He had been a msan of minimal wealth and only just made it into school. He had been regarded as a weakling his whole life.

But he had never given in. His determination was what set him apart from his peers. All those years working in the kitchens of Diliculo. All those hours cattering to the will of the bloated drunks.

He had studied war his whole life. He review endlessly the tactics employed as far back as the time of Eldrania. He scoured texts of lengel ways of war and that of the ramids used against his own people. He review tirelessly the pictures and battle memos of Necropolis. He reviewed the entire city of Helmthorn. Although many thought impenetrable, Regal made sure to review every crack every niche that could perhaps allow the enemy to overflow the plaza.

Regal was almost seen as endowed with the heart of the Grand King. His majesty's foresight and enlightenment. He was a saint to the people of Myocaca. In Swade he was famous for his will at the battles fought in the forests of Sanctus Tutela and his expeditions that had haulted lengel control of the River Blade, which would have in effect crushed the backbone of the past force of Myocaca.

Regal recalled the day when the King died. The day all Bladeists morned. From Swade, to the most southern outreach of bladeists. It had been at sunset. The King had lain in bed. Hardly able to speak. A letter arrived.

The King read. He had smiled. "It was bound to happen, those warriors could not be banished. Pride is to much for them. To think I have seen them fall and rise once more from the ashes."

The King drew His Regal and the King's son, Thranduil, "My sons. Darkness grows near. The forces around us are in motion. I am to weak now to fight them. You must work towards it. I know not where they will come, by sea or by land. Be wary, brothers may turn one eachother. Regal you must watch over these lands like they were your own. You must stir the fires of passion in them once more. I can see it in you. Only you can prevent the future. Be strong my young general to be. My son, you must be to the people as the people are to you. Honor them, love them. I care not for what else you desire, with out the people to follow you, you will be nothing. Do not falter, I beg you."

The king fell into a deep sleep afterwards. That night when Regal was up watching the sunrise. "Beautiful isn't it?"

Regal jumped shocked the King was awake. "Sir you need rest please."

"No, I will no longer be cradled, no longer made out as an old man. It is time that I finally meet the Blademaster. He will set judgment unto me. I will not be any king if I cannot wake at a decent hour. Come Regal, I must tell you something."

Regal walked up to the King and sat in the chair beside him. "Regal, you must know my son's temper. It can be unpredictable. Do you not recall when my son died, the anguish we all endured, but he most of all endured the greatest pain. When I could not execute a man who had no crime but not jumping in front of the carriage that crushed my son. Do you know what my grandson did. He had his bodyguards ordered to find the man and kill the man. I think they killed four before finding the right guy. I had hell trying to fix that. But that child, I see anger and ambition in them. But I do not know what type, if it is so chaotic it cannot be tamed. You must keep watch over him, although you are 10 years his junior you have more coolness to you than anyone. Watch him closely, he is a good boy, do not let him follow are tainted path. You are worthy, I heard how you delt with the rebels and Candolin fields. You had but 75 cavalry men, but you were able to whole up and hold the mob off for 30 hours before aid arrived."

"I lost 49 good men in that mission, but that time sir is greatly over exaggerated."

"So it is" The king smiled. Suddenly he began to cough, blood began rolling down his chest. As the apothecaries came in Regal watched as the King died.

The funeral had been grand. In the harbor of Venustas the King was drifted across the water to his tomb. Adorned with great finery he was put to rest with his father and ancestor's restored tombs.

Regal flinched at the thought. He had been promoted by the new King to War General of the Myocaca ground forces. He had received rumors of invasion. None confirmed yet, but he was soon placing armies on red alert so that in a moments notice they could pick up and move to front lines.

Regal watched the waves as they crashed upon his fortress. He looked at the red sunset. He wondered if he could see war ships on the horizon. As the wind blew fiercely across the shore and the clouds rumbled overhead, he felt no rain.

Regal smiled to himself as he looked across the landscape. "Today is a good day to die." The General walked away in his white shining armor. His legion waited for his arrival. His cape billowed in the wind. The General was a determined man, his red hair defined him in the country. The fire lion they called him. No one could predict what was going to happen.

Swissempire
Jan 08, 2007, 03:51 PM
Good story Wubba

Kentharu
Jan 08, 2007, 04:31 PM
could you tell me where tigot is and stuff. I dont remember the Aneyans at all, sorry. but im willing to let you do so once you tell they are and stuff. i may help build it or just pay for it out right

Lord_Iggy
Jan 08, 2007, 05:39 PM
They're the green nation on the first turn map.

~Darkening~
Jan 08, 2007, 08:36 PM
Wubba, I'd love for you to say that agian to Swiss. I wnat to laugh as much as I did when you pmed me your response to our.....'talk'.

I'm wondering if you cowarded out too, now.

Sorry Emu, but I have to agree with NK on this one- We've already discussed it and we've bothed pledged to take the bare minimum of land (if, in the extremely tiny chance that we win, will be limited to Gorin kerans for me and a small wedge of land for him.) And Thy won't be getting all that he wants either- this war is very goal-orienated.

Sorry Ken, but I'm afraid its true. I just can't find Gorin an acceptable neighbor in this NES. But, like you said, I'm not really betraying you- just Gorin, who's not that strong of an ally.

Iggy, if his commanders suddenly receive new orders, I request the same privelage- he's already admitted to not know and having already sent orders. Either he really didn't or he's just leading me on.

Whatever you did Thy there better be some burnin, killin and maiming.

Well, I arranged a larghe alliance ranging from Merhai to *sensored* to *sensored*, including Swade and Myocaca to arrange a greater balance of power, but we were betrayed and now who knows whats going on.

Really, in my origional plans I saw a balance of Khemri and Gorin (reduced size) vs. Veritas (any maybe Ardan if the situation merited it) vs the Bladiests. But now they've blown that and they'll end up like the others (hopefully).

Lord_Iggy
Jan 08, 2007, 09:01 PM
Don't worry, I'm not accepting any new orders that affect the war.

I'm accepting stories, however.

Kentharu
Jan 08, 2007, 09:09 PM
darken, you are such a bastard... but in a goodish way :p

alex994
Jan 08, 2007, 09:11 PM
*cough* *cough*

Does everyone just ignore Han Guangfei? We're a powerbloc too! :cry: We want IN on the Balance of Power!!!

jalapeno_dude
Jan 08, 2007, 09:11 PM
A Beautiful Story!!!11!

Once, there were the Eldranians. They liked to kill things. But then the Valins killed them. Then, there were the Citadelers. They were whiny and pacifist. This annoyed the Vegetable Overlords. So, they rebelled against jalapeno_dude, smuggled a few million micro-black hole bombs to the Citadel, and told them they were "magic peace spheres". Then, the world imploded. It was exciting. Yay!

THE END!!!11!!

OOC: :p

Kentharu
Jan 08, 2007, 09:13 PM
From the Lord Kaiser
to the remaining Anyegot (or... whatever they are called)

You may have your free city so long as you abid by the Kaiser's law (except for conscription)

~Darkening~
Jan 08, 2007, 09:15 PM
Guangfei is a random power that will do as it wishes as it has always done- kill Valins and just about everyone else.

darken, you are such a bastard... but in a goodish way

Took you that long to realize that :). Btw, I also had an apocolyptic story but since Swiss screwed me up, I'll have to chance it. ZAnd to think I was actually being nice to bladiests for once.

Cuivienen
Jan 08, 2007, 09:17 PM
*cough* *cough*

Does everyone just ignore Han Guangfei? We're a powerbloc too! :cry: We want IN on the Balance of Power!!!

Maybe if you actually involved yourself in others' affairs, they would involve you in theirs. As a lone power that refuses anything more than happening to fight on the same side, you don't leave any room at all for anyone to trust you. Guangfei (and most of your nations in the past) are seen as entirely unworthy of trust because you remain too aloof from others' affairs and flat-out refuse to help anyone.

Kentharu
Jan 08, 2007, 09:17 PM
i dont understand how you aren't betraying me by attacking me? you said you wouldn't for one... that constitutes betrayal. ha pwned oh evil one lol

jalapeno_dude
Jan 08, 2007, 09:18 PM
Darkening, SEND JALNES ORDERS DAMMIT!!!!!

