View Full Version : Slovakia Nation v1,5 for CIV1,61

hrochland
Feb 05, 2007, 02:40 AM
Both leaders, Ludovit Stur and Milan Rastislav Štefánik are animated in last version 2,01
download here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15432)
__________________________________________________ _______________________________
Slovakia2.0 version with new Ludovit Stur animated LeaderHead
download (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15432)
__________________________________________________ _______________
__________________________________________________ ________________________________
SlovakiaMod 1.9 (BtS 3,13 version)

- New correct model for UU Zbojnik for BtS 3,13 created
- Added complete civilopedia enteries for Slovak Empire in Czech and English language
- 1-st UB Bratislava castle edited as other palaces (without changes), only for model in game
- 2-nd UB Slovak Krcma - replace grocery, better output than grocery
- Update for BtS 3,13
- added simple diplomusic for SK
download (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=6619)
__________________________________________________ ________________________________
SlovakiaMod 1.6.2 - now unique building in version for 1,61 Patch
download (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4096)
3/20/2007 - SlovakiaMod 1,7 for Warlords 2,08
updated for warlords
Bratislava castle remade as UB Palace
download (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4411)
(This is my first work for Warlords. Take me, please, reflections about errors... )
http://www.mrako.sk/hrochland/slovakia_warlords.jpg

SLOVAKIA nation for CIV4 1,61 by HROCHland and BORNAparte
Leaders: Stefanik, Stur
UU: Zbojnik, Partyzan (no reskin only)
NEW Wonder: Bratislava Castle
Some texts and leaders maybe I will add in next version.
Download from database:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4096
Older versions you can find on the Czech and Slovak fanatics sites: http://civilizace.kvasha.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=3
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/89000/slovak.jpg

K.F. Huszár
Feb 05, 2007, 04:53 AM
Congratulation on the Bratislava Castle wonder :lol: :lol:

and for the whole mistaken concept. Slovakia has to wait some years to become a civilization.

when they succeeded to exterminate Hungarian folks from the Carpthain Basin, then Slovensko might be proud of buildings and cities which are left here.

TheBoatman
Feb 05, 2007, 05:02 AM
Congratulation on the Bratislava Castle wonder :lol: :lol:

and for the whole mistaken concept. Slovakia has to wait some years to become a civilization.

when they succeeded to exterminate Hungarian folks from the Carpthain Basin, then Slovensko might be proud of buildings and cities which are left here.

That was a stupid nationalistic reply.

The civ is nicely done, it is good to have more and more civs to play with. I would only question the balance issues (2UU, etc.), but it has the flavour.

K.F. Huszár
Feb 05, 2007, 05:12 AM
if it was nationalistic then history is ultra-nationalistic.
and it was not a reply, just a silent remark :)

otherwise i admit that this guy made a nice work. however a nice work could be false at the same time.

TheBoatman
Feb 05, 2007, 05:29 AM
Yes, the history of central europe was ultranationalistic during 19th and 20th century. I cost lifes of far too many people.

That's why I hate hearing all those remarks like: "Hungarians are a nation of horseback barbarians who speak strange language and eat paprika all the time." "Slovaks are nation too young to say anything." Gypsies are indians who can only steal" "Poles are zealous fanatics and vodka drunkards." "Czechs are lazy cowards." ... and many others.
You could write something like that under any CE nation submission.

Populists like Jan Slota, Kaczyński brothers, Vaclav Klaus or Viktor Orban are real threats to people rather than their neighbours. And you wrote your "remark" in that style. People in Slovakia are the only ones to say whether they are a nation or not. And there is certainly a civilization there.

K.F. Huszár
Feb 05, 2007, 06:10 AM
Well, just first being offtopic:
i do not regard orban viktor and the kaczinski brothers, or dzurinda (slovakian)to be on the same level as jan slota.

second: i can bear the historical justice that hungarians had no cities 1100 years before - just bigger settlings. also, i can bear some other inconvenient pieces of historical justice.

the only thing i can not tolarate is when someone is not fulfilled with taking away someone other's lands but tries to take away its history as well - maybe for somekind of social pschycosis compensation?

i did not say a single word like this:

That's why I hate hearing all those remarks like: "Hungarians are a nation of horseback barbarians who speak strange language and eat paprika all the time." "Gypsies are indians who can only steal" "Poles are zealous fanatics and vodka drunkards." "Czechs are lazy cowards." ... and many others.
You could write something like that under any CE nation submission.

i just told that Slovakia is a young nation to be treated as a civilization. I did not say any dishonouric for the Slovakian national attributes.

But of course it is a game. You can make ANY civilization, with ANY imagianry cities as well.

P.S. the biggest danger for Europe are the politicians like Gerhard Schröder, Tony Blair and their '68 -like colleagues.

hrochland
Feb 05, 2007, 06:53 AM
I made SlovakiaMod for request of my slovak friends. They most of all are playing CIVILIZATION4 and they enjoy playing, because it is game... ;)
I liked to read your opinions, of course, but first of all I wish you nice game :)

K.F. Huszár
Feb 05, 2007, 06:59 AM
hrochland, that was a sober and cool attitude.

