View Full Version : Utility: MapStat

chiefpaco
Mar 12, 2002, 03:35 PM
This Windows or Macintosh compatible utility for Civ III offers the following:

Track your domination victory* progress:
MapStat can compile the map and population information of a CivIII save game. With this information, it displays precisely how many more tiles and city population each Civ needs to trigger a domination victory. Numbers may also be displayed in percentages.

Export your city statistics:
After opening a .sav file, you can export your city statistics (same information as the domestic advisor "F1" screen) to a tab-separated file that spreadsheet programs can read. The totals are also summed and written.

Gather map terrain Statistics:
The total terrain count details are also viewable for .sav files by selecting "View Terrain Counts" in the "File" menu. BIC map files are also compatible with MapStat. No Civ owns territory in a BIC map file but you can view the terrain statistics.

*Domination victory is triggered by owning greater than 2/3 of the total world's land+coast and total world's population at the beginning of your next turn (see FAQ for more information).

There are two versions of MapStat: Windows and Java. The windows version is the latest version and is heavily recommended for all Windows users. Mac users must use the Java version. Please note that a Java Run-time Environment must be installed on any computer to support the Java version. More details can be found in this thread.

A PTW-compatible version of Mapstat is available now here:
Mapstat PTW Alpha 2 (http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/mapstat_3.1_alpha2.zip)

To download the non-PTW windows version, see below several posts. Or, try this link:
Mapstat Windows Executable (http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=347987)

The latest Java version 2.1, JMapstat is posted far down this thread or may be found by clicking here: (note, this version created by AlanH was made to provide compatibility with GOTM modded files)
JMapStat Java 2.1 Executable (http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=1079372)

Here is a link straight to the Java v2.0 source code, found several posts below:
MapStat Java Source (http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=1075616)

IDSmoker has made a compatible spreadsheet to extend the city statistics - providing more information. Details here:
MapStat Excel Spreadsheet (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=350208#post350208)

Alternate versions of the program and/or source code may be found throughout the thread.

Gramphos
Mar 12, 2002, 03:57 PM
Cool utility. A little more advance then my Map stats for BICs (and SAVs in the next version) that counts Land and Water.

chiefpaco
Mar 12, 2002, 04:24 PM
Thanks, Gramphos. I forgot to give you credit. You, and the others from the BIC file format thread over at Apolyton. That's why I started with the BIC. I hope the SAV format is just as straightforward :)

Here is a screenshot of version 3.0 for Windows:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/mapstat301.jpg

SirPleb
Mar 12, 2002, 06:12 PM
This is great Chiefpaco! Works well as far as I can tell!

I hope we can get permission to use it in future GOTMs. I just went through the process and it doesn't seem to me that anything is revealed which should not be known.

chiefpaco
Mar 13, 2002, 10:56 AM
I made a new version, 1.1, with only really minor changes. Since I'm not sure how long the big changes could take, I decided to let this through.

New in version 1.1:
- Program Renamed to MapStat (much better, I think)
- Added "About" dialog box
- GUI colouring & cleanup
- Remembers last directory used
- Added this readme to the package

Original version 1.0 removed after 10 downloads.

Version 1.1 removed after 14 more downloads.

blue72
Mar 13, 2002, 11:56 AM
I can't get your program to work! :cry:
Please describe again how to make it to work

chiefpaco
Mar 13, 2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by blue72
I can't get your program to work! :cry:
Please describe again how to make it to work

Hi. Double-clicking the JAR file should work but...

A few questions: Are you trying 1.1? What error does it give? What OS are you using? I developed using Windows ME & using Sun's Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.4 so I'm not 100% sure it would necessarily work on NT, 95, or XP (though I have seen 1.0 come up on a 98 machine).

General information: you need a " Java Application 'runner' " to run MapStat (or any Java application). Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine (JVM) comes with most windows versions but not XP (a controversial move on their part, but I digress...). If MapStat does not start, you might not have a good JVM or JRE. One possible solution is to download the latest JRE from: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/download.html and then pick the JRE for your platform (this program could even work on UNIX or LINUX). This should let you run any java app . It's about 8-9 megs, but free.

Alternatively, Microsoft does have a new version of the Java Virtual Machine, which also supports Windows XP, and is also free to download. It shouldn't be too tough to find, knowing Microsoft. ;) :rolleyes:

I'd like to make a version that doesn't require the JRE (maybe some sort of .exe or C wrapper), but I haven't found out how to do it yet. I'm sorry for your frustration.

Edit: Clarified some of the running requirements.

blue72
Mar 13, 2002, 11:26 PM
Thank you.
It worked after downloading the latest Java support.
It's useful program for modders. Nice job!

chiefpaco
Mar 16, 2002, 02:09 PM
The new version of MapStat is ready and available now. New in this version:

- SAV file support
- GUI Boxing Improvements
- Some code streamlining
- Open starts in current directory

It can now analyze SAV or BIC files.

You may now download it here:

Edit: v1.2 removed after 16 downloads.

chiefpaco
Mar 21, 2002, 11:51 PM
Hi. I've just finished version 1.3. Here are the new features:

1.3 - Current Version, Mar 22, 2002
- Added Civ-specific counts and select menu for save files
- Patched a bug in the search algorithm, fixing an extremely rare case of an incorrect count by 1 or 2

Basically, it now can read your save files & break down the tile counts into how much each civ has. It still includes a total count as well as an "unclaimed territory" count.

As it stands, I can't see much that I would like to add to this utility, so this may be the final version, unless some problems arise or I get over ambitious about the look & feel or something. Anyway, it was fun :yeah:

Edit: v1.3 removed after 331 downloads.

SirPleb
Mar 22, 2002, 03:51 AM
Awesome Chiefpaco! I just ran it against the map I'm playing. Works great and shows just what I want to know, thank you!!!

Thunderfall
Mar 22, 2002, 02:40 PM
That's a nice little program, chiefpaco. :goodjob:

Just posted a news about it (and SirPleb's calc too).. :)

chiefpaco
Mar 22, 2002, 03:03 PM
:blush: :blush: Thanks Thunderfall. :blush: :blush: (Not the first time, either. Thanks for the territory score props too! :beer: )

Baron Rakkan
Mar 22, 2002, 05:37 PM
Hey it doesn`t work with me. When I click on the file the computer wants the file "Dragon.exe" to open it!?!?!?!?!?
:cry:

Is there another choice to open this file or not? I hope someone has an idea!!

Thunderfall
Mar 22, 2002, 05:59 PM
Baron, try installing the Java Plugin on this page:

http://java.sun.com/getjava/download.html

Here is a screenshot of the MapStat program. This is the first time I run a .jar program directly and it works. :)

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/mapstat_sc.gif

Badluck
Mar 22, 2002, 06:12 PM
good work!

chiefpaco
Mar 22, 2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Baron Rakkan
Hey it doesn`t work with me. When I click on the file the computer wants the file "Dragon.exe" to open it!?!?!?!?!?

Is there another choice to open this file or not? I hope someone has an idea!!

Thunderfall just beat me to the solution (& is even better than mine, so I'm cutting this short!) BTW, if anyone has problems opening it, can you let me know what OS you're using? If you're using XP, you will have to download the Java plugin, JRE, or windows JVM.

If you need more help, you can send me an email using the email link by my name here & I can go into more detail. I'm unaware of what the dragon.exe is, so I can't help you that way. Is it a program you need in your computer?

BTW, ThunderFall, the program looks way better on your screen shot than on my PC! Funny how the different Java Environments change things. That's why I was afraid to touch the GUI too much.

Baron Rakkan
Mar 23, 2002, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by chiefpaco

Thunderfall just beat me to the solution (& is even better than mine, so I'm cutting this short!) BTW, if anyone has problems opening it, can you let me know what OS you're using? If you're using XP, you will have to download the Java plugin, JRE, or windows JVM.

If you need more help, you can send me an email using the email link by my name here & I can go into more detail. I'm unaware of what the dragon.exe is, so I can't help you that way. Is it a program you need in your computer?

BTW, ThunderFall, the program looks way better on your screen shot than on my PC! Funny how the different Java Environments change things. That's why I was afraid to touch the GUI too much.

I tried the Java-Link from Thunderfall but when I tried to start the file but nothing happened! I really don`t have any idea why?? Which Java version should I download?
I know I am a little bit tiresome with my questions, but I really like to try the mapstat!

Thanks!

chiefpaco
Mar 23, 2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Baron Rakkan

I tried the Java-Link from Thunderfall but when I tried to start the file but nothing happened! I really don`t have any idea why?? Which Java version should I download?
I know I am a little bit tiresome with my questions, but I really like to try the mapstat!

Thanks!

You're not tiresome with your questions at all. If anyone has problems, I'm glad to help out. However, I'm afraid I know more about Java developing than distribution, but I'll try to help.

First, your problem. From the sounds of it, I believe you don't have a way to run Java applications on your computer. Either that, or the Java Environment you have was altered or corrupted.

The plug-in link supplied by Thunderfall looks like it might not help after all. According to the website there, this plug-in allows you to run applets in your web browser. MapStat is not an applet, but a standalone program and therefore does not run in a browser.

So, I think the best solution for you is to install the JRE. Try the link I provided further up the page.

