View Full Version : NaNoWriMo 2006

Eran of Arcadia
Oct 02, 2006, 04:16 AM
All right, so I just signed up for NaNoWriMo (http://www.nanowrimo.org/index.php?) (National Novel Writer's Month), which means that I will try to write a 50,000 word novel in the month of November. As I have said before, I have been working on this story in my head for a while; it is a science-fiction story with Biblical and mythical allusions. I will be posting a link to the story in progress once I get it started.

Is anyone else participating? Any thoughts?

Rik Meleet
Oct 02, 2006, 05:32 AM
I'd be interested to read your story. Won't participate for many reasons. 1 being that I don't belong to the same nation as you. Another reason is my very very limited writing skills.

Corlindale
Oct 02, 2006, 06:25 AM
I might try it out, I'm having trouble getting myself to write anything serious lately, this might be a needed catalyst. Though I don't really know which of my various ideas I'm going to attempt yet.

classical_hero
Oct 02, 2006, 06:50 AM
Perhaps this could be your big break and you make a name as a novelist and just work on that.

Eran of Arcadia
Oct 02, 2006, 09:09 AM
I don't think being an American is a requirement. Neither is writing skill - they value quantity over quality. However, this is the best way to start this story I have in my head, thatI really want to get out.

Corlindale
Oct 02, 2006, 12:20 PM
I don't think being an American is a requirement

I first saw this advertised on a Danish literature forum, so I suspect as much as well.

Masquerouge
Oct 02, 2006, 12:25 PM
Sounds really interesting. I think I'll sign up. I've wanted to write a book for thaaaaat long, and this may motivate me :)
Thanks for the link Eran!

Gilder
Oct 02, 2006, 01:05 PM
I signed up last year but never wrote a damn thing. My plan was some sort of late 18th/early 19th century adventure, but never got around to putting it into motion.

I'll sign up this year, but change the plotline. Still keeping the time period though.

Erik Mesoy
Oct 02, 2006, 01:32 PM
I have this idea for a "futuristic dystopia" in my head, but every time I draft even three paragraphs, it turns into bad cyberpunk.

I probably would try if I had more time.

Perfection
Oct 02, 2006, 02:15 PM
All right Eran! I'll take you on! I'll try to write 50,000 words in my CFC posts while you write 50,000 words in your novel, the first one to get there wins!

AL_DA_GREAT
Oct 02, 2006, 02:22 PM
50000 words that is half a book (I'd be happy for 5000) Perfection is going to win with his posting style. Hmm maybe Perfection just invented a new type of competition.

Urederra
Oct 02, 2006, 03:02 PM
I don't think being an American is a requirement. Neither is writing skill - they value quantity over quality. However, this is the best way to start this story I have in my head, thatI really want to get out.

Yeah, but not being a native speaker is a handicap. Writting a story is very different from posting in a message board. I am sure my novels would sound funny due to a lack of style.

You can PM varwnos. He used to open threads to ask which beginings of his novels were better, but the poor guy had very little output. Not even perfection dared to spam his threads :mischief: So he stopped posting at OT, but I think he still does some graphic mods for civ III.

Elrohir
Oct 02, 2006, 03:20 PM
I signed up. I saw this last year, but not in time to actually do it. (Middle of November, I think.) I highly doubt that I'll actually finish - but it's worth a shot. If I get a 10,000 words I'll be very pleased, as that will be significantly more than I've managed on any other story. My profile is here (http://www.nanowrimo.org/userinfo.php?uid=126239), by the way. If everyone here who is doing it posts theirs, that would be cool, so we could all see how everyone else is doing.

Eran of Arcadia
Oct 02, 2006, 05:10 PM
I don't think the book even has to be in English. And like I said, they value quantity over quality. Just write what comes to you.

Yuri2356
Oct 02, 2006, 05:50 PM
So, Eran, let's hear more about these ideas of yours...

Also, is there any age limit to this thing?

Eran of Arcadia
Oct 02, 2006, 05:55 PM
No, it seems a majority of authors are teenagers, but there are plenty of older writers as well.

As far as my story idea, it actually can be traced to two different video games: the "All Your Base" one (actually the video on the web) and HALO (the bad guys are even called the Covenant.) I actually got a few ideas from dreams I had about it (I have been having lots of them, oddly enough.) Then I payed attention to all the little science mistakes that most sci fi makes and figured out ways to avoid them. I will still have my own I am sure.

colontos
Oct 02, 2006, 10:26 PM
Good luck. And name a minor character Fleebmat Stigbool.

croxis
Oct 31, 2006, 08:43 PM
*bump* I've signed up too!

