Aug 09, 2006, 08:22 PM
Hmm? Must have missed it.

Oruc
Aug 09, 2006, 08:23 PM
Did not the Iggy Lord say Friday?

Verily..............

Lord_Iggy
Aug 10, 2006, 12:04 AM
Yes, although I'm doing some NPC stuff earlier.

Aug 10, 2006, 02:29 AM
In Luculis’ own time pay-offs, kick-backs and outright bribery were not uncommon and as these practices became more widely accepted in private business they began to loose the stigma usually associated with them. By the time Luculis died and his hopeful successors began their bid for power such activities were practiced openly and without disfavor.

In the ensuing political struggle citizens showed their support for a candidate by making cash donations to their campaign by purchasing shares in their candidate. These votes were technically open to any one, but the high prices made it primarily a game for the wealthy. As a candidate’s popularity grew so did the price of his shares, causing some to sell off their political interest for profit. Mean while less popular candidates’ cheaper shares made support easier to find. These market forces providing election excitement up to the very moment the closing bell rang.

After the investing was complete, the candidate with the most shares would take the oath of office and pledge to support his investors by redeeming shares either with political positions in the government or occasionally by simply buying the shares back at an agreed price.

In this curious manner the Autorex, now called Chairman, was once again beholden to the people, in the form of The Committee.

Lord_Iggy
Aug 10, 2006, 02:33 AM
Well, someone doesn't like the Assemblum Popularum system. :p

das
Aug 10, 2006, 02:45 AM
[political bias]Might it have something to do with it being utterly unworkable?[/political bias] :p Btw, you are three posts away from having 6,666, which, I think, is a fairly evil post number in its own right. Only fitting that a penguin should have it. Will send orders later this day.

Kozmos
Aug 10, 2006, 04:25 AM
Well, someone doesn't like the Assemblum Popularum system. :p

*raises hand*

Republics suck, especially this early in the game.

Kentharu
Aug 10, 2006, 05:57 AM
republics are stupid early game and i will destroy all of them. I think its been proven that they DON'T work. Veritas fell, shalamari with their religious republic.

Look at the UKKK (sounds like to the united KKK :p ) 2 nations that were at war with each other merged under a monarch. Horay supreme power.

das
Aug 10, 2006, 06:02 AM
The only thing better than a good old monarchy like UKKK (and I did point out the acronym's deeper meaning earlier! :p ) is an evil new monarchy, like Gerber. Self-advertisement FTW, incidentally.

Disenfrancised
Aug 10, 2006, 09:09 AM
Yeah monarchies are swell, but you have to include some mechanism for introducing fresh blood into the lineage every now and then, else things go straight to pot...and you end up with a King who's mostly teeth ;)

Kal'thzar
Aug 10, 2006, 09:22 AM
I like the uniteing through Marriage of other royals. More land And fresh blood!

Kentharu
Aug 10, 2006, 09:23 AM
hideous abnormalities and incest make royalty fun :p

Kal'thzar
Aug 10, 2006, 09:25 AM
Looks at gorin speculatively......

course the UKKKG doesn't have the same ring to it....

Thlayli
Aug 10, 2006, 10:02 AM
To: Tellium

Though we have no quarrel, your current actions make membership in the League of Valins quite unlikely. Ciao.

OOC: Eh, Republics (especially if they're more than a little Oligarchic) can be quite useful in the early game, especially if you're building a state in the mold of Athens or Venice.

Oh Iggy, could I get a response for my last PM? Thanks.

The Strategos
Aug 10, 2006, 10:45 AM
A Mountain's Burden
Written during the 6th year of the reign of Onna Gyoja by Shijin Yuryaku and Nukata Hitomaro

Snow falls world turns white
A blanket of purity
Covering the land

Mountains groan at the burden
The weight of the darkened sky

Still unbowed they stand
Underneath the silver moon
Ageless as ever.

The wind blows its chilly breath
Cherry blossoms float on it

The leaves are all gone
The trees stand alone naked
Exposed to the world.

Stillness is like a mantle
The reverent hush of Nature

A falling snowflake
Carried by the raging wind
On a long journey

Joined by its kin it journeys
The sky turned to a white wall

No flower now blooms
Breaking the cover of white
No splash of beauty

A single tear hits the ground shattering
The weeping of the gods in heaven

Aug 10, 2006, 11:30 AM
From Tellium
To Verta, Exilsium, Norvalin

New Veritas intends to exclude us from your Valin League due to a minor difference in domestic politics and inspite of hundreds of years of shared heritage, let us not allow the conceit of a single nation to stand in the way of our common bond. Tellium would like to open trade routes to each of your nations so that we may not lose our Valin traditions.

Thlayli
Aug 10, 2006, 12:37 PM
To: Tellium

It is interesting how you worded that. Shall we examine this "slight difference" of yours? You make the position of Autorex permanent, placing massive power in the hands of one individual. This perverts and destroys the spirit of freedom, and the belief that all Valins should be equal under the law. An Assemblum is designed to avoid the abuse of power which you, with your creation of a "Chairman," are condoning! Also, the ability of the wealthy to buy votes is absolutely disgusting. Though we respect our upper classes, the poor are no less citizens than the rich.

In addition, you refused to take part in the Crusade of Vengeance, claiming that your obligations to the wars against Khemri were greater than your bond to fellow Valin states. And yet, we heard very little of Tellium's armies in that war.

We repudiate you, for you are no Valins any longer. If you choose to return to sanity, we would be happy to welcome you back.

Kentharu
Aug 10, 2006, 12:39 PM
someone is still at war with Khemri? i thought every put up the peace sign

Thlayli
Aug 10, 2006, 12:40 PM
someone is still at war with Khemri? i thought every put up the peace sign

They did, I was referring to the last war. Though technically Khemri is at war with the Bladeists/Emor, or something.

das
Aug 10, 2006, 12:58 PM
but you have to include some mechanism for introducing fresh blood

Vampirism? Or do you mean something like the Table of Ranks, but extended further? ;)

Technically, my new king slaughtered the entire royal family. Doubt that it counts like a mechanism, but we could turn into one. Whenever the ruling family grows obesse and inbred, launch a bloody coup! :p

Aug 10, 2006, 01:03 PM
To New Veritas
From Tellium

There were Khemrian soldiers within Telliums borders during that war*, where was your support for your Valin cousins? My forces were needed to defend their homes and could not be spared for the Emorian raid, but I did offer my aid if it could have been delayed. I hope you will reconsider using this as an excuse to sour relations with your brothers in faith.

OOC: As for my low profile in the updates; Tellium's commanders have a saying "When commanding troops like these, no news is good news."

*We are now at peace with the UKKK

Lord_Iggy
Aug 10, 2006, 01:06 PM
Look at the UKKK (sounds like to the united KKK :p)Subliminal messagin Kentharu.
Only fitting that a penguin should have it.And everyone else with a postcount > or = 6666 :p.
hideous abnormalities and incest make royalty funSigged.
Technically, my new king slaughtered the entire royal family.Ottoman tradition for the win!
@Thlayli- Which PM is that? I thought I answered it. It may be deleted, as I had a full PM box.

Thlayli
Aug 10, 2006, 01:09 PM
To New Veritas
From Tellium

There were Khemrian soldiers within Telliums borders during that war*, where was your support for your Valin cousins? My forces were needed to defend their homes and could not be spared for the Emorian raid, but I did offer my aid if it could have been delayed. I hope you will reconsider using this as an excuse to sour relations with your brothers in faith.

As we said, return to a sane system of government and we would be happy to welcome you into the League.

Iggy: Resent! I never got a response, desole. :(

das
Aug 10, 2006, 01:10 PM
Ottoman tradition for the win!

If I recall correctly, THAT tradition only called for the slaughter of all the heirs but one.

We killed everyone we could find, all of their relatives and illegitimate offsprings. We killed their pets, too.

So there's a tiny, but vital difference. ;)

Kentharu
Aug 10, 2006, 01:12 PM
why did you kill everyone das? did they steal your cookies?

Lord_Iggy
Aug 10, 2006, 01:13 PM
Well, I'm assuming that whoever does the killing doesn't kill himself upon completion.

:devil:UNHOLY POST 6666 FTW!!!:devil:

Cuivienen
Aug 10, 2006, 01:15 PM
That's post 6,666, and it's spam. How could you, Iggy?

Anyway, I'll send orders in a couple of hours if I don't get a map before then. If i do, I'll spend some time revising them to fit the map and submit them in a few more hours.

Thlayli
Aug 10, 2006, 01:16 PM
An excellent 6666th post, Iggy. ;) I'll be sending orders as soon as you respond.

Cuivienen
Aug 10, 2006, 01:17 PM
An excellent 6666th post, Iggy. ;)

He edited it.

Lord_Iggy
Aug 10, 2006, 01:20 PM
@Cuiv- I realized the number after posting, and edited it.

I can't get the map uploaded as I'm not on my file computer, but I'll describe the nation carefully.

It is on an east-west plane range of mountains, sort of like Chile switched 90 degrees. There are two other nations you are aware of (or maybe not, but they're there nonetheless), one to the east and one to the west, but no border contact yet. The south, oceanfacing side is a cool rainforest, the north side is relatively arid.

das
Aug 10, 2006, 01:23 PM
why did you kill everyone das? did they steal your cookies?

Not exactly. Actually they just stood between me AND ABSOLUTE, UNLIMITED, UNBRINDLED POWER! :evil: No other reason, though that king was also really irritating with his dislike of human sacrifice and so forth...

Well, I'm assuming that whoever does the killing doesn't kill himself upon completion.

Well, duh. Toghol was completely unrelated to the royal family. Ofcourse, NOW he IS the royal family. Nice reversal, if you ask me. ;)

jalapeno_dude
Aug 10, 2006, 01:30 PM
Orders sent.

Lord_Iggy
Aug 10, 2006, 01:31 PM
@das- I was referring to a coup, not royal succession. I think we have mutual understanding here, but just feel like arguing. :p

alex994
Aug 10, 2006, 01:34 PM
OOC: bloody weirdos all of you.. thlayli, I'm watching your "cultural mixing" in Qingdao very carefully. Anymore, and an insane ruler by the name of "A-Li-Xe" will rise to power ;)

das
Aug 10, 2006, 01:35 PM
Actually it works either way (that goes for both sentences :p ). ;)

Okay, lets stop spamming now.