Alternatively, if you think you already have Java, you must change your default ".jar" file handler. On my computer, the default program to open jar files is "javaw". "javaw" appears on my list of programs available to run files. Hold down the shift key & right click the file. Select "Open With". Find "javaw" on your list and select "Ok". If you do not see "javaw", you will have to go through the installation.

Good luck. Let me know if it works. Also, please let me know what OS you're using. I can give more specific help & will know more about distributing Java programs in the future.

Cartouche Bee
Mar 23, 2002, 12:01 PM
I run Win98 and the .jar program did not run because it was an unregistered extension type. I installed the link that Thunderfall supplied and the program ran fine.

With your knowledge of domination win criteria, it would be nice if you had a little box that showed how many more squares you required for a domination win. This is absolutely a great tool!

Many thanks.

Cartouche Bee

Baron Rakkan
Mar 23, 2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Cartouche Bee
I run Win98 and the .jar program did not run because it was an unregistered extension type. I installed the link that Thunderfall supplied and the program ran fine.

With your knowledge of domination win criteria, it would be nice if you had a little box that showed how many more squares you required for a domination win. This is absolutely a great tool!

Many thanks.

Cartouche Bee

:beer:

Thanks it works Greeaaaaaaaaat! Thanks chief!!!

SirPleb
Mar 26, 2002, 04:42 PM
I've used mapstat in my current game. I expanded until I was 2 tiles less than what the Domination limit ought to be, using mapstat and using land+coastal < 2/3 as my limit. After expanding that far I did a test, adding one town which gained me six more tiles. Voila, Domination!

So this approach works great. Thanks again Chiefpaco!

chiefpaco
Mar 26, 2002, 06:10 PM

Thanks. I was considering this but it is still theory. I didn't want to include it & be wrong. It is still pretty easy to gather from the information presented. Maybe after time if the equation still holds...

BTW, I do have another Util kicking around that extracts the city statistics from the F1 screen. It outputs them in a file readable by Excel. I'm considering including it with Mapstat or maybe making it its own little program. It borrows a lot from Mapstat so I might just add a button. I'll see.

I'm not sure if anyone would want this though. I find it useful because I'm often saving or comparing city performance under different govts.

Grey Fox
Mar 30, 2002, 05:38 PM
When I doubleclick the file in "Windows Commander", a file explorer program (or utility program, it has a built-in FTP, packer(zip, arj, rar and more...)) and when I double click the file, it's opened and I can see the class files.

I know how to run a class file as I program in Java myself... but I can't run the .Jar file in Windows Commander.

I'll try in explorer, but any ideas?

Chieftess
Mar 31, 2002, 04:02 PM
Just downloaded the 9 meg file, and it works!

Grey Fox
Mar 31, 2002, 04:07 PM
I just needed the runtimes. Thanks for this great program! :D

EMan
Apr 01, 2002, 09:32 AM

Thanks. I was considering this but it is still theory. I didn't want to include it & be wrong. It is still pretty easy to gather from the information presented. Maybe after time if the equation still holds...

Great Utility chiefpaco!

I'm with Cartouche Bee; it would be very useful to see the number of Land+Coastal tiles your civ can gain control of before the "Domination Win" occurs the following round. Or, at the very least, the Percentage figure.

Your best guess, with verification from SirPleb, is likely to be very useful AND very accurate. Otherwise, many players will not get the calculation right......then, all that studying of SirPleb's "Milking Tactics" will have gone to waste as the dreaded "Domination Win" box appears! ;)

AND finally, Matrix has provided his Easter Blessing for the use of MapStat in GOTM...........High Praise indeed!

:king:

chiefpaco
Apr 04, 2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by EMan

Great Utility chiefpaco!

I'm with Cartouche Bee; it would be very useful to see the number of Land+Coastal tiles your civ can gain control of before the "Domination Win" occurs the following round. Or, at the very least, the Percentage figure.

Your best guess, with verification from SirPleb, is likely to be very useful AND very accurate. Otherwise, many players will not get the calculation right......then, all that studying of SirPleb's "Milking Tactics" will have gone to waste as the dreaded "Domination Win" box appears! ;)

AND finally, Matrix has provided his Easter Blessing for the use of MapStat in GOTM...........High Praise indeed!

:king:

Ok, no problem. Enough requests came in to include the domination figure. I will see if I can add 2 more boxes:

- a static box (like the world size) that has the overall domination threshold: world(land+coast) * 2/3. I assume this number will have to be rounded up.

- a civ-specific box that tells you how many more tiles you need: box_above - civ_X(land+coast).

I could also include a count for each civ's (land+coast) but am not sure if that's overkill.

One case remains that I am not sure of. If the world(land+coast) is divisible by 3, then the domination threshold will be an integer (i.e. no fraction/rounding). I am still not sure if the civ has to get to that number or pass it. I'll see if any of my tests has this criteria.

Also, I think I might throw in my little civstat util as another menu option. It dumps the city gold, corruption, production, & waste stats to a tab-separated text file readable by Excel. I find it useful for some game analysis, esp come govt switching time. It doesn't include totals or anything fancy yet, but I'll see what I can do. Usually, I use Excel after to do the analysis I wish.

BTW, anyone, feel free to make requests. As you can probably tell, I'm not too busy these days... :)

BTW2, I like what Grey Fox has done here. If anyone experienced a problem & was able to fix it, please post here. You might save someone else from trouble.

BTW3, Mapstat is a Java program. So, it should run on any Java compatible machine. I believe Macs are also Java compatible, so for Mac users, I think this program should work too! Let me know if it does.

chiefpaco
Apr 08, 2002, 09:18 PM
Hi again. Version 1.4 is ready. New in this version:

- Added domination limit & civ-specific tiles-to-go boxes
- Added Export utility

Let me explain:

New boxes:
The domination limit was shown to be 2/3 of the world's land + coast. I included this in a new box.

There is also a new box for the civ's number of tiles before the domination will be triggered. Attention GOTMers who do not wish to trigger. You're going to aim for this to be = 1. When it = 0, domination will be triggered!

Export Utility:
My rumored "domestic dump". Mentioned before in this thread. Exports the uncorrupted and corrupted gold & shields for each city & a total at the bottom. Use as you like.

Futher exploration:
- I might see if there's a solid formula I can apply to the city stats to predict the effects of different governments. I've seen some progress on this matter, but not enough to include it yet.

Edit: 1.4 removed after 28 downloads.

-------
MapStat - 41 settlers saved, 2 domination victories saved, and 1 NOT saved because it wasn't used! (shame, shame)

Cartouche Bee
Apr 10, 2002, 03:19 PM
Thanks chiefpaco!

Can't wait to try this out! (tonight)

I'm interested to see the export also. :)

CB

chiefpaco
Apr 11, 2002, 11:34 PM
After some consideration I have decided to make this project open source. Why not! It is now bound by the GNU public license. Basically, you're free to download it, change it, use it, redistribute it, but you can't make any money off it.

Here is the source. My next post will have Mapstat version 1.41, which includes this information in the package.

chiefpaco
Apr 11, 2002, 11:37 PM
1.41 is ready. There are no changes to Mapstat functionality. Merely changed the focus of the program to a GNU public license. The new package reflects the changes in the about box and readme.

Any "open source" questions, you may refer to:
http://www.fsf.org/home.html

Here is the 1.41 executable JAR package:

chiefpaco
Apr 11, 2002, 11:48 PM
BTW, I think a C++ port (and therefore, a native windows executable) could be on its way sometime. Hopefully, I can remember how to use the MFC...

I couldn't update using the last post, trying again:
1.41 Java Executable:

Edit: v1.41 replaced after 109 downloads

EMan
Apr 12, 2002, 07:34 PM
First, let me say chiefpaco that I think MapStat is a great time-saving utility program for use with GOTM.........AND I'm glad Matrix concurs!!

However, would it be possible to modify the program such that the stats only apply to "discovered" tiles & civilizations? :)
"Discovered" tiles would be any tile that does NOT show "No information available" when clicked upon.

This way, the GOTM player would not be tempted to "peek" and see what other civilizations are yet to be discovered AND also would not know how many and what type of tiles there are on the map until he/she has discovered them.

After all, the primary objective is to AVOID having to count the discovered tiles manually?!

God
Apr 13, 2002, 11:39 AM
Very nice Chiefpaco. It really helps in figuring out the domination limit. And thanks TF for the link.

Great job :goodjob:

chiefpaco
Apr 13, 2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by EMan
...would it be possible to modify the program such that the stats only apply to "discovered" tiles & civilizations?...

Thanks. I will see if a GOTM version is possible. I am currently unaware of any flags to indicate whether a tile is "discovered" or under the "FOW" but I can take a look. I am aware some utilities are able to lift the FOW and I am not positive how they do it. I know that it is possible to "lift the fog" by other means than .sav manipulation.

BTW, anyone intending to use the source should still contact me via the PM or email link provided by my name or, at least post here. More for my curiosity sake than anything, really. Anyone with comments on the source is welcome to message me or post here too.

LKendter
Apr 19, 2002, 04:45 AM
This great utility broke with patch 1.21 and the compressed save format.

Will you be able to make a version to work with 1.21 anytime soon?

chiefpaco
Apr 19, 2002, 05:22 PM
Obviously, the new 1.21 save game format is incompatible with Mapstat with respect to .sav and .bic files. In the meantime, I have fixed the program to work with the new and old .BIC files. I haven't posted yet because I assumed most people would not be interested in this.

