View Full Version : Hacked Civ3edit.exe v1.21f

Jimmyh
Apr 20, 2002, 03:16 AM
Here's a hacked 1.21f version of the editor to show the add and delete buttons.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/Civ3Edit.zip

Please backup your original before using this one and remember the add and delete are not officially supported by Firaxis so don't go bothering them if they don't work properly.

Cheers.
James.:D

echinococcus
Apr 20, 2002, 03:33 AM
Well thanks for your work at first.
But i do not get it to function properly:

- i do not have add/del buttons at all
- it crashes choosing "scenario properties" in the menu

I guess that is not what it is supposed to :(

And i unfortunately have lost my original editor :rolleyes:
Would someone plz be so kind to post it?

Jimmyh
Apr 20, 2002, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by echinococcus
Well thanks for your work at first.
But i do not get it to function properly:

- i do not have add/del buttons at all
- it crashes choosing "scenario properties" in the menu

I guess that is not what it is supposed to :(

And i unfortunately have lost my original editor :rolleyes:
Would someone plz be so kind to post it?

I told you to backup your original!!!

Do you have the latest patch for civ3 installed?

echinococcus
Apr 20, 2002, 03:50 AM
yes indeed you did. i lost it on other ways :cry:

Running 1.21f

Jimmyh
Apr 20, 2002, 03:54 AM
yes indeed you did. i lost it on other ways :cry:

Running 1.21f

Can you load it up and look at the about box in the help menu, and tell me what version numbers you have.

echinococcus
Apr 20, 2002, 04:09 AM
the version posted by you

edit v 1.32
bic v 3.08

it has german texts

Kilroy
Apr 20, 2002, 04:31 AM
I love you.

Gramphos
Apr 20, 2002, 04:45 AM
Apparently the localized parts of the editor crashed. There is a temporary editor for them (see the news). It's not hacked, but it will not crash for you.

Thunderfall
Apr 20, 2002, 09:20 AM
That's fast! :goodjob:

Can you also post a hacked version of the temp fix editor (http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/civ3/patch/temp/civ3edit.zip) for non-English OS?

Jimmyh
Apr 20, 2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Thunderfall
That's fast! :goodjob:

Can you also post a hacked version of the temp fix editor (http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/civ3/patch/temp/civ3edit.zip) for non-English OS?

Ok, here's the hacked version for non-English OS.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/Civ3EditNonOS.zip

Ed O'War
Apr 20, 2002, 12:00 PM
Thanks for posting a hacked editor for 1.21f. It took less time for someone to do this than I thought it would. Excellent. :)

Craterus22
Apr 20, 2002, 12:53 PM
Thanks for providing this great service

I wonder though - faster even then Firaxis could have done?

Jimmyh
Apr 20, 2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Ed O'War
Thanks for posting a hacked editor for 1.21f. It took less time for someone to do this than I thought it would. Excellent. :)

It actually takes about 2 mins to go through and set the flag to make them show and besides I use them so why not post it.

Bchaeus Maximus
Apr 20, 2002, 06:03 PM
What program do you use to edit the flags?

-Bchaeus Maximus

And THANK YOU!!

Jimmyh
Apr 20, 2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Bchaeus Maximus
What program do you use to edit the flags?

-Bchaeus Maximus

And THANK YOU!!

I use Visual C++ to edit binary files. I just happen to know what to change.

nonnob3
Apr 20, 2002, 09:52 PM
Can I copy using the Civeditor the Civmod ver.1.17 to the new 1.21 without any problems. Or do I have to re-edit all my units and changes again?:confused:

FunnyAcc
Apr 21, 2002, 09:15 AM
thx for posting the hacked editor for no-us-os
THX :D

FunnyAcc
Apr 21, 2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by nonnob3
Can I copy using the Civeditor the Civmod ver.1.17 to the new 1.21 without any problems. Or do I have to re-edit all my units and changes again?:confused:

i think y need to reedit only the units that will be have the new skills: Lethal Land and Sea Bombadment

Ed O'War
Apr 21, 2002, 06:42 PM
JimmyH, can you hack the editor to enable the civ placement feature? If you right click on a player start location tile, it gives the option to designate starting civ position, but it's grayed out right now. Presumable Firaxis will eventually enable that function, but I was wondering if it was possible to hack it so it was enabled now, for us impatient types. :)

Jimmyh
Apr 22, 2002, 06:22 AM
I've not had any luck with getting this feature enabled, I'm guessing that they hardcoded it to be disabled.

I could tell you that they have some other features disabled(hidden), but I want to stay in thier good books and I don't think they'd be to happy if I spilt the beans on what was comming.

You'll just have to wait I'm afraid.

James.

Ed O'War
Apr 22, 2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Jimmyh
I've not had any luck with getting this feature enabled, I'm guessing that they hardcoded it to be disabled.

I could tell you that they have some other features disabled(hidden), but I want to stay in thier good books and I don't think they'd be to happy if I spilt the beans on what was comming.

You'll just have to wait I'm afraid.

James.

Okay, thanks. I was just wondering if it would be possible, but I guess I'll just have to wait. :)

hzm
Apr 22, 2002, 11:42 PM
Can you post its help file?

Ralendil
Apr 23, 2002, 11:51 AM
Can we have the era add/delete button? Or are they disabling now?

Jimmyh
Apr 23, 2002, 04:16 PM
The era buttons can not be enabled, they are probably hardcoded to be hidden/disabled.

Ralendil
Apr 23, 2002, 08:40 PM
The era buttons can not be enabled, they are probably hardcoded to be hidden/disabled.

Thanks ! It was i thinked...