LittleBoots
Aug 10, 2006, 01:44 PM
Iggy, did you get my revised orders? I pretty much decided to go in a completely different direction, so its mildly important you got the new ones :p I think you can tell which ones are the new ones, what with the subtle PM title I gave them.

Imago
Aug 10, 2006, 01:47 PM
Norvalin would like to issue its official support to New Veritas on the Telium issue.

And, orders sent.

jalapeno_dude
Aug 10, 2006, 01:47 PM
Iggy, did you get my revised orders? I pretty much decided to go in a completely different direction, so its mildly important you got the new ones :p I think you can tell which ones are the new ones, what with the subtle PM title I gave them.
You better not be invading Zemora...

LittleBoots
Aug 10, 2006, 01:48 PM
:p You better not be invading Zemora...

Or what? :p

jalapeno_dude
Aug 10, 2006, 01:51 PM
:p

Or what? :p
Or you won't get bronze weapons, and they will. And then you will lose rather badly, methinks...

Cuivienen
Aug 10, 2006, 01:51 PM
Orders sent.

(And, in an unexpected twist, Kelios invades Guangfei and the Citadel at the same time!)

alex994
Aug 10, 2006, 01:52 PM
I KNEW IT!!! MAN THE BARRICADES! Kill the Veritasians! :evil:

Cuivienen
Aug 10, 2006, 01:53 PM
We're Veritasians now? :confused:

jalapeno_dude
Aug 10, 2006, 01:53 PM
Orders sent.

(And, in an unexpected twist, Kelios invades Guangfei and the Citadel at the same time!)
Please do. Then I can leave this boring continent entirely and be entirely based elsewhere. :p

Kal'thzar
Aug 10, 2006, 01:54 PM
All outsiders are Vertisians :p

LittleBoots
Aug 10, 2006, 01:54 PM

Meh, they're just expanding the war.

And actually JD, you'll like the direction we've gone in. I just wanted to be argumentative. ;)

alex994
Aug 10, 2006, 01:55 PM

No, but whenever you get invaded you go after the funny foreigners with their funny accent, weird clothing, weird religion, and weird culinary tastes. In this case, non-existant culinary tastes :D

jalapeno_dude
Aug 10, 2006, 01:55 PM
Meh, they're just expanding the war.

And actually JD, you'll like the direction we've gone in. I just wanted to argumentative. ;)
We all do. It increases our postcount. :p

LittleBoots
Aug 10, 2006, 01:57 PM
:lol:

I'm conflicted. I thought it was funny, so I laugh. But I also spam. What was that you said about postcount? :p

jalapeno_dude
Aug 10, 2006, 01:59 PM
:lol:

I'm conflicted. I thought it was funny, so I laugh. But I also spam. What was that you said about postcount? :p
Yes! My theory of NESer behavior is correct! I shall now control their minds and take over the world!

After I stop the spam, of course.

Kozmos
Aug 10, 2006, 03:32 PM
OOC: bloody weirdos all of you.. thlayli, I'm watching your "cultural mixing" in Qingdao very carefully. Anymore, and an insane ruler by the name of "A-Li-Xe" will rise to power ;)

Why not name him Menta-Li-Ill?

Lord_Iggy
Aug 10, 2006, 03:33 PM
Iggy, did you get my revised orders? I pretty much decided to go in a completely different direction, so its mildly important you got the new ones I think you can tell which ones are the new ones, what with the subtle PM title I gave them.I have them.

Why not name him Menta-Li-Ill?Because Menta isn't Chinese. :p

das
Aug 10, 2006, 03:37 PM
Meng-Ta-Li-Il works, however. ;)

Kozmos
Aug 10, 2006, 03:37 PM
^^^
Yup.

tenchars

Lord_Iggy
Aug 10, 2006, 03:40 PM

So spammy.

alex994
Aug 10, 2006, 04:16 PM
You bloody non-Chinese people should stop trying to butcher the chinese language! :p

Thlayli
Aug 10, 2006, 04:38 PM
In a probably hopeless attempt to get the thread back on track:

To: Guangfei

Very well, in compliance with your request we will not send any further missionaries into Guangfei territory without the express consent of the Emperor. Of course, priests will remain who travel with our merchants, but you should find little wrong with that.

May Truth find you,

A.P.N.V.

alex994
Aug 10, 2006, 04:43 PM
To New Veritas
From Guangfei

As long as the priests that travel with your merchants do not attempt to spread or preach the "Church of the One" during their journey in Guangfei that is very fine. However, if they break that rule however, they will be prosecuted to the full extent of our laws.

TerrisH
Aug 10, 2006, 05:14 PM
long have we waited.. long have we planed.
we have done what needed to be done, to the scorn and displeasure of our fellows.
long ago, we betrayed our fellows. we allied with the lesses evil, the true, though misguided bladest to our west. to slay the demon who attempted to corrupt the ancient vertis and cast it to an unholy path. and for that necessary evil, the first step of repentance has been filled. the decedents of vertis has claimed their vengeance, and spared us. after so many generations of waiting.

now we seek to cleanse the second taint. that of the swade. though we have shown only kindness, and tolerance toward them, they seek to act as barbarians. they have been consumed by war. and dragged their noble and civilized brethren to the south into the frey.

as we dissolve, our final act is to be a blow of vengeance. the storm of the north, the lengals, will be our tool. this shall be the last act of emor. for we will befcome one with the storm. we shall become it's eye. a Bastien of calm and development amongst their conquest.

but until the storm abates, we shall vanish into the mists. may peace be to our souls.

to myocaca.
you have respected us, and acted wisely in the time we have known you. stay out of this. this is a war to right an ancient slight. the swade must fall, either to you, the lengals, of to numifar. the atrocities they have committed upon our people throughout the ages have never been forgotten.
you on the other hand, have been gentle in dealing with our people. with you, we have no quarrel.
please, stay out of this battle, as a final request from our now vanished nation. nation.

Swissempire
Aug 10, 2006, 05:22 PM
a) Learn to type...
B) What ancient slight?
c) I doubt that such a large population of your nation, those of the Path of One, would suddenly abandon everything they beleived in for many centuries because of a short story
d)Why is anyone happy you got invaded....
e)We have treated you better than Myocaca, building roads, trading, giving you food when you were starving, teaching your people to farm better, so why this last blind lash out.
f)It was you who AGAIN betrayed your word and abandon the Swade in their hour of need, and Myocaca is not Emor, in fact most people don't routinly backstab.

Oruc
Aug 10, 2006, 05:37 PM
Are you quiting or something TerrisH?

Cuivienen
Aug 10, 2006, 05:42 PM
Meng-Ta-Li-Il works, however. ;)

I don't think Ta and Il are Chinese characters...

Oruc
Aug 10, 2006, 05:46 PM
They are Guangfei letters!

Edit: or Characters whatever the hell that means

Kentharu
Aug 10, 2006, 05:51 PM
i assume he is, since the lengel is taking over everything... its rather despressing... to see yellow everywhere

das
Aug 10, 2006, 05:57 PM
In a probably hopeless attempt to get the thread back on track:

Hopeless indeed, as the comments soon after that have indicated. Nice try though. I would do some diplo myself, but don't have anything meaningful to say to anyone at all, sadly.

Aug 10, 2006, 06:07 PM
To Gerber
From Tellium

We offer our assistance in returning this forum to its proper course by offering you trade. Welcome our purveyors of slightly evil commodities and we will include a beautiful set of raw-steak knives.

Wubba360
Aug 10, 2006, 08:13 PM
:dubious: I am confused! Are the lengels attacking me or not? Because all thesemixed messages i am getting are making me angry. Some people are all, we just want swade dead, but the lengels keep telling me i am next, so ahhhhhh:cry: [pissed] What is going on? If someone doesn't give it to me straight, there will be hell to pay god damn it! Hell to pay!:gripe:

alex994
Aug 10, 2006, 08:17 PM
Ta is indeed a Chinese character, though technically it means "him/he" though Il is *shrug* Stop butchering the language!!! :cry:

North King
Aug 10, 2006, 08:17 PM
Wubba: Just attack everyone. Something entertaining is bound to come of it. :)

Lord_Iggy
Aug 10, 2006, 08:18 PM
Maybe the Lengels just aren't telling you... *ominous*

North King
Aug 10, 2006, 08:22 PM
Speaking of which, Iggy, any chance of that map (keep in mind that my people have migrated out of the valley in the face of enemy attacks...)?

Wubba360
Aug 10, 2006, 08:22 PM
question iggy? Is emor now directly lengel territory or merely a puppet?

North King
Aug 10, 2006, 08:23 PM
TerrisH's stories would imply direct rule.

Swissempire
Aug 10, 2006, 10:00 PM
Diva Divine

The descent of the Acendancy was not entirely the fault of Suwapa's successor, Enpeesee, but history paints it so. But we're getting ahead of ourselves, we must examine the events before the dishonorable Nurmaferi invasion.

Suwapa, crazy fanatacism aside, was a good ruler, instituting reforms and improving lives. Its a shame he is only remebered for his "program", which was recently discovered to have been thought up by his wife who was having an affair with the General heading to Svitzerland. Suwapa had actually against the idea at first, but during a passioniate night, she whispered it to the General. He liked the idea and implemented it, saying Suwapa mandated it. It was so popular with the Bladeists that Suwapa took credit, even though it went against his morals.

But alas i have digressed. Anywho, as the Nurmafer invasion was drawing now, Suwapa began to become insane, more draw into himself, taking what was called "His Vacation". He was deposed, and his son, Enpeesee was appointed as ruler. But Enpeesee, only 20 years old was not the brightest person ever, he was shy and completely unready to be king. His inability to lead was shown when Nurmafer invaded. He was incompetant. Sintonia was taken, Chipland destroyed, Svitzerland split. He made peace with the Oneists, and continued to lose to Nurmafer. If it wasn't for Warmaster Luhk, who on his own intiative attacked into northern Nurmafer and taking Gastar. Then he went back to try and defend Swade. But then, after Nurmafer bridge the river, Luhk ran out....... of the City and Luhk left the Ascendancy and went all the way to Emor, where they killed him. By the end, the city had fallen and Enpeesee had almost given up hope. He was 52 years old and enternally hated. During the fall of the city he lit himself on fire and plunged off the top of the Necropolis.

