View Full Version : [MOD][WARLORDS] ViSa Modpack

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Orion66
Mar 31, 2007, 07:42 AM
Sooooo..................when will we get new ViSa? :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye:

TAfirehawk
Mar 31, 2007, 08:12 AM
Uploading ViSa3.exe right now, it is a 414MB self extracting EXE made with WinRAR. Once we get 7zip to auto run a file after extraction we can shrink the download to 326MB.

Installed it is 862MB :)

The file should be ready around noon EDT *crosses fingers*

sovarn
Mar 31, 2007, 08:52 AM
:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:
hooray, cant wait. about 10 more mins i think. :D

or is it 1hr10mins

darkedone02
Mar 31, 2007, 09:05 AM
SAWEET! I really want to try this out and see if it fries my computer with the super duper lag exploder! I think this will tell my parents to get me the correct specs I really need.

Orion66
Mar 31, 2007, 09:12 AM
Give us a changlelog to make waiting more sweet. :D :D :D :D :D

TAfirehawk
Mar 31, 2007, 09:25 AM
The Features have already been posted in the ViSa Dev Forum....

Everything is ready, just waiting on the upload.....

TAfirehawk
Mar 31, 2007, 10:25 AM
Sorry for the delay folks, but I can't make the Internet run any faster....

simkodavid
Mar 31, 2007, 10:44 AM
Still hope for me, 4 Hours and 30 minutes of hope ahead

Watching Live Duval Street Web Cam in Key West, Florida -- Sloppy Joe's Bar --

Maybe I'll catch a glimpse of TAfirehawk walking in the sun.

Alas, for GMT+7 and above it's already April-1

It's getting dark here (GMT+2) but still March-31, thus still hope...

darkedone02
Mar 31, 2007, 11:02 AM
Don't worry, you can download it tomarrow if it appears to be delayed.

simkodavid
Mar 31, 2007, 11:15 AM
Yes I know, but today is Sabbath the weekly holiday for us the hebrews, children of Israel. A perfect day for gaming.

Sunday is a working day.

But monday is Passover, so there is hope again.

TAfirehawk
Mar 31, 2007, 11:32 AM
File is uploaded buy my web host seems to have dropped bandwidth even before we started....so no point in hitting my site just to crash it and nobody gets it anyways.

mrgenie is uploaded to his site and we are investigating other hosts, but more uploads are another 3+ hour delay.

darkedone02
Mar 31, 2007, 11:44 AM
dude.... use filefront.com, fileplanet.com, Ihud.com, Rapidshare.com or any other uploading site

TAfirehawk
Mar 31, 2007, 11:49 AM
dude.... use filefront.com, fileplanet.com, Ihud.com, Rapidshare.com or any other uploading site

We are going to about 20 sites....I may have been born at night, but it wasn't last night :mad:

Orion66
Mar 31, 2007, 01:38 PM
I wonder what does EXACTLY BetterAI Mod do?

TAfirehawk
Mar 31, 2007, 01:44 PM
I wonder what does EXACTLY BetterAI Mod do?

Read their forum....

And the new ETA is 7pm EDT.

darkedone02
Mar 31, 2007, 05:26 PM
damnit, RELEASE IT!!!11!!....

that was my impatience calling me.

TAfirehawk
Mar 31, 2007, 05:37 PM
We did about 10 hours ago....still uploading....

Next chance is about 30 minutes away, hoping FileMonster works this time.

TAfirehawk
Mar 31, 2007, 06:44 PM
ViSaPack Expansion Pack 3 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=214673) is available!!!!!!!!

roysubs
May 14, 2007, 02:31 PM
ViSa Mod has a MASSIVE BUG ... try and Bombard a city with a Trebuchet ... go on, I dare you, try ... you CANNOT !!! It seems that all seige weapons are broken in this Mod which is incredibly important to the game, so IT IS POINTLESS TO PLAY THIS MOD UNTIL IT IS FIXED !?!?!?!?!?!? I downloaded the latest 3.10 from the ViSa homepage. all looks beautiful until I hit this bug, so now it is non-playable. sent my Trebuchets up to an enemy city and I CANNOT BOMBARD. which makes going to war now as good as impossible. Oh, I noticed that the AI ***CAN*** bombard me, but I cannot bombard him !!!

- Is there a fix ?

- Am I missing a patch ? (I don't think so, very latest 3.10 installed from the home page).

- Am I the only person to see this ? ( ***NO***, 2 friends of mine that play a lot also hit this MASSIVE BUG).

Please let me know if / when this will be fixed, as I really enjoyed ViSa until I hit this massive bug.

keldath
May 14, 2007, 03:53 PM
roysubs ,

dear friend,
there is nothing wrong with the bombardmentm

all you have t do is before you start a custom game,
be sure to mark "v" on the dale missile and bombardment.

thank you.

TAfirehawk
May 15, 2007, 08:08 AM
This thread is v2.10 and bombard works fine....AI doesn't use it fully but it is fine.

If this is an issue with the Expansion Pack 3, then it is/will be answered in one of those threads here or in the Dev Forum.

Distortus
Jan 12, 2008, 06:30 PM
Hello, I tried to edit the bombardment values of catapults, cannons and so on in the Civ4UnitInfos to VISA.
Ending up getting a XML error.

I played around with the XML files some before to Civ vanilla and Warlords who worked prefectly fine.

I just edited the values, dident remove or added anything.
Doublechecked and tried a few times to make sure that I had not added anything who wasent supposed to be there by misstake.

Any suggestions conserning this would be appriciated.

What I want to have done is to limit how much damage you can do by bombarding enemy units.
And what I tried was to raise the value of collectral damage limit.

For example.
<iCollateralDamageLimit>50</iCollateralDamageLimit> to <iCollateralDamageLimit>80</iCollateralDamageLimit>

Finally, just to test, I tried to edit other values in the Visa mod such as a units production cost ending up with the same XML error.

Thanks in advance.
Distortus

genine
Jan 13, 2008, 01:24 PM
Since I don't have warlords and would like to play visa is there going to be a bts version of visa to?

TAfirehawk
Jan 13, 2008, 02:37 PM
Since I don't have warlords and would like to play visa is there going to be a bts version of visa to?

No, the new project is the World of Civilization....see link in my sig.

dreadknought
Jan 20, 2008, 08:06 PM
Fantastic mod guys, the love that went into this shows up in all the details. Lost on prince (retired actually) playing as Washington when several civs ganged up on me. Its a blast playing the 2k turn version on a water heavy map, plenty of time to use the various navies for extended periods. I also like that despite all the add-ons its still hard to get very productive, very well-balanced which is where alot of mods fail.:goodjob: