View Full Version : [MOD][WARLORDS] ViSa Modpack

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

TAfirehawk
Dec 11, 2006, 06:29 PM
I get an error message loading the mod when I try this is what it says

Microsoft Visual C++

RunTime Error!

Program:...mes/Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Civ4Warlords.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusaul way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I didn't see anything about this in the trouble shotting. I really want to play this Mod. Anyone got any ideas?

You have Warlords v2.08 and ViSa v2.1?

Did you install from ViSa v1.2 or ViSa v2.0 full? If v1.2 then you need the Registry Key Fix.

I have seen this before in this thread....don't remember quite where it was, probably about 500 posts ago :crazyeye:

Hexed
Dec 11, 2006, 06:32 PM
I got from a straight v2 (tried it and didn't work) then updated to v2.1 (tried it and still didn't work.

Had this message occured durning another mod but not for some of them

TAfirehawk
Dec 11, 2006, 06:37 PM
I got from a straight v2 (tried it and didn't work) then updated to v2.1 (tried it and still didn't work.

Had this message occured durning another mod but not for some of them

It has been mentioned before...back around post 1150...do a search for RunTime Error.

I don't think this has anything to do with ViSa except whatever is on your computer or install. Seems I saw this error when I was messing around with Civ directories or something....but I know it was seriously messing with things to break it.

EDIT
I see some other posts in the Tech Support forum on this, but no real fixes. Please make sure you have the Warlords patch.

Psyringe
Dec 11, 2006, 06:52 PM
I tried to give this mod a go today, but didn't manage to install it.

Basically, the mod tries to extract lots of data to the C: drive, where they have no business to be. My C: is only for the operating system. The "My Documents" directory (where ViSa *should* install itself) is located on the D: drive. My Windows knows this, and most games know this too, but ViSa apparently doesn't. Hence it chokes the C: drive to death, and freezes during the extraction process.

Any help? I searched the thread and couldn't find anything, but I might have used the wrong search terms.

TAfirehawk
Dec 11, 2006, 07:01 PM
I tried to give this mod a go today, but didn't manage to install it.

Basically, the mod tries to extract lots of data to the C: drive, where they have no business to be. My C: is only for the operating system. The "My Documents" directory (where ViSa *should* install itself) is located on the D: drive. My Windows knows this, and most games know this too, but ViSa apparently doesn't. Hence it chokes the C: drive to death, and freezes during the extraction process.

Any help? I searched the thread and couldn't find anything, but I might have used the wrong search terms.

This has been asked before but after 1500 posts I wouldn't expect you to find it :)

It is a fully compatible WINDOWS INSTALLER and using temp directories to run....just like any other program. Sounds to me like you need to change your computer configuration or buy a new hard drive.

AND ViSa should NEVER install in My Documents folder....well if you want it to work. Unless you install Civ in My Documents instead of Program Files....or did some very serious tweaking of the windows system folders via TweakUI or TweakXP-Pro or something like that.

A workaround is to install v1.20 full, then patch v2.1 and finally the registry key fix....but it sounds like your info is wrong or you have some serious computer problems there.

V. Soma
Dec 12, 2006, 12:28 AM
I know this is a place for "interesting" posts,
an trouble is always the more interesting,
but I just want to say that we, 4 persons, play multi of ViSa and
we have no problem doing this :)

Thanks.

Forsaken
Dec 12, 2006, 12:40 AM
If I'm not mistaken, don't cities that have the City Guard building sometimes cause a unit being built to become a UU from another Civ? Did your city that created that unit have the City Guard in it?

Haha that explains it then just never had it happen before

voleur
Dec 12, 2006, 02:13 AM
The files on my website, the Alternate one, should work for you....or it simply is a problem on your end somehow as over 2000 downloads can't all be corrupt ;)

It's working ! not easiest (ddl at last not corrupted but extraction didn't work :confused: , must use WinRar but finaly Mod is installed and now the show can start :king:

CIVFITCH
Dec 12, 2006, 10:41 AM
hey hexed i was getting the C++ error thing too, i just unistalled then reinstalled warlords, then 2.08, then visa and the patch.. seemed to work

Psyringe
Dec 12, 2006, 01:53 PM
It is a fully compatible WINDOWS INSTALLER and using temp directories to run....just like any other program. Sounds to me like you need to change your computer configuration or buy a new hard drive.

You're right - and I probably shouldn't have tried to install new software at 3 am. When setting my system up last time, I apparently forgot to move my Temp directory, and the ViSa extraction utility, together with some junk already in there, didn't find enough free space. And being tired, I got several things wrong and didn't undestand what was happening. Simply deleting all the junk freed up enough space for the installation to succeed.

My apologies. No fault on the part of ViSa, whichhas every reason to expect that the system's Temp directory will have enough free space for it. And installing the mod actually is a breeze with the installer.

TAfirehawk
Dec 12, 2006, 04:12 PM
You're right - and I probably shouldn't have tried to install new software at 3 am. When setting my system up last time, I apparently forgot to move my Temp directory, and the ViSa extraction utility, together with some junk already in there, didn't find enough free space. And being tired, I got several things wrong and didn't undestand what was happening. Simply deleting all the junk freed up enough space for the installation to succeed.

My apologies. No fault on the part of ViSa, whichhas every reason to expect that the system's Temp directory will have enough free space for it. And installing the mod actually is a breeze with the installer.

Glad you got it working....and I hope my reply didn't sound too harsh :cool:

Psyringe
Dec 12, 2006, 06:47 PM
Glad you got it working....and I hope my reply didn't sound too harsh :cool:

Not at all. I needed some technical help, which you gave me by putting me in the right direction (by explaining why the problem most likely originated from my system setup). All of that happened nine minutes after me asking the question, which is remarkably fast and a sign of a well-tended mod.

You didn't actually rock me in your arms to comfort me, but that wouldn't have solved my problem and hence wasn't requested. :)

Good Sauce
Dec 12, 2006, 07:51 PM
@ Hexed: You need to upgrade your version of Warlords. There's a link on the first page.

Impaler[WrG]
Dec 12, 2006, 10:25 PM
I'm getting back into Civ4 modding after a bit of a burnout and I see the inclusion of Blakes code in the 2.08 patch has inspired me to try to get some of my own code included in more mods and maybe even adopted in the next expantion pack. I see theirs a lot of good work being done here at merging existing modifications into a single DLL which has always been one of my focuses. Who should I get intouch with to learn more about how you guys operate/colaborate. If your going to go the SourceForge route I'd recomend that you have atleast one project member who can and will take the lead with tackling issues, teaching others and organizing branchings. I've got basic knowlage of CVS and can contribute to a project using it.

The main mods I've done that you might find of interest are

New Spy missions - Four new spy missions including stealing tech
Expanded Traits - several new tags to allow traits to do new stuff
Modular loading - based on Chinesse Americans work, aims to create drag and drop folders for content, still in development
Wonder Pack - a colaboration with several artists, the pack adds 8 wonders with new game play effects never before possible with buildings, featured in Kets mod

civ4ludo
Dec 13, 2006, 03:02 AM
The end of the year looks doubtful at this point....

And I will be out of the country most of January and February on business....which may actually help get work done on ViSa if I had admin rights on the laptop :crazyeye:

Good to know, thanks.
Have fun wherever you go!

wotan321
Dec 13, 2006, 08:09 AM
Regarding the Mercenary modcomp being disabled.... can we enable it? Is it listed in the .ini file?

TAfirehawk
Dec 13, 2006, 05:47 PM
Regarding the Mercenary modcomp being disabled.... can we enable it? Is it listed in the .ini file?

No, it is unbalanced and bugged in MP.

I hope we get the turn on/off feature for most of the modcomps in v3.0 but that is not a for sure thing at this point....then you can turn on/off whatever you want.

vra379971
Dec 13, 2006, 07:40 PM
I have a question. The Mastery Victory type, is there anyway I can just download that for Warlords?

Fujisan
Dec 13, 2006, 09:50 PM
I've made a small add-on to ViSa modpack.
Details are here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=4876427

Any opinions are welcome!

tek1979
Dec 14, 2006, 06:00 AM
Glad you like it....it is a team effort for sure as no one person could handle everything we have done from the ViSa Website, SDK, python, xml, and this thread AND play testing :)
Well allow me to correct myself :)
you are by far THE KINGS!!! THANK YOU!!!

For testing purposes I went 'back in time' and played a plain Warlords game...boy did that suck :lol: I don't even care for other Mods that are good because I have gotten so used to the ViSa Tech Tree and ViSa Civics that even though other Mods are awesome, I get confused when my playstyle is interupted :D
Warlords without the Visa modpack is like pancakes without icecream and syrup. Its still nice, but it lacks immensely :D.

Now I just also wanted to throw a suggestion in your directions, 1 small addition to this modpack. Awile ago I found a mod that added afew extra religions/techs to the tech tree, for the sake of keeping with the theme of adding to Warlords it could be an idea for you guys and gals to look into either including some extra religions with the current research/tech tree or even to go as far as adding some new techs to that find these religions, just a little something to think about possibly adding :)

cheers

T
:goodjob:

WGW
Dec 14, 2006, 07:43 AM
just a little question
when my city produces an great stateman i wont get any picture of it instead the screen is pink/purpel or something like that.
is it posible to fix that?

Donkey Puncher
Dec 14, 2006, 10:14 AM
they probably dont have pictures for those great poeple yet

TAfirehawk
Dec 14, 2006, 05:23 PM
I have a question. The Mastery Victory type, is there anyway I can just download that for Warlords?

Sevo's Mastery Victory (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=189388)

Well allow me to correct myself :)
you are by far THE KINGS!!! THANK YOU!!!

Warlords without the Visa modpack is like pancakes without icecream and syrup. Its still nice, but it lacks immensely :D.

Now I just also wanted to throw a suggestion in your directions, 1 small addition to this modpack. Awile ago I found a mod that added afew extra religions/techs to the tech tree, for the sake of keeping with the theme of adding to Warlords it could be an idea for you guys and gals to look into either including some extra religions with the current research/tech tree or even to go as far as adding some new techs to that find these religions, just a little something to think about possibly adding :)

cheers

T
:goodjob:

Give me a link so we can look at it...not sure we want any more religions or tech since the G Era adds where we think more tech needed to be.

they probably dont have pictures for those great poeple yet

The pics of GP is from Amra and we added the Statesman and Doctors AFTER that so....no pics until we get to it, which is waaaaaay down on the list.

Although I will say we have tried to make it so if there is no pic that the light bulb shows or no popup at all....thought we had it fixed actually but a few people still have problems.... :confused:

TAfirehawk
Dec 14, 2006, 05:30 PM
And we are still waiting on the source code from the G Era guys....

I can't say we have much time for it....

WGW
Dec 15, 2006, 09:37 AM
no probelem it could be just an little mistake at my pc or something so thats why i asked and you guys are doing an great job :D i love this mod!
one of my favorites :)

lord_graywolfe
Dec 15, 2006, 09:38 PM
ok i ran into a barbarian warrior that must be superman cause he is unbeatable. ive never noticed this happening before and i hope i never see it again. check out the barb warrior's stats in the lower left hand corner.

Kaiser Franz
Dec 15, 2006, 11:47 PM
When you see a Barbarian like that one - it's time to run and hide ;)

TAfirehawk
Dec 16, 2006, 06:12 AM
ok i ran into a barbarian warrior that must be superman cause he is unbeatable. ive never noticed this happening before and i hope i never see it again. check out the barb warrior's stats in the lower left hand corner.

A bug like that is the ONLY time to use WorldBuilder in a legit game :)

HitAnyKey
Dec 16, 2006, 07:06 AM
Odd, I can't even see the attached thumbnail. It simply isn't displayed. Wonder if it has to do with some setting in my Firefox or my ZoneAlarm. But if it's something like that, I wouldn't even know what setting to change...and here I wanted to see this superman barb... :(

seady
Dec 16, 2006, 07:45 AM
Odd, I can't even see the attached thumbnail. It simply isn't displayed. Wonder if it has to do with some setting in my Firefox or my ZoneAlarm. But if it's something like that, I wouldn't even know what setting to change...and here I wanted to see this superman barb... :(
I use both, no problems. Have you disabled pop-ups? Might need to allow for this site.

Try http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=144369&d=1166243868
copied directly into address box. Does that work?

seady
Dec 16, 2006, 07:46 AM
Looking at that barb made me want the old diplomat who could bribe an enemy into joining up :)))

HitAnyKey
Dec 16, 2006, 12:21 PM
I use both, no problems. Have you disabled pop-ups? Might need to allow for this site.
Hmm, seems like ZoneAlarm coniders the thumbnails to be Banner/Skyscraper Ads. I had to allow those and that allowed it to come though.

TAfirehawk
Dec 16, 2006, 02:31 PM
GENETIC ERA UPDATE

Well the G Era Team doesn't want to give out their source code....:confused: :sad:

We will adjust our plans and strategy for ViSa v3.0 but I am sure most of you will like what we put in from what we can get our hands on at this time.

Feel free to comment here and in the G Era Thread (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=184182)

V. Soma
Dec 16, 2006, 03:48 PM
Well, there are so much nice things can be done to improve this already GREAT mod...
if not Gen Era, then so what...

Things usually come to an end before that anyways ;)

TAfirehawk
Dec 16, 2006, 04:06 PM
There are tons of things in Warlords to be done without source code....

Kaiser Franz
Dec 16, 2006, 05:10 PM
To tell you the truth -- I'm not bothered by the lake of G Era Code at all -- Don't care that much for science fiction - robots and man eating bugs :) - as far as I am concerned, not having the g-era code in Visa is a definate plus !!

This is such a great mod anyway - the only two I play are Visa and Total Realism - I suppose it's because I love Geography and History - playing on an "Earth Map" with civilizations placed on their historic starting locations - that's what it's all about for me.