The Swade then fell into hard times, very hard times. Enpeesee had no children, so Warmaster Igee took over. He did a good job, holding off the Nurmaferi, but ten years later he died. The Ascendancy needed a leader who wasn't always fighting, so they appoint Denet-hor, a famed politician and grandson to the General who had sex with the wife of Suwapa. Dent-hor was Steward of the Swade. He sucked. But that didn't matter, for he was left slaughtering Sentinel after Sentinel.

Around the time Denet-hor was appoint, a loyalist named Tisisfor Tehstoree traveled to Emor in search of the heir of Teissa, who would be the inheritor of the throne. They say miracles happen, and if you subscribe to Swade beleif, one happened the night Tisisfor found the heir. Teissa daughter gave birth to a beautiful daughter and then died. If you beleive what is said to have happened, her daughter, named Diva, was a Virgin birth. Scripture holds that her mother, Blesid, was given a daughter by the Blademaster even though she was 50. Tisisfor swept Diva away and raised her in secret for the next 20 years.

After the 20 years was up, Diva was suffeciently ready, she went to the provisional capital of Unchete, and confronted the Steward. But he would not give up the throne to some girl, he was grooming his eldest son for his position. But then news came that his eldest son was killed by the Nurmaferi's. In Denet-hors rage he attempted to kill Diva, but she turned the tables, killed him and assumed her rightful throne.

Diva was a firebrand, and she would stop at nothing to see the Swade glory regained. She could not be crowned Ascendant Master until the Necropolis was retaken, so she assumed the title of Divina. She reportedly speaks to the Blademaster, and she is the last hope of the Swade. She is the last hope of the Bladeists.

North King
Aug 10, 2006, 10:09 PM
Pain flared in his shoulder every time Kal took a step; even the merest shock from stepping on an upturned stone was intensely painful. The trail didn’t lack for upturned stones, either. They were merely hidden, covered by a thin layer of snow, just deep enough to obscure some of the bad twists in the ground.

He supposed he should be thankful that it wasn’t ice... Though the local goatherds who they had talked to by the roadside reassured them that the highest parts of the pass were always iced over. Kal didn’t fancy slipping and sliding, especially not if he landed on his wounded shoulder. And if a ramid would fall on the ice... Then things would be disastrous.

He gritted his teeth as his foot crunched the snow ahead of him and twisted up a rather large stone. He angrily kicked it aside, and was rewarded with another flash of pain. Just one more step.

He took his mind off of the pain for a moment by glancing up at the trail ahead. It wound up and up, further up than he had ever gone before. Kal was fit, but this hike was incredibly exerting. He had no choice, though, for the tribe was moving on–in fact, several tribes, with thousands of men and over a hundred wooly ramids were plowing their way through the snowy passes, to explore what lay beyond the mountains, and to escape the Fairhelters.

It hadn’t seemed that bad, when they had started up the path. The hills had gotten a little more rugged, and the path a little more twisted. Then the real journey had begun, and he had looked up from the base of a mountain and despaired... The path switched back numerous times, over and over, up and up, to what must be thousands of paces higher than he had ever gone before in his life. When they were only halfway up the mountain, he was tired, but it didn’t seem much further.

But then the path kept on going onward, and even though he kept reassuring himself that there was only a little further to go, it was harder and harder to convince himself of that.

He turned another switchback, sighing as he continued up to the pass.

Up the pass a bit, looking so much like any other person who had stopped to rest for a bit that he had almost missed her, was Miya, wrapped in a ramid fur cloak and looking thoroughly miserable. Kal remembered that her father had died in the battles against the Fairhelt, and felt a sudden urge to sit by her and comfort her.

The urge did not go away, and he hesitated. Then he mentally slapped himself for being so ridiculous. He had almost died at the point of a spear, and here he was, too cowardly to sit and talk to his adolescent sweetheart?

Forcing his tired legs (suddenly heavy as lead) into step over step, he walked up to Miya, whose face was red. From the cold? Or tears? Or something else?

He greeted her hesitantly, and she looked up at him, blinked, and wiped her eyes on the back of her sleeve.

“Hello, Kal.”

He looked into her eyes for a second, and his heart skipped a few beats.

“I know that there are plenty of other, perfectly good rocks to sit on nearby... But I was wondering if you’d mind if I sat here.”

“Oh...” Her eyebrow raised a fraction of a millimeter. “I suppose so.”

He carefully sat a measured distance from her–not too close, yet not very far.

“How are you holding up.”

“I... All right, I guess.”

He refrained from asking the obvious–it was clear that things were not at all “all right,” but as long as they both knew that, and knew that each other knew that...

“I’m... I’m so sorry, Miya,” he said, perfectly aware that he was sounding idiotic.

She snuffled slightly. “For what?”

“Your...” Out with it. “I should have been able to do more. I... I was so close to him when he died... I could’ve... I should’ve done something. But my arm was bleeding so much, and I could barely lift it...”

“It’s quite fine. You did all you could, I’m sure.” Suddenly her voice had turned icy cold. Damn.

“Look, Miya. I know you probably hate me for coming back where your father did not–” she glanced over, “–and I know that... That I’ve probably never been that interesting to you. But you’re the most beautiful girl in our tribe, and I wanted to know... You’re intelligent, you’re... Everything I could ever want. I wanted to know if you ever felt that way.”

She smiled, and his heart leapt.

“Once I felt that way. But now? No.” The smile froze. “You’re just a bratty little boy, who lived where my father died. Go away, Kal.”

Lord_Iggy
Aug 11, 2006, 01:01 AM
question iggy? Is emor now directly lengel territory or merely a puppet?Direct. And don't worry NK, your tribe is migrating southwards, and inland.

alex994
Aug 11, 2006, 01:30 PM
Once more, the Storm approaches

The death of Emperor Yi-Ga threw Guangfei was a sure yet still stunning thing. One of Emperor Yi-Ga’s greatest eccentricities was his fear of women. Indeed, he denounced them all as evil scheming manipulative witches and thus never consummated his so called marriage.(no offense) His grandnephew, Prince Ming, instead was brought in to Guanzhong to rule still a minor and under a regency. His grandmother, Grand Dowager Empress Xuan Zhuang took charge of the upbringing of the young Emperor as his own mother had died years ago when the young Emperor had been around 5 dying due to “infested lungs” as the doctors would say, leaving a deep mark on him.

As things went, Emperor Hui wasn’t that bad an Emperor. So far, he had only traveled around the Empire surveying the land himself taking in the conditions of the cities, the lives of the farmers, the bustle and trade of merchants, and even conversing with foreign merchants. Nothing abnormal or weird like Emperor Yi-Ga’s own trips, though as always, things always go bad. He fell in love, or so to speak, with the daughter of an Oneist mercantile family and she with him as well. Her family being mercantile was not an issue, Grand Dowager Empress Xuan Zhuang having come from a family of wealthy miners herself.

The problem was that she was Oneists. That phenomenon, others would say blasphemy, was something the aristocracy and upper classes of Guangfei was unable to comprehend outside of Qingdao. Worship one “Supreme Being?” Be loyal to the Church? Blasphemy! Loyalty to the Emperor, not a foreign Church! The daughter’s own parents insisted that her husband be of the Oneist faith as well, and the young Emperor, perhaps thinking with his second head instead of the one on his neck agreed.

At the last portion of the conversion ceremony was taking place, and before the fatal conversion itself, summons came from Guanzhong from his grandmother ordering him to not undergo the conversion ceremony until the marriage contract negotiations were over. In the presence of his elder sister, Princess Lianfei, negotiations were carried out for the marriage ceremony. Things went quite well, with the girl’s parents extremely happy over their future son in law’s position, and the Princess moaning over the lack of position her future sister in law had.

That all came to nothing, as there was one point neither side could agree to. The daughter’s parents demanded the conversion of the Emperor for marriage, something Princess Lianfei refused to even consider instead asking that their daughter return to the religion of their ancestors. As recent converts, perhaps even more fanatical, her parents refused to even consider returning to the “primitive” and barbaric religion of “Ancestor Worship.

The talk infuriated Princess Lianfei, and one day she and her entourage left, the Emperor with them still pining. Two weeks later, when he had regained a bit of common sense, his grandmother told him in a blunt and completely informal way exactly WHY he could not marry her for the good of the state. An Oneist Emperor, would only serve as a catalyst for rebellion from all the great lords and the upper class. To save the lives of thousands in any such horrible war, he must not marry her or any other Oneist.

She perhaps exaggerated the danger, but it was received and remembered. From that day on, Emperor Hui would remember what his grandmother said, and once more compare the Oneists to the “infested lung” that killed his mother. Years later, when he finally returned to Qingdao and at a reception met the women he once loved, he would say “Was it really for the best that you remained Oneist?”

alex994
Aug 11, 2006, 01:32 PM
Direct.

OOC: You know, even if the Emoran Leadership are full out hot gas, are there any chance that they'll get overthrown and active resistance mounted resulting in the massacre of the Emoran People? :p I mean, out of everyone else I think they deserved to get genocided the most, it would be a fitting end to a nation of traitors, first Veritas, then the Bladiest nations. ;)

north king, are you mocking kal'thzar? :confused:

Aug 11, 2006, 01:52 PM
Humanitarianism in Svitzerland

For many years the shanty town of Svitzerland had been an annoyance and an eye sore. It was hopped that the poor and miserable inhabitants would blend with Tellium as they were hired into Tellium’s growing economy. But the Bladists took little interest in such work. When their homeland found itself beset with invaders the Svitzerlandians eventually fled leaving only a few thousand dreggs who began migrating into Tellium's wealthiest districts.

The Board met in the old White Chamber. Though much smaller than the Assembly the Board members were tied much more personally to the decisions they made; such accountability lead to much more productive results.

The Chairman spoke up from the High Elder’s seat: The first order of business is Svitzerland. Since the invasions of Swade, Svitzerland has lost control of its people.

Defense advisor: It is also weak, providing an invader with easy access to the peninsula.

Trade advisor: Disaorder in Svitzerland also hampers trade with Verta.