No comments on my story? :mischief:

~Darkening~
Jan 08, 2007, 09:21 PM
I'M TRYIND DAMNIT BUT I CAN'T GET INTO IT. I DON'T SEE WHY YOU DON'T JUST NPC ME THE WAY YOU DID LB! JUST KILL SOME BLOODY IRISH!

Okay, thats over.

Maybe if you actually involved yourself in others' affairs, they would involve you in theirs. As a lone power that refuses anything more than happening to fight on the same side, you don't leave any room at all for anyone to trust you. Guangfei (and most of your nations in the past) are seen as entirely unworthy of trust because you remain too aloof from others' affairs and flat-out refuse to help anyone.

You know, I love it when aloof people try to attack other aloof people for their own policies :). Does anybody actually know whats really going on?

And no, Guangfei isn't one of those secret nations I mentioned.

i dont understand how you aren't betraying me by attacking me? you said you wouldn't for one... that constitutes betrayal. ha pwned oh evil one lol

I admitted to betraying Gorin ;].

LightFang
Jan 08, 2007, 09:44 PM
Balance of Power is so 17th and 18th century desu!

In light of jalapeno's beautiful story, I shall write one as well.

Story desu!

In a world...in places...with people...in these places...in a time...in that place...with those people...where things happened...something...is going to happen...to those people...in those places...in that time...in this world!

There once was a group of people who inhabited Svitzerland. They were terribly oppressed. One day a man named Priest Azlan said "You know what? Screw this."

He took his people south and named his kingdom Aryie. He had no idea what he was doing. In fact, it would only come to him on his deathbed that maybe Aryie wasn't the best name. Aryiens looks kind of like Aryans.

His successors didn't know what they were doing either. Some of them had greater aspirations. However, an annoying teenager voice of about 15 always told them to be content with what they had. Apparently this teen dude was content with building a little peaceful country. Maybe it was his own sick twisted vision of utopia, one where their country didn't spread out far and wide.

In any case, Aryie remains blissfully neutral and unimportant. And so the story closes, with no real conflict, nor a real point.

So: Can we properly call this a story? ooOooO!

LittleBoots
Jan 08, 2007, 09:58 PM
Darkening, SEND JALNES ORDERS DAMMIT!!!!!

No comments on my story? :mischief:

Jal, quit being lazy and NPC him or we will both destroy your brains with a death ray.

As for LINESII... I'm just glad I'm a tropical paradise. :p

erez87
Jan 08, 2007, 10:17 PM
to Kaiser of Gorin:
The Aneyans thank you. We only ask for help to move to the area of ancient Tigot as we cannot move by day light... Since our first appearance our weakness to sun light have grew much...

Lord_Iggy
Jan 08, 2007, 11:22 PM
As for LINESII... I'm just glad I'm a tropical paradise.
Actually, temperate.

Great stories guys! I found them hilarious. A good look into how you OOC see your countries.

NOTES TO SELF: Send FarowNES02 and NukeNES orders tomorrow. Write stories for INES Ib.

alex994
Jan 09, 2007, 08:13 AM

So you think ;) I prefer to think of myself as the one who will tip the Balance of Power :D I demand that Emperor Shun be remembered as the Richelieu of this current conflict! :p

Luckymoose
Jan 09, 2007, 08:20 AM
So who is playing Khemri?

Lord_Iggy
Jan 09, 2007, 08:29 AM
Kal, but I think he's planning to quit soon.

Luckymoose
Jan 09, 2007, 08:30 AM
Kal, but I think he's planning to quit soon.

Just curious as I had an offer to play as it from him.

Lord_Iggy
Jan 09, 2007, 08:30 AM
If you think you're up to it...

Silver Steak
Jan 09, 2007, 08:44 AM
For the record, I am more the totally isolated nation than any of you. ;)

Kal'thzar
Jan 09, 2007, 10:09 AM
Indeed I did offer Lucky Khemri, I am bored of them :p I'm unsure wether I want to continue playing or not, I may start some other nation, maybe.

Symphony D.
Jan 09, 2007, 10:16 AM
You know, I love it when aloof people try to attack other aloof people for their own policies.
Decloak:Although I would agree that Cui is generally more or less a pacifist (though I was very impressed with her routing of das in a Jason game awhile back) her analysis of alex is completely correct. His repeated self-referential euphemisms for "sneaky opportunist" don't really help his case either. ;)

Iggy! How long until gunpowder? :p

Cuivienen
Jan 09, 2007, 10:21 AM
You know, I love it when aloof people try to attack other aloof people for their own policies :). Does anybody actually know whats really going on?

Kelios is barely even aware that there are wars going on right now. Maybe if you guys paid some attention to Azulia, but you don't.

Decloak:Although I would agree that Cui is generally more or less a pacifist (though I was very impressed with her routing of das in a Jason game awhile back) her analysis of alex is completely correct. His repeated self-referential euphemisms for "sneaky opportunist" don't really help his case either. ;)

Iggy! How long until gunpowder? :p

I think that was a North King NES (Armenia v Syria, right?). I had an economic advantage most of the time, and more allies than das. It wasn't exactly a fair fight.

North King
Jan 09, 2007, 02:17 PM
For the record, I am more the totally isolated nation than any of you. ;)

Well, now you are. A few hundred years ago, the Merhai didn't even have an outsider come to their lands preaching a new religion, they literally considered the Merhai Valley to be the entire world (across the mountains was some otherworldly place).

alex994
Jan 09, 2007, 04:32 PM
Decloak: her analysis of alex is completely correct. His repeated self-referential euphemisms for "sneaky opportunist" don't really help his case either. ;)

If that was true, why aren't my armies marching yet eh? ;)

Kentharu
Jan 09, 2007, 04:35 PM
update status?

Lord_Iggy
Jan 09, 2007, 05:19 PM
Whew. Crazy day. Earthquake in the morning made me spill my cereal, near-blizzard during the day (-49 C Wind Chill), and now I'm thawing out my eyelashes.

(they freeze together, for those of you who haven't had the wonderful experience before :p)

Iggy! How long until gunpowder?Who knows?

Update status... well, my schedule has almost literally gone insane. I'm trudging along, but I seldom have time at the moment.

Added to the fact that I'm currently not on my updating computer anyway.

alex994
Jan 09, 2007, 05:24 PM
Iggy! Tell me that those mean people (cuiv and symphony) are saying isn't true about me being a sneaky opportunists! ;)

Lord_Iggy
Jan 09, 2007, 05:30 PM
You're an opportunist, and sneaky to boot.

Xi Shi was a pretty underhanded move. Just didn't want to have a straight-up fight with Shangei huh?

alex994
Jan 09, 2007, 05:31 PM
I did have a straight-up fight with Shangei! The whole one turn affair thing?

EDIT: And that was only ONE TIME!!! :(

EDIT2: No, this is not an attempt by me to lower people's opinions about me either :p

Kal'thzar
Jan 09, 2007, 05:32 PM
Xi Shi was a pretty underhanded move. Just didn't want to have a straight-up fight with Shangei huh?

it was a rip off :p
You know it, I know it, He sure as hell knows it.

Pretty standard fare really.

Oruc
Jan 09, 2007, 06:01 PM
Xi Shi? Was it a woman seducing a general and killing him? he did that to contempt once. If I ever fight Alex I would have to make sure that my generals know to use bondage on the women they bed.

North King
Jan 09, 2007, 06:27 PM
It was seducing a general and stealing the warplans... Well, actually, he's had spies do both before. :D

~Darkening~
Jan 09, 2007, 08:59 PM
Heh- that comment about Alex went over so many heads. Do you people honestly believe that I wouldn't take advantage of every single resource I have against them?

In Alex's defence, I kinda see the whole 'sneaky opportunist' as a compliment- thats what I kinda strive for. Despite what many of you know, thats how I've been playing all along. I never really had any plan to escalate thyis whole thing, but Ken presented it so I took it.

Really!

See, he wrote about the Lengal genocide, promting Contempt to begin a rebellion. I realized the potential of bringing Gorin down, so I offered Contempt an alliance. After that, I brought NK and (allegededly) the bladiests into it. Thy was actually the last person to realize what was going on.

If that was true, why aren't my armies marching yet eh?

Only because I haven't blabbed it yet that both you attacked the bladiests and they attacked you.

Thlayli
Jan 09, 2007, 09:04 PM
Thy was actually the last person to realize what was going on.