Stormfather
Apr 23, 2002, 10:09 PM
Excellent tool, it's very useful, but I have a question regarding it. I added in a wonder, but the game crashes when the wonder is built, because the new wonder doesn't have a splash screen. How do you assign splash screens to wonders? Or turn them off all together? -Thanks-

And by the way, the 4 eras are hardcoded.

Willem
Apr 24, 2002, 11:04 AM
the version posted by you

edit v 1.32
bic v 3.08

it has german texts

Apparenty the editor has a bug when using anything other than English. Mike has already released a new version that should eliminate your problem. I came across a thread over at Apolyton (sorry I can't remember where it was) if you can't find it here.

Jimmyh
Apr 24, 2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Willem

Apparenty the editor has a bug when using anything other than English. Mike has already released a new version that should eliminate your problem. I came across a thread over at Apolyton (sorry I can't remember where it was) if you can't find it here.

You can find a version of the non-English OS Editor in the first page of this thread.

Kilroy
Apr 24, 2002, 02:32 PM
Is it even possible to add eras? I know that you'd have to do a lot of work on pediaicons and the cityscreens.pcx, and probably many other files as well. But, if you did this, would it work? Or is the game coded to only accept 4 eras?

The reason I ask is because I want to eventually add a genetic age era.

hzm
Apr 24, 2002, 02:56 PM
Dan (I think his name is) of Firaxis said it was hard coded. You can't add eras. You could probably group two eras together and make one. Then you could have ancient/dark ages, industrial/modern ages, near future/far future ages etc.

Willem
Apr 25, 2002, 06:54 AM

You can find a version of the non-English OS Editor in the first page of this thread.

Yes, I noticed that as soon as I finished making an ass of myself. :D

TVA22
May 09, 2002, 06:09 PM
Up to now I've been using the Civ3 Multi-tool to add units and such, but I heard that this was more user friendly. I must say the hacked editor has fewer steps to go through, but I'm having some trouble setting some of the tags to the units like I want. For instance, I can't select any AI strategies for my new units, as they are all grayed out, except for explore, I believe. Is there something we have to do first to the unit stats or something to enable these commands? Or is this an uncorrectable problem until we get the expansion pack? Any help would be most appreciated.

Ralendil
May 09, 2002, 06:17 PM
Select load for your unit, offense and defense tactic will appear
Even if it is an air unit

TVA22
May 10, 2002, 09:08 AM
Feel like a moron. lol thanks!

sas330
May 19, 2002, 05:30 PM
it worked for me.:egypt: :goodjob:

captain walrus
Jun 04, 2002, 03:05 PM
Whenever I add advances the large pictures in the civilopedia are messed up. If I click on the civilopedia entry for Writing the game crashes. Any fixes for this?:confused:

Willem
Jun 04, 2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by captain walrus
Whenever I add advances the large pictures in the civilopedia are messed up. If I click on the civilopedia entry for Writing the game crashes. Any fixes for this?:confused:

Damn, I recall reading something about that, but it's hard to remember what it was. I think it had something to do with Writing having to be the last tech, just like the Era icons in Units_32.pcx have to be at the end of the file. I seem to recall reading something Plutarch wrote about it, in a thread at the top of Creation over at Apolyton. You might want to try that. Other than that, sorry. I've never played with that area before.

Antex
Jun 27, 2002, 04:26 AM
Hi all,
I added new wonder using Hacked Editor v.1.17f and it worked OK, now I'm using Hacked Editor 1.21 and I've done the same (the only difference is that in 1.17 ver. I checked no characteristics - Religious, Commercial,...; in this ver. I checked them all) but when the wonder is finished and wonder completion popup should be displayed Civ is crashing out :( ("invalid operation...")
Has anyone experienced the same problem or have any idea what causes error ?

Thanx in advance

Exsanguination
Jun 27, 2002, 05:39 PM
make sure the wonder splash in "indexed color" (in PS6), dunno bout PSP. That screwed me over for awhile.

RebelX210
Jul 02, 2002, 12:46 PM
If I add a new civilization, where can I set its .pcx files? Mine always crashes at the Diplomacy screen.

Chieftess
Jul 08, 2002, 03:43 PM

I use Visual C++ to edit binary files. I just happen to know what to change.

Hmm, I didn't know you could use VC++ for that. :) I use Cygnus Hex Editor.

Just decided to use it to look through the civedit exe now. :)

Shirannybl
Jul 22, 2002, 09:39 PM
Hello guys!I am so sorry to bother you but I have a big problem:I downloaded more than ten times the Civ3Edit.zip, extracted it all these times and even now my civ3edit program doesn't have the add/delete button.What should I do?Please help me!
Thanks, Shyrannybl

Shirannybl
Jul 22, 2002, 09:47 PM
Hello guys!I am so sorry to bother you but I have a big problem:I downloaded more than ten times the Civ3Edit.zip, extracted it all these times and even now my civ3edit program doesn't have the add/delete button.What should I do?Please help me!
Thanks, Shyrannybl

Willem
Jul 22, 2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Shirannybl
Thanks, Shyrannybl

If you have the latest patch, you don't need the hacked editor.

Maverick069
Feb 06, 2003, 07:43 AM
can this editor read all the icons in zulus latest units_32 file?

Shirannybl
Feb 06, 2003, 08:40 AM
Thanks for your help,Willem and Maverick069. Willem, I got the latest patch and you are right.Thanks!
Shirannybl

Maverick069
Feb 06, 2003, 09:46 AM
is there a program to make a scenario created by a civeditor of version 1.52 to work on a 1.29f version game?

Could someone test the units_32 file by zulus with some of the older hacked editors? try browsing through all the icons!

TerraHero
Mar 28, 2003, 02:31 PM
i need an cracked .exe for v1.21 ptw