Chairman: Agreed, our forces will have to restore order.

Labor advisor: It could be problematic to absorb them into our labor force, especially if they are disaffected with our method of assimilation.

Justice advisor: I think the best solution would be to expel them. Can they be returned home?

Transportation advisor: That could be problematic. I doubt our ships would be welcome in Swade after this.

Chairman: Give them an opportunity to leave. Those who wish to will be returned to the sea. Make sure to do so far enough away so as not to disturb those who elect to remain. The rest must convert to Oneism, those who do not choose either and instead wish to remain Svitzerlanders are traitors to Tellium. Execute them. What is the next order of business?

Spiritual advisor: Andama’s population has been growing rapidly. The temples there will soon be at full capacity. I would like to build a larger cathedral.

Chairman: I can see that our finance minister has much to say on that point so let’s take lunch now so that we can work through that issue without interruption.

Lord_Iggy
Aug 11, 2006, 02:06 PM
@alex- It's possible. You'll find out in the update.

Oh, BTW, I'm going away for the weekend, I'll be back on Sunday or Monday.

North King
Aug 11, 2006, 02:51 PM

No; the coincidence in names actually went unnoticed by me until I had already posted two stories.

And how would I be mocking anyone with that? :confused:

Wubba360
Aug 11, 2006, 04:05 PM
great stories!!!

Imago
Aug 11, 2006, 04:16 PM
You're going away, Iggy? Then when be the update? :(

Lord_Iggy
Aug 11, 2006, 04:40 PM
Early next week.

Oruc
Aug 11, 2006, 07:03 PM
OOC: You know, even if the Emoran Leadership are full out hot gas, are there any chance that they'll get overthrown and active resistance mounted resulting in the massacre of the Emoran People? :p I mean, out of everyone else I think they deserved to get genocided the most, it would be a fitting end to a nation of traitors, first Veritas, then the Bladiest nations. ;)

Veritas betrayed the Emorians first, Veritas's way of saying thank you for helping us defeat the Zibonese.

alex994
Aug 11, 2006, 07:28 PM
Veritas betrayed the Emorians first, Veritas's way of saying thank you for helping us defeat the Zibonese.

Actually no :p They marched into the former Emor giving out gifts and etc to get them to join Veritas while Emor marched into Veritas with fire and death :p

Oruc
Aug 11, 2006, 07:32 PM
Actually no :p They marched into the former Emor giving out gifts and etc to get them to join Veritas while Emor marched into Veritas with fire and death :p

And that wasnt a betrayal? they annexed the entire country, I suppose you would thank somebody if they did that perhaps bend over and allow them better access, rather then wanting to get even.

Edit: and stop with the damn smilies it doesnt prove anything, just makes you look like an arse.

Kentharu
Aug 11, 2006, 07:38 PM
it doesn't matter, emor is dead, lengel wins

enough spam

alex994
Aug 11, 2006, 07:42 PM
And that wasnt a betrayal? they annexed the entire country, I suppose you would thank somebody if they did that perhaps bend over and allow them better access, rather then wanting to get even.

Edit: and stop with the damn smilies it doesnt prove anything, just makes you look like an arse.

Well, the Veritasian "betrayal" fades in comparison to the Emorian betrayal. Sure, Veritas "betrayed" Emor, but nobody pretty much cared :p While the Emorian betrayal of Veritas was much much more decisive in ending the so called Great War, it is even probable that if Emor had not made that move, the war would have gone longer even if the tide had pretty much turned in the CRA's favor. :mischief:

I will keep on using smilies, because I don't give a damn what people think of me :p

Oruc
Aug 11, 2006, 07:53 PM
Well, the Veritasian "betrayal" fades in comparison to the Emorian betrayal. Sure, Veritas "betrayed" Emor, but nobody pretty much cared :p While the Emorian betrayal of Veritas was much much more decisive in ending the so called Great War, it is even probable that if Emor had not made that move, the war would have gone longer even if the tide had pretty much turned in the CRA's favor. :mischief:

I will keep on using smilies, because I don't give a damn what people think of me :p

The Emorians who left cared, I would rather have a decisive revenge then a petty one, teach them a lesson that they cannot push people around and get away with it, what better lesson then the destruction of their empire? Only genocide.
The Bladeists which you mentioned earlier did attack Emor, I dont see why "turning" on them is so bad, it isnt their fault the Bladeist took pity on them when they should have finished them.

The last part is false, everyone cares what others think of them, it only depends on how much.

Wubba360
Aug 11, 2006, 07:59 PM
may i remind you it was only that emor prosposed to us the proposition of the destruction of veritas that allowed them to live. Otherwise we would have finished them.

alex994
Aug 11, 2006, 08:10 PM
There, it's proven. Of course, one would say they traded the peaceful walkout that Veritas offered to the massacre. Hypocrites :mischief:

Perhaps my last remark should be "I don't care what any of you on this forum think about me" :p

Oruc
Aug 11, 2006, 08:20 PM
may i remind you it was only that emor prosposed to us the proposition of the destruction of veritas that allowed them to live. Otherwise we would have finished them.

So? you could have done it without their help, by letting them live you just opened yourself up to an eventual "betrayal".

You could have just disguised your ships as Emoran refugee ships, unless you didnt have any ships at the time.
I dont remember if you had ships at the time I was mostly annoyed at my suckiness.

There, it's proven. Of course, one would say they traded the peaceful walkout that Veritas offered to the massacre. Hypocrites :mischief:

Whats proven? it still wasnt a betrayal but a revenge attack.

Perhaps my last remark should be "I don't care what any of you on this forum think about me" :p

I think their are some, you do seem to idolise a few people, unless thats a joke, but jokes are hard to tell on the internet.

Wubba360
Aug 11, 2006, 08:31 PM
we did not have ships back then, bladism was hardly strong enough to challenge any nation as superior as veritas without foreign aid. We were a people on the rise at the time, so things could have been done but they were not so we must live with the cards we are dealt and choose what to do with the time that is given to us.

Swissempire
Aug 11, 2006, 10:59 PM
What actually happened: The Definitive Guide to the Fall of Veritas

1: Veritas gets all "look at me i'm a world power, blah di blah di blah" and colonizes OUR LAND

2: The Bladeist nation wanting to make a name for themselves, reclaim the colony, and attack the foreign invaders that are Emor.

3:Everything is all happy and good, we make peace with Emor, sign an allaince with the dirty backstabbers later, yadda yadda

4: Veritas gets all "look at me i'm a world power, blah di blah di blah" AGAIN and says it won't make peace with us and is going to destroy the Bladeists.

5: Because Veritas is all "look at me i'm a world power, blah di blah di blah" it tries to get together a coalition, but everyone is like "Go...away...Veritas"

6: Veritas gets distracted and never attacks, but continues to threaten, and won't make peace even though EMor is like "Veritas, make peace, jeezum"

7: Veritas continues to have its snobby ""look at me i'm a world power, blah di blah di blah" attitude, so the Swade and Emor, and then Myocaca plot to bring them down. It will be Swade Swordsman who do the fighting, getting into Veritas under the flag of Emorian ships. Myocaca is also brought into the fold

8: Emor gets a little excited, the Swade says we shouldn't massacre everyone in the city and burn it[1], only CAPTURE the Assemblum, but Emor kills so dudes, it gets out of hand, Swade mercy is overlooked.

__________________________________________________ ______
[1] Now a questioned decision, for it seems that Veritas repayed us by conquering our puppet nation and shinking our passenger ships, but you know... But if we had just killed them their things would be a lot easier.

Contempt
Aug 11, 2006, 11:16 PM
Swade mercy = Suwapa program?

Swissempire
Aug 11, 2006, 11:18 PM
Swade mercy = Suwapa program?
No Swade MErcy=Instructing Emor not to slaughter and burn Veritas.....

The Suwapa Program is relatively new and is explained in the story i recently posted

North King
Aug 11, 2006, 11:24 PM
OOC: Cut the bloody spam.

Unbelievably, at least to him, the pass had gotten colder the higher they had gone up.

The dirt trail had narrowed, and was gradually replaced by a rock terrace that was vaguely formed against the mountain; Kal could see the spaces in between the rocks he was walking on, and if he looked down, he got queasy, thinking how easily it looked like it might collapse. It was silly, really, considering that several ton wooly ramids had traipsed over the very same path, and they hadn’t fallen once.

But the eeriness of it all was enough to frighten anyone. The dark spaces inside the rock were one thing, but the fact that if you rested for long enough, that you could hear water trickling along inside of them. The tribe was crossing streams that they couldn’t even see, and crossing narrow, flimsy paths on the side of a ten thousand foot mountain, all the while finding it hard to breathe from the simple act of moving.

He was now taking the trail in bursts. He walked fifty feet, stopped, rested on a rock, got up, walked another fifty feet. He found that this method was working well for him, as he passed up other members of his tribe who were walking continuously, and he was using less water than them as well. Furthermore, it meant he got to rest every minute or two, which was beginning to seem essentially as they got higher.

They began to pass packed ice; on occasion he nearly slipped and fell, scolding himself for a foolish, clumsy teenager–even the ramids weren’t falling on this kind of ground.

His fingertips and toes began to grow numb, even though he didn’t really feel cold; the rest of him was moving fast enough that he was sweating profusely. He flexed his fingers and toes whenever he rested, though, just to make sure that they wouldn’t freeze to death on him.

He caught a glimpse or two of Miya down the path, but every time he saw her, he looked away, furious at himself. What did she know, anyway? She was just a foolish girl who he had once set his heart upon...

Angry again at himself, he resumed the long hike up the mountain.

The path was curving now, around the broad slope of the mountain, and his heart began to lighten. If the guides along the middle of the path had been right, when they rounded this bend, the pass would be in view, only a few hundred feet more up. Then his heart fell again, as he realized that a few hundred more feet up would take at least an hour with the pace that the tribe was moving at this pace.

He contented himself with his steady, short bursting walk, from locality to locality along the path, occasionally stopping to observe some of the things along the trailside, and always nearing the bend.

Forward a few dozen more feet, and Kal stopped, wiping his nose with the back of his sleeve. Snot had began to run the higher up he went, and it was starting to be a nuisance as his nose turned red, both from him rubbing it, and the cold chipping away at it ever so slowly. He paused before continuing forward. What was that noise? Like a far off rumble of thunder, but not ending at all...