Just keep up the good work on Visa - forget about G Era - that way Visa will not become overly huge and cumbersome!

maxbjr
Dec 16, 2006, 05:43 PM
I agree with the other people here, I wasn't even sure if I was going to play Visa w/ G era. So I for one am glad that G era is no longer a concern of Visa. Keep up the great work Visa Team, I've played 6 games now with 2.10 and no problems :).

TAfirehawk
Dec 16, 2006, 05:52 PM
I agree with the other people here, I wasn't even sure if I was going to play Visa w/ G era. So I for one am glad that G era is no longer a concern of Visa. Keep up the great work Visa Team, I've played 6 games now with 2.10 and no problems :).

Well we still have v.25 source code and not much changed....I just HATE having old junk....

And most of the G Era is in python/xml and already in ViSa v3.0 and I am betting everybody will like what we have merged and done so it fits well.

seady
Dec 16, 2006, 05:56 PM
I thought that they had no choice re: the source code as it was a firaxis requirement that it be disclosed (in case of backdoor trojans, etc)?

I've played and like both. You could pick out the xml units/buildings you like i suppose. Just having near future technologies would be good too, for example, they have built the first robot (not remote) that kills people, it's crude but they are just going to make better ones. Remote controlled drones are now a mature technology and could have changed the world had they been used to kill Osama Bin Laden before 9/11, as they were capable of doing.

The reproductive principle is that if you ever make a self-replicating organism, natural selection will enter into the equation, and a set of instincts (such as for survival) would evolve, so robots that fight back are a logical consequence and should be taken seriously. Simple solution: don't make self-replicating organisms. I suspect some human is bound to do it for selfish advantage. Stuff everyone else, it will make me rich!

Psyringe
Dec 16, 2006, 06:48 PM
I was looking forward to playing the Genetic Era with ViSa. People who aren't interested in it wouldn't be forced to play it, as it presumably would have been optionalized - an excellent policy by the ViSa team btw.

I hope a solution for integrating GE into ViSa can still be found.

seady
Dec 16, 2006, 10:19 PM
I really hated the circumnavigate bonus because it seems to reward people who sail a unit from east to west without any strategy and it's redundant with magellan's anyway.

In GlobalDefines.xml i changed the line to what you see below.

<Define>
<DefineName>CIRCUMNAVIGATE_FREE_MOVES</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>0</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>

I'd love to give a bonus to the first person to explore everything without satellites but i dunno how, i think a golden age for that and for first space travel, then first base on moon, then mars, then interstellar travel! :D

Axil
Dec 17, 2006, 01:27 AM
Glad myself that the G Era is being dropped as I was never fussed with it anyway.
I'd much prefer more padding in the time Era we play in now. It would be great if for example you could have natural wonders of the would scattered randomly on the map on creation (like Grand Canyon etc). The civ that had that tile in it's cultural borderes would get say a boost in culture plus when tourism is invented a cash bonus. This would be a little like the Crater bonus that you got in Alpha Centurai

Bastian-Bux
Dec 17, 2006, 01:35 AM
I'm still waiting for the G-era elements, as I prefer a way to use the terraforming and more importantly, the oceans.

V. Soma
Dec 17, 2006, 02:34 AM
a bug (or what):

Hiram is "furious" with me, though I have +1 diplo with him...

TAfirehawk
Dec 17, 2006, 07:04 AM
Glad myself that the G Era is being dropped as I was never fussed with it anyway.
I'd much prefer more padding in the time Era we play in now. It would be great if for example you could have natural wonders of the would scattered randomly on the map on creation (like Grand Canyon etc). The civ that had that tile in it's cultural borderes would get say a boost in culture plus when tourism is invented a cash bonus. This would be a little like the Crater bonus that you got in Alpha Centurai

G Era is not being dropped but it obviously can't be a 100% merge either without the latest source code.

I'm still waiting for the G-era elements, as I prefer a way to use the terraforming and more importantly, the oceans.

Most of the G Era will be in v3.0 as everything is merged but some things are commented out in the XML like the Anti-Grav units.

a bug (or what):

Hiram is "furious" with me, though I have +1 diplo with him...

I believe that is listed on the first page....and it is fixed for all 12 leaders that have this problem.

WGW
Dec 17, 2006, 10:33 AM
i would like to see the G era in the mod pack.
but for the people who dont want it can it be made optional?
so that you can choose if you want to add it in the game or not.
well looking forward to anyway :)

TAfirehawk
Dec 17, 2006, 10:36 AM
i would like to see the G era in the mod pack.
but for the people who dont want it can it be made optional?
so that you can choose if you want to add it in the game or not.
well looking forward to anyway :)

Our GOAL is to have many components be able to be switched on/off....but getting that to work is a whole different story :)

WGW
Dec 17, 2006, 12:36 PM
i am sure i would do youre best;)

miserable09
Dec 18, 2006, 08:25 PM
hi all,
Just got up and running with this mod for warlords. QUick question, is there anyway to play a game with unlimited turns?

Also, are promotions removed?

Bastian-Bux
Dec 19, 2006, 02:43 AM
Easy way to unlimited turns:

Save the map, or use a map you downloaded. Open it with an editor. look for the line:

MaxTurns=xxx

Change this to a number you like (high). A typical marathon game ends after 1200 turns, a standard game after 460 turn. Make it 50% or even 100% longer and you'll typically reach any victory condition prior to hat. Heck, if you want to make sure, enter something like 10.000.

Additionaly you can change this line:

Calendar=CALENDAR_DEFAULT

If you change it to something like

Calendar=CALENDAR_YEARS

This way your years will be counted one by one.

miserable09
Dec 19, 2006, 06:18 AM
Easy way to unlimited turns:

Save the map, or use a map you downloaded. Open it with an editor. look for the line:

MaxTurns=xxx

Change this to a number you like (high). A typical marathon game ends after 1200 turns, a standard game after 460 turn. Make it 50% or even 100% longer and you'll typically reach any victory condition prior to hat. Heck, if you want to make sure, enter something like 10.000.

Additionaly you can change this line:

Calendar=CALENDAR_DEFAULT

If you change it to something like

Calendar=CALENDAR_YEARS

This way your years will be counted one by one.

THanks for the info!

SOrry to be a bother, can you tell me how to do this? I haven't modded anything in civ before...

Can i do it with a current game?

Bastian-Bux
Dec 19, 2006, 07:04 AM
Its not true modding, its mapwork if you want so.

One problem of the option I suggest is that it reveals you a lot of the information early on, as the Worldbuilder reveals the whole map.

So I'd suggest you let either do a friend the worldbuilder saving, choose a map you have downloaded, or live with your "knowledge".

Well, here a step by step instruction, assuming that a friend is doing the saving for you:

Start a game as the way you like it.

Once it is loaded, go for a coffee, while your friend hits the options -> worldbuilder button.

Your friend waits for the worldbuilder to load, and immediately saves the map via the save button of worldbuilder. After that he leaves the map.

YOU, DONT LOOK.

Now you leave the game, and look for your saved map in your My Games Folder.

You right click that map, and open it with the win editor.

Then you do the changes as described above.

This is no modding just changes at the map file.

After you are done, and saved the changes, start the game directly from the map file by double clicking.

Enjoy.

If you use premade maps from the download center here, you can skip the whole saving crap, as you already have a saved map.

lord_graywolfe
Dec 19, 2006, 07:34 AM
as ive finally gotten to play farther through a game with visa ive found things that i have questions about. im sure these have been asked before and im sorry to repeart them.

why are the mideveal infantry there? they really arent that different from the maceman and come at the about the sametime.

the city guard building when i build it gives me 1 new unit, city guard, sometimes a axeman sometimes a spearman but always with drill1 and drill2 and they have bonues against everything with numbers like the barb i posted a pic of before. is this a know bug and can i fix it? the big numbers go away when they upgrade.

ive also gotten a few other odd units, i got 3 eyptian war chariots when i finished a world wonder. each one was different, chariot 1 was normal no promos, chariot 2 had three promos against seige engines and the third chariot has upto city garrison 4 and was a city guard.

is there a way to turn off the game turns? i just want to leave the clock and the current year for some reason when the turns are also shown my game bogs down or freezes up.

i built the statue of zeus and the wonder movie was the parthanon with lighting and thunder. is that right?

all in all im loving the mod and the stuff youve added im just wondering about these things.

miserable09
Dec 19, 2006, 07:17 PM
as ive finally gotten to play farther through a game with visa ive found things that i have questions about. im sure these have been asked before and im sorry to repeart them.

Actuatlly, is there a strategy guide, or a forum someplace just for these types of questions? For example how Total Realism has this page:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=202

This mod is so different thanvanilla gameplay I have like a 1000 questions...

TAfirehawk
Dec 19, 2006, 08:23 PM

why are the mideveal infantry there? they really arent that different from the maceman and come at the about the sametime.

the city guard building when i build it gives me 1 new unit, city guard, sometimes a axeman sometimes a spearman but always with drill1 and drill2 and they have bonues against everything with numbers like the barb i posted a pic of before. is this a know bug and can i fix it? the big numbers go away when they upgrade.

ive also gotten a few other odd units, i got 3 eyptian war chariots when i finished a world wonder. each one was different, chariot 1 was normal no promos, chariot 2 had three promos against seige engines and the third chariot has upto city garrison 4 and was a city guard.

is there a way to turn off the game turns? i just want to leave the clock and the current year for some reason when the turns are also shown my game bogs down or freezes up.

i built the statue of zeus and the wonder movie was the parthanon with lighting and thunder. is that right?

all in all im loving the mod and the stuff youve added im just wondering about these things.

ViSa has many units that are for flavor and variety that may/may not have duplicate function....

City Guard units are just fine as far as I know....I only saw a bugged Barb pic.

Chariots are from a wonder yes....what is the problem?

Tweak the INI as listed in the second or third post in this thread to adjust the included modcomps, one of which is the Not Another Game Clock Mod.

We had to hodge-podge wonder movies together so some may look strange but they should all be fine unless you find a blue screen with nothing playing and no stats.

Actuatlly, is there a strategy guide, or a forum someplace just for these types of questions? For example how Total Realism has this page:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=202

This mod is so different thanvanilla gameplay I have like a 1000 questions...

No we don't have our own development forum here. And ViSa is not much different than Warlords, just MORE so nobody in the ViSa Team will be making a Strategy Guide....but if somebody else does I will surely link to it :)

miserable09
Dec 19, 2006, 08:28 PM
No we don't have our own development forum here. And ViSa is not much different than Warlords, just MORE so nobody in the ViSa Team will be making a Strategy Guide....but if somebody else does I will surely link to it :)

Bummer! There's a lot of depth people might miss!

Well, here's one, at size 4, all my cities are complaining it's too crowded, at 7 there's so many "red shirts" that there's not enough people working for the city to grow any more. What to do????

TAfirehawk
Dec 19, 2006, 08:43 PM
Bummer! There's a lot of depth people might miss!

Well, here's one, at size 4, all my cities are complaining it's too crowded, at 7 there's so many "red shirts" that there's not enough people working for the city to grow any more. What to do????

Like you would in any other Civ game....nothing unique in ViSa really except you might find a few more resources/buildings to help. Thankfully those resources show on the screen/pedia as well as the buildings in the 'what do you want to build' popup.

V. Soma
Dec 20, 2006, 12:49 AM
Dear TAf,

Is there a change in AI behavior concerning ganging up on the human player?
Is that AI set to be aggressive?
I have experience that suggests this...;)

miserable09
Dec 20, 2006, 08:05 AM
Like you would in any other Civ game....nothing unique in ViSa really except you might find a few more resources/buildings to help. Thankfully those resources show on the screen/pedia as well as the buildings in the 'what do you want to build' popup.

Hmmm... I guess that makes sense. I guess with the fact that it's often A LOT longer between advances, it just seems like the workers are pissed off a lot more than they are in vanilla...

lord_graywolfe
Dec 20, 2006, 09:45 AM
ViSa has many units that are for flavor and variety that may/may not have duplicate function....

City Guard units are just fine as far as I know....I only saw a bugged Barb pic.

Chariots are from a wonder yes....what is the problem?

Tweak the INI as listed in the second or third post in this thread to adjust the included modcomps, one of which is the Not Another Game Clock Mod.

We had to hodge-podge wonder movies together so some may look strange but they should all be fine unless you find a blue screen with nothing playing and no stats.
:)

oh there was no problem with the chariots i was just wondering about them if that was right. and thanks for telling me how turn the turns off. so far all the movies have played fine i just was making sure that it was supose to look that way.

amazinggameguru
Dec 20, 2006, 10:47 AM
just thought I would post a couple of bugs that I have seen recently

KGB wonder video doesn't play
AI places no value on lost civilization or ruins resources, they won't give you anything for them and if they have them you can offer them nothing for them and get them.
I know that it was reported before but with the deer rider, the rider only shows up as pink, I saw the same thing with a landshneckt

Forsaken
Dec 20, 2006, 11:49 AM
Found a couple of bugs today mig 15's apear as a big red dot so now i have like 10 cities with red dots flying around them :)

Not sure if this ones a bug or not but i recently took deli (there Capital) from the indians, now every couple turns the city revolts for no reason i built the globe theater there just so they wouldn't revolt, am i missing something here :)

got another question i edited the unit Xml for the carrier to increase its cargo cap and now visa wont load any idea how i can fix this

KingAce
Dec 20, 2006, 02:53 PM
I was told of the VISA mod from a friend of mine and it is more than worth the DL.

I have several problems though running it im not sure if it is just my Video card ( Nvidia GFX) but i get Bad memory allocation alot and i cant play a single video for any wonder visa or not. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Great great work on the MOD it is amazing what people can do to games these days. Also TY for not charging 39.99 for it. well worth the price though

Alondin
Dec 20, 2006, 04:40 PM
Forsaken wrote:
"got another question i edited the unit Xml for the carrier to increase its cargo cap and now visa wont load any idea how i can fix this"

I also have increased the cargo capacity for carriers, but had no errors.
You must have made some sort of typo? I would suggest you reload the
XML file from the mod download, and then try again. Unfortunately once
it stops working its hard to find the problem...