The city list which i can imagine rather could make me laugh - i would not have wrote for that case. the only thing which made me upset was the Bratislava Castle... that's all.

bye and good gaming.

it was my last post here (i hope :) if no offenders of Malina Hedvig should write here :) )

TheBoatman
Feb 05, 2007, 07:17 AM
I don't think that Slovak national identity defines itself from stealing history from Hungarians, if you mean it this way, they have enough stories of their own. Trianon treaty may not have been the luckiest way how to divide lands by nationalities. However, by now it has become the basis of current states. It is too deep in the past.

If your main concern is Bratislava Castle/Pozsonyi vár/Bratislavský hrad than it is difficult to decide whose nation history it concerns more. There were Slavic fortifications before Hungarians came. Then it was for a long time an important centre of Hungarian kingdom, even capital for some time. The city was multinational. The castle fell into ruins and reconstruction was funded by the Czechoslovakia.
And as always you have to divide nation and country. It was main castle of the Kingdom of Hungary (country whose rulers were of austrian ancestry using german as their mother tongue). But you can't make a distinct line whose NATION it was capital.

And it was probably chosen because it is the most significant building in Bratislava which is now a capital of Slovakia. That is very simple idea.

I have always seen the term civilization a wrong choice, because the game is about states/empires. It is not about nations as well.

Anyway, I am afraid that we have been going too far offtopic.

PS hrochland, I wish good luck in further projects.

hrochland
Feb 05, 2007, 07:59 AM
@ K.F. Huszár: sorry, I didn´t want take discusse out of casual politeness :)

@ TheBoatman: I had studied Slovak history for two weeks from available materials, before I wrote it to civilopedia. Unfortunatelly it is not translated all to English. In English version of civilopedia I write about ancient times of slovak history.

I will be glad to talk about slovak history with both of you, despite of my bad English. ((Now my friend is helping me with nag - nag - nag :hammer2: nag))

P.S. I will learn about Magyar history as soon as possible. I don´t know much about it now. Sorry guys :)

Pannonius
Feb 13, 2007, 06:04 PM
Less politics, more Civ's to play, please!

vmiku914
Feb 23, 2007, 03:55 PM
I tried the mod with the warlords expansion and it did not work. Will the Slovak mod be updated to work with the expansion?

hrochland
Feb 26, 2007, 01:46 AM
I tried the mod with the warlords expansion and it did not work. Will the Slovak mod be updated to work with the expansion?

Yes, thanks, I plan remake Slovakia Mod for Warlords :) In this time I make unique building model... All work take me some time more...

Italicus
Mar 10, 2007, 09:40 AM
This civilization is only for civ 1,61?

hrochland
Mar 12, 2007, 01:29 AM
I´am doing warlords version in these days...;)

hrochland
Mar 20, 2007, 02:07 AM
3/20/2007 - SlovakiaMod 1,7 for Warlords 2,08
updated for warlords
Bratislava castle remade as UB Palace
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4411
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/89000/blavacastle.jpg
This is my first work for Warlords. Take me, please, reflections about errors... :)

strategyonly
Mar 20, 2007, 07:32 AM
Would have been better (no offense) but put the rest of your "Models" in the game also, ie sea factory, fish farm etc, just my opinion.

hrochland
Mar 20, 2007, 08:07 AM
:) Most of my models are in my HrochMod. Slovakia Mod I made with BORNAparte for Czech and Slovak Civ4 community and they need clean version. HrochMod here on the CF is not for download, because it has not civilopedia enteries in English (for my bad knowledge of this language)
You can find HrochMod v3,1 on the Adress: http://civilizace.kvasha.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=65
In chzech and slovak language only, but link for download you there find ;)

MarcoSlawone
Apr 17, 2007, 02:44 AM
Ok folks, just a little bit of history... (but before that : I am a liberally thinking person who does not distinguish people by race or religion, or etc.)
Slovak nation has arisen from its Slavonic predecessors.Although, modern Slovak republic has been found in 1993 (and before in 1939, but that state was an externality of WWII), there has been a civilization - state (!) in area of modern Slovakia, part of Czech Republic, and I think, also part of Hungary - called The Great Moravia - in 9th and 10th century. Language of those people was similar to present Slovak. Leaders of state were earl Svatopluk, earl Rastislav, etc. (names Rastislav and Svatopluk - besides other names used in Great Moravia - are familiarly used in Slovakia also today). Therefore, Slovak nation has also its ancient history, and it is not as young nation as might be thought of :)
Hrochland, BORNAparte : thank you very very much for this mod :)

K.F. Huszár
Apr 17, 2007, 03:25 AM
Hi dear MacroSlawone :))

I can see a little gap in the history and culture of "Slovakian" nation. A 1000 years gap.