His brow furrowing in concentration, Kal hurried forward now, only a hundred feet from the path’s bend... only fifty feet... only ten now... he was looping around the bend...

And all in a moment, he forgot about Miya and the Fairhelts and the streams back home.

Before him lay a valley like no other he had seen before, a valley surely cut by the gods themselves. The mountains rose to either side of it, pines carpeting half their slopes before petering out. The bottom was densely forested and teeming with birds. Far off in the distance, he saw the thunderous giant he had heard before: a tremendous waterfall plunged down hundreds of feet, its booming call echoing across the valley. And next to its top, by the source of the little stream that would widen into the Great River, beside the little stream that had carved out this monument to the genius of the gods, beside it was the pass. The pass of hope. The pass of freedom.

The Farow
Aug 11, 2006, 11:47 PM
I made my flag really quick for Croyodon. Not that great, but for a less then five minute creation, I like it.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8728/croyodonianflagoj8.png (http://imageshack.us)

Aug 12, 2006, 12:25 AM
NK, is that the same valley from Land Before Time? :)

North King
Aug 12, 2006, 10:07 AM
Nope. The inspiration was from a particular valley I hiked up in Colorado. Of course, the pass in the story is relatively higher, since while I was starting from 8,000 feet and going to 12,000 feet (I think), the Merhai were starting around 2,000 feet and going up to 10,000 feet. And I switched around some of the details of the geography for the sake of drama, not to mention to fit the area better.

Thlayli
Aug 12, 2006, 10:42 AM
Chip, is that a joke? Or is the pre-destruction angst just starting to get to you? :p

Oh, nice story NK.

das
Aug 12, 2006, 11:25 AM
Incidentally, about Veritas and Emor and their betrayals: the second betrayal was much worse as it was mostly senseless, useless and almost masochistic. The first one, at least, benefited Emor. The second one hurt, whether directly or not, both Emor and the Valins.

Thlayli
Aug 12, 2006, 01:25 PM
And this is all completely different from the betrayal that Emor used as their catalyst for war...that being Veritasan attempts to spread Oneism in the Bladeist jungles.

Though they were ambiguously received in Myocaca and not at all in Swade, they weren't the cause for the war that both nations waged on Emor, that was mere territorial expansion with a religious motivator.

das
Aug 12, 2006, 01:34 PM
Its probably because I'm not following the events there, but... what the hell are you talking about and what's so special about territorial expansion with a religious motivator?

alex994
Aug 12, 2006, 01:35 PM
OOC: You know thlayli, why haven't you responded to my story? I would assume some comments... :p

Kal'thzar
Aug 12, 2006, 02:31 PM
Though they were ambiguously received in Myocaca and not at all in Swade, they weren't the cause for the war that both nations waged on Emor, that was mere territorial expansion with a religious motivator.

Let me make this clear, I talked them into it, because i was eliminating your allies at this point (see gerbers too). This had the unforseen benefit of Emor turning to me :p

Thlayli
Aug 12, 2006, 02:35 PM
Its probably because I'm not following the events there, but... what the hell are you talking about and what's so special about territorial expansion with a religious motivator?

Oh, Veritas sent missionaries to the Bladeist areas, supposedly this was what touched off their war against Emor, though in reality it was just territorial expansion with religion tacked on as the casus belli. But the war cemented Emorian hatred of Veritasan arrogance, even though Veritas was carrying out the original mission tasked to Lord Emrus when he left for Emor...of course Emor failed to do any evangelizing, as we know.

And apparently Kal got the bladeists to attack Emor, which instead of fleeing to Veritasan protection like it should have, surrendered...that was a bit of a shock.

@alex: New Veritas is disturbed and hopes that no actions are taken to persecute the faithful of Valfei.

das
Aug 12, 2006, 02:40 PM
So... Why the senseless sneak attack?

Kal'thzar
Aug 12, 2006, 02:42 PM
Actually I think the war simply demonstrated that Emor would HAVE to depend on Vertisian help in fighting the bladeists. But on the same turn relations returned to normal in that quadrent. I destroyed your Naval Superiority. Thus Help from Veritas could no longer be guaranteed. Thus appeasment was the only viable solution.

alex994
Aug 12, 2006, 02:45 PM
You know thayli, if you hadn't actively planned to start preaching the One in Qingdao we wouldn't be having this problem :mad:

Thlayli
Aug 12, 2006, 02:45 PM
It really boiled down to pressure from the bladeists and Khemri, Emor's disgust at my attempts to continue the Great War, and a desire to get rid of percieved Veritasan arrogance/protectionism.

It was that betrayal, along with my inability to get the Gayanax Dynasty firmly established in Kehexou, that led to Veritasan defeat. Since really, the invasion had two components, the Veritasan-Davarian army which headed through Tekrehexou, and the Emorian-Kehex army which was supposed to land south of the Delta.

@alex: Well y'know, Ancestor Worship is a pretty weak religion. The problem is that it conforms to other beliefs so well... ;)

Kal'thzar
Aug 12, 2006, 02:48 PM
Frankly if you established the Gayanax Dynasty properly those isles would be coloured Khemri. I had a decent (allied) army that outsized the Kehx forces, out teched them, and I had Ramids on top of this.

I think Iggy just didn't want that territory to go to me (Plus the eco centre). :(

alex994
Aug 12, 2006, 02:50 PM
@alex: Well y'know, Ancestor Worship is a pretty weak religion. The problem is that it conforms to other beliefs so well... ;)

Yes, thus, Long Live Reactionarism. ;) And welcome St. Bartholomew's Day.... This is an OOC warning, stay and keep out. :mad:

Dachs
Aug 12, 2006, 02:54 PM
Vertisian
Veritas
lurker's comment: I'm sorry, but this is a pet peeve: Veritasian. Not too bloody hard. :p

Kal'thzar
Aug 12, 2006, 02:55 PM
sorry dachs, but this is primarly to irritate Thy :p

das
Aug 12, 2006, 02:56 PM
I was talking about the more recent senseless sneak attack, Thlayli.

Oruc
Aug 12, 2006, 03:00 PM
Incidentally, about Veritas and Emor and their betrayals: the second betrayal was much worse as it was mostly senseless, useless and almost masochistic. The first one, at least, benefited Emor. The second one hurt, whether directly or not, both Emor and the Valins.

The second betrayal (I would call it revenge) is not worse its better, they destroyed Veritas, if your going to do something dont do it half-arsed.

Thlayli
Aug 12, 2006, 03:03 PM
Let's take a PoD. After the battle of Guitar, I don't trust Shalamari's fake peace offer and instead massacre/deport the entire population of Khemri, as I probably should have. Attacking from fortified positions in the Crystal Ridge mountains, and along with an allied Gerber sick of Shalamari's evangelism, Veritas captures and occupies the majority of Shalamari, withdrawing after a brief tribute. Gorin becomes isolationist.

This would mean that the Lengels, when they arrive, sweep through the weakened CRA nations with ease, but is then confronted with Veritasan and Davarian forces attacking them from the south.

This could go two ways...either Veritas attacks first, and is decimated by the Lengel cavalry as it probably would be, having no mounted element, or the Lengels attack first, into pre-prepared Veritasan fortifications, and get slaughtered, being unused to siege warfare.

So we end up with either a Lengel dominated continent, or a Cold War between Veritas and the Lengels with the various Wardash states used as proxies in smaller wars. I for one like the current setup better...New Veritas is in a much more strategic position than the "old empires" of the Northwest.

Kal'thzar
Aug 12, 2006, 03:05 PM
Uhh Thy, you do know HOW i got horsies? I got them off Gammorea. You could have done the same if you were in that situation.

Thlayli
Aug 12, 2006, 03:09 PM
Yep, but I have no illusions about Lengels vs. Veritas. The Old Veritasan fighting style wasn't suited to fighting in open plains. Even if I did have cavalry, it would be like Romans vs. Mongols, or even Athenians vs. Mongols.

Oruc
Aug 12, 2006, 03:13 PM
But xen always said Romans would win

alex994
Aug 12, 2006, 03:15 PM
Xen always said stirrups were useless going against established historical opinion :p

North King
Aug 12, 2006, 03:15 PM
SPAM! Drowning... in... spam...

das
Aug 12, 2006, 03:17 PM
The second betrayal (I would call it revenge) is not worse its better, they destroyed Veritas, if your going to do something dont do it half-arsed.

You mean, don't do it like the Valins did. And it IS betrayal - if not of Emor, then of Valin national interests. Not that I care much for either, but it still was a pretty dumb thing to do, if only because the ones that benefitted from it the most were the Khemri, not known for their love of Veritas.

Oruc
Aug 12, 2006, 03:22 PM
You mean, don't do it like the Valins did. And it IS betrayal - if not of Emor, then of Valin national interests. Not that I care much for either, but it still was a pretty dumb thing to do, if only because the ones that benefitted from it the most were the Khemri, not known for their love of Veritas.

Wait which betrayal are we talking about here? the Successor states in old Veritas turning on the CRA? or the Emorians attacking Veritas? because Emorians arent valin they are Emorian.

das
Aug 12, 2006, 03:45 PM
Neither. I'm talking about Thlayli's senseless attack on the Emorian capital.

Thlayli
Aug 12, 2006, 04:02 PM
Oh, that was essentially for money. And also appeasement of the religious that wanted revenge against Emor, and to weaken their heretical sect's influence. Occupation of all Emor was sort of unnecessary.

das
Aug 12, 2006, 04:12 PM
You do realize the crippling effect this had on the Emorians the fall of whom, as I had already pointed out, put Khemri into the perfect position to conquer that ocean over which the various neo-Valin nations are spread out, right?

Swissempire
Aug 12, 2006, 11:48 PM
Dude, Kal. I approached you, saying not to worry that help was coming. You did no persuading of the Swade. We planned to kill Emor all along, it was just that Emor set out expansion claims that were arrogant, and Veritas had its colony, and then there was the evangalizing, i had all the Casus Bellies i needed.