Alondin

TAfirehawk
Dec 20, 2006, 06:11 PM
Dear TAf,

Is there a change in AI behavior concerning ganging up on the human player?
Is that AI set to be aggressive?
I have experience that suggests this...;)

No, unless Firaxis did something because we haven't touched the AI....so your experience has nothing to do with ViSa.

Hmmm... I guess that makes sense. I guess with the fact that it's often A LOT longer between advances, it just seems like the workers are pissed off a lot more than they are in vanilla...

A LOT longer between advances? I don't understand that at all because if anything people have complained tech moves too quick. ViSa is not a drastic change from Civ like some other mods....just MORE :)

just thought I would post a couple of bugs that I have seen recently

KGB wonder video doesn't play
AI places no value on lost civilization or ruins resources, they won't give you anything for them and if they have them you can offer them nothing for them and get them.
I know that it was reported before but with the deer rider, the rider only shows up as pink, I saw the same thing with a landshneckt

Yeah those are all things that have bugged me....unfortunately they haven't been a priority but we hope to get all of these for v3.0

Found a couple of bugs today mig 15's apear as a big red dot so now i have like 10 cities with red dots flying around them :)

Not sure if this ones a bug or not but i recently took deli (there Capital) from the indians, now every couple turns the city revolts for no reason i built the globe theater there just so they wouldn't revolt, am i missing something here :)

got another question i edited the unit Xml for the carrier to increase its cargo cap and now visa wont load any idea how i can fix this

First report of MIG-15's I believe and city revolts could be a general bug as it shouldn't be related to ViSa.

Changing cargo capacity and then starting a new game should be no problem, so obviously you have corrupted the XML somehow....which it should give an error on load to help debug it.

I was told of the VISA mod from a friend of mine and it is more than worth the DL.

I have several problems though running it im not sure if it is just my Video card ( Nvidia GFX) but i get Bad memory allocation alot and i cant play a single video for any wonder visa or not. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Great great work on the MOD it is amazing what people can do to games these days. Also TY for not charging 39.99 for it. well worth the price though

Nvidia normally is fine so something else must be wrong with your Civ install...no idea what, sorry.

Dogzilla
Dec 20, 2006, 06:15 PM
I couldn't run the installer. It finishes copying new files then I get this error:
"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run".
Has anyone gotten this or know how to correct it?

TAfirehawk
Dec 20, 2006, 06:17 PM
I couldn't run the installer. It finishes copying new files then I get this error:
"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run".
Has anyone gotten this or know how to correct it?

mrgenie has talked about some Microsoft components being needed that every copy of Windows should have....I don't remember off the top of my head what is needed....

You can download v1.2 full which is just a RAR, then v2.1 patch then the Registry Fix.....this method bypasses all the installer versions.

TAfirehawk
Dec 20, 2006, 06:21 PM
We haven't kept real good count of total downloads and a number of folks have downloaded multiple times....but I am fairly confident in these numbers.

3,000+ full v2.0 downloads
2,000-2,500+ patch v2.1 downloads

:dance: :beer: :bounce: :thanx:

1shmael
Dec 20, 2006, 06:47 PM
Ok. Here is a "bug" I am dealing with.

I want to ADD some units to the game. However, a very strange thing happens once I add more than three or four new units. Every turn, every time a unit is selected (any unit at all -- not just the new ones) a pop-up menu asks me "What player do you want to improve relations with?"

This is seriously cramping my style because, like you, I consider the work of others a mere platform for my own creativity and I seriously want my new units!!! :-)

Can you help?

TAfirehawk
Dec 21, 2006, 03:59 PM

I want to ADD some units to the game. However, a very strange thing happens once I add more than three or four new units. Every turn, every time a unit is selected (any unit at all -- not just the new ones) a pop-up menu asks me "What player do you want to improve relations with?"

This is seriously cramping my style because, like you, I consider the work of others a mere platform for my own creativity and I seriously want my new units!!! :-)

Can you help?

You have a bug in the XML I am sure....where amoungst the 50,000+ lines I have no idea :p

We have more than enough work just on ViSa so we don't support any mods of ViSa done by others....we will answer what questions we can but we won't troubleshoot somebody else's coding, sorry.

Forsaken
Dec 21, 2006, 08:14 PM
that error i get when i try and change the cargo cap for carrier from 3 to 6 is
XML Load Error
Failed Loading XML File XML\units/civ4unitinfos.xml.[.\FXML.cpp:133] Error parsingXML File:
XML\units/civ4unitinfos.xml
Reason: Invald at the top level of the document.
Line: 1,1
Source: i (looks like an i with 2 pionts)>>(then an upside down ? mark) <?xml version"1.0"?>

then i get a huge string of xml errors i tried it a couple of times got same thang i must be doing something wrong but have know idea what i just change 1 number.

rockinroger
Dec 21, 2006, 08:50 PM
Hi forsaken, be careful that when you change the carriers value. When i first started playing with civ4unitinfos i made many simple mistakes. for example deleting the < or > by accident. This caused much headaches. By the way I was able to change the carrier from 3 - 6, and it loaded fine. I think you may need to do a clean install, or install to desktop and then compare your changes with visa to figure out your errors. Good Luck!

Forsaken
Dec 21, 2006, 09:46 PM
Hi forsaken, be careful that when you change the carriers value. When i first started playing with civ4unitinfos i made many simple mistakes. for example deleting the < or > by accident. This caused much headaches. By the way I was able to change the carrier from 3 - 6, and it loaded fine. I think you may need to do a clean install, or install to desktop and then compare your changes with visa to figure out your errors. Good Luck!

thats the funny part all i did was change it from a 3 to a 6 thats it nothing else:cry: i dont understand why it is doing this

John Stalin
Dec 21, 2006, 11:34 PM
Add that one druidism mod, I love that mod and... well I'm a druid irl o_o

plus its my favorite dnd class and it just honors my ancetors...

whatever the case it'd be nice :D

Alondin
Dec 22, 2006, 06:45 AM
Forsaken wrote:
"that error i get when i try and change the cargo cap for carrier from 3 to 6 is
XML Load Error
Failed Loading XML File XML\units/civ4unitinfos.xml.[.\FXML.cpp:133] Error parsingXML File:
Source: i (looks like an i with 2 pionts)>>(then an upside down ? mark) <?xml version"1.0"?>

then i get a huge string of xml errors i tried it a couple of times got same thang i must be doing something wrong but have know idea what i just change 1 number."

I had the exact same problem. Turns out the editor was sticking some garbage first character in the file (which I couldn't see!), turning the rest of it into nonsense. Try just editing the file with Notepad, starting with a good XML. The clue that this is the same problem is that the error is flagged at Line 1,1, the very first character of the file.

Alondin, Master of Making Mistakes

John Stalin
Dec 22, 2006, 10:04 AM
Alondin, is that anything similar to fixing this problem I have with this loading?

When I'm loading the mod it will get an error saying that the program is trying to close in an unusual way or something...

Forsaken
Dec 22, 2006, 10:50 AM
Forsaken wrote:
"that error i get when i try and change the cargo cap for carrier from 3 to 6 is
XML Load Error

then i get a huge string of xml errors i tried it a couple of times got same thang i must be doing something wrong but have know idea what i just change 1 number."

I had the exact same problem. Turns out the editor was sticking some garbage first character in the file (which I couldn't see!), turning the rest of it into nonsense. Try just editing the file with Notepad, starting with a good XML. The clue that this is the same problem is that the error is flagged at Line 1,1, the very first character of the file.

Alondin, Master of Making Mistakes

perfect thats the answer i was looking for because i didn't use note pad i just used edit from the right click menu :D

i take that back even with note pad i still get that loading error guess i dont get to increase the carriers cargo cap lol

HAHAHA this is great just for shits anf giggles i tried editing it with word pad and aparently it worked civ loaded up and i went into my save game and the carrier cargo cap is 6 instead of 3 haha kinda funny i dont have any clue as too why it wouldn't work after opening it with word pad

John Stalin
Dec 22, 2006, 11:05 AM
Well no mod goes with out it's faults I guess. However I still need to know... how do I fix my game so that when loading the mod I dont get an error? It says... like "the program has requested to close the program in an unusual way" or something to that effect...

Forsaken
Dec 22, 2006, 01:58 PM
sounds like a graphics driver problem to me but i could be wrong

i got the same type of message when i tried to run a difrent game because my grapics card couldn't handle the game

John Stalin
Dec 22, 2006, 04:06 PM
so basically... i have to get a new graphics card?
well crapola.... XP

Psyringe
Dec 22, 2006, 04:25 PM
Don't buy a new graphics card yet. The error you mentioned is very unspecific and could emerge from all kinds of things. Forsaken got the error when he had a hraphics driver problem, I once got the error when I tried to load a savegame when I had an incompatible mod in CustomAssets. Unfortunately, this info will barely help you pinpoint it ... :(

TAfirehawk
Dec 22, 2006, 05:01 PM
Well no mod goes with out it's faults I guess. However I still need to know... how do I fix my game so that when loading the mod I dont get an error? It says... like "the program has requested to close the program in an unusual way" or something to that effect...

Psyringe is right, it might very well have nothing to do with the graphics card...and I would try new/old drivers long before buying a new one anyways.

TAfirehawk
Dec 22, 2006, 05:04 PM
G ERA UPDATE

The G Era guys released their v.30 source code today to me so we can include v.30 instead of v.25!!!!

They are in the middle of v.40 and understandably so they don't have it in a state to hand out...even to other modders.

Unfortunately I can't guess at when ViSa v3.0 will be ready, but it will be 2007 for sure....although we might get a pre v3.0 with just the G Era (none of the other 13-14 modcomps) out to select testers/posters to help with balancing.

Forsaken
Dec 22, 2006, 06:18 PM
has anyone else had problems with difrents civs having blank flags and if so is there a fix for it

PS as i said it sounds like a driver problem not exactly a graphics card problem
depending on how old the card is newer drivers arent always better or your settings could need a changing too i have about the cheapest graphics card out nividia mx 4000 i believe and it plays civ,wow,black and white,dungeon siege 2. i eventully had to use some older moded drivers before i stoped having graphics problems, atleast any major ones. :)

TAfirehawk
Dec 22, 2006, 06:47 PM
has anyone else had problems with difrents civs having blank flags and if so is there a fix for it

PS as i said it sounds like a driver problem not exactly a graphics card problem
depending on how old the card is newer drivers arent always better or your settings could need a changing too i have about the cheapest graphics card out nividia mx 4000 i believe and it plays civ,wow,black and white,dungeon siege 2. i eventully had to use some older moded drivers before i stoped having graphics problems, atleast any major ones. :)

Problems with Civ Flags is almost always because your graphics card can't display the Alpha channel....some other mods change their flags I think for this but we don't do that in ViSa.

Stellan_87
Dec 22, 2006, 06:53 PM
Does anyone have a slightly bigger Earthmap than the one made by strategy_only with starting positions...or the same size? Made for this mod of course.

Psyringe
Dec 22, 2006, 07:57 PM
The G Era guys released their v.30 source code today to me so we can include v.30 instead of v.25!!!!

They are in the middle of v.40 and understandably so they don't have it in a state to hand out...even to other modders.

That's threefold good news. :) First that GE v0.30 can be included, second that the reason for their reluctance to hand out their current source code was something so perfectly understandable, and third that they are working on an even better version of GE. :goodjob:

TAfirehawk
Dec 22, 2006, 08:05 PM
The G Era guys have some very amazing stuff coming...but ViSa is not about major/radical changes to Warlords so I am not sure we will adopt everything in coming versions.

Although they have done a great job so far and I would estimate we are including 90%-95% of the public release.

Ionopachys
Dec 22, 2006, 10:41 PM
I hope this is the appropriate place to make requests for added features for this awesome mod. I have two regarding religions:

Is there anyway you could implement Abbamouse's religion mod, or at least add Zoroastrianism? I tried to add Zoroastrianism myself, but I couldn't get it to work.

Could you add the SD Religion tech mod? I managed to merge it with VISA, and it works, mostly. The religions don't show up in the tech tree, but at least I don't accidentally found religions I don't want. I imagine the way I did it was incomplete, and a more fully integrated version would be really neat.

John Stalin
Dec 22, 2006, 11:28 PM
I dont have a link to the druidism mod.... but again I'd like to see it as well as other pagan religions :D

Anyways... if i may backtrack a bit...

Do you know how do I fix it? How do I active a VB service or switch drivers... im totally confused...

Chairman Mao
Dec 23, 2006, 12:21 PM
when I tryto load the mod i get a runtime error with the C++ library how is this caused?

Runtime Error!

Program: D:\Games\Civilization IV\Warlords\Civ4Warlords.exe

The application has requested the runtime to terminate itself in an unusual way please contatc the yadda yada for details.

Forsaken
Dec 23, 2006, 03:57 PM
Problems with Civ Flags is almost always because your graphics card can't display the Alpha channel....some other mods change their flags I think for this but we don't do that in ViSa.

But some of the flags show up just not all
plus in vanilla they all show up

Sovietof17
Dec 24, 2006, 06:22 AM
Was eusebius world religions ever discussed or considered for inclusion? About the only thing this mod lacks so far from playing it is a bit of spice in the religion zone...

PS. Why choose government funded healthcare over herbalism? The cost is much higher for the same benefit. [less unit building!] Is the happiness malus it gives other civilizations worth it?

V. Soma
Dec 24, 2006, 02:26 PM
I wish a Merry Christmas to everyone here and the ViSa-team :)

Sovietof17
Dec 24, 2006, 07:21 PM
Can someone look at my save and figure out how/why Inca became so dominant? It's score is over twice the next AI score and it is going to win a space race so I stopped playing. Save attached.

