View Full Version : Whomper's 5 man Smackdown SPOILER


Whomp
Dec 21, 2006, 09:47 AM
If you call me Francis...I'll kill ya. If you're BCLG, ThERat, Ynnek or DaveShack and you're looking at this. I'll kill ya. GO AWAY!







GO





A





WAYYYYYY!

Tubby Rower
Dec 21, 2006, 09:52 AM
I assume that you wanted a starting position as well??



http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/52950/Whomp.jpg

Beorn-eL-Feared
Dec 21, 2006, 03:34 PM
Francis is just one letter off from my name, but still, I too always thought it lacked a bit of charm.

Now this is a lucky start if you ask me ;)

Whomp
Dec 22, 2006, 12:40 AM
OK here's the start. I decided to make a run at the wheel. I don't think I can win a philo run and I'd like to find the horses. I spy a coastal along a river which is nice. I started a Endiku and he'll explore directly west and then north. The game is on regent so happiness shouldn't be much of an issue.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4748/smashzs5.jpg

Whomp
Jan 30, 2007, 03:15 PM
Anyone out there? Heeeeeeeeeeeeelllllooooooooooo?

If lurkers are lurking what would you like me to post here?

Tubby Rower
Jan 30, 2007, 07:46 PM
you haven't given us much to comment about.

how far have you scouted? what are your scientific plans? how is your growth going? any disappointments?

I've already got a comment in another spoiler about the lack of forests and I apologize but they are there. thinking back on it, I probably should have put a few of them closer to the starts.. but live and learn

Whomp
Jan 30, 2007, 07:55 PM
Well that's one of the reasons I haven't posted a pic. The terrain is like Iowa. Flat with a couple hills. :zzzzz: :D

I chose to research wheel in hopes of a endiku/horse combo. That should be sufficient early game.

Beorn-eL-Feared
Feb 02, 2007, 11:14 AM
http://www.shopzoo.com/images_large/0361337.jpg
They shouldn't mess with you anyways.

Whomp
Feb 09, 2007, 05:49 PM
B I hope you noticed I stole your commentary for my sig.
Interestingly enough I'm the first to grow.
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/870/f11tr7.jpg

I moved to the BG tile a turn early but it's ok since I can't get the settler out early by mining so a road is being constructed. There's not a lot to see yet but the capital might be ringed with a river. Bonus for us ags. The non river BG was only for this turn and will shift to the rivers BGs on growth.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6343/fcityscreenny6.jpg

Beorn-eL-Feared
Feb 09, 2007, 06:02 PM
Yeah that's where it belongs. Nice match of growth for the settler btw. That FP sure looks yummy.

Whomp
May 17, 2007, 09:36 PM
Here's a view of the terrain. Where are all the trees? :p
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/6735/flatlandti0.jpg

and F11
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8620/f11ht8.jpg

Beorn-eL-Feared
May 17, 2007, 09:45 PM
There ARE trees.

gmaharriet
May 17, 2007, 09:46 PM
I guess I'm allowed in here now, and my name is NOT Francis...or even FrancEs. :p

Did I read correctly that Tubby said there are forests somewhere? Maybe he put them on a couple of 1-tile islands in the middle of the ocean, huh?

Is there a save I can look at? or does it have to come via email? I'm gmaharriet AT Comcast DOT net. Even cheerleaders need to see what's going on. :mischief:

Edit: Geez! Nobody's posted on this thread in 3 months and I've already crossposted with BEF. :rolleyes:

Whomp
May 17, 2007, 10:01 PM
Here's the save. The password is w. Anyone who cheats looking at this save will get banned. I have eyes in the back of my internet. :p

I moved the capital off the BG tile to a commerce tile. I'll probably let Harriet's Place take the mined BG on one turn since we'll get an extra shield on growth in 2.

gmaharriet
May 18, 2007, 04:05 AM
I opened the save with CA2 only. In the box with the password, it also gives an option for "always use these creditials" that I don't recall from opening some of the old KISS saves. What does it mean? Who are our human opponents?

