View Full Version : The Comings, Goings and New arrivals thread II

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

PrinceOfLeigh
Feb 02, 2007, 01:53 AM
The Comings, Goings and New arrivals thread II

Enough of us left or joined to warrant a whole new thread of arrivals and "quitters"!

Here's the place to annouce a quick break from CFC :cool:, or an attempt at Cold Turkey :wavey: We'll also welcome any New Arrivals [party] and Prodigal Sons back into the fold :beer:.

Oh, and if you missed it in the later pages of the last thread, this shall be my last CFC OT post. In the words of Captain Oates;

"I'm going outside now... I may be some time."

:wavey:

Rheinmetall
Feb 02, 2007, 06:37 AM
Leaving as soon I post this. Returning at sunday noon (GMT+2)
My absence will probably affect gandhi's mafia game and the interplanetary warfare in forum games.

ainwood
Feb 02, 2007, 03:51 PM
Please note: This thread is not for discussions. It is for people letting others' know when they are going away for meaningful periods (ie at least more than a couple of days).

Love
Feb 03, 2007, 02:25 AM
Im still always gone on the weekend

Rossiya
Feb 03, 2007, 05:12 AM
Im still always gone on the weekend

I'm living for the weekend,
When it gets too much, I live for the rush,
Got some money to spend
I'm living for the weekend.

Atlas14
Feb 08, 2007, 08:38 AM
I was gone while I focused on my studies for a while. I might have to stay away from CFC even longer while I get all my work done. This semester is packed full of Chemistry hw and such.

Love
Feb 09, 2007, 09:55 AM
gone over the weekend!

downtown
Feb 09, 2007, 06:11 PM
I leave thursday for Washington DC for a "business trip". I have an interview for an RA spot at American (if I get the job, I can go back!!!). I also am meeting with a few CD stores/venues in NW DC...and of course, meeting up with all my old buddies from school, who I haven't seen since May.

I'll have some free time, so I can meet any DC CFCers for a while if they so desire.

Eran of Arcadia
Feb 09, 2007, 06:13 PM
Sure, drop me a line.

Perfection
Feb 11, 2007, 09:59 PM
Perfection-B-Gone!
Perfection-B-Back thursday

thetrooper
Feb 12, 2007, 06:09 AM
I feel that my heart has been touched by Christ. I am now a Christian!

Ha ha... 5 points for the reference though.

Sort of comeback post, even though I'll post here less frequently than before. I have rediscovered that there is a beautiful world out there. I really don't fancy the e-version of that one anymore.

Rambuchan turned up yet?

Nick Garai
Feb 12, 2007, 08:17 PM
Hi and Shalom everyone!!! I left for a while and am back again. Who missed me????

Perfection
Feb 13, 2007, 12:27 PM
Perfection-B-Lying.

Fifty
Feb 22, 2007, 02:23 PM
Hey I'm back!

What happened was, the week before I left, I went on a crazy speed binge and was awake for three weeks straight trying to figure out a way to dig a hole through the earth to Madagascar (don't ask). Anyways, I passed out and woke up 7 days later (today) feeling great.

Apologies to anyone who suffered needless psychological damage from my not being here.

Rossiya
Feb 22, 2007, 03:04 PM
You just don't know what it was like without you, Fiddy. :cry:

BasketCase
Feb 22, 2007, 05:09 PM
Never thought I'd be posting in this one!

However, some of you may have noticed I haven't posted anything in a week, which is unusual for me. The reason is a damn good one, however--

Supreme Commander finally came out. If you're wondering how I got distracted by it a week before it hit the shelves, the answer is that the demo was that good.

I'll continue working on The Vanguard, but aside from that, I'm out for a bit. I'll be back in a couple of weeks or so, but in the meantime there are Spider Bots to be built and worlds to be destroyed.

....ahh, what the heck, one quick post in one of those Iraq threads before I go, just to scratch the itch..... :D

Perfection
Feb 22, 2007, 06:09 PM
I will be spotty to nonexistant until next tuesday!

Narz
Feb 22, 2007, 11:13 PM
Narz has much to do over the next few weeks, months, years, lifetime, so I may not be around so much. Please PM me with threads I would find interesting/amusing/etc.

I love you all! :)

Spartan117
Feb 22, 2007, 11:15 PM
Dont know if any one knows who i am, but i am back this week after like a few months leave of absence.:D

However I will occasionally be browsing here, etc....

Heretic_Cata
Feb 23, 2007, 11:34 AM
Narz has much to do over the next few weeks, months, years, lifetime, so I may not be around so much. Please PM me with threads I would find interesting/amusing/etc.

:cry:

We'll miss you. :cry: :love:

Fifty
Feb 23, 2007, 11:55 AM
Bye narz! I wuv you always :love:

CurtSibling
Feb 23, 2007, 12:20 PM

Take care and call back, Narz.

You are an island of decency in a sea of vile squids.

:)

Sir_Lancelot
Feb 24, 2007, 05:54 PM
Just a notification, and a request. :)

This is not the second thread, it is the third. Maybe someone is going to edit the topic title?

The first thread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=54659

The second thread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=193442

The third (this) thread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=205402

Thank you.

nonconformist
Feb 25, 2007, 12:32 PM
Yo

you may have nboticed I've not posted much over the last week or so, and that's because I'm not.

I'm taking a voluntary exile, or at least a heavy crack-down, until the posting quality here finds its old benchmark once more.

That, and more.

Red Door
Feb 25, 2007, 03:03 PM
I was gone for a week. Nothing else will be said about my absence.

Ansar
Feb 25, 2007, 05:46 PM
Yo

you may have nboticed I've not posted much over the last week or so, and that's because I'm not.

I'm taking a voluntary exile, or at least a heavy crack-down, until the posting quality here finds its old benchmark once more.

That, and more.
Au revoir, mon ami. :(

Kan' Sharuminar
Feb 25, 2007, 06:08 PM
Yo

That, and more.

But...I would miss you :(

PrinceOfLeigh
Feb 26, 2007, 02:41 AM
"I can see you sneak back in"

:scared:

thetrooper
Feb 26, 2007, 02:46 AM
Yo

Yo brother! :wavey:

I hear you mon, but why do you think that the posting quality will improve?

"I can see you sneak back in"

So, you're back?

:mischief:

Grisu
Feb 26, 2007, 02:55 AM
hey, everybody :)

I'm back- jetlagged but basically back :)

surprisingly enough, none of the strange animals down under killed me :whew:

Richard Cribb
Feb 26, 2007, 03:22 AM
Yo

That, and more.
I can fully understand your feelings, and I am quite tempted to follow your example.
Take care friend, it was a pleasure knowing you.:)

I hear you mon, but why do you think that the posting quality will improve?
That is one heck of a good question...