Research is currently under way concerning the new scheme and how it can be uncompressed into a readable form. Stay tuned for further details.

The C port is at the same stage as the Java version now. I didn't do it, but this time got some help. Thanks Lovro for the port. We will release both when they are ready.

Obviously, compatibility is now the first priority.

cp

chiefpaco
Apr 21, 2002, 11:47 AM
Hi again. V2.0 is ready now. Here are the main points:

- Windows version created by Lovro
- Added 1.21f patch and backwards compatibility

This version of the program is a windows executable. So, no need for the windows Java runtimes! Also, it has been re-configured to open 1.21f .sav and .bic files as well as your old files too!

A big hand for Lovro for the C++ port and for the 1.21 compatibility! A truly magnificent effort! :goodjob:

1.21f is still young, so we don't have a lot of new maps to test, but we're confident this will hold up. If you find any problems, please post here!

Java and Mac users stay tuned. If a Mac patch is released, the Java version shall be updated where necessary.

Edit: Mapstat ver 2.0 removed after 308 downloads.

Cartouche Bee
Apr 22, 2002, 12:16 AM
That's remarkable!!!

I don't have the 1.21 loaded yet, until I finish this GOTM but it seems to work fine with the 1.17. Nice to see that it automatically displays all the numbers. You have just solved my biggest worry about next months contest.

:goodjob:

Cartouche Bee

Caldasar
May 05, 2002, 07:38 AM
Nice :)

watorrey
May 06, 2002, 01:55 AM
Great program :)

Is there some reason that McAfee antivirus doesn't like mapstat?

I have to disable McAfee or else the puter appears to lock up for several minutes (literally). I disable it when playing anyway, but i thought you should know about this behaviour.

It does this even when accessing the directory i made for it or right clicking the desktop icon. Any action that involves accessing Mapstat causes this. There is no problem at all if McAfee is disabled.

I am running win98 original on a PII-300, 224 RAM with the IE 5.5 updates.

Lovro
May 06, 2002, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by watorrey
Is there some reason that McAfee antivirus doesn't like mapstat?Interesting. I don't use McAfee, but I ran a virus check (before publishing and a minute ago) and found nothing.

You are far from the first person having problems with McAfee (myself included), you might want to try another antivirus.

Does it also happen when you use regular scanning, i.e. something of a "scan all my hard drives for viruses now" option?

watorrey
May 06, 2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Lovro
Interesting. I don't use McAfee, but I ran a virus check (before publishing and a minute ago) and found nothing.

You are far from the first person having problems with McAfee (myself included), you might want to try another antivirus.

Does it also happen when you use regular scanning, i.e. something of a "scan all my hard drives for viruses now" option?

I get the impression there is something about the program that makes McAfee check it extra good. It doesn't report a virus, it just bogs the system down for several minutes whenever accessing MapStat. I can't even do a ctrl-alt-del without waiting for it get done with whatever it is doing.

It is the only program i have run into that exhibits this behavior. That is why i wanted to let you know about it. I just make sure i have McAfee disabled when i use it now.

Don't think i would notice it when scanning the hard drive unless it paused for a long time at mapstat. Which i suspect it would do. I'll try it later and let you know for sure.

I am using the virus scan online program that you have to subscribe to. It monitors exe files and documents. I wouldn't ever get anything done if i set it for all files.

Would the McAfee people have technical info available for problems like this?

watorrey
May 07, 2002, 07:02 AM
okay... i did a full scan and sat there and watched it until it got to mapstat. Other than a couple second pause at the zip file, there was no slowdown or lockup at MapStat. Heck... it went through the exe so fast, i didn't even see it listed.

So it has something to do with the background monitoring that McAfee uses. There is just something about MapStat that causes a major slowdown.

Next, i will make sure i have the latest win98 updates to see if there is something in the system that isn't up to date.

chiefpaco
May 08, 2002, 09:25 PM
Hi again. Lovro has updated Mapstat & v2.1 for Windows has been released. Here are the details:

Changes v2.1:
- improved performance: up to 5 times faster on old (v1.17f) saves, more than 2 times on new (v1.21f) saves
- civilizations eliminated from the game are no longer available for viewing
- mod compatibility

A few more notes:
Civilizations with zero land tiles are now considered eliminated from the game and are no longer shown in the combo box.

Mod compatibility: civilization names are now read from the rules section of the saved game. If they are not available, default names are used.

Wow. 111 downloads in about a week before removing. We thank you for the support.

IDSmoker
May 09, 2002, 04:39 PM
Any word on when a 1.21 compatible version will be available with the "Export City Stats" will be available? Java or executable...

I've been using an Excel spreadsheet to analyze the exported results (it's a quick way to figure out your percentage of corruption/waste), and really miss it...

Thanks for the GREAT utility!

Lovro
May 10, 2002, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by IDSmoker
Any word on when a 1.21 compatible version will be available with the "Export City Stats" will be available? Java or executable...

I've been using an Excel spreadsheet to analyze the exported results (it's a quick way to figure out your percentage of corruption/waste), and really miss it...I'll get on it. I didn't really know if anyone was using it, so I didn't include it. If I get it done over the weekend, you can expect it soon, otherwise you'll have to hold your breath for two more weeks :(

hotrod0823
May 10, 2002, 10:06 AM
I am playing my Regular Tourney and using mapstat to check for domination (the victory condition of choice for this game) and I was a 5 needed in 1989 and after taking an English city in 1993 or so I didn't trigger a victory. It is now 2000AD and I am at -41 in the mapstat and still no victory:cry:. Please help!!! :love:

Thanks

Hotrod

chiefpaco
May 10, 2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by hotrod0823
I am playing my Regular Tourney and using mapstat to check for domination (the victory condition of choice for this game) and I was a 5 needed in 1989 and after taking an English city in 1993 or so I didn't trigger a victory. It is now 2000AD and I am at -41 in the mapstat and still no victory:cry:. Please help!!! :love:

Thanks

Hotrod

Can you email me some saves? chiefpaco@hotmail.com
I'd like to at least get one sometime just before the domination, if possible.
Can you answer the following questions in your email text?

- What patch are you using?
- Which version of Mapstat are you using?

I can forward the email to Lovro too when I get it.

hotrod0823
May 10, 2002, 10:24 AM

Thanks

Hotrod

hotrod0823
May 10, 2002, 10:25 AM
I have the new Matstat ver2.1 and I am running the newest patch 1.21f.

Hotrod

Sorry for the double post my connection timed out and I accidentally resubmitted. Anyway I am not postive if I have the 2.1 version or not I will confirm later and will try and email my save games tonight.

Thanks again!

PinkIronclad
May 12, 2002, 03:25 PM
i dont think it should calculate ocean tiles in the world size because it is impossible to own an ocean tile :(
the "world size" label should only show land + water ( coastal and sea) only.
or may be something like this -> for exemple, France owns 63 Mountain tiles out of 212. and just after it would give the percentage: 29,71%..
.. Mountains: 63/212 - 29,71% -

excellent program though. i hope you will take note of this comment which i hope has been well understood despite my relatively poor english :)

edit: in the civ3 mapstat 2.1:scan:

PinkIronclad
May 12, 2002, 04:01 PM

chiefpaco
May 12, 2002, 08:30 PM
PinkIronclad, the ocean was included so that mapmakers could also see how much ocean they have in their world. I see your point & realize it has nothing to do with the domination, but including it is necessary, I think, so that the whole map may be accounted for.

The player's land+coast+sea is reflected in the game, under the F11 screen. It is the land area divided by 100.

Other numbers are pretty derivable from the statistics shown. We didn't include all the boxes possible to avoid clutter & at the same time, we tried to suit everyone's most basic needs.

I'm not sure I see your point on giving the percentage of mountain tiles. Do you think knowing the % of mountains would be helpful? Did I understand your question right?

We do appreciate the input though. Thanks.

PS, actually, it is possible to own ocean, on contrived maps where town borders must expand into the ocean. It's just a red shield, but I thought I'd mention :)

hotrod0823
May 13, 2002, 09:24 AM
Got your email and you are correct it was one more turn to domination. Thought it should have been a few turns sooner but it came when it came.

thanks

Hotrod

chiefpaco
May 13, 2002, 02:16 PM
Another version is out. Here are the new features:

"Open Newest" option now scans for the newest saved game in the "saves" directory and opens it.

"Export City Stats" now included in this (Windows) version, as requested by the audience.

Thanks to Lovro for including the new features.

Version 2.12 was downloaded 367 times before giving way to 3.0.

PinkIronclad
May 13, 2002, 02:50 PM
actually i thought it would be nice to know the percentage of each types of terrain that we own( not only moutains :cool: it was an exemple :cool: )
but i agree that this would be useless:) , id like it though :D
edit: i dont know why i posted the same file as in my first post -_-
feel free to redownload it :D

aliatar
May 13, 2002, 06:18 PM
Hey guys, great little utility. I find it very useful specially the export function. I tend to stop at certain stages in the game and do a complete check-out of the cities situation, and the export helps greatly (I used to do it by hand).

Now, would it be possible to add a couple more columns with other information for the cities?: city size, food stored and science and treasury production (those are the other columns of the F1 screen I use, although for sake of completeness all could be included). That would make my planning using excel really easy. I don't have a clue if what I am asking for is easy or hard to do, I just thought I'll give it a try and ask for it.

