View Full Version : Mindless milling by AI

Dinosaur
Mar 26, 2002, 02:45 PM
Sometimes when another civ moves, its AI spends a lot of time moving units randomly to and fro. Typically this happens around a 3x3 city wedged in between two other civs. The units aren't going anywhere, just moving around within the square, often ending up back where they started.

The problem with this is that it goes on for about a minute at a time, which slows down the game.

I know I can use various options like turning off enemy/neutral moves and/or animations. But I like seeing rival civs' *meaningful* activity, and I enjoy the animations.

What I'd like to do is get the AI to stop the pointless prancing about.

(Sorry if this has been asked before. I've read a lot of threads here since I arrived, but I'm still way behind).

NY Hoya
Mar 26, 2002, 04:00 PM
this annoys me as well. And even though I do turn off show friendly moves, it still takes time for the computer to move the units, although you don't see it. If firaxis could just come up with a sentry or fortify function that the AI used, it would improve gameplay immeasurably.

alva848
Mar 26, 2002, 04:32 PM
Just hold down the -shift- key while this happens,
and life wil be aloy faster and enjoyable[party]

NY Hoya
Mar 26, 2002, 04:37 PM
yeah, that helps, but its a pain in the a$$ and doesn't fix the problem completely