Till
Feb 26, 2007, 03:23 AM
hey, everybody :)

I'm back- jetlagged but basically back :)

surprisingly enough, none of the strange animals down under killed me :whew:

Welcome back!

That was quite a long trip, wasn't it? Did you get lost in the bushland? ;)

Grisu
Feb 26, 2007, 03:41 AM
Welcome back!

That was quite a long trip, wasn't it? Did you get lost in the bushland? ;)

If my wallet (and my boss) hadn't objected it would have been even longer ;)

now it's back to work, getting all the spent money back in :eek:

had a great time though :cool: once I've waded through the tons of pics, I might post some of them around here somewhere :)

PrinceOfLeigh
Feb 26, 2007, 03:54 AM
Yo

Yo, u iz gon but u iz gonna b bak soon innit, fo reel.
So, you're back?

:mischief:
Yup, I went outside and it's a cold, dark place. I wouldn't recommend it.

How were your adventures in the big world?

thetrooper
Feb 26, 2007, 03:58 AM
How were your adventures in the big world?

Snowy and confusing.

Congrats on this weekends Wigan victory.

I might add that I'm now 100% US friendly and pro gay marriage.

PrinceOfLeigh
Feb 26, 2007, 04:05 AM
Snowy and confusing.

Congrats on this weekends Wigan victory.
It got a little dicey there but Wigan will be fine. Although Wigan is the land of the God's allowing 'footballers' into our fine Rugby City has never rested easy for me.

I uproot to Liverpool when I want to degrade myself watching that particular 'sport'.
I might add that I'm now 100% US friendly and pro gay marriage.
You are pro-gay? Why do you hate families Trooper? Why do you hate American families Trooper? Why do you hate America Trooper? Why do you sympathise with Terrorists Trooper? Why are you a terrorist Trooper?

This site still works that way doesn't it? Would be fun if it didn't! :mischief:

thetrooper
Feb 26, 2007, 04:23 AM
You are pro-gay? Why do you hate families Trooper? Why do you hate American families Trooper? Why do you hate America Trooper? Why do you sympathise with Terrorists Trooper? Why are you a terrorist Trooper?

This site still works that way doesn't it? Would be fun if it didn't! :mischief:

Twist and shout! :banana:

Seriously though, increased hours on my bike and in the gym. I'm so vain. And it feels so good!

PrinceOfLeigh
Feb 26, 2007, 04:42 AM
Seriously though, increased hours on my bike and in the gym. I'm so vain. And it feels so good!
Arnold Schwarzenegger in Pumping Iron: "It's as satisfying to me as, uh, coming is, you know? As, ah, having sex with a woman and coming. And so can you believe how much I am in heaven? I am like, uh, getting the feeling of coming in a gym, I'm getting the feeling of coming at home, I'm getting the feeling of coming backstage when I pump up, when I pose in front of 5,000 people, I get the same feeling, so I am coming day and night. I mean, it's terrific. Right? So you know, I am in heaven."

Lovely Image Troops :vomit:

thetrooper
Feb 26, 2007, 04:46 AM
I aim to please.

This is 'The Comings, Goings and New arrivals thread II ' after all.

Edit - @noncon: who is the 'quitter' now, eh?

Ingvina Freyr
Feb 26, 2007, 05:09 AM
All these comments from long-timers do get me curious. What do you all mean with "until the posting quality changes" and "until somethings change around here" or "good reasons to stay away" etc?

I find every 10th or 15th thread here contains something that gets me interested or makes me laugh, wich is why I hang around. Are you implying that threads used to be more thought through, that posts used to be more considerate, funny or thoughtful?
Or, are you just grumpy old men thinking things were much better in the old days? :old:

thetrooper
Feb 26, 2007, 05:25 AM
"until somethings change around here" or "good reasons to stay away" etc?

I can't say without getting butchered.

Do you want me to visit your PM box?

Ingvina Freyr
Feb 26, 2007, 05:38 AM
Please do. :confused:

nonconformist
Feb 26, 2007, 07:55 AM
Heh, thanks for the kind words.

I'm not leavign permanently, but more taking a respite. I'll still hang around from time to time, post a lot less, but still be around to take the mickey out of PoL and to keep the tories in line.

As for you, trooper, I'm a proud quitter, which is how I completed both my New Years resolutions.
I took up smoking, then gave it up the following morning.
I don't see what the fuss from all those weaklings who can't quit is about. It was easy.

Catharsis
Feb 26, 2007, 08:15 AM
It's all very well saying that, nonconformist and others, but what can we do? What can I, the average noob on the street, do to make Off-Topic a more enlightening place to be?

EDIT: Just realised I never introduced myself. Hi, I'm Catharsis, forum gamer and occasional punner. Just ignore me, it's better for your mental wellbeing. ;)

Old Spice
Feb 26, 2007, 03:00 PM
I'm leaving for four months to go to South America on a job.... can't really tell ya what its about.

Ansar
Feb 26, 2007, 03:15 PM
I'm leaving for four months to go to South America on a job.... can't really tell ya what its about.
Have fun! If you go far South enough, you'll be there for the winter. :)

taillesskangaru
Feb 26, 2007, 11:11 PM
Heh, thanks for the kind words.

I'm not leavign permanently, but more taking a respite. I'll still hang around from time to time, post a lot less, but still be around to take the mickey out of PoL and to keep the tories in line.

As for you, trooper, I'm a proud quitter, which is how I completed both my New Years resolutions.
I took up smoking, then gave it up the following morning.
I don't see what the fuss from all those weaklings who can't quit is about. It was easy.

:salute: Taillesskangaru salute you. Have a nice rest.

Eran of Arcadia
Feb 27, 2007, 05:55 AM
I am probably going to spend every waking moment for the next 2 or 3 weeks at work (as my boss doesn't think that hiring more people is an option) and won't really be able to get on here. I will be back as soon as I can.

Xanikk999
Feb 28, 2007, 01:33 PM
Just in case anyone wondered where i was for the past week, i was busy playing titan quest on multiplayer and its so damn addicting! I dont know when il be back to posting normalally. ;)

Eran of Arcadia
Mar 01, 2007, 06:16 AM
Okay, maybe I should have said, I will be posting a lot less.

PrinceOfLeigh
Mar 01, 2007, 08:22 AM
Well good on you. I thought something was up, she's been PMing me like crazy the last few days :mischief:

Abaddon
Mar 01, 2007, 08:23 AM
:p all yours mate, good luck!

mrtn
Mar 01, 2007, 10:49 AM
Someone might have noticed that I'm not posting as much anymore. I've got a new job, so now I spend more time measuring the distance to where the walls should be, and less time loafing in front of the computer.

Hooray for rising 5.30 in the morning, and getting a salary.