So, maybe the etnogenezis of the Slovaks has something to do with Moravia (founded by the mystic merchant, Samo /Samuel - a jewish merchant possibly/).

but it is not about "civilization".

Otherwise, just to see it in a more peaceful way: i just wonder, Slovakians and MAgyars could live and fight together in the Middle Ages, both folks having the "Hungarus-counsciousness" - creating a common civ, the Kingdom of Hungary.

all the bests

hrochland
Apr 17, 2007, 04:06 AM
There are things, which evaluates history after our lives. The history which talks by our achievements :)

MarcoSlawone
Apr 17, 2007, 05:24 AM
Yes, slovak etnogenezis has much to do with Great Moravia - it has built a ground of our present language, writing and culture. Earl Rastislav has made Slavonics in Moravia christians, and later, one of Hungarian kings has also affiliated Hungarian kingdom with christianity (I am sorry, I do not remember his name, although I think, he was sanctified)
Yes, I agree - slovak nation was a part of Hungary kingdom for a long period of time (and I think, both nations thrived thanks to this kingdom), but there was also a Habsburg monarchy for a long period of time - and Hungary was part of it too. So, I cannot fully agree with idea of common civ - kingdom of Hungary. I admit - kingdom of Hungary has its steady place in history - but the same place - according to slovak nation - belongs to Habsburg monarchy. As far as wikipedia says :) ... Habsburgs ruled Hungary since 15th century. In 19th century (1863 I think), there was Hungarian "emancipation" - Hungarian peoples got partial self-government.
To sum up : slovak nation was part of Hungarian kingdom for 4-5 centuries, and part of Habsburg monarchy for another 5 centuries. Therefore, I cannot fully agree with Hungarian kingdom. As the Civilization builds on nations - Egyptians, Chinese, Russians, Germans, etc.... I prefer Great Moravia, as the old-slavonics of Great moravia were almost the same nation as today's Slovaks. And, for Hungarian peoples - I would prefer Hungarian kingdom, the same as I would prefer Habsburg monarchy for Austrian peoples. But this is my opinion.
Wish you all the best too :)

MarcoSlawone
Apr 17, 2007, 05:34 AM
One reply back to CIV (although CIV II) : I love CIV II, and just yesterday installed CIV 4. The best gaming experience I got in my life was WWII scenario in CIV II. Once at school (basic/high school), I and other 2 classmates made a competition: we started to play this scenario at the highest difficulty level, with civ of allies. And we were competing, who will win it as the first. Well, I was not the first, but I stopped the playing when I had whole Europe under my control :) ... and crushed the rest of russian cities with dozens of stealth bombers, against which they had almost no defence, as they did not dispose stealth technology :)) .. but the playing when I was in the middle of Europe - fighting for Prague with axis ... it was just WONDERFULL (finally, I bought it with a spy :)) ... The moments, when I hardly thought of every movement.. because it might easilly cost me a city... it was more thrilling than whatever movie I've seen :)
I LOVE CIV ! :)

hrochland
May 16, 2007, 01:41 AM
SlovakiaMod 1.6.2 - now Bratislava castle as unique building in version for CIV4 1,61 Patch
download (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4096)

MarcoSlawone
May 16, 2007, 07:35 AM
Thanx a lot :) ... it makes me proud to know that Slovakia has its own Civ mod :) ... although I will not be able to play it, as 1.61 update does not work correctly in my pc (of land improvements - it shows only road :))) ...therefore I play 1.52 :) ... I play at Earth map for Chinese at monarch difficulty ... and been 6th of 7 civs in most of indicators :)))) (had vast lots of barbarians in the beginning - could not spread civ) ... however, I managed to destroy Mongols very early, and now I am beating Japanese (5th strongest) :)))

hrochland
May 16, 2007, 08:29 AM
Thanx a lot :) ... it makes me proud to know that Slovakia has its own Civ mod :) ... although I will not be able to play it, as 1.61 update does not work correctly in my pc (of land improvements - it shows only road :))) ...therefore I play 1.52 :) ... I play at Earth map for Chinese at monarch difficulty ... and been 6th of 7 civs in most of indicators :)))) (had vast lots of barbarians in the beginning - could not spread civ) ... however, I managed to destroy Mongols very early, and now I am beating Japanese (5th strongest) :)))

Good luck with Japanese... This mod contains one nation, two units and one building. I dont exactly remember difference between 1,52 and 1,61 but maybe it could work.

hrochland
Aug 09, 2007, 01:43 AM
SlovakiaMod 1.8 (BtS version)

- Update for BtS

KAVA
Aug 09, 2007, 03:50 AM
dakujem (thanks!)

hrochland
Feb 14, 2008, 01:26 AM
SlovakiaMod 1.9 (BtS 3,13 version) :)

Leaders: Stefanik, Stur
- UU 1: Zbojnik
- UU 2: Partyzan
- UB 1: Bratislava Castle // NO changes, only model in game //
- UB 2: slovak krcma // replace grocery //
- Added complete civilopedia enteries for Slovak Empire in Czech and English language

Last changes:
- New correct model for UU Zbojnik for BtS 3,13 created
- 1-st UB Bratislava castle edited as other palaces (without changes), only for model in game
- added 2-nd UB Slovak Krcma - replace grocery, better output than grocery
- Update for BtS 3,13

K.F. Huszár
Feb 14, 2008, 05:19 AM
MarcoSlawone

Wikipedia is not really coherent and reliable sometimes.