Keep up the good work

Thanks
Aliatar

chiefpaco
May 15, 2002, 09:24 AM
Ok, aliatar. I really didn't know if anyone was using the "Export" function at all, much less what they wanted from it. I found it useful when I wanted to take a closer look at my cities' performance for comparison. Often when I just finished the Hoover or switched govts, etc... But also, I thought it might be useful for people doing studies, a quick & non-error (hopefully) way to analyze the game.

I can't speak for Lovro's Windows version, but I already secretly store the food data for each city but never print it. That's because I didn't know how useful it would be. I sort of assumed people would be using it more for the above purposes. I think making a little dialog saying what boxes the user wants to print out would be great! Hmm, let me see if it is possible...

As for science & treasury income, they may well be in the save too, but I have not confirmed that yet.

As for inclusion of these into Mapstat, Lovro will have final say as his Windows version has become, really, the official version. The Java version will only be updated as far as the Civ3 Mac version is updated. However, you will have to wait a bit till Lovro gets a chance to see if he can put it in.

Thanks for the input!
cp

Justus II
May 15, 2002, 11:27 AM
I echo everyone's thanks for this great utility. I would also like the export function to include more info, everything on the F1 screen would be great. (a listing of improvements by city would be great also, but I don't know if it is possible). Currently I capture a bunch of screenshots of the F1 and F5 (Culture) screens, save to disk, and take them to work with me (oops, I don't take them to work . . . um) ;)
Anyway, it is good for planning build queues, etc, to make sure you haven't forgotten a marketplace or something somewhere, then wonder why it goes into unrest!

Lovro
May 18, 2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Justus II
I would also like the export function to include more info, everything on the F1 screen would be great. (a listing of improvements by city would be great also, but I don't know if it is possible).Actually, all of this should be very easy. I already have the code that reads city improvements (for Apollo), it's just a matter of copy/paste ;)

However, how should it be exported? i.e. do you want all improvements comma-separated in a single column or an additional section for every city?

Everyone, please post any suggestions here or email me so that we don't have to release new versions too often. The more functions we include in the next version, the less versions we need :D

Jersey Joe
May 23, 2002, 07:46 AM
First, thank you Chiefpaco & Lovro for 2 very useful programs :goodjob:

Actually, all of this should be very easy. I already have the code that reads city improvements (for Apollo), it's just a matter of copy/paste ;)

However, how should it be exported? i.e. do you want all improvements comma-separated in a single column or an additional section for every city?
My preference would be for a grid with the Improvements as column headings and City names as row headings (or the reverse) and the improvements in a city "checked" off, or

City name followed by a string of ones and zeros for the improvements built, not built.

One other piece of information that would be useful, if it is readily available would be how long whipping/ drafting penalties will last.

Once again, thank you for your efforts.

Lovro
May 28, 2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Jersey Joe
My preference would be for a grid with the Improvements as column headings and City names as row headings (or the reverse) and the improvements in a city "checked" off, or

City name followed by a string of ones and zeros for the improvements built, not built.The first option would take just too much space (there are 49 or 0x49 buildings, IIRC).

The second one would perhaps be more useful for programs having the output fed to them, but hardly useful otherwise.

One other piece of information that would be useful, if it is readily available would be how long whipping/ drafting penalties will last.Noted. I don't think we have an idea on how this is stored, but I'll try and figure it out.

Jersey Joe
May 28, 2002, 06:43 PM
The first option would take just too much space (there are 49 or 0x49 buildings, IIRC).
The second one would perhaps be more useful for programs having the output fed to them, but hardly useful otherwise.
I figured that the first option might be cumbersome.
With the second, I would be importing the "ones & zeros" into a spreadsheet and parse it there. If you would like I could even send you a sample of the spreadsheet I would use.

Noted. I don't think we have an idea on how this is stored, but I'll try and figure it out.
This was one of those "it would be nice to have requests" :) I play sucession games and it would make it a little easier to pick up a game after several tens of turns have passed.

Actually, even if there are no further revisions to the 2 programs I would like to once again say Thank you Lovro & Chiefpaco

Lovro
May 29, 2002, 04:37 AM
With the second, I would be importing the "ones & zeros" into a spreadsheet and parse it there. If you would like I could even send you a sample of the spreadsheet I would use.I figured that. Still, that option would be not mod-compatible as you don't know how many or what buildings a mod has added or removed.

You should have no trouble parsing a comma-separated building list, and it is readable, and can be split into categories across columns (culture, science, military) ;)

Jersey Joe
May 29, 2002, 07:34 AM
Comma separated would be fine.

I am not sure exactly what you meant by this:

As long as I could tell improvement by city, either way is okay by me.

IDSmoker
May 29, 2002, 09:13 AM

City name followed by a string of ones and zeros for the improvements built, not built.

The first option would take just too much space (there are 49 or 0x49 buildings, IIRC).

I agree that this would be a 'wide' file, and it would probably be difficult to read in it's 'raw' text format, but the only time anyone would be using it, is when they have too many cities to track them comfortably within the game. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that the user will be using some sort of analysis tool with this information.

On formatting the new export file... I would recommend sticking with tab-delimited. If you can come up with a way of abbreviating the improvement names to 2-4 letter codes (perhaps with a key at the end of the file, after the counts/totals), the file might still be somewhat readable in plain text.

As for each City improvement listing... I think using a non-zero value (1 or -1) for showing improvements would work well both visually and when brought into Excel. If the city doesn't have an improvement, either leave it blank or use a zero (personally, I would vote for leaving it blank, looks cleaner).

Of course, adding another function to this utility, is going to be alot of work...

Speaking of adding to Lovro's workload <grin>... Is there any chance of adding the 'Food Stored/Eaten' information to the City Stats file? It has always irked me that there is no way to sort your cities by population in the advisor screen. With this information in the export file, I can modify my spreadsheet to calculate the population and do the sorting myself.

Even if it should be decided that MapStat is 'feature-complete' in it's current form, it is an incredibly useful tool as is, and all of the hard work that has gone into bringing it to it's current state is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Lovro
May 29, 2002, 12:18 PM
It has always irked me that there is no way to sort your cities by population in the advisor screen.I am almost 100% sure you can click the population column header in the domestic advisor screen to sort the cities by population... :confused:

IDSmoker
May 29, 2002, 05:10 PM
I am almost 100% sure you can click the population column header in the domestic advisor screen to sort the cities by population... :confused:

Ohhhh.... you can sort that column, just like you can the others, but since the column is: "Food Eaten/Stored", the sort works with the "Food Stored" value (FS for short). I haven't figured out exactly what the FS represents, but it does NOT seem to be any of the following: Turns to Next Growth, Food Points Stored, or any other value that would make easy sense/use.

Actually, the Food Eaten value is the actual Food points consumed by the population, so you have to divide it by 2 just to figure out the population (and you still can't sort on it!). Dividing the FS value by 2 is probably required, but I still haven't figured out what that gives you.

In fact the only reason to ever use the sort on this column of the Domestic Advisor is to check for Starvation (the FS goes negative).

It's been one of my minor pet peeves... <grin>

Lovro
May 29, 2002, 05:12 PM
Ohhhh.... you can sort that column, just like you can the others, but since the column is: "Food Eaten/Stored"I meant the population column with the citizens' heads...

IDSmoker
May 29, 2002, 10:46 PM
Whooooopsss.... how the ?!#*% did I manage to miss that?!?!? Learn something new everyday I guess. <grin>

Thanks!

watorrey
May 30, 2002, 07:12 PM
Wouldn't FS stand for 'food surplus'? That is how the column sorts.

cracker
Jun 07, 2002, 09:01 AM
I just completed GOTM-8 using V1.21 and version 2.12 of mapstat for windows. The mapstat program is a great help in games where you are trying to hit or avoid domination.

The only problem is that in one of the ending scenarios for this game, I went over the domination limit and got a negative number for tiles to limit. The actual domination event did not trigger until we finally got to 50 tile over the limit calculated by mapstat.

Is this a bug in the mapstat routine or is it a bug in how Firaxis calculates the actual domination limit at something different than 66% of the world's land mass?

Could it be a round off error in mapstat since the 50 tiles difference is exactly 1% of the 5000 tiles listed in the world size for this map (or is this just a coincidence?)?

I have saved game files, but will need to email them directly since this is a currently active GOTM and it would not be appropriate to post them publicly before the submission date.

Lovro
Jun 07, 2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by cracker
Is this a bug in the mapstat routine or is it a bug in how Firaxis calculates the actual domination limit at something different than 66% of the world's land mass?We have already noticed this problem in game 2 (of the regular division only) of Grey Fox's tournament.

The MapStat routine has been coded twice from the ground up (Java and PC) and both versions output the same results for those problematic games. My guess is that, yes, there is another condition for domination, since the victories in those problematic games seem to appear completely randomly (once at -41, once at -65 tiles etc.).

Could it be a round off error in mapstat since the 50 tiles difference is exactly 1% of the 5000 tiles listed in the world size for this map (or is this just a coincidence?)?Hardly. No actual percentages are compared. The number of land+coast owned by a civilization is compared to two thirds of the total world land+coast. Thus, the 1% has to be accidental, as proved in the answer to your previous question.

LKendter
Jun 07, 2002, 10:08 AM
I have also seen this program with false domination counts.

Could it have to be 2/3 of the cities on the map also?

The game in question went a handful more turns, and ended after multiple new small cities were added.