I'll be around from time to time. :wavey:

Masquerouge
Mar 01, 2007, 10:49 AM
Someone might have noticed that I'm not posting as much anymore. I've got a new job, so now I spend more time measuring the distance to where the walls should be, and less time loafing in front of the computer.

Hooray for rising 5.30 in the morning, and getting a salary.

I'll be around from time to time. :wavey:

Good luck in your new life, pal! :)

ComradeDavo
Mar 01, 2007, 10:50 AM
Hope the job works out mrtn!:)

ainwood
Mar 01, 2007, 12:55 PM
I will remind people that this thread is for people posting about leaving for meaningful periods. Further, it is not for random spam.

Perfection: A couple of days is not a meaningful period; and in most examples, your statements have been incorrect.

Abaddon; PrinceOfLeigh: Take it to PM or the chatroom.

mrtn
Mar 02, 2007, 08:21 AM
Davo, Red Mask, thanks. :) I'll just say that I'm happy it's weekend... ;)

ComradeDavo
Mar 06, 2007, 04:32 AM
I'm going to stay at a friend's in London for a few days so don't expect to be online again till wednesday the 14th! So be good and i'll see you all then:)

thetrooper
Mar 06, 2007, 04:40 AM
Have fun CD and don't forget to look for some stuff by The Retrosic.

Preferably Bomb and Revolution from ther album Nightcrawler.

And, good luck mrtn.

WS78
Mar 06, 2007, 04:48 AM
I have returned.

Urederra
Mar 08, 2007, 05:31 PM
I am comming back..... :evil: :evil: :evil:

BasketCase
Mar 09, 2007, 06:59 PM
What the hell. I'm (sort of) back in too. Paradoxically, in spite of the amount of time I spend on here, ditching CFC didn't save any time in my suddenly-rather-hectic schedule. :)

Love
Mar 11, 2007, 07:19 AM
Im BACK!!!!!

Rossiya
Mar 11, 2007, 10:12 AM
Wahey! Another Swede!

Atlas14
Mar 11, 2007, 02:32 PM
I'm back from Spring break, from which I had a crap load of homework. Now I have to give an informative speech on the reintroduction of wolves in the U.S.

bhsup
Mar 13, 2007, 08:24 AM
It's not that I've been "gone", but I've been so horribly busy the last 10-14 days that I've not had time to partake of CFC OT. Barely had time to log on and deal with my daily turns in the Pitboss game Igloo is hosting.

It's calmer now, though, so I should be around more. :)

PrinceOfLeigh
Mar 13, 2007, 08:37 AM
It's not that I've been "gone", but I've been so horribly busy the last 10-14 days that I've not had time to partake of CFC OT. Barely had time to log on and deal with my daily turns in the Pitboss game Igloo is hosting.

It's calmer now, though, so I should be around more. :)

Welcome back matey :beer:

Disgustipated
Mar 13, 2007, 11:48 PM
I'm new, I think. I just bothered to find my password again.

PrinceOfLeigh
Mar 14, 2007, 04:02 AM
I'm new, I think. I just bothered to find my password again.
Congrats :trophy: Welcome Back :beer:

ComradeDavo
Mar 14, 2007, 08:58 AM
Yo kids, have returned from my stay in London town, am thouroughly tired after going to 3 gigs and several clubs:D

thetrooper
Mar 14, 2007, 09:00 AM
Welcome back Davo!

The new Combichrist album is out btw...

ComradeDavo
Mar 14, 2007, 09:09 AM
I'm listening to it now!:goodjob:

PrinceOfLeigh
Mar 14, 2007, 09:22 AM
Yo kids, have returned from my stay in London town,
I hope you had a bath afterwards ;)

thetrooper
Mar 15, 2007, 05:28 AM
I'm off OT until June. Busy schedule, places to see, people to meet. Yeah, that's the ticket.

PrinceOfLeigh
Mar 15, 2007, 06:00 AM
I'm off OT until June. Busy schedule, places to see, people to meet. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Damn :sad:

Catch you in the Summer Troops :wavey:

Jawz II
Mar 15, 2007, 06:19 AM
See you when you get back T.

Welcome Dave-O

ComradeDavo
Mar 15, 2007, 07:20 AM
Thanks Jawz.

Cya soon Trooper!!

@PrinceOfLeigh - Bath jokes are soooooo 90's:p

PrinceOfLeigh
Mar 15, 2007, 07:58 AM
@PrinceOfLeigh - Bath jokes are soooooo 90's:p
Not the town, just to rid yourself of the dust and industrial waste that will no doubt have enveloped you in that smog-ridden southern...

Damn, I needed a descriptive word beginning with s. :mischief:

Heretic_Cata
Mar 15, 2007, 08:00 AM

Bye trooper. :wavey: We'll be waiting for you to get back. :yup:

Richard Cribb
Mar 15, 2007, 08:55 AM

Have a nice time.
You will be missed around here.

Perfection
Mar 16, 2007, 05:26 PM
The Joker Returns
http://www.batman-superman.com/batman/img/bb.jpg

Abaddon
Mar 17, 2007, 04:25 PM
Who?

Xanikk999
Mar 18, 2007, 08:10 AM
I wasnt online for almost 2 weeks because of a very long spring break, but im back now.

I stayed at St. Petersburg, Florida, in an apartment and i had no internet access unfortunately.

But i had fun nonetheless however i had to drive back because all flights to the northeast United States were canceled, including any flights to anywhere near washington DC! :mad:

schmiddi
Mar 18, 2007, 03:02 PM
because all flights to the northeast United States were canceled, including any flights to anywhere near washington DC!
Why was that? :confused:

Xanikk999
Mar 18, 2007, 03:27 PM
Why was that? :confused:

The planes that were supposed to go to that region got stuck in the snow in the north east. And if theres a tiny bit of snow on the runways and its snowing they cancel it. :(

Red Door
Mar 18, 2007, 05:31 PM
The planes that were supposed to go to that region got stuck in the snow in the north east. And if theres a tiny bit of snow on the runways and its snowing they cancel it. :(

That's funny, all of the flights going to the major airports in town had delays, but very few were canceled.

Nylan
Mar 18, 2007, 06:57 PM
I know it's old news, but I disappeared around this time 2004 and only returned about a month ago

Narz
Mar 22, 2007, 01:48 AM
I'll be away (mostly in Utah) for about eleven or twelve days starting tomorrow afternoon.

Ansar
Mar 23, 2007, 08:09 PM
I'll be away (mostly in Utah) for about eleven or twelve days starting tomorrow afternoon.
Bye Narz! :wavey:

Come back soon!

Ball Lightning
Mar 23, 2007, 08:17 PM
I'm back from a school Rural Trip which we went: Ice skating, Lawn Bowls, Down a gold mine and other stuff.
It was my best week of my short life (14 years).