The Carpathian basin was under Hungarian (Magyar) rule (or dominance rather) since the early 10th century. The Hungarian Kingdom (Uhorsko in Slovakian language) was estabilished in 1000 /approx/.
The first two Habsburg kings - Albert and Ladislaus (László) V - sat really on the throne between 1437-1458, but it was not that "Habsburg Empire" which emerged a hundred years later.
Hungary became a part of the Habsburg conglomerate after 1541, but she maintained its own constitution till 1848, so the situation was between a personalunion and a confederation with the other Habsburg lands.

So, the bilingual part of the nobility in the Hungarian Kingdom (i mean Slovakian and Hungarian languages) kept their own "Hungarus" identity for long.

After all, most of the Slovakian peasantry fought with patriotic fever in the Hungarian revolutionary army in 1848-49 - for the common motherland, Uhorsko/Magyarország.

hrochland
Feb 20, 2008, 04:45 AM
many thanks for announcement two missing strategy texts :) I will add to the one week
HROCHland

boborko
Feb 23, 2008, 01:30 AM
Hey Great Slovakia Mod... should be fun...

BTW... I can't believe the Hungarian Jack-off thats been blabing about this for 3 years... thats f-ing messed up. let it go nut bar... no body cares about you mental problems and the problems of the . .. .. .. . hole you call home.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

HunSykora
Feb 25, 2008, 01:08 PM
@ K.F. Huszár: sorry, I didn´t want take discusse out of casual politeness :)

@ TheBoatman: I had studied Slovak history for two weeks from available materials, before I wrote it to civilopedia. Unfortunatelly it is not translated all to English. In English version of civilopedia I write about ancient times of slovak history.

I will be glad to talk about slovak history with both of you, despite of my bad English. ((Now my friend is helping me with nag - nag - nag :hammer2: nag))

P.S. I will learn about Magyar history as soon as possible. I don´t know much about it now. Sorry guys :)

Well, If you want I can write down a piece of paper the Slovakia history, or send an sms to your mobile, to read it. Slovakia has 10 year hystory....:lol:
Anyway, Great mod, nice work!!!

HunSykora
Feb 25, 2008, 01:12 PM
MarcoSlawone

Wikipedia is not really coherent and reliable sometimes.

The Carpathian basin was under Hungarian (Magyar) rule (or dominance rather) since the early 10th century. The Hungarian Kingdom (Uhorsko in Slovakian language) was estabilished in 1000 /approx/.
The first two Habsburg kings - Albert and Ladislaus (László) V - sat really on the throne between 1437-1458, but it was not that "Habsburg Empire" which emerged a hundred years later.
Hungary became a part of the Habsburg conglomerate after 1541, but she maintained its own constitution till 1848, so the situation was between a personalunion and a confederation with the other Habsburg lands.

So, the bilingual part of the nobility in the Hungarian Kingdom (i mean Slovakian and Hungarian languages) kept their own "Hungarus" identity for long.

After all, most of the Slovakian peasantry fought with patriotic fever in the Hungarian revolutionary army in 1848-49 - for the common motherland, Uhorsko/Magyarország.

Well, i know that Slovaks fough against the Hungarians in the '48 Revolution, but I will look after....:scan:

hrochland
Feb 26, 2008, 05:13 AM
Hi, HunSykora, K.F. Huszár and other :)
A Nice day :)
No need to hurry with futility...
I drived through Hungary several times and met many friends and ruffiens too. Same as in Slovakia.
A single people makes image of nation. I don't see to jangle two nations but people from two nations.

As regards civilopedia, here is picture of area in course of many centuries. It is interesant in civilopedia. Wider perspective. Possibility to take own opinion.

boborko
Feb 26, 2008, 05:41 AM
Well, If you want I can write down a piece of paper the Slovakia history, or send an sms to your mobile, to read it. Slovakia has 10 year hystory....:lol:
Anyway, Great mod, nice work!!!

Why do you care? whats the point? just accept it and move on... I cant understand why it bothers you so much? dont you have anything better to do than wack off and play video games? get a life and move on you piece of crap.

hrochland
Feb 27, 2008, 02:24 AM
Two missing strategy texts added to the modpack :)

HunSykora
Feb 27, 2008, 01:16 PM
Why do you care? whats the point? just accept it and move on... I cant understand why it bothers you so much? dont you have anything better to do than wack off and play video games? get a life and move on you piece of crap.