North King
Oct 31, 2006, 08:55 PM
I haven't officially "signed up", but I'm still participating. EDIT: Cross that out, I signed up "officially" now, too. :p

Yes, I'm going to start writing in one hour and five minutes. Just for the heck of it. ;)

Pasi Nurminen
Oct 31, 2006, 11:08 PM
I've been writing for a while, I made it to 8,000 words and couldn't decide what to do next. Methinks it's time for someone to jump in brandishing a gun or for something to explode.

Eran of Arcadia
Nov 01, 2006, 06:19 AM
Good luck. And name a minor character Fleebmat Stigbool.

I think I will, although I will spell it differently.

The good news: after months of anticipation, the day has arrived!

The bad news: my computer is in the shop and I don't have home internet access yet. But both should be fixed shortly and in the meantime I will ask my roommate if I can start on his computer.

Elrohir
Nov 01, 2006, 04:06 PM
It's started!

Unfortunately, my story idea didn't come to me until Sunday, so I'm a little lacking in the planning department. 600 words in, and I'm trying to figure out what to do next. :p

Well, if I can get 10,000 words, then I'll be greatly pleased - that's about 9,000 more than I've managed to get to before!

Yuri2356
Nov 01, 2006, 04:16 PM
If I spliced some posts on the forum togeather, and added some connecting fluff, I could probably hit 10,000 rather quickly.

Either that, or just start something fresh that's set in my established universe.

However, I'm quite occupied as it is for the month of November, so I'd have to take this up annother day.

puglover
Nov 01, 2006, 04:18 PM
Well, I'm not specifically writing for the NaNoWriMo, but I am writing a novel. It's the third of a trilogy of fantasy novels. The last two were 65,000 words apiece, but I'm only 3,000 into my current project.

Pasi Nurminen
Nov 01, 2006, 05:58 PM
Well, I'm not specifically writing for the NaNoWriMo, but I am writing a novel. It's the third of a trilogy of fantasy novels. The last two were 65,000 words apiece, but I'm only 3,000 into my current project.

That's cool, have you made any effort to get published? I'm curious because I'd like to know more about the publishing process.

puglover
Nov 01, 2006, 06:02 PM
That's cool, have you made any effort to get published? I'm curious because I'd like to know more about the publishing process.

Yeah, I've made some efforts. Just recently, I sent a query letter to an agent at Writer's House to get his representation, and he said he'd like the first 50 pages. I've been really blessed so far, and I'll have a reply from the agent in another two weeks or so. :)

Eran of Arcadia
Nov 09, 2006, 06:40 AM
I finally started yesterday, after getting my computer back. 3564 words in about 2-3 hours. And now I realize I am not all that good at writing - my dialogue is terrible, I think. but NaNo is about quantity, not quality, and I can worry about fixing it later.

Pasi Nurminen
Nov 09, 2006, 06:44 AM
I'm good at writing but terrible at dialogue, so I keep it to a minimum when I can.

Eran of Arcadia
Nov 09, 2006, 06:45 AM
It is to be expected that my dialogue is bad - it is in real life as well, apparently. I just need to think out what people really say in my head before I write it, but now I am in a hurry so I don't. And it occurs to me that I don't have all that much of a plot. But it's okay - today I will do a huge chunk of backstory all at once.

puglover
Nov 09, 2006, 08:19 AM
It is to be expected that my dialogue is bad - it is in real life as well, apparently. I just need to think out what people really say in my head before I write it, but now I am in a hurry so I don't. And it occurs to me that I don't have all that much of a plot. But it's okay - today I will do a huge chunk of backstory all at once.

I go to this website for writing advice. Maybe the articles can help you too. :)
http://www.writing-world.com/fiction/index.shtml

I finally started yesterday, after getting my computer back. 3564 words in about 2-3 hours. And now I realize I am not all that good at writing - my dialogue is terrible, I think. but NaNo is about quantity, not quality, and I can worry about fixing it later.

Whoa. That's a lot of writing. I'm awful at writing for speed. I normally get in a mere 500 words every day.