Sophie 378
Mar 25, 2007, 11:31 AM
Back from my escort duties. Parents arrived Wednesday night and since then I've been navigating and so on for them... exhausting, often boring, very time-consuming, but very worth it. Now I've got enough free time again to come back and spam post here! :assimilate:

Mise
Mar 25, 2007, 12:15 PM
Back from my escort duties. Riiiiiiiiiiight...

Perfection
Mar 25, 2007, 02:01 PM
Back from being escorted by Sophie!

Sophie 378
Mar 25, 2007, 02:09 PM
You are not one of my parents.

... I'm at least 99% sure.

Yes, of course I do escort duties! What with student loans, tuition fees and ridiculous rents, what do you expect? :mischief:

Perfection
Mar 25, 2007, 02:20 PM
I'm your daddy, and you know it.

Irish Caesar
Mar 26, 2007, 11:50 AM
I took an unannounced vacation to the frozen North and have returned.

Rather rushed break, especially since I spent most of Friday and a fair amount of Saturday at Hartsfield Airport waiting for the planes to start flying to Boston again.

And now it's back to work.

Ansar
Mar 26, 2007, 01:19 PM
I took an unannounced vacation to the frozen North and have returned.

Rather rushed break, especially since I spent most of Friday and a fair amount of Saturday at Hartsfield Airport waiting for the planes to start flying to Boston again.

And now it's back to work.
Was it very cold? Or was it nice?

Irish Caesar
Mar 26, 2007, 01:29 PM
Was it very cold? Or was it nice?

Well, it snowed the weekend of March 16, so my flight was delayed and I spent almost a full day at the Atlanta airport, which was miserable. But once I was there, it was nice. There was a nice warm (50's) day to walk around Boston, and a couple of awful cold days. But cold days mean Cleopatra wears sweaters, so it was all good.

Rossiya
Mar 27, 2007, 01:59 PM
That's funny, all of the flights going to the major airports in town had delays, but very few were canceled.

He must be lying.

Irish Caesar
Mar 27, 2007, 02:18 PM
He must be lying.

On the afternoon of March 16, all flights from Atlanta (Hartsfield) to the Northeast were cancelled. Flights resumed as scheduled the morning of March 17. I would imagine the same would be true for a smaller, not-hub-of-a-major-airline airport such as TIA.

Rossiya
Mar 27, 2007, 02:19 PM
On the afternoon of March 16, all flights from Atlanta (Hartsfield) to the Northeast were cancelled. Flights resumed as scheduled the morning of March 17. I would imagine the same would be true for a smaller, not-hub-of-a-major-airline airport such as TIA.

I see. :clap:

PrinceOfLeigh
Mar 29, 2007, 06:21 AM
Hi fellas, miss me? :beer:

azzaman333
Mar 29, 2007, 06:34 AM
No tricking me. :p

Abaddon
Mar 29, 2007, 08:13 AM
I want Ram back :cry:

PrinceOfLeigh
Mar 29, 2007, 08:34 AM
If it's any consolation I just spent 5 minutes looking for Abbadon's post :hmm:

nonconformist
Mar 29, 2007, 08:36 AM
Hi fellas, miss me? :beer:

Screw you, man. Seriously. My heart skipped a beat when I read that post, you whiny northern bastard.

Chukchi Husky
Mar 30, 2007, 03:26 PM
From Sunday I might have no internet access. BT are cancelling our contract because my parents can't afford it. They plan to move to Virgin because they have television, phone and broadband for £30, but I don't know when it will happen.

Rossiya
Mar 30, 2007, 03:38 PM
All they want is money, those bastardous companies. They are all as bad as each other, apart from Virgin.

Narz
Mar 30, 2007, 03:59 PM
Bye Narz! :wavey:

Come back soon!
Back early! :)

I drove 860 miles in one day! :crazyeye:

Rossiya
Mar 30, 2007, 04:00 PM
Where did you drive from?

Trajan12
Mar 30, 2007, 04:12 PM
Everything's calming down over here so I'll be back a lot more often I hope. :)

Atlas14
Mar 30, 2007, 04:28 PM
Everything's calming down over here so I'll be back a lot more often I hope. :)

Thats good news, I'm glad to hear that :)

Kan' Sharuminar
Mar 30, 2007, 04:29 PM
Welcome back Trajan :wavey:

Trajan12
Mar 30, 2007, 04:55 PM
Welcome back Trajan :wavey:

Thanks Till? Kan? :crazyeye: What's happened here?

Abaddon
Mar 30, 2007, 04:56 PM
Aprils Fool Avatar Swap!

Kan' Sharuminar
Mar 30, 2007, 04:57 PM
I'm claiming that as a victory for me :trophy:

Trajan12
Mar 30, 2007, 05:01 PM
Oh! You'll have to forgive me, my first April here! New smilies too? Wow you've all been busy while I was gone!

Abaddon
Mar 30, 2007, 05:06 PM
:pat:

And that's used in a nice manner! :p

Narz
Mar 30, 2007, 05:17 PM
Where did you drive from?
Torrey, Utah to Monterey, California.

Trajan12
Mar 30, 2007, 05:23 PM
:pat:

And that's used in a nice manner! :p

:lol: Way more than I know what to do with. Anyway, I think there are a choice few things I should say here, public service anouncement: I'm no longer a Christian. I became an atheist while I was gone.

Eran of Arcadia
Mar 30, 2007, 05:25 PM
Huh, there is a thread in there I think.

Red Door
Mar 30, 2007, 05:38 PM
I'm leaving for North Carolina tomorrow in the morning, so don't expect to see me post again until April 7th/8th. Peace all, and hope the merger goes well!

lord_yoshi
Mar 30, 2007, 05:52 PM
Some of you might not know me, but I am back after a 2 year hiatus. :p

Perfection, come to my office.

Rossiya
Mar 30, 2007, 05:56 PM
Torrey, Utah to Monterey, California.

I looked on a map. Did you go through Nevada, through the deserts?

Urederra
Mar 30, 2007, 06:13 PM
Some of you might not know me, but I am back after a 2 year hiatus. :p

Perfection, come to my office.

Welcome back. Your nick sounds familiar.

Back early! :)

I drove 860 miles in one day! :crazyeye:

That's a lot of gas you burnt. You'll have to plant a lot of caulyflowers to balance your emisions.

Welcome back too.

Narz
Mar 30, 2007, 09:19 PM
That's a lot of gas you burnt. You'll have to plant a lot of caulyflowers to balance your emisions.
Yeah, over $150 (both ways) and creating tons of emission. :(

I hope to have an alternative powered vehicle eventually. Probably a diesel car I convert with the greasecar kit. :) (http://greasecar.com)

Welcome back too.
T'anks. :)

I looked on a map. Did you go through Nevada, through the deserts?
Yeah. I went thru them as fast as possible (gunning thru most of the Nevada & Eastern California desert @ 80-105 MPH).