You know nothing about me how dare you judge me? Slovakian nationalists beating Hungarian people in Slovakia,
and I bet you don't know about Jan Slota, Slovakia's alcholic party leader who sad that we must build tanks to
crush Budapest to the ground. I bet there is no such things in Canada, there were no war, but here this happens every day...
You can't understand, and you won't understand what I'm talking about. Or do you think Europe is a contry too? Go and eat a hamburger you brainlees monkey...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malina_Hedvig -read this and think again.

HunSykora
Feb 27, 2008, 01:17 PM
Hi, HunSykora, K.F. Huszár and other :)
A Nice day :)
No need to hurry with futility...
I drived through Hungary several times and met many friends and ruffiens too. Same as in Slovakia.
A single people makes image of nation. I don't see to jangle two nations but people from two nations.

As regards civilopedia, here is picture of area in course of many centuries. It is interesant in civilopedia. Wider perspective. Possibility to take own opinion.

Hungary Greets you too, my friend....

boborko
Feb 29, 2008, 12:01 AM
You know nothing about me how dare you judge me? Slovakian nationalists beating Hungarian people in Slovakia,
and I bet you don't know about Jan Slota, Slovakia's alcholic party leader who sad that we must build tanks to
crush Budapest to the ground. I bet there is no such things in Canada, there were no war, but here this happens every day...
You can't understand, and you won't understand what I'm talking about. Or do you think Europe is a contry too? Go and eat a hamburger you brainlees monkey...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malina_Hedvig -read this and think again.

I know very well who Hedvig Malina is and the whole story about it... it happens all over the world... and it happens in Hungray too!!! I lived in Masonmagyarovar teaching english and Im SLOVAK Canadian! Its really too bad that you weren't here in Canada. I have more hungarian friends than Slovak here and I'm Slovak!!! Its becuse we forgive and move on instead of hating people you dont know just because they are different... JUST MOVE ON!!!! and i don't like hamburgurs... I do like Gulas and Halusky though. Just grow up and realize that the actions of a few punks beating up a girl dont represent 5 million other peace loving people. nor does Magyar Garda represent all 10 million Hungarians... there are trouble makers on both sides.... dont be one of them. and as for being brainless.... I have a sexy wife and drive a BMW what do I need barins for???

hrochland
Feb 29, 2008, 12:51 AM
This is the moment, when I would rather sit with you both and drink good Czech beer and eat Gulas and Halusky. After all we would have much to talk about it all. :) These problems have solving in individual level, I think
:beer:

HunSykora
Mar 03, 2008, 04:37 PM
I know very well who Hedvig Malina is and the whole story about it... it happens all over the world... and it happens in Hungray too!!! I lived in Masonmagyarovar teaching english and Im SLOVAK Canadian! Its really too bad that you weren't here in Canada. I have more hungarian friends than Slovak here and I'm Slovak!!! Its becuse we forgive and move on instead of hating people you dont know just because they are different... JUST MOVE ON!!!! and i don't like hamburgurs... I do like Gulas and Halusky though. Just grow up and realize that the actions of a few punks beating up a girl dont represent 5 million other peace loving people. nor does Magyar Garda represent all 10 million Hungarians... there are trouble makers on both sides.... dont be one of them. and as for being brainless.... I have a sexy wife and drive a BMW what do I need barins for???

You're Slovak... That makes sense.
És ezt neked írom, mert nem olyan fórum mégis... Csak annyit, hogy elég szar tanár lehettél, ha rosszul írod a hamburgert... És lépjünk tovább, mikor a tót bandád deportálta a magyarjainkat a háború után? Megerősítették ezeket a benes-dekrétumokat is... Dehát kanadából nem nehéz embereket megítélni. A Magyar Gárdát meg ismerem személyesen is, egytől egyig remek emberek. Egy szar vagy te se Istened, se hazád, nem is értheted meg ezeket.

HunSykora
Mar 03, 2008, 04:44 PM
This is the moment, when I would rather sit with you both and drink good Czech beer and eat Gulas and Halusky. After all we would have much to talk about it all. :) These problems have solving in individual level, I think
:beer:

Yeh, that would be nice..... A few drink would help solve the problems ;)

hrochland
Mar 04, 2008, 06:09 AM
Yeh, that would be nice..... A few drink would help solve the problems ;)

within bounds yes :beer:

boborko
Mar 07, 2008, 08:20 PM
You're Slovak... That makes sense.
És ezt neked írom, mert nem olyan fórum mégis... Csak annyit, hogy elég szar tanár lehettél, ha rosszul írod a hamburgert... És lépjünk tovább, mikor a tót bandád deportálta a magyarjainkat a háború után? Megerősítették ezeket a benes-dekrétumokat is... Dehát kanadából nem nehéz embereket megítélni. A Magyar Gárdát meg ismerem személyesen is, egytől egyig remek emberek. Egy szar vagy te se Istened, se hazád, nem is értheted meg ezeket.

Tudom némely magyar túl. A Kert van nem jó emberek. csak pihen és volna béke. Benes volt Cseh NEM Szlovák. emlékszik ez!