Kentharu
Aug 12, 2006, 11:54 PM
how about you all shut up and stop spaming? It Does Not Matter. Emor is dead, Swade is dead, Veritas is Dead. Simple

Swissempire
Aug 13, 2006, 12:06 AM
Swade & Veritas=dead?
Too much crack for Ken

But seriously i fail to see how dicussing the history of a nes is spam. If you don't want to take part in the discussion, your free to not, but don't be a douche and tell everyone to shut up just because the convo doesn't revolve around you.....

Kentharu
Aug 13, 2006, 12:14 AM
you are repeating the same thing over and over again that is SPAM, stop it

Swade will be invaded by the Lengel-dead

Veritas is dead if you haven't noticed, completely, There is New Veritas but it is New... Veritas... not... Veritas

Thlayli
Aug 13, 2006, 12:27 AM
Or is it? (insert dramatic moment here)

@das: Perhaps. It was rather a given that Emor was going to be occupied, either by Khemri or the Lengels. The revenge still needed to go through because of the various reasons. Emor would provide an obstacle to Khemri regardless of what we did, and the neo-Valin states have little objection to the Lengels occupying it.

In terms of Khemri conquering anything across the Exodian Ocean, the combined League navies are virtually unchallengable. Hence the creation of the League in the first place.

Swissempire
Aug 13, 2006, 12:36 AM
you are repeating the same thing over and over again that is SPAM, stop it

Not really, in fact your the only one spamming her because you add nothing to the conversation and only detract from it with your futile and douchey attempts to seem mature and stop a conversation which you and your all important self deem spammy even though if this was about Gorin, you'd be fine with it.

But now you;ve got me spamming defending myself so I shall put in my two cents on the Balin isssue and sleep.

I think the Valin revenge on Emor was justified and just in time. It legitimizes New Veritas in this new order of the world, gives the people closure and creates prestige for a nation stripped of its previous.

alex994
Aug 13, 2006, 12:36 AM
I'm not going to make any comments on the "Valin League" suffice to say, hopefully a massive tsunami will come and end it :p You have noticed that the Valin League nations would be severely weakened in the case of a massive tsunami throughout the Exodian Sea no? ;)

Kentharu
Aug 13, 2006, 01:13 AM
again, stop spaming swiss

Aug 13, 2006, 02:33 AM
OOC:
This discussion is very valuable history for me. I read through the first thread, but despite Iggy’s great history summary on page one, going back through looking for something specific is very time consuming.

I don’t see just how is it that the Veritasians were allowed to leave after the world’s most powerful nations had allied to crush them and why were Tellium, Kalmer and Verta allowed to rule themselves as republics? Why were the victors so generous?

alex994
Aug 13, 2006, 02:39 AM
OOC: Because the CRA ruling the territory directly would not be profitable. Instead, setting up vassal states each with 2 rural economy with 1 economy sent to the master "CRA" state is more profitable with no fees attached such as military defense, government running and etc ;)

das
Aug 13, 2006, 03:43 AM
They were too far away to administrate directly with any efficience. Plus they were utterly useless to everyone involved, so they merely neutralized the region of former Veritas so that no new threat to them could come from there, upsetting their greater plans.

Kentharu
Aug 13, 2006, 04:10 AM
and the Lengel... dont forget them

It would be tough to keep control of those regions directly with a huge power like the Lengel looming and rebelions would happen quickly

Kal'thzar
Aug 13, 2006, 06:32 AM
Dude, Kal. I approached you, saying not to worry that help was coming. You did no persuading of the Swade. We planned to kill Emor all along, it was just that Emor set out expansion claims that were arrogant, and Veritas had its colony, and then there was the evangalizing, i had all the Casus Bellies i needed.

Really strange, I explicitly remember discussing with my allies people to get involved in the war...*shrug* maybe we both realised it was mutually beneficial.

Kal'thzar
Aug 13, 2006, 06:39 AM
In terms of Khemri conquering anything across the Exodian Ocean, the combined League navies are virtually unchallengable. Hence the creation of the League in the first place.

Strictly speaking this is true; ALL valin nations have a fleet about 2.5 times the size of mine (although its HEAVILY lacking in "capital" ships, if this was battleships and destroyers, you wouldn't be able to *touch* me, anyway). And their combined economy is 19 to 7 (5, then 6).

However you overlook the main deficiency of a League. Multiple people, and individual self intrest :p.

das
Aug 13, 2006, 06:46 AM
Indeed. Plus the Khemris have far more resources than you do. They could simply mass-produce a huge navy, divide the league by a cunning diplomatic maneuver and then defeat its members one by one.

Technically I give this advice out of Valinophobia, but I won't be opposed to Kal gratefully rewarding me with southern Mogul lands for it. Please? :p

Kal'thzar
Aug 13, 2006, 06:56 AM
Cunning diplomatic move no#1 Gerber, just invade kalmar/tellium you get a coast line.

das
Aug 13, 2006, 07:09 AM
I don't really want (or need) a coastline. I want the southern Mogul lands to complete my Mogul lands collection. :p

Kal'thzar
Aug 13, 2006, 07:17 AM
Mogul collection is very rare. no trade.

Kal'thzar
Aug 13, 2006, 09:21 AM
King Ptolmey I was a new leader. A leader of a politically United peoples. Religiously they were sharply divided. Crystalism and Oratheism lay mostly to the north west, along the mountain ranges and the Heartlands of former Nurmafer, Oratheism was dying out, being taken over by Andues, however Crystalism was a fairly self sufficient Religion, stable. And used to living alongside those of the Andues faith.

What worried him was that Oundainty, a new religion, driving a people who had tried to conquor Khemri, or parts of it, on numerous occasions was suddenly under the same rule as He, an Ardent Beleiver in the Andues teachings, its culture. Its penchant for change. His Wife, the Kehx princess, Iman, beleived in the elemental religion. He had TRIED on numerous occasions to convince her of truth, All gods were equivilent, it was merely cultural trends that shaped the different details, explained in detail the nessecity for change, an ability to adapt to truths as they were revealed to those Holy Priests. Her counter arguments were he had to admit, Impressive, she spoke with energy, true faith. But they fell off his rational exterior, water of a ducks back.

His eyes however, drifted to the attendents, the males attending to her, looked him with questions in their eyes, females scoffed. He casually turned round, asking an attendent to bring some Kiso wine. This time the males were scoffing at Iman, the Women, looking inquisitive. Of course this picture was not absolute, there were many attendents that still truly beleived in Andues, the same could be said of Princess Iman's Attendents. He pondered the question. This he thought was a great oppurtunity. A uniting idea could be forged from this. First however, major doctrinal differences would have to be ironed out. He was confident that the elementals would be shown to be in simple fact, a single God, A united Spirit, Emya they called it. On the other hand, the theological interpetation of Oundainty in relation to the human spirit, was likly to be incorperated into Andues, it was quite advanced.

Then he could use his political power, and well the disunity of the religious powers, to shape them. Change the only eternal constant, was his watchward. He looked at the plans for the revival and restructuring of the Pillars of Alaxau, hopefully he could change enough to conicide with the completion of this project. Or rather his ancestor would. A lifes work, almost incidental to the Glorious war he was embarking on with the Lengels.

He had talked to his wife about the Kehx Culture, Iman was oft amused at the pillow talk, but talked, and he was intrested in the late Kehx Queens poetic writing as a young Ruler.

Can hope be found
When the sun comes again?
Tears still fall down
In a day without rain.

He Sorely beleived he and his wider were the new Dawn, The Sun Lords lived on.

Kal'thzar
Aug 13, 2006, 09:31 AM
Memoirs of A King

I have oft been asked wether I resent paying tribute to the Lengels. Its not so much a question of wether I resent it or not, but how much I'm willing to pay to have Powerfull friends.

EDIT: just so you guys know, I'm kinda disapointed in the CRA, even if it was just waiting to fall apart at the seams. Anyway, Contempt has given me his word, and I'm paying him, what can I say? Good allies are hard to find.

~Darkening~
Aug 13, 2006, 02:23 PM
*drowns in an intense struggle to swim through the huge pool of spam*

Several things:

Emor betrayed Veritas, in my eyes, only to get good with the bladeists. Thats it. Nothing more, nothing less. Rather than accepting our help and actually putting up a fight, he just- like so many others- bent on over. I only took par (the smallest at that) in the attack on Emor for a little revenge. ;].

Swiss wth are you smoking? The only reason you didn't order the raze of Veritas was because you knew it would come back to bite you. You've killed thousands of other Oneists, why else would you "spare" it? Don't try to bs it now. Remember, at the time, the war could have still dragged out for a while longer.

Second: Religious wars all around! Yay!

Imago
Aug 13, 2006, 04:31 PM
Four pages of debate on the various betrayals of Veritas and Emor isn't spam, it's...on topic spam. :mischief:

But without it, would we have been able to reach page 21 of the new thread without an update? I don't think so.

As for my opinion, I belive Emorian betrayal of Veritas was less of a betrayal, and more of an eventuality. After siding with the bladists, the only real way Emor could expand was through Veritas.

The New Veritasian alliance to that ruined Emor without taking it, however, that was more unnecessary, from a tactical standpoint. We Valin states could have used our resouces in other persuits. But as Thlayli said, the former Veritasians wanted closure.

(And for me, at least, the sack of the Emorian capital was a complete sucess. Norvalin lost nothing, was not in a position to gain Emorian terrirtory anyway, and gained a bonus eco point.)

TerrisH
Aug 13, 2006, 04:59 PM
hmm, Emorian standpoint of the attack on Vertis:
the end to a Pointless war, which would serve no purpose other then to spil more blood. and shock and sadness that they read the situation wrong. (they relized soon after the amuris was wrong, and they should have just held the assimblum hostage instead. main reason they changed goverments, and part of the reason the path of god was developed.)

Recent Attack: Final Justice. the One/God has chosen for their nation to end. for now at least. Vertis has advenged the wrong they afflicted so long ago, and an opertunity has come to deal with the Darker side of the Bladest. though it may bring ruin upon the Lighter side of the Bladest, it is a small price to pay.

Veiw on Lengals. the respect their acomplishments, and see in them what they once dreamed to be. though their goals are now difrent. still, they are the best choice to to manage their nation while they presue these goals.

Thlayli
Aug 13, 2006, 05:09 PM
With respect to Emor, New Veritas would accept any non-heretical refugees that flee, and would be happy to grant them land as colonists.