Turns out this guy I know (online) lives in Las Vegas, if I wouldn't known I might have stopped to visit him, but then I wouldn't have gotten home until today (as opposed to last night).

Heretic_Cata
Mar 31, 2007, 02:30 AM
From Sunday I might have no internet access. BT are cancelling our contract because my parents can't afford it. They plan to move to Virgin because they have television, phone and broadband for 30, but I don't know when it will happen.
From sunday till when will you have no internet access ?

Chukchi Husky
Mar 31, 2007, 04:01 AM
I don't know.

Heretic_Cata
Mar 31, 2007, 05:17 AM
I don't know.
We'll miss you. :cry:

The 777 Hoax
Mar 31, 2007, 01:31 PM
I don't know if any of you guys remember me; I've been gone since August I think. I'm back. :D

Sophie 378
Mar 31, 2007, 01:33 PM
Hi! :wavey: Welcome back - you're just in time for the madness of the April avvie switch!

The 777 Hoax
Mar 31, 2007, 01:36 PM
!!!!! I forgot about that! yay!

Also I regret to inform some of you that I'll be mostly in OT now because I hardly play Civ anymore...

edit: well now I realize that the avie switch has already started and now i'm all confused :lol:

Narz
Mar 31, 2007, 01:57 PM
I don't know if any of you guys remember me; I've been gone since August I think. I'm back. :D
I do. :)

I don't play Civ anymore either <snip>

Narz, you know better than that.

AAHZ
Apr 02, 2007, 09:09 PM
Some of you may know me from the "April Fools Joke" :D
if not i would be glad to clarify matters...

well, i am here to officialy announce that CFC is my new online home. you all are wonderful, friendly people, and i hope to get to know you all over the course if my stay...
piece

Chukchi Husky
Apr 03, 2007, 05:44 AM
I got internet access again.

Kan' Sharuminar
Apr 03, 2007, 05:45 AM
Welcome back Chukchi! I got the Porcupine Tree album you recommended (In Absentia), really liking it so far :)

Ansar
Apr 03, 2007, 05:51 AM
I got internet access again.
:woohoo:

Welcome back, Chukchi! :)

Rossiya
Apr 03, 2007, 07:29 AM
I go to the West Midlands tonight for about 10 days. Therefore, I shall not be on until around the 13th of April.

PrinceOfLeigh
Apr 03, 2007, 07:36 AM
Good Luck Chris :salute:

nonconformist
Apr 03, 2007, 08:22 AM
Back from the "Lager" for "breaching" certain "rules" about "spamming" because of various "jokes".

See funny pictures thread to understand.

s.c.dude
Apr 03, 2007, 03:34 PM
i'm back! many of you know me as your typical run of the mill creationist cristian libertarian weirdo, and so:crazyeye:

Cannae
Apr 03, 2007, 06:57 PM
Note to self: I will not be here on these forms to make annoying yet informative posts due to the fact that I will be on vacation from April 3 to April 8. Sorry. I hope you all will have a good, fun and slap-happy spring break (that's if you have one.)

Disgustipated
Apr 03, 2007, 07:46 PM
Some of you may know me from the "April Fools Joke" :D
if not i would be glad to clarify matters...

well, i am here to officialy announce that CFC is my new online home. you all are wonderful, friendly people, and i hope to get to know you all over the course if my stay...
piece

new online home? :scared:

I guess I feel brave enough to reveal my identity "over there". You guys should be intuitive enough to figure out what "over there" is. My screen name over there is Dis. Disgustipated is just a longer form of Dis. :D. Although my screen name over there was shortened from Dissident Aggressor. But I tired of that name, so had no desire to use it there. It's now just the name of a Tool song (vs the name of a Judas Priest/Slayer song).

Eran of Arcadia
Apr 03, 2007, 07:49 PM
Note to self: I will not be here on these forms to make annoying yet informative posts due to the fact that I will be on vacation from March 3 to March 8.

By "March", do you by any chance mean "April"?

Cannae
Apr 03, 2007, 08:13 PM
By "March", do you by any chance mean "April"?

Oh... sorry yes that what I ment to say. :blush:

Sirotnikov
Apr 03, 2007, 08:37 PM
So perhaps I'm not known very well.

I'm Siro from 'poly. Joined there in Feb 2000, searching for the perfect Civ II mods.

Since had the time to release the "Stone Interface" graphic mod for Civ III, participate in the first two months of the first demogame ever, and be a part of the infamous poly OT for years upon years.

I'm a 22 y/o Israeli. :)

Ansar
Apr 03, 2007, 08:38 PM
Awesome, now we have a Middle Eastern! :D

Welcome, Sirotnikov. How do you like CFC? Better than Apolyton, no? :p

s.c.dude
Apr 03, 2007, 09:01 PM

Welcome, Sirotnikov. How do you like CFC? Better than Apolyton, no? :pmerger ftl :D

Till
Apr 04, 2007, 06:27 AM
So perhaps I'm not known very well.

I'm Siro from 'poly. Joined there in Feb 2000, searching for the perfect Civ II mods.

Since had the time to release the "Stone Interface" graphic mod for Civ III, participate in the first two months of the first demogame ever, and be a part of the infamous poly OT for years upon years.

I remember using the Stone Interface. Good work! :goodjob:
(And welcome to CFCOT, of course!)

Talkie_Toaster
Apr 04, 2007, 08:13 AM
I thought I'd come and browse OT a bit more. I spend most of my days hiding out in the RFC forum, so you won't have seen me much before. Hi!

Sirotnikov
Apr 04, 2007, 01:29 PM
I remember using the Stone Interface. Good work! :goodjob:
(And welcome to CFCOT, of course!)

Welcome, Sirotnikov. How do you like CFC? Better than Apolyton, no? :p

Not only from the ME but also some one from inside the action ;)

I won't comment on comparing sites. :mischief:
They're... different :p

Catharsis
Apr 05, 2007, 11:20 AM
This post is dedicated to nonconformist and the die-hard warriors of the South.

Because he is in fact here! (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5285475&postcount=208)

PrinceOfLeigh
Apr 05, 2007, 11:24 AM
This post is dedicated to nonconformist and the die-hard warriors of the South.

Because he is in fact here! (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5285475&postcount=208)
Finally, someone from down South who can string a sentence together.

Rambu's a good guy, I'm sure he'd be pleased that Southerners are treating his return like the 2nd Coming of Christ.

Heretic_Cata
Apr 05, 2007, 11:50 AM
I have a new computer now, so i will hardly ever post now for several days/weeks since i'll be playing new stuff on it. Hopefully i'll start posting more - one day ... one day ...