Lovro
Jun 07, 2002, 11:26 AM
Interesting idea, Lee. I'll look into it.

chiefpaco
Jun 07, 2002, 09:47 PM
I'm with Lovro as well. While I haven't experienced my own games in the negative domination numbers, I have validated others claims too. I'm not sure what the reason could be at this time too, but I agree with Lovro to this point.

The reason Mapstat hasn't been my 1st worry so far is because the tournament game worked just fine with Mapstat on the same map in other divisions. In these cases, Mapstat's count was pretty consistent but the domination trigger was not. However, I concede that it may very well be Mapstat yet, especially since discussing otherwise....

Perhaps there is another factor that is normally tripped when playing a domination game. The # cities may be a good candidate, or population, I suppose. The latter is a factor in the diplomatic victory so its count might apply here too. Unfortunately, it is hard to test. I'll take a look too.

MuddyOne
Jun 10, 2002, 03:57 PM
I have used Mapstat for a little while, and enjoy it a lot. The recent addition of the export is quite nice. I was wondering though, would it be difficult to add the rest of the city based stats to it? This would allow for easier testing of a multitude of different things.

Thanks for a great program.

Strider
Jun 10, 2002, 10:24 PM
Could you add something that lists the city and the improvments/wonders/small wonders ithas?

chiefpaco
Jun 10, 2002, 10:33 PM
If anyone can volunteer to help me produce the next version on Mac that would be great! I'm responsible for the Mac version but don't have a Mac!

I could use help in both of the following areas:
- 1.21 testing (OSX or 9). Does Mapstat work with 1.21?
- OS9 testing. Does Mapstat work on OS9?

Please leave me a reply and/or PM if you think you can help.

Lovro
Jun 10, 2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by MuddyOne
I was wondering though, would it be difficult to add the rest of the city based stats to it?This has been discussed. The answer is no (it wouldn't be difficult) and hopefully will be done in about a week's time. :)

Originally posted by Strider
Could you add something that lists the city and the improvments/wonders/small wonders ithas?Same as above. ;)

Strider
Jun 11, 2002, 01:35 PM
Ok.... ChiefPaco told me to post it here. (I was working with the demo game) Didn't feel like reading through 4 pages so I just went ahead and posted it.

cracker
Jun 15, 2002, 03:04 PM
Lovro and Chiefpaco,

How long will it take to get mapstat updated to account for the 2/3rds population requirement that was revealed in the chat on Friday to be the reason that domination limits have not been triggering?

Interesting that the CIV3 programmers would add this particular limit and then not tell anyone about the change. This clearly explains a number of the recent games we have seen where the power strategy to traget early domination victories have not triggered because isolated civs with large population concentrations have prevented domination from triggering.

(and yes, I know how much we depend on your skills in creating the mapstat utility. I wonder why Firaxis has not just offered you a free copy of the XP or some other great reward and then just licensed this piece of the code for inclusion in a civ3 utilities patch instead of reinventing the wheel?)

Lovro
Jun 15, 2002, 03:12 PM
Answer to your first question, "when I get around to it"... ;)
Probably this week, though.

Adding the feature to the game would be trivial for Firaxis. They already have 90% of the work done and would just have to count the tiles and print the number. Makes up for a screenful of code.

kring
Jun 15, 2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by cracker
Lovro and Chiefpaco,

Interesting that the CIV3 programmers would add this particular limit and then not tell anyone about the change. This clearly explains a number of the recent games we have seen where the power strategy to traget early domination victories have not triggered because isolated civs with large population concentrations have prevented domination from triggering.

I remember reading about the pop requirement somewhere when I first got the game.

kring
Jun 15, 2002, 11:30 PM
I found it, page 153 of the Fun Manual under Dominating the World:

If the vast majority of the world's land and population are inside your borders, your domination is assured. .

It seems to me I also read it somewhere else, but the place eludes me for the moment.

LKendter
Jun 16, 2002, 04:59 AM
Well we have the answer for the negative domination tiles issue :)

Lovro
Jun 17, 2002, 02:45 PM
Good news. I had no trouble introducing the population quirk, and it looks to be working.

I am currently redesigning the UI, adding new features and recoding the whole thing in hope of improving performance. Hopefully, it will be ready in a few days, depending on the time I put into it. ;)

philippe
Jun 18, 2002, 12:51 PM
nice program chiefpaco and gramphos i use it for my series of maps that i am making!but i liked to see that you then got a mini-map and that you can see how your map is progressing.
just a little idea:D

Trinity
Jun 19, 2002, 02:55 PM
Great utility. Told me exactly what I needed. I need 2500 tiles for a domination victory. Of course the world is over 12000 tiles.

It did tell me that I have no worries about a diplomatic victory by the builders of the UN. If I have 28% of the land and there are 7 other civs, they don't stand a chance of getting into that before the end of the game. Even if I had the UN I doubt seriously that I could get a diplomatic victory.

It would be nice if the utility did a calculation that showed exactly what percentage of the territory a civ occupies.

Lovro
Jun 19, 2002, 03:00 PM
You must be a mindreader, Trinity (or I am one :) ).

MapStat 3, currently in the works (beta roaming around), already has percentages implemented. ;)

EDIT: Just remembered, there is a screenshot already uploaded:
EDIT: Removed screenshot.

IDSmoker
Jun 26, 2002, 04:30 AM
Lovro: any progress? or has life gotten in the way? <grin>

That's normally what happens to me...

chiefpaco
Jun 26, 2002, 04:29 PM
Lovro has produced a new version, 3.0! Here are the changes/additions:

- Redesigned user interface. Terrain counts now in a separate window
- Included population requirement for domination victory
- Improved performance
- Added Explorer integration option: access MapStat by right-clicking SAV or BIC file in windows explorer
- Export city stats now can export any Civ's stats
- Added more data to the export city stats feature
- Added "Open after exporting" option
- Added "View as percentages" option
- Added "Save settings" option

Enjoy!

philippe
Jun 26, 2002, 05:24 PM
thx chiefpaco!:cool:

chiefpaco
Jun 26, 2002, 05:42 PM
Hey, you should really thank Lovro for making it!

philippe
Jun 26, 2002, 05:46 PM
ok thx lovro!:lol:cool:

IDSmoker
Jun 27, 2002, 06:21 PM
Well, the release of the new version of MapStat finally spurred me to polish the edges of the Excel spreadsheet I've been using to analyze the city stats. Its finally in a shape that I feel comfortable showing off....

The only real differences between this and the text file exported from MapStat are:

Easy sorting of the city stats
Makes it a little easier to view the totals
Provides the total number of cities
Calculates the % of waste and corruption for each city
Provides a total % of waste and corruption
Makes it easy to compare city stats from different points in the game

If any of these 'features' seems useful to you, and you have Excel 2000, download and enjoy.

Needless, to say, this is being provided 'as-is'! <grin>

Trinity
Jun 28, 2002, 11:59 AM
Uh, there uh seems to be a bug in the new mapstat.

I thought I'd check out my game after my foreign advisor told me that we had destroyed the stolid English. The English are no more. Yet Mapstat shows them as still having 14% of the land, and me only 11%. From looking at the minimap, I'd say I have around 25% of the land.

Good work though. I wouldn't know where to begin.

Lovro
Jun 28, 2002, 02:06 PM
Are you sure you loaded the correct save (not an older one)? If so, could you easy-upload that save for me to check?

kingjoshi
Jul 15, 2002, 04:47 AM
Hey IDSmoker,

I like your macro excel file. The totals are easier to view and the percentage are a nice touch. However, I think the original file is easier to sort through. Before, all one has to do is click on the cell "City", "Waste" or whatever, and then the sort button, Ascending or Descending. Whichever you prefer. however, with the macro you created, I don't know if the data will be sorted Ascending or Descending. I read through the code but was too tired to make sense of it. It seems you just tried to alternate every time a button is clicked, am I right? However, I can't seem to make out the order by which it goes.

Lovro,

I emailed ChiefPaco for the source for the program, but since you do the windows version, I guess I should ask you too. I remember the earlier Java version being GPLed, but I'm not sure about the Windows version.

I too would like to add more data for the city export. But I'd like to see the source and all the great info from the .sav file too if possible :)
If you'd like to share it :), you can email me at kiran@joshi.com. thanks.

IDSmoker
Jul 15, 2002, 06:57 PM
Glad you like the spreadsheet kingjoshi!

Originally posted by kingjoshi
...however, with the macro you created, I don't know if the data will be sorted Ascending or Descending. ... It seems you just tried to alternate every time a button is clicked, am I right?...

Yes, the sort order will alternate every time you click the header button for the column you want to sort by. The first time you click it, I think it will sort descending for all columns except for "City Name" which made more sense to sort ascending (the first time).

The sort buttons were sorta of a compromise... I wanted to make it easy for the people who might be new to Excel (and not know about using the toolbar).

Let me know if you (or anyone else for that manner) can think of other things the spreadsheet should do.

kingjoshi
Jul 15, 2002, 11:18 PM
Well, with Lovro's help, I am now able to decompress the .SAV file and going through ChiefPaco's source, I was able to find the city data he has. I also found a couple of other data but I am waiting for Gramphos' reply (I emailed him today) about the file format so hopefully, I can extract much more information. After Friday, I assume the format will change a little again and then we'll see. So, after I extract all the info I want, then I'll need you to organize it well :)

royfurr
Oct 13, 2002, 03:42 PM
Hi chiefpaco,

I see you edited the start of the thread (1st post) in August but that the end of the thread has the last post as sometimes in July I think. So what?? Aug is post 1.29 and July is (kinda) pre 1.29?