Also make sure to look at it's size 43 capital, that is frigging incredible. Notice that during the course of the entire game the AI only chose to declare war on me, or declared war on another AI once a result of a defensive pact [then canaceleed the pact? LAME]

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/64593/Sovietof17_AD-1818.CivWarlordsSave

simkodavid
Dec 25, 2006, 02:08 AM
About Memory Allocation Error

I've noticed the following regarding this error:

1. I mostly get it when playing continents, I think customized continents with huge map size.
Never got it on huge pangaea.

2. It happens with AutoSave, when checking the AUTO directory under saves\single\ I find a corrupted AutoSave file having the size of ~1.5 KB.

3. I've tried to do a QuickSave at the end of each turn and for the last 40 turns didn't get any error, of course as soon as I forgot to quicksave I got the error again.

Could it be that the process of QuickSave prevents the faulty AutoSave from happening ?

Can anyone validate my experience ?

Added later: After playin about 60 turns without any problem as mentioned above I got MAF while doing a QuickSave. So it doesn't work.

seady
Dec 25, 2006, 02:18 AM
G ERA UPDATE

Unfortunately I can't guess at when ViSa v3.0 will be ready, but it will be 2007 for sure....although we might get a pre v3.0 with just the G Era (none of the other 13-14 modcomps) out to select testers/posters to help with balancing.

I'd lvoe to play test although my attempt to get past the problems with the domestic advisor came to naught. I'm quite familiar with both mods. :)

Fujisan
Dec 25, 2006, 02:53 AM

Can you help?
You have a bug in the XML I am sure....where amoungst the 50,000+ lines I have no idea :p

We have more than enough work just on ViSa so we don't support any mods of ViSa done by others....we will answer what questions we can but we won't troubleshoot somebody else's coding, sorry.

It is very very funny that somebody else has the same strange "bug" as I had! :lol:

The same thing happens once I add more than three new improvements (in my Fair Start mod (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=196461)).

This is not XML error, surely. The problem seems to be in the Great Statesman Python code. I "fixed" this the next way.

Open CvGreatStatesmanGameUtils.py and find the next lines in it:
# This method is called when there is some type of action that wasn't handled.
def cannotHandleAction(self,argsList):
pPlot = argsList[0]
iAction = argsList[1]
bTestVisible = argsList[2]

# Handle the diplomatic relations button pressed action
if(iAction == DIPLOMATIC_RELATIONS):
self.__eventDiplomaticsRelationsPopup()

# Handle the start insurrection button pressed action
if(iAction == START_INSURRECTION):
self.startInsurrection()

return False

then turn off several lines as below:
# This method is called when there is some type of action that wasn't handled.
def cannotHandleAction(self,argsList):
pPlot = argsList[0]
iAction = argsList[1]
bTestVisible = argsList[2]

# Handle the diplomatic relations button pressed action
#if(iAction == DIPLOMATIC_RELATIONS):
# self.__eventDiplomaticsRelationsPopup()

# Handle the start insurrection button pressed action
#if(iAction == START_INSURRECTION):
# self.startInsurrection()

return False

I have no idea how this changes the Great Statesman behaviour, but this resolves the problem of boring popups.

TAfirehawk
Dec 25, 2006, 06:16 PM
I hope this is the appropriate place to make requests for added features for this awesome mod. I have two regarding religions:

Is there anyway you could implement Abbamouse's religion mod, or at least add Zoroastrianism? I tried to add Zoroastrianism myself, but I couldn't get it to work.

Could you add the SD Religion tech mod? I managed to merge it with VISA, and it works, mostly. The religions don't show up in the tech tree, but at least I don't accidentally found religions I don't want. I imagine the way I did it was incomplete, and a more fully integrated version would be really neat.

I will add those to the list, but I have no intention of moving religions from their already defined techs....that would just confuse everybody and add to the already large number of techs we have with the G Era added into v3.0

I dont have a link to the druidism mod.... but again I'd like to see it as well as other pagan religions :D

Anyways... if i may backtrack a bit...

Do you know how do I fix it? How do I active a VB service or switch drivers... im totally confused...

No link makes it pretty hard to check it out ;)

I suggest reinstalling Civ, ViSa, video drivers or anything else....I know its not great advice but about all I am good for :P

when I tryto load the mod i get a runtime error with the C++ library how is this caused?

Sounds like an install issue....ViSa v2.1 is very stable in the install and running.

Was eusebius world religions ever discussed or considered for inclusion? About the only thing this mod lacks so far from playing it is a bit of spice in the religion zone...

PS. Why choose government funded healthcare over herbalism? The cost is much higher for the same benefit. [less unit building!] Is the happiness malus it gives other civilizations worth it?

Eusebius was on the mod list but was removed as it changed Civ too much....ViSa is not about radical change...just MORE, MORE, MORE, MORE :lol:

About Memory Allocation Error

I've noticed the following regarding this error:

1. I mostly get it when playing continents, I think customized continents with huge map size.
Never got it on huge pangaea.

2. It happens with AutoSave, when checking the AUTO directory under saves\single\ I find a corrupted AutoSave file having the size of ~1.5 KB.

3. I've tried to do a QuickSave at the end of each turn and for the last 40 turns didn't get any error, of course as soon as I forgot to quicksave I got the error again.

Could it be that the process of QuickSave prevents the faulty AutoSave from happening ?

Can anyone validate my experience ?

Added later: After playin about 60 turns without any problem as mentioned above I got MAF while doing a QuickSave. So it doesn't work.

MAF is ANY save, not just autosave actually.

Fujisan
Dec 26, 2006, 10:05 PM
Bug report

Due to culture leak through trade routes (seemingly), the total nationality sometimes overwlows 100%. In most cases it doesn't influence the gameplay much, but sometimes it achieves the values like 500% and the city starts revolving for "we want to join motherland!" reason.

I think, it is clear from the attached picture. One turn before this screenshot was taken, there was "0% tibetian" only.

I like the idea of the culture leak. But until the problem is resolved, I play with the culture leak option turned off.

seady
Dec 26, 2006, 11:10 PM
I found a lot of the problems i had with slow loading went away when i uninstalled totally then reinstalled.

simkodavid
Dec 27, 2006, 03:47 AM
Hello Seady.

Before doing that myself, did you clear your cache before
each game ? because if you did I'll probably reinstall mine too.

TAfirehawk
Dec 27, 2006, 03:57 PM
Bug report

Due to culture leak through trade routes (seemingly), the total nationality sometimes overwlows 100%. In most cases it doesn't influence the gameplay much, but sometimes it achieves the values like 500% and the city starts revolving for "we want to join motherland!" reason.

I think, it is clear from the attached picture. One turn before this screenshot was taken, there was "0% tibetian" only.

I like the idea of the culture leak. But until the problem is resolved, I play with the culture leak option turned off.

Must be something in TheLopez code....we didn't change it really.

I found a lot of the problems i had with slow loading went away when i uninstalled totally then reinstalled.

Only possible reason for slow loading is stuff in Custom Assets or not using FPK files.

Hello Seady.

Before doing that myself, did you clear your cache before
each game ? because if you did I'll probably reinstall mine too.

As above, clean install with FPK instead of 15,000 art files takes load times from 5-10 minutes to 30-60 seconds or however fast plain Warlords loads :)

wotan321
Dec 28, 2006, 02:28 PM
Are there any maps built for this mod?

Winterheat
Dec 28, 2006, 03:02 PM
First of all let me thank you for this great mod :thumbsup:.

Now to the main reason for my posting: the foreign language incompatibility of this mod . I managed to make it work with other languages or to be more precise to make it work with the german version (I also translated some more stuff into german, mainly the units, buildings and techs but didn't translated the pedia stuff nor the new diplomacy stuff and the civs also need some more translation). In the other 3 languages (french, spanish, italian) there`s also no more missing text but as I didn't have the time to copy the english text most of the new stuff will display only as 'not translated' in these languages. Get the files here (http://www.file-bunker.org/index.php?d=6de3b5d0229fc2c70b21aad310e58bc0) (replace the Text folder in the ViSa/xml directory).

Another thing that you probably already know and corrected for the next version is the mislinked txt keys for some new civics (see attached screenshot).

TAfirehawk
Dec 28, 2006, 04:42 PM
Are there any maps built for this mod?

Read the first post, it has a link.

First of all let me thank you for this great mod :thumbsup:.

Now to the main reason for my posting: the foreign language incompatibility of this mod . I managed to make it work with other languages or to be more precise to make it work with the german version (I also translated some more stuff into german, mainly the units, buildings and techs but didn't translated the pedia stuff nor the new diplomacy stuff and the civs also need some more translation). In the other 3 languages (french, spanish, italian) there`s also no more missing text but as I didn't have the time to copy the english text most of the new stuff will display only as 'not translated' in these languages. Get the files here (http://www.file-bunker.org/index.php?d=6de3b5d0229fc2c70b21aad310e58bc0) (replace the Text folder in the ViSa/xml directory).

Another thing that you probably already know and corrected for the next version is the mislinked txt keys for some new civics (see attached screenshot).

First post states only ENGLISH and I don't see that changing any time soon, sorry. I will look at those files but we are very particular in what we merge so things remain stable.

And that screenshot just shows a missing Strategy text most of which have been fixed for v3.0

Roamty
Dec 28, 2006, 06:04 PM
A fix to label the Quote panel in CvPediaTech screen.

TAfirehawk
Dec 28, 2006, 06:18 PM
A fix to label the Quote panel in CvPediaTech screen.

What is this fixing?

Roamty
Dec 28, 2006, 06:34 PM
it labels the quote panel, you have the quote for the tech, but the panel itself is not label like units buildings etc.

bigbill2006
Dec 29, 2006, 03:26 AM
great mod guys. was wondering when your next patch comes out and if it will have any extra units for the brits? like tornado challanger11 as england seem to lack other civs in the later part of the game.
love the mod by the way this mod made me go buy warlords.

TAfirehawk
Dec 29, 2006, 03:35 PM
great mod guys. was wondering when your next patch comes out and if it will have any extra units for the brits? like tornado challanger11 as england seem to lack other civs in the later part of the game.
love the mod by the way this mod made me go buy warlords.

I had hoped it would be ready by now, but school and work have taken 99% of our ViSa time so we have a long ways to go yet.

No new units that I know of....

1shmael
Dec 29, 2006, 05:02 PM
Can someone tell me from where the music comes that is used for the Title screen? It's awsome!

TAfirehawk
Dec 29, 2006, 05:26 PM
Can someone tell me from where the music comes that is used for the Title screen? It's awsome!

Have to ask keldath, pretty sure he put that together.

seady
Dec 30, 2006, 02:07 AM
How do you integrate another era into ViSa? I can't find any documentation on adding eras (which xml files for example) and am not sure how the genetic era can slot in.

TAfirehawk
Dec 30, 2006, 01:49 PM
How do you integrate another era into ViSa? I can't find any documentation on adding eras (which xml files for example) and am not sure how the genetic era can slot in.

Well Firaxis tells you which files to edit right in the CIV4EraInfos.XML to remove an Era so those are the files to add an Era as well.

I haven't done it myself but that seems pretty simple....and you can just use WinMerge to compare G Era files to plain Warlords to see every single change if you need to go that far.

miserable09
Dec 30, 2006, 04:23 PM
Just wanted to post and say THANK YOU for an amazing mod. After a few days of a learning curve figuring out the HUGE amount of changes, I finally have a decent civilization up and running, and am blown away at how good this mod is. Nice work all...

TAfirehawk
Dec 30, 2006, 04:43 PM
Just wanted to post and say THANK YOU for an amazing mod. After a few days of a learning curve figuring out the HUGE amount of changes, I finally have a decent civilization up and running, and am blown away at how good this mod is. Nice work all...

Thank you...we really enjoy playing and working on it....shame our time is so limited now.

It does take some time to learn most of the things :)

seady
Dec 30, 2006, 07:20 PM
Well Firaxis tells you which files to edit right in the CIV4EraInfos.XML to remove an Era so those are the files to add an Era as well.

I haven't done it myself but that seems pretty simple....and you can just use WinMerge to compare G Era files to plain Warlords to see every single change if you need to go that far.

Thanks for that, i'll tinker with that file and see what happens!

TAfirehawk
Dec 31, 2006, 07:46 AM
Thanks for that, i'll tinker with that file and see what happens!

<!-- EraInfo - This structure describes the name and soundtracks for each era. -->
<!-- -->
<!-- MODDERS: Removing ERA's can cause problems if you are not careful. If you must remove them, you need to do the following: -->
<!-- 1. Clean up the references to the ERA's in CIV4BuildingInfos -->
<!-- 2. Clean up the references to the ERA's in CIV4TechInfos -->
<!-- 3. Clean up the references to the ERA's in CIV4LeaderHeadInfos -->
<!-- 4. Clean up the references to the ERA's in CIV4CityLSystem -->
<!-- 5. Clean up the references to the ERA's in CIV4PlotLSystem -->
<!-- Good luck! -->

Be sure to hit all those files.

And with the G Era compare to plain Warlords....just search for 'Genetic Era' :eek:

ruffriders23
Dec 31, 2006, 11:04 AM
I've noticed the further I get in the game, the slower the game goes between turns. Is there a fix or patch for this? I am running a 2.8 Ghz comp with 2.4 gigs of RAM. It is NOT my computer guys.

TAfirehawk
Dec 31, 2006, 11:24 AM
I've noticed the further I get in the game, the slower the game goes between turns. Is there a fix or patch for this? I am running a 2.8 Ghz comp with 2.4 gigs of RAM. It is NOT my computer guys.

Talk to Firaxis....plain Warlords and vanilla Civ have the same issue.

mrgenie has done some work to reduce wait time as well as turn off some modcomps that get slow in the late game...but the real problem is Civ itself.

BTW, we are not hiding any patches, everything is listed in the first post along with any known issues.