I see it's set at Regent level. It will be nice having 2 citizens born content. :)

Whomp
May 18, 2007, 08:25 AM
Eek. I uploaded the wrong save. That's the save to be sent to TheRat. I will upload DaveShack's tonight. Sorry.

Beorn-eL-Feared
May 18, 2007, 08:52 AM
I see it's set at Regent level. It will be nice having 2 citizens born content. :)
There's a few checkboxes when you setup a PBEM, and depending on which you check, the game will either show as regent or not, and will either be regent or not. But it doesn't always go together. I'm playing 2 monarch PBEM's that show up as regent dificulties, this might be likewise.

Whomp
May 18, 2007, 08:54 AM
It is B. The game is actually with monarch type happiness. It's why I want to get the factory as a 3 to 5 (if possible) instead of 4 to 6.

Beorn-eL-Feared
May 18, 2007, 09:11 AM
It is quite possible, fortunately :) Same for the wines' 6-turner. Factory #2 on wheat will have to run 4-6 though.

gmaharriet
May 18, 2007, 01:02 PM
So far as I know, happiness is exactly the same at both Regent and Monarch, two born content. It's the AI bonuses/discounts that change, and with only human players, it wouldn't matter. :D

Whomp
May 18, 2007, 04:49 PM
OK here's the correct save.

gmaharriet
May 18, 2007, 05:27 PM
Thanks, Whomp!

I opened the file, took a look, and without having any idea of what we're trying to accomplish, I made some moves and then exited without saving. I guess if I'd saved, it would be mailed to whomever the next player would be.

The moves I made were to start an EW in H's Pad, move the worker to the riverside BG already being worked by Whomper Room, and I moved the exploring EW south. Those seemed like nice safe moves that couldn't do any damage, but I wouldn't be comfortable playing a turn for real without some plan for what we want to accomplish. What's the best way to do this? And who would I have sent it to and how?

Since the name of this game is "smashmouth", does that mean we're trying to kill of all the other guys? Are we going for domination or conquest or something else?

Whomp
May 18, 2007, 05:44 PM
There's five teams with the same civs as the MTDG2 we're in now. What's interesting is it seems like this game is islands too. Any win condition goes.

I think the next settler needs to hit the coast so we can get a curragh out. The enkidus are early so we don't have a lot of risk being attacked.

As far as turn play goes I've already sent the save to ThERat. I've moved the new worker to a river BG and set Harriet's Pad to enkidu too.

I think the next move is SE for our explorer to see what's around the wheat.

Whomp
Jul 09, 2007, 06:59 PM
Sorry no updates for a bit H. Here's the save and some pics. What do you think about some of the dots?

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2779/dotmapbh7.jpg

F11 looks pretty good so far.
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/7527/f11ha0.jpg

gmaharriet
Jul 09, 2007, 07:21 PM
I'm a bit lost here with no idea how many turns have gone by since I saw it last, but here goes....

I'd go for the black dot first for a curragh (assuming we have Alpha) and try to locate our neighbors. What size map is this? What percent water? What victory condition? (I kinda assume conquest or dom.)

Next I'd go for the blue dot and the horses. Third for the green dot, on the river and CxxC from both blue dot and the new town whose name I can't read (blurry screen resolution in the pic).

Yellow dot last and then maybe after that try to get the wheat in the S/E.

I'd almost forgotten this game was still going, and I'm sooooo far out of what's happening. :crazyeye:

Whomp
Jul 09, 2007, 07:26 PM
It's still really, really early. The game is in 2390 and from what I can tell we're the first to have a 4 turner. Agree on the black dot.

We do have alpha and I set research to IW to find the iron. It seems I forgot the save last time.

Sorry for the bad resolution I shrunk the picture by 80% to fit the whole thing.

Tubby Rower
Jul 10, 2007, 05:40 AM
try re-sampling it instead of re-sizing it. that helps