In the north, yes. Though it really was a bad idea to trust the Bladeists; I never had a moment of doubt that they would betray us.

~Darkening~
Jan 09, 2007, 09:07 PM
In the north, yes. Though it really was a bad idea to trust the Bladeists; I never had a moment of doubt that they would betray us.

I always had a security plan, of course, but I'm not sure whether or not Ken's lying- I still believe he knew about my plan. And I meant I came to you last with the alliance.

Thlayli
Jan 09, 2007, 09:09 PM
I always had a security plan, of course, but I'm not sure whether or not Ken's lying- I still believe he knew about my plan. And I meant I came to you last with the alliance.

That's true. Logically, if you told the Bladeists that you would attack Gorin, Swiss would tell Kal, and Kal would tell Kentharu.

~Darkening~
Jan 09, 2007, 09:17 PM
Well, I'm not sure if I mentioned attacking Gorin to Swiss. I might have kept that to myself and only told him that we were attacking Khermi.

Awesome.

A new world order shall begin soon! (hopefully).

Swissempire
Jan 09, 2007, 09:40 PM
A new world order shall begin soon!
One without Oneists

~Darkening~
Jan 09, 2007, 10:00 PM
One without Oneists

Or Bladiests.

alex994
Jan 09, 2007, 11:22 PM
In Alex's defence, I kinda see the whole 'sneaky opportunist' as a compliment- thats what I kinda strive for. Despite what many of you know, thats how I've been playing all along.

OOC: With all due respect, you're hardly a "sneaky opportunists" as you play your hand too quickly and to be blunt, you're too active and noticed in the various neses you're in. ;) I'm not noticed that much, though to be honest I usually don't do anything but sit around increasing my economy and forces preparing to defend my nation :(

Well, I'm not sure if I mentioned attacking Gorin to Swiss. I might have kept that to myself and only told him that we were attacking Khermi.

Actually you did mention attacking Gorin to swiss. Don't ask how I know :p

I will join on the side of whoever will pay me 15 eco points in one payment;)

LightFang
Jan 09, 2007, 11:43 PM
Obviously the world order will be ruled by Aryiens, not to be confused with Aryans.

--

See, I'm the toughest card to read, because I'm a newcomer and so nobody can look at past records. The downside of it is that I'll be terribly inefficient because I'm still getting used to the game, but still, the "wild card" thing has got to mean something...right?

Hmm, Balance of Power politics...

~Darkening~
Jan 10, 2007, 05:00 AM
OOC: With all due respect, you're hardly a "sneaky opportunists" as you play your hand too quickly and to be blunt, you're too active and noticed in the various neses you're in. I'm not noticed that much, though to be honest I usually don't do anything but sit around increasing my economy and forces preparing to defend my nation

Hah. Seriously- hah.

Haven't you been paying attention? Lets see, in Jalnes I sent Wessex's forces to fight for Eirehann, only to turn around and take them out the second they were gone. I nearly got an entire world war to start in Icimaniman (whoever its spelled) last NES before he closed it, and I managed to every get Panda talking about peace in The Last Sembalance of Order after attacking him- had the others not fallen apart that last turn, I might have even have had gotten it. Just because I act one way with you Alex doesn't really mean anything other than that I use a different startegy with you. The fact that I've ever managed to unite and hold onto Davar while fighting Khermi- attacking his greatest ally right under ken's nose- is something if you haven't noticed.

Actually you did mention attacking Gorin to swiss. Don't ask how I know

That you were talking to him at the same time I was? You don't remember us fighting about who was trying to play him?

See, I'm the toughest card to read, because I'm a newcomer and so nobody can look at past records. The downside of it is that I'll be terribly inefficient because I'm still getting used to the game, but still, the "wild card" thing has got to mean something...right?

Hmm, Balance of Power politics...

I hate to quash your dreams, but not really. You're argueably one of the easiests to predict- one of three. You'll either side with the bladiests- since they're the only one present in your area right now and you don't want to upset Swiss right now since he'll kill you, you'll appeal to alex's do-gooder sense of mind and attempt to get him to protect you and avoid Swiss (unlikely since you're a sizeable bladiest population, or you'll sit there and do nothing like a good little person.

Anyways, the Balance of Power went out the window the minute Swiss starting hatching his little plan.

Symphony D.
Jan 10, 2007, 06:34 AM
In Alex's defence, I kinda see the whole 'sneaky opportunist' as a compliment- thats what I kinda strive for. Despite what many of you know, thats how I've been playing all along.
Decloak:Yeah, except much like the stereotypical supervillain, you drone on and on about how sneaky you are and how awesome your plans are in a most annoying way. :p Evil plans are best never mentioned at all, period; nor is anything else, for that matter...

And the hardest to read people are the ones who never say a damn word; you, LightFang, most certainly do not qualify for that description. :p

Lord_Iggy
Jan 10, 2007, 07:41 AM
Okay, I've been deluding myself for too long.

To be frank, my schedule has gone downright insane. Speed Skating Camps, Music Theory, RCM Grade 8 Examinations, Senior All-City Concert Band, and heavy schoolwork- I can't update at this time.

For that matter, I will have to drop out of several NESes. I have proudly maintained that I have never quit an NES, but the time has come.

My schedule will calm down after the Canada Winter Games, (Late February) but until then I cannot possibly hope to get in enough time for an update.

But I swear to you! This NES will resume once I have defeated the forces of schedule clutter! I swear it!

Azash
Jan 10, 2007, 08:05 AM
[party] :hatsoff:

Or something.

Thlayli
Jan 10, 2007, 09:10 AM
I'm fully behind you, Iggy.

(Don't quit my NES though.) ;)

jalapeno_dude
Jan 10, 2007, 11:35 AM
Hey. Maybe I'll be able to update before you at this rate! :p

I'll be there when this starts again.

Kentharu
Jan 10, 2007, 02:09 PM
we await your return oh great one

alex994
Jan 10, 2007, 04:20 PM
you'll appeal to alex's do-gooder sense of mind and attempt to get him to protect you and avoid Swiss (unlikely since you're a sizeable bladiest population, or you'll sit there and do nothing like a good little person.

My do-gooder sense of mind? I told you! IC wise I am not idealistic! :p

Iggy, I understand. Any chance Late February includes the 27th (which is my birthday.) The update as a birthday present would be great :D

EDIT: And so what if Aryie is mostly BLadiests? I would also like to state that you darkening, have no sense of history ;) Religion doesn't dominate politics everywhere in Tellus nor did it did in OTL even if the self-proclaimed Republics of Veritas and Ardan show otherwise :p

LightFang
Jan 10, 2007, 04:53 PM
Yeah, Alex is right. I may, in fact, be a politique! :O!

Okay, so maybe in this moment in time I have three choices: Side A, Side B, middle path. But...I was talking about things as a whole. As in, like, do I like to be a sneaky backstabber, etc. etc. :P

--

It's okay, Iggy, I shall wait patiently! Or wait. Yeah, just wait.

Swissempire
Jan 10, 2007, 05:07 PM
Late Feb you say?

*turns to Warmaster of the Swade Armies*

Operation: Story Blitz is a GO GO GO!

North King
Jan 10, 2007, 05:43 PM
No, Iggy, early February is my birthday. :(

;)

I will wait.

LittleBoots
Jan 10, 2007, 05:46 PM
Well, the 28th is my birthday and the 29th is my sister's birthday (not that that's relevant), so it would be happiness all around Iggy. Not to pressure you or anything.

Cuivienen
Jan 10, 2007, 06:47 PM
Well, the 28th is my birthday and the 29th is my sister's birthday (not that that's relevant), so it would be happiness all around Iggy. Not to pressure you or anything.

Your sister is a Leap Year baby?

I completely understand, Iggy. Good luck in the Canada Games! Don't forget about this entirely ;)

Lord_Iggy
Jan 10, 2007, 08:03 PM
Don't be ridiculous! How could I possibly forget this? It's been a cornerstone of my E-life for almost a year.

And if I can get some homework done, I may even be able to get in an update sooner. No promises though.

Thanks for the support!

LittleBoots
Jan 10, 2007, 08:22 PM
Your sister is a Leap Year baby?

And I almost was too

Lord_Iggy
Jan 10, 2007, 08:23 PM
That would have been quite a rare situation.