Tboy
Jan 01, 2007, 05:02 AM
Question: I've turned on the PLE_GRP_PROMO option, and cannot turn it off by clicking on it. It's also gotten rid of the little thing above that shows units (see screenie below):

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/49904/error_screenie.JPG

Is this a bug, or is there a fix that I don't know about?

EDIT: Bug fixed, found out that I needed to use other buttons.

TAfirehawk
Jan 01, 2007, 06:45 AM
Question: I've turned on the PLE_GRP_PROMO option, and cannot turn it off by clicking on it. It's also gotten rid of the little thing above that shows units (see screenie below):

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/49904/error_screenie.JPG

Is this a bug, or is there a fix that I don't know about?

EDIT: Bug fixed, found out that I needed to use other buttons.

Glad you got the PLE mod figured out....we link to the original thread of that in the first post...as we do with all mods we include so people know how to use them.

BTW, love the Mark Twain quote :D

Spearthrower
Jan 01, 2007, 09:25 AM
I just wanted to chime in to add my gratitude and congratulations on turning out, what I consider to be, the finest mod on the market! :)

There are some others like Rhyes that are fantastic for redesigning from scratch, and FFH that is highly original and imaginative.... but this is definitely the most comprehensive and deep modification of the basic game itself. I have had an absolute blast today playing it - there are some elements I would like to change or to have tweaked, but overall it is absolutely fantastic.

I really hope that you guys keep at it, even with rl taking up too much time, and keep steadily updating and developing!

I am going to write to the mods to see if you can get a separate forum for this - it clearly deserves it and half the individual mod forums aren't even being used anymore.

All the best and thanks again

Spear

TAfirehawk
Jan 01, 2007, 10:22 AM
I just wanted to chime in to add my gratitude and congratulations on turning out, what I consider to be, the finest mod on the market! :)

There are some others like Rhyes that are fantastic for redesigning from scratch, and FFH that is highly original and imaginative.... but this is definitely the most comprehensive and deep modification of the basic game itself. I have had an absolute blast today playing it - there are some elements I would like to change or to have tweaked, but overall it is absolutely fantastic.

I really hope that you guys keep at it, even with rl taking up too much time, and keep steadily updating and developing!

I am going to write to the mods to see if you can get a separate forum for this - it clearly deserves it and half the individual mod forums aren't even being used anymore.

All the best and thanks again

Spear

I am glad you enjoy it :)

Our goal is to add-on to what Firaxis has done, not make something from scratch because quite frankly there are other mods that are doing a far better job with new content than we could ever do.

Of course some things are unique to ViSa like the scrolling Civic Screen, but mostly we merge mods into ViSa.

I thought about asking for a separate forum, but not sure those get viewed enough by all the folks here....but we will have a brand new thread for V3.0 :)

BTW, I am trying to load up V3.0 for the first time right now!!!! The source code isn't updated so not sure it will run, but I have to get in-game to finish tweaking the tech tree....which is the last XML from the G Era to finish.

TAfirehawk
Jan 01, 2007, 10:29 AM
ViSa v3.0 Beta Patch Notes

This is what is merged so far....we will begin testing once the source code gets sorted out.

blipadouzi
Jan 01, 2007, 11:36 AM
Looks great...I can't wait to try it out...especially the new Total Victory condition.

ViSa v3.0 Beta Patch Notes

This is what is merged so far....we will begin testing once the source code gets sorted out.

Snake Pliskeen
Jan 01, 2007, 07:33 PM
I need help. I've downloaded this mod and after installed I've tried to load it but I get always several errors while loading and it's impossible to play. I loaded others mods without this prolems. What can I do?

blipadouzi
Jan 01, 2007, 07:50 PM
I need help. I've downloaded this mod and after installed I've tried to load it but I get always several errors while loading and it's impossible to play. I loaded others mods without this prolems. What can I do?

First and foremost...make sure you are playing it with your Civilization IV: Warloards CD, and not your Civilization IV CD...

Secondly, make sure you are running Warlords on v 2.08...

If you have done all that, then the ViSa moderators will have to help you.

Snake Pliskeen
Jan 01, 2007, 07:55 PM
I've Warlords CD and the 2.08 patch. What it can be then?

agoodfella
Jan 01, 2007, 09:44 PM
This mod looks amazing.

This mod also looks very intimidating to get installed and up and running properly... should a complete techno-idiot like myself wait until there is a bonafide stable version out?

I figure the fewer steps the better - i.e. for tech-challenged folks like myself it would be great to just unzip a folder directly into the Warlords Mod folder and be done with it (i.e. vs. fixing this file, or patching that, or clearing this cache, etc. - I always manage to screw that up royally).

Thanks

Brave Sir Robin
Jan 01, 2007, 09:52 PM
visa team
will the genetic era be something you can check on or off ?
most things in this mod are choosable :goodjob: (is that a word?)
I like this mod ,but must admit i have NO desire to play into a future era

Infantry#14
Jan 01, 2007, 10:02 PM
nice mod, way too many civ, very overwhelming

Supreme Shogun
Jan 01, 2007, 10:38 PM
Excuse me, Don't ruin it for the rest of us. Choice is a good thing. There isn't anything wrong with the number of civs. It'd be boring if it was the same old civ over and over.

JohnYoga
Jan 01, 2007, 11:43 PM
This mod looks amazing.

This mod also looks very intimidating to get installed and up and running properly... should a complete techno-idiot like myself wait until there is a bonafide stable version out?

I figure the fewer steps the better - i.e. for tech-challenged folks like myself it would be great to just unzip a folder directly into the Warlords Mod folder and be done with it (i.e. vs. fixing this file, or patching that, or clearing this cache, etc. - I always manage to screw that up royally).

Thanks

Especially if I want the rest of my family to play this via MP...

I, like you, am waiting for it to be one simple zipped mod file, I can dump into Warlords mod folder, and be done with it... I can't wait for this day!:)

John

Tboy
Jan 02, 2007, 04:05 AM
BTW, love the Mark Twain quote :D

Thanks, I got the idea from the simpsons.

I'd also like to register my extreme appreciation for this mod, which is by far the best I've played. I'm so addicted, I played it until 1:00am one evening.

One suggestion: would it be possible to add in the 'Revolution' Mod? Because I think it would improve the mod yet further.

HitAnyKey
Jan 02, 2007, 09:06 AM
This mod looks amazing.

I, like you, am waiting for it to be one simple zipped mod file, I can dump into Warlords mod folder, and be done with it... I can't wait for this day!:)

It's already a very easy install. They created an Installer program.

You just download the installer, and run it. It automatically creates the correct Mod folder, and extracts all the files into it.

Then you download the patch to 2.1 and that is the only one you have to Extract yourself, by extracting it to your ViSa mod folder which the 2.0 installer created.

And you're done. It's as simple as that.

agoodfella
Jan 02, 2007, 12:21 PM
It's already a very easy install. They created an Installer program.

You just download the installer, and run it. It automatically creates the correct Mod folder, and extracts all the files into it.

Then you download the patch to 2.1 and that is the only one you have to Extract yourself, by extracting it to your ViSa mod folder which the 2.0 installer created.

And you're done. It's as simple as that.

Yeah, but having read through some of the posts (granted only a few), I've read suggestions of "have you tried clearing your cache", "you should clear this folder"...

I mean I don't mean to sound ungrateful or petty - this is a mod i am looking forward to - but i just don't have the confidence i'll get it right without screwing up my whole game folder...

i've been through that painful process a number of times.

i guess the real question i was asking was simply, will there be a final version which just unzips straight into the Warlords Mod folder at some point in time (i.e. incorporating all the patches and changes)?

blipadouzi
Jan 02, 2007, 01:15 PM
Yeah, but having read through some of the posts (granted only a few), I've read suggestions of "have you tried clearing your cache", "you should clear this folder"...

I mean I don't mean to sound ungrateful or petty - this is a mod i am looking forward to - but i just don't have the confidence i'll get it right without screwing up my whole game folder...

i guess the real question i was asking was simply, will there be a final version which just unzips straight into the Warlords Mod folder at some point in time (i.e. incorporating all the patches and changes)?

If memory serves me correctly...there is an option in the auto-installer that asks if you want it to clear your cache for you...so you really have nothing to worry about or to remember to do to get it right.

Just keep clicking next as the installer proceeds, and make sure to read the options as they present themselves.

It took me all of 15 minutes to download and install both the ViSa mod & patch.

The only thing you have to do manually in any way shape or form is to change the "; Specify a Mod folder" section of your Warlods civilization.ini file from:
Mod = 0
to
Mod = mods/ViSa

Doing this allows the ViSa mod to be loaded by default every time you insert your Warlords CD.

agoodfella
Jan 02, 2007, 03:31 PM
If memory serves me correctly...there is an option in the auto-installer that asks if you want it to clear your cache for you...so you really have nothing to worry about or to remember to do to get it right.

Just keep clicking next as the installer proceeds, and make sure to read the options as they present themselves.

It took me all of 15 minutes to download and install both the ViSa mod & patch.

The only thing you have to do manually in any way shape or form is to change the "; Specify a Mod folder" section of your Warlods civilization.ini file from:
Mod = 0
to
Mod = mods/ViSa

Doing this allows the ViSa mod to be loaded by default every time you insert your Warlords CD.

OK, i may bite.

1) where exactly do you uninstall the Patch? Straight into the new VISA MODS folder? - i.e. not another subfolder of the VISA MOD folder?

2) i've read that its best to clear the WARLORDS -> MY CUSTOM GAMES folder -> does that mean i should delete the entire thing? or leave the MY CUSTOM GAMES folder alone

... still, i'd feel better once any and all bugs are sorted out with a final version... i'm totally willing to wait for an "idiot-proof" version.

Rylock
Jan 02, 2007, 04:08 PM
I just wanted to comment to the mod team that Visa has been single-handedly responsible for renewing my interest in CivIV and prompted me to look out numerous other mods (most recently the Warlords release of Total Realism). My favorite is still Visa, however, and after trying another mod recently that didn't change very much I can honestly say I became confused because I'd been taking some of the changes for granted.

So great job overall. A few points of feedback, if you're interested:

* One thing I did enjoy from Total Realism was their treatment of religion, especially with the idea that having non-state religions in your city will cause unhappiness when you have Organized Religion active (and this becomes worse with Theocracy, although there you get access to Inquisitors). I know you are adding Inquisitors into the next version, but unless religions conflict with each other it seems like it wouldn't be all that necessary.

* I don't know what they did, but with Total Realism I can get 24 civs on any game I start. Is there any way you can do this? Visa has so many civ choices, I would love to be able to put them all on a giant map and go. Unless there's some way to already do this and I'm just dumb (that may very well be the case).

* Having the ships go faster (the Triremes and Galleys, for instance, move 4 spaces instead of 2) was an unexpected pleasure. Ship travel was supposed to be faster, after all, and this wasn't as unbalancing as I thought it might be. Certainly I was using Galleys to transport military units whenever I could as it was much faster, even when the destination wasn't on another island, and that's probably how it should be.

Beyond that, I think I still like everything in Visa more. Thanks again.

Spearthrower
Jan 02, 2007, 04:20 PM
agoodfella - this mod is already "idiot-proof".... just download it, run it and point it at your warlords/mods folder. Don't follow any other instructions! ;)

Rylock.... the one main thing I liked about TR was the stack / aid upgrade. I'd be interested in seeing that put into ViSa. The system allows for a more solid feel to armies as different troops lend a bonus to the stack.

My biggest complaint about ViSa is actually to do with the leaders.... I realise they come from another source.... however, I just personally find a lot of them to be rather obscure - or worse.... the Conan stuff just puts me off and always seems to creep into any random game I set up. Still, it just forces me to learn how to remove/edit leaders!! ;)

TAfirehawk
Jan 02, 2007, 06:18 PM
I've Warlords CD and the 2.08 patch. What it can be then?

If you didn't run the V2.0 installer, then it is the Registry Fix you need.

This mod looks amazing.

Thanks

As others said, this is a very easy install....the V2.0 installer makes it idiot proof actually. Other notes in first post are for non-standard installs or advanced users.

visa team
will the genetic era be something you can check on or off ?
most things in this mod are choosable :goodjob: (is that a word?)
I like this mod ,but must admit i have NO desire to play into a future era

At this point, with most Team members with very limited time, I don't see us getting the feature to turn modcomps on/off in V3.0 sorry.

BTW, give the G Era merge a chance....I think everybody will like what we have brought in....or else we wouldn't be bringing it in :)

John

We have had literally 100's of problems with this setup from people....and next to none with our automatic installer....in fact you get BOTH, auto install v2.0 and manual patch v2.1 ;)

Thanks, I got the idea from the simpsons.

I'd also like to register my extreme appreciation for this mod, which is by far the best I've played. I'm so addicted, I played it until 1:00am one evening.

One suggestion: would it be possible to add in the 'Revolution' Mod? Because I think it would improve the mod yet further.

Revolution Mod is already on our list.....when, well nobody knows :crazyeye:

Final version is V2.0 full and patch V2.1....doesn't get much simpler....

The V2.0 Full auto installer does everything for you....not sure V3.0 will have same installer but it will be in a different directory than ViSa v2.0 anyways.

I just wanted to comment to the mod team that Visa has been single-handedly responsible for renewing my interest in CivIV and prompted me to look out numerous other mods (most recently the Warlords release of Total Realism). My favorite is still Visa, however, and after trying another mod recently that didn't change very much I can honestly say I became confused because I'd been taking some of the changes for granted.

So great job overall. A few points of feedback, if you're interested:

* One thing I did enjoy from Total Realism was their treatment of religion, especially with the idea that having non-state religions in your city will cause unhappiness when you have Organized Religion active (and this becomes worse with Theocracy, although there you get access to Inquisitors). I know you are adding Inquisitors into the next version, but unless religions conflict with each other it seems like it wouldn't be all that necessary.