It's been fun, :)
Love you all. :wavey:

nonconformist
Apr 05, 2007, 12:43 PM
Jesus H. Christ on a bike!
Rambuchan posted! Deck the halls! Up with the red flags! Be still my beating heart!

aimeeandbeatles
Apr 05, 2007, 04:41 PM
I'm newwwwwwwwwwww hereeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Okay I got carried away...
I'm 14 years old, female, and play old computer games like Civilization II

Why old ones? They more interesting, and plus back when I had my old computer (replaced it only about a month ago!) the new ones kept crashing it.

Catharsis
Apr 05, 2007, 04:42 PM
I'm 14 years old, female, and play old computer games like Civilization II

There's a guy called Xanikk999 here that you should really watch out for... :shifty:

Welcomeses!

Xanikk999
Apr 05, 2007, 04:44 PM
There's a guy called Xanikk999 here that you should really watch out for... :shifty:

Welcomeses!

Dude im 20 and not a pedophile... :shake:

Catharsis
Apr 05, 2007, 04:44 PM
Hehe, sorry Xanikk, I couldn't resist.

aimeeandbeatles
Apr 05, 2007, 04:45 PM
Okay, what's going on?

Xanikk999
Apr 05, 2007, 04:46 PM
Okay, what's going on?

Nothing he was just joking with you. ;)

nonconformist
Apr 05, 2007, 04:46 PM
Ahem: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=193858

Xanikk999
Apr 05, 2007, 04:48 PM
Ahem: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=193858

Damnit why cant i edit my posts in that thread.

Im trying to revert my image please stop embarrasing me. :mad:

Abaddon
Apr 05, 2007, 04:49 PM
AHAHAHAHA thats priceless NonCon.

Aimee, you have jumped into a spikey pit coming to OT.. best of luck!

aimeeandbeatles
Apr 05, 2007, 04:54 PM
Don't worry. I've been in places worser than this

Such as this forum I was on a couple of years ago... I'll never forget what they did to me...

Ansar
Apr 05, 2007, 04:55 PM
Welcome, aimee! :)

Just wondering, do you play CivII Test of Time? Or the regular CivII?

aimeeandbeatles
Apr 05, 2007, 04:58 PM
The regular version, I believe. Let me find the box and I'll get back to you

**bangs head while under table** owwwwwwwww.....

Just regular CivII

Abaddon
Apr 05, 2007, 05:03 PM
Well if you want to modify your game at all i did spend a stupidly long time uploading civII stuff into the Downloads bit (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=78)

aimeeandbeatles
Apr 05, 2007, 05:07 PM
I'll take a look, thanks ;-)

Eran of Arcadia
Apr 05, 2007, 05:34 PM
Hi welcome aimee.

(Why are we trying to scare her? There are few enough females at it is. I think we are just going to need to get Xanikk fixed once and for all.)

Xanikk999
Apr 05, 2007, 05:35 PM
Hi welcome aimee.

(Why are we trying to scare her? There are few enough females at it is. I think we are just going to need to get Xanikk fixed once and for all.)

Goddamn what is it with all these jokes about me. It pisses me off and reinforces the stereotype about me that isnt true.

Eran of Arcadia
Apr 05, 2007, 05:36 PM
I've read the threads you have started, dude.

Xanikk999
Apr 05, 2007, 05:38 PM
I've read the threads you have started, dude.

So that was over 6 months ago, i dont do that anymore. So shut up with trying to embarrass me. (You too noncon)

Ansar
Apr 05, 2007, 06:00 PM
Um, Xanikk, you made a thread asking if our (male sexual organ) has been circumsized... ;)

nonconformist
Apr 05, 2007, 06:01 PM
Um, Xanikk, you made a thread asking if our (male sexual organ) has been circumsized... ;)

Besides the compulsion you ahve to make six hundred threads a day,

Eran of Arcadia
Apr 05, 2007, 06:01 PM
Hi welcome aimee

Man, forget I mentioned anything about Xman . . .

Xanikk999
Apr 05, 2007, 06:12 PM

So? That doesnt have to do with being a desperate pedophilic wierdo?

You guys are just insecure and homophobic if you get offended by the word "circumcision".

As ive said, i put to much faith in your maturity, i shall not do it again.

Atlas14
Apr 05, 2007, 06:19 PM
Welcome Aimee (my friend spells her name that way too :) )!

aimeeandbeatles
Apr 05, 2007, 06:31 PM
I'm confused now

Thanks for the welcomes

Eran of Arcadia
Apr 05, 2007, 06:37 PM
yeah, ignore what I said. Except the welcome part.

Rhymes
Apr 05, 2007, 07:22 PM
@Noncon
I don't mean too spam but I haven't laughed that much in a while :lol:
Nicest PWNED!!! in OT's history. :hatsoff:

Ansar
Apr 05, 2007, 07:26 PM
Too bad he hasn't been able to pwn PoL so badly. :p

Mise
Apr 05, 2007, 09:20 PM
Don't worry. I've been in places worser than this

Such as this forum I was on a couple of years ago... I'll never forget what they did to me...
No-one else picked up on this...?

Turner
Apr 05, 2007, 10:30 PM
That's quite enough of picking on other forum members.

AAHZ
Apr 06, 2007, 05:08 AM
new online home? :scared:

Perhaps i got a little too carried away Dis; that is something i do. CFC is huge... VERY huge. it will be hard for me to make a name here, but I have to decided to hang out at BOTH forums. I could NEVER just abandon 'Poly...

good to meet you all...

piece :D

Red Door
Apr 07, 2007, 05:59 PM
I'm back from North Carolina. I posted a couple times (nothing noticeable) during the week. I see I missed a prank, an insurgency, a very good Xanikk pwning, and lots of other cool stuff.

schmiddi
Apr 08, 2007, 02:18 PM
I'm moving and don't know when I will have access to the Internet again. So 'til then. :wavey:

Till
Apr 08, 2007, 02:28 PM
I'm moving and don't know when I will have access to the Internet again. So 'til then. :wavey:

Mach's gut!

Perfection
Apr 10, 2007, 02:08 PM
An evil witch turned me a frog until a princess kissed me!

Colonel
Apr 10, 2007, 02:33 PM
Well I don't know I'm posting today but I'm not sure if I'm back :D

Ansar
Apr 10, 2007, 05:57 PM
Well I don't know I'm posting today but I'm not sure if I'm back :D
It would be awesome to have you back. :)

Narz
Apr 11, 2007, 12:06 AM
Yeah, come back Colonel. :)

downtown
Apr 12, 2007, 07:14 PM
I'm out of here for a few days after tonight...I'm going on a mini tour, hitting the College of Wooster and multiple shows at Case Western Reserve University, along with a few meetings with venue booking agents and record stores.

Hopefully I'll come back with some cool stories from the road.