~Darkening~
Jan 10, 2007, 10:10 PM
:rolleyes:

Nobody seems to get the point of lying to everybody these days.

Religion doesn't dominate politics everywhere in Tellus nor did it did in OTL even if the self-proclaimed Republics of Veritas and Ardan show otherwise

Sorry? Come again? First off, religion has dominated much of Tellus since written history. Eldrania, Veritas, and Gorin/Shalamari all played up their religion to a certain point (an extreme in Eldrania's case.) Second off, religion doens't dominate politics in UoA- to the contrary, the only place where religion is prevelant is Arcadia- which is roughly 40% of the pop. You forget that I have one of the most diverse populations of all- I have Eldists, Tengrists, Pirian, Duality, and Orthodox all living within my borders and I haven't done a thing to change that.

I would also like to state that you darkening, have no sense of history

Appearenlty you have no sense of anything outside China :rolleyes:. While China might not have been that big on religion, everywhere else religion was a key influence. In fact, I think most of you forget how much of a role it played in human development. Just about every culture throughout history has had its beliefs- the Aztecs, hebrews, Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Greeks, Egyptians. You're telling me religion didn't dominate history?

You seem to be forgetting the Crusades, the Islamic conquests, The Spanish Inquististion, and every other war started in the name of some god. Did you forget the fact that the Aztecs worshipped their gods b y battles and that isreal fought several wars to claim "the holy land" in its early years (Philistines, cannites and all the other little groups.)

Now, I want to hear you say that you don't know what you're talking about. I actually do know a little on this subject you chinese-wannabe ;).

Oh yeah, did you know China has the largest number of female suicides in the world? Yep. Take that.

alex994
Jan 11, 2007, 12:09 AM
Darkening, you must be loosing your touch. First you used the word intolerable instead of intolerant and now you obviously missed the word "everywhere" in my statement :p And that the second statement was tied to the first statement in that not everywhere was dominated by religion in either Tellus or OTL ;) The fact that China has the largest population in the world could have something to do about the suicide numbers no? Though the rate is by itself unnaturally high as shown by surveys...

EDIT: That is according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

EDIT2: Of course, after rereading your post I must say that your beliefs that wars were actually started over religion is a sheer understatement. Most religious wars have more pratical reasons after all. The Crusaders weren't just on the crusade for religion, but for economic gain. I'm not as knowledgeable on the Islamic Conquests but it was expansion for more then religion's sake. nd the Spanish Inquisition wasn't a war mind you ;) And religion "dominating" history doesn't mean it completely dominates politics as stated in the first statement....

Out of respect for iggy, I will cease posting posts which are either useless and/or discuss the update. I will maintain posting stories when they are finished of course. I still have yet to finish the intrigue so it may be something you can look forward to iggy :D No, the end result is not written in stone...

Silver Steak
Jan 12, 2007, 08:26 AM
Late feb... one could start a NES and have it running good in that time... Will wait still. It's not like I'm going to miss any action. :p

EDIT: Although I'm very anxious to know the outcome of the great war, of course. :D

Thlayli
Jan 12, 2007, 09:15 AM
EDIT2: Of course, after rereading your post I must say that your beliefs that wars were actually started over religion is a sheer understatement. Most religious wars have more pratical reasons after all. The Crusaders weren't just on the crusade for religion, but for economic gain. I'm not as knowledgeable on the Islamic Conquests but it was expansion for more then religion's sake. nd the Spanish Inquisition wasn't a war mind you ;) And religion "dominating" history doesn't mean it completely dominates politics as stated in the first statement....

Uh, regardless of ulterior motives, religion was the primary cause.

Even so, arguing about OTL history in an alternate universe seems kind of silly, no?

Kentharu
Jan 14, 2007, 01:15 AM
Journal of Basu

First, they broke me. They grabbed me by my hair, and threw me in a cell with barely enough from for me to lie down. No windows. No light. An iron door 3 feet thick groaned to a terrifying close behind me. And I was left there, in the dark. Alone. Cold.

I was given food every 2 days. I did not know how long I was in there. It is different for every one of us but for me it felt like a life time. The food itself was nothing to brag about. It was gruel not even fit for a dog.

I remember when he opened the door to my cell. The light pierced my eyes like hot knives. I cringed. I cowered. All I could see was his silhouette, massive. He could hardly fit in the door. Perhaps that is why he did not enter. Or perhaps it was the stench.

“You are no longer the son of a rich man Basu, you are a Bajo Oni” I did not reply

“Get up” I rose. “It is time for your bath, you will bath twice a day from now on” His nose wrinkled when I walked past him “You smell terrible”

I did.

The water was cold. It shocked my body. I almost dropped to my knees when they threw it on me. Almost. He gave me a brush to scrub myself. To scrub the stench of my old life away. I rubbed my skin raw. I scrubbed until I cried. I wanted to forget. I wanted many things, but now I would never really get what I wanted. When I came from the shower I was given a fine shirt made of silk and pants to go with it. They were soft. They felt good on my skin.

“You will only have one good shirt and pants, everything else you shall were will be made of metal, understand?” I nodded

“Why do you not speak young Basu?” he said with a little smirk “Are you afraid”

I shook my head.

“I am Reshu Vertski, I will be your trainer” I nodded

“Go, sleep now, tomorrow begins your training” he pointed to a small hut made of mud. More of a hovel in my opinion. It was located next to Reshu’s cabin. It was only then did I realize that there was no one else here. We were in the woods. Completely alone. “We start with swords” with that he turned and went to his cabin.

When I entered my new home I immediately remembered Ulbane. Something inside of me twisted the knife of sorrow. The knife of my memories. It came slicing through me with cold hard vengeance. I remembered that I needed to breath to live. I breathed. I sank to the floor. Dirt. My little hovel floor. And I slept. And I dreamnt of my Ul.

A cold splash of water woke me abruptly from my dreams. I squinted and shielded my eyes from the light. Yet again his figure was but a silhouette. Just a figure of massive proportions glowering down at me as I huddled myself together on the ground.

“Time for training, get up” He left. I got up, stretched, yawned. I felt better. I felt worse. Hence I felt nothing. I went out “You will get up at dawn from on, if you do not, it will be a harsher wake up call than water.

“You will wear full armor in your training. You must get used to it”

The first day, I broke my leg and my arm. We trained every day. For 6 years all I knew was thus. Each year we trained with a different weapon. First the sword, then the mace, then the axe, then the bow, then the spear, then the horse. I never had a break, except sleep and meals. At the end I was given 4 months to roam as I pleased.

“You’re training with me is done now Basu” I could hear a tint of sorrow in his voice “You may roam where ever you please for 1 year. But at the end of that 4 months you must return to Gorin and go to the Lord Kaiser’s Arun (palace) they will be expecting you. If you are not there by exactly 1 year, you will be killed. Go now. Be free for the time you have”

He turned and began to walk back to his cabin. He stopped and glanced over his shoulder at me.

“A word of advise Basu. Do not look for him” I stared at him. For a moment we both were still. But time, as it was, moved on. And he continued to walk back to his cabin. How did he know? That is what I wondered. It seemed that everyone knew me except me.

I had nothing but my armor, all my weapons and my horse. No food, no water. I was Bajo-Oni, I could find those. I did. For 2 months I lived in the forest. I did not know where to go. I did not know where I was. Soon I found my way into the desert. Some how. It was beautiful. The absences of life. It left me in awe. It left me thirsty.

I remember Reshu’s words. But I still searched for him. I found my way to Gorin. It was not hard. People were helpful. They knew my armor, they knew what I was. They were honored to help me along my way. I found my old home.

My father opened the door. He asked me if he could help me. He had a his business man’s smile on his face. He did not recognize me. My head was shaved. I wore I common shirt. My armor was on my horse. I asked for Ulbane. My father’s eyes widened when he heard the name.

“There are no Lengel scum here!” he said angrily before slamming the door.

For a week I asked around the city. They said that the slave boy had escaped. That he had killed my mother. That knife of sorrow twitched inside me. I felt, alone. I knew no one. No one knew me. I went to the darker parts of the city. I prodded and poked my way into information. They said he went north. North to his people. I was angry. I felt betrayed. He had left me!