Azash
Nov 09, 2006, 10:16 AM
Not in NaNoWriMo, but I'm participating in Wizards of the Coast's annual write-up, as well as some short-story competition for Fennoswede youth.

Eran of Arcadia
Nov 09, 2006, 08:04 PM
Okay, my home computer finally has internet access. So now anyone who follows the link in my sig can read an excerpt from my book and see my mad l33t skills. Of course, I just realized that what I posted is the boring backstory that makes up the first chapter. (I ended up swapping the first and second chapters - the backstory started out in chapter 2.)

Eran of Arcadia
Nov 10, 2006, 08:33 AM
So, would anyone like to read my excerpt and tell me what they think? I am not so much interested in the quality of the writing as in the quality of the ideas. And like I said, this is Boring Backstory Central here (although I had to cut some out to make it fit) and the 'tension' I describe will be driving the plot.

puglover
Nov 10, 2006, 09:07 AM
So, would anyone like to read my excerpt and tell me what they think? I am not so much interested in the quality of the writing as in the quality of the ideas. And like I said, this is Boring Backstory Central here (although I had to cut some out to make it fit) and the 'tension' I describe will be driving the plot.

Sounds like a fine enough backstory (first contact is cool) but your excerpt doesn't really say where the plot is going, or even who the main characters are, so I'm afraid I can't give you a good critique. Could you tell me what you plan to have happen next?

Eran of Arcadia
Nov 10, 2006, 09:15 AM
I don't know the next step. In fact, I need to figure out what I am going to write today. I will go further into the war, through the eyes of generals on each side (who will become far more important as the story progresses) and delve into US politics, to show the problems the country is facing. I will introduce a movement that will attempt to bring reform to the country.

I may change the exerpt later. What I have now, I wrote yesterday and originally intended as the second chapter, until I realized it madea lot more sense to switch it with what I had as the first chapter. Since this introduces some of the main characters (but also has redundant backstory), it may be more useful.

But of course, all those years writing history papers for college came back to me last night.

Eran of Arcadia
Nov 14, 2006, 10:30 PM
Update:

I have been a little behind lately. Tonight, however, I managed to get about 3700 words in - my highest total yet - without a lot of struggle, in about 2 and a half hours. If I can keep a pace of about 2300 words a day for the next 16 days, I can do it. I somehow managed to avoid CFC - my biggest obstacle to staying focused - the whole time.

Pasi Nurminen
Nov 15, 2006, 01:59 AM
I'm 12,000 words in, but I'm shooting for around 100,000-125,000 words as 50,000 is absurdly short for a novel and I actually have ambitions of getting published.

Eran of Arcadia
Nov 15, 2006, 12:27 PM
So do I, but I figure if I can get 50K this month that is a good start. I will get the rest after(I am going to go all the way to the end of the novel, and flesh it out/edit it later).

Eran of Arcadia
Nov 19, 2006, 10:00 PM
I only got about 800 yesterday, but I got about 3500 today, and so now my pace is exactly 2500 words per day to finish by the 30th.

Eran of Arcadia
Nov 20, 2006, 02:38 PM
Another 3K today in just 2 hours (including break of half hour). I can do about 1K in a half hour under the right circumstances, so I have a good shot. I will do a little more now, then maybe a few thousand more tonight. I passed the halfway point!

Pasi Nurminen
Nov 21, 2006, 03:51 AM
If anyone could offer their opinion of this (http://www.writersintouch.com/article_view.php?articleid=3863&PHPSESSID=e8a0b208d2cf1d17c8d2ac7698c2fbfc) brief snippet from the first chapter I've written, that'd be great. I write an average of 1,000 words per day, but I only write every other day so when I do write I get in 2,000 or so. Should be done at this rate sometime in January-February.

Eran of Arcadia
Nov 21, 2006, 09:48 PM
32,005 after getting about 3K today. Now I need only 2K/day to finish. The writing isn't very good but the story is taking shape.

Eran of Arcadia
Nov 26, 2006, 12:40 PM
One last update - I won! I did 14,000 words yesterday, because the momentum took over. The end result is barely good enough for a first draft - it's too short, it's out of order, I condensed the most important parts in 4000 words, and the dialogue is ridiculous. But it is written.

Eran of Arcadia
Nov 01, 2007, 07:07 AM
NaNoWriMo 2007 is here!

Rather than make a new thread, I decided to bump this one. I just started a few minuted ago, with a whopping 35 words (I am at work, so I won't get much until I get home). My goal is to reach 10K by the end of this weekend.