Here's my question: has mapstat windows ver. 3.0 been upgraded (or is already compatable???) with the new Civ3 patch (1.29)? Or does it only work in up to the 1.21 patch.

Thanks, I'd like to try the program out but I just started running 1.29, so I'm unsure if it will work properly.

Thanks again.

chiefpaco
Oct 16, 2002, 11:33 AM
I think it should still be compatible. I'm not aware of any changes to the .sav format in 1.29 that would stop it from working.

Cartouche Bee
Nov 13, 2002, 11:12 AM
That cuts it! If Lovro doesn't get PTW this won't get updated. :( I'm not going back to counting tiles by hand, unless there is a utility like this for PTW, it is a no buy even when they fix MP.

Bamspeedy
Nov 13, 2002, 05:01 PM
Or maybe you'll have to stop milking games like you said you would a long time ago ;)

Yes, mapstat (and probably Apollo) is not compatible with PTW until there is an update. If you try using mapstat with PTW you get outrageous numbers (like 4,440,000 tiles of grassland for example).

chiefpaco
Nov 14, 2002, 12:31 AM
Obviously, Lovro isn't getting enough income from Mapstat to cover the costs of PTW! And I'm not getting enough royalties to buy PTW either. Time to make it shareware! ;) jk. I'd encourage and help anyone if they want to pick up the project but the nice version is really in Lovro's hands.

Grey Fox
Nov 14, 2002, 05:31 AM
Couldn't you just make it Open Source?

Cartouche Bee
Nov 14, 2002, 09:22 AM
chiefpaco, I fondly remember those first few versions of mapstat. If they would have been compatible with PTW I'm sure they would be on the PTW disk like alot of the other stuff that was "picked up". ;)

Bamspeedy, my last 2 GOTM were not milked, one was lost by our famous leader Matrix, but I'm back on the milk wagon because I find a quick conquest or domination shallow now that I know what all is required to do a good milking. :)

Oh well, makes my decision much easier as we wait for real MP.

kring
Nov 14, 2002, 11:36 PM
I would like to see a PtW version as well.

ezdraft
Dec 07, 2002, 03:47 PM
Is there any other utility like this for ptw? I have ptw and cant fingure out if i have a chance for domination victory, how can you tell if you have 2/3 of the world and population?

Padma
Jan 09, 2003, 12:41 PM
In other words, CP, someone needs to pick up the existing java code and take it again from there, in order to make this PTW compatible?

Aeson
Jan 10, 2003, 09:17 AM
Because the GOTM will be switching over to PtW (still offering 'equivalent' 1.29f versions to play), there is a need for a PtW Mapstat utility. The Scoring utility I'm working on shouldn't be difficult to switch over to a Mapstat-like program. Would that be alright with you Chiefpaco (and Lovro)?

Here's the Scoring calc as it now stands. It gives a little of the map information (terrain counts, domination limit for the map, total food including resources and counted off base terrain) already, but doesn't deal with claimed tiles at all. It 'works' with PtW 1.14f, Civ 1.29f, 1.21f, 1.17f, and 1.16f saves, and 1.29f bic files. Not sure about any other versions.

Some things just plain don't work yet though (landform comes to mind).

EDIT: Seems I had the wrong file linked, doesn't look like it's applicable now anyways. Thanks Lovro! :)

Lovro
Jan 14, 2003, 11:53 AM
Hello. :)

An alpha version of Mapstat for PTW is ready.

I need a few chaps with some time on their hands to thoroughly test it for me and help me finish it in the coming week. I haven't dealt with BICs yet, only SAVs.

Please PM me if you're interested, and I'll get back to you with instructions.

LKendter
Jan 14, 2003, 06:00 PM
[dance] [dance]
PTW Mapstat is one the way.

I would help, but I am already max commited between 4 succession games, part time work, and gameing outside of civ.

kring
Jan 15, 2003, 01:33 AM
I PMed you; I have plenty of time in the late evening/early morning.

bobah083
Jan 27, 2003, 01:19 AM
is MapStat exist for PtW saves?
its kinda great tool!

bobah083
Jan 27, 2003, 01:25 AM
Sorry for previous post (i read only first page of a thread):blush:

cnburden
Feb 03, 2003, 12:05 AM
Nice work on the app ChiefPace and Lavro!! My favorite Civ mod.

Also thanks to IDSmoker for the Excel macro.

You guys still making updates to the app? I have a small wishlist of things I'd like to see. I like to micro-manage my cities and one of the things I've noticed is the cities that need the most work are ones that have grown in size or produced a unit/building.

Anyway, what I'd be interested in seeing:

1. Number of Happy/Content/Unhappy/Specialists in each city. On the F1 screen, I can't tell by looking at the faces which city might fall into disorder the next turn, so adding that to the output would make it a lot easier to see.

2. What the city is currently working on, how many shields they've put into it and estimated time left to complete.

3. Number of extra food in the stockpile (you already have the surplus per turn) and also estimate turns till growth.

4. Currently, I alt-tab from Civ to the app, Click on File-Open Newest (love that feature), then click on File-Export. Is there a way to streamline this with maybe one/two buttons on the interface? Could also add a buttons for several of the other features (recalc, view terraign, view percentages, etc).

5. I also liked the idea of listing all the buildings that currently exist in the city, but like has been said, this would make the export a little large. Maybe a second export file? I'll have to think on this one a bit.

From all that, I could make the necessary updates to the Excel macro's to compare the two most recent SAV files to find out which cities have grown in size and/or produced something.

Now if y'all aren't making updates, is it possible to get a copy of the windows source code? I've not worked with Java, but have done a lot with VB and some with C++. Not familiar with opening a binary file (.SAV) and parsing that data, but once I got past that, I could add these features myself. Now if I have to, I guess I'll just have to go learn Java (which probably is a good idea in the long run anyway).

Thanks much,
Craig
cburden@yahoo.com

Grey Fox
Feb 03, 2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by cnburden
1. Number of Happy/Content/Unhappy/Specialists in each city. On the F1 screen, I can't tell by looking at the faces which city might fall into disorder the next turn, so adding that to the output would make it a lot easier to see.There are several Graphical Mods that helps you with that. It generally puts a Smiley next to the Citizen. The one I use have a Green Happy smiliey next to Happy, a Blue next to Sad, a White next to Content and a Angry Red next to Rioting citizens.

cnburden
Feb 03, 2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Grey Fox
There are several Graphical Mods that helps you with that. It generally puts a Smiley next to the Citizen. The one I use have a Green Happy smiliey next to Happy, a Blue next to Sad, a White next to Content and a Angry Red next to Rioting citizens. [/B]

Thanks Grey Fox,

I'll definately take a look into that.

Regards,
Craig

Shabbaman
Feb 28, 2003, 04:37 AM
Lovro, can't you just put Mapstat PTW up on the boards?

Lovro
Mar 02, 2003, 09:01 AM
Yes, I can. Loading seems to be working, I just need to add the finishing touches.

Sorry for the delay. :(

You can download the current pre-release at http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/mapstat_3.1_alpha2.zip

torrasque
Mar 04, 2003, 12:53 AM
Great little tool here. Is it possible to make it so that it tells you how close you are to a cultural victory, etc?

Shabbaman
Mar 04, 2003, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by torrasque
Great little tool here. Is it possible to make it so that it tells you how close you are to a cultural victory, etc?

There's Apollo (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21814) for that purpose.

Lovro, good job anyway. I'll ask Killer if he can put a link to these programs, since there are a lot of people asking (indirectly: how could I know that..., when the answer is 'Mapstat!' or 'Apollo!'...) for this in the GD forum.

jeannie
Mar 13, 2003, 12:16 PM

You can download the current pre-release at http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/mapstat_3.1_alpha2.zip

Thanks so much for this! I've been using this version with PTW for the last week or so, and I have not had any problems with it at all.

I used Mapstat all the time with vanilla Civ3, but I've had PTW since it came out and I've missed having this tool. :goodjob:

tao
Mar 23, 2003, 04:07 AM
I tried MapStat.jar on MacOS X 10.2.4 with the new Java 1.4.1 version. It reads the (1.21) .sav file fine, but always reports "Tiles to Limit 1" and 0s elsewhere. Can anybody help a non-programming Mac user?

chiefpaco
Mar 27, 2003, 10:53 PM
Thats cool the .jar opens on OSX. I've never tried it. The latest build of Java Maptat only works up to patches 1.17. I never tested it further. But I did develop the code some since so it's possible that either I have a version that'll work or I can get a version up for you. If you want, I can take a look at getting a version out to work with 1.21. PM me with a link to an uploaded save of your 1.21 .sav file and I'll take a look. No guarantees, but I'll see what I can do.

tao
Mar 28, 2003, 03:14 PM
PM me with a link to an uploaded save of your 1.21 .sav file and I'll take a look. No guarantees, but I'll see what I can do. You don't allow for PMs. :(

However, there is already a 1.21 file on the server named http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/tao_mtdg-1-Alexander2190bc.sav.zip or you could e.g. use a save from the djb-1 to djb-4 Mac succession games. It would be great, if you could give MapStat to the Macintosh Civ III community.

chiefpaco
Apr 08, 2003, 01:33 PM
I figured I should release my last working build on Mapstat Java. It was made sometime last year but due to a lot of factors, not released. However, I have heard that this version can work with v1.21 saves on the Mac OSX. Not to say it won't work on any other platform/OS on any version up to and including v1.21 saves. So, I figured I should at least make it available. I have not done a lot of testing on it, so it should be considered a beta. But I don't have the resources right now to test or rebuild the jar.