That night I wept. That morning, I rode. Away, yet again, from Gorin city. This time though, I did not look back. I rode north and I searched. For all the time that I could spare I searched until it was to late. In this cold desolate land I found nothing but emptiness. I found myself perhaps. I returned to Gorin city. It seemed I always coming back there. I went straight to the Lord Kaiser’s Arun. They were waiting for me. They said I was almost late. I was. I had arrived at the Arun on my last day of “vacation”.

They took my armor and my horse. They said they would take care of it. One of the servants led me into a grand room. Not really my kind of room. To much gold and silver. He told me to sit. I sat. He said wait. I waited. After 15 minutes a man came in. I did not recognize him at first. But then I saw the crest. The crest of the Kaiser’s. I was stunned. In awe.

This man stood tall, but still shorter than me by a few inches. He wore a cape and rather casual clothes. Yet he still conveyed the sense of power. Ultimate power. The power to snap his fingers and have you crushed. My knees were weak.

“Good afternoon Basu, I am the Lord Kaiser” he said casually, not even looking at him yet. He ran his hands over the desk to the north of the room. He looked pensively at it for a moment before turning to me, a small smile on his face. “I have been watching you”

I blinked at him and quickly rose, saluting. This was the only thing I could think of doing. That and going to my knees and begging forgiveness, though for what I do not know.

“You should have listened to Reshu, he is wise, you should not have looked for him” I froze. He knew. He knew everything. He was going to have me killed “I have watched you for a very long time”

I remained silent. The lump in my throat refusing to go down. The dull headache that now crept into my mind began to worsen

“He is beautiful isn’t he” he said with a smirk “Ul”

I almost collapsed. Again that knife twisted inside me, twisted hard, deeper. I could feel the tears almost come to me but I was strong now. I was Bajo-Oni

“There is a new cavalry division that has just finished training and is about to head north. I want you to lead this division” he picked up a rolled up scroll from the desk and handed it to me “All the things you need to know about the division will be in there, you’re second in command will be a Sarya Draski, Sarya is outside with your horse and will escort you to the barracks”

I hesitated. He trusted me? “Do not disappoint me Basu”

“Yes Lord Kaiser” I said and then clapped my fist to my chest in salute. I walked out of the room in a daze. Why? Why did he trust me. My head began to spin. The world suddenly began to tip over to one side. I reached out and grabbed the wall for support. Am I going mad?

“Sir?” came a soft female voice. An arm slipped under mine and carried me. A rather strong arm it would seem for I weighed quite a bit. “Sir are you alright?”

“I am... fine” I pushed the arm away and straightened up. Looking down I saw a woman, dressed in armor. Riding boots? “Who are you?”

“Sarya Draski”

“A woman?”

She smirked.

Silver Steak
Jan 14, 2007, 06:19 AM
Nice story, ken! :)

Azash
Jan 14, 2007, 01:34 PM
Silver, get on MSN :p

Lord_Iggy
Jan 14, 2007, 09:57 PM
Indeed. Cool story Ken. I look forward to hearing more of Basu.

Thlayli
Jan 28, 2007, 09:36 PM
LINESII, The LINESII, falling down to the second page?

Unacceptable!

(Btw Iggy, will you be free enough to start working on the update again soon?)

~Darkening~
Jan 28, 2007, 09:37 PM
(Btw Iggy, will you be free enough to start working on the update again soon?)

*COUGH**COUGH*

Lord_Iggy
Jan 28, 2007, 10:42 PM
I'm going to disappear for a week (Tuesday the 30th to the next Monday). Then my new semester starts. LINESII will resume then.

Silver Steak
Jan 29, 2007, 09:10 AM
:woohoo: I had almost forgotten this one! :D OW! Guys, I said almost! Stop hurting me!

Lord_Iggy
Jan 29, 2007, 06:39 PM
Sheesh, it's not like it's D-Word or anything. It would be that only if I lost interest.

jalapeno_dude
Jan 29, 2007, 06:51 PM
Well, if you're not updating now, then work on my map!

Lord_Iggy
Jan 29, 2007, 06:52 PM
I have to leave soon, for a week, so I may give you the incomplete map if you'd like to finish it.

Or you could wait for a while.

Silver Steak
Jan 30, 2007, 08:41 AM
I think he meant that you can work on his map while you are offline...

Wubba360
Feb 10, 2007, 03:31 PM
any idea when this will start up again, it has been over a week

Turner
Feb 10, 2007, 05:51 PM
It'll start back up when it starts back up.

Until then, have patience. ;)

Kentharu
Feb 10, 2007, 06:59 PM
mr. mod, are we allowed to post stories? (turner i mean)

Thlayli
Feb 10, 2007, 07:02 PM
mr. mod, are we allowed to post stories? (turner i mean)

I think so. I'm pretty sure that Turner just doesn't want loads of annoying spam clogging up the thread.

Not that I've ever done that before. :mischief:

Lord_Iggy
Feb 10, 2007, 07:55 PM
Tremble mortals, and delight. Iggy has returned to this world.

Heheh, I love that line...

Anyway, I'm starting to update. No update this weekend though, but rest assured that I'm getting work done on it.

LightFang
Feb 10, 2007, 08:20 PM
Yay, Iggy!

*hands Iggy the cheer of confidence! Gives +2 confidence to target. If target is a MOD, give additional +5 update speed. If target is a PLAYER, give additional +2 efficiency. If target is neither, you're a complete idiot and you've wasted it.*

erez87
Feb 10, 2007, 08:33 PM
Don't forget New Tigot, the first Shadow city (thats how aneyan cities are called) will be free!

Lord_Iggy
Feb 10, 2007, 10:08 PM
If Ken put it in his orders, it will be done...

~Darkening~
Feb 10, 2007, 11:32 PM
Heh....I hope you wanted a welcoming party erez......Good luck Iggy. Hopefully you'll be done by the time I get back :).

alex994
Feb 12, 2007, 08:35 PM
Remembrance of the Moon

“The Light and Glory of the Valins knows no bound! All else pales in comparison with the glory of Veritas Eternal. We shall one day say, what honor we have to have had crossed swords with the Valins…” –Prince Liu Ming

“What good hath the Valins shown the world? They have shown naught but contradiction, of the glory and honor of great Stratikrator against the deceit and lies of the despicable Vandrios.” –Princess Liu Shi

In an antechamber, in a small villa recently rented by a provincial it was said, was where she was to go. She had received a plain letter, nothing that would have revealed its true nature aside from a distinct marking. She pushed opened the door and peering in, entered the room. There was nothing but a well armed and attractive young woman dressed in similar garb. She went on her knees and bowed her head and waited. An envelope was placed upon the floor in front of her.

“Go to Khadon, the Capitol of the UKKK and tell the Marquis of Nanmi to relocate the Imperial Embassy inland. Of course, also remind him that his term of office is over and he should return to Guanzhong to prepare for the future. Show him this ring if he asks for identification or asks in a hardly courteous tone ‘Why the hell I should listen to you!’” so said the steady voice. The voice was mellow and showed no emotion.

“It shall be done mistress.” She walked out of the building and thought about it. Khadon? The Capitol of the UKKK? Why would she be ordered to tell the ambassador to relocate and return to Guanzhong for the future? She shrugged those thoughts from her head and concentrated at the great task at hand.

How would she get to Khadon and manage to locate the ambassador? Should she go through Qingdao and straight to Khemri through the treacherous Exodian Sea? Or should she go through Guangzhou through Old Nurmaferi and make the trek overland? Either would be difficult but it could and would be done. She would not disappoint her Mistress.

It is ironic how history repeats herself throughout not just time, but space and matter as well. Another King of another nation in another dimension would have appreciated and understood the problems facing this Emperor of this nation in this dimension. If he was able to breach the language barrier and come to understand the political issues, he would have understood it perfectly. Just perfectly. The King of England, Charles II, he was.

Of course, to be fair Charles II didn’t have other heirs just waiting to seize the opportunity and cast away their older brother. To say that Prince Ming was well liked was akin to saying the sun was cold and that ice was hot. All of them had their different agendas and were all united by one single goal, that The Valin Lover as he was called, would not become Emperor.

People are discomforted by change. It’s a given of life, people when given a choice would prefer the things they are more familiar and used towards, unless that life was miserable. Of course, a Valin Lover for an Emperor tends to get people worried about change. These ranged from merchants over going to war, husbands over their number of wives, monks and priests over religion, all the way to royalty worried about politics.