And please don't insult Canada... we rescued many of your people in 1956 nd they have found a very good life here. Just leave this alone... don't bother Horchland anymore and let people enjoy their game

pekny den ty prajem moj kamard z madarska!

hrochland
Mar 10, 2008, 03:24 AM
BtS mod reuploaded today

(vy si přátelé dáváte, je to trochu smutné)

hrochland
Mar 21, 2008, 05:41 AM
Diplomacy error in saladin code in BtS version was repaired.
Thanks to Kajousek for report :)

Nymir
Oct 16, 2009, 11:59 AM

Very good post,

for hun sykora: you are not stupid or lame hungarian, you are just stupid/lame human

cool3a2
Oct 16, 2009, 01:36 PM
Very good post,

for hun sykora: you are not stupid or lame hungarian, you are just stupid/lame human
After 1 1/2 year you felt it necessary to necro this thread?! I mean, if you would have written about anything that is connected with your mod, I would have never complained as in my opinion that's what this thread is for: asking for help or making suggestions to the mod - no matter how old the last thread is. Still, hun sykora is most probably not active anymore. No need to start this again. But once you already did, let me make one thing clear: although I respect Slovaks (I also know some of you guys without making bad experiences), never expect us to accept anything that still influences and was unquestionably a historic mistake. We won't move on in this case - that's not an option - understand this or be sure that you are the obtuse one here. And please don't tell me that violating european laws and extorting to use an other language then his own mother tongue from someone (although he lives in his home) 'happens all over the world'.

To come back to the actual topic of this: this mod is good work. Are there any plans to update this (making it 3.19 compatible if necessary, adding animated leaderheads etc.)?

K.F. Huszár
Oct 17, 2009, 02:20 AM
I just want to emphasize again: I do not really understand why they need to create history. WHY?

If I were a Slovak I would not feel any need for an artificial history. I would just enjoy the work of Benes Masaryk and their gang.

Nymir
Oct 18, 2009, 10:51 AM
I just want to emphasize again: I do not really understand why they need to create history. WHY?

If I were a Slovak I would not feel any need for an artificial history. I would just enjoy the work of Benes Masaryk and their gang.

Haha what a comedian.
Ok....never mind.... I m from Komarno , I m Slovak and I know that before 1000 years people don t have problems like your problems and peoples like you. I think we (Slovaks , Hungarians and another) have got common problem , perhaps you know what I mean.

*sory, my english is bad*

hrochland
Oct 18, 2009, 11:17 AM
My gods. Finish controversy. We are people, I think and here is neutral place.

To come back to the actual topic of this: this mod is good work. Are there any plans to update this (making it 3.19 compatible if necessary, adding animated leaderheads etc.)?

Thanks, cool3a2
I have two new versions. In my Hrochmod3,9 now but no problem release next version separate SlovakiaMod. In last version I solved diplomusic and select and order sound :) Have plan make slovak cityset and as regards adding animated leaderheads is welcome guy who can make graphics for it
Nice day
Hroch

K.F. Huszár
Oct 19, 2009, 03:02 AM
Haha what a comedian.
Ok....never mind.... I m from Komarno , I m Slovak and I know that before 1000 years people don t have problems like your problems and peoples like you. I think we (Slovaks , Hungarians and another) have got common problem , perhaps you know what I mean.

*sory, my english is bad*

Okay, Nymir, I agree partly. I would be glad to build a common country Uhorsko instead of Madarsko and Slovensko separately.

But for this, one important common platform is a shared history schoolbook. Aaaand... it won't be available without clarifying facts.

And, yes we have common problems, they are called Fico and Slota.

Nymir
Oct 22, 2009, 02:29 PM
Okay, Nymir, I agree partly. I would be glad to build a common country Uhorsko instead of Madarsko and Slovensko separately.

But for this, one important common platform is a shared history schoolbook. Aaaand... it won't be available without clarifying facts.

And, yes we have common problems, they are called Fico and Slota.

If I understand it correct you want get back Uhorsko, but problem is no one slovac want this, and there is end of all diskussion. If we talking about politicians you must bring to mind hungarian politicians too. But I think all politicians are :):):):)ers hehe. And I think different problem. That problem have got more countries. I help you, long ago it came from India (I suppose).

You study different version of history I suppose, but even if your version is 100% corect never convince 5 milions people that they are Hungarians or Czechs....

Next, chance to create Uhorsko is about so that USA declar they are again colony of U.K.

cool3a2
Oct 22, 2009, 11:29 PM
You study different version of history I suppose, but even if your version is 100% corect never convince 5 milions people that they are Hungarians or Czechs....
And all the Hungarians living in Slovakia, don't want to be part of Slovakia nor do they want to be Slovaks. Actually the situation is exactly the same as before Trianon, with inverted roles only.