Let me know if there's any problems/questions/concerns with this version.

Txurce
Apr 09, 2003, 01:05 PM
Chiefpaco, v2.0 worked the first time out on my game system (Mac v1.21, OS 10.2.4). Yes! Thanks a lot for the release, however belated.

BigFurryMonster
Apr 11, 2003, 06:16 AM
Is there a version that can load PTW editor files ..?

tao
Apr 16, 2003, 04:36 AM
chiefpaco, Java Mapstat v2.0 is great for Mac users, especially since we now can participate in the GOTMs.

However, since Brad Oliver just posted the first 1.29 Macintosh Beta, the lifetime of 1.21 will come to an end sooner or later. In case you find the time to make a 1.29 compatible Java version, it again would be just great!

chiefpaco
May 05, 2003, 02:21 AM
IIRC, the windows version did not change from 1.21 to 1.29 since there were no .sav file changes. Let me know if it breaks and I will look into it.

AlanH
Jun 15, 2003, 06:38 AM
Let me know if there's any problems/questions/concerns with this version. I don't know if anyone else has reported this, but I seem to be having problems with the Java version 2.0 under Mac OS X with the civ3 1.29b2 patch.

If I open a .sav file created with civ3 v.1.21g and select MapStat in the Action menu then I can see the list of civs in the pop-up menu and select any of them to display the stats. Works fine.

But if I try this with a .sav file created with v1.29b2 then the pop-up menu contains only "Unclaimed". There are no civs listed.

Am I doing something wrong?

[edit] @ chiefpaco: If you would post the version 2.0 Java source I can investigate my problem here.

[Edit #2] I've now looked at the older Java source posted here and I think the problem may be that I am trying to use MapStat on a v1.29 GOTM file, which includes additional non-standard civilizations. The old source includes a hard coded list of civ names which cannot handle this situation. I have adapted that code to read the civ names from the file, and it now fills in the civ name pop-up correctly. Don't know if there are other fixes in version 2.0 that I need to include, so my hack may not be a valid version.

Thanks

mudfoot
Jun 17, 2003, 01:18 AM
I used MapStat for the first time and it looks great (no more guesswork :band: ). Great work Chiefpaco and Lovro!

Now my question: I always though domination was about landmass, but the tool also shows population limit? I usually don't go for domination (and I'm not now), but I've never heard of a population limit? :confused:
I'm a little bit worried now, 'cause I've reached this population limit, but I'm some way of the landmass limit and I don't want domination!

Sorry, if this has been made clear before, but I couldn't find it immediately.

mudfoot

Lovro
Jun 17, 2003, 09:19 AM
Welcome.

The domination victory in civ3 is triggered when you own *both* 2/3 of the world's landmass and 2/3 of the world's population.

Which means you are safe for now (we hadn't even known for the population limit for quite a while), but keep an eye on the landmass limit if doing any conquests.

tao
Jun 22, 2003, 12:14 PM
Thanks to Brad Oliver for bringing Civ III 1.29 to the Macintosh community. :goodjob:

Regrettably, MapStat Java v2.0 doesn't work with the new uncompressed .sav files.
The tiles are counted (correctly, I assume), but no civs are selectable/shown in the pop-up menu. :(

chiefpaco: can you make this great program work again?

anybody: Is there a utility to compress 1.29 .sav files into the 1.21 format?

Opinion: I liked the compressed .sav files much more !!!

AlanH
Jun 28, 2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by tao
Thanks to Brad Oliver for bringing Civ III 1.29 to the Macintosh community. :goodjob:

Regrettably, MapStat Java v2.0 doesn't work with the new uncompressed .sav files.
The tiles are counted (correctly, I assume), but no civs are selectable/shown in the pop-up menu. :(

chiefpaco: can you make this great program work again?

@Tao: I found this problem, but ony with GOTM files - see the edit in my post a little further up this thread. It's because MapStat has a hard coded civ list and GOTM adds new civs.

I have modified the older Java source that's available here to read the civ list from the .sav, and it's now working for me. But until chiefpaco gives me access to the later Java source I'm concerned that the old version, and therefore my home-brew, may have other bugs that I don't know about. Also, I would need chiefpaco's permission to post a modified version of his program here.

chiefpaco
Jun 29, 2003, 03:01 PM
Sure, here's the source for v2.0 Java. The names are statically read, as you know. I hope it still at least compiles, if not works. But I really haven't checked it for a long time.

You're free to do with it what you wish. Other than to sell it on the market ;)

AlanH
Jul 01, 2003, 10:20 AM
Thanks for providing the sources, chiefpaco, and for allowing me to post a modified version.

Here is a Java MapStat version to handle GOTM modded files. I've called it JMapStat version 2.1, which I hope is not too confusing.

It has had very limited testing here, so please treat it as alpha-to-early beta. I have only checked that the things I've changed work OK with recent GOTM .sav files, and I haven't checked the integrity of the calculation functions, which I have not touched.

Next post will provide the modified source files.

All feedback welcomed :)

[Uploaded file amended to include GNU Public License]

[6 Feb 04. New version uploaded to handle games with no barbarians.
Previous version downloaded 106 times]

AlanH
Jul 01, 2003, 10:22 AM
Here are the source files for JMapStat version 2.1. See previous post for the double-clickable Java application.

[06 Feb 04: Source files updated to work with games with no barbarians.
Previous version downloaded 5 times.]

tao
Jul 01, 2003, 09:44 PM
AlanH, chiefpaco: thanks to both 0of you. The new Java version works fine also with the gotm files I tested. :goodjob:

AlanH
Jul 02, 2003, 03:36 PM
Having started on this I'm interested in following it up if there's any demand:

1. Reading through this thread I noticed some comments about the need to ensure you also have enough (or not enough) population to trigger domination. Is this the case? And if so should I add something to JMapStat to provide that information as well?

2. Is there any demand for a JMapStat that can also handle PTW? Or is it only used by Mac players? If it would be of use, I can download some PTW .sav files to reverse engineer, but a quicker and less error-prone way would be to get those bits of source code in the Windows version that handle the PTW data.

Any thoughts?

chiefpaco
Jul 03, 2003, 02:22 PM
The Java version was always simple because it was the extent of my Java skills. Lovro's program is much smoother, does much more, and looks a lot better.

In the windows version, there is also population numbers to help figure the domination calculation. Also, the GUI is streamlined since all the tile type information isn't that useful to most people, so it is available as a secondary optional window. Also, an option in the menu lets you pick whether you'd like to see raw numbers or percentages for the data.

Other features Lovro included was to automatically calculate the save after picking the file (eliminates some clicking), a recalculate option, an "open newest" save for convenience, as well as other many nice changes. Don't worry, I didn't skimp on the Java features, it's mostly just that Lovro took over the project when it was young.

PTW support is there on windows so I'd suspect PTW compatibility would not be desired on Java until PTW is on Mac. In any case, I've not seen any requests to keep the Java version much up-to-date in terms of features but if the support is there, go for it. You're welcome to add to it what you wish, AlanH. It's cool Mapstat is still alive after all this time.

AlanH
Jul 03, 2003, 02:36 PM
Thanks again chiefpaco.

So I guess I can forget PTW, but now that Mac users are first clas citizens in the GOTM world I suspect the demand for a fuller-featured JMapstat might start to grow.

Can someone post a screen shot showing how the current Windows version looks on screen now? Also, does anyone know the population algorithm? >= 2/3 of world pop?

@Lovro: Any chance of a list of the cool features you've added or intend to?

I was thinking about adding a file selection option for the user to designate the Auto save folder, and for the program to run continually, monitoring that folder for new files and recalculating automatically as they arrive. Sounds like that's similar to what you've done.

handy900
Jul 09, 2003, 08:42 AM
I installed Mapstat on my windows XP machine and it shows the land tile information, but there are no population numbers. :confused: I'm using PTW. Do the pop figures only work on CIV3 and not PTW? This is gonna be really useful for me as my usual victory is through domination. I'll use it as is, but is there a trick to get the pop numbers to work? I tried to get the excel spreadsheet (can't remember than name of that one - I'm at work, my game PC's @ home) to work but ran out of time last night. I'll try excel again on my own & come back here if I can't get that one to work.