Irish Caesar
Apr 12, 2007, 07:25 PM
Rock hard (or brush softly, when the music requires it), and try to bring back some chicks!

:cool:

Rossiya
Apr 13, 2007, 04:09 PM
BACK from West Midlands!

VIDE TE NE BOII AFANGUL!

Golden Touch
Apr 19, 2007, 04:25 AM
In case you hadnt noticed...
I'M BACK. mwahahahahaha

Prince_Imrahil
Apr 19, 2007, 04:29 AM
We noticed we did.. :mischief:

Cheers!:beer:

Abaddon
Apr 19, 2007, 04:30 AM
"Oh Noes!"

*hides*

Golden Touch
Apr 19, 2007, 07:57 AM
*hides*

you can run....

mrtn
Apr 19, 2007, 10:46 AM
you can run....

You can run but you can't get a hiding? Or am I confusing the sayings? :D

Abaddon
Apr 19, 2007, 10:47 AM
Don't encourage her...:hammer2:

schmiddi
Apr 21, 2007, 03:11 PM
Got everything runing again, so here I am.

Fifty
Apr 23, 2007, 09:27 PM
HELLO EVERYONE! I'M BACK!

Sorry for being gone so long. I was taking a trip to the inner Oort Cloud and this is as fast as I could make the trip because FTL is impossible.

bhsup
Apr 23, 2007, 09:32 PM
You should have called. I just equipped my Ford Taurus with an FTL this very morning and would have been happy to come pick you up.

Fifty
Apr 24, 2007, 09:47 AM
:lol: Seriously it's really good to be back. In my space journey the only forum I could access was narz's raw food dieting forum, which is soooo not cool.

PrinceOfLeigh
Apr 24, 2007, 09:49 AM
I thought RawLovers was about wrestling when I signed up. Now it's among the top hits on the "PrinceofLeigh" Google :shake:

Xanikk999
Apr 24, 2007, 09:52 AM
Im back from a week long "Vacation" for having too many infractions.

Since its an automatic "Vacation" and NOT a mod action it should be ok to talk about it.

No, it's not okay. Warned for PDMA.

BCLG100
Apr 24, 2007, 09:57 AM
I thought RawLovers was about wrestling when I signed up. Now it's among the top hits on the "PrinceofLeigh" Google :shake:

:lol: that below grannys grannys and more grannys?:mischief:

thetrooper
Apr 24, 2007, 10:14 AM
Im back from a week long "Vacation" for having too many infractions.

Since its an automatic "Vacation" and NOT a mod action it should be ok to talk about it.

Careful, this is clearly PDAA. ;)

Welcome back!

JoeM
Apr 25, 2007, 07:28 AM
Nice to see the old names still posting, seems I got a bit sidetracked with fatherhood and golf and didn't have time to argue about the existence of God, pillory the international community and moan about the intellectual capacity of "PROVE:" thread starters.

...Have i missed much?

Is Perfection still antagonising the Bible literalists? :D

Is CurtSibling still on my ignore list? :lol:

Has anyone found a way to stop people posting conclusions as threads? No? ;)

Bozo Erectus
Apr 25, 2007, 07:55 AM
Welcome back to the internet game forum.

PrinceOfLeigh
Apr 25, 2007, 08:16 AM
Nice to see the old names still posting, seems I got a bit sidetracked with fatherhood and golf and didn't have time to argue about the existence of God, pillory the international community and moan about the intellectual capacity of "PROVE:" thread starters.
You've been gone 9 months? :eek: Seems like yesterday

Good to have you back. :goodjob:
Welcome back to the internet game forum.
Is that a Forum Games reference? What the hell is forum games anyway? I keep hearing people refering to it :confused:

Bozo Erectus
Apr 25, 2007, 08:25 AM
Is that a Forum Games reference? What the hell is forum games anyway? I keep hearing people refering to it :confused:
Ya got me, first Ive heard of it. No, I was thinking about how people describe this place when they want to call us all dummies or losers. Its always an internet game forum. They dont need to italicize 'game' I do it mentally:crazyeye:

Not that JoeM was being insulting in any way.

Catharsis
Apr 25, 2007, 09:24 AM

Ya got me, first Ive heard of it.

Pah, pathetic heathens. Go here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=154) and be enlightened. :cool:

PrinceOfLeigh
Apr 25, 2007, 09:31 AM
Ahh, apprentice becomes master in a few months. The force is strong in this one. :old:

nonconformist
Apr 25, 2007, 10:53 AM
Welcome back, Joe, nice to have you back with us.

Richard Cribb
Apr 26, 2007, 12:03 AM
I just learned that a tragedy has happened to somebody close to me, so I will have other priorities in the near future than posting here. This will also influence of my participation in the chess final.
My apologies to those whom I currently debating with, they will have to wait for further responses.

Abaddon
Apr 26, 2007, 12:53 AM
I love it is considered serious debating :)

JoeM
Apr 26, 2007, 04:26 AM
Welcome back, Joe, nice to have you back with us.

Thanks, given that I can't even understand the last nine posts, it looks like it's going to take a few days to get up to speed again :lol:

nonconformist
Apr 26, 2007, 09:00 AM
I just learned that a tragedy has happened to somebody close to me, so I will have other priorities in the near future than posting here. This will also influence of my participation in the chess final.
My apologies to those whom I currently debating with, they will have to wait for further responses.

My condolences, Luce, and I hope you will eventually rejoin us mere mortals.

Thanks, given that I can't even understand the last nine posts, it looks like it's going to take a few days to get up to speed again
Joe, I'm within the top 20 posters here, and I don't know what the hell they're on about.

PrinceOfLeigh
Apr 26, 2007, 09:38 AM
Joe, I'm within the top 20 posters here, and I don't know what the hell they're on about.
More to do with your Southern Education and Scrumpy Jack intake than elitism though isn't it?

JoeM
Apr 27, 2007, 07:00 AM
Anyone see or hear from Lambert Simnel? Or Rambuchan*?

*We didn't exactly get on, but nevertheless.

Abaddon
Apr 27, 2007, 07:02 AM
Ram seems to have gone :(

Irish Caesar
May 03, 2007, 01:20 AM
I'll be out sometime before the end of the week; I'm not really sure when I'm actually going to be done posting, so I'll announce my vacation before actually leaving.

Anyway, it's been fun, and I'll be back full-time in August.

Chukchi Husky
May 04, 2007, 02:41 AM
Going to North Devon for the weekend. Leaving today and coming back on Monday.

Sophie 378
May 04, 2007, 12:36 PM
Back at uni now, trying to revise for my imminent exams. :scared: No more chatting and much less posting for maybe a month. :hide::run:

Urederra
May 04, 2007, 12:39 PM
Good luck with your exams, Sophie.