If I understand it correct you want get back Uhorsko, but problem is no one slovac want this, and there is end of all diskussion. If we talking about politicians you must bring to mind hungarian politicians too. But I think all politicians are ers hehe. And I think different problem. That problem have got more countries. I help you, long ago it came from India (I suppose).
I guess you are refering to the gypsies here. Blame a minority solely for all problems is always easy, but I don't think this will solve any problem. Same can be said about gypsies in Hungary. I am familiar with the 'gypsy problem', not only from german media (those tend to oversimplificate heavily and make propaganda), but from reallife. It's not an easy thing with no easy answer. Still, if you continue this low level discussion, this thread will be closed very soon. And that's why I actually don't want to post here anymore. Although my opinion is that Hungarians should give contra to foolish opinions like yours wherever they meet them, this wouldn't be fair against hroch in this case. There already have been threads that got closed due to politic discussions. If we continue this, his thread might be closed as well. That'd be unfair. As you are heading towards crossing a certain border with your thesis about gypsies, although you haven't crossed it yet, you should be aware that a thread can be closed due to insults (no matter whether they are against a person or a complete people). Also, users can be banned from the forum. So, stop it, please, nymir and concentrate on the mod itself. Make suggestions to improve it or start helping to do so or report bugs. Otherwise I have no problems reporting to the moderators if you violate the rules...

Nymir
Oct 23, 2009, 05:55 AM
And all the Hungarians living in Slovakia, don't want to be part of Slovakia nor do they want to be Slovaks..

Anyone force Hungarians in Slovakia to be Slovacs, in fact they have got own kultural and education centres.

I guess you are refering to the gypsies here. Blame a minority solely for all problems is always easy, but I don't think this will solve any problem. Same can be said about gypsies in Hungary. I am familiar with the 'gypsy problem', not only from german media (those tend to oversimplificate heavily and make propaganda), but from reallife. It's not an easy thing with no easy answer. Still, if you continue this low level discussion, this thread will be closed very soon. And that's why I actually don't want to post here anymore. Although my opinion is that Hungarians should give contra to foolish opinions like yours wherever they meet them, this wouldn't be fair against hroch in this case. There already have been threads that got closed due to politic discussions. If we continue this, his thread might be closed as well. That'd be unfair. As you are heading towards crossing a certain border with your thesis about gypsies, although you haven't crossed it yet, you should be aware that a thread can be closed due to insults (no matter whether they are against a person or a complete people). Also, users can be banned from the forum. So, stop it, please, nymir and concentrate on the mod itself. Make suggestions to improve it or start helping to do so or report bugs. Otherwise I have no problems reporting to the moderators if you violate the rules...

Ok , I gree, but remember who start this and who start posting in Hungarian language.

so end of discution.

K.F. Huszár
Oct 24, 2009, 01:55 PM
Nymir,

first of all I told you Uhorsko to show it was a common cause and it could be once.

otherwise, i understand your self confidence, but the dice is always on the roll ... sometimes six for you, sometimes only one.

so, once more: you can treat my words including Uhorsko as an offer for shaking hands :)

please read something about the "hungarus consciousness".

hrochland
Dec 19, 2009, 07:11 AM
Hi all
Can somebody make for my mod animated leaders please (Stefanik a nd Stur)
thanks Hroch

cool3a2
Dec 19, 2009, 07:51 AM
I think your chance of getting animated leaderheads are better if you'd ask someone directly or put your requests in the corresponding requests thread. I bet that few of the leaderhead modders will see this post. To save you some time: I think you won't be successful when asking The Capo or Ekmek. The Capo wrote in his thread that he doesn't take requests at the moment and I think Ekmek is already working on own projects plus he is supervising his tutorial thread. If he'd be around, I'd say that Methyl would be your best choice. He makes really good leaderheads and might be interested in doing these for you (I know he is Slovenian not Slovak, but still). I personally haven't seen any post by him since a while, but who knows? Maybe he will return over christmas...

hrochland
Dec 20, 2009, 09:01 AM
OK thanks
Merry christmas :)

REDY
Dec 21, 2009, 07:18 AM
Nice work, Hrochu ;)

hrochland
Dec 27, 2009, 12:29 PM
dík and Merry Christmas REDY :)

K.F. Huszár
Dec 31, 2009, 02:48 AM
I guessed a new National Wonder for Slovakian "Civilization".

it is called the Bős Water Plant. Okay, call it Gabcikovo.
Results: power in the city. -10 health in the city. -10 diplomacy points with a neighbouring civ. -50% war weariness if war with this civ :)

cool3a2
Dec 31, 2009, 04:22 AM
Hey Huszár, I'm actually on your side, of course: I strongly dislike what happens in Slovakia since several years and I believe we should be much tougher against them as we don't reach anything otherwise. Still, hroch is an innocent victim here as he is czech, not slovak. Not to mention that he is currently also working on improving a model of the heroes square that should be used for my and kabcsis magyar mod and he already made a kopjafa building. In other words: he is helping us. Furthermore, we have made our point clear. What you might want to do is targeting Slovaks, but you forget that you hit hroch in first line. This ways, what you are doing is actually counter productive as the hungarian issue doesn't actually get more sympathy (it looks like we only spoil for a fight - especially as you haven't even post in our own thread(s), not even once AFAIK) and hroch might even stop to support our mod. Furthermore, it could be that Slovaks will start to spam our threads and that would be something I'd really like to avoid as this might end in closing the threads.