Is anyone else around here doing this? I made a thread (http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/node/1014163) on the NaNo forums but got no responses . . .

Erik Mesoy
Nov 01, 2007, 08:35 AM
I will not be participating. I wobbled too wildly between a near-future dystopia that would end up being a vehicle for my political opinions, a fantasy novel that would be hackneyed and cliched and generally bad, and a movie script for Jedis vs Nazis in Middle-Earth. In the end, I thought it was better that I not inflict these abominations upon the earth.
(Idea #4 was a fanfic for an obscure game. Don't ask. Really don't ask.)

Eran of Arcadia
Nov 01, 2007, 09:28 AM
Ah, that's no excuse. Just because the story is incoherent, poorly written, and ludicrous shouldn't stop you. I mean, have you read some of the books that get published? ;)

GoodEnoughForMe
Nov 01, 2007, 10:19 AM
I've signed up, and I woke up early this morning to get started on my story. This should be good for me, even though I've never written anything over 15,000 words.

I got 6150 words so far today. I just don't know if I have the self motivation to actually do this. And my story will probably suck.

Eran of Arcadia
Nov 01, 2007, 10:20 AM
They say it's all about quantity, not quality. So don't worry if it does suck.

GoodEnoughForMe
Nov 01, 2007, 10:21 AM
They say it's all about quantity, not quality. So don't worry if it does suck.

It's important to me though and the people I will be sending it to that it is good though. ;)

Madroc
Nov 01, 2007, 11:21 AM
Hmmm... I'm intrigued. How many pages (12 point doublespaced) is 50,000 words? Not that I really have time for that, but I'm intrigued.

Are you doing it again this year, Eran? If you're worried about dialouge, most libraries have a copy of Stephen King's On Writing, which is pretty good.

Eran of Arcadia
Nov 01, 2007, 11:36 AM
It worked out to about 150-175. Of course, the trick is to do things like take words that are usually hyphenated and make them two words, but I have to balance that out with all the really long made up proper nouns.

And I am doing it again this year, it is a pre-pre-pre-quel of sort, and I am trying to see if I can get 3 different storylines going in 3 different eras. Oh well, even if it ends up being ridiculous, it is still a challenge. And when I get a chance I think I will check out that book you mention.

Erik Mesoy
Nov 01, 2007, 03:19 PM
Ah, that's no excuse. Just because the story is incoherent, poorly written, and ludicrous shouldn't stop you. I mean, have you read some of the books that get published? ;)

On the contrary, it should stop me - and it should have stopped the writers of those books too. I can't even claim that I didn't know better. :)

Martacus
Nov 01, 2007, 03:27 PM
I'd personally try for that OTHER writing contest, the one for the worst opening sentence for a novel. Can't remember the name of it for the life of me, however.

Fifty
Nov 01, 2007, 03:29 PM
I just joined this thread so haven't read it. I assume you are all writing crappy generic sci-fi and/or crappy generic fantasy? Someone should write a book about people who write crappy generic sci-fi and crappy generic fantasy and how they all fantasize that their crappy generic sci-fi and crappy generic fantasy isn't crappy and generic. Maybe I'll do that!

Eran of Arcadia
Nov 01, 2007, 04:17 PM
I'd personally try for that OTHER writing contest, the one for the worst opening sentence for a novel. Can't remember the name of it for the life of me, however.

Bulwer-Lytonn (http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/).

And I never claimed my sci-fi/fantasy is anything other than crappy or generic. I don't really care about quality. I just want to prove to myself that I can do it.

Martacus
Nov 01, 2007, 04:26 PM
Ah, yes, Bulwer-Lytton. Thanks, Eran. I'm sure I could come up with some gems.

I just joined this thread so haven't read it. I assume you are all writing crappy generic sci-fi and/or crappy generic fantasy? Someone should write a book about people who write crappy generic sci-fi and crappy generic fantasy and how they all fantasize that their crappy generic sci-fi and crappy generic fantasy isn't crappy and generic. Maybe I'll do that!

I tried it already, and guess what? It was crappy and generic as well.:blush:

North King
Nov 01, 2007, 04:39 PM
I'm in, of course. Last year I didn't get past 8,000, I think, but that was due to a multitude of papers. This year, hopefully, it won't happen. I'll probably go again with a sci-fi idea. Never know...