Arrogant, impertinent he always was and was exactly that as he seemingly ignore the gathering storms and forces arrayed against him and went on with life as if nothing was happening. He was confident, cocky even that he would be the next Emperor of Guangfei.

And what an Emperor he would be…

Lord_Iggy
Feb 13, 2007, 08:42 AM
Nice story alex!

Luckymoose
Feb 13, 2007, 08:49 AM
I will join once the update is up.

Thlayli
Feb 14, 2007, 11:51 AM
"My Lord Stratikrator."

"Your name, soldier."

"Irrelevant, my liege, and I have been asked to forget."

"Fair enough. You are the one spoken of, I assume. The tales have gone through the army like plague."

"Tales...rumors, they help our cause. After the fall of Redemption, we were cut off in the cold, the chaos of it, sending our ships and armies into the mists of the ocean, to an uncertain fate. Barbaric empires send their glorious, shining armies against us, and our dwindling people, fighting against the cold and the darkness, are fading into the tales of the world."

"The Valin people were greater in memory...and we have grown weak since those days. But why did you come if there is no hope?"

"The Shadow that was spoken of has been prepared. There are ten."

"Such barbaric creatures. I doubt their usefulness in battle."

"We almost despaired in our efforts to train them. But the acquisition of infant cubs allowed us to prepare the number you have now. They are sedated, at present. It was the only way; they would have ripped the ships apart."

"Will they stand in battle?"

"Our enemies will not. For years, fear has worked against us. Fear of the encroaching darkness, fear of the glittering swords in the West, fear of our death, a death beyond exile's hope. But now, my Lord Stratikrator, we have found Fear in the wilds of the north. And we have made it our ally."

"What news of this has gotten to the enemy?"

"Some. But that is good. Their troops will whisper of a horror from the ancient world, and their nightmares will be made real, in steel and blood."

"To hear you speak, it scares me, soldier. You speak only of wars and survival, and you speak for the Valin people. Once we were a people of peace and happiness, content to build our white cities and send occassional armies off to glory. But now we engage in a war of destruction, no longer a petty game for emperors. We fight a brutal struggle as harder, colder men."

"My lord Stratikrator, I hear your words. We have become as the stone statues we once carved in the higher days, emotionless and cold. And our people will sail into the cold, and the dark, and the spectre of death and chaos will sit on their shoulder. We have spent our lifetimes fighting for Light, but the One weeps to see how his Chosen must take their victory."

"Truly we have sinned."

"To stand against the monsters that slaughtered us at Veritas, and butchered the people of Redemption, we must become somewhat like them. As horrible as that is, we must set aside the Maxims so that our children can practice them without fear."

"Who are you?"

"Just a man of Veritas, who has gone into the cold and dark like all his brethren."

"Grant us vindication."

"He is doing so, as we speak. We are the spear, held in the right hand. The spear and the tree, do you remember, my Lord? The fragments of a scroll, and that small book."

A bead of sweat appeared on the back of the Stratikrator's neck.

"There are two copies of that book in the world, and I have both of them. As for the scroll, what knowledge it has is only a shard of the original, and that is buried beyond hope of salvation."

"But you remember at least the spear and the the tree. The great statue of the One, twice built, and twice destroyed. It is a prophecy, you see. For upon the One's crown, built in Veritas of old, there were three gems. The first was amethyst, a great purple stone. The second was sapphire, shining like the sea, purifed and crystallized."

"And the third?"

"It was topaz. A golden stone."

"What does that mean?"

"Three gems, for the three incarnations of Veritas. The ancient Republic, the exiled state clinging to the sea, and the third...what we will build, and create in the future. The statue has been raised and destroyed two times. The prophecy, and the scroll, are clear on what you are to do, Stratikrator Xenophon."

"How do you know all this?"

"I lived in the north. Though we cling wretchedly to life on the edge of the world, not all lost knowledge was brought to Redemption."

"What do you know of the Autorex and his scroll?"

"You must command your troops, Lord Stratikrator. The Oceanus requests your presence."

Lord_Iggy
Feb 14, 2007, 05:31 PM
Nice story Thlay!

Update 30% done.

LBaeldeth
Feb 14, 2007, 05:44 PM
I've just finished reading through the collected history (Iggy's updates), and I've got to say, wow. I'm currently going back to read through the whole thing and get all the stories, but in the meantime, I'd like to join. I've got zero experience at this, but I love stories, so what the hey? I'd like Syracia, if it's not been claimed; relatively isolated, not next to any expansionist empires (*Eyes Veritas, Gorin, et al* :goodjob: ). If all's well and good with that, I'll get things ready for the next round of orders.

Lord_Iggy
Feb 14, 2007, 05:53 PM
Welcome to NESing LBaeldeth! I'm glad you like my NES. We'll all be sure to help you along.

Update should be done by this weekend, and then all the recent joinees can take their places in this NES.

alex994
Feb 14, 2007, 06:01 PM
OOC: Iggy, I believe my friend PMed you a week or two ago about joining in one of the "terra incognito" regions but you haven't responded to him yet :(

Lord_Iggy
Feb 14, 2007, 06:24 PM
Which friend of yours? There are a few of them, all of whom have disappeared from my radar.

alex994
Feb 14, 2007, 06:35 PM
OOC: The one whose stat template has something to do with titan worship.

Lord_Iggy
Feb 14, 2007, 06:38 PM
What is his/her name?

Luckymoose
Feb 14, 2007, 06:45 PM
Iggy I would like to be magland if they are still open/alive post update.

Lord_Iggy
Feb 14, 2007, 06:52 PM
Sure thingy Luckymoose.

Thlayli
Feb 14, 2007, 06:57 PM
I've just finished reading through the collected history (Iggy's updates), and I've got to say, wow. I'm currently going back to read through the whole thing and get all the stories, but in the meantime, I'd like to join. I've got zero experience at this, but I love stories, so what the hey? I'd like Syracia, if it's not been claimed; relatively isolated, not next to any expansionist empires (*Eyes Veritas, Gorin, et al* :goodjob: ). If all's well and good with that, I'll get things ready for the next round of orders.

Welcome to NESing! Prepare to be converted to the holy light of the Oneist faith. ;)

Just kidding, maybe.

LBaeldeth
Feb 14, 2007, 07:00 PM
Welcome to NESing! Prepare to be converted to the holy light of the Oneist faith. ;)

You may keep your silly superstitions. The people of Syracia thrive on reason! Knowledge! And a hearty diet of fish! :p

jalapeno_dude
Feb 14, 2007, 07:12 PM
The people of Syracia thrive on reason! Knowledge!
Sounds like we'll get along well. We need to talk after the update.

LBaeldeth
Feb 14, 2007, 08:02 PM
Sounds like we'll get along well. We need to talk after the update.

Would the Citadel be willing to import some beef? We're deathly sick of fish. ;)

jalapeno_dude
Feb 14, 2007, 08:30 PM
Would the Citadel be willing to import some beef? We're deathly sick of fish. ;)
Perhaps. But we'll need some copies of local religious doctrine and specimens of the local flora and fauna to study first. :p

Lord_Iggy
Feb 14, 2007, 09:37 PM
I'm finished naming the old updates, in case you're interested.

alex994
Feb 14, 2007, 11:43 PM
OOC: My friend's account is a_propagandist I believe.

*mutters about the valin-centricity of the update names* *chooses to ignore that the Valins have too much times on their hands to go do crazy stuff* Really, the updates where Guangfei is fighting for her survival it's all about the Valins!!!

*goes off angrily to change a few details in a story* All in good jest iggy, all in good jest

LittleBoots
Feb 16, 2007, 07:20 AM
You may keep your silly superstitions. The people of Syracia thrive on reason! Knowledge!

Ah, the fallacies. Le sigh.

For the record, I hate you for attempting to steal my diminutive so obviously. You have failed.

Also for the record, I shall be making love(ly stories) as soon as this lunatic week is over, dealing with the beauty of Gerougioika life, history, and warfare practices. If all goes well, I'll have more Eugenidean Discourses and maybe some sacra doctrina in addition.

Silver Steak
Feb 16, 2007, 08:50 AM
For the record, I hate you for attempting to steal my diminutive so obviously. You have failed.