* I don't know what they did, but with Total Realism I can get 24 civs on any game I start. Is there any way you can do this? Visa has so many civ choices, I would love to be able to put them all on a giant map and go. Unless there's some way to already do this and I'm just dumb (that may very well be the case).

* Having the ships go faster (the Triremes and Galleys, for instance, move 4 spaces instead of 2) was an unexpected pleasure. Ship travel was supposed to be faster, after all, and this wasn't as unbalancing as I thought it might be. Certainly I was using Galleys to transport military units whenever I could as it was much faster, even when the destination wasn't on another island, and that's probably how it should be.

Beyond that, I think I still like everything in Visa more. Thanks again.

The merge of the G Era should bring in 24 Civs, but honestly I am still thinking about turning that off because of the MAF issue.

Religion mods often change it too much, ViSa is about MORE Warlords, not changing Warlords....but TR has good stuff we may look at one day.

Glad you are enjoying ViSa and I feel the same when I go play other mods....I am lost and confused saying, 'why don't they have this, it is standard'. :eek:

agoodfella - this mod is already "idiot-proof".... just download it, run it and point it at your warlords/mods folder. Don't follow any other instructions! ;)

Rylock.... the one main thing I liked about TR was the stack / aid upgrade. I'd be interested in seeing that put into ViSa. The system allows for a more solid feel to armies as different troops lend a bonus to the stack.

My biggest complaint about ViSa is actually to do with the leaders.... I realise they come from another source.... however, I just personally find a lot of them to be rather obscure - or worse.... the Conan stuff just puts me off and always seems to creep into any random game I set up. Still, it just forces me to learn how to remove/edit leaders!! ;)

Leaders have numerous issues....some of which are fixed in V3.0....we don't have a dedicated graphics person on the team so you won't see much done in that respect unless merged from another mod.

TAfirehawk
Jan 02, 2007, 08:14 PM
ViSa has its own Project & Mod Development Forum (http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=230) now!!!

Please direct all posts to that forum, thank you.

TAfirehawk
Jan 03, 2007, 05:59 PM
In case anybody missed it.....

LOOK UP :)

JohnYoga
Jan 10, 2007, 12:57 PM
I can chime in with Rylock...This mod has brought excited new interest in me.

I appreciate all of the work that all have put into this mod. Thank you very much.

I play with the Blitz mode, and it makes the game runs much less torturously.

I do see some interesting glitches, but let me play through a couple more times before I comment on them, as some may not be!

Modders who have made Visa a masterpiece, again, THANK YOU.

Regards to all,

John

TAfirehawk
Jan 10, 2007, 03:32 PM
I can chime in with Rylock...This mod has brought excited new interest in me.

I appreciate all of the work that all have put into this mod. Thank you very much.

I play with the Blitz mode, and it makes the game runs much less torturously.

I do see some interesting glitches, but let me play through a couple more times before I comment on them, as some may not be!

Modders who have made Visa a masterpiece, again, THANK YOU.

Regards to all,

John

Please report your findings and comments in the ViSa Forum :)

JohnYoga
Jan 14, 2007, 10:15 AM
Visa mod team...

You may want to keep this thread alive/fresh, as you'll slip further and further down the modpacks forum list if you don't, thus causing new folks/existing lurkers not to know that your Visa mod even exists...

John

Mrdie
Jan 14, 2007, 06:22 PM
Thought about adding the Eusebius World Religions - REVIVAL (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=201482) mod to ViSa?

Psyringe
Jan 14, 2007, 07:16 PM
Thought about adding the Eusebius World Religions - REVIVAL (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=201482) mod to ViSa?

Eusebius has been brought forward several times. So far, the ViSa team has said that Eusebius' mod alters the gameplay too much, while ViSa is intended as a mod that (mainly) adds more of the original gameplay, or gameplay similar to the original game.

Which is a perfectly logical and understandable point of view. Although I'd like to see EWR included too. :)

ruffriders23
Jan 14, 2007, 08:10 PM
I would like to see them add something in where you can play as either the Barbarians or Pirates (from the Pirates Mod on the vanilla Civ IV Mod). I love the Visa Mod and play it exclusively. But, I want, sometimes, to play as the bad guys too.

I tried Total Realism, but it gets real annoying when guys keep attacking my city out of the middle of NOWHERE throughout the game. Visa Mod has all the features that I love about a few mods. Pirates of the Caribbean anyone?

TAfirehawk
Jan 16, 2007, 05:05 PM
Visa mod team...

You may want to keep this thread alive/fresh, as you'll slip further and further down the modpacks forum list if you don't, thus causing new folks/existing lurkers not to know that your Visa mod even exists...

John

Well a new thread will be posted for V3 here as well....

And we are pretty happy with over 3,500 downloads :)

TAfirehawk
Jan 16, 2007, 05:08 PM
Eusebius has been brought forward several times. So far, the ViSa team has said that Eusebius' mod alters the gameplay too much, while ViSa is intended as a mod that (mainly) adds more of the original gameplay, or gameplay similar to the original game.

Which is a perfectly logical and understandable point of view. Although I'd like to see EWR included too. :)

You are absolutely right...and I don't see us changing any time soon, still lots to do....like the 15+ modcomp additions for V3 :)

Stalin5
Jan 16, 2007, 11:57 PM
The game crashes immediatley at some random point in the late classical era,there is no error message,smaller maps and lower graphics aettings help,but the crash is always inevitable,it happens at the end of a turn,and if you reload the game and try to end the turn again,it will always crash and you have to start a new game.Otherwise,greate mod but:

-Having Ukraine and certain soviet territories is sort of redundant,it would be better if you compiled their unique buildings and units together,so instead of russia and ukraine,just have the soviet union.

-The tech fusion should be two diffrent techs,thermonuclear weapons(earlier,right after fission),this lets you build more expensive but more powerful versions of the existing nukes,and controlled fusion(in the spot where the original fusion tech is),which let's you build the fusion power plant improve ment in a city,with %300 the effect of a regular nuke plant,but no meltdown.

-there are other improvements that could make this mod much better but there are way to many to type,these are just examples.

ruffriders23
Jan 17, 2007, 04:36 AM
I get a video memory allocation error. Basically the game takes FAR too long in between turns and it crashes after about maybe 10-15 turns now in my saved game.

WGW
Jan 17, 2007, 06:39 AM
The game crashes immediatley at some random point in the late classical era,there is no error message,smaller maps and lower graphics aettings help,but the crash is always inevitable,it happens at the end of a turn,and if you reload the game and try to end the turn again,it will always crash and you have to start a new game.

could be that you set the city radius to 3 instead of 2.
i have an problem that it just kicks me out the game after several turns when i set city radius to 3 instead of 2. playing an normal game works fine tough.

ruffriders23
Jan 17, 2007, 07:06 AM
I changed the text file. But, I would like to see the game play delay atleast helped in later versions. I know some of it is just Civ IV, but if there is something that can be done to speed up the lag time between turns, I would have much more interest.

Stalin5
Jan 17, 2007, 08:25 AM
I did set the radius to three,but if it doesn't work then why make it available?Why is the 3 tile city radius so problematic?Can you fix this in a later version?Is there any way I can have my cake and eat it too without waiting for 3.00?Cause,dang,I liked the three tile radius feature,I didn't have to use ICS to eek out every hammer/coin/food in my nation's territory and it reduced corruption and the time I spend over-managing my cities greatly.

ruffriders23
Jan 17, 2007, 09:51 AM
I did set the radius to three,but if it doesn't work then why make it available?Why is the 3 tile city radius so problematic?Can you fix this in a later version?Is there any way I can have my cake and eat it too without waiting for 3.00?Cause,dang,I liked the three tile radius feature,I didn't have to use ICS to eek out every hammer/coin/food in my nation's territory and it reduced corruption and the time I spend over-managing my cities greatly.

Ya, what he said.

Morfydd
Jan 17, 2007, 02:32 PM
The game crashes immediatley at some random point in the late classical era,there is no error message,smaller maps and lower graphics aettings help,but the crash is always inevitable,it happens at the end of a turn,and if you reload the game and try to end the turn again,it will always crash and you have to start a new game.Otherwise,greate mod but:

-Having Ukraine and certain soviet territories is sort of redundant,it would be better if you compiled their unique buildings and units together,so instead of russia and ukraine,just have the soviet union.

-The tech fusion should be two diffrent techs,thermonuclear weapons(earlier,right after fission),this lets you build more expensive but more powerful versions of the existing nukes,and controlled fusion(in the spot where the original fusion tech is),which let's you build the fusion power plant improve ment in a city,with %300 the effect of a regular nuke plant,but no meltdown.

-there are other improvements that could make this mod much better but there are way to many to type,these are just examples.

no historically the two are very much different ...For the most part the ukraine has been an independent nation <The Soviet Union only lasted 69 years ie it is not a CIV but a fly by night experiment that failed 1922 till 1991 not very long historically speaking>

TAfirehawk
Jan 17, 2007, 05:38 PM
Folks, let me REPEAT....this thread is done, please go to the development forum.

ruffriders23
Jan 17, 2007, 06:18 PM
Well, this IS the mod pack forum. Makes sense to talk about the mod in here.

TAfirehawk
Jan 17, 2007, 06:41 PM
Well, this IS the mod pack forum. Makes sense to talk about the mod in here.

NO

The development forum is the place...please go there.

If necessary I will have Thunderfall close this thread, not to be a pain to people but the entire forum we have setup from Thunderfall is there for a reason....and why the other 'big' mods use their own forum here.

ruffriders23
Jan 18, 2007, 07:44 AM
I get what you are saying... but I never go to the "big mod forum". It is easier to just come here and see whats up with ALL the mods I play. Not have to go different places on this site.

In the Army we use the acronym K.I.S.S. meaning Keep It Simple Stupid. I'm not saying you are stupid, but you get the drift? Keep it simple for us novice guys please.

Bastian-Bux
Jan 18, 2007, 09:05 AM
May I suggest some simple rules?

This thread (or a new clean one) is used for announcements from the mod tam about new versions, regular infos about whats going on (newsletter kind of) and such. So those only interested in getting new versions and news, don't need to bother with the big forum.

Also general praise and back patting from the mod users can be done here. Everything else (bug reporting, questions and such, anything that requires a reaction from the mod team) would have its place in the mod forum.

Consider this thread the "showcase" of ViSa, or the "commercial" including some "customer voices". If you want to get in contact with a company because its product isn't working as designed, or because you have an idea how to improve it, you wont talk with your TV while its sending a commercial right? You call the companies customer support. In this case the customer support is in the P&D-forum.

ruffriders23
Jan 18, 2007, 09:58 AM
Don't get me wrong... I love the mod. I used to play Total Realism, but the guys attacking out of the middle of nowhere got old and stupid. So, I tried this one. I love it... the time between turns gets hard to deal with sometimes, but I will suck it up.

TAfirehawk
Jan 18, 2007, 05:43 PM
I get what you are saying... but I never go to the "big mod forum". It is easier to just come here and see whats up with ALL the mods I play. Not have to go different places on this site.

In the Army we use the acronym K.I.S.S. meaning Keep It Simple Stupid. I'm not saying you are stupid, but you get the drift? Keep it simple for us novice guys please.

KISS gets used alot more than just in the Army ;)

This thread (or a new clean one) is used for announcements from the mod tam about new versions, regular infos about whats going on (newsletter kind of) and such. So those only interested in getting new versions and news, don't need to bother with the big forum.

Also general praise and back patting from the mod users can be done here. Everything else (bug reporting, questions and such, anything that requires a reaction from the mod team) would have its place in the mod forum.

Consider this thread the "showcase" of ViSa, or the "commercial" including some "customer voices". If you want to get in contact with a company because its product isn't working as designed, or because you have an idea how to improve it, you wont talk with your TV while its sending a commercial right? You call the companies customer support. In this case the customer support is in the P&D-forum.

We will have a new thread for V3.0...but my whole point here is that I don't have the time to answer the exact same questions in both places....

Don't get me wrong... I love the mod. I used to play Total Realism, but the guys attacking out of the middle of nowhere got old and stupid. So, I tried this one. I love it... the time between turns gets hard to deal with sometimes, but I will suck it up.

The lag is from Civ but we are fixing our part and any Firaxian code too....so it should be faster even though we are adding 15 new mods :eek:

TAfirehawk
Jan 20, 2007, 06:30 AM
As a small teaser....here is the new ViSa v3 Main Menu.

ViSa V3 Discussion (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=200362&page=3)

ruffriders23
Jan 20, 2007, 07:45 AM
Nice!!! Looking forward to it. Hopefully the between turns thing works out to be better, even if you can only do so much because it is more of a Civ problem than a visa problem. Any help there would be great.

When I get further into the game, I start getting memory card memory allocation errors and the game shuts down without notice and screws my graphics settings up to where I have to reboot just to fix the computers display. On top of that, the between turns wait it horrible. I know it is more of a Civ problem, but any help there would be great.

Bastian-Bux
Jan 20, 2007, 08:41 AM
I also get graphics problems (shadows become stronger, even to the point that resources and improvements turn black) and MAFs. Though thats not limited to ViSa, both seem a Civ problem that have to do with a coding error by Firaxis. This error only shows up when the engine is heavily active. Large+ maps, late games without many reloads, mods that "add" to the content and so on).

I never had any of those errors on a quick duel map using vanilla civ, while it happens regularly when playing huge marathon maps with vanilla civ, or even worse, huge maps with FfH2 or ViSa.

Again: this has nothing to do with the mods them self, but with a coding screw up that Firaxis does know about but apparently doesn't plan to repair. Mods (which usually tend to include "more" then vanilla) only exaggerate the problem.

This is also the reason why a a better computer is only of limited use to get rid of those problems.

Follow 3 easy rules to minimize them:

1.) Bigger is not better in this case. A giant map will force a MAF long before the game is over. Neither are more civs helpfull. The "bigger" the mod, the smaller the map you can savely play.