GoodEnoughForMe
Nov 01, 2007, 06:02 PM

And the hiro protagonist is an internet nerd who is a loner but rises the ranks and uses his insane wit and intelligence to dismantle a repressive government.

I'm trying the whole dystopian thing (not how I just stated it), except on a more personal level. I am also making a sort of Gulliver's Travel's in space, although, I have never read Gulliver's Travels, so I don't know if that's true. But it'd be a comedy of sorts.

I am also writing a story about a kid who has a mental condition of some sorts and believes that he (and his friend/sidekick) can be, essentially, superheroes, and don costumes and try to fight crime, when in reality they do the stupidest of things, and usually screw it up. That would be modern fiction/black comedy.

Yuri2356
Nov 01, 2007, 06:26 PM
I am also writing a story about a kid who has a mental condition of some sorts and believes that he (and his friend/sidekick) can be, essentially, superheroes, and don costumes and try to fight crime, when in reality they do the stupidest of things, and usually screw it up. That would be modern fiction/black comedy.

So, Don Quiote but Chivalry <=> Superpowers and with no sane companion to look after them?

GoodEnoughForMe
Nov 01, 2007, 06:45 PM
So, Don Quiote but Chivalry <=> Superpowers and with no sane companion to look after them?

Maybe... I have Don Quixote but havent read it. The story will eventually be a movie.

Valka D'Ur
Nov 02, 2007, 12:39 AM
NaNoWriMo 2007 is here!

Rather than make a new thread, I decided to bump this one. I just started a few minuted ago, with a whopping 35 words (I am at work, so I won't get much until I get home). My goal is to reach 10K by the end of this weekend.

Is anyone else around here doing this? I made a thread (http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/node/1014163) on the NaNo forums but got no responses . . .
I just popped over and posted a reply, Eran. :) My NaNoWriMo name is Timewalker. This is my first year trying this, and I am not attempting in the least to write anything serious. I'm doing a crossover fanfic between Star Trek: Voyager and Trading Spaces, and it's intended as completely campy fun. I've had a really stressful time these past few months in RL, so I deserve this. :D

Eran of Arcadia
Nov 03, 2008, 01:38 PM
I didn't see a thread, so once more I bumped this one. I got 2K words yesterday, after being out of town on Saturday, so I am either ahead or behind depending how you look at it. Anyone else doing it this year?

downtown
Nov 03, 2008, 01:48 PM
I am actually going to give it a shot this year. I did about 1,000 today, will take a day or two off for the Election/Midterms, and hope to get at it harder later that week.

This will be my first attempt at fiction (my other writings are typically 800-1,200 word articles or essays). Should be interesting!

Eran of Arcadia
Nov 03, 2008, 01:49 PM
What is your story about?

downtown
Nov 03, 2008, 01:57 PM
What is your story about?

A group of 20somethings are working for a small, alt newspaper in a midwestern college town. In a last ditch effort to keep the newspaper viable, they're sent to travel across the country, covering an upcoming presidential election, while working on a shoestring budget.
Its meant to be pretty lighthearted. I don't know how many of you read my blog, but the tone would be something like that...only fictional, and a lot longer :)

Oda Nobunaga
Nov 03, 2008, 02:09 PM
Was wondering if anyone was doing this here.

I logged 2.5K saturday and 2.7K sunday on my own project :-D

GoodGame
Nov 03, 2008, 02:46 PM
That's a lot of sarcastic comments. Figure ten words per sarcastic post, and that's another 5000 posts in under 30 days. Better make sure every other post is yours, Perfection!

All right Eran! I'll take you on! I'll try to write 50,000 words in my CFC posts while you write 50,000 words in your novel, the first one to get there wins!

mangxema
Nov 03, 2008, 03:13 PM
I'd be tempted to, but I have no time. I have two big projects due within the month and I'm still trying to work in interviews. :sad:

I'll keep my eye on this thread though...

Erik Mesoy
Nov 03, 2008, 03:29 PM
I've signed up this year, and I'm hating it already. At least I have a slightly better plot this time, though. (My novel is technically crappy fantasy due to having magic - it's also arguably comedy, horror, romance, and plain weird in parts. Also there are bad sex scenes, which I hope are at least better than the archetypical example of "he put his hard sex in her soft sex and they had sex".)