K.F. Huszár
Dec 31, 2009, 04:39 AM
you haven't even post in our own thread(s), not even once AFAIK)

Will you just please explain this? Who do you mean "you"? Me or Hungarian CivFans? And what is AFAIK?

about your fears. i can see that Slovaks are not queueing for commenting this thread... :)
so, i encourage you not to be afraid of the Flood of Slovakian Spams.

otherwise, jokes are just jokes... might be offending, but really a better way for critics.

cool3a2
Dec 31, 2009, 05:49 AM
By 'you' I meant you personally. Kabcsi, nitram, avain, AbsintheRed, me... are all examples of hungarian CivFans that have posted in our threads at least once.

AFAIK is short for As Far As I Know, AFAIK :D. That should mean that I don't know for sure that you haven't posted in our threads so far, but I can't remember that you did. I would need to check the said threads entirely to be sure, but I don't as this would take me hours. So I used this form to not exclude that I am wrong with my assumption.

Last time you posted here, there was a Slovak answering to you. He stopped that after I calmed him down and told him the possible effects verbal clashs with you here could have (again: it could end in closing the thread as this is political and offtopic - there already were threads that have been closed because of this). If you continue this, they will also which might lead to the said effects. If that happens, they might go for revenge and I could hardly avoid that then. Not to mention that this would be inpolite towards hroch.

This time, you suggested a building, but that was certainly meant ironic. People could get that as insult, so you are provocating. And still: we both made our point clear, I'd say - no need to go deeper in this matter for now. If there will ever be a Slovak offending us, then I have no problem with further 'crtics' - but even then, it might be better to write him pms. Hope you see, that my concerns are that my or hrochs work could be forced to come to an end.

BTW: Did you ever considered to join the hungarian forum (http://civilizacio.200gigs.com/)? After some troubles, it is about to be 'rebuild'. That means there was once more stuff available then is now and hopefully it will be again as kabcsi is working on converting the data from the old forum to make it available on the new. That's why the stuff available there, is currently limited.

K.F. Huszár
Dec 31, 2009, 10:36 AM
i never use such mosaic words, only if i must. that's why i never know them.

please, consider the meaning of antagonism.

and least, i would like to reserve the right to use sarcasm whenever i feel like - the ius murmurandi :)

I do not really know why you had to calm down the Slovak guy - my last words toward him were an offer for shaking hands.

so, i do not really care about the things you typed - your words sound to be void and meaningless.

happy new year!

cool3a2
Jan 01, 2010, 04:19 AM
I actually don't care about your sarcasm in general and I am not about to forbid it to you. If your sarcasm would be justified - that means if a slovak here would have provocated it - or if you would have at least any sort of contribution, I wouldn't care about it. But the truth is, that I only saw you do two things:
- ask a question in the c&c main forum
- provocating Romanians and Slovaks in their own threads.
What you AFAIK didn't do so far, is writing a mod or creating some art or make serious suggestions on how to improve an existant mod. Not even have you joined the hungarian community of this forum in any ways. This ways, what you are doing is highly respectless (towards hroch and his work) and senseless. In other words: you are trolling and I believe even this alone would justify to ban you from this forum. Not to mention that your acting and behaviour is a shame for the hungarian community on this forum as you are drawing a bad picture of us.

my last words toward him were an offer for shaking hands
If you are refering to the post from Oct 24, 2009 09:55 PM (post #57), then you should have recognized that you wrote that after I calmed down Nymir. Also, if you really want to re-establish Nagymagyarország, then you are rövidlátó. This would end in a second balkan. Not to mention that this is not really an offer for shaking hands from the point of view of a Slovak. I mean, I'm not against autonomy or even separatism, but we should concentrate on the substantial.

hrochland
Jan 17, 2010, 09:52 AM
Hi all. I am sorry to my mod for my Slovak friends is here thorn in the flesh for some peoples. I wil welcome positive ideas, of course :)
Hroch

hrochland
Sep 26, 2010, 03:45 PM
Slovakia2.0 version with new Ludovit Stur animated LeaderHead
download (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15432)
__________________________________________________ ___________________

hrochland
Nov 22, 2010, 08:26 AM
Both leaders, Ludovit Stur and Milan Rastislav Štefánik are animated in last version 2,01 for BtS 3.19
download here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15432)

Spillsandstains
Feb 03, 2012, 01:19 PM
dear MacroSlawone

i thought this was excellently done, if i can skin some leaderheads i'll post them for you

Sebastian2203
May 30, 2013, 04:38 PM
Hello ...
Nice disscusion you had there...
Thanks Hroch for making this mod , nice to see slovakia is not so unknow....