Indeed. However, I am sure you will manage to reach a compromise. Look at me and silver. With me as SS, we both have nicks with genocide references. :rolleyes:

alex994
Feb 17, 2007, 08:33 PM
A Simple Family Affair

“A strong family is the strongest social bond there can be. With strong families, the sun is the limit of what a state can do. Without strong families, there can be no strong state. The Family, is the bedrock of the state.” –Han Guangfei Philosopher, Wei Chuan

-Excerpt from Way of Life, Wei Chuan:

Family is the bedrock of the Han Imperial State. Without a family, what is one’s purpose and meaning in life? Other nations may scorn family, such as the heinous dark skinned inhabitants of Gorin, but that is not the Han way. To strip the individual of the family is the most heinous crime, a crime great enough for the Heavens to strike down upon the transgressor. The Greater is satisfied and the Lesser is happy. All is balanced.

-First Citadel Guangfei Expedition:

It seems to the casual observer that the Guangfei people have 2 prominent commodities that the Imperial Government insures at all times to be in a plentiful and affordable pricing. The first would be of course rice, it being the primary staple of the Han diet. The second commodity, very strangely, is incense. The idea of family to them is very important and since incense is seen as sort of food for the ancestors, it is extremely vital…

-Journal of Prince Liu Hai Shi:

I must say that I am deeply worried. I hear from my friends at court that my name is being bought up more and more frequently as a neutral or moderate candidate for my father’s throne. People would be surprised, but I have no wish to become Emperor of Guangfei. Politics is not where my talent lies. I prefer finance, commerce and wealth. The cities of Guangzhou and Qingdao beckon so much more then the morbid and droll city that is the Imperial Capital.

-Unknown Religious Preacher in Wanbei:

The Emperor is the Divine One’s appointee upon this world to guide us to the right path. The faithful must see the Great Evil that Bladeism brings upon the Earth. Of war unceasing, of death unbecoming and of a world covered in darkness. That is what they shall bring! We must fight with both our souls and arms! Resist the Darkness and in time the cities of the Evil Swades and Myocacans shall burn under the Dragon banner! Perfidious Valinia shall follow, Guangfei alone shall bless the Southern Lands!

-Current Citadel Guangfei Expedition:

Guangfei rotates around one family as always, the Royal Family. The House of Liu have not managed to maintain control for over seven hundred years of Guangfei without some sort of political skill. None the less, the political situation in Guangfei is on a knife-edge. Princess Liu Shi and Prince Liu Ming are pulling apart the stability of the Royal Family. What happens in Guanzhong in the next few years will have impact in even far away Khadon. Tens of thousands will march where the Dragon Throne wills.

-Court Memorandum of Minister Li Kuan

The dangers that Prince Liu Ming poses to the Imperial Court must not be underestimated. His sheer presence and influence will and can cause war with the Bladeists states. He also threatens the continued independence of Guangfei. His Pro-Valin ideals and beliefs are a slap across the face to Your Majesty’s esteemed ancestors, Emperors Yue and Ku who fought so valiantly against Valin aggression to defend Han territory. Something must be done!

LBaeldeth
Feb 19, 2007, 08:07 AM
Since I've exploited the delayed update to sneak in early orders for Syracia, I may as well start putting up a story or two.

------------------

"Kae up! Ready! Throw!"

A half-dozen javelins sailed gracefully through the air, striking home in large grass bales.

"Kae up! Ready! Throw!"

A second time, six javelins flew; one missed its target and skittered along the hard-packed dirt of the training field. "Hold! At ease!"

Kajan winced. That's the third one today, he thought, sparing a sympathetic glance to the recruit four men down the throwing line. Poor guy's really going to get it ... His eyes snapped back forward as the Sarjukhe* stalked past, too slowly; the man turned to look at him, glare darkening his already swarthy Syracian skin. "You looking for something, Sarbaz*?"

"Sir! No, sir!" Kajan stared desperately forward at nothing, sweat plastering his dark hair to his forehead. The Sarjukhe frowned a little deeper, but had bigger fish to fry, and moved on without comment. Kajan relaxed, relieved that another man would be facing the trainer's wrath - and then mentally chastised himself for wishing that wrath off on any man.

He tugged at his armor as the Sarjukhe began browbeating the hapless soldier with poor aim. Made of layered, stiffened linen, and reinforced with bronze scales at key points, it offered decent protection - if not as much as a full bronze cuirass might. It was much lighter, however, and far less stifling, though still enough to cause him to sweat profusely. He could feel the linen becoming flexible as his perspiration soaked into it, but knew it would be stiff once more by tomorrow. Still, that was tomorrow, and right now it was flexible and starting to itch. He squirmed. The last man to try and scratch had been set to do three hundred laps - in full bronze armor.

The other recruit was protesting now - something about a cross-breeze - and Kajan cringed in sympathy once more. Never argue with the Sarjukhe! But it was too late, and the training officer's voice went up both an octave and a volume level. He's really going to get it now.

Resting the lower rim of his Spara on the ground, he leaned slightly against it's supportive frame, feet still aching from the forced march they'd done earlier in the morning. In full kit, he groused to himself; bronze greaves and linen braces to go with the cuirass, the traditional conical Syracian helm, bronze shortsword swinging from his belt and his two Kae tripping up his feet every other step. Well, at least we don't have to carry our own cooking gear. Or tents. Thank Insight** for pushcarts. He deliberately did not think about the unfortunate peasants drafted to push the wheeled contraptions along; he only had so much pity to go around, and right now it was all used up on his fellow recruit - who was now setting down his Spara to start laps around the training field.

Kajan straightened again as the Sarjukhe's attention returned to the rest of the men. A servant hurried up, handing each recruit two more Kae, and the officer cleared his throat.

"Kae up! Ready!"

"Throw!"

-----------
*I am shamelessly plagiarizing the Iranian army's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%27s_Army_Ranks_Insignia) rank system for the Syracian forces. They're supposed to look like Iranians anyway, more or less.
**Most Syracian people do not recognize any gods or spirits. Inventiveness has long been prized, however, and the concept of "Insight" has received some slight anthropormorphization because of this, similar to OTL "Thank Goodness" or "Fortune favours the bold."
--------------
UU: Sparakae

The Syracian people have never had any sort of cavalry. They have no domesticated animals large enough for its use, and the concept of riding some unreliable beast into battle is completely foreign to them. This led instead to a development of widely varied infantry tactics. The Sparakae is a light swordsman and skirmisher meant for flanking and harassing tactics. Their armor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linothorax) is made of layered linen reinforced with bronze scale, making it lighter and allowing for greater mobility than full bronze breastplates, at the expense of protection. Their shields, the Spara, are tall, oval in shape, and built with the same goal as the armor in mind; lightness and mobility. They too offer good protection, but again, not as much as the heavier equipment used by front-line troops. They also wear bronze knee-high greaves, and bracers made in the same fashion as the linen cuirasses; like all Syracian troops, their heads are protected with a bronze, conical helm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Spangenhelm.jpg).

Each Sparakae carries two Kae, javelins with heavy, piercing heads. These are used to great effect on the flanks of enemy formations, with no shields between the Kae and enemy flesh. When the time comes to close to melee, the Sparakae fight using bronze shortswords, stabbing and hacking from behind their Spara. Highly trained, they can inflict horrendous damage on unprepared flanks, particularly those already disorganized by flights of Kae; however, their lighter armor means standing in extended toe-to-toe combat with prepared heavy troops is a losing proposition.

Abaddon
Feb 19, 2007, 08:11 AM
Can people still join this?

Oruc
Feb 19, 2007, 08:17 AM
you could, but it hasnt had an update in ages.

Lord_Iggy
Feb 19, 2007, 08:40 AM
I'm currently about half updated. I started work on it on Friday and have worked sporadically. I hope to update before the Canada Winter Games. Failing at that, I have another week off of school after the games.

Nice story LBaeldeth!

LBaeldeth
Feb 19, 2007, 02:08 PM
The bronze merchant let the coins slip through his fingers with an expression of glee, the money tinkling onto a small but impressive pile of the same on his little table. Veher was his name, and his Emperor had just made him rich.