Eran of Arcadia
Nov 03, 2008, 03:46 PM
Any sex scene can be better than that. Just add, like, clowns or pirates or something ridiculous.

Oda Nobunaga
Nov 03, 2008, 04:37 PM
I'm going the fantasy way as well.

Well, in a very broad sense of fantasy. It's definitely contemporary fantasy, with a certain tendency toward the Fantastic/Supernatural side of things.

In layman's terms, something that has a lot more to do with Lost (to a lesser extent Twin Peaks), or even with King and Lovecraft (although definitely not very horror-centric) than with Tolkien or Rowling.

LesCanadiens
Nov 03, 2008, 08:07 PM
How do you complete a 100,000 word novel in just one month? I could see maybe getting the first draft done (and that's beyond most people, even most professional writers) in a month, but there's no way a novel can be brought to publishable form in just a month.

Oda Nobunaga
Nov 03, 2008, 08:13 PM
In theory the goal is 50 000 words in just one month, and not publishable form.

If people claims to have done 100 000 and publishable...yeesh.

downtown
Nov 03, 2008, 08:47 PM
I'm really under no illusion that I'm going to hit the 50,000 goal. Its the 3rd day and I only have about 1,600 words...and I prob. won't write tomorrow. I'd be thrilled with 25,000.

Cutlass
Nov 03, 2008, 08:49 PM
Why the 50,000 goal? How large of a book does that represent for comparison?

downtown
Nov 03, 2008, 08:51 PM
Its about the size of the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

Fifty
Nov 03, 2008, 08:53 PM
I'm writing a historical fiction about post-Watergate Nixon called Mopey Dick.

LesCanadiens
Nov 03, 2008, 09:20 PM
Why the 50,000 goal? How large of a book does that represent for comparison?

It's about half the standard length of a novel. If your novel is less than 90,000-100,000 words in length, it's going to be difficult to find a publisher.

Oda Nobunaga
Nov 03, 2008, 09:27 PM
In their own words, because it's a difficult goal to attain in a single month, but not impossible.

Eran of Arcadia
Nov 04, 2008, 06:18 AM
My results are nowhere near publishable.

That said, as of last night I was at 5331 words - the first time I was on track this early in the mont since I started. (I usually fall way behind then catch up). It is coming easily so far, but we will see.

GoodGame
Nov 17, 2008, 06:57 PM
How's it coming Eran?

Eran of Arcadia
Nov 17, 2008, 08:42 PM
Up to 36,281 words, on pace to finish before Thanksgiving.

Of course, the quality is terrible, but the quantity is what matters anyways. When I am done I will email a copy to anyone who wants one.

downtown
Nov 17, 2008, 08:54 PM
I'm at around 7,000. My goal is to get to 15,000 before the end of Nov. I keep editing and revising everything as I go, which I know kinda goes against the point of this thing....

Fifty
Nov 17, 2008, 09:51 PM
I'm at around 7,000. My goal is to get to 15,000 before the end of Nov. I keep editing and revising everything as I go, which I know kinda goes against the point of this thing....

Which makes me wonder what the point of this thing is??? Is it supposed to just be a giant joke or something?

LesCanadiens
Nov 18, 2008, 11:23 AM
Which makes me wonder what the point of this thing is??? Is it supposed to just be a giant joke or something?

I think the point of it is to try and look avant garde.

Eran of Arcadia
Nov 18, 2008, 11:49 AM
The point is that it feels so good when you stop.

And that you have proven to yourself that you can write a short novel, albiet a crappy one.

Oda Nobunaga
Nov 18, 2008, 12:00 PM
The point is to get you to actually finish a first draft rather than having a first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eight, ninth (etc) draft, none of which go past third chapter.

I'm at 56K or so, by the way :-D

GoodGame
Nov 19, 2008, 10:32 AM

To promote writing, even pulpy writing, as art. Kind of a "do something else than play 2000 hours of WoW"-message.

Eran of Arcadia
Nov 24, 2008, 09:10 PM
50,061. Didn't write at all yesterday but crossed the finish line today.

dwaxe
Nov 25, 2008, 12:31 AM
It is to introduce people to novel writing--or anything which requires a deadline.

Oda Nobunaga
Nov 25, 2008, 12:42 AM
50,061. Didn't write at all yesterday but crossed the finish line today.

Cool! Congrats!

GoodGame
Nov 27, 2008, 09:40 PM
Yeah Congrats.