2.) Restart the game often. Not just a reload, but a complete restart. Somehow a memory leak seems to be part of the problem.

3.) A better computer does help. But don't get out of your way to get more RAM, as the result is limited.

JohnYoga
Jan 22, 2007, 11:07 PM

Because otherwise, as I had mentioned before, folks will probably lose sight of the great Visa Mod...I always come to modpacks too.

John

ruffriders23
Jan 23, 2007, 06:40 AM
Is it possible to add the option to play as either a pirate or Barbarian civilization? I loved playing Pirate Island for regular Civ IV, but then mod got dropped and never updated again. I like the option of playing as the bad guys.

Maybe Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin for Barbarian types. And Francis Drake and Maurycy Beniowski for the pirates.

Bastian-Bux
Jan 23, 2007, 11:52 AM
Please, leave out Adolf Hitler. While I know that many (especially british and US) fan boys love that guy, he has one "legal" drawback (aside from any moral ones).

Playing any game or mod depicting this guy would be considered a breach of law in Germany (and probably several other european countries).

This is the reason why even games like Hearts of Iron II only name an Arnold Hiller or such.

So by adding that person (or persons sentenced as criminals of war during the Nuremberg tribunals or other such tribunals) to your mod, you'd make it illegal for germans to play it.

PS: for moral reasons this would also make it logical to exclude Stalin from the game, though there is no legal pressure to do so.

ruffriders23
Jan 23, 2007, 12:14 PM
Put in Saddam Hussein for all I care. I was just giving some examples.

But, to disallow a certain part of your history to be talked about and used as depiction, only hurts the future generations. For a society to not know where they came from and what they overcame, is to condemn then to repeat the same mistakes again.

The best tool to not repeating mistakes Germany and Europe, is to know your history, not hide from it!

Jenainsubrica
Jan 23, 2007, 04:42 PM
Salve

Ho scaricato il mod di VISA per warlords ma non mi si vedono le scritte.

Mi appare il gioco cosė.
Che posso fare?

I downoalded visa's version.
I don't see the writes.

Can help me?

Thanks

Drtad
Jan 23, 2007, 05:15 PM
Il mod non e tradotto in italiano.

The mod is not translated into Italian. (I hope I said that right)

ruffriders23
Jan 23, 2007, 05:18 PM
Il mod non e tradotto in italiano.

The mod is not translated into Italian. (I hope I said that right)

Il MOD non č tradotto in italiano. You said it right.

TAfirehawk
Jan 23, 2007, 06:54 PM
Because otherwise, as I had mentioned before, folks will probably lose sight of the great Visa Mod...I always come to modpacks too.

John

I already said I was doing that....and even before we got the Dev Forum I said a new thread would be out for V3.0

TAfirehawk
Jan 27, 2007, 10:58 AM
We are still making progress on V3.0 but the BetterAI has certainly slowed us down...

And many thanks to the approximately 4,500 people that have downloaded V2.1!!!!!

ruffriders23
Jan 27, 2007, 11:19 AM
Visa team. A humble request from the Ruffy. Can someone PLEASE put in a Barbarian Civ or Pirate Civ for me to play as the bad guy. The Hitler thing may be just a little TOO much I will agree.

TAfirehawk
Jan 27, 2007, 01:43 PM
Visa team. A humble request from the Ruffy. Can someone PLEASE put in a Barbarian Civ or Pirate Civ for me to play as the bad guy. The Hitler thing may be just a little TOO much I will agree.

We have a dedicated area for requests....

ruffriders23
Jan 27, 2007, 02:47 PM
Posted... but I have NEVER checked that thread because this is where the mod packs are supposed to be. I like the mod, but I'm not going to search around this site until I find your mod.

TAfirehawk
Jan 27, 2007, 06:48 PM
Posted... but I have NEVER checked that thread because this is where the mod packs are supposed to be. I like the mod, but I'm not going to search around this site until I find your mod.

Well then don't expect to know what is going on....let me REPEAT

THIS THREAD IS NOT UP TO DATE AND THIS FORUM IS NOT THE ONLY PLACE FOR MODPACKS PER THE CIVFANATICS OWNERS.

TAfirehawk
Jan 27, 2007, 06:54 PM
I don't know how hard it can be to find the proper thread....this is the first post in THIS thread...

http://www.civ.tafirehawk.com/Civ4WarlordsLogo.jpg

http://www.civ.tafirehawk.com/ViSa-Main.jpg

ViSa Modpack Team
keldath, mrgenie, TAfirehawk and rockinroger

Latest Patch Version: 2.10

Latest Full Version: 2.00

Designed for Warlords 2.0.8.0

ViSa has its own Project & Mod Development Forum (http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=230) now!!!

TAfirehawk
Jan 27, 2007, 06:55 PM
BTW, I don't mean to yell at everybody but some folks miss the point....and that I have already said a new thread in this forum is coming with v3.

Harrier
Jan 29, 2007, 06:50 AM
BTW, I don't mean to yell at everybody but some folks miss the point....and that I have already said a new thread in this forum is coming with v3.

Why are you whispering? Oh you are not. :) :D

On a serious note, why don't you ask Thunderfall to lock (close) this thread.

ruffriders23
Jan 29, 2007, 07:24 AM
Because this is still where alot of novice people talk Visa.

TAfirehawk
Jan 29, 2007, 04:56 PM
No need to lock this thread....I enjoy the big colorful letters :)

Sisonpyh
Jan 29, 2007, 07:08 PM
Posting in this cool thread.

JohnYoga
Jan 29, 2007, 08:10 PM
You guys crack me up...

TAfirehawk
Jan 29, 2007, 08:31 PM
It's all about having fun....

AND about creating an expansion that will probably be bigger and better than Civ 5 :eek:

Zalcron
Feb 01, 2007, 11:42 AM
how do u use some of the alternative flags? ie USSR one for Russia?

ojchase
Feb 08, 2007, 07:49 PM
Is there a place I could get a complete list of all the techs in ViSa in an easy format (ie notepad-like)?

Kaiser Franz
Feb 09, 2007, 09:52 AM
KAISER FRANZ JOINS IN AND WINDS UP SHOUTING AT THE WHOLE WORLD :) HAS NO IDEA WHY BUT WANTS TO DEMONSTRATE TEAM SPIRIT AND, LIKE A LEMING - RUNS TO THE CLIFF AND JUMPS OFF - JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE

Just because this thread is no longer viable ;)

Kaiser Franz
Feb 09, 2007, 10:05 AM
Phew -- Glad I got that out of my system -- Feel much better now :)

TAfirehawk
Feb 09, 2007, 06:56 PM
Is there a place I could get a complete list of all the techs in ViSa in an easy format (ie notepad-like)?

There will be in the ViSa Expansion Pack....ie ViSa v3.

A fellow player and beta tester is writing a manual in a similar format as Warlords :goodjob:

johntmax
Feb 12, 2007, 03:32 PM
Why doesn't somebody start a page about Visa Mod at

http://www.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization

I'd also really enjoy it if we got the whole site running pretty well with loads of imformation. I think it'd really help out the Civ Community

TAfirehawk
Feb 12, 2007, 05:25 PM
Why doesn't somebody start a page about Visa Mod at

http://www.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization

I'd also really enjoy it if we got the whole site running pretty well with loads of imformation. I think it'd really help out the Civ Community

Well this is the place I use, http://www.civ4wiki.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

strategyonly
Feb 13, 2007, 03:38 AM
Well this is the place I use, http://www.civ4wiki.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at www.civ4wiki.com.
* Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
www.example.com

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

ojchase
Feb 13, 2007, 06:53 AM
On Internet Explorer, using the link you just gave says:

"No main page yet, so head on over to the wiki.

http://civ4wiki.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page "

So use that link which works just fine.

AureliusPK
Feb 13, 2007, 10:19 AM
Hey, i'm new to all this, but I'd like to start off by thanking everyone involved in creating this amazing and fantastic mod, I was surprised to see my nation (Pakistan) in the mod aswell, which was 1 of the so many reasons to immediately download this mod and play it. ;)
I've ran into some trouble in the ancient era, it's my 1st game with this mod, and it has happened like 4 times already.
If I click the "End Turn" button, the cursor changes and shows an animated brown circle or whatsoever right, which means that it's loading the next turn.
But when that happens, my game freezes, screen turns black ( sometimes it doesn't) and I see the WinXP error message saying that there has been an error etc, I get the option to either send this report to microsoft or not send it etc.
It has happened alot now, and it is very annoying, the game crashes and it boots me back to the desktop leaving me behind with a WinXP error report message.
I'm playing a huge terra map with 14 civs, and so far in the ancient era.
My PC should be able to run it, I have 1 GHZ of RAM, an excellent Graphics card and an overall good computer.

Please reply back to me a.s.a.p., I'd love to continue playing without all the trouble!
Once again, great job on the mod guys, I love it, and I hope anyone here can help me with this error!:)

keldath
Feb 13, 2007, 01:14 PM
AureliusPK,

hi, welcome to visa mod

plz go to this thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=230

try and play a large map - not huge - this is the cause for your crash,
theres soon gonna be a aversion with a fix for this problem.

enjoy

johntmax
Feb 13, 2007, 07:49 PM
Just buy another gig and this shouldn't be an issue. If it persists it may be that you installed the mod incorrectly or other technical issues within your computer. I would guess that it is most likely the installation of the mod itself or the RAM.

PS: Buy Another gig anyway as it is just amazing how great you can play games with it. I have played maps so huge using Atlas Map Generator you need more than 1 gig to run them. And with 2 gigs it runs very smoothly and makes for fantasic gameplay.

TAfirehawk
Feb 13, 2007, 08:22 PM
Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at www.civ4wiki.com.
* Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
www.example.com

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Not sure what you are talking about....page works fine.:confused:

On Internet Explorer, using the link you just gave says:

"No main page yet, so head on over to the wiki.

http://civ4wiki.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page "

So use that link which works just fine.

Same here, page works fine from my link....:crazyeye:

Just buy another gig and this shouldn't be an issue. If it persists it may be that you installed the mod incorrectly or other technical issues within your computer. I would guess that it is most likely the installation of the mod itself or the RAM.

PS: Buy Another gig anyway as it is just amazing how great you can play games with it. I have played maps so huge using Atlas Map Generator you need more than 1 gig to run them. And with 2 gigs it runs very smoothly and makes for fantasic gameplay.

More RAM will do nothing to help a crash in the Ancient Era....I play ViSa on 512MB of RAM....

AureliusPK,

hi, welcome to visa mod

plz go to this thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=230

try and play a large map - not huge - this is the cause for your crash,
theres soon gonna be a aversion with a fix for this problem.

enjoy

V3 fixes the MAF, not this....and even LARGE is too big for some PC's and the MAF. Thankfully we have been given the MAF work-around....not even Firaxis has this :eek:

AureliusPK
Feb 14, 2007, 03:25 AM
I have found out my problem, I installed ViSa 2.00 first, and after that, I thought that I had installed patch 2.10, but it didn't, I thought it was an auto .exe installer, but it had to extract the 2.10 files.
I accidently extracted those files into a wrong directory, so I was basically playing with 2.00 when I kept getting all those crashes.
I extracted the 2.10 patch files into the right directory this time (I should read your tutorials much better Tafirehawk, lol.)
And now it's working, thank god, and thanks everyone for replying and helping me out, I appreciate it! :)

Damned, is it me, or are almost all of the civs in my current game converted to Judaism lol?
Damn Americans, they invaded me because I kept rejecting an open borders treaty I guess lol, but no worries, I got loads of troops going straight to Washington his main city, while he just keeps trying to conquer one of my heavily defended city's. :)
Love this mod guys, keep up the excellent work. :)

strategyonly
Feb 14, 2007, 04:05 AM
The Wiki must have been out for a day, its all working fine for me also, thx.

Harrier
Feb 14, 2007, 02:07 PM
V3 fixes the MAF, not this....and even LARGE is too big for some PC's and the MAF. Thankfully we have been given the MAF work-around....not even Firaxis has this :eek:

This is great news. :goodjob: :goodjob:

By the way, will you be letting other mod makers such as Houman (TR), know how to combat this problem?

TAfirehawk
Feb 14, 2007, 08:22 PM
This is great news. :goodjob: :goodjob:

By the way, will you be letting other mod makers such as Houman (TR), know how to combat this problem?

Well it came from outside the ViSa Team, and we agreed not to release the code until he was done with it....we have seen an occasional MAF but reloading is fine so it isn't perfect and he wishes to get it right before publishing it.

bigbill2006
Feb 20, 2007, 09:21 AM
when is the new patch coming out guys feals like its been forever,,

Kaiser Franz
Feb 20, 2007, 11:54 AM
@bigbill2006 -- It isn't a new patch bill -- It's a complete new version -- and will be well worth the wait. The guys are working on it as hard and fast as they can - Beta testing is going on right now - be patient.

TAfirehawk
Feb 20, 2007, 07:01 PM
Yeah it is certainly not a patch....it will still be ViSa but adding the Genetic Era Mod and BetterAI Mod along with about a dozen more smaller mods, well it is quite different and HUGE!!!!

marioflag
Feb 25, 2007, 05:41 PM
TAfirehawk i have some questions about Better AI and your mod.
Considering that your mod goes a lot a lot a lot .... a lot beyond the content which is available in Warlords and Better AI is programmed to do its job on Warlords, will Better AI give a huge boost to your mod?Also with Better AI is AI really able to take advantage of all the new stuff?You and other developers have made modifications to Better AI to make it more fit for your mod?
Good Luck for your 3.0Version ;)

OmahaJayhawk337
Feb 25, 2007, 05:53 PM
I am having a lot of trouble with my siege weapons being able to bombard. It's not showing up as an option for any of my siege units. The instructions I found on the forum are too vague for me. Here's what they are:

Enabling DCM Ranged Bombardment AFTER starting a game is possible thanks to the directions of chipper_30:
1) Go in WorldBuilder
2) Save it
3) Edit it with a text editor and add Option=GAMEOPTION_DCM_BOMBARD in the options
4) Reload it and continue your game

Can anyone elaborate on this for me? I've tried copying and pasting the step 3 instructions a few different places in the world builder file (opening it with Notebook) and then reloading it, but it still doesn't give my units the ability to bombard. I don't see an "options" section. Help please!!!!!!!!