EDIT: Oh, and regarding the post-Iron Age discussion, it's really dependent on Iggy, and us, to determine what it could be. Based on what our actions are, and the pace of technology, the next age could be Imperial, Classical, Dark, or something else entirely.

Kentharu
Aug 13, 2006, 05:23 PM
that is so much crap terrish

conehead234
Aug 13, 2006, 05:23 PM
Trinlin orders have been sent.

Cuivienen
Aug 13, 2006, 08:07 PM
When should we expect the update, Iggy?

Thlayli
Aug 13, 2006, 11:13 PM
He's away for the weekend. The word on the street (Iggy) is that it'll be "early next week," so we're probably looking at Tuesday.

Swissempire
Aug 14, 2006, 12:34 AM
Dude, just spent 3 1/2 hours sending orders DURING A SLEEPOVER. If thats not dedication ,i don't know what is.

alex994
Aug 14, 2006, 12:42 AM
I find surprising the complete lack of humility from the players whose people had to flee across the ocean. I would assume you at least would try to be humble... :confused:

You know swiss, you're pretty much doomed. :( In fact, I think I'm doomed too... :cry: This turn that is.

das
Aug 14, 2006, 02:07 AM
Btw, anybody else annoyed by all these ridicilous, utterly unrealistic exoduses? I mean, the Valin one was terrible, but when all those other imitators joined it, the unthinkable happened - it got even worse!

Lord_Iggy
Aug 14, 2006, 02:33 AM
You have noticed that the Valin League nations would be severely weakened in the case of a massive tsunami throughout the Exodian Sea no?Last earthquake, 912. Look at the current year.

Oh, and regarding the post-Iron Age discussion, it's really dependent on Iggy, and us, to determine what it could be. Based on what our actions are, and the pace of technology, the next age could be Imperial, Classical, Dark, or something else entirely.It will be Imperial. Classical is just late Iron Age in my view of things, and Dark... there's no reason to come up with the name 'Dark Age' if there's nothing particularly bad going on.

Btw, anybody else annoyed by all these ridicilous, utterly unrealistic exoduses? I mean, the Valin one was terrible, but when all those other imitators joined it, the unthinkable happened - it got even worse!I was wondering when someone would bring that up...

Veritas was somewhat acceptable, Davar... less so, and the few Malkavians who fled were like the pilgrims who traveled to America, a relatively small group. Plus the Citadel helped them.

And I'm back now, though the updating will be difficult.

Oh, and punch JD for me please. Not that it's his fault, but I need somewhere to vent my anger. :p

das
Aug 14, 2006, 03:19 AM
How about you throw a dice every time someone wants an exodus? They only get to found a new nation for more than a few days (if at all) if they get a six, because the amount of things that could go wrong with exoduses is overwhelming and the odds of them being even slightly succesful very small indeed.

Lord_Iggy
Aug 14, 2006, 03:28 AM
Yeah, I'm just not very good at intentionally upsetting people, as you probably have figured out by now. I'll have to crush that part of my personality.

BTW, could people, when sending amendments, just resend their orders with amendments in the same PM? It makes difficult updating easier.

Kal'thzar
Aug 14, 2006, 04:28 AM
Iggy let me do the intentionally upsetting people thing :D

Oruc
Aug 14, 2006, 07:50 AM
Veritas was somewhat acceptable, Davar... less so, and the few Malkavians who fled were like the pilgrims who traveled to America, a relatively small group. Plus the Citadel helped them.

I was kinda annoyed you made me flee, I wanted to stick it out

Thlayli
Aug 14, 2006, 09:40 AM
Well, the Veritasan exodus was fairly well planned, and the people of Veritas have had a strong naval tradition, and also had a large navy and large civilian/merchant/fishing fleet. Not to mention, I never imagined the northern group getting as far as Norvalin...Orum was a more likely location.

No comment on other exoduses. (exodusi?) ;)

das
Aug 14, 2006, 09:49 AM
Things got unrealistic at the very point someone actually PROPOSED an exodus and so many people actually went along. Any real historical analogues there?

Kal'thzar
Aug 14, 2006, 10:22 AM
probably my fault, I told Nurmafer to go on an exodus when I invaded them.

das
Aug 14, 2006, 10:28 AM
Well, fortunately alex is correcting that little slip of yours now...

Kal'thzar
Aug 14, 2006, 10:29 AM
Something tells me he ain't :p

LittleBoots
Aug 14, 2006, 10:32 AM
Meh, the exoduses would be more realistic if all these nations were still tribes, that happened a lot when the big bad steppe peoples would come into Germany and Eastern Europe every once in a while for tea.

As for more established examples? Usually its more of a diaspora than an organized exodus. I guess Israeli kingdoms come to mind, though I'm no expert there. The split up of the Valins actually makes a lot of sense to me, one exodus got broken up all over the place into a lot of smaller countries.

Nurmafer's makes a little bit of sense if Kal told them to migrate. Reference the established Native Americans being forced into different lands by colonists.

Also, some of the Iberian jostling in the Dark Ages was similar to this, but they didn't move that much. Kingdom of Asturia, successor to visigoths, changed around quite a bit, but still in the same area.

But I babble. I'm not protected the exoduses, just providing some examples. Tear them to shreds if they're wrong, I'd rather learn than think I'm right :p

(exodusi?) ;)

Not to nitpick, but it'd be Exodi if you wanted to be Roman. :p

das
Aug 14, 2006, 10:45 AM
I guess Israeli kingdoms come to mind, though I'm no expert there.

Ahem. They had civil wars and were conquered. And even then, pretty much all of them stayed in place - the Babylonians had to drag them away to send them into exodus. And even then, it took several more devastating conquests and enslavements to get the Jews to actually start spreading around the world.

And that was one of the occassions that came the closest!

North King
Aug 14, 2006, 11:19 AM
Aeneas might qualify, though his was more one noble fleeing and establishing a new nation (if the legend is true, in any case)... Quetzalcoatl of the Toltecs is a much better one--leaving with all of his followers on ships--though his empire that he conquered then again mostly consisted of Maya subjects... But yeah, it happens a little too much.

But I know what you mean, Iggy. If I had been thinking straight, the Portuguese exodus in stNNES7 should've failed as well; it's simply too far to lug an entire populace. In all honesty, the most that should happen is the above examples: a leader flees, perhaps with his armies, but they don't completely resettle a nation of their own people; it mostly consists of conquered subjects.

Kal'thzar
Aug 14, 2006, 11:22 AM
I.e. White Malay in DisNES. The Conquorers provide the new Elite?

das
Aug 14, 2006, 11:33 AM
That one does happen fairly often. Not as often with the exodii.

Contempt
Aug 14, 2006, 12:05 PM
Orders will be sent later today. So tired...

Lord_Iggy
Aug 14, 2006, 12:36 PM
@emu- Only a small part of your population fled, the large majority remained, resisted, and were occupied.

@das- Nortugal... :p

Yeah, the leader with a different people is what happened with the Citadel.

Starting update now, BTW. I'll do non-Lengel stuff first.

Sorry if it may come late. I've got several things slowing me down:

1. My best friend is moving away in a few days.
2. I have to fix several brass instruments for my band teacher.
3. I'm doing a correspondance course, as I've said before, and I have to put in about 6 hours a day in order to finish it before I'm back in school.
4. JalNES.

jalapeno_dude
Aug 14, 2006, 12:40 PM
Yeah, the leader with a different people is what happened with the Citadel.

It was more of a character type than a people, though. The Prophet managed to travel through most of the known countries, and attracted people as he went.

das
Aug 14, 2006, 12:41 PM
@das- Nortugal...

Yes, that and tossitrek. But I do learn from my mistakes. ;)

Lord_Iggy
Aug 14, 2006, 12:52 PM
Then let me make a few mistakes and let us all assume that the Exodian Ocean is unusually easy to cross.

North King
Aug 14, 2006, 12:53 PM
Can we call it the Pacific, then? Or maybe go further, and call it the "Conducive Ocean". Hmm... Doesn't quite roll off the tongue. How about, "Pleasurecruise Sea?"

Kentharu
Aug 14, 2006, 12:55 PM
If you wanted a real NES make a military coup and take over the government of your country, if not, then it don't really matter :p

Symphony D.
Aug 14, 2006, 12:58 PM
Yes, that and tossitrek. But I do learn from my mistakes. ;)
Lurker's Comment I was fully expecting him to make it to northern Scandinavia and raise a mighty Viking scourge in retribution for having been killed so many times...

Lord_Iggy
Aug 14, 2006, 01:02 PM
Can we call it the Pacific, then? Or maybe go further, and call it the "Conducive Ocean". Hmm... Doesn't quite roll off the tongue. How about, "Pleasurecruise Sea?"Exodian is fine.

Starting updating the Peripheral nations now.

North King
Aug 14, 2006, 01:03 PM
Exodian is fine.

Given that I don't have a border with it, you don't need to worry. :p

jalapeno_dude
Aug 14, 2006, 01:05 PM
Did we ever end up with a name for our continent?

Lord_Iggy
Aug 14, 2006, 01:09 PM
Not yet, no.

jalapeno_dude
Aug 14, 2006, 01:12 PM
Looking through my old orders, I believe I proposed Galasia, though I don't quite know why. :p

das
Aug 14, 2006, 01:25 PM
It would've been easier had we had a lingua franca of some sorts around here. But as we don't, everybody will name it as he will. We're calling it the World - those parts of the World outside of it are merely the Outlands. Bloody outlandish exodii! ;)

Cuivienen
Aug 14, 2006, 01:46 PM
Kelios names its continent, when it understands the concept, Alti-naire ("Future-perfection").

Kal'thzar
Aug 14, 2006, 01:59 PM
The common people of the UKKK have a simple understanding of the world.

UKKK, and NOT UKKK. Not arrogant at all :p

Contempt
Aug 14, 2006, 02:12 PM
Orders sent. Only one pm this time too.