Kan' Sharuminar
May 04, 2007, 12:40 PM
Bye Irish and CH, have fun. And g'luck with exams Sophie!

BCLG100
May 04, 2007, 01:59 PM
More to do with your Southern Education and Scrumpy Jack intake than elitism though isn't it?

coupled with being a constant whompet

i thought ram went on holiday, an actual one?

Red Door
May 04, 2007, 02:06 PM
So, does anyone know what happened to our man Sidhe?

Love
May 04, 2007, 02:07 PM
Nopeynopey...

downtown
May 04, 2007, 02:31 PM
I'll be out sometime before the end of the week; I'm not really sure when I'm actually going to be done posting, so I'll announce my vacation before actually leaving.

Anyway, it's been fun, and I'll be back full-time in August.

Headed back home, or off to new adventures?

Either way, have a great summer! :)

Catharsis
May 04, 2007, 03:01 PM
Sidhe's done with CFC. Read the discussion page of his OT Wiki article.

Atlas14
May 04, 2007, 03:21 PM
Goodbye CFC

Rossiya
May 04, 2007, 03:24 PM
Goodbye CFC

You've gone forever?

Red Door
May 04, 2007, 03:33 PM

I was hoping he'd post.

Irish Caesar
May 04, 2007, 05:17 PM
Headed back home, or off to new adventures?

Either way, have a great summer! :)

Nah, no adventures for me this summer; I've had my fun the last few years. At this point, I'm looking forward to an uneventful summer working less than a mile from my house.

Maybe I'll swing by here once or twice, but most likely, I'll be internet-less until August. If you do end up touring in the Northeast, e-mail me (I'm pretty sure it's on my profile...).

Good luck on finals, to everyone who hasn't taken them yet!

LucyDuke
May 06, 2007, 10:58 PM
My aunt finally lost her fifteen-year fight against cancer last week. Our family is very close. So that's had me sort of busy the last week or so, why I haven't been and won't be posting much. On Thursday I have to go to Florida to be with my cousin for a little while. I'm not expecting too much if any internetting while down there. I'd like to think I'll be missed in the Ask a Girl thread though I'm glad I'm not the only staff over there.

See y'all in a couple weeks. :wavey:

PrinceOfLeigh
May 07, 2007, 05:50 AM
See you soon Lucy :wavey:

CivGeneral
May 09, 2007, 10:25 PM
Not sure if this is appropriate to post since I am only going to be away from a certan section for a while.
I am going to rest my mind and sanity and take a little break from OT for Grad Weekend. You may still catch me in the Demogames forum.

Fifty
May 09, 2007, 10:28 PM
I am going to rest my mind and sanity and take a month break from OT. You may still catch me in the Demogames forum.

BYE CIVG! ALTHOUGH IT DOESN'T REALLY MAKE SENSE TO SAY BYE BECAUSE I WILL SEE YOU IN #FIFTYCHAT!

Bill3000
May 09, 2007, 10:52 PM
BYE CIVG! ALTHOUGH IT DOESN'T REALLY MAKE SENSE TO SAY BYE BECAUSE I WILL SEE YOU IN #FIFTYCHAT!

What he said.

Sidhe
May 10, 2007, 03:13 AM

You'd find that difficult as it's been deleted, or it should have been by personal request. So let me clarify.

However it is true I have decided to move on to pastures new. Leaving the schoolyard for reasons a lot more complicated than just CFCOTwiki, that was the straw that broke the camels back of disillusionment with CFC that had been building for a while.

For these reasons

1) losing interest generally, too many people I know don't appear to be around any more, probably left. And the general discussion seems to be less interesting.
2) Too much like being back at school, gangs, cliques(you know the kids you knew at school that thought they were popular, but in a strange sort of way you always knew they'd end up working at Burger King because they were in fact worthless) Bullies etc, there is an increasing vogue for gangbanging which has been noted by several other posters too.
3) Rule system way to tight, I've been banned pretty much for 3 months solid, and I for the life of me - apart from the last one where I was leaving anyway and so couldn't of gave a monkeys for rules - have no idea why, nor can I fathom the rules system, which makes no sense to me whatsoever. Thus if you don't like the system: leave: seems to be the best option.

Anyway it's been a lot of fun, and with the exception of some wankers who shall remain nameless, everyone has been great and a lot of interesting conversation was had, no regrets, well worth it. Cionara.

EDIT:Gogf's proposal is now the accepted norm. Quote: "..all relevant facts are permissible on a user's page. The discussion page can be used to determine whether a fact is relevant or not. If a fact's veracity is called into question, we can institute a system like the one Wikipedia employs. If users want to have a personal profile that others are not allowed to edit, then they can user their User:username page."

I'd like to remind all people who use CFCwiki that they have no right to post anything that you personally find insulting inflammatory or infringes on your personal privacy, ie the example given with Strider. So if you want them to remove anything ask a mod at wiki and they will make them. The mods have given themselves rights they do not possess, do not buy into their nonsense, you have the right to edit anything out of your personal profile you want, on the slightest of whims, and there is damn all they can do about it except kick you off. :D

None of this gives anyone any sort of 'free pass' to ignore the forum rules.

Abaddon
May 10, 2007, 05:12 AM
Lurking no more - I now oppose the point system,its open to abuse. I will post these complaints.

Anyone miss me?

thetrooper
May 10, 2007, 05:18 AM
Anyone miss me?

Not at all...

;)

Godspeed Sidhe!

:salute:

Abaddon
May 10, 2007, 05:25 AM
:p I wasn't asking you anyway.

thetrooper
May 10, 2007, 05:36 AM
Actually, I've been missing you Abaddon. :love:

I feel so... incomplete... without you!

PrinceOfLeigh
May 10, 2007, 05:39 AM
I think we've found our DoULike guy :dubious:

:wavey: to Sidhe, dunno if you'll be around to read this but it it won't be the same without you. Drop by won't ya?

Catharsis
May 10, 2007, 10:30 AM
1) losing interest generally, too many people I know don't appear to be around any more, probably left. And the general discussion seems to be less interesting.
2) Too much like being back at school, gangs, cliques(you know the kids you knew at school that thought they were popular, but in a strange sort of way you always knew they'd end up working at Burger King because they were in fact worthless) Bullies etc, there is an increasing vogue for gangbanging which has been noted by several other posters too.
3) Rule system way to tight, I've been banned pretty much for 3 months solid, and I for the life of me - apart from the last one where I was leaving anyway and so couldn't of gave a monkeys for rules - have no idea why, nor can I fathom the rules system, which makes no sense to me whatsoever. Thus if you don't like the system: leave: seems to be the best option.

Hee-hee, I don't agree with any of that. :mischief:

Bye Sidhe, and CivGeneral too. :wavey:

Rossiya
May 10, 2007, 10:55 AM
Farewell, thouest Sidhe.