TAfirehawk
Feb 26, 2007, 07:55 PM
TAfirehawk i have some questions about Better AI and your mod.
Considering that your mod goes a lot a lot a lot .... a lot beyond the content which is available in Warlords and Better AI is programmed to do its job on Warlords, will Better AI give a huge boost to your mod?Also with Better AI is AI really able to take advantage of all the new stuff?You and other developers have made modifications to Better AI to make it more fit for your mod?
Good Luck for your 3.0Version ;)

We are working on programming our own AI functions to take advantage of the mods we add...in fact most of the mods you play on all of CivFanatics do not program the AI fully. The task is gigantic and won't be complete in V3 but we are adding things that the original mod makers didn't even do...all of this is without consideration of the BetterAI.

So in reality your question is valid for all mods even without the BetterAI....

I am having a lot of trouble with my siege weapons being able to bombard. It's not showing up as an option for any of my siege units. The instructions I found on the forum are too vague for me. Here's what they are:

Enabling DCM Ranged Bombardment AFTER starting a game is possible thanks to the directions of chipper_30:
1) Go in WorldBuilder
2) Save it
3) Edit it with a text editor and add Option=GAMEOPTION_DCM_BOMBARD in the options

Can anyone elaborate on this for me? I've tried copying and pasting the step 3 instructions a few different places in the world builder file (opening it with Notebook) and then reloading it, but it still doesn't give my units the ability to bombard. I don't see an "options" section. Help please!!!!!!!!

Start a new game and choose Bombardment properly in the Custom Game screen as all other options are chosen.

OmahaJayhawk337
Feb 26, 2007, 08:49 PM
We are working on programming our own AI functions to take advantage of the mods we add...in fact most of the mods you play on all of CivFanatics do not program the AI fully. The task is gigantic and won't be complete in V3 but we are adding things that the original mod makers didn't even do...all of this is without consideration of the BetterAI.

So in reality your question is valid for all mods even without the BetterAI....

Start a new game and choose Bombardment properly in the Custom Game screen as all other options are chosen.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question!

So you don't think it's gonna be possible for me to salvage the game I have already started if I want to be able to bombard?

Kaiser Franz
Feb 27, 2007, 09:46 PM

1) Go in WorldBuilder
2) Save it

After you select Single Player - go to the Custom Game screen - scroll to the bottom of that screen and in the lower right you will find all the DCM commands - enable them prior to starting your new game and ranged bombardment will be available. :)

rockinroger
Mar 09, 2007, 02:41 PM
We are getting closer to getting ViSa_v3 out. Thanks for all the patience shown.

Narcio
Mar 16, 2007, 06:54 PM
Thats good. The stupid MAF problem pretty much caused me to stop playing Civ. I'm anxious to start playing again at some point. I was just looking back into the issue lately and I was thinking of playing the pre-Warlords versions of some of my favourite mods but if version 3 of Visa is coming out soon and its supposed to help the MAF problem, I'll wait for it.

TAfirehawk
Mar 16, 2007, 08:41 PM
Thats good. The stupid MAF problem pretty much caused me to stop playing Civ. I'm anxious to start playing again at some point. I was just looking back into the issue lately and I was thinking of playing the pre-Warlords versions of some of my favourite mods but if version 3 of Visa is coming out soon and its supposed to help the MAF problem, I'll wait for it.

We have been fortunate enough to have Nev's work included in ViSa v3.0 that is a great workaround for the MAF.

And yes, ViSa v3.0 is VERY close to release....still shooting for end of March. :D

mrgenie
Mar 17, 2007, 01:33 AM
The MAF you should know, is caused by several reasons.
1) the Savegame method itself, this one is fixed by NEV
2) your physical memory. you can't play large/huge maps for some reason on a 1.5GB RAM machine..although it doesnt eat up your whole memory when you look into windows task manager, it is still the cause..we have just been implementing a new method to reduce Memory comsumption by Civ this weekend, and only put 2 datasets into it(out of the 1000 that exist in civ) but we took the 2 of which we expect they have some noticably effect..and after a few autoruns i can say it lowers memory comsumption and postpones the MAF from happening on huge maps by 50turns..this is not a fir for the memory issue of course, and you can't play on 512MB RAM anyway, no matter what you do, but to play huge on a 1.5GB we might get enough stuff into our new memory class..

the other work around, install 4GB to your system..the Savegame Method MAF is 100% fixed, all that is left is the way firaxis handles the memory "pretty bad they do actually"..we might not have fixed this completely upon release..because right MAF development is put back to 3rd or even 4th degree priority..but like i said, 4GB will do :)

Orion66
Mar 19, 2007, 01:21 AM
Hi,

I think there is not enough of sulphur in game. What should I modify (what file and what line) to make more sulphur?

mrgenie
Mar 19, 2007, 01:38 AM
nothing, this is an issue of cumulated errors which has been adressed in visa 3..you can watch any release information on the new visa 3 thread or
http://visa.family-veldman.com

Hailas
Mar 19, 2007, 05:56 AM
Would it be possible to implement other graphics for terrain, like in Total Realism? Compared to that, original CIV4 graphics looks so bleached...
Is it possible to use files from TR, and btw. in what format is stored graphics? XML?

Hailas

Bastian-Bux
Mar 19, 2007, 06:44 AM
TR uses the Blue Marble Graphic, which you can easily install for all playing (including even HOF).

Honestly, who doesn't get sick of the vanilla graphics?

Hailas
Mar 19, 2007, 12:29 PM
TR uses the Blue Marble Graphic, which you can easily install for all playing (including even HOF).

Honestly, who doesn't get sick of the vanilla graphics?

Thanks, BAstian, you opened my eyes:)

Hailas

wade69
Mar 20, 2007, 06:39 PM
This is kinda weird bit i just reinstalled civ 4 and reinstalled mod and it worked great before but now i can't raze cities, i have the box not checked in menu. I have no idea what im doing wrong and suggestions, is it a bug or something im doing. thanks

Bastian-Bux
Mar 21, 2007, 03:46 AM
One question towards the mod designers:

I'm currently planning to make Genghis Kais Giant Earth Map (the 2.2 version as it is the "perfect" one) playable for the next ViSa release. To do so I have to add all resources found in the next ViSa release. Which additional (on top of the vanilla and current 15 ViSa) resources will show up?

Varech?
Methan?
Tea?
Any more?

While I doubt that many will be able to play the whole map, even given the MAF workaround, I intend to use that map as master mp for several regional maps (its easier to out a region from an existing large map, then to redo resource placement for overlapping areas).

Till now I'm planning to release the following maps for ViSA:

Giant Earth (the mastermap) 210x90 = 18.900 plots
Old World 120x90 = 10.800 plots
New World 90x90 = 8.100 plots
North-America, South-America, Africa, Europe, Asia
probably several smaller regional maps (Mediterranean, Carribean, Australia ...)

rockinroger
Mar 21, 2007, 04:16 AM
also add coral, and do you have fossils?
we have not added tea.

Bastian-Bux
Mar 21, 2007, 04:30 AM
Thx for the quick answer. So all together its vanilla resources plus 19, right?

Ancient Temple
Barley
Coffee
Coral
Cotton
Fossils
Hemp
Lemon
Lost Civilization
Methan
Natural Gas
Olives
Pearls
Potatoes
Rubber
Salt
Sulphur
Tobacco
Varech

Now, that will be some research work ^^.

Morfydd
Mar 21, 2007, 05:20 AM
One question towards the mod designers:

I'm currently planning to make Genghis Kais Giant Earth Map (the 2.2 version as it is the "perfect" one) playable for the next ViSa release. To do so I have to add all resources found in the next ViSa release. Which additional (on top of the vanilla and current 15 ViSa) resources will show up?

Giant Earth (the mastermap) 210x90 = 18.900 plots
Old World 120x90 = 10.800 plots
New World 90x90 = 8.100 plots
North-America, South-America, Africa, Europe, Asia
probably several smaller regional maps (Mediterranean, Carribean, Australia ...)

Outstanding thats going to be soem nice maps for visa thou the big map will be difficult for those with lesser comps to play not impossible...

Bastian-Bux
Mar 21, 2007, 05:58 AM
Yeah, the pure size of the map is surely a difficulty, even while only placing ressources. At the moment I'm reconsidering to use the 3.1 version of Genghis Kais map. While its not as "perfect" as the 2.2 version, its significantly smaller (16.000 plots instead of 18.900) and base any maps on this master map.

Bastian-Bux
Mar 21, 2007, 06:13 AM
Oh, another question. Would it be possible to get a copy of the resource xml file? I've already downloaded the 24 civ dll, and once I include that xml file, I can comfortably use the worldbuilder to place resources.

I can make an own resource file, but a) would this need time I'd like to use for resource research and b) might this introduce errors. ^^

mrgenie
Mar 21, 2007, 06:18 AM
Bastian, we have 64 or 65 resources in total..for maps for visa 3 we add a special section in both the bug tracker for visa 3 as well as the main webpage for visa 3...we will link all links on our webpage THROUGH the civfanatics site, so you can set a counter here to catch all downloads and keep track on how many people DL'ed your map..
anyway, please contact me fot this..

Bastian-Bux
Mar 21, 2007, 08:33 AM
OK, while working through the resources I found a potential translation problem.

While varech is perfectly ok, it only makes sense if you are francophone. ^^ Maybe use:

english: tang or seaweed
german: Tang oder Seetang
french: varech
italian: alga

This way its understandable to others as well.

wade69
Mar 21, 2007, 08:46 AM
This is kinda weird bit i just reinstalled civ 4 and reinstalled mod and it worked great before but now i can't raze cities, i have the box not checked in menu. I have no idea what im doing wrong and suggestions, is it a bug or something im doing. thanks

rockinroger
Mar 21, 2007, 02:36 PM
OK, while working through the resources I found a potential translation problem.

While varech is perfectly ok, it only makes sense if you are francophone. ^^ Maybe use:

Actually we are calling it kelp in game. Hope that helps i am also looking forward to a giant earth map.

ibcoltscrew
Mar 22, 2007, 07:46 AM

Hmm i am French Canadian and it is not even Varech, it is Algues (wich is a sea plant)... In my opinion, it's ok as Varech... doesn't really matter in the game.

TAfirehawk
Mar 22, 2007, 04:25 PM
May I suggest comments be directed to the right forum?

ruffriders23
Mar 22, 2007, 05:02 PM
Again, I have NEVER scanned through the mod forum. I always look and talk in here when I want to say something or ask a question.

TAfirehawk
Mar 22, 2007, 05:12 PM
Again, I have NEVER scanned through the mod forum. I always look and talk in here when I want to say something or ask a question.

And I have only linked to your specific dev forum a zillion times....so if anybody actually READS they will see the link. And how hard is one click? I mean there is no searching for anything, just follow directions....

Or better yet....LOOK IN MY SIG....

But in the end doesn't matter, ViSa Expansion Pack v3 will have a new thread in a few days :)

TAfirehawk
Mar 22, 2007, 05:20 PM
http://www.civ.tafirehawk.com/Civ4WarlordsLogo.jpg

http://www.civ.tafirehawk.com/ViSa-Main.jpg

ViSa Modpack Team
keldath, mrgenie, TAfirehawk and rockinroger

Latest Patch Version: 2.10

Latest Full Version: 2.00

Designed for Warlords 2.0.8.0

ruffriders23
Mar 22, 2007, 06:23 PM
Actually... I lie. I have gone to the Visa thread a few times but only to get the latest update in the monstrosity known as Visa 3.0!

However, I do not post in there and find that using this thread, and others like it (total realism) are far easier than going to the mod thread. Just simpler for the novice to get questions answered.

wade69
Mar 23, 2007, 09:15 PM
Is there an issue with not being able to raze cities in this mod. Please somebody help cause i like the mod.

TAfirehawk
Mar 24, 2007, 07:05 AM
Is there an issue with not being able to raze cities in this mod. Please somebody help cause i like the mod.

That was fixed in the patch, install V2.1

Orion66
Mar 26, 2007, 05:39 AM
I hope in Visa 3 there will be no units that AI will not use properly (like in Amras spies and so on...) ????

mrgenie
Mar 26, 2007, 08:54 AM
AI's is a huge work, well not that huge, but ok. Im working on the AI's for visa..but it takes some time, mostly i just have not a clear vision of how the AI should handle something, once i figured out the IDEA, it's not that much work to code it.....anyway, they wont all be finishes when we release visa, but you can expect updates for each ai the next few weeks...actually it isnt a week job to make proper AI's im just busy with alot of other stuff as well..and im still alone on the sdk thing..anyone is invited to do some routines for the AI, can easily assign 1 AI to 1 person actually..so anyone is invited who can do it :)

TAfirehawk
Mar 28, 2007, 08:22 PM
Development has completed on ViSa Expansion Pack 3!!!!

We have assembled the Installer (few tweaks left on that) and are in final testing. Actually we have been testing for 3 months as we went along so we hope you find everything very polished.

We will have a DL link thru CivFanatics setup late Friday night or Saturday morning EDT.

Orion66
Mar 29, 2007, 06:19 AM
Hey do not make us to wait 2 days more. Releasy Visa TODAY! :cry: :D :eek: :mad: :cry: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :D :D :D :D

rockinroger
Mar 29, 2007, 02:32 PM
@ Orion66, nah 2 more days to iron out any last remaining bugs. It will hopefully be worth the wait!

Orion66
Mar 29, 2007, 03:30 PM
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuu :cry:

hehehe :D