I'm *NOT* at all informed when it comes to JAVA & all that stuff so please excuse my ignorance when it comes to programmer talk. Thanks a ton for the cool program!:goodjob:

Update: I tried it with a regular civ3 .sav file & both the MAPSTAT & Excel spreadsheet worked fine. I guess it is a problem with the PTW .sav. bummer

mudfoot
Jul 09, 2003, 11:42 PM
@handy900: I don't thing [ptw] is the problem, but maybe the patchlevel is. I used mapstat succesfully on [ptw] v1.14f only recently (for avoiding domination in favor of 100K Culture). I got both land and pop displayed. I've upgraded to v1.21f, but I haven't used mapstat yet (can't right now), but if it's not solved by this evening (for me that is ;) - like now + 9 hours), I will give it a try. Btw, I'm talking about the windows version (not the java one).

handy900
Jul 11, 2003, 08:38 AM
Thanks mudfoot. No big rush as my current game is on regent huge map 16 Civs. I managed to control all of my continent (except 1 small Korean city in the jungle) but I only have a small foothold on the other continent on the coast of the evil Russian empire. It's one of those games where I play an hour a night & get maybe 4 to 5 turns in (I can't help myself, I micromanage each worker) . Even if I get to play a few extra hours Sunday it will take a while to get close to Domination. It has been a very fun game though! Loads of fun running the Zulus, Ottomans, Celts, Babylonians and I forget who else off my continent!
:rocket2:

worlddomination
Jul 26, 2003, 03:53 AM
I've browsed this thread for a windows Mapstat version that works with ptw 1.21 files as well as with gotm-modded files. I have not been able to find it. :confused: Where can I download such a file, if at all. By the way, which are the latest versions of Mapstat and where can I download them? Many thanks in advance! :crazyeye:

tao
Jul 26, 2003, 04:29 AM
@chiefpaco: may I suggest you convert the very first post of this thread into a status and link page for the MapStat versions available?

worlddomination
Jul 27, 2003, 01:28 PM
Superb idea, Tao! And thanks chiefpaco for the utility! It excels in sheer usefulness!:)

tao
Oct 26, 2003, 11:10 AM
Regrettably, MacOS X 10.3 Panther breaks JMapStat.jar.

AlanH: I suppose, your help is needed. Thanks in advance.

AlanH
Oct 26, 2003, 11:25 AM
My pre-ordered Panther is lurching towards me even now, as fast as the Apple Store's speeding turtle with three legs can carry it. How anything as small as a few CDs can take ten working days to get anywhere on the planet I fail to comprehend.

Rest assured, when it arrives I shall leave no tern unstoned in my efforts to repair the damage.

So, what happens when you try to run it?

tao
Oct 26, 2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by AlanH
My pre-ordered Panther is lurching towards me even now, as fast as the Apple Store's speeding turtle with three legs can carry it. How anything as small as a few CDs can take ten working days to get anywhere on the planet I fail to comprehend.I got mine from the German Apple Store Friday morning. :)
Rest assured, when it arrives I shall leave no tern unstoned in my efforts to repair the damage.We will appreciate it. Luckily I was nearly done (and very close to the domination limit) with 6-2 before installing Panther. I kept my fingers crossed for the last few turns.
So, what happens when you try to run it? It turns into a "zombi" process with no UI which cannot be <alt>-tabbed to. :confused:

AlanH
Oct 26, 2003, 12:06 PM
I realise the old, pre-gotm version will not help with your current game, but does it behave the same way if you launch it? I suspect it will, as I only changed some internal logic to enable it to handle the non-standard civs, and this sounds like a Swing/Panther compatibility issue.

AlanH
Oct 27, 2003, 07:53 PM
The Panther has landed. Installation is imminent, then we shall see what is going wrong with JMapStat.

lukaspl
Nov 10, 2003, 11:25 AM
Maybe a smal development?

Did any idea, such as developing your small and usefull program (or just doing a similar one) into bigger one contained informations from demographics of each civilization in a game and maybe even what and how many units each one has, came to your mind? Maybe something like counting people of each nationality in each city as well? It was the most interesting for me and I was doing it always manually :) Untill my Rome Empire has riched over 200 cities ;)

Tať Shala
Nov 10, 2003, 12:53 PM
Will there be a C3C version?

chiefpaco
Nov 11, 2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by tao
Regrettably, MacOS X 10.3 Panther breaks JMapStat.jar...

This seems suprising to me. I'd assume that an OS upgrade shouldn't break an older program. Are there ave any Java updates for 10.3 that are available and need to be installed?

Originally posted by lukaspl
Maybe a smal development?...

Some nice ideas in here. However, it does go beyond reading tile information, which was what Mapstat was designed for. The units can be currently be accounted for in the military advisor screen - and be compared to other civs using espionage.

Originally posted by Tať Shala
Will there be a C3C version?

Good question. I don't have C3C but have considered buying it. That doesn't mean I can't or won't see if a Mapstat version can be made compatible. Of course, Lovro has the definitive say on the Mapstat program. However, rumour has it that Mapstat's information has been included in some of the Function report screens - thus ending Mapstat's need. I haven't confirmed it myself and would appreciate anyone with C3C to let me know what has been included in terms of what and where.

LKendter
Nov 11, 2003, 07:55 PM
The screen from conquests:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/LAK-361.jpg

chiefpaco
Nov 11, 2003, 09:19 PM
I'm going to take that screenshot as a big compliment from the Conquests team. Thanks, LKendter.

Lovro
Nov 12, 2003, 01:55 AM
That's about it. :)

It was nice working for you all, and with you, chiefpaco.

AlanH
Nov 12, 2003, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by tao
It turns into a "zombi" process with no UI which cannot be <alt>-tabbed to. :confused:
@Tao: I confirmed in the Macintosh forum that I have tested JMapStat under Panther and it works fine here. I used it frequently during the recent SG23 gotm23 replay. My Panther installation was a clean one to a reformatted partition, and I installed the Development Tools. Maybe you didn't?

I know you were also having some strange effects with file privileges in another context. Have you run Repair Privileges?

I don't know what else to suggest. Have you tried anything since?

I'd appreciate any other feedback. Does it work, or not work, for any other Panther users?

tao
Nov 16, 2003, 10:53 AM
I could now confirm that the error was caused by the Panther "incomplete Java install bug". Apple Technote 2099 explains how to solve it and it worked. Sorry for causing undue alarm.

Tať Shala
Nov 16, 2003, 10:57 AM
As you can see in the screenshot there is no different counting of tiles like plains, tundra, etc.. That was a big plus in Mapstat.

kring
Nov 16, 2003, 03:53 PM
Hopefully a Conquests version will be made. :)

MPF
Nov 30, 2003, 04:29 PM
I'm running CIV PTW (UK version with patch 1.21f) on a Win98 pentium III machine but when using mapstat it can not decipher the number of tiles. It states that there is only 1 tile total (and we all know there are more). :)

(I'm of course using the latest PTW alpha 2 version that I downloaded for playing GOTM 25)

Anyone any clues to why it can't interper the saved games properly?

MPF

chiefpaco
Dec 02, 2003, 08:02 AM
As you can see in the screenshot there is no different counting of tiles like plains, tundra, etc.. That was a big plus in Mapstat.

That is true. I wondered how demand was for this feature.

Anyone any clues to why it can't interper the saved games properly?

Anyone else see this problem?

kring
Dec 02, 2003, 12:55 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is true. I wondered how demand was for this feature.

I run a GotM at another fansite and I find it useful to check the numbers without having to manually count tiles, etc. I also am working on a couple of random maps that it would give me a quick idea of how balanced the world is.

Justus II
Dec 03, 2003, 04:56 PM
One feature I would like to see included in a C3C version is the Export City Stats. This is a great feature for getting a summary of your empire, checking corruption, and generally planning strategy offline. Is there any chance of including that in any updates?

Another "wish list" feature would be some type of summary of what buildings/improvements are in each city, not sure how easy that information is to access.

SirPleb
Dec 17, 2003, 03:14 PM
That's about it. :)

It was nice working for you all, and with you, chiefpaco.
Oh no you don't! (Get off that easily :lol: )

I'd like to add my voice to the others hoping you'll do a Conquests version. If you can find the time to do it, it sure would be appreciated.

The new info displayed in Conquests is nice but it is still far from being as nice as Mapstat! :)

Grey Fox
Dec 17, 2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by SirPleb
The new info displayed in Conquests is nice but it is still far from being as nice as Mapstat! :) I might include some of the functions from Mapstat in a future version of TechCalc. (it's beginning to be the CivFanatics Handbook! with 3 calculators in one :crazyeye: )

Tať Shala
Jan 20, 2004, 11:42 AM
:goodjob:

Grotius
Feb 05, 2004, 07:22 PM
I downloaded the file in the PTW link in the very first post in this thread. Is that the right one? It seems to work fine with the current GOTM sav files.

Can this utility be used while playing Civ 3? Or must one quit the game to use it? For that matter, is it even possible to alt-tab out of Civ 3? I tried last night and couldn't. Using Win XP.

Thanks for a great utility!

Dianthus
Feb 06, 2004, 02:19 AM
Hi Grotius, me again :). Yes, you can use this utility while Civ 3 is running. In XP you can only Alt-Tab if there is another application to Alt-Tab to. I guess you only had Civ 3 running? Alternatively you can press the left windows key to get to the start menu.

AlanH
Feb 08, 2004, 02:06 PM
JMapstat updated to handle game files with no barbarians correctly. Use the link in my sig to find the downloads earlier in this thread.

Rellin
Mar 10, 2004, 01:19 PM
Does this program work with C3C?

Dianthus
Mar 10, 2004, 04:27 PM
No, but my CRpMapStat does. See the link in my sig.

Padma
Mar 11, 2004, 08:23 PM
So why don't you post it here? ;)

Dianthus
Mar 12, 2004, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by Padma
So why don't you post it here? ;)
OK. If anyone is interested my CRpMapStat (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52902) works with [c3c].