Well. Richer. Everyone had need of bronze, after all; pots and pans, plates, goblets, mirrors; knives, axe-heads - both broad and pick - fine jars and carafes. Typically he sold to the well-off, the lower classes making use of cheaper and less attractive clay furnishings, though everyone needed his knives and axe-heads. Especially the foremen of the construction gang that had recently passed through.

Yes, they had paid quite the premium for all his pickaxe-heads.

It only made sense, of course. They'd blunted or broken all their own shattering rocks to make way for the great road from Jara, and needed new ones to continue their work on to Ean Samhradh.

His Emperor was going to make him richer still, he thought, as the rumble of the first wheeled push-carts echoed into town. The new, stone-paved and widened road surface meant the servant-powered vehicles could move quicker, unimpeded by ruts or washouts in the dirt tracks that had served as roads before. Merchants and tradesmen were coming from Jara, loaded down with salted fish from the Bay of Khemal*, as well as gems pried from the rocky peaks around the capital. They lacked, he noted with another smile, bronze wares to sell. That, too, only made sense; Iolar Geimhread's mines provided the vast majority of the bronze used by the Empire's armies, the mountains ranging north and west of the city being rich in the metals alloyed to make the useful substance.

Veher let a happy sigh escape him. Soon enough, the road would reach Ean Samhradh, and the regular trickle of merchants from there would become a flood as well, bearing linen woven from endless fields of flax, produce and salted pork from the lowland's bounteous farms ... and more fish, great fish caught in the ocean deeps, nothing like those which fill the Bay of Khemal. Even if their ultimate destination should be Jara and not his city, they would still have to pass through here to get there.

And surely, they would all need bronze.

It only made sense, of course.

The merchant allowed himself another smile and started to count his money again.

--------
*Named for Arehn Khemal, who led the Syracian fleet under Jara the Uniter's campaign of purification and was killed in the last naval engagement of that war, just southeast of Jara itself.

alex994
Feb 19, 2007, 08:46 PM
OOC: When are the Canada Winter Games?

Lord_Iggy
Feb 19, 2007, 08:54 PM
February 23 to March 10th, and I'm away from the 22nd to some day in early March. I don't participate in the second week.

Linky (http://www.2007canadagames.ca/en/index.php)

LittleBoots
Feb 20, 2007, 11:11 PM
NOTE: Not edited... posted in a first draft. Will edit tomorrow. Must sleep.

Excerpt: Essays on Gerougia: The First Impressions of a Traveler, Citadel Archives, Southport

One of the most influential factors in the development of Gerougioikai life is the low population, historically speaking. Until relatively modern times, Gerougia has supported a population of little more than The Citadel proper. The current cities were villages of very few people and as such warfare proved an unbearable burden. As such, the custom arose whereby wars were settled through single combat. The greatest warrior of a village would meet the greatest warrior of the opposing village in a neutral location. The villages would assemble to view the proceedings and to distribute spoils based on the victor. The combat itself was to the death which, interestingly enough, proved to limit the occurence of frivolous warfare as it was more often than not the chieftain himself involved in combat.

This gravity of what the Gerougioikoi call "warfare" gave rise to an intricate system of give and take. Specific things could be demanded by a village, but greed was looked down on. Wars were rarely for any sort of territorial gain, as effective control of another village was next to impossible. Furthermore, the oikos[1] had become co-extensive with the village and as such family units only dealt with other oikoi, or villages for marriage when necessary. As a result, the idea of conquest as a form of expansion is relatively new to Gerougioikai history.

As population size began to increase (through a variety of factors not entirely understood by the Gerougioikoi themselves), combat actually decreased. The Megandros, or Great Man (Chieftain), gave way to the Basileos, something somewhat equivalent to a King. The shift brought about new justifications for his reign, including the idea that it was divinely sanctioned, as well as the idea, supported by the philosophoi, that the Basileos was absolutely necessary for the stability and prosperity of the polis, or city unit, as the villages had grown to be called. The expertise of the [i]Basileos[/u] drifted away from combat, as it was no longer necessary to maintain his rule through physical trials and no longer susceptible to challenges by hardened warriors. For better or for worse, the Basileos became institutionalized. His skills tended towards administration as internal conflict became more common and resolution through arbitration was required for internal harmony. The cities began looking inward, as the concept of taking the lands of other poleis (plural) had yet to enter the collective psyche. Oikoi had drifted together, yet retained a substantial amount of importance with the city unit. Even so, the family unit was, with time, successfully and entirely integrated into the city unit[2].

Yet, Gerougioikai life never remains still. The discursive Gerougioikai philosopher Eugenides, revered as a Messenger of God by the Gerougioikoi, wrote extensively on the topic of change. His basic belief is that all things have an end or goal; all things are in a process of actualization and as such we are all part of one cosmic 'coming-to-be.' He believes that Perfection is the end of change and mankind cannot achieve that finality here. Gerougioikai culture is therefore constantly growing and exploring new ideas. In this, they exhibit a thirst for knowledge and understanding worthy of any of my fellow scholars of the Citadel, but my full beliefs on what our relationship with the Gerougioikoi are described in other essays.[3]

Suffice it to say, the city would not remain isolated forever. As the city achieved unity, the necessity of introversion faded somewhat and kings looked again abroad. Populations had increased, but the ideals of personal glory and honour (held over from days of personal combat and later small matches of the best fighters of the village in a single melee) remained. Warriors remained a small subset of the population, but their numbers had become large enough to maintain control of another polis, beyond simply extracting certain goods. This realization sparked a short period of constant warfare amongst the Gerougioikoi, a period ended by a Strategos[4] from Kallipolis, Telamon of Ruthless Bronze. This brilliant tactician brought all Gerougioikoi under one banner for the first time in their history. Yet, when we speak of Telamon and the Unification, we speak of our own time. This is no ancient history and the idea of Gerougia as one entity, while having existed since antiquity, has only just recently been actualized. This unification coincided with the visit of foreign powers and the revelation of an outside world, and a dangerous world at that. Thus far, the words of the Philosopher, current philosophoi and theophemeis[5], and the threat of foreign powers has aided the process of integration. The long discussed concept of the politeia, or, roughly, republic, has finally been realized.

[1] "household" commonly "family" specifically encompassed the idea of extended family; perhaps similar to the clans of the Tuatha, cf. On the Tuatha, the Folk of Tir Tairngire; also used to signify a people - Gerougioikoi: "Those Who Have Their Family/Dwelling in the Land of the Ancients"; or Perioikoi: "Those Who Live/Dwell/Make Family Nearby/Around"; not to be confused with demos ("people")

[2] This may be an unfair characterization, as, from what the Gerougioikai scholars I have spoken with seem to indicate, the city unit was founded upon the family unit. There was no introduction of a new system, rather the new was merely a growth of the old. I agree in principle, but they seem to miss the vital fact that multiple oikoi were merged into one under the polis. This fact demands qualifiers be placed into the idea that the polis evolved from the oikos. Namely, that the polis treaded entirely new ground; oikoi had never lived with each other in such close proximity and the social order was one part tradition, one part invented. For further information, see chapter 4 of this work or the seminal work on Gerougioikai culture, Hubris and Humility)

[3] "On Gerougia: The Necessity of Friendship"

[4] The Strategos is another relatively new development in Gerougioikai history. From time immemorial, the leader of the people has been the supreme thinker, fighter, and priest. With the growing number of people united under one banner, these jobs have slowly been separated and delineated that each could be performed more effectively. The Strategos is the Captain of the Warriors of the Polis.

[5] Theophemeis - plural for theophemis, meaning "God speaker."

Lord_Iggy
Feb 21, 2007, 12:14 AM
Nice story LB! Very engaging.

Lord_Iggy
Feb 21, 2007, 11:31 PM
Happy Birthday LINESII! One year and roughly 5 hours since I opened it.

Update is going well, but I don't think I'll finish it before tomorrow, when I leave for the athlete's village. However, I guarantee an update after the first week of the Canada Winter Games, when my events are done.

Luckymoose
Feb 21, 2007, 11:34 PM
Happy Birthday for LINESII indeed. Wow you pretty much have the longest running currently open NES perhaps or soon to be the longest ever.

I hope you finish the update soon so I can play.

its time for a new thread as well perhaps the next update should be the last before a new thread.

LightFang
Feb 22, 2007, 12:24 AM
Congratulations, Iggy, on coolio NES making and such.

Don't feel too stressed about updating! Yay~