Aug 14, 2006, 02:14 PM
Why have the Khexians assimilated so easily into the UKKK? Also lets call that area Khex Bay. I also plan on referring to the sea around Tellium as "Tellium's Coast"

Cuivienen
Aug 14, 2006, 02:16 PM
1889, it's already called the Kehexou Sea.

alex994
Aug 14, 2006, 02:20 PM
My objective was achieved and thus war is no longer required :p

Yes, the Valin exodus and every other exodus after that is wrong. :mad: If you ask me, they should all be destroyed by another massive tsunami! Stupid valins, always so arrogant ;)

Aug 14, 2006, 02:20 PM
1889, it's already called the Kehexou Sea.

Brilliant, even better than Kehexou's Coast!

Kal'thzar
Aug 14, 2006, 02:28 PM
Why have the Khexians assimilated so easily into the UKKK?

Good Question, I'm addressing that with my Religious Engineering, but I need some time to pass, for the relevant manipulation to take place :p

Other than that, Currently their floating on Political power (united dynasties).

Lord_Iggy
Aug 14, 2006, 02:40 PM
Yup. In the update, you'll see some problems with the uniting of two major nations.

But I will say no more. Yet.

Kal'thzar
Aug 14, 2006, 02:44 PM
Damn its a major componant? I was hoping for merely dissent. Possibly some problems with my vast Economic development programme, but nothing serious.

alex994
Aug 14, 2006, 02:46 PM
How did my reforms and etc go iggy? :(

Lord_Iggy
Aug 14, 2006, 02:48 PM
I'm not saying. But I will assure Kal that it is nothing that causes major damage.

jalapeno_dude
Aug 14, 2006, 02:49 PM
I'm not saying. But I will assure Kal that it is nothing that causes major damage.
That's no fun. :p

Kal'thzar
Aug 14, 2006, 02:55 PM
*relaxes* Well I can manage I'm sure.

*pleads*

Lord_Iggy
Aug 14, 2006, 03:12 PM
Mayyyybe I should just say nothing.

Swissempire
Aug 14, 2006, 03:34 PM
It probably makes no difference, but the Swade Scholars call the continent Undle coming from the word First(Una) and the word Creydle(Home) in ancient Swadeskrit.

OOC: I nominate this because it a combination of first/begging, and cradle, since its the begginng of life and the cradle of life.

Lord_Iggy
Aug 14, 2006, 03:38 PM
Technically, you're out of the cradle Swiss. The cradle is the land you can see in Update 1.

~Darkening~
Aug 14, 2006, 03:40 PM
eh. Remember that it was Iggy himself who suggested the idea of an exodus to me first- blame him. I was pretty shocked at the number who participated anyways.

Remind me again, what is Tellus?

Yes, the Valin exodus and every other exodus after that is wrong. If you ask me, they should all be destroyed by another massive tsunami! Stupid valins, always so arrogant

Its a good thing I'm not Valin then, huh?

Swissempire
Aug 14, 2006, 04:20 PM
Technically, you're out of the cradle Swiss. The cradle is the land you can see in Update 1.
I know, thats why craydle in Swadeskrit means home. But in OOC terms i think its a good name.

Kentharu
Aug 14, 2006, 04:27 PM
how far is the update?

Lord_Iggy
Aug 14, 2006, 04:28 PM
Pretty far away. I'm trying a new updating method, doing spending stats first, then updating.

North King
Aug 14, 2006, 04:32 PM
That's what I do. :)

jalapeno_dude
Aug 14, 2006, 04:42 PM
I update both at once. Makes it easy to write about domestic events.

Thlayli
Aug 14, 2006, 04:56 PM
Tellus is interchangably used to describe the entire world, and the "main continent" which applies to everything north of Swade's mountains. Hence the Valin Exodus was "out of Tellus," not the entire world, but can apply to the former definition since they were leaving the civilized world.

I think that I've cracked down pretty well on my habit of annoyingly revealing details before the update...but I'm tempted. ;)

Kal'thzar
Aug 14, 2006, 05:08 PM
**** your not invading ME of all people are you? You seem to be going on a avenging old scores spree.

EDIT: Hmm first time I swore on CFC....I blame whats happening in the rest of my life...too much stress.

North King
Aug 14, 2006, 05:10 PM
Thlayli, that's just about as annoying. :p

Lord_Iggy
Aug 14, 2006, 06:47 PM
Ikki. Ignore this post, it's a reminder for me about stats.

Kal'thzar
Aug 14, 2006, 06:49 PM
Updated down to Ikki.?

Lord_Iggy
Aug 14, 2006, 06:52 PM
With the stats, yes. This update seems to be very unstructured, though I'll try to fix that.

Kozmos
Aug 14, 2006, 07:40 PM
Whats with everone saying how they folks call stuff?

Well okay my say for the continent 'The big thing over there'.

alex994
Aug 14, 2006, 09:02 PM
I KNEW IT! Thlayli invaded Qingdao! Oh this is sooo sweet :evil:

I assume my attempts at the "thing" in Qingdao failed iggy? :(

Lord_Iggy
Aug 14, 2006, 09:12 PM
I'm saying nothing.

Other than 'Send orders Strategos!'

alex994
Aug 14, 2006, 09:35 PM
Iggy, can we expect update by tomorrow morning?

Swissempire
Aug 14, 2006, 11:09 PM
Is confidence a new stat?

alex994
Aug 14, 2006, 11:11 PM
We've had that for a LOONG time

das
Aug 14, 2006, 11:58 PM
I half-hope Thlayli doesn't do something stupid, and half-hope that he does and it backfires. All in good spirit ofcourse. ;)

Lord_Iggy
Aug 15, 2006, 01:06 AM
Don't expect the update to come soon alex.

I may have to lower quality for parts of the update now and in the future, as my schedule is starting to get more crowded.

Rascirai. This word means nothing other than being the name of a NES nation. Don't try to take any meaning from it.

Lord_Iggy
Aug 15, 2006, 01:36 AM
Mmkay, things that need names:

The Continents, the mountain range and rivers in Gamorrea, and the mountain range on the western coast of the cradle's continent.

Just felt like making a list.

Kentharu
Aug 15, 2006, 03:59 AM
if it is the mountain range to the west of Gorin then name it the Basu range please

Kozmos
Aug 15, 2006, 04:03 AM
Yarr my main island is called Equilibrium. For the rest I dont careth.

The Strategos
Aug 15, 2006, 05:29 AM
I'm saying nothing.

Other than 'Send orders Strategos!'

Someone must have deleted my orders since according to my sent message box, I sent them on Aug 10, 6:01 AM. :nono: Nevertheless, I resent them.

Swissempire
Aug 15, 2006, 08:29 AM
The continent with the Cradle should either be Undle or Crasia
The new continent should be Newlind

Thlayli
Aug 15, 2006, 08:32 AM
Gwah! I had a dream that the update came. Everything went horribly.

Then again, I also had a dream that I was shipped off to a military base in South America, so that tells you how accurate my dreams are. ;)

The continent that New Veritas is on, being everything south of Swade's mountains, is called Salvatoria. I'm sure Guangfei will have a different name, though.

Swissempire
Aug 15, 2006, 08:41 AM
You are foreign intruders, if you want to split it, everything south should be Wegofra(Large land in Swadeskrit) we were here first:p

Thlayli
Aug 15, 2006, 08:42 AM
True, but we'll be here last. ;)

alex994
Aug 15, 2006, 08:44 AM
True, but we'll be here last. ;)

Not if I have anything to say about it :mischief: Typical Valin arrogance :p You know, by now there should be like a famous quote about Valin/Veritasian arrogance :lol:

Swissempire
Aug 15, 2006, 08:45 AM
Well, i apologize for not exodusing when the going gets rough. If i had been here, i assure the Sintonia Annexation would have happened much differently. But now Bladeists and Oneists are faced with the greatest threat of all.

An unstoppable heathen horde:eek:

alex994
Aug 15, 2006, 08:47 AM
Thlayli actually seems to support and aid the "unstoppable heathen horde" :p

Thlayli
Aug 15, 2006, 08:50 AM
Well technically, they're only semi-heathen. Hence, they get our semi-support.

Swissempire
Aug 15, 2006, 09:01 AM
Famous Sayings in the World

On Valins ArrogancevA new day, a new boast
WHen you do something stupid man, thats like making a deal with an Emorian
On Guangfei *squints eyes*Ohh yaa, i lova chop sueeeeyyy
If somethings unbeleivable Ya, and i was killed by a Myocacan
If you don't like someone Man, he makes the Swade look nice
If somethings unbeleivable That was right after that Swade and Valin wedding right
When you don't like someone/thinks he's homosexual He's got that Nurmaferi state of Mind
Mofo=Lengellover Damn you, you Lengellover
SoB= Son of an Eldranian Son of an Eldrania, he's good
Crude Joke Your pen15 makes Chipland look big
There is more acne on your face than people in Svitzerland
Something Vicious= A Shalamari Revenge
Someone who sold you out We started with a gorinese handshake
Make like a Valin and X-o-dis
When your skepitcal of something Ya, and i'm the Sultan of Sintonia*
When your about to get freaky naughty I'm gonna make the Eldranians look sane
Famous book= Swade Sutra;)

*Commonly used by bouncers

alex994
Aug 15, 2006, 09:04 AM
I get most of it, but what on earth does "On Guangfei" mean....

Kozmos
Aug 15, 2006, 09:06 AM
Chip you just won the award of the Guatamalan bean farmer from Terrish.

das
Aug 15, 2006, 09:08 AM
Its more like an Afghan opium farmer, IMHO.

Swissempire
Aug 15, 2006, 09:09 AM
Thank you.....I think.

On Guangfei=COncerning Guangfei=I was making fun of you Chinafolk

alex994
Aug 15, 2006, 09:11 AM
Now I'm rooting for contempt to exterminate and genocide the Swade People.... ;)

das
Aug 15, 2006, 09:14 AM
I'd join in but they're too far away. ;)

Swissempire
Aug 15, 2006, 09:16 AM
I'd join in but they're too far away. ;)
Some good old Gerberian Hospitality;)

Swissempire
Aug 15, 2006, 09:19 AM
Now I'm rooting for contempt to exterminate and genocide the Swade People.... ;)
How did you not get that at first:confused: It wasn't even a good one because its hard to put on a chinese accent when your typing.

das
Aug 15, 2006, 09:20 AM
Don't worry, we won't let you down - feel free and visit us, one can never have too many sacrifical quasihumans.