View Full Version : Should ground units be able to enter squares occupied by other civ's air units?

gjts00
Mar 31, 2001, 01:27 AM
I would like to get the opinions of my esteemed colleagues on this matter. It makes no sense to me that ground units are not able to move into squares occupied by other civs air units (be they friend or foe). What do you Fanatics think?

------------------
Thou who goes to bed with an itchy butt wakes up with a smelly finger.

[This message has been edited by gjts00 (edited March 31, 2001).]

VanillaCube
Mar 31, 2001, 04:14 AM
I think they should!
or mabey just {be they freind} should only do that.

------------------
I am Vanilla the Cube
I am VanillaCube
I am I and he is him
We are me

GenghisK
Mar 31, 2001, 09:15 AM
It makes no sense to me that ground units are not able to move into squares occupied by other civs (be they friend or foe).

Why not? Have you ever seen in any "modern" war such a limitation? Imagine USAF aircrafts forbiding an Abrams tanks division to be under their flight path, or they'll bomb their own friend. That would be a great idea http://forums.civfanatics.com/ubb/lol.gif
To be more serious, I think there's no reason to exclude that. And I'll even say that some enemy units SHOULD also be able to enter a square occupied by an aircraft. Why? Simple: riflemen are not supposed to have only their M16 rifle. They can use missile battery, for instance. But perhaps it would make the rules too difficult to understand http://forums.civfanatics.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Genghis K.

SlowwHand
Apr 01, 2001, 09:48 AM
You should be able to take a city with ground troops, if only aircraft are in the city, on the ground.
Only makes sense.

------------------
It's In The Way That You Use It

Andu Indorin
Apr 03, 2001, 07:22 PM
Well, one could argue that the Bomber's that remain airborne during an opposing Civ's turn are performing in a ground interdiction role.

(It would be nice to see expanded rules for air combat in Civ3 so that interdiction is one